Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Study Buddy

A nice restful weekday morning....

My wife Olivia was up....she had brewed some coffee....

We didn't have anywhere to be this morning...

She had finished three big cases...Two were courtroom trials, and one was a litigation...

Her niece and partner in her law firm, Attorney Beverly West-East had finished three courtroom trials and one litigation herself..

Her husband and our newest associate attorney, Nelson East had wished for some litigations a few weeks before after the three of them finished an intense murder trial...He got it...Three litigations and one courtroom trial...

It seemed like all three of their dockets were empty this morning...

We missed Josie being around.. She popped in every now and then... but our Para-Legal, who had just recently graduated from Law school was bust studying for the Bar exam the past few weeks..

Despite all of the Attorneys Josie knew...She was being helped by a young Attorney she had met named Dabnis...Dabnis Coley...
.

 Dabnis Coley had met Josie when she was in court with us a few months ago....They had met in the hallway while we were waiting for a verdict and he too was waiting for a verdict in his trial.
Josie kept in contact with him and when she graduated from law school and was ready to study for the bar exam.....He was all too happy to help her study for it..

They had been putting in the hours at the law library recently....

I'm Donnie Ray Alexander....I'm Olivia's husband and the Investigator at her law firm...I was once a Homicide detective in New Orleans until I met her one night in the summer at Essence Fest,,That was 6 years ago and since then our lives had changed immensely...I retired from the New Orleans Police department, got my P.I. license and moved to Philadelphia PA. ,where Olivia and I hooked up and eventually got married..It's been me, her and shortcake (Beverly) together ever since..


with Josie

and Nelson of course...

II-


Olivia had fixed two hot steaming cups of coffee...


"Mmmmmm that smells good" I said..

"It does...Nice to sleep late today isn't it?" said Olivia..

"Yes , very nice.." I said and pulled Olivia to me...

I ran my hand up her slip dress and rubbed her legs..

"You'd better watch it...you don't want to end up like Lt. Tragg ,

a few weeks ago...I've got this hot coffee...You heard what happened with Karen Page...

He snaked his hand up her skirt and startled her and she poured hot coffee in his lap.."said Olivia.

"You wouldn't do that to me would you?" I asked her..

in between slow, hot smouldering kisses, punctuated by me running my fingers into her panties...

"I wouldn't do it on purpose...Karen didn't do it on purpose..." she cooed softly...

I loosened my tie, took my shirt and undershirt off and came out of my trousers....

"Donnie Ray, what are you doing?" asked Olivia..



"I'm about to do you..." I said as I entered her sweet warm and wet center...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Ohhhhh my goddddd!" she moaned...….

We fell across our bed...Door wide open and began making sweet love....She giggled...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Rayyyyyyy...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…" she moaned..

"Ohhhhh my god Olivia, you are driving me crazyyyy." I moaned...

It was no laughing matter to me...Soon our bed was squeaking a little, our headboard was rattling and we were going to town...

Meanwhile downstairs in the office... Beverly and Nelson put some files away and began to talk..

 "I sure miss Josie being around...I've seen her maybe twice in three weeks.."said Beverly...
"I know, that's your other partner in crime...Next to Liv......She's studying for the bar...Who helped you study for the bar?" asked Nelson..

"Auntay!  We would go to the law library....stay to the wee hours of the morning..Her bum ass first husband Elwood would pick us up...

He didn't want to give me a lift home...She'd have to make him...He'd give me the long winded speech about how I was grown now...I had graduated law school and passed the bar and I shouldn't depend on my aunt to "carry" me the rest of my life...Which would lead me to say..."You're a married man now, you shouldn't have other women's panties and bras in your car...And one time I reached under the seat and actually found a bra and a matching pair of panties.." said Beverly..

"Oh wowww!  I know he put you out and made you take the bus home didn't he?" laughed Nelson..

''He wanted to but Auntay made him drive me home and she was so mad, she got out of his car and spent the night with me..."said Beverly..

"No wonder things are frosty between you two!" said Nelson..

"He was super arrogant...Much like that guy that Josie studies with...Dabnis...

I don't know what it is..He just rubs me the wrong way....but I know he's Josie's friend, so I don't say anything to him.."said Beverly...

"I know him vaguely...I've seen him around...He's a damn good attorney I hear...Very opinionated...Likes to argue...I guess that makes him a good attorney.."said Nelson..

"I guess." said Beverly...

 Beverly's Mother, Alfreda was in the front office....with Assistant District Attorney , Rockland Cambridge, her boyfriend..
They were kissing...

"Mmmmmmmm how long have you been turning me on like this?" he asked in between kisses.

''Well, we've been going together for about three years now....I've been turning you on since the day you first laid eyes on me in Group Therapy.." said Alfreda.

Rockland laughed.....

"That's about right.." he said..

and upstairs... THREE GLORIOUS HOURS of sweet, sweet lovemaking had slipped by and was coming to an end......

We were laughing like two high schoolers...

We eventually showered and got dressed and joined Nelson and Beverly downstairs..
"Hi Neicey Poo, Hi Nelson...We miss anything?"asked Olivia..who was just glowing...
"What's goin on guys?" I asked.. It was almost noon! I was thoroughly satisfied...I kept hugging and squeezing Olivia.. I'm sure everybody realized why we had come downstairs so late.

"Nothing today Auntay...It's been pretty quiet.."said Beverly..

"Sometimes the cases come like a flood...and then we have this big letdown..."said Nelson..

"Letdown is good...When we were Public Defenders we never had any downtime.."said Olivia.

"You aint never lied Auntay.." said Beverly...

"Nice to get a little rest and relaxation."said Nelson..

"Our girl Josie is probably hittin the books right now." I said..

"Yeah she didn't want to bother us because we all had cases as did Yvette's crew and Kayla...but I don't trust that Dabnis guy.....I think he's got hanky panky on his mind.."said Olivia..

"We are on the same page Auntay....I don't trust him either.."said Beverly...

III-


AT THE LAW LIBRARY-

 "Wow it's been three weeks...and we've covered so much ...I can't thank you enough Dabnis.."said Josie.
"Considering who you work for...I am honored that you took up my offer,,,After all




Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Beverly West and even Bev's husband , Nelson East , must be swamped with major cases." said Dabnis.

"They were pretty swamped and I didn't want to bother them or disturb their focus.."said Josie..

"You're very thoughtful Josie...I like that about you, Among other things!"said Dabnis..

"Wow!  It's late...I'd better call Paris..." said Josie..

"No Need to do that...I'll drive you home... This Paris, This uh boyfriend of yours...How long do you intend to continue on with him?" asked Dabnis..

''What do you mean?" asked Josie..

"Let me make it plain....You're an Attorney now....I mean taking the bar is just a technicality...You're no longer an Office Manager or Para-Legal...You're one of the Big Dogs now...Time for you to move up in your entire life, including your social life..."said Dabnis..

"What are you talking about Dabnis?" asked Josie..

Josie , you're a smart girl...Look at all of your contemporaries..

 Keith Jones, who I went to Howard University with , A Fine Attorney...We worked a case together a time or two.
His girlfriend, Beatrice Evans, A fine Attorney who I had the pleasure to work with also...

 Kahlil Ahmed...A fine Attorney...
His girlfriend, Sofia Garcia...A very tenacious Attorney...I worked a case with both of them once.

"Your Best friend.....Beverly West-East, Olivia's second in command at the law firm...

 "Look at her , She's married to Nelson East...
An Attorney....and their cousin...
 The lovely Kayla Bennett, who I  once worked a case with...As fine an Attorney as there is

and she's married to an Attorney...Ray St. Jacques...

''See where I'm going with this Jo?  Wolves run with Wolves...Not Sheep...I'm sure this Paris fellow is a nice enough guy....but you're above his pay grade now? What does he even do for a living?  You said he's an Office Administrative Assistant for the Comptroller's Office or something? See...you are so much above that now..When he's around you and your contemporaries what does he even talk about?  He can't discuss law and legal precedents and technicalities with them...He's a fish out of water." said Dabnis.

"Wowwww listen at you....Ms. Olivia isn't married to an attorney...And Ms. Yvette is not with an Attorney either..."said Josie..

"Olivia is with Donnie Ray Alexander....An Ex-Cop...Her Investigator....Donnie Ray is sophisticated..Dresses well, urbane and real cool...A Musician on the side I hear...

I certainly understand WHY she is attracted to him....I can't understand her marrying him...He's kind of below her standards too..but it works for her...and he has found a way to fit into her world..Our world. He' around attorneys all the time and I'm sure when he was a detective he was too...He knows the lingo...."said Dabnis..


"As for Yvette....

 She's dating another cop.....Gary Lockwood..
Again,like Donnie Ray, he dresses very well, Got that light skin , green eyes thing going for him..and is an Investigator for the District Attorneys Office...He's kind of in her world,our world.....works for Attorneys, knows the lingo..and I see why she'd go for him...but again...I don't get the whole picture...but...It works for her....

 Paris isn't Donnie Ray or Gary.....At least I can see the attraction with Olivia and Yvette...I don't see the attraction for you!!"said Dabnis with an air of superiority...
"Wowwwwwwwwww"said Josie  who looked at Dabnis like she was seeing him for the first time..

"You're a snob!!!....That's what you are....I never imagined you to be that..And for your information..All that matters is that I see the attraction." said Josie..


"Josie...Let me make this plain. I'm a brother that is very interested in you....I'm a brother that enjoys your company and has enjoyed these last three weeks tutoring you and lastly I'm a brother who finds you extremely attractive and sexy and who would like to get closer to you..I'm an attorney, I work for a very prestigious firm....I'm what you need right now...and you are what I neeeed  ummmmmmm."said Dabnis..who leaned over and kissed Josie..

He had soft lips and he smelled great....Josie was intoxicated and held on to that kiss a lot longer than she should have... Josie's lips were equally soft and she smelled great and had soft skin...Dabnis was so hard he felt as if his pants might split open...He held Josie in his arms for a few minutes while they kissed....Josie had to admit...she was enjoying the kiss.....

"Ohhhhh my goddd Josie..." he moaned...running his hands up her skirt and slowly tugging at the waistband of her panties, trying to slip them down...Josie stopped him and removed his hands...

"Okay...That's enough!!! Wowww, you know you could have said all of that without putting down my boyfriend and bringing up my friends.." said Josie, who eased out of his embrace...His trousers were standing out like a circus tent...She tried to look away....

''Would it had of made a difference?" asked Dabnis, who was rubbing Josie's legs and  again slowly running his hands up her skirt...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.." and moaning..He was close to climaxing...

"Noooo...It wouldn't, but it would have been nicer and I would be looking at you much different.."said Josie..

He leaned in for another kiss...

Josie moved away...

"Uh Uh Study Buddy....You got that one for free, but no more...Let's cool out...okay, while we are still friends.."said Josie, moving his hands and collecting herself..

"I want to be more than just friends.."said Dabnis, who was fully erect, his trousers standing out like a circus tent..

"I uh can see that...You need to calm down.."said Josie, who was feeling very nervous and uncomfortable..

She reluctantly got in the car with him....She sat as close to the window as she could...His trousers still showed that he was very erect..... They drove to the corner of her block...She opened the door.
.

She got out of his car...

"Hey, where are you going?" he asked.

"It's okay...I'm a block away from my loft....I'm going to stop in this Bodega..I can walk.. I'll uh see you tomorrow night....You calm down okay?.."said Josie..








IV-

The next morning...The four of us were in a booth at Sam Mother's Diner, waiting for breakfast...

 "I'm starved , How about you guys?" asked Olivia.
 "I'm famished.." said Beverly...
 "I could eat a horse.." I said..
''So could I.." said Nelson, who looked up..."Well Hello stranger..." he said.. It was Josie..

"Hi Guys....I feel like I've been gone for a year..." said Josie..

 "Heyyyy Jo." said Beverly, hugging her..
"Missed you girrrrl." said Olivia., who also hugged her and squeezed her tight..
"Come on....We're not giants...Come on, sit in this booth with us." I said.

Josie squeezed in between Olivia and me and we ordered breakfast..

 Pancakes for Me and Nelson
 Cheddar Omelettes for Olivia, Beverly and Josie
 Hash Browns
 Sausage
and steaming cups of coffee for everybody...

''Well, you ready to take the bar?" asked Olivia..

"Yes....I have just two more sessions with Dabnis...and I'm done.." said Josie...

"How is Dabnis?" asked Beverly...

"Until last night he was okay...We studied until closing and he would drive me home..Last night..he started talking to me about my future...My romantic future.....It appears he likes me and has liked me for awhile..

 "You know I got that impression.."said Nelson..
"So did I." said Beverly...

"But I don't like him....Not like that.. I don't think he quite accepts that..."said Josie..

"Oh Boyyy, I don't envy you at all baby girl."said Olivia.
"Beverly, it's like Larry North was with you...He feels as though now that I'm an attorney I need to in his words up my standards in men...He brought up you, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kayla....All matched up with lawyers.." said Josie.." He thinks Paris is below my paygrade." she added..

"That's because he wants you...Everybody is going to be below your paygrade..." said Beverly...


"You can be with whoever makes you happy Josie...My first husband was a lawyer and I was miserable, finding panties and bras in his car, IN MY CAR and finally in our home...Bev, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kayla found GOOD MEN!!.....not Attorneys...GOOD MEN!!...and I found a good man...Paris is a good man, He loves you dearly..." said Olivia..

"I know...I love Paris and Paris loves me.."said Josie..

"Then that's all that matters." said Beverly..putting her arms around Josie and hugging her.


We drove home from Sam Mothers Diner..

 Alfreda had fresh Tulips..She was putting them in a vase of water...
She smiled when she saw Josie..

"I had a feeling you might be stopping by today Baby girl....These came for you this morning."said Alfreda..

"Oh My God they're beautiful.." said Josie..

 "Yes...they are gorgeous...I like Tulips more than I do Roses." said Olivia.
 ''Who sent these to you Jo?" asked Beverly..
 Nelson whispered to me..

"Wanna take a bet on this one Donnie Ray?"
"That's a sucker's bet..." I said..

Josie read the card...

"They're from Dabnis...Dabnis Coley." she said and winced..

"That's your study buddy isn't it?  Ohhhh lawd Josie...You got this guy hot for you!  Ummmmm Ummmph!!!Well it is Spring!" said Alfreda..

 "Ouuuuuuu Josie!" said Olivia..
"Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl….."said Beverly...

Dabnis's attraction to Josie would be the least of our worries soon.


(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments:

Post a Comment