Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Working Together Again

''Ms. Olivia, Ms. Beverly....I am sooo glad to see you guys.." said a tearful Stephanie Waters...Room mate of Rachel Clark..
 "It's Ironic You called Stephanie...We had seen the news and we remember Rachel and we were on our way down here anyway.."said Olivia.
''We are sooo sorry for your loss."said Beverly..
'Rachel and I both passed our LSAT's recently..we were going to enter law school in the fall...Oh My god" sobbed Stephanie Waters, who was a Judge's Aide.

''Herbie didn't do this...He was crazy about Rachel...He was going to ask her to marry him..He told me..I know he didn't do this...Look our church took up a donation and they're going to match it, to pay you guys...Please represent him.."she cried.
"That's why we are here.."said Nelson..

 "There is the desk Sgt."I said.
''Let's go guys...You can't go with us Rachel...Just his legal team.."said Josie.



In "The Fishbowl" , the Interrogation room's nickname, A defiant Herbie Du Bois, a Hatian-American man

eyed Lt. Tragg....but said nothing..

''Look kid...You and your girl had an argument...Things got out of hand...You strangled her..We got you dead to rights...Now if you'll just tell me what happened..write it all down for me..I can help you."said Lt. Tragg.

He stared icily at Lt. Tragg and still said nothing..he refused an offer for a cigarette, for a Coke, and for sandwiches and candy bars..

"Come on Kid...we got you cold.."said Lt. Tragg..

 "Interview Over!"said Olivia..

"Oh For the love of Pete..Not you two!" said Lt. Tragg...
 ''We are here for the defense."said Beverly..

''WHO CALLED YOU GUYS IN? HE DIDN'T MAKE A CALL..WHO PUT YOU ON THIS CASE?" he bellowed
 I smiled, but said nothing..We were under no obligation to reveal who had called us..
 Nelson was likewise..He said nothing.
''Stephanie sent for us.."said Josie. to Herbie.
"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!  YOU GUYS JUMP ON EVERYTHING!!!....EVERY DAMN CASE THAT LOOKS NEWSWORTHY!~" screamed Lt. Tragg, stomping his foot and kicking the trash can..

"Lieutenant!!! Don't Go Away mad.....Just go away!" said Beverly..

"ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he screamed as he exited the room...

For the first time, there was an expression on Herbie's face..He laughed until he cried...bamming his hands on the table..

"Thank you...Thank You guys for coming...I was wondering who I was going to call to defend me..For the record, I didn't do this...I was in my room, sound asleep, down the hallway."said Herbie.

"Being the Devils Advocate..They found your fingerprints and DNA all over her apartment."said Nelson..
''Why wouldn't it be? she was my girlfriend...her prints and DNA are all over my apartment too!" laughed Herbie..

"They found a condom in the bathroom.."I said.

''We had sex the morning of....

before work...I dropped it in the waste basket of the bathroom ,before I took my shower.." he said.

Nelson smiled...

He remembered having sex with Beverly in the early days of their relationship ,either at his apartment or our Duplex , waking up and going to the bathroom and dropping one of his condoms in the wastebasket.....many a morning..Beverly remembered that too.!
''Well you are in luck....We got a judge and you can be arraigned in one hour...We'll see if you can make bail.."said Olivia..

II-

ONE HOUR LATER-

Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Herbie, Myself and Josie found ourselves in court for the arraignment..

 "Karen said she was able to get Judge Reynolds."said Olivia.
 "Ohh Good! I'm guessing he's getting tired of seeing us.."said Beverly..
 "Or He's tired of seeing Lt. Tragg." said Nelson.
 "I'm tired of seeing Lt. Tragg and I just met the man.."said Herbie..
 "That's usually the general consensus.."I said.

Josie laughed.


Judge Reynolds greeted us all with a smile..Except for the ADA and Lt. Tragg.  Two men he despised.

 ADA Mark Tate was no fan of Judge Reynolds and the same could be said of Judge Reynolds..
ADA Mark Tate had made a play for the Judge's wife...Patricia Reynolds,

a very horny former Judge and now Attorney in private practice.

Patricia Reynolds was known to be fast and loose with her body... Even she turned down Mark Tate..She said that he gave her the creeps...She complained to her husband about his advances continuously, causing the two men to nearly come to blows..This was  two years ago, but he remembered it!
And then there was Lt. Tragg, who had arrested him and charged him with First Degree Murder on two separate occasions..He definitely was no fan of Lt. Tragg.

We had represented him and got acquittals both times..He loved us.

ADA Tate knew it was a waste of time, yet he argued that our client was accused of Capital Murder and that there was evidence to support this and should be considered a danger to the community..


Olivia and Beverly argued that there was only the barest of evidence and that our client had no priors and was an employee of this very court...A Baillif.


Nelson and Josie brought forth witnesses...Other Bailiffs, Church members and family members to vouch for his character..

Judge Reynolds set bail at $900.00 dollars..

Olivia wrote a check for $90.00 and gave it to the bailiff and just like that..
Herbie walked out of court a free man until trial..

''Geeee Thanks...You guys are good.." he said ,smiling..

"No we are lucky...Our last client was held with no bail.." I said.,


"It all depends on the right Judge..." said Nelson...

"Do you have somewhere to stay? Friends or relatives?  I think it would be safer for you there until trial."said Beverly..

"I grab some things and go stay with my mom and pops."said Herbie..

"Good ,that'll give us time to sort some things out."said Olivia..

ADA Mark Tate walked up on Olivia...He was so close, she could feel the erection in his trousers on her butt.  She immediately moved away and faced him...

"Mrs. Bennett-Alexander...Looks like we'll be working together again..Heh heh heh.."laughed ADA Mark Tate raffishly...."You don't know how bad I want to taste you...How bad I want to run my hands up your skirt and.."he said before he was cut off..

"Don't make me call my husband.."said Olivia sternly and walked away...

"I find it amazing he got attached to this case..."said Beverly...

"So soon after trying that last case...Shouldn't somebody else be up?" said Josie.

"Could be they saw Lt. Tragg is involved and opted to pass..So here we are, working together again!" laughed Nelson...

I was thinking that same thing..Come on..let's take Herbie to get his things and drop him off.."said Olivia..

"Could you guys drop me off too?" asked Stephanie..

''Sure..We have room.."said Beverly.

"You guys drop them off...I'll take an UBER...I just got a text from Hazel..." I said.






III-

 I went to the Medical Examiner's Office
where Dr. Hazel Baylor was waiting for me..

"What's Happening Hazel?" I asked as I walked in,...

"You're like my Husband, Duke, a Detective...so I can talk to you.. You defended a guy accused of raping and killing three young ladies recently, got him off...And now I hear you are defending this young man accused of raping and killing this girl,,,Well I found a major similarity..."said Hazel..


''Did you?" I asked.

"Forget that condom with the degraded semen in it...That semen was hours old...All that means is that her and her boyfriend had sex earlier in the day."said Hazel..

"He's admitted that much." I said.\

"Your victim had sex right before she died and the person she had sex with left behind DNA in his saliva , found on her bra and in drops of semen found in her panties...I'm guessing ,considering we found spermicide...That he was cumming as he placed the condom on and may have had sex with her post mortem...If Sirena was here..she'd say...Here is where it gets cute... This unknown semen and DNA is a match for Semen and DNA found on those three girls that were murdered before in the Malik Seiley case...and the DNA and Semen is not a match for Malik Seily or this guy Herbie Dubois.." said Hazel.

''All of these girls had a connection to this courthouse..Two of the Girls were Attorneys ,who practiced in the court recently...The third girl was a Para-Legal , who was in and out of the court with different attorneys..all young, good looking...and this young lady was a court stenographer....in the courtroom everyday.." I said.

''I have to include my findings in Discovery you understand..but it's my opinion...that there is a Serial Killer on the loose..and naturally that jackass ,Lt. Tragg is so far from the truth, it's not funny...He is too much of an ego maniac to admit that he might be wrong." said Hazel..

''I know...Thanks for the heads up Hazel."I said.

"Any time Donnie Ray...I enjoy talking to intelligent people, which is why I don't talk to Lt. Tragg anymore than I have to."said Hazel.

 We both laughed....
as I left the Morgue.

IV-

It was Friday Night..We were taking a break...We were at Mulberry Street, The rooftop Bar and Grill...

 Reed Nelson
 Bone Hampton
and downtown Rob Brown were playing tonight...with their perspective bands...

''Wow, these guys just played a set at Josies a few weeks ago..All three bands."said Nelson..

"Yeah they were good..I heard some Comedian is at Josie's tonight.."said Beverly, who laid her head on Nelson's shoulder..
 "This is soooo nice tonight.."said Olivia..

"It is.." I said.


Josie leaned herself into Paris's chest...

Drinks arrived at our table...

Siting by himself , across from us was ADA Mark Tate..Was this a co-incidence that he was here ???

He was watching Olivia closely...

"My god she's sexy, she really fills up that dress." he thought..

He saw me...

"So that's her husband eh...ex Cop...Ex Homicide Cop.....He doesn't let her out of his sight...I don't blame him...I wouldn't either..." he mused.

"That Niece of hers....boyyyy, she's a hot tamale herself..Myyy word...I can tell those two are related..Hard to believe they're not sisters...Just nine years apart in age..ummmph!" he sighed......

His eyes drifted to Josie....

"That's the other Attorney with them.....Gotta hand it to Olivia...She keeps some good looking babes around her... he mused.

"That's Beverly's Husband...He left another firm to come work with Olivia and Beverly shortly after marrying her...I know he doesn't mind at all....He's in hog heaven.." he mused..

He continued to watch Olivia's every move..

When she went to the ladies room, she was accompanied by


Beverly and Josie..

When I was missing for a few minutes..


Nelson and Paris were around her, never giving  this perv a chance to come up to her and talk..

While we sat together I talked about what Hazel had told me...

"Our victim had sex right before she died and it wasn't with Herbie Dubois..It was definitely someone else.. and the person she had sex with left behind DNA in his saliva , found on her bra and in drops of semen found in her panties...I'm guessing ,considering we found spermicide...That he was cumming as he placed the condom on and may have had sex with her post mortem.... This unknown semen and DNA is a match for Semen and DNA found on those three girls that were murdered before in the Malik Seiley case...and the DNA and Semen is not a match for either Malik Seily or this guy Herbie Dubois.."  I said.

 '' So we have science on our start to begin with...That's good."said Olivia..
 "That may prove only that she had sex with someone other than Herbie...doesn't actually prove he didn't kill her...I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer...I'm just saying.."said Beverly.
"The Prosecutor is not going to let us bring anything up from the Seikey Case...He's going to say they are unrelated ."said Nelson...

 "True, but we've got to start with that...That someone else was at the scene...Almost the exact defense we used with Malik..."said Olivia..

"Look all four of these girls are related..They all worked in that courtroom in some capacity....Two were Attorneys who had tried cases in that courtroom....One was a Para-legal ,who frequented that courthouse..and this girl here..She was a court stenographer...Malik  was a fall guy because he lived in the same apartment complex with all three girls and had known them in passing...Herbie lives across the hall from this one and was involved romantically and sexually with this one...The killer knew this and the killer staked this girls out..I'm almost certain of it.."I said.

"So you think the killer of the three girls Malik was charged with and the killer of this girl is the same person...A serial killer.."said Josie..

 ''Yes I do...and hazel thinks so too...She put all of her findings in discovery..." I said.
"Tragg won't read it and this ADA seems more interested in looking at me than reading anything.. However, they don't have much of a case..There is no eyewitness, Circumstantial and Questionable physical evidence and semen  and DNA that clearly belongs to an unknown person...and that matches an unknown person involved in another case...Bev, we have to find precedents and fight for that to be included.."said Olivia.

"That's where we begin..."said Beverly..

"Just so we aren't surprised...I'm going to look into Herbie and Rachel's relationship from all sides..Just so we aren't blindsided.." I said..

 "Good and Jo and I will start doing a psychological background of all of the jurors and decide what kind of juror we want..."said Nelson...
"We can start tomorrow..." said Josie..

"Well yeah, if you guys want to.."said Olivia..

We all left....ADA Mark Tate had gone long before we did..


''You've got to control yourself...." said the Mirror.

"I'm trying...I'm Trying.."

"Go find a prostitute.."said the mirror..

''What if I'm recognized?"

"It's better than killing someone...The city is hot over this girl being killed...They're still hot over that triple...It's not going to just go away because that guy was cleared...You've got to calm yourself down.. No Mistakes..keep everything close to the vest."said the mirror.

"I'm trying, I'm trying.."

(TO BE CONTINUED)







No comments:

Post a Comment