Monday, July 27, 2020

Up And Down With Ben

It was a terrible automobile crash...... There was one person dead at the scene and the other person, the driver, alive but shaken...

 Naturally Crime Scene Investigators and Forensic People were on the scene investigating...

 "The wife was driving...She's over there crying her eyes out...She said they weren't drunk...They'd only had three drinks..."said Dr. Hazel Baylor..Forensic Investigator and Deputy Coroner, Philadelphia County.
 ''Three Drinks? That's probably over the legal limit...but I admit...I've driven home after being out drinking far more than that." Yvette said ,smiling sheepishly...
 Bonnie Shay an Insurance Investigator and an Attorney who had been both a Public Defender and an ADA at one time  had called Yvette..

"Yes, So have I , I'm ashamed to say ! Vettie !I called you because you were Benjamin's attorney...My Insurance company, Cyclops Insurance represented him too!...I was shocked when I heard the news...." she said,.
Both she and Yvette had identified the body as Benjamin Speck...A fellow Attorney and Podcast and TV talk show host...

 "I liked Ben...He was a hell of a trial attorney at one time...Then he discovered that he looked good on TV and he got that Talk show and that Podcast and he was off to the races...I don't watch much of that type of TV...but I admit...I watched his show and listened to his Podcast...."said Yvette..
 "You repped him a few times..." said Bonnie Shay..

''Oh My god, more than a few times... when he was sued for libel, when he was sued for slander another time...When he divorced his wife....I handled the pre nup when they remarried...When they got divorced again...and I wrote out a new pre nup when they remarried.."laughed Yvette, who had been up and down with Ben over the years...Yet he was one of her most beloved clients..He always gave her a huge

Cold Cut Platter with different cheeses and meats every Christmas that she wound up sharing with us in the office..

"Mannn, I'm going to miss his annual cold cut trays around Christmas.." Yvette sighed..
"I'm glad we are getting the body out of here...Even though this isn't a murder...I do not feel like being bothered by you know who?" said Hazel..

 "Ohhhh If you mean Lt. Tragg...he's tied up in court today...My guys are finishing up a murder case today...He 's in court, not on the street." said Yvette..
 "Oh Thank God..."sighed Hazel..
 Bonnie Shay just laughed as
 They both looked at the horrific automobile crash that had ended the life of a client and friend...
Good Old Benjamin Speck... Who's body was now headed for the morgue..
 Benjamin's hot young wife, Alanna was sobbing profusely to police officers , but managed to straighten up, when a much younger man arrived on the scene..

"Ohhhh Mark...Mark...It was terrible...Just terrible.." she said , hugging him...
 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Alana...I came as soon as I heard..." said the young man..grinding on her...and moaning..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

 and then planting a wet, sloppy kiss on her lips...and moaning more..

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."

She pushed him away in horror....
 '' Gordon What the hell is wrong with you?  Not here!!...Not now!!!...You're about to cum in your pants..Look at you...You've got a major boner...Walk over there and calm down.."snarled Alanna.
"I'm sorry ,I uh got a little out of control.."  said..Gordon South, a young Public Defender, she had been having an affair with for a few months now.
 Yvette and Bonnie saw that....

"Hmmmm, looks like she's getting over her grief pretty fast." said Yvette..

"I know...It kinda makes you wonder.."said Bonnie Shay.


II-

At this very moment in a downtown courtroom-


The Judge asked for everyone to rise as the bailiffs brought him the jury's verdict..
 Cocky ADA Jim "Jumpshot Jim" Taylor, who was an All American College Basketball Player , until a torn ACL ended his promising college and possible NBA career . led to him entering and finishing law school and passing the bar... He had been a good Public Defender and was an even  better Assistant District Attorney... stood up..
 He was with a very confident Lt. Tragg..Both men had been posturing for the press in the past week..
Jumpshot Jim was somewhat of a sex symbol and one of the city's most eligible bachelors.. He had an unblemished record as a prosecutor...30 straight wins.

The four of us were portrayed as David going up against Goliath... Lt. Tragg was piggybacking on all of the hoop la surrounding Jumpshot Jim..who reffered to this case as a slam dunk..and said that we were young lawyers and we would learn from this...

Lt. Tragg laughed and agreed...

"I know their boss and I see she shied away from this case...She fed these four kids to the slaughter.It's a shame...but like the Assistant District Attorney said...They're young, this will be a good learning experience for them ..Heh heh heh!" he laughed..

Neither man would be laughing much longer..
 The Judge read the verdict....His eyebrows raised in surprise...He tried to supress a laugh Then he passed it to the bailiff to read..

He found the circus like atmosphere around Jim Taylor and Lt. Tragg's constant talking to the press a bit irritating.. He warned Lt. Tragg two times about talking too much about particulars of the case to the press...
 Our client, Mike  White, on trial for First Degree murder stood shivering.. We hadn't been able to get him bail...and he feared a life sentence or possibly a death sentence for a crime he swore he did not committ..The killing of a pretty white cheerleader , who had been found clad in only her panties and bra, strangled in the boys gym....

The case had race, sex and drama attached to it...It titilated the city's news for weeks leading up to this moment.
 ''Mike relax, We got this.." I said, 100 percent sure we have proven him innocent..
 "Mike even if we don't win today...Sofia and I have written a killer appeal that we will take to the Wrongful Conviction Unit or several State Appellate courts..We aren't going to let you go out like this." said Bee Bee.
 ''Have faith in us...We know what we are doing..We worked hard on your case.." said Sofia.
 ''We sure did..and I think we got great jurors who saw through the prosecution's smoke screen."said Kahlil.
Jade had done a stellar investigation...

 We had worked on the case at Penns Landing, Home of The Wrongful Conviction Unit

 Thanks to the graciousness of both ADA Karen Page and Attorney Jasmine Coley.
 We worked out of their huge law library

and ate our meals at the diner in Camden, safe from Lt. Tragg and  his unhinged harangues...

And now the verdict was read..

"COUNT ONE -COSNPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER- NOT GUILTY!!"

"COUNT TWO- USE OF AN INSTRUMENT OF CRIME- NOT GUILTY!"

"COUNT THREE- KIDNAPPING-NOT GUILTY!"

"COUNT FOUR-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE-NOT GUILTY!"

The Jury was polled...They all said unanimously-"NOT GUILTY...."

''Alright...I'd like to thank the jury for doing an awesome job....Court is now adjourned and you are free to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" he said and did his little two step...

We all laughed..

 ''Oh My God!! Thank Youuu , Thank You!"said a jubilant Mike White....A Black Teacher ,working at a predominitely white high school accused of kidnapping and murdering a white female student..
We proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he wasn't at the scene and DNA and forensic evidence pointed clearly to someone else..

We caught three witnesses in a web of lies and half truths....and we produced 15 witnesses who placed him in another part of the school when the murder occurred..People who said that Lt. Tragg wouldn't talk to them after the arrest had been made.
 ''I told you we had this man...I told you..." I said.
 ''We had an intelligent jury..a jury that understood Facts"said Kahlil..
 "Yeah and Systemic Racism." said Mike..who hugged Bee Bee and Sofia..
 ''Awww...you are soooo welcome Mike..Good luck to you.."said Bee Bee.

"Good Luck to you Mike."said Sofia..
 ''Ms. Yvette would be sooo proud of you guys.The way you handled this case." said Ms. Jade to us..
 "My God man, you really screwed the pooch on this case...You missed witnesses, that they found... You didn't follow up on discovery evidence...You didn't even check the stories of the witnesses you brought forth...You had me looking like a damn fool against those kids... Young attorneys still wet behind the ears...Young attorneys I should have slaughtered...They made me  look like a ROOKIE! This ruins my status as Philly's most eligible bachelor!  My god...How did you get to be a detective?" said a frustrated Jumpshot Jim , who grabbed his briefcase and angrily walked out of the courtroom..Now he didn't want to talk to reporters....

How quick he turned on Lt. Tragg...Who he was praising as a "Great detective of our age!" just days before when he appeared on the Talk show HARD BOTTOM!
 Lt. Tragg was surrounded by the press ,who as usual was letting him have it..


''Well you've done it again...Arrested the wrong suspect." said one..

"Hey when was the last time you arrested the right suspect?"asked another.

''Who was President, Truman?"asked another reporter

which was met by loud ,howling and laughter.........

"Watch it Lou...Watch it!" he said...

"God Artie, you oughta have a sitcom... "How To Get Away with Murder!  Oh that's right...There was already a show called that.." said Lou...

Which was met by more howls of laughter!


"THAT DID IT!" said Lt. Tragg, who rushed at Lou, swinging wildly...

Fists were flying, people piled out of the way.....Once again, a general melee between Lt. Tragg and reporters spilled into the hallways of the courthouse...Three or four were teeing off on him...

 ''Let's get out of here guys...Let's have lunch over in Camden..Tragg is gonna be in a foul mood..He was so sure he'd gotten a conviction on this." I said..
 "Yeah...Olivia and Beverly just beat him a few days ago in another case...He's 0-3 since he's been back from that FBI detectives course.."said Bee Bee..
 "It's a nice ride and I like that place.I can imagine he'll be real steamed...Losing in court and getting the snot beat out of here in the hallway.."said Kahlil
 "You're right...He's going to be in the foulest mood."said Sofia..
 "Let's go." said Jade..
 The Five of us got in Ms. Jade's new ride.

 and drove over the Bridge for Lunch..Nobody wanted to be in Sam Mother's Joint today after winning in court..We wanted to eat in peace..

When we got there to our surprise...We saw our Good friends, Olivia Bennett-Alexander, her husband, Donnie Ray, Her niece, Beverly, her husband, Nelson,Josie Boyd and her boyfriend Paris..
Apparently they had the same idea..

ADA Karen Page, Jazzy, Dabnis, Jessica and Chip were also here...
 "There they are...Congratulations guys...I see you had the same idea.."said Olivia laughing and hugging the five of us...
 "Looks like we all had the same idea...We wanted to eat in peace.."said Donnie Ray..
 "Yes...You guys beat Lt. Tragg in court today...He is probably close to having a stroke."said Beverly..
 "Tragg just lost a case to us recently that Jessica and Chip helped us on...So we brought them over here for Breakfast and Lunch with us the past few days...."said Nelson.
 "Yes..Didn't want him ambushing them while they tried to eat..He had been on Television talking to those out of town reporters at CNN and MSNBC...They apparently take him serious in a way the locals don't... and when we got an acquittal for our client..He was fit to be tied..."said Josie..
 ''He even bothers me and I aint even a lawyer."said Paris..
 "Something is going to have to be done about him.."said Karen...
 "That or this guy here in Camden is going to make a lot of money.." said Jazzy..
 Dabnis laughed loud and hardy...
 "It's just nice to be here..with you guys...Our friends."said Jessica..
"Yeah...In peace..We were so happy to able to have help on that case."said Chip..

To our relief...Ms. Yvette and Bonnie Shay joined us..

 "Hey Everybody..I heard you guys won today in court and I figured you'd eat lunch over here.."said Ms. Yvette
"Heyyy."said Bonnie Shay, who joined us..


Gary and Danny Ho followed them inside..

 There was a full house in our Camden diner today..
 While Sam Mother's was pretty empty...He was furious that his lunchtime crowd, which he depended on had been cut in half and not at all happy to see a fuming Lt. Tragg.. His suit was ripped and he had a black eye and a swollen cheek....His hair, usually perfect was mussed ....He had gotten dusted in the courtroom brawl...
Even more furious that none of the Attorneys and their investigators had shown up for lunch...They were big tippers/

"That's alright...I'm going to swear out a warrant for Jade Lee's arrest...OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE...That's what I'm going to do..." he screamed...Knowing that he had no grounds whatsoever..He was just talking...

He was so angry, he was shaking...Tears were streaming down his face...

He hadn't made a decent collar since he'd been back...Ten of his old cases overturned by the Wrongful Conviction Unit...and three straight losses in court...He was beyond livid.. He had gone from being the Deputy of Operations Golden Boy to being the laughing  stock of the Department..
COMSTAT Meetings were half empty now and those that came usually left before he was finished...
The Deputy of Operations had canceled this month's meeting...




III-

That night we all sat on the rooftop terrace of our building..

 '"Remember my client, Benjamin Speck...The Attorney with the TV Talk show and the Podcast..He was killed today in a horrific car crash...His wife was driving...The car was totaled." said Yvette.
 ''Yeah, I remember him...He was a funny guy...I liked him. Had that TV Talk show that came on Saturday afternoons..I used to catch it after I showered , while getting dressed for a date with Bee Bee..." I said.
 "He used to bring you that big Cold Cut Tray every year around Christmas...Aww Man..
 I'm going to miss that tray." said Bee Bee..
 ''Me too.." said Sofia..
 ''You said his wife was driving...How is she? she in the hospital?" asked Jade.

"She didn't get a scratch...He got killed on impact...Such a shame...She was really broken up." said Yvette.
 "Not as broken up as I imagine he was.." said Gary...

"Stopppppppppppppppppp.." said Yvette laughing..

 ''Didn't they get divorced and remarried twice?" I asked..
 ''Sure did...I repped him both times and helped write up both pre-nups and a revised one recently."said Yvette.
 ''Wow those two did not belong together." said Bee Bee.
"It's quite obvious somebody was in it for the money.."said Sofia..
 Kahlil walked up with two cases of Modelo Beer..

"BEEEER!!!! BEEEER!!!" he yelled as we each took a bottle...

it felt good letting a cold one go down...

"Yes...I've been Up and down with Ben over the years I've been his attorney...I defended him when he was sued for Libel...I defended him when he was sued for Slander...I represented him in both divorces and worked out both pre nups and recently amended his present pre nup.." said Yvette.

"He was married and remarried to the same woman right?" asked Gary...

 "Yeah...only one woman...You know, he was a very successful Attorney...Very successful...I never understood the attraction...She dropped out of  High school...She was 20 years his junior...And after the first marriage , he helped her get her GED...She enrolled in Community College, but dropped out before finishing..She held a number of jobs...She was his secretary...Then he fired her...She enrolled in Community again, dropped out again, They divorced...Were divorced for a year...She finished up at Community, got her Associates Degree, They reconciled and got married again...By now he was no longer practicing.. He had his television talk show...She was a "Producer" on the show...She didn't get along with the rest of the staff and he fired her again,,,They got divorced again...This time for three years... By that time...You guys had come along and they got married again!!!  She wasn't doing anything ..Then he started the Podcast and she became a co-host...Recently he asked me to amend their prenup...but I wasn't finished...He was supposed to ironically be meeting with me tomorrow..but now he's dead...The original Pre Nup stands." said Yvette..
 ''That worked out well for her..It's quite obvious, He kept going back to her because of the good sex." I joked.
 "Oh hush up...How do you know that?..You've got sex on the brain." laughed Bee Bee..

 "I've got you on the brain.." I whispered to her..
 "Nice to know.." said Bee Bee..
 who smiled and kissed me softly...
Ms. Yvette laughed...

"You two are something else.."she said shaking her head..
 Sofia laughed...
"But he has a point...They did reconcile and remarry twice...Maybe he just loved her.."she said..
 "Like Keith said..The good sex." laughed Kahlil as he opened another bottle of beer.
 ''Oh both of you ,stopppppppp."laughed Ms. Jade.
"Hmmmmm, it does seem odd...The whole thing...How much will she get?" asked Gary..

 "She will get 1.5 million because of the pre nup and she had another 1.5 million dollar insurance policy on him." said Yvette.
 "And so she gets a cool 3 million dollars..How convienient for her..." said Gary...."I'm just saying.." he said.




Yvette's mind kept going back to what she witnessed right after the accident..



 Benjamin's wife, Alanna was sobbing profusely to police officers , but managed to straighten up, when a much younger man arrived on the scene..

"Ohhhh Mark...Mark...It was terrible...Just terrible.." she said , hugging him...
 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Alana...I came as soon as I heard..." said the young man..

 planting a wet, sloppy kiss on her lips...and moaning..and grinding on her.....

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."
 ''What the hell is wrong with you?  Not here...Not now...You're about to cum in your pants..Look at you...You've got a major boner...Walk over there and calm down.."snarled Alanna.
"I'm sorry ,I uh got a little out of control.." he said..


Yvette thought about that the entire time she drank her beer..


We all continued to drink our beers...It did look mighty suspicious...Or a little suspicious...

IV-


Nightfall came.. Ms. Yvette and Gary and Jade had gone home..

 Bee Bee took that long hot bath she was talking about..So did Sofia.... and then both girls went to bed alone in their apartment..
 I took a long hot shower myself and went to sleep in my apartment...It was 11:00 pm...

11:45 pm...I was awakened from a peaceful sleep by a knock on my door.. I went to the door..

Bee Bee was there with a Night gown on that came to her hips and was very sheer....My eyes nearly popped out of my head..It left nothing to the imagination...
 "I can't sleep Hot stuff..Do you mind if I spend the night with you?" she asked..
 I suddenly had a huge erection...Which she noticed...She giggled....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….Look at you! Myyyy goodness...Ouuuuuuu!" she said..and giggled...

I motioned for her to come in...I closed the door..
 "Thank You.."she said as she walked straight to my bedroom.....
 "Mmmmmmmm..Thank You Hot Stuff!" she said..kissing me softly as we fell on my bed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're welcome..." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuu , was I on your mind?" she moaned as I entered her softly..

"Yess...If you hadn't come over...I was going to come down there..." I said..

"Liar , you were sleep...But I'm glad you weren't too sleepy" she said.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu hot stuff, you feel so goood...ummmmmmmmmmmmm...." she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd! Beatrice..." I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I love the way you say my name...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed.
 Nothing like a nice quickie...to really put you to sleep I thought as we began making sweet love and my bed began to squeak out of control...and my headboard began to rattle...

Bee Bee was soft and smelled good and was so curvaceous...She was driving me out of my mind in the bed...

I was sucking her huge breasts softly and then kissing her softly.....

I couldn't get enough...

Neither could she...

We made sweet love the next THREE TO FOUR HOURS!
 12:00 midnight...Sofia walked down the hall and knocked softly on Kahlil's door..She was wearing a green baby doll and matching green emerald bikini panties..
 Kahlil must have expected her , because he opened the door and pulled her right in...


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu papi....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu look at you,...you're all out like that....Were you thinking about me?" she giggled..


"Yes....I was about to explode...If you hadn't come down.." he said.. He took her top off and slid her panties off of her...
 He had her undressed and had her on top of him, riding him like a surfer rides a wave within minutes..

"Ouuuuuu Papi, I couldn't sleep.." she said..

"I couldn't sleep either...I was getting ready to come down there.." he said..

"Ummmmmmmmmmm, thank you for letting me stay..." she moaned..

"Like you gotta ask.." he said..

"I don't want you to think I take you for granted.." she said softly...

"Never that...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." he moaned..
as they made sweet love the next THREE TO FOUR HOURS!

"AYE PAPI!!" she moaned....

We were having a nice night and we expected a nice morning...We had no idea what was coming down the pike..

There was more to this car crash than meets the eye...


(TO BE CONTINUED)






No comments:

Post a Comment