Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Jasmine's Redemption

SIX WEEKS LATER!

Jasmine Jenkins looked nervously at her watch......She hoped Kayla would show up for her lunch invitation...Though she wouldn't blame her if she didn't...She had practically blackmailed her and had held up her resume, keeping her from getting a position at her law firm....She'd perfectly understand if Kayla not only stood her up, but never spoke or had anything to do with her again..
She looked around and then was relieved....She saw her from a distance...

Kayla walked in slowly...She knew how Jasmine was always time conscious and hated lateness..she purposely took her time...She had started not to come....She had nothing else in the world to say to Jasmine..but she remembered..Her cousins, Olivia and Beverly had urged her to come when she told them that Jasmine had invited her to lunch and said her meal was on her..

''Aren't you curious to know what she wants?  She might want to Apologize.." said Olivia..

"Jazzy apologize?? HA!  when have you known her to do that? " smirked Beverly ,who was equally through with her..

"She was different when she saw me...Real nice, congratulatory and even hugged me when I won my case and told me good luck and kept saying to make sure I told Olivia and Beverly Hello. Maybe she's found religion?" said Josie..

 Olivia cracked up laughing...Slamming her hands down on her desk...
Beverly laughed too..

"Okay Jo, now you're trippin.."said Beverly....

"Go Kayla...So you can tell me how that Bistro is...I was thinking of takin Liv there...My Musician friends tell me it's nice.."said Donnie Ray..

"All you hip musician types are such foodies.."said Beverly...

"Foodies and Womanizers.."laughed Olivia..

"Heyyyyyy" said Donnie Ray...

"Present company excluded baby." said Olivia, who kissed Donnie Ray

softly and rubbed his arms..

"It's a free meal Kayla....At any rate...go for the free meal.." said Nelson...

And so Kayla was here, meeting with her one time friend, Jasmine Jenkins...

"Hello Jasmine...I didn't expect to hear from you.." said Kayla.

"I'm sorry Kayla.." said Jasmine, who hugged Kayla warmly...tears running from her eyes..."I'm sorry for everything...I'm so glad you came...Sit down.."said Jasmine..

Kayla sat down....

'This place is nice...I like it..."said Kayla ,looking around..



II-

'"So What is this about?" asked Kayla..

"I wanted to say I'm sorry to you....I'm sorry for asking you to spy on your cousins...Two people who I dearly love almost like they were relatives of mine..


Olivia and Beverly....I mean, you me and Bev were in law school together..We studied for the bar together... We passed the bar together...We bar and club hopped together..Chased boys together...I worked with both Beverly and her jazzy auntie ,Olivia in the Public Defenders Office...Olivia gave me my nickname, Jazzy...She was once to me , the same way she is to young Josie Boyd...We are family....We have too much history to be enemies...I love yall..all of you..."said Jasmine..

"Okayyyyyyy." said Kayla.

"I was really mean to you and wrong.....There is another position presently available at my firm for a Senior Associate Attorney...If you hand me another resume I'll be glad to rush it forward!..."said Jasmine..

"And what's the catch? What do you want? What is in this for you?" asked Kayla.

"You!  One of my best friends...I get her back..." said Jasmine..

Kayla didn't expect to hear that...She waited for Jasmine to say something else...but she didn't.

"I understand you've been through a lot...Josie won that case and then the other six cases got overturned in court....You went before the Ethics Board...Nearly got disbarred.."said Kayla.







Yvette Jones and her young staff of attorneys took on those other cases and successfully overturned them all and won acquittals for those other men...

Leading to the Ethics Board to take a serious look at former ADA Jasmine Jenkins, who had used the same eyewitness in all six cases... An eyewitness, now dead, who may have willfully lied to keep from going to jail herself..

"I would have been disbarred but my ex-boyfriend, Chip defended me.

He got me an acquittal that I didn't deserve..and then he left me....I had been cheating on him with two other guys...A wealthy white Attorney in Cherry Hill..

He got engaged , married and moved to Atlanta and joined his new wife...his new white wife's firm.

and a Married U.S. Attorney from D.C.  I lost em all in one swipe...

Even though I was free and clear...None of that looked good to my firm...It sunk my campaign to make partner like the Titanic...So there I was in Career crisis and relationship wilderness.."said Jasmine.

"You always did have a way with words..."said Kayla, finally smiling...'Wow, you really have uh been through something." said Kayla.

"I may never make partner at this firm...They shy away from controversy.....I moved out of my condo into a smaller condo...On the waterfront...and I just threw myself into work....I started going to church again and therapy....I realized I needed to make peace with a lot of people..

Chip Burrows, for one.. We ended on a bad note.. He was so hurt... I looked him up.. My ex-boyfriend left the firm...Went to work for the Innocence Project....He makes less money, but he told me he's happy, fulfilled..Practices the kind of law he likes..He even has a new  girlfriend...

I met her...She's nice..She's an Attorney with the Innocence Project.
Her name is Jessica Sanchez" said Jasmine.
"I know Jessie...She is a sweetheart...She worked a case with Olivia and Beverly and I reffered her to the Private Investigator that I use.." said Kayla.
I saw Josie and I wished her well a few weeks ago...

and I realized I had to see you again...You and me, We were real close.. I know you probably hated me...I couldn't leave things like that..."said Jasmine... She held her hand out..

"Friends?" she asked.


Kayla hugged her...

"Friends!" she said and they both smiled..

"Sooooo… you said ex boyfriend, you said you lost three....I suspect there is a man in your life now...am I right? I know you Jazzy, you're not without a man too long.." asked Kayla...

"Girllllllllllllllllllllll  I don't want to reveal his name or read too much into it...All I'll say is you know him...We both do....



''I know him?" asked Kayla..



"Yesss.. You've seen me with him a few times in court, at Josie's, Aqua Bar..Stoleys..Just having drinks..talking..He was just a friend.."said Jasmine.

''And I know him?" asked Kayla...



"You've met...you've been in each other's presence.."said Jasmine.

And he was just a friend of mine..Just a friend..We'd see each other in court and say hi, have a few drinks, a few laughs afterwords...Nothing more..then one night..One night it was something more..


and ouuuuuuuuu girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllll, we just, we just clicked...

It started out as just a one night thing....You know we were both drunk and horny....

Then we said we would just be friends with benefits afterwords....."said Jasmine..

''And it's gone wayy past that hasn't it ?" asked Kayla.
Jasmine smiled, but was silent...This wasn't like her at all..

"It has ,hasn't it?" said Kayla..





III-

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girrrrrrrllll, it has....It's gone way beyond that..." said Jasmine, remembering...

Just a few weeks ago..

In her condo, her bed was squeaking like crazy, her headboard was slamming against the wall....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuu....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Oh my god Jazzy ,you are driving me crazy" moaned Dabnis Coley.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh work me , work me daddy, work me like a job...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh my goodness..." moaned Jasmine

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" he yelled..

''Dabnis Please I have neighbors and the window is open...you want everybody to know we are up here doin the nasty?" said Jasmine

"I don't care if the world knows how good I feel...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned..

She laughed...

''Glad you're enjoying yourself..but I do care....I have to live here...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, lawd...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she giggled..

The bed was squeaking out of control and the headboard was slamming up against the wall so hard, the paint and the plaster was coming off...

''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...oh Dabnis….you doin the damn thing baby...ouuuuuuuu yessssss….Yes..." she moaned...


 This wasn't supposed to happen, Not again..At least not so soon!!! .She thought she had made it clear to Dabnis, that they were just friends with benefits, They could meet occasionally and have sex...but no strings were attached...No feelings!

He started calling her everyday after the night they spent together... She was cordial, but afraid he was starting to fall for her...Which at the time she didn't want..  They had had an awesome night of sex....Nothing more.. But she did want a repeat!!Not Yet Anyway!!!


Then he'd text her.

She never returned his texts...A day or two would go by and beautiful flowers would arrive at her office for her.


She felt a little guilty so she started answering his calls and texts and talking to him more..

They were cordial to each other in court and when they saw each other in passing..

Then one night he called her around midnight...

''You know...I like that dress you had on today...



That was a new dress wasn't it?It was beautiful...and the shoes were matching...You co-ordinate everything so well....Uh what color were your panties?  I mean were they co-ordinated as well..?" he asked..

"You called me at midnight to ask me that?" she said dryly....

Then she busted out laughing..

"You'll never know unless you come over here and see em..." she whispered...

"Dabnis,I was just kidding....DABNIS!!" she said.

He came over within 20 minutes ...which means he wasn't far from her condo, Probably eating in Queen Village..

And she came, several times within the next FIVE TO SIX HOURS!!!! of hot sweaty love making....

They've been seeing each other every night for weeks since then....This night was one of them...




''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."screamed Jasmine.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Jasmine ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."he screamed....

"Sock it to me Dabnis….ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she screamed.

"LAWDDD woman, what are you doing to meeeee?"he said...

"What am I doing to you? What are you doing to MEEEEEE?"she cooed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've missed you girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss you are a demon in the bedddddddddd...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."
 
"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. DABNIS!....OHHHHHHH."
she wailed...

"Ohhh JAZZY,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!! "

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I love you soooooooooooooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuu..!!!!"she yelled out...

And there it was....She had said it! The L. word!!!!


He lifted her up!

"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooou.......ummmmmmph, ....What are you doing to me? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .....I love you!!!" she screamed out....she'd said it again...

SIX TO SEVEN HOURS OF THIS SEEMED TO JUST SLIP BY AIMLESSLY!

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....JAZZY ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh...I LOVE YOU TOO!" he moaned..

He'd said it too!

"Sock it to me  DABNIS...………….OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEE!

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu baby..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..
.I just love you soooooooooooooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuu..!!!!"she wailed...

What was wrong with her? Why was she saying this?

He came so hard....he felt as if all of the bodily fluids and energy was being drained from him...He was a little afraid he might be dying...
They continued kissing.....

"I LOVE YOU GIRL!!! UMMMMMMMMMMPH!!!!" he moaned..
They were going to shower but they wound up by the bathroom door,in a passionate embrace...

"Dabnis, it's near daybreak...Don't you have to go to work baby?" she asked, running her index finger across his lips...It got him more aroused...So she stopped.

"I'm calling out.." he moaned..

She laughed...

"Well you can't stay here all day..." she said breaking their embrace " I'm not going to screw you all morning...I know you'd like that...but I do have things to do today..." she said...He kept kissing her and softly rubbing her breasts...she found herself turned on more than usual...

"..Come on...we had a nice night... you've got to go home..."she cooed.. She began softly stroking his now engorged penis....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I  can't go home nowwwww." he moaned...in between hot, sweaty kisses...

"But you have to...." she said softly...




"Oh Helll, you make me sick , Sick!" she laughed as they fell back on the bed and began making sweet, tender love again....

The bed springs were squeaking again...The headboard sounded as if it might shake loose...

FOUR MORE HOURS of hot sweaty lovemaking continued....

''Lawdddd, you are like a machine....woooooooooooooooooooooouuuuu." she screamed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd .." he yelled..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , you're making me comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."

''HANG on ...I'm coming tooo...WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NELLLLLIEEEEEE..."

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she squealed

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lawddddddd!"he yelled as he began to come with a fury he had never felt before, shaking and trembling....She had tears flowing down her face and was holding on to him for sheer life...


 Kissing him and stroking him until he exploded again....

"I love you, don't play with my heart..." she said in between breaths...

"I love you too...I wouldn't dream of that.." he said in between catching his breath too..

 She fell asleep in his arms, resting between his legs...He fell asleep too!

The bed stopped squeaking and slamming against the wall....The moaning stopped...

This was now an every night thing....Half of his wardrobe was now in her condo...suits, shoes..a toothbrush, colognes...et al....





IV-

Jasmine spoke quietly...."It's gone wayy past that Kayla..It's gotten out of control...."she said.

"Every night he comes over and screws my brains out!!

I don't know if I'm coming or going...and when he doesn't come over...

I'm texting him asking him to come over because I can't sleep.." That doesn't even sound like me..I've never been the clingy type...Quite the opposite..Guys have gotten clingy with me!" she said..

"Does He come?" asked Kayla..

''Are you kidding? All over my sheets and bed spreads...Like a gusher.."said Jasmine..

"Noooooo silly!"laughed Kayla... "I mean does he come over?" she said, laughing hysterically....
"Oh!  Oh yeah...He always comes over..."said Jasmine, laughing easily...embarrassed at her gaffe!


" Ouuu girl, you sound like you're in love.....Did you tell him you love him?" asked Kayla.

"Yes!!!I've yelled it out during sex...He has too!. We haven't talked about it." said Jasmine..

"Ouuu the sex must be off the rails!..You better talk about it!"said Kayla..

"Off the RailllS???Girllllll it's better than I EVER imagined...I never even considered having sex with this guy...I mean , I know him...but after we did it that once, wowzers!!!....I couldn't stop....Wouuuuuuuuuuuu ,first off...He's huge...Like a damn mule..and second off..He isn't rough, he's gentle...knows just how to hit my spots...I didn't have to tell him anything.....Makes my toes curl girl!!!....And I look at him and can't imagine HIM of all people being so good.." she said.

"Look....I was seeing three guys at one time..All three of them were excellent lovers...brought me to orgasm multiple times...But not like Dabnis...something about him is just different..I feel different when I'm with him.."said Jasmine softly..  "I've never cried after sex before..." she confessed...Jasmine Jenkins..The feisty girl she knew since law school had never been this candid about her sex life before.. Something about her had indeed changed...
"None of them ever told you that they loved you.....I've never seen you like this..Who is this guy? You say I know him, tell me!!!" asked Kayla..

"Girl, it's Dabnis...Dabnis Coley..."said Jasmine..

"Really?, The Attorney???  I know him...We worked a case together...Last year...Damn good Attorney, Nice Guy..."said Kayla.

Josie had told Kayla that Dabnis had tried to put the moves on her... Dabnis had been a perfect gentleman when the two of them had worked a case together...Probably because she was engaged and the private investigator,

Kevin Morris was with them most of the time...

"He's damn good in bed... The biggest surprise of the year,," said Jasmine..


"He must be....Look at you!!!! Listen to you!!!! Ouuuuuu what has this guy done to my Jazzy?" Kayla laughed...

"I know...I feel so different...."said Jasmine..


"Jazzy, it's alright if you're in love...He said he loved you too..."said Kayla..

''He really does!!!..He is already acting like he's my man.."laughed Jasmine..

"Well he is your man whether you've formally signed a contract or not.." laughed Kayla, who knew her friend as a control freak before..

"Ouuuu you got jokes!" laughed Jasmine.
 Kayla had Fettucine Alfredo...
Jasmine had Penne Pasta salad..

"Ummmmm Jazzy this food is delish!  It's about to make me orgasm..." said Kayla.

''Girl Please, let's not talk about orgasms.." laughed Jasmine as they ate, remembering the last big one she had..


She was in her kitchen washing dishes...She had made dinner for her and Dabnis...She was wearing a Black shirt dress and black panties..


Dabnis walked up behind her and put his arms around her waist...He smelled good.. He kissed her on her cheek...

"You know I love you don't you?" he asked..

He had said it again...And this time ,not in the throes of passion...

"I know you can't keep your hands off me..." she said, smiling..

He slipped her panties down...

"Dabnis...My goodness...Can't you wait until I finish the dishes...??Ouuuu..I had no idea you were going to be like this...I should have never given you some.."she said, laughing..


"You don't mean that." he said.


"No I don't...wouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..as he entered her....


He entered her doggy style...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh!" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yessssss...yessssssssssssssssssssssss baby...ummmmmm." she moaned..she slammed her hands down on the sink...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jazzy I'm in love...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned..

"It's that good to you daddy?" she said..laughing.....

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!." he cried out.."I'm serious...ouuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I LOVE YOU TOO BABY!...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned as he continued to stroke her...She never imagined ever talking to him like that!

He lifted her up and continued long stroking her...

She was close to delirium.....Having one intense orgasm after another....
They wound up on her sofa...going at it....

SIX TO SEVEN HOURS went by.... Jasmine began to have the most intense orgasm she'd had in years....Her mouth was wide open...Her legs were shaking furiously, soon her arms were flapping...

It was the most powerful orgasm she 'd had to date!!!

 He stood at her door sometime later..

"I do love you Jasmine..Do you love me?" he asked her... He was so vulnerable..she thought..
"Yes....I do love you....She whispered...She finally meant it...She finally felt it...When he wasn't around...She missed him...She liked talking to him about everything!....She liked just sitting in his arms watching something on Netflix or Hulu some nights or a game...Some nights she would just talk to him until she fell asleep in his arms...

 "So I'm your man now, right?" he asked.
"That's right.." she whispered.. 

He  had certainly been acting like it the past few weeks...
Picking her up from work...Taking her to the hairdresser, Gasing up her car and paying for the gas..Checking her oil..Going Grocery shopping with her...Even running briefs to court for her//Something she usually gave the para-legals to do..And paying for all of thier drinks at the bar..

They kissed passionately at the door.

THAT WAS JUST TWO DAYS AGO!

Jasmine looked out at the City Skyline...The sun was just going down..

"Kayla After I left  you guys at the Public Defenders Office, I kind of lost my way...Lost my soul..



Olivia ,Beverly and Nelson kept me straight...They were my voice of reason...They were my closest friends next to you...You guys and Dabnis were my only friends.

I became an Assistant District Attorney and I became ruthless..my single purpose in life was chasing a dollar, trying to make a connection to move further up the line.."said Jasmine..

"Jazzy , we are all looking to move up in life...Nothing is wrong with that. My cousins, Olivia and Beverly both left the Public Defender's Office, Olivia for a corporate firm much like the one you're at now...Beverly was going to take a job in D.C. at the Department of Immigration as a staff Attorney until Olivia began her law practice... even Nelson left to work in the Private sector...There is nothing wrong with that." said Kayla softly...
"They didn't lose their sense of who they were...I did....I lost sense of people...I put at least six people I knew might be innocent behind bars...I blackmailed you...I wasn't that nice to Beverly when I saw her..Only Liv made me straighten up..I've been humbled...As far as practicing law... I still enjoy it...but I'm not as cut-throat as I was before.." said Jasmine..

"Did Dabnis bring you to this?" asked Kayla..

"No , I was headed in that direction....I remember Dabnis and I were talking and I asked him if Olivia and Beverly paid him to tutor Josie..and he said.

"Everybody doesn't do everything for money..Olivia and Beverly and Donnie Ray and Nelson are my friends...I did it as a favor." 


"Jaded me said that if money wasn't his motive, then getting in Josie's panties was his motive..I couldn't see anybody being altruistic...

That was wrong...I was wrong to mock him...Even though I believe he would have loved to have taken Josie to bed..Still….Money wasn't the motive...I knew in that instant that I've got to change my focus, my view of the world.."said Jasmine..


"I'm so happy for you Jazzy!" said Kayla.
"Here come our drinks." said Jasmine..
 A Citris Martini for Kayla
and a Mango Martini for Jasmine..


Both women looked out at the landscape..

 "Look at us girl...On top of the world...We are both Attorneys, making six figures...Living in Condos..Very blessed...

I'm a long way from the 59th Street Projects..." said Jasmine..
"I'm a long way from West Philly and West Oak Lane...My cousins have their own law practice.






and I'm happily married and doing pretty well … We are blessed....You got a new Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" joked Kayla.

Both women laughed!


They both were silent for a minute....

"You know I don't think I've ever been in love Kayla.... Guys have fallen for me..but I always held off emotionally!..Guys got sprung over me, but I never got sprung over them...Which is why I was juggling three men at a time.. Meanwhile , the best of them,

Chip, saved my career,,,,Then he left me..I think in time, I would have loved him...I mean the married guy in D.C. was just that, married.. It was just sex for him...The White guy, I was never that serious about him..That was a business arrangement..but Chip, I could have fallen for him...I blew it...." said Jasmine.."He was a good man and an excellent lover...." she mused.


"Old Business..You can't keep beating yourself up about the past....What about now?" asked Kayla.

"Dabnis...Oh my god..We caught each other by surprise....He wasn't looking to fall in love and I certainly wasn't...Not with him....He was my friend, my buddy...I never even thought of him sexually...I was just..." said Jasmine.
"Horny? Drunk? Desperate??  I think we've all been there...Stop Overthinking it Jazzy...Enjoy the moment... Awwwwwww, I love you Jazzy." said Kayla.

"Love you too and please tell Beverly

when you see her how sorry I am and that I love her also."said Jasmine, hugging Kayla like she never wanted to let her go...both women tearing up!

"I will." said Kayla as she got up and left..

Jasmine paid the tab and sat for a few minutes.....She got a text from Dabnis..

He was asking if he could stop by...

She texted back... "Only if you bring an overnight bag and spend the night with me."


She smiled.. He'd be at her doorstep by the time she got home...  If he wasn't there already!

Turns out he was.....
"Hey boyfriend!" she said upon seeing him outside her door..

''How long you been waiting?" she asked.
"Bout a half hour...Did you have a nice time?" he asked.

''Wonderful...." she said and put her arms around his waste and leaned her head into his chest...
He kissed her passionately....

It was nice she had that effect on him...


but nicer still That she wanted to see him...He had that effect on her!



No comments:

Post a Comment