Friday, April 10, 2020

Bluntly

It was a beautiful spacious brick mansion...with a nice yard......When we walked up, the door was already open...

Crime Scene Investigators and Forensic personell were snapping photos and dusting for prints...taking blood samples and searching for any forensic evidence..

A black man about 45-50 years old clad only in his boxer shorts and a wife beater t-shirt lie face up on the floor , a lot of blood near his head....

The inside of this house was beautiful with eggshell color co-orindinated rugs and walls as well as furniture..

Part of the rug was now a crimson red with the man's blood..

Deputy Coroner and Forensic Investigator, Dr. Hazel Baylor had on latex gloves and was examining the body...

"Cause of death, blunt force trauma to the head...." she said.  She looked up..

"Oh Hi Livy, Beverly, Donnie Ray, Nelson... You're here earlier than I would have expected.." said Hazel..

 ''We got a call from Patty Reynolds, she was hysterical...Who lives here?" said Olivia looking around..
 "Oh My God...I-I hope he wasn't one of her uh-"I said , thinking about her history of extra-marital affairs...She was married to a very prominent and much older Judge...
 "I know Donnie Ray...I was thinking the same thing.."said Beverly...
"Where is she anyway?" asked Nelson..

Patricia Reynolds, once a Judge, now an Attorney in private practice was sitting in the corner, crying hysterically....A female police officer was passing her a bottle of cold water...

"Oh Liv...Livy....I'm so glad you cammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme!" she cried...

"Patty, what am I doing here? What are YOU doing here? And whose house is this?" asked Olivia..

"This is not what you think.....This is my Realtor, Herbert Jeffries...I was buying this property from him...we had been in negotiations for weeks...My Husband and I decided we wanted something smaller and in the city...Closer to where we would be working.." she said.

Beverly eyed two wine glasses, but did not say anything....

"It's not what you think...We did have wine...To celebrate the sale.." she said..  "I left...I got halfway home and I got a call that I left my purse..So I doubled back...When I got here..The door was open and the light was on...I walked in and found Herbie...I mean Herbert on the floor with his head bashed in....I called 911 first to report it and then I called you...Oh My God!" she said, crying profusely..."

I observed the body and then scanned the room ,just as I would do when I was a Homicide Detective..

"You didn't touch anything did you?" I asked..

"No nothing...but my prints are already on the things I did touch.." she said..

"Well you tell the Homicide Detective what you told us when he or she gets here."said Nelson..

And just then...

Lt. Tragg walked in with four uniformed policemen..

''Alright, what have we got here?" he asked..

"I almost expect to hear a theme song playing somewhere.."I whispered..

Beverly cracked up laughing...

''Donnie Ray stopppppppp!"said Olivia, smiling.

"Liv, you're here early...I usually expect to see you once the suspect has been arrested and in custody.."said Lt. Tragg...

''Cause of Death is Blunt Force Trauma to the head....We haven't been able to find a murder weapon." said Hazel..

''Who is he? He live here?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"His name is Herbert Jeffries...He's a Realtor..He was selling this place.."said an officer...

"Selling it? To who?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Go ahead Patty, tell him what you told us." said Olivia softly...

"Yeah, Go ahead." said Beverly..

'Mr.Jeffries is or was my realtor...My Husband and I were purchasing this house...We wanted something smaller, something in the city..Where we would be working...We had just closed the deal..My husband wasn't home...So I came by to sign the papers...I left...I got halfway home and I got a call that I left my purse..So I doubled back...When I got here..The door was open and the light was on...I walked in and found Herbie...I mean Herbert on the floor with his head bashed in....I called 911 first to report it and then I called Olivia and Beverly, my attorneys." she said, still crying profusely.

Lieutenant Tragg looked at the two wine glasses..

"This is how you always close a deal Mrs. Reynolds...With the man's pants off?  You know I've heard the stories about you and other men and if I recall in 2018 your husband went on trial for beating a man to death who you had been openly flirting with!" he said..

"Lieutenant Tragg, you're wayyy out of line here and her husband was acquitted."said Olivia.

"That's right!" said Beverly...

"Ohhh I know.....You guys defended him...I remember...."said Lt. Tragg, laughing..


"She did call 911....She didn't touch anything.."said Nelson..

"She didn't touch anymore than had been already touched...."said Lt. Tragg...

"He was my realtor!  Nothing More...I came here to sign papers, to close the deal and we had wine and I left...He called me to tell me I had left my purse..You can check my phone...I came back and I found him dead...That's the truth..."said Patty..

"I'll bet you closed the deal...Heh heh heh.."laughed Lt. Tragg..

''Stop it..Just stop it."said Olivia..

"That's not very nice."said Beverly...

"Welcome to the real world baby... She has a reputation of fooling around...He's a young handsome realtor...They close the deal...They celebrate with wine and his head is bashed in and he's in his boxers....Did you notice your husband hasn't said a word? He knows the deal.."said Lt. Tragg,laughing..

"Judging by the blows and where they landed on the head....I'd say your killer is a man, about six feet or over and left handed....Mrs. Reynolds is right handed...five foot nine....."I said ...while they were talking, Hazel and I were examining the body..We had turned it over...

"Your killer used something steel or iron...and they took it with them.." I said..

"I concur with what Donnie Ray said."said Hazel...
Nelson smiled..

Beverly smiled..

Olivia said to herself...staring at me-

"That man just turns me on so much!"


Lt. Tragg didn't like being shown up by anyone...especially a P.I.  but he had to acknowledge...I had been a Homicide Detective....



 An officer brought a crowbar in....

"We found this in the bushes Lieutenant." he said..

The crowbar had fresh blood and brain matter on it...

"Get a big plastic bag , wrap that...We'll test it for prints and DNA..."said Hazel..

Lt. Tragg looked slyly at Patricia Reynolds...

"Now I won't find your prints or DNA on that ,will I?" he asked..

"No...I never saw that in my life.."said Patricia..

"Okay...Don't leave town." he snickered..."Let's go boys...you can release the body Hazel..I want a full report, ASAP!." he said as he departed..

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I despise that man."growled Patricia Haley...
"Welcome to the club.."said Hazel, with a smile..


We watched as the body was bagged and wheeled out!
 "Well, At least this didn't end in an arrest..."said Olivia..
 "Let's get you home.....You need a shower and we need everything you have on....Dress, Panties, Bra,shoes..We need to test for DNA...So we can have a leg up on any charges Lt. Tragg might be thinking of bringing." said Beverly..
 "It's no secret...He's lazy when it comes to doing a thorough investigation of anything."said Nelson..
"I plan to question everybody within a five block radius and scan street and traffic cameras..."I said.

"Thank you guys.....By the way , where is the other young lady that is usually with you...The uh Para -Legal?" asked Patricia.

''She graduated from law school three weeks ago..She is studying for the bar..."said Olivia proudly...

''Ohhhh My!!!...Good for her...Does she plan to stay with you?" asked Patty.
"Yes..I'm going to bump her salary and add her on as an Associate Attorney..."said Olivia..

"Look at you Liv, got your own practice

and three additional Attorneys



 and an Investigator..

I am so proud of you..." she said.




II-


AT THE LAW LIBRARY-

"Well, it looks like we are all finished...I can't thank you enough Dabnis for all your help...I'm ready to take the BAR." said Josie..


"You were a good student Josie...Did you order it yet??, I mean apply to take the test?" asked Dabnis..

"I did...It's all paid for....and I'm ready to take it as soon as possible..My date is two weeks from now.."said Josie.

''Do you need help on your Essay?" asked Dabnis..

''I wrote it already...Olivia, Beverly and Nelson





checked it and approved it. but thank you for asking."said Josie proudly..


''Wowwwwww I am impressed....You are sooo together young lady...Smart andddd sexy..."said Dabnis.

"Thank You Dabnis...Thank you again for all your help..."said Josie..

"It used to be a two day test....I understand it's been condensed to a one day test...and you'll get your results on line within 24 hours..."said Dabnis...

"Oh that's cool, sooo cool." said Josie..

Dabnis looked at the clock...It was 11:00 pm...They usually weren't done until near 2:00 am in the morning..

He stared at Josie's breasts....

She had forgotten his kiss and unwanted groping of two nights before... It hadn't been mentioned..but now his staring was making her uncomfortable again..

"Josie you got my tulips two days ago didn't you?" he asked..

"I did...Thank you sooo much...They were beautiful.."said Josie..

"Josie, I really would like to see you again..."said Dabnis..

"You'll see me in court ,when I'm trying a case, either by myself or with my team..."joked Josie..

''You know what I mean.." he whispered...He had on another intoxicating fragrance...

He had his hands snaking up her mini skirt again and rubbing her legs..


"Josie...I'm a man...A man with a huge penis...A man who wants to put that huge penis inside you.. Very badly....."said Dabnis.

"Ouuuuuuuuuu….Oh my God...You are so blunt... You've had your hands on my legs for the past half hour and you've been running them up my skirt...now you're tugging on the waist band of my panties again...It's quite obvious that that is what you want....but it's not gonna happen babe....I've got a man...you know that...we've discussed this before.."said Josie, moving his hands...

"Damn your man!!...Damn him!!! I've been tutoring you for three weeks now...and even before that , we've been talking....I uh took you to lunch once...a very nice place ......You know what's up....You've always known what is up! I want to put this blunt thing inside you..."said  Dabnis.

"Oh My God!!!!So All of this was so you could sleep with me?.."said Josie..

''Come on Josie, you're a big girl, you know how things work! " he said..  He looked at his watch!...

"It's late, almost midnight..You don't want to make that long drive home...Come over to my spot..and I'll bring you to your car in the morning baby...I've got some wine...some pleasent conversation, some good music to put you at ease..."he said..

"I don't have a change of clothes...and I don't want people to see me coming in in the morning in the same clothes I had on the day before..No...I don't think this would be a good idea. Bottom line Dabnis, I'm not going home with you..I'm flattered, I am...but I'm spoken for..."said  Josie...

Dabnis  pulled her to him, His hand was still up her skirt...He tugged on the waistband of her panties, she finally moved his hands from under her skirt.........He attempted to kiss her, but Josie moved her head...He tried to move it back, but she moved away....
"Dabnis, stop it okay? Calm down.."said  Josie.. "I'm glad this is our last study session..." she said.

"Damnnn  Josie you are so sexy...Come on....Get with the program baby. Slip them panties to the side baby"he said..
"Dabnis, calm down....Calm down, you're a little too excited...Calm yourself down."said Josie..
 It was near midnight...They were the only two people in their section of the law library...

Dabnis attempted to kiss her once again, but Josie moved her head...Dabnis tried to move it back, but she moved away....
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, come here baby....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you've got me hotter than a cigarette at a gas station.." he moaned.. 

He grabbed her behind and pulled her into him, He kissed her neck and the side of her face....She eased out of his embrace once again..


"STOP IT OKAY! WHAT HAS GOTTEN IN TO YOU?" said Josie....with a tinge of anger in her voice.,.

Dabnis knocked over a chair...Some of their briefs fell to the floor...He was now grinding Josie up against the wall and breathing heavily...

"You've gotten in to me Josie....I'd like to get INTO YOU!!! I can't stop....Do you really want me to stop Josie?" he moaned...

Josie slapped him hard and kneed him in the groin.....He now had his answer! His glasses went flying in the opposite direction...
Dabnis moaned and fell to the floor with a CRASH, knocking their law books over on top of him....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned

The curator came around the bend...just as Dabnis was getting to his feet..He was in excrutiating pain and trying to catch his breath....His glasses were on the floor.....

"Is everything alright? You okay sir?" he asked..He snickered....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." moaned Dabnis, trying to catch his breath...



Josie and the curator collected the papers off the floor...She put them in her briefcase..

The Curator picked up all of the law books and put them on a cart to be returned..He passed Dabnis his glasses...

"You were finished with these weren't you?" he asked.

"Yes...we are finished here." said Josie, fixing her clothes....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph." groaned Dabnis...


"You okay sir?" asked the Curator.


He looked at Josie and smiled...

He could imagine what happened..This guy had gotten fresh and got the worst of it..He surmised..


"Yes...Yeah...Uh I'm fine...Uh lost my balance..." said Dabnis..
Josie was ready to leave now...She hadn't wanted the night to end like this...but she hadn't expected to be sexually assaulted either. .

Dabnis straightened his clothes...

"I'm sorry Josie...I really am...I-I-I uh got carried away...I'm so sorry.." he said..

Josie straightened out her clothing....

"I'm sorry too..I'm sorry I hit you...." she said, catching her breath...

"You really like this guy that much huh?" he asked..

''Dabnis...Don't start...I'm going home...I suggest you go home too, and take a cold shower..."said Josie..

"Josie, don't be mad....I'm sorry" he said and leaned in to kiss her , but she moved away...

."You STILL don't get it...It's not gonna happen babe...It's not gonna happen." said Josie.. She walked out and over to the parking lot...

Got in her own car and pulled off!







III-

It was close to midnight...Josie rang the doorbell...

"Heyyy Stranger....You're in luck...We were still in the office." I said..

 "Heyy Josie!  What are you doing here?" asked Olivia..
 "Good to see you!!...Ready for the Bar? It's in two weeks?" said Beverly..
''She's ready, ready as she'll ever be."laughed Nelson...

"I saw the light on in the office...Else I wouldn't have stopped by..." said Josie..

 ''That's alright! We missed you...Glad you did stop by..."said Olivia.
'' Lonely? Needed to talk? ..What ails you ?" asked Beverly jokingly..

"Could I crash here tonight?" Josie  asked..

"You know you're always welcome....Of course....Want me to call Paris?" asked Beverly..

"Oh wow!  Thank you....I would like to see him very much.."said Josie..

"We got a new case..."said Nelson...

"We do?" asked Josie..


"Yes, WE DO!...NOT YOU!  You just finished studying for the bar..I want you to relax....so you'll be loose and ready...You'll have plenty of time to be in court when you get your license.."said Olivia..

"I need to hang out with you guys...Please...I'll be fine.."said Josie..

"Josie, Are you alright? what's bothering you?" I asked.. I could sense all was not right with her..

"That guy I was studying with, Dabnis...Tonight was our last night of studying...He really came on strong..Got a little handsy...Tried to kiss me, was begging me to come home with him...I had to uh straighten him out.."said Josie..

 ''The old knee to the groin?" asked Beverly
"Slap in the Face?" asked Olivia.

"Both!  He just doesn't get it...He thought because he took me to lunch a couple of times and he was tutoring me on taking the bar that I should have rewarded him by sleeping with him.."said Josie.

"Hmmm maybe  I need to have a little talk with Mr. Coley."I said...getting angrier by the second..I considered Josie one of my girls in the same way I did, Olivia and Beverly...and I was angry..

 ''No, it's okay...He got the message tonight...He apologized profusely.."said Josie..
 "Well thank goodness for that. Wowwww I had a feeling about him...The way he looked at you in court...I figured he was sweet on you."said Olivia..
"He's probably not going to speak to you for awhile, but he'll get over it..If he's anything like Larry North was , This isn't the last you'll hear from him.."said Beverly, rubbing Josie's back and hugging her..

"Sooooo tell me about the case and the client.." said Josie..

IV-


"The Client is Judge Percy Reynolds....

"He's been arrested and charged with First Degree Murder..." said Nelson..

"Didn't we defend him before? Some guy was flirting with his wife? He was accused of beating the guy to death?" asked Josie.


"This may be different" said Olivia.. "She apparently was purchasing a house..she and him...She met with the Realtor, Herbert Jeffries
 ''A beautiful stone brick mansion

to close the deal...They had wine...She left...and he called her to tell her that she had left her purse..She returned and found him lying on the floor with his head bashed in.."said Olivia.

"In his undershorts and t-shirt..."added Beverly..

''What? was she and the realtor?" asked Josie..
''We don't know...She says they weren't..She says they signed some papers...Which we found and had some wine.. and she left...He called her and said she'd left her purse..and when she returned she found him dead!" said Nelson..

"Lt. Tragg asked one good question...Why was the guy's pants off?  We found his trousers on the floor in one of the bedrooms and an unmade bed..If he knew she was coming right back to get her purse..Why was his pants off?  He didn't live there..He was selling the place. why was he in the bed?" I asked.


''All questions I plan to find out the answer to."said Olivia..

"The police found the murder weapon in the bushes outside the house..

A crowbar with the judges fingerprints on them.....

He swears he was dining at Big Rig's Soul Food Joint the entire afternoon...




Lt. Tragg  arrested him and formally charged him with First Degree Murder...They claim the motive was  the Judge was in a murderous rage when he found out his wife was having an affair with the Realtor...A claim she denies.." said Beverly...



"Naturally the press was there to take the whole humiliating arrest in."added Beverly..

"It doesn't look good, but the last time he was in court it looked even worse..."I said.

''Sure you don't want to sit this one out Jo?" asked Nelson..

''No...I need to be part of this.."said Josie..

"You can observe only!....Oh, there is the doorbell.....We'd better turn the light off in this office." Joked Olivia.


It was Paris...

"Hey Ms. Olivia....I uh traced the GPS in Josie's phone...I uh figured she was here...And I drove by and I saw the light on in the office...So I uh went and bought some Fried chicken.." he said.

and put the box on the table..

 "Oh My God!!!....I love him!!!" gushed Beverly...
"Bless you Paris.."said Olivia ,hugging him...

 "Mannnnnnn you are alright with me.."I said..I was a little hungry..
''Way to go Paris!" said Nelson...

 Josie smiled, put her arms around Paris...

"I'm so glad to see you baby!" she said.
"I'm glad to see you too." said Paris..

She Kissed him passionately in the doorway...

Looks like somebody was going to have a good night..


(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments:

Post a Comment