Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Best Served Cold

Dabnis sat alone in "The Fishbowl" the nickname the detectives have for the Interrogation Room...



He felt weak, as if he had been drugged....All he remembered was that he was at a Bachelor Party at the rooftop terrace of his job...It had been for one of the other Attorneys, who like himself was engaged and going to be married soon...He had a few drinks...Not enough to get him drunk and then the entire world went black!

He woke up in an empty, unused office a few floors down with his trousers off, as well as his socks and shoes..

And his head in the lap of a sexy woman clad in only her panties and bra...He dozed in and out of consciousness...

Then he passed out...When he woke up...He was surrounded by a dozen policemen and reporters snapping photos of him..

He was allowed to get dressed and then taken downtown ,along with several other people at the party..

21 to be exact....

All 21 people had been released and not charged with anything...He was the sole person in custody..

He willingly submitted to a urinalysis...and then he sat in the Fishbowl...

I walked in with Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Jade...

 "Hey Man...What did I tell you? I told you to be careful at that Bachelor Party... What did I tell you about playing away games huh?" I said, shaking my head and chiding him...I knew how out of hand those office parties could get...
 "Dabnis are you alright?" asked Bee Bee..
 "What Happened?" asked Sofia..
 "It's all over the news...Prominent Attorney who sued the Police department , Busted at wild Office Bachelor party, Sloppy drunk and with uncut Heroin found in the room.."said Kahlil..

"WHAT? HEROIN??  Come on mannnnnnn yall know me...I don't get down like that...I don't do drugs...and I know I didn't have enough drinks to be drunk and that office they found me in...I have no idea how I even got there..I was on the roof, Getting ready to leave actually and the next thing I know I'm waking up, My pants are off and my head is in the lap of some woman I never seen before and she's in her panties and bra...I have no idea what happened..I don't even remember being brought here..Am I being charged with something?" asked Dabnis..
"The good news is...You're not being charged with anything.. You are free to go... All 21 of the other people arrested with you were released too without charges.. The bad news is you were the only one identified by name and whose photo is plastered all over the media...Mostly because you sued the Police Department and won a big settlement.."said Jade.

"It's the cops, they're trying to set me up!" said Dabnis..

"Whoaaaa partner...If you're going to make that charge, you'd better have some evidence.."I said..

"The results of your urinalysis will be back in a few hours...Meanwhile,let's get you out of here."said Bee Bee..

''Where is Jazzy? I've got to see Jazzy.."asked a frantic Dabnis..
"Ms. Yvette texted us last night...They had a late dinner and they checked into a Motel overnite..They're coming home this afternoon."said Sofia..

Dabnis checked his phone...and there was the text.-


"Hey Baby, we had dinner and decided to stay at a motel tonight...We'll be coming home in in the morning..Sorry...I miss you boo! I'll see you tomorrow!" she texted!


"Damn I missed her text...I could have been anywhere.." he sighed..

"Let's get you out of here..come on.."said Kahlil....

We processed him out and we drove him by his house..

Inside was an envelope addressed to Attorney Jasmine Jenkins...It had no return address..

Dabnis opened it..

Inside were several photos of him unconscious, clad in only his boxers , with his head in the lap of a woman clad in only her panties and bra..

"WHOAAAA, look at this...I don't know this woman, I don't recall her being at the party and I certainly didn't go to this office with her.."said Dabnis..

"Somebody is really trying to put the screws to you.." I said..

"This all sounds so familiar....Reminds me of the recent frame job done on B.L. Benz." said Jade..

 ''Olivia and Beverly told me about that.."said Bee Bee.
"They told me too!" said Sofia.

''Wowwwww, good thing Jazzy isn't home...Would've been hard for you to explain this.."said Kahlil.

"Give these Photos to me...I'm going to try and track down this woman.." said Jade..



II-



We all sat in Sam Mothers later on that day...

"Thank you guys sooo much for getting me outta there..and taking me home in time to find those photos...You're right Kahlil...I would have had a hell of a time explaining those photos to Jazzy.."said a somewhat relieved Dabnis..

''Don't mention it... Look, I just talked to Jade..

She interviewed everybody at that party including the bartenders...They remember you passing out...but the three guys who took you out of that party were not employees, not attorneys or party guests...They don't turn up on the street cam or traffic cam either...She suspects they left from the back exit, which wasn't covered..." I said..

"I talked to Dr. Hazel Baylor.."said Kahlil.. "The Results from your urinalysis show that while you were legally intoxicated...you also had enough Rohypnol in your system to knock out a horse.."said Kahlil...

"But no Heroin.?" asked Dabnis..

 "No Heroin was in your system or anyone elses at that party....That's why you were released with no charges at all honey...You're in the clear..."said Bee Bee rubbing his back.
Jade just texted me...

''Sam, could you turn the Television on the news?"asked Sofia.

"Sure thing darlin"said Sam.

"There is mounting evidence that the Attorney picked up last night along with 21 others after a wild Bachelor Party may have been the victim of a frame up..."

said B.L. Benz , who was guest reporting for NBC News.

Dr. Hazel Baylor, deputy Coroner and Forensic Investigator stated.. "Although Mr. Coley was legally intoxicated...He had enough Rohypnol, the date rape drug in his system to knock out a horse.."she said..

DEA Regional Special Agent in Charge, Carol Redding stated -

''The Uncut Heroin found in the office with the Attorney was found to have come from the Philadelphia Police evidence room...The DEA and the Criminal Investigation Division and The D.A.'s Office.  is doing a thorough Investigation of the evidence unit and office to see who may have been responsible for the theft.."she said..

Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the District Attorney's Office stated..

"I don't personally believe the Philadelphia Police department conspired to set Attorney Dabnis Coley up, but we want total transparency here and we won't stop until we get it.." he said.. 'We Will be co-operating with the DEA and The CID in the Investigation..." he said..


''Stay tuned for further developments.."said B.L. Benz.

 ''See, I told you everything was going to work out...You have practically been cleared.."said Sofia.
"And we got those incriminating photos...Jade has already destroyed them...

She found that woman in those photos...

She was a prostitute hired by one of the Attorneys, a Chet Hutchinson...

She was just told to take her clothes off and put your head in her lap...She didn't know anything about any uncut Heroin..."Jade said.

"Chet Hutchinson...This has him written all over it.. He's a a Racist...He hates me...He tried to get me fired once before...This wasn't the cops...This was him...I ought to go up to the office and clean his clock for him.."snarled Dabnis..

"That's what you don't want to do....but you can take these photos to your boss and get him fired.."I said..


There were photos of him carrying an envelope and slipping them under the door of Dabnis and Jazzy's house , early in the morning..Around 2:30 am..

"Gary got em off of the Traffic Cam....It's time stamped 2:30 am....

That's him....Thing is...at 2:30 am, you were just getting to the police station...That's awful fast isn't it..?"asked Kahlil..

"Sure is...I was wrong to blame the Philadelphia Police for setting me up...The whole thing came from inside my office." said Dabnis..


Our lunch came....Ham Salad sandwiches and Cokes..

 "Ummmmm My Grandmama used to make these for me when I was a little boy...I couldn't find anywhere that made these until now.." I said..
 "Ummm They are Delish....I love em.."said Bee Bee.

"You Eat Ham?" asked Dabnis to Kahlil..
 "I'm Not Muslim....I'm Iraqi -American.."said Kahlil..."Actually I'm Christian.."said Kahlil.

"My Bad Man...I meant no offense.."said Dabnis..

"It's All good man...I have to explain this a lot." laughed Kahlil.
''What a day and we were supposed to rest today..."laughed Sofia..

As we chowed down....

III-

At Police Headquarters, Lt. Tragg found himself sitting in the Fishbowl...The Interrogation room where he had shook down so many suspects in the past..

He was sweating like a stuck pig... The Frame he had so carefully put together had fallen apart around his feet..

''Am I going to need an Attorney?" he asked.

 "No...You aren't being charged with anything...We just have some questions to ask you.."said ADA Keith Wallace.
 "About Detective Mike Grisley… We found out from a thorough Investigation that He stole a large amount of Uncut Heroin from the Police Evidence lockup where he was assigned..He stole it awhile ago.." said Lt. Sissy Van Buren ,who was overjoyed to have Lt. Tragg on the hotseat...

''What's that got to do with me?" asked Lt. Tragg..
 "You and he were good friends...Did he confide in you?" asked Gary Lockwood ,Investigator for the D.A.'s office..

"He didn't confide in me that he did that...because he knows the kind of cop I am...I'd of busted him.."said Lt. Tragg..
"Well the baggies of Heroin found in the room with that Attorney the other night was uncut...It wasn't street ready."said Detective Angie Barlow .."and he was roofied....so it's obvious he was set up... He sued you and the Police department recently...And folks were saying that this looks like a Police Set up..Naturally we want to clear the department's name."said Angie reassuringly..

"Look, I didn't lose a damn dime...I mean I'm not happy being on indefinite desk duty, but I could care less about that jamolk…"said Lt. Tragg..

Standing outside the Fishbowl were the rest of the Detectives..

 "You're enjoying the hell out of this aren't you Jimmy?"said Detective Sirena Pile.
"You know I am.."laughed Jimmy...

"You don't believe Lt. Tragg is mixed up in this do you?" asked Detective and newly minted Attorney, Tony Hopkins..

 "Of course not..Tragg isn't smart enough to put together a frame like this.."said Detective Tyriq Pile.
''Wasn't such a successful frame...It fell apart as fast as it came together.."said Carlotta.

"Yeah Top is right...and unfortunately...The culprit that stole the heroin is dead...What do you make out of that?" said Duke.. " He died before the department was sued...So Somebody was holding on to this and waiting for the right moment to use it.."said Duke.

"I think I'm the only one enjoying seeing Lt. Tragg on the hot seat more than Jimmy."laughed FBI/ATF Deputy Special Agent in Charge, Sharon Hopkins, who despised Lt. Tragg.

DEA Regional Special Agent in Charge, Carol Redding was also in the room..

''Attorney Chet Hutchinson, " she said.

''What about him?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"You two are friends...You had Breakfast in Sam Mother's Diner the other day..."said Carol, who had been a young Detective ,serving under Lt. Tragg at one time before she joined the DEA and rose up the ranks..

''We had coffee..We uh play the ponies...That's it...I don't know what he has going on.."said Lt. Tragg..

"You have no idea how he got his hands on Heroin from the Evidence Room?" asked Carol Redding..

"No, certainly not..."said Lt. Tragg..

"Do you know of his friendship with the late Detective Mike Grisley, who stole the Heroin?"asked Carol..
"They knew each other...Chet is an Attorney...He knows a lot of cops...but that's all I know..."said Lt.Tragg.
''We have him on video slipping an envelope into the door of Attorney Dabnis Coley's house.."said Gary.

"I don't know anything about that."said Lt. Tragg, who was obviously nervous and who knew it was just a matter of time before his storied career was over..  He could possibly be jailed for his part in this. Still he played it close to the vest and admitted nothing.

After an hour long conversation... Lt. Tragg was released... The CID, DEA and the District Attorney's Office was satisfied that he had nothing to do with the stolen Heroin..

He couldn't even call Chet to warn him...He knew his phone was probably being flagged.

At Dabnis's law firm, Another Meeting was taking place..

 "Chet ,everybody here knows how much you hated Mr. Coley, but this was a real cheap shot..You hired that lady to take her clothes off and pose for incriminating photos with him and you roofied him?" asked Supervising Associate Attorney Saul Reindorf..


''Saul, Saul....Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..You know me?" said Chet..

''Who put you up to this?" asked Saul.

"Saul, I don't know what you're talking about?" said Chet..

"You don't huh? Clean your desk out Chet...I want your resignation on my desk in the morning..You're done here.. The Police, The DEA and The D.A.'s office are investigating this thing...They had your boy Lt. Tragg in the fishbowl grilling him...They got you on tape sliding an envelope under Coley's door...What was it....Dirty photos of him and some bimbo? My source at Police Headquarters just finished telling me the whole story...I won't be surprised if the cops aren't here any minute....That was a stupid stunt to pull...And with Uncut Heroin...What were you thinking?  Get out of here...Consider that a heads up Chet...Only favor I'm gonna do for you."said Saul, who walked out.....

Chet was shaking like a leaf...Tears were streaming down his face...

He pulled out his pistol... He aimed it at the glass and fired....Destroying the front window..Then he walked to the window...Placed the pistol to his left temple and fired one shot...The shot blew his brains out!!!He pitched forward and fell out of the window!!!

And he fell 22 stories into the street to his death!!!

A crowd gathered on the street...

"What a mess!" said Hazel as the body was picked up and bagged..

"The person whole stole the heroin was killed months ago in Atlantic City and now this guy kills himself...We can't find a connection between the two...but at any rate..He roofied Dabnis Coley and he placed the uncut Heroin baggies in that room as well as planted some would be incriminating photos in Coley's house.. That lets the Police department off the hook..The frame up came from here..His own law firm.."said Gary..

''Does this close the case?" asked Hazel..

''Yeah for the most part...I just wish I could establish a link between this guy and the also deceased Detective Grisley.."said Gary..






IV-

Curleys Bar was not a bar I frequented...I knew it to be a cop bar...But a few attorneys hung out here..

Tonight , we were all celebrating..

We had two tables drawn together and there was a huge Pizza with extra cheese and pepparonis as well as


and plenty of beer...

We sat round a big table..

 ''I'm sooo proud of you guys.....You did a super job with the case and with helping poor Dabnis.."said Yvette..
 "Yeahhh, somebody was trying to really do him in.." I said..
 "I heard that skunk killed himself last night.." said Bee Bee..
 "The Cops were that close to making an arrest.."said Sofia..
 "His credit card report showed he ordered the Rohypnol on line and he hired the girl to pose in her panties and bra in the room.."said Kahlil..
 "The only thing we don't know is how he got the uncut Heroin from the Police Evidence Room."said Jade..
 "The Police say that that Detective Grisley, the one who was instrumental in framing me, stole that Heroin from evidence months ago...But they can't find a connection between him and Chet Hutchinson.."said B.L.
 ADA Karen Parks sat quietly....She began to wonder...She had seen Detective Grisley , the night before he died..Talking to Lt. Tragg...She began to wonder..
 "I'm going to issue a public apology to the Philadelphia Police Department...I really thought they had set me up..Turns out the set up came from my own house.."said Dabnis..
"I'm just glad my baby is all clear.."said Jasmine ,who gave him a wet sloppy kiss...

His lips were so big and soft, she mused....She tried to devour his lips..She enjoyed kissing Dabnis more than any man she had ever known..

We all cheered and clapped..
Lieutenant Tragg sat by himself, looking at them, baffled that Dabnis Coley and his fiancé were kissing passionately, She wasn't the least bit angry at him....He didn't know that she never got the incriminating photos...Never saw them..She wasn't home when they were delivered..

He was distraught that another one of his attempts to set someone up had failed miserably and another close friend had wound up dead...and he had just barely escaped suspicion...The DEA and the CID had discovered Grisley, now dead, but had missed the connection to him...Just like they had missed the connection to Chet Hutchinson...His lawyer friend...Thank god he used an FOP attorney and not Chet ,when he got sued..

He was relieved that he was off the hook and the whole thing was over...He had sweated so hard...He had to go home, shower and put on a new suit...


There was B.L. kissing his girl, Karen Page...

running his grubby hands up her skirt..


and that arrogant jerk Dabnis  Coley and his fiancĂ©, Jasmine Jenkins,
Kissing like two horny teenagers...
"So, We filed a brief....Jason Biggs is going to be transferred to CFC next week.."said Yvette..
 "We have everything you asked for.."said Keith Jones..
 "Hopefully We won't have to go to trial..." said Bee Bee..
 "I guess that depends on the Judge who hears the case.."said Sofia..
 "Yeah....but I think we can make an excellent case..."said Kahlil..
"I agree with Kahlil..."said Jade..

 "You guys were sensational.."said Karen..
"Indeed.."said B.L.

Yvette and her team of snot nosed youngsters chowing down on Pizza...In his Bar..His safe place...He didn't come in Josies...Why were they here..?? And to make it worse..

"Heyyy Guys...Pull up another table...Order another Pizza." said Yvette..

Olivia Bennett-Alexander ,Beverly West and their crew walked in, Donnie Ray, Nelson East, Josie and her boyfriend, Paris...

 ''Heyyy Guys...Hy Dabnis.. I am so glad everything turned out alright for you.."said Olivia.

 "We never believed that stuff anyway.."said Beverly...

''We just finished a similar set up situation with B.L."said Donnie Ray..
 "Yeah Eeerily similar.."said Nelson..
 "Someone behind the scenes is real lucky, awfully lucky."said Josie..
"Well the important thing is..It's over."said Paris..

"Here Here."said Gary, who came in behind them...

Another huge Pizza arrived...

and wine...

 ''They're pretty loud in that corner Curly.."snarled Lt. Tragg..


"This is a bar...Who cares if they're loud?....You hate seeing people happy Artie, don't you?" said Curly...

Curly was pleased as punch.. These lawyers ordered another big Pizza and Wine, the house's best and they no doubt were going to leave a big tip too..They could be as loud as they wanted to be, he mused..

Karen stared at Lt. Tragg..

He hated B.L. because B.L. existed and B.L. had her, who he wanted... He hated Dabnis Coley because he had sued the Philadelphia Police Department and him in particular..

Shortly thereafter both men wound up in Hotel rooms with Undressed women and Rohypnol in their system...Both she and Jasmine were delivered incriminating photos of the men at their place of residence..

Detective Grisley, a personal friend of Lt. Tragg was somehow involved in both cases..and yet he didn't personally know either man or have a stake in it...Chet Hutchinson, an attorney who also hated Dabnis obviously set him up...but how did he get ahold of Heroin stolen from the Police Evidence room by Detective Grisley?? There is no evidence the two even knew each other..Both were dead now and could never tell..

On the outside of all of this was Lt. Tragg, who had major beef with both B.L. and Dabnis...

She stared daggers at him...

"If I ever find out he had anything to do with either or both of these events...I'm going to have his badge.." she thought to herself..

Lt. Tragg stared at Dabnis and his fiancé..



His revenge plot had failed miserably , More so than his attempt to set up B.L.  Here they were kissing like two horny teenagers?  "Had she seen the incriminating photos?" he mused.

Tonight! Tonight he learned that Revenge is indeed a dish best served cold!

(CONCLUSION NEXT)



No comments:

Post a Comment