Thursday, July 9, 2020

Show and Tell...

"Hey Yall!" said Attorney Jasmine Coley aka "Jazzy"   ,She peeked in our conference room...

 "Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy girllll..look at you!" said Beverly ,hugging Jazzy...
 "All tan....You two really enjoyed that beach..and that good weather.."said Josie, also hugging her..
''Welcome back Jazzy.."said Olivia, hugging her and spinning her around..

"I missed yall…" said Jazzy, smiling..

"Where is Dabnis?" I asked..

"Home sleep! He's knocked out!"laughed Jazzy...

"That long flight back huh?" said Nelson..

''Welllllllllll that's part of it." laughed Jazzy, sheepishly..



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" laughed Olivia, Beverly and Josie in that conspiratorial laugh I had come to know so well in my years with "The girls" as I lovingly referred to these three..
Nelson chuckled...he knew the deal..He remembered how long he slept after returning from his and Beverly's honeymoon!

"So.  What you guys got going on?" asked Jazzy.

''We are in the middle of a murder case..."said Olivia...Showing Jazzy our strategy and the case file we had drawn up..

''From a prosecution standpoint...There isn't much of a case...I wouldn't try this. I'd tell the Case detective to either get me some more evidence or look for another suspect."said Jazzy..



Beverly, Josie and Nelson gave Jazzy a serious side eye...

"Oh My God...Let me guess...Lt. Tragg is the case detective?" said Jazzy, laughing.."What was I thinking?" she said.

 Dr. Goggins dropped by
 FBI /ATF Special Agent in Charge, Sharon Hopkins dropped by
And Dr. Hazel Baylor dropped by from the M.E.'s office..

They all had tested the DNA found in the semen in Rachel's Panties and the saliva on her bra straps and had determined that there was definitely a match between Rachel's assailant and the assailant in the triple murder /rapes of the three young ladies in the Malik Seiky Case  which we had just tried.

After they left ,Jazzy said.

"If Mark Tate finds out you have this ,he is going to argue to suppress.."said Jazzy.

"No Doubt he will ,But , you were a Public defender once Jazzy, what would you argue?" asked Olivia..

"That's simple, U.S. vs. Higgins in which it was the same scenario, evidence of the same murderer in another case was pertinent to his case and his exoneration..." said Jazzy..

Olivia hugged her..

"Good Girl! My prize pupil." she said like a proud mother.. ''All of you are my prize pupils."she said.



Looking at Beverly, Nelson and Josie who had all brought up U.S. vs. Higgins yesterday when they had discussed this..

"You taught me well Olivia..You taught us all well."said Jazzy..

II-
A Day Later, We were all in court for the first Preliminary Hearing...

Just like they knew he would, ADA Mark Tate argued to suppress..




Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie argued successfully to keep that evidence in Discovery as well as mention of the Malik Seiky case..

One thing Judge Reynold respected was a proper application of law and Olivia and Beverly and their two associate attorneys came prepared and knew proper application of law..

A Frustrated  ADA Mark Tate argued the same talking points, The fingerprints, the Semen which tested positive for Herbie Dubois found in the condom in the bathroom.


Beverly and Josie argued that that only proved he had sex with the victim at some time during the day..She was his girlfriend...His prints and DNA would be in her apartment, just as they argued her prints and DNA were in his apartment...


Olivia and Nelson argued that there was not one eyewitness and not one neighbor who heard a struggle in the room...and interviewed the two police officers who actually arrested Herbie.. They testified that he was sound asleep when they came to his apartment..

ADA Mark Tate who certainly was better prepared for the Malik Seily trial was caught literally with his pants down...He was not prepared for this..

"You know ,from what I'm seeing here..You have the weakest case I have seen yet...I have a good mind to toss these charges out altogether..But I'm going to give you some leeway here.. I'd better see some more evidence in the next day or two or I'm throwing these charges out for lack of evidence..I'll see you Monday." the judge said and slammed his gavel down..

 "Get him to recuse himself from this case..He's biased towards the defense..They defended him on murder raps twice"said Lt. Tragg. "And I was the arresting officer in both cases." he said.
''Yes I know..but if I make that move now...It won't look good at all..I-I can't do it...Go back over that crime scene Artie, talk to some more witnesses, Get me something,please." said ADA Tate.

"I'm On it."said Lt. Tragg.

 He peered at Olivia..

She had her arms around my waist,...

We were kissing passionately...

He turned and angrily walked away, turning his attention to another heavenly body he recognized...
Former ADA Jasmine Jenkins...

Jazzy stood in the hallway talking to Herbie DuBois..our client..She knew him...He was a bailiff in the courthouse..

''Excuse me Jazzy." he said..

He walked over to us and began talking..





Talking about the chances of this not even going to trial , about it being tossed out..

Jazzy felt someone's trousers very close to her butt and the hint of an erection....

She turned to see ADA Mark Tate...He was running his hands down her waist...He was a bit too handsy with her..She backed away, but he followed her into her personal space..

"Jasmine Jenkins...I haven't seen you since you left the D.A.'s office...What are you doing with yourself now?" he asked.

"I work for a Private Law Firm now. We have an office in a building near Penns Landing.. I also help ADA Karen Page and the Wrongful Conviction Unit." she said.

"Ummmm nice....Your body is still sexy I see.....Myyyyy word! You uh still live in that Condo?" he asked..

"Oh noooo I bought a house...I live right around the corner from Olivia ,Beverly, Donnie Ray and Nelson." she laughed nervously...She didn't like the way he was talking to her and in her personal space...

"I've got a nice port...I'd like to drop by some night and uh get to know you a little better..Heh ,heh, heh!" laughed Mark Tate, ogling her body and making her a little uncomfortable..

"Ohhh I don't think my husband would like that too much.." she laughed shyly..

"HUSBAND?" he said ,almost angrily...

''Yes...It's Jasmine Coley now..My husband is Dabnis Coley, He's an Attorney with a big firm in Center City...We got married a few months ago..." she said , showing him her wedding band..

"I SEE!" he said icily and walked off..

III-

We all met at Sam Mother's Diner.. He was having an "Italian special"today...

It was a full house..

 Spaghetti
Fettucine Alfredo...

and Pizza was being served buffet style... with a full salad bar...

This was one way to get his customers in his Diner..








Our good friends, Yvette Jones, Gary Lockwood, Jade Lee, Danny Ho, Keith Jones, Bee Bee Evans, Sofia Garcia and Kahlil Ahmed were already there when we got there..enjoying their food , They waved at us..






Karen Page, B.L. , Jessica Sanchez , Chip, Lem and Zoey were also here and smiling and waving..

 ''WOW! This place is packed."said Nelson..
"It's Italian special today...Everybody is coming out."said Beverly...

 ''Well hopefully not everybody" said Olivia.
"Oh you know he'll be here."I said as we sat down..

''God...I'm tired of seein that guy."said our client Herbie..

 ''Everything looks and smells delish." said Josie.
 ''Yes it does."said Paris.
 ''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good."moaned Jazzy as she ate her pasta..
"I told you you turn me on the way you sound when you're enjoying your food."said Dabnis..

''What do I do that doesn't turn you on?" asked Jazzy..

''I can't think of anything.."said Dabnis...

''Oh hush up...you are just a horn dog..That's what you are..."laughed Jasmine..

Of course, Lt. Tragg walked in. He was like a dark cloud over the entire sunny mood.

He walked over to where we were eating..

"I went back over that crime scene today...I talked to some people..Apparently you all have already talked to them, contaminated my crime scene." he said.

"You should have talked to those people days ago..A week ago...I'm trying to build a defense for my client..I'm supposed to interview people.." said Olivia.

''We didn't touch or move anything on your crime scene...I'm an ex-Homicide Detective ,I know better than  that..We just took photos ." I explained..

"I am impressed that you actually  recanvassed a crime scene...I really am...You're getting better." joked Beverly..






Nelson, Josie, Paris, Jazzy, Dabnis and Herbie all laughed...

Lt. Tragg was furious..

He spotted Dabnis..

"Where have you been? Shaking in your boots, afraid to come out huh?" he sneered..

"Of you? Never...I worry about you like I worry about whether the sun is coming up the next morning..Now you've had your say...Go Away and let us eat in peace." said Dabnis..

''Why I oughta knock you the hell out!"said Lt. Tragg..

''Speak a little louder...I'm recording this...I'm sure Captain Cantrell and the Deputy of Operations will find this entire conversation quite interesting, before I sue again.."said Dabnis..

Lt. Tragg stomped his foot and angrily stormed out..which was met by clapping and cheering..which he heard...

He stood and looked at the diner.. How different things were when his Dad and Uncle were cops, he mused..






IV-

After lunch, I went back out on the street..

I soeciffically went back to the law firm that ADA Mark Tate had previously worked and I went to city records...I found out some very interesting news..

A young woman...A Blonde Administrative Assistant named Rita Bainbridge had been the one who had accused him of making unwanted sexual advances towards her...She sued him personally..
The suit was settled out of court for an un named amount of money...Mark Tate was engaged to be married at the time..His bride to be called off the engagement and moved out of state.

Mark Tate, despite settling the law suit out of court was asked to leave his tony law firm....

He joined the D.A.'s Office shortly afterwords...A Big drop in salary, but a job never the less..
Rita Bainbridge was found strangled and raped in much the same way these other four girls were..
Her murder was never solved..

The Investigating Detectives were Dominic Evans, now in Prison himself for a Double Homicide... and you guessed it, Then Detective Sgt Arthur Tragg...


I spoke with Hazel Baylor and she went to Police evidence and got a sample of the DNA taken from the Rita Bainbridge Cold case and matched it with the DNA  from the Malik Seiky case and now the Herbie Du Bois case..

"You're right Donnie Ray...There is a 99.9 percent match...You're looking for the same killer..Neither Malik Seiky or Herbie Dubois knew Rita Bainbridge...and their DNA is not a match for this." said Hazel.

"Thanks...This may clear my wife's client." I said..

Back at the house it was like a game of show and tell....


"A young woman...A Blonde Administrative Assistant named Rita Bainbridge had been the one who had accused him of making unwanted sexual advances towards her...She sued him personally.. The suit was settled out of court for an un named amount of money...Mark Tate was engaged to be married at the time..His bride to be called off the engagement and moved out of state. Mark Tate, despite settling the law suit out of court was asked to leave his tony law firm.... He joined the D.A.'s Office shortly afterwords...A Big drop in salary, but a job never the less.. Rita Bainbridge was found strangled and raped in much the same way these other four girls were.. Her murder was never solved.. The Investigating Detectives were Dominic Evans, now in Prison himself for a Double Homicide... and you guessed it, Then Detective Sgt Arthur Tragg... 

Hazel says the DNA found at the scene of the Bainbridge Murder is a 99.9 percent match for the the three women in the Seiky case and Rachel Carson in this case...Herbie is not the killer.." I said.

"We found out some interesting things too, while you were gone." said Olivia, smiling..

"Two of the Attorneys our former client , Malik Seiky was accused of killing filed restraining orders against ADA MARK TATE!" said Beverly..

"WHAT?"  I said..


"That's right.....Two weeks before each girl met their end..They filed a restraining order in city hall..Of course something like that wouldn't make the news unless someone was looking for it.."said Nelson.

''Both women said that they saw Mark Tate outside their apartment complex late at night and that in court he had touched them improperly and made lewd remarks to them after their trials were over."said Josie.

 ''Just like he did me.."said Olivia..
''And me."said Jazzy, who was sitting on Dabnis's lap..


''I want to do something improper with you right now." Dabnis whispered in her ear...

Jazzy giggled.. "Would you stop? I'm going to need a restraining order for you.." she said laughing...

 ''I've thought about going that route myself Jazzy....This one here can't keep his hands off of me."said Beverly, who was sitting in Nelson's lap..
He had his arms around her waist....hugging her....She just smiled...

"You were right Donnie Ray...You were right all along...I hate to say it...but something is seriously wrong with ADA Tate...and this goes back awhile..." said Olivia..

 "We need his DNA to compare it to this unknown DNA we have in all of these cases..."said Josie.
"Yeah, But how do you get it?" asked Paris.

"Hmmm, I have an idea....Sit tight.." I said and I made a phone call.

V-

At Curley's Bar...


Lt. Tragg and Mark Tate were having Beers

and talking..

"Artie this case is falling apart...One day of Preliminary hearing and

the Judge is talking about tossing it out."said Mark Tate.

''He's biased..



He loves Olivia Bennett-Alexander and that Niece of hers.." said Lt. Tragg.

"That niece of hers is one hot tamale...

"Wowzers...I'd love to get her in the sack!"said Mark...

"Her mouth is too smart.."snarled Lt. Tragg..

''Well you know what can close up a smart mouth..Heh, heh heh heh!" said Mark Tate..

"You aint lyin…"laughed Lt. Tragg, who tossed down a few dollars and got up..."I'm lookin into a few more angles of this case..Got a few more folks to talk to...I'll see ya later."said Lt. Tragg..

 "See ya Artie.."said Mark Tate.
A Blonde Woman sat down with Mark Tate...

"Buy me a beer?" she asked.

"Sureeeee" he said, smiling..He snaked his hand up her skirt and rubbed her legs...and softly palmed her butt....He smiled sheepishly as she stared at him..

"Nowwwww uh if you're going to have your hands all up my skirt, tugging on my panties and all, you're going to have to buy me more than ONE drink.."said the blonde..

"Sure baby.." he laughed..

More beers arrived..

"Ouuuuuuu you are fresh..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, stop that!"said the woman..

He was still rubbing her legs and palming her butt...

She slyly opened his zipper and began massaging his now massive erection..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.I've always loved playing show and tell...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned..

Soon they were kissing....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu geeeeeeez!" he moaned..

"Oh My, you've got a fatty!" she said , smiling...

He came like a gusher...

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!" he moaned.

"Boy that was fast!" she thought...

They were sitting in the back of the bar...It was crowded...She didn't want to bring any attention to what she was doing...

Years ago she had nearly gone to prison for Solicitation and Public Lewdness...

"Heyyyyyy calm down sailor.."said the woman, who had a hankerchief ready and cleaned him up and off..She stuck the hankerchief in a plastic baggie in her pocketbook..

''WOWWWW! Thank You!"he said.  "Excuse me...I'll be back...Uh I'm going to the men's room.." he said nervously, fixing his clothes...

 "I'll be waiting handsome.."said the woman..
She took the glass he had just finished drinking out of and put that in her pocketbook.. She then got up and quietly left.

Some time later, At Aqua Bar....I was beside myself with laughter..

"I just told you to bring me a glass he drank out of..."I said.

''Well now you got extra....You got a hankerchief with fresh cum on it...The nasty buzzard...He started on me right away...Wanted to play Show and Tell.."said the Blonde...

''Well, this is more than enough...Thank you.." I said.

"Tell your wife and that cute little niece of hers


 I said thank you for helping me beat that Solicitation rap a few years back...Saved me from going to the joint...I'll always be in their debt." she said.

"I've give them my regards.." I said, smiling...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments:

Post a Comment