Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Hop's Tribute

Saturday Night- ONE WEEK LATER


It was a month for celebrations....

Just one week ago, our friend, Olivia Bennett-Alexander had a big graduation party for her para-legal, Josie Boyd,


who had just completed Law School.....They had it in Ocean City at a time share owned by one of Olivia's associate attorneys ,Nelson East...

Tonight Olivia's crew was here to support Josie again..

Attorney Beverly West-East...Olivia's niece and partner in her law firm, who is nearly joined to Olivia at the hip and Beverly's husband...

Attorney Nelson East...Their newest Associate Attorney....



Olivia's husband, Donnie Ray Alexander, their investigator..


I had heard it was packed.. 22-24 people were there, Stayed from Friday Night to Sunday Afternoon, partied on the beach, had plenty of food and drink and what not...My guys were just wrapping up a big case...We were invited, but we couldn't make it...I'm Keith Wallace, Assistant District Attorney...I wanted to do something nice for Detective Antonio Hopkins, who also graduated law school..He and Josie were in the same class in fact...

Years ago...

 "Hop" as we came to know him was in the same Law School class at PENN that gave us
 His wife, Attorney and Deputy Special Agent in Charge of the FBI/ATF in this area and a great friend and ally to us on numerous cases..Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins
 Olivia Bennett-Alexander, one of the city's great defense attorneys with her own law firm....
 Yvette Jones, another great  attorney ,now with McClusky/Cozen/Connor and Pratt Law firm
and Assistant District Attorney, Karen Page...

Yvette's crew was also present..

 Attorney Keith Jones
 Attorney Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans
 Attorney Kahlil Ahmed
 Attorney Sofia Garcia..
and their investigator, Jade Lee...

All were here to support both Josie and Tony Hopkins..both soon to be newly minted attorneys..

Because of family hardship, Hop didn't finish Law School....He dropped out in the middle of his third and final year.....

He went to the police academy and distinguished himself...He was an honor graduate...One of three that year....

He was assigned as a patrolman to the Criminal Investigation Division...

Led by Lt. Sissy Van Buren my good friend and featuring

My future wife, Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace..

 Detectives Tyriq Pile
James "Jimmy"Barlow

and Edwin "Duke" Baylor at the time..

Hop was a very detail oriented patrol officer.....

I took a liking to him, especially after he helped us solve a murder case... I looked into him and found out about his law school background.. I told him he should be a detective... He studied and aced the detective test and put on his gold shield...We took him under our wing...

We added Tyriq Pile's wife, Detective Sirena Pile, a seasoned investigator herself to our unit and she became his partner, taking him under her wing...

Detective Angie Belton-Barlow, Jimmy's wife returned to our unit from Internal affairs and we were complete...

I told him if he wanted to go back to law school and finish...I'd help him.....I did!

He entered an excelerated program at Drexel University.. The same one ,Olivia's par-legal ,Josie

Boyd was in and they both graduated with honors two weeks ago....

Hop plans to remain a detective in the CID, just as his wife, Sharon is still with the bureau... His legal skills ,along with mine will help us..

We are all so proud of him.






II-

"Let me get a photo of the "Squad" said Yvette Jones's boyfriend, Gary Lockwood, once a detective and a Lieutenant...Now an Investigator with the D.A.'s office..

 "You don't know how long I've waited for this day....I'm now a law school graduate and an angel's breath away from being an attorney.."gushed Hop..
 "You deserve it baby....You deserve it...We all felt so bad when you had to drop out."said Sharon..
 "Yessssss after being so close to the finish." said Olivia.
 "We had a lot of classes together...I missed you.."said ADA Karen Page..
''Me too...So Happy for you Tony...Now our whole crew is legit!..Everything is complete."said Yvette.

Hop, his wife, Sharon, Olivia Bennett-Alexander, who had known each other since childhood and Karen Page and Yvette Jones , who they met in law school all posed for a photo...


"Okay Josie...I want a photo of you and Hop together...You two graduated together.."said Donnie Ray,Olivia's husband..

 "You helped me sooo much...Thank you.." said Josie to Hop..



 "Thank you too Josie...You're going to be sharp." said Hop...


 "Couldn't happen to two more deserving people." said Beverly with tears welling up in her eyes, hugging both Josie and Hop...
 "Congratulations to you both."said Nelson...
 "Congratulations to you both.."said Keith Jones.
 "Awwwwww Josieeeeee."said Bee Bee, her eyes welling up in tears and hugging her and hugging Hop too!
 "Congratulations to you both."said Hop...
 "Congratulations to you both."said Sofia, hugging and squeezing Josie and hugging Hop..
"Congratulations to you both.."said Jade Lee ,hugging Hop and Hugging Josie again..


It had cost me a pretty penny to rent out this rooftop hall...but Hop was a good guy and he was worth it..

"Let's get a photo of our whole unit.."said Sissy... 'Come on Hazel....you're a part of us too."said Sissy, You too Sharon..." she added..

"I'll take it.."said Paris, Josie's boyfriend..











He took several photos of us.....

Private Investigator, Kevin Morris and his wife Sepia ,


 who had been at both parties showed up...Kevin  asked someone to take a photo of him Sepia, Josie and Hop..

"I'll do the honors.." said B.L. Benz...who snapped three nice photos.





Then he took photos of Hop and Sharon...



Kissing passionately and one of Josie and Paris kissing passionately..




It was a beautiful night...

Attorney/Insurance Investigator Bonnie Shay and her husband, Attorney Ronald Shay arrived and snapped photos of everyone also..





III-



Lt. Danny Ho, Captain Cantrell and his wife , Regional DEA Special Agent in Charge Carol Redding wandered in...

"Heyyy let's pop some bottles , enjoy some of this food.."I said..

Champaigne Bottles were popped...

 and people chowed down on Barbecued Chicken
Barbecued Shrimp...

 Domestic Beers
 Martinis
and plenty of champaigne..

Lieutenant Tragg walked in...

 "Oh Boy....Look who just arrived...Mr. Warmth!" whispered Karen to Yvette..

"I see....just be cool."said Yvette..


"Karen.....Your boyfriend's here.." joked Olivia..

Yvette giggled...

"And we were having such a good time.."said Karen...

Lt. Tragg walked over to Kevin Morris , who was sharing a joke with B.L. Benz.

"Look at you two...Both of you, wanna be cops...Always got to be around cops...This is a cops event boys. A COP EVENT ,FOR REAL COPS!" he said with disdain..

 ''So why are you here?" asked Kevin...
B.L. nearly spit his drink out...laughing..

Lt. Tragg was visibly angry at Kevin's remark....

"Just so you know...I think the lawyers outnumber the cops here.."said Kevin..

"You're neither one.."snarled Lt. Tragg.

 Kevin grabbed Josie, hugged her and kissed her on the cheek...

"Josie is my adopted daughter..She is one of the two graduates being honored here.."said Kevin..
Josie giggled- "It's true..He is..He and Sepia adopted me after my father died...He introduced me to Olivia and Beverly and got me the job with them"she explained...

"Oh I didn't know.."said Lt. Tragg, who turned his attention to B.L.

"I know you're a lawyer, but you haven't practiced in years...Why are you here?" he asked..

"My Girlfriend, ADA Karen Page...I believe you know her.. was in Law School with Detective Hopkins the first go around...Her and Liv and Yvette  were classmates..if you must know. I am here as their guest." said B.L.

"Regardless you're both just wanna be's… I prefer real cops, practicing attorneys.." said Lt. Tragg snidely and he walked away...He hated B.L. rubbing it in his face that he was Karen's boyfriend..He wondered what she saw in him...Such a pretensious wanna be cop...He was worse than Kevin Morris.

Captain Ed Cantrell walked over to both of us..

"He making new friends or making himself a nuisance?" he asked..

 "You gotta ask?" Kevin said..

Captain Cantrell and B.L. laughed...

 Lt. Tragg walked over to Hop....

"Congratulations young man...You're a credit to the badge..." he said.
 "Thank you sir." said Hop.
"Nice you could join us Lieutenant...There's plenty to drink and a lot of food..Have at it.." I said..


He looked at all of the food and drink..




and helped himself..

He couldn't take his eyes off of Karen Page..He stared at her for hours...

He walked over to her... He was slightly tipsy....

''Hello Arthur."she said diplomatically...

''What have I got to do to get next to you?" he asked. "I mean, Karen...You've got me hotter than a firecracker in a gas station...I'm about to explode!" he said lustfully...
''Arthur, Don't start." she said diplomatically and went to walk away...He grabbed her arm..

 Carlotta and Olivia showed up...

"ADA PAGE!!!....You have got to try these Barbecued Shrimps...They are delish.." she said.

"Hey girl....I think I've found a new Martini.."said Olivia..

"Whatttttt, one that is better than the Citris? Lead the way..." said Karen and she speedily walked away with both of them....

"Thank you both soooo much.." she whispered..

 "That's what friends are for...Right Livy?" said Carlotta..
''Right Lotta."said Olivia, both women laughing...

Lt. Tragg stomped his foot in anger....

 ''Jimmy stay clear of Lt. Tragg tonight you hear...He's drunk..and I like working with you.."said Sirena.
"Relax...I only want to be up under my wife tonight.."said Jimmy..

''Awwwwwwwww that's so sweet.."said Angie..His wife..

"Baby,let's get out of here and go home.." said Hop..
"Not yet baby, tonight is your big night...When we get home, I'll make it an even more special night for you, I promise.." cooed his wife, Sharon...

Hop and Sharon stood on the Balcony kissing passionately..


A few feet from them,


Josie and Paris stood near by kissing passionately as well....



Lt. Tragg eyed them enviously...

 Gary Lockwood had Yvette in a corner staring at her and smiling..
"You know when you smile at me like that with those green eyes of yours you get me hot don't you?" said Yvette..

It wasn't long before they were kissing..

"Kissing you gets me hot.." he whispered in her ear...

She giggled like a school girl..

 "Well Buddy, this is a nice reprieve isn't it?" asked Tyriq as he quaffed a beer...
''Yeah man, I'm just glad we have Monday and Tuesday off." said Duke..

"Did I hear you guys say you had Monday and Tuesday off?  Ohhhhhhh noooo...I don't care what Sissy said..I'm the superior ranking officer...and I am over ruling her decision.." said Lt. Tragg.

"YOU'RE NOT OVER RULING MINE!!!  I GAVE THEM ALL MONDAY AND TUESDAY OFF! AND I GAVE HOPKINS THE WEEK OFF!"said Captain Cantrell.
Lt. Tragg was beet red..He stomped his foot and walked off..


Sissy, Sirena and Hazel stood within earshot, giggling..

 "He is sooo miserable, it's not funny."said Sissy..
 "I know right.?"said Sirena..
"It's a shame.."laughed Hazel..

 "You know how much I like this dress..."said Donnie Ray, who had his wife Olivia in a corner....
"I know how much you like me in it.."laughed Olivia..

Pretty soon they were kissing passionately....

"Ummmmmmm….Ummmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuu. I think I'd like you out of it even more..." Donnie Ray groaned...


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband.....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..You keep kissing me like this and I will be out of it.." swooned Olivia..

"Oh For cryin out loud...Get a room." scoffed Lt. Tragg, looking at the three couples "sucking face" as he described it..


 Attorney Keith Jones
 Attorney Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans
 Attorney Kahlil Ahmed
 Attorney Sofia Garcia..



Attorney Beverly West-East....and her husband

Attorney Nelson East...

All went to the dance floor and danced in each other's arms to some nice slow music...


Josie and her boyfriend, Paris joined them...
"Awwww they all look so cute.." said Karen..."Ouuuuuuuu.." she jumped, nearly spilling her drink...
B.L. had his hands up her skirt and was tugging on the waistband of her panties.. His cold hands startled her...



 B.L.  sat with Karen...he slowly and softly ran his hands up her skirt...rubbed her legs..
She giggled..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu B.L. you are getting me hot...Stopppppp it...Not here..." she said..

"That's the idea baby.." he said..

Soon they were kissing passionately...

Upon seeing them kissing , Lt. Tragg stomped his foot and stormed out angrily...He had seen enough..

 "What's eatin him?" said Ronald Shay...
Bonnie smiled..

"I think it's her." she said pointing to ADA Karen Page, who was still kissing B.L.





 Gary smiled.

"Back up will do that to you.."
"Ouuuuuuu you are so bad....Hush up..."laughed Yvette Jones..

IV-

On Olivia's advice...I ordered a cake from Cakeman Raven's Bakery...

 "Come on everyone, let's have some cake..  "said Sissy...


Her Husband, Eddie C. began to cut the cake in as many even squares as he could..
"The two graduates and their significant others first, then the rest.." I said..




Hop and Sharon and Josie and Paris cut and had a slice of cake and some Champaigne..





And the rest of us clapped and laughed and joined them with Cake and Champaigne..

Sissy



Eddie C.
My wife, Carlotta
Rico
Jimmy
Sirena
Duke
Hazel



Sharon
and myself...

"Congratulations HOP AND JOSIE!" we  all said.. I looked around the room at all of our friends-

Olivia
Donnie Ray
 Beverly
Nelson


Yvette
Gary


 Keith Jones
 Bee Bee
 Kahlil
 Sofia
Jade
Captain Cantrell
Carol Redding
Danny Ho..
Of course Kevin
and his wife, Sepia
Bonnie
and Ronnie Shay
Karen Page
and B.L.

We all clapped and had some cake....

 A fitting end to a beautiful night..
The best night ever!

EPILOUGE-

SAM MOTHER'S DINER!


Lt. Tragg walked in and sat at the counter..

''Another Rough Night Artie?" asked Sam Mother..

"Just get me my usual Sam...Okay?" snarled Lt. Tragg...He looked in the distance and saw Josie Boyd, Olivia's para-legal , sitting with her boyfriend, who he did not know..




He walked over to them...

''Congratulations on your uh graduation from Law School.. I guess you'll be working for Liv and Beverly.?" he asked.

"Thank you Lieutenant...Yes...Liv says that when I pass the bar and get my license...She's going to bump my salary and make me an Associate Attorney with her firm.."gushed Josie..

"I figured as much...Good for you...." he said and walked back to the counter...




where his usual breakfast of Fried Eggs, Hash Browns, sausage and coffee was being served.

 Josie, who had the week off was busy staring in Paris's eyes..
Paris was busy staring in hers..




as their waffle breakfast and coffees were served..

ADA Karen Page came in..She saw Lt. Tragg and went to run out...but he had seen her...She had no choice but to come in.

"Heyyyy Josie...Paris...How are you?" said Karen...

"I've got a week off from work...No school....I'm in 7th Heaven.."said Josie...

"I wish I was you....I know you're happy." she said to Paris..

"I only have today off...but I am ecstatic.." said Paris..

Hop and Sharon walked in...

 "Hey Karen....Heyyy Josie, Paris.."he said...
"Just two coffees Sam.Hi Guys..."said Sharon..

"You Guys off too? I wish I was.."said Karen...

 "I'm off today and tomorrow then I go back to work...Hubby is off all week..I'll miss him being around."said Sharon.
"Wow...Off from work and no school...I am soooooo relieved.."said Hop..

"Not to be Debbie Downer...but soon you'll both be hitting those books and studying for the bar.."said Karen..

"True, but not this week." said Hop...

"I heard that!" said Josie...High fiving Hop...

Lt. Tragg used that as his opportunity to move in on Karen...

"As I was asking you last night...What Have I got to do, to get next to you...?" he asked..

"Arthur...I've got a boyfriend....What more can I say?  There is nothing you can do right now...Sam, one coffee please..Two creams, six sugars.."said Karen..

"Put it on my tab Sam...You said right now...That means there is hope for the future right?"said Lt. Tragg...

"That's okay....I got it Sam...No...I didn't say that either.." said Karen , who tossed two dollars on the counter..

"I thought you were seeing that other girl, Jessica Lee...What happened to her?" asked Karen...

''She was just a tease...A minor fling. You on the other hand...."said Lt. Tragg...

"Have a boyfriend..You KNOW THAT!!!!  END OF DISCUSSION!" said Karen..

"You're making a mistake...He's not the man for you..."said Lt. Tragg...

"Right Now, he is...Would you please stop this...It's bordering on being harassment...Now please give it a rest.." said Karen..
"Baby, if you'd give me one afternoon at my place...Just one afternoon...I could prove to you that I'm who you should be with....Good god you get me so hot!" he whispered and went to reach under her skirt...His cold hands rubbing her thong momentarily shocked her....

"Arthur stoppp it..Ouuuuuuuu" said Karen, who jerked forward, accidentally knocking her hot steaming cup of coffee over...

It's contents falling in the lap of Lt. Tragg and burning him good..

"ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!   LAWDDDDDDD!" he yelled out, leaping up and running out the door with a huge stain in the crotch of his trousers and running down his leg..."ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!" he yelled......

Several Patrons laughed....

"Oh Arthur I'm sooo sorry!" screamed Karen...

"Clean up!" yelled Sam Mother...

A bus boy came out and cleaned up the mess....Sam gave Karen another cup of coffee..

"It's on the house....That made my day..."laughed Sam Mother...

 "He just keeps giving us moments."laughed Josie..
 "Liv and Bev , Donnie Ray and Nelson are going to fall out..Not to mention Ms. Alfreda..."said Paris..
 "Oh My God... Jimmy is going to have a heart attack..."said Hop ,laughing..
"Not Just Jimmy?? Everybody at headquarters will be laughing.."said Sharon, who was laughing uncontrollably...

"Oh My God, I hope I didn't scald him....and down there too! He put his cold hands up my dress and it startled me.."said Karen...

 "Next time he'll watch his hands..."laughed Sharon...
"Yeah, that's not your fault.." said Josie...
"Oh My god...We get a great weekend party and a great laugh...Who could ask for anything more?" laughed Hop..

INDEED!








No comments:

Post a Comment