Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Reunion

Gary and Jade stood outside our apartment complex...
 ''So according to the Super and the night manager on duty...That Back door was locked at 5:00 pm that night as always.."said Gary, an Investigator for the D.A.'s office

''And the Access card record shows that it was Calvin Pendelton himself , who let himself into this building..but we know that's not true...because he was in his apartment, sleeping it off."said Jade, our investigator..

"He claimed on two occasions that he had lost his access card and he paid $75.00 to have two access cards made...which means , he gave his cards to his lady friends, so that they could discreetly let themselves in from the back, away from the Street and just walk up the back steps to his apartment."said Gary.

"It also takes them away from the Street Camera...and the camera in the stairwell was disabled..Probably by Calvin, to keep his female visitors from being on any kind of tape.."said Jade.

"Well one of those female visitors killed him...A guy like Sam Weathers, that enraged about his wife sleeping with this guy would have come through the front door and up the stairs and down the hall like a bull in a china shop...He wouldn't have been this discreet."said Gary..

"Or controlled...The kids said they didn't hear a car pull off ..That's strange.."said Jade.

"Not if the car was in a lot or a distance away."said Gary....."The killer walked in, knocked on his door..He answered, the killer shot him, exited back down these steps and walked a few blocks away calmly and got in a car and slipped off into the night..Just like that...Very simple."said Gary.

II-
We were in court with Sam Weathers for arraignment.

 "Oh God....Is this the best Karen could do....That's Jeffrey "Death Row Jeff" Jefferson...He's sent more people to death row than any judge in Philadelphia."said Ms. Yvette.
 "Judge Reynolds is booked..I just passed him in the hallway going into court."said Bee Bee.
 "Awww Hell, I know this Judge...I tried a case in his courtroom.." I said.
 ''I take it you lost."said Sam Weathers..


''No I won...but he's no friend of defense attorneys.." I said.
 ''I remember...I was second chair on that case...You and I both came very close to being charged with contempt of court.."said Sofia..
"Geez, what a time to get a Judge like this." said Kahlil..

There was a new ADA, Brittany Hughes... We knew her... We graduated from law school together!

She had graduated from Penn Law School with us...

 "Brittany Trust fund baby Hughes is the ADA...oh joyyy."said Bee Bee..
''You never liked her...She always insinuated that we were only at Penn because of Affirmative Action.." said Sofia.

"The four of us had higher G.P.A.'s both in undergrad and law school than she did.."I said. I never liked her either..

''She always used to ask me if I was a citizen or an immigrant.."said Kahlil..

"Well here is your chance to get her back...."said Yvette with a smile..

 We hadn't seen her in four years...She actually looked glad to see us...
Another gorgeous blonde!!...Lt. Tragg was pleased as punch...He slyly rubbed her pretty legs...She moved his hands twice.. He slithered his hands up her skirt and rubbed her thighs...He had that pleased as punch look on his face..

''What are you doing? Do you realize you have your hands on my panties?" she whispered..
"REMOVE THEM NOW!!!...OR I'LL DO SOMETHING TO REALLY EMBARRASS YOU!" she said sternly...

Lt. Tragg smiled...he slowly removed his hands... He continued to smile at her..
She looked at him with pure disgust...

''What A Pig!" she thought to herself.

Bee Bee and I argued that our client had no priors , was a respected businessman in the community and was not a flight risk...


Sofia and Kahlil listed his many civic awards and presented several character witnesses from the church, civic organizations and happy customers to confirm his good character....

Finally Ms. Yvette pleaded for a reasonable bail......

Brittany argued that despite our clients many accomplishments...He acted like an "Urban Terrorist" and was in the Modern Gym waving a fire arm threatening to kill Mr. Pendelton, which he wound up doing hours later...She argued that the crime was deliberate and planned  and done after he had time to cool off..

Judge Death Row Jefferson was paying more attention to the fact that Brittany wasn't wearing a bra and had huge breasts...He smiled and made what looked like goo goo eyes at her...

Lt. Tragg had an erection...He was staring at her cleavage too!

Finally the Judge said..

" You make a very good argument Ms. Hughes....No Bail granted...The defendant will be remanded to custody until further notice!   The first Preliminary hearing is in four days...Be ready with your arguments..." he said.

"Damnit....I knew this was going to happen..."said Sam Weathers..

''I'm sorry Sam." said Yvette..
"Honey it's not your fault...You and your youngins did a fine job...It just wasn't in the cards today...Hey better luck in the prelims huh?" he said and tried to manage a smile..

The bailiffs handcuffed him and led him out.. He glared at his wife, Virginia..

 Who stood stoically

with her daughter, Bria..

"Nice Going Virginia....Thanks a lot.." he said..

Sitting nearby was Nora, the manager at the gym....

Tears ran down her face...How she wanted to run to him, to comfort him...but she couldn't...

"It's Tuesday....The Preliminary is Monday....We've got work to do.."said Yvette..

"You think we can use Karen Page and Jazzy's spot?" I asked.

 "Yeah, so much room in that Conference room..."said Bee Bee.
 ''Such a huge Law Library." said Sofia,.
"Such nice restaurants along the pier."said Kahlil.

"You like that building don't you?   I'm having lunch with Jazzy and Karen today...I'll ask her, I'm sure she won't have a problem.."said Yvette.



III- 
In Sam Mother's Diner-





Yvette spied her friends, ADA Karen Page, Attorneys Jasmine and Dabnis Coley ...They waved her over..

 "Heyyy Vettie...I'm sorry...I tried to get Reynolds, but he was booked solid for this morning.."Death Row Jeff" was the best I could do."said Karen..
 "He was the best you could do?  He sentenced one of my clients to death on what was clearly Manslaughter....I fought tooth and nail, went to four appellate courts and The State Supreme Court to get that conviction overturned, got the sentence reduced to Manslaughter and my client sentenced to 5-10....when I was a Public defender. I've hated that man ever since..I hope I never go in front of him again."said Jazzy.
"Yeah, he and I have had our battles too...I don't envy you Vettie...If you need some help let me know."said Dabnis, who had just finished helping






Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Donnie Ray out on a big case..

"I got a dilly of a case...So yes...I'm asking for help....Karen, Jazzy...My guys need your building...The conference room and the law library..." said Yvette..

 "Consider it done!"said Karen..
"The conference room is all yours Vettie."said Jazzy...

"I just finished a big litigation....I've got some free time...I'll be at your disposal for the next couple of days."said Dabnis..


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you guys..."said Yvette..

That night , we all decided to go to Food Corner for some comfort food..

"Ms Yvette just texted me...Karen and Jazzy said that it is okay for us to use the law library and the conference room in their building...We' are to report there at 7:30 am... And we should put in our breakfast orders from Sam Mother's now..."I said..

"We usin Uber Eats or Door dash?" asked Bee Bee..

 ''Whoever is cheapest and fastest.."said Sofia.
Kahlil laughed.

"Oh Yeah...Dabnis is going to help us out on this thing..." I said..

 "Yayyyyyyy ,Dabnis makes me laugh...He just finished helping Olivia and Beverly out on a case."said Bee Bee.
"And I'm glad we'll be sequestered away....No interference from Lt. Wrong Arrest."said Sofia..

"You mean Lt. Columbo."laughed Kahlil...

"Ooooop!" said Bee Bee, laughing loud....

"Nelson told me one of their clients called him Columbo to his face....I liked to died laughing." I said...

"Well Look at us...Penn Law School class of 2017 reunion in da houseeeeeee!" said ADA Brittany Hughes...

She , to our surprise hugged every one of us.....

"I am soooo glad to see you guys......So you work for McCluskey/ Cozen/Connor and Pratt... Woww, not bad...I heard you guys got hired not too long after you passed the bar...That is outstanding...I suppose that Yvette Jones person is your handler, supervisor..?/" she asked.

''She is our supervisor...yes."said Bee Bee..

''Well Beatrice, Judging by how fly and fashionable you all are dressed....You guys are doing well...I see you guys still hang together...Where are you living?"asked Brittany..

"Funny you should ask...We live in Apartment city...Not too far from here...In fact we walked here..We live in the same complex where the victim in this present case was murdered...two floors down."said Kahlil..

"Oh My God...So you guys were there..huh?" said Brittany..

"It was late....We didn't see anything.." I said..and cut the conversation short..I wasn't sure if Brittany knew all this or not...But she wasn't going to weaponize us against our client...

''Sooooo Keith , I saw you kiss Beatrice today in the hallway after trial...You two uh are an uh official item?" asked Brittany..

 "Yup...we've been together since graduation... He lives across the hall from me and Sofia.."said Bee Bee..
I smiled.

"Keith, you've always liked her...Neither of you fooled anybody with that we are just good friends routine you used to pull in law school...Everybody knew you two were getting it on.."laughed Brittany .."And Sofia....You and Kahlil...you two together?" she asked.

"Si, since graduation....He's been my Sugar Papi…" said Sofia, hugging
Kahlil...


"You guys all live in the same apartment complex...Sofia and Beatrice, room mates as usual...and you two guys across the hall or down the hall from them....Together in law school and afterwords..and working at the same firm....So much togetherness...." she laughed..

''So Britt, what have you been doing with yourself? I never expected to see you working for the D.A.'s office...Didn't you work for some Multi-National firm?" I asked..

"Yeah about that..Shortly after I passed the bar...I got a job with this Muli-national firm as associate counsel....I was making six figures easy...I flew to London and Paris and Tokyo several times a month and had the best accomodations..and I blew it!"she sighed..

 ''Who was he Britt?" asked Sofia.
"Yeah, he had to be a heavy hitter, knowing you." said Bee Bee..

"You know  him...He's the son of one of your firms founding partners,,,Justin Cohen...He was married and I knew it and I should have known better...but what started out as having drinks and staying up all night talking and going over briefs turned into us sleeping together in London, Paris, Tokyo and finally here in Philly...I got pregnant!!  I took care of it...His wife found out and made him resign....After he was gone, It just wasn't fun for me any longer and soon, I resigned too!

I went home for a stretch....but my parents were getting on my nerves....So , here I am, in the D.A.'s office..." she said.

"This your first case?" asked Bee Bee..

"Oh Noooo, I've been here awhile..I've had several cases..."said Brittany...

 "Here comes our food.."said Kahlil..
"Sit down..Take a load off." I said..

 We all had Cheeseburgers
 Fries
and Onion Rings...

''So Britt, you seeing somebody now?" asked Sofia.

''I am..He's a lawyer too....He graduated two years before we did...He taught at PENN for awhile, He helped me study for the bar..He works for my father's firm.." said Brittany.

"Why aren't you working for your dad's firm?" asked Kahlil..

''Are you serious? My dad would drive me crazy....Noooo I'm happy right where I am for the time being. Listen you guys...I'm really glad to see you...I 've wanted to apologize for all of that ignorant stuff I said in law school.." she said..



"Keith , Beatrice and Sofia...Always insinuating you got in Penn Law due to Affirmative Action...I know you guys worked your tails off.. Your G.P.A.'s were higher than mine...

and Kahlil, all that immigrant talk...I'm so sorry....I'm not a racist...really...and I suppose especially not now." she said..
''What's different now?" I asked.
"My Boyfriend is Bi-Racial... His name is Alonzo Calderone Williams.

His mom is Puerto Rican and his Father is African American...." she said..Showing us a photo of him..

"He did his undergrad at Howard University and then went to Law school at Columbia...Taught for awhile at PENN...That's how I met him and now works for my dad's law firm." she said.

"Your dad doesn't know you two are dating does he?" I asked.


"No Not yet...I'm not trying to kill him." said Brittany..

Kahlil cracked up laughing...
"Ohhhh wowwww!" said Sofia, laughing.


We sat and ate and laughed and talked..

Lt. Tragg happened to walk by and see us all laughing and talking...He was astounded...

"She knows them? Awww nuts....They all look about the same age...They must have been in law school together." he surmised..



IV-


At the Gas Station...

"This is it...This is the gas station where the killer refueled and used a credit card.."

 "I was just inside..Nobody remembers the car or who refueled...There must be hundreds of cars that come through here a night.. We've got to call Corporate and the Store Manager to get permission to see the footage from that night."said Gary..
"I'll get right on it..You know...The daughter said she came in at 3:00 am and both of them was in the bed....She would have had access to her father's credit cards and his gun..."said Yvette..

"What if she and the mother were sleeping with this guy?" asked Gary...

"WOW!  It's not entirely unplausible...He was a walking erection....He's been trying to get me in the bed for as long as I've been going to the gym...He damn near pleaded with me at times.. I wouldn't put it completely past him to be sleeping with both women..."said Yvette.

"And not just those two...Even more.."said Jade.



''Well one thig is for sure.. Whoever killed him was a female and a female close to him..."said Gary.


"It's late...I've got to be at work early tomorrow...Let's call it a night." said Yvette..

"You coming by?" asked Gary..


"Good night guys.."said Jade.


They left and headed back to Gary's house..

Yvette smiled at Gary...

 ''So...At least show me the work Mr. Weathers did."said Yvette.
"Come here...Look.."said Gary...
Showing Yvette his new shower....

 "Oh Gary...It's looks fantastic..."said Yvette..
Gary turned on the water...

"I intended to take my first shower with you.." he said...

and within minutes...They both were in the shower...Kissing passionately and engulfed in hot soapy water..

"I'm liking your house, better and better."said Yvette.

Sometime later, Yvette and Gary were

on his Terrace... Gary took Yvette into his arms..

 "How was that shower baby?said Gary..
'''The best. They really did a good job!" said Yvette..

"Yes they did...Shame he's in such a jam!Here, try this..I didn't forget how much you liked this the last time you were here." he said and passed her a cup of Orange Organic Tea.
Yvette sipped it...It was good..she let the aroma go up her nostrils....She smiled from ear to ear...
"Wow, this is sooo good!  You really take care of me...Good Care of me.. I never imagined you had this in you....You've been a nice surprise..Thank you for loving me so well."said Yvette.

"You are sooooo welcome??."said Gary...just staring at Yvette...

as he and Yvette kissed softly...

"Ummmmm I love you Vettie." he moaned softly...

"Yeah....I love you too!" she whispered...

"Do you really?" he asked..

''You don't even understand how much at this point." she said..

He had her in the corner, running his hands down into her panties..kissing her passionately and she fondling him softly...They both were driving each other crazy.....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girl....." he moaned..


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GARYYYYY!" she sighed..



In no time they were on his big couch making sweet love..

to only the light of the stars....

The  soft couch heaved under their weight, but was so soft....Yvette preffered it to Gary's noisy bed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh my god...baby..you are so soft, so wet." Gary cried out!

"Garyyyyyyyyyyried Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" Yvette moaned.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Vettie!"  Gary moaned.

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Garyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..I love you soo much...

Ouuuuu you don't even know.."she cooed.. 




"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl..." Gary moaned

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned... 

"Yvette   sooo soft, sooo wet baby...I'm going crazyyyy.."I moaned..

 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Gary ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" Yvette cooed..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned loudly.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY godddddddddddddd  Gary

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY godddddddddddddd!!"she cried out!!! 



EIGHT TO NINE HOURS smoothly passed by as they made love under the moonlight...

Tears and sweat ran down the sides of both of their faces...Yvette's legs began to shake furiously and she began to move her head from side to side and cry like a little girl...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD GARY!" she cried out..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yvette...MS. YVETTE!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..

Yvette laughed...

Gary enjoyed making love to her so much....

With only the city skyline and the light of the Moon and stars to witness.


No comments:

Post a Comment