Thursday, June 18, 2020

What I Like About You

THREE DAYS LATER!


"ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE JUDGE PERCY REYNOLDS" said the Baillif..

 "There's nothin honorable about that creep.."said Lt. Tragg..
"Cool it Artie.."said ADA Denver Miller..Freshly out of the Cooler, Sober and with a nice crisp new suit....He had showered and had on a f resh fragrance...

Today he was bearable...I didn't have to hold my nose...

 Bee Bee's first cousin, Sean Williams was being charged with the Murder of His Estranged Wife..We Were defending him..
 Bee Bee was the lead attorney.


Olivia and Beverly..







and Ms. Yvette had taught all of us...

Don't show your entire hand during the preliminary hearing unless you are one hundred percent certain you can win your case during the prelims..

We weren't that certain and


we could see it on Bee Bee's face..
 Sofia had gone with her to get Sean's DNA and had given copies to
 Dr. Hazel Baylor of the Medical Examiner's Office...
And Dr. Goggins of the Independent Goggins DNA Laboratories...

Jade on the advice of her new secret friend, Detective Sgt. Eric Paul had also sent his DNA to the FBI Laboratory...

With three confirming samples, we stood a chance of a slam dunk defense...

Kahlil
and  Jade

and Sofia scanned hours of Street ,Traffic, Business and ATM footage to determine just where Sean was as well as his car that was seen at the scene..

and Bee Bee and I


went through Sean and his late wife's Credit card records and ATM records to also determine their exact locations...We also scanned their Smart phone GPS....

We were building a credible case that proved he was not at the scene of the crime and the eyewitness who said she was sure she saw his car was not only mistaken, but willfully lying..

ADA Miller was a very good and capable Attorney...but he was woefully unprepared for this trial..as was evident...

We were killing him on the application of law and on the basic facts of the case...

Judge Reynolds admonished him several times.....Finally in exasperation he said..

"Miller...I'm going to do you a big favor...Write this down, because it won't happen again..I'm going to give you a three day continuum....Get yourself acclimated with this case and come back prepared to give a credible argument...And if I smell one ounce of alcohol....You're off the case  and I'll declare a mistrial...Do you hear me? Now get it together!" he said and pounded his gavel...

As the court cleared he walked over to the four of us..

"I like you kids...You take this thing serious, You dress nice, you look good , you always come prepared and you know your law... You haven't become jaded...I hope you never do....Right now ,it's an honor to have you four practicing in my courtroom." he said and smiled.

 "Thank You Your Honor." said Bee Bee..
 "Thank You Your Honor." I said.
 "Thank you your honor.."said Sofia..
"Thank you your honor.." said Kahlil..
He looked at me...

" I know your father son, I know you've made him very proud.." he said..

I smiled...

After he left...

Bee Bee walked over to me..

"You make your girlfriend very hot...Give me a kiss hot stuff!"she said and winked and kissed me..

and walked away....

Sean smiled..

"You hittin that thing right boyyyy...Look at that..." he laughed and slapped me on the back.






II-

At our office...The war or words between Ms. Yvette representing Jane Paul..

and Arthur Trout...

representing her husband,

Detective Sgt. Eric Paul continued..with neither side giving an inch or coming to a conclusion..

Arthur Trout , a fierce litigator was equally impressed with Yvette Jones, the best litigator he had faced since his legendary duels with Olivia and Beverly...

During a break in the precedings...Eric and Jane faced each other in the hallway...

 "Eric, what is that fragrance you're wearing?...It drives me wild.."said Jane...
"I remember...And is this a new dress? You are absolutely hot in that dress.." he said..

 "You like it?" she said..
"I love it...You're sexy as hell.I've always loved your taste in dresses...It's what I like about you.." he said..

 "You're not too bad either...Eric , I miss you..." said Jane..
"You have Lt. Tragg to keep you company..." said Eric..

"I made a big mistake with him..He said all of the right things at the right time...but I'm afraid all he wanted to do was get me in bed...He's insatiable...He never gets enough...and when he's not over the apartment, which was only two times, He's calling and texting...He even calls my job...He's sooo needy...That's a turn off! I need my sleep..I've been ducking him the past three days...Staying over my girlfriend's house or a cousin and keeping my phone's GPS turned off......He follows me...He's got serious stalking tendencies.. My girlfriend and my cousin and my friend at work says that I'd be better off with you That you and I basically have the same likes, the same tendencies..That's what I liked about you when we first met.." said Jane..

"You know my brother and my partner said the same thing..That we should get back together...I've always liked the same things you liked,  That's what I liked about you..How did we get to here?"said Eric..

 "I don't know...I mean...Would you, if you could? All that arguing we did was unneccesary over trivial stuff and it just blew up....I mean...Really we could work a lot of our issues out ,just like Ms. Yvette and Mr. Trout said.  So, Would you give it another try...If...If you thought you could?" asked Jane..
"I mean...Can we come back from all this? You with Arthur Tragg?? "asked Eric..

"You with my sister, who I'm still not speaking to?" said Jane..

"Touche'...That was low....That should've never happened... We were both drunk the first time...But the second time , we knew what we were doing...I was wrong...I'll forgive you if you'll forgive me."said Eric...

"Deal, but what do we tell our lawyers?" asked Jane..

"They're fired!!" laughed Eric.

They both laughed....The first time they'd laughed in almost a year..


Soon they were kissing, kissing passionately....right in the hallway...Just as we were getting off the elevator..

 "Whoa! Guess I won't be moving to the first floor.."I said..
 "No, it doesn't look like you will."said Bee Bee laughing...
 Kahlil laughed..."Sorry Homeslice..I'm still movin...You're gonna be up on that second floor all by your lonesome.."said Kahlil..
"Don't tease Keith.."said  Sofia, smiling as we walked into the office...

"Hey Guys...What happened? Why are you back so early?" asked Ms. Yvette..

"We got a three day continuum , The ADA wasn't prepared.."said Sofia..

"WHAT? Denver is going to mess around with his drinking and get himself disbarred. He didn't throw up again did he?" asked  Yvette.

"No, he was actually sober today and clean...but he was woefully unprepared...We came close to winning the case in the prelims." said Bee Bee.

"Oh and Ms. Yvette...I think you and Mr. Trout are going to be fired.."said Kahlil..

"Fired? What are you talking about?" asked Arthur Trout...

"Peep out in the hallway.." said Bee Bee..

 "WHATTTT?" said Yvette..
"Well I'll be damned.."said an exasperated Arthur Trout...
They were indeed kissing, very passionately...
 "Ummmmmmmmm...."moaned Eric Paul..
"Ohhhhh you've got me so horny I could, I could just explode...Let's go home.."said Jane..

"Mr. Trout, Ms. Jones...Thank you for everything...You'll be paid....We've decided we don't want to get a divorce...We are going to give our marriage one more try.." said Eric Paul...

"Welll..CONGRATULATIONS!!! GOOD LUCK YOU TWO!"said Ms. Yvette, who was glad to be done with the whole thing..

"Yeah...Good luck.."said Arthur Trout, who turned to Yvette... "Ms. Jones...I could use a good cold one..How about you? My treat...I know a place...Not far from here.."said Arthur Trout.

"Then lead the way counselor.. Let's go.....Take five loves...You can go home if you want.."said Ms. Yvette...

III-

At home...As soon as Bee Bee and Sofia got to their floor they could hear the bed squeaking and the headboard rattling...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodnesss...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." came the voice of Eric Paul...

"ERIC!   I'M LOSING MY MINDDDDD!!!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned Jane..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god I've missed you Eric...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" came the moans of his wife, Jane..

"I'VE MISSED YOU TOO BABY! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he screamed to the top of his lungs..

The bed springs were squeaking so hard ,we thought the bed might come apart at any minute....

 "That Bed's been gettin quite a workout lately!" said Kahlil..
"I know and she's talking about she missed him...Yeah right?" I said..

 "Stop being newsy you two.."said Sofia..
"Yeah, let them have their privacy..."said Bee Bee..

"LET THEM HAVE THEIR PRIVACY??? Let us have our privacy....The whole first floor can hear them...I wonder what happened between her and Lt. Tragg?" I said..

"He's stopped by here the past three days...but she wasn't here.."said Sofia.

"He asked me if I'd seen her ...This was two days ago...I told him I hadn't.. You think she was ducking him?" asked Bee Bee..

"I don't know...But she's home now and this wouldn't be a good time for him to come callin."said Kahlil..

"You are driving me crazy Jane.."moaned Eric..

"You're driving me crazy..."said Jane..

"Ummmmmmm " he moaned and they were back in bed, making sweet love...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOOOOD LORDDDDDDDDD ERIC!" she cooed!

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM." he moaned...

We sat on our rooftop terrace this evening..


 Me and Bee Bee

 Kahlil and Sofia
Ms. Jade..


And Dabnis and Jasmine Coley....


We ordered four big Pizzas and some Cokes....


"So how is your case going?" asked Jazzy...

''We got a three day continuum ..The Prosecutor wasn't prepared..."said Bee Bee.

''Who is the ADA?"asked Dabnis..

"Denver Miller."said Sofia...

"That drunk! I thought he'd be disbarred by now.."laughed Jazzy...


He vomited on the floor during the arraignment..Judge Reynolds tossed him in the cooler and set bail at $900.00 for our client."said Kahlil..


Dabnis and Jazzy laughed their heads off..


"What's this I hear about old Lt. Tragg screwing some cops wife? I was in court and a couple of cops were talking about it...They aren't too happy with Lieutenant Tragg..They called him a creep!" said  Dabnis..

"Old News, they called the divorce off, they're back together..Ms. Yvette was repping the wife..Arthur Trout was repping the cop.. Lt. Tragg isn't screwing her right now...Her husband is."I said.


''OUUUUUUUUUUU! This building is a regular Peyton Place. I know Arthur Trout, Hell of a nice guy and a damn good attorney.."said Jazzy...
"That cop and his wife live in this building..They live on my floor...They are down there now uh reconnecting you might say.." said Bee Bee..

"They are reconnecting rather loudly..." said Sofia..

 "I'll say.."I said..

''Yeah, I heard the bed squeaking and all of the moaning outside when we drove up.."said Jazzy.
 "They got started early....They were going at it when we got home from work today! What ever she had with Tragg fizzled out fast...But I don't think he knows they called the divorce off and got back together..That happened today."said Kahlil.
"The only thing that would make this a perfect night would be for him to come waltzing in here right now and catch them.."said Dabnis..
"There might be a Homicide."said Ms. Jade..

We all cracked up laughing..





IV-

Ms. Yvette, Gary Lockwood  and ADA Karen Page  sat in Curly's having drinks

and talking..


''So me and Arthur Trout were trying to hammer out a deal and we were this close..So we weren't really paying attention...Then I looked up...I said..Where are they?..Kahlil said Ms Yvette, Mr. Trout, I think you two just got fired..Arthur Trout and I looked out in the hallway and these two were kissing and slobbering over each other like it was their honeymoon night.." said Yvette..\

"Oh My God!!!!...So they called the divorce off?" asked ADA Karen Page..

"Yeah, Just like that!"  Can you believe it?" asked Yvette...

''Wow...At least you guys got paid.."laughed Gary..

"Yeah they called it off , wrote us both a check for our services and then asked us for references for marriage counselors.." said Yvette..\


Gary turned to Ms. Yvette and kissed her passionately..

trying to devour her lips...


as a round of beers arrived.. He quaffed down three straight glasses...

"Somebody is going to be knocked out tonight when they get home.."laughed Karen..

''No he won't...He'll get surprisingly sober once my clothes come off.."said Yvette...

 Gary laughed ….
"Your girlfriend knows you well Gary.."laughed Karen...

"She does at that . Oh Lord I just saw Lt. Tragg...He probably doesn't know his girl just got back with her husband...He still thinks he's the man, boy does he have a rude awakening coming." laughed Gary...

"OHHH NOOOO!" sighed Yvette, who did not feel like seeing him tonight of all nights..

Karen Page laughed so hard, she nearly fell off of her chair....Then she got silent...

"Oh My God...He doesn't know yet does he?" she asked..

Lt. Tragg was walking in just then..

"He couldn't possibly know..All this just transpired hours ago...For the past three days...She's been staying with a friend or a cousin...Maybe they broke up...Nahhhhhh, he looks too happy, too giddy for that...Ohhhh nooooo."said Yvette..


Another round of drinks came to their table..

"Those were from me girls.." said Lt. Tragg with a smile..
 "Nothing for me? I'm Hurt Lieutenant.."joked Gary Lockwood..
"Nah, you work for the D.A.'s office...You make good enough money to buy your own drinks."joked Lt. Tragg, who was in a very good mood tonight.

 "Thank you Arthur.."said Karen..
"Thank You."said Yvette..

''Where is your boyfriend B.S... I mean B.L.? Taping that show of his?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"He is...He'll be here soon!" said Karen.

"Hey Yvette, you're repping Jane Paul right?" said Lt. Tragg... "How is that going?" he asked.. "Poor Kid, she's all broken up, dealin with that husband of hers..She's been in seclusion the past three days..I haven't seen her.. I'm certain her divorce has gone through by now.. I'm stoppin by to see her after I leave here..Comfort her, you know?...Poor kid is probably broken up...Real Vulnerable..."said Lt. Tragg..Who was ready for another round of sex with her..

"Well uh actually...Their Divorce did not go through.."said Yvette..

"Not yet huh? You lawyers...I swear...Angling for every penny.....but I know..It's not you, right Vettie?" he said,laughing..


"Oh Noooooooo, It's not me.." said Yvette, sighing..
"Poor Kid...She needs me the most at a time like this.....Well, tonight I've got a big surprise for her." said Lt. Tragg..

"Ohhhh I'm betting she's got a big surprise for you too!" said Yvette..

Gary turned his head...He couldn't look at Karen Page right now...He would have lost it.

Karen was laughing so hard , she was shaking..


He pulled out his phone and called Jane Paul's number...It went straight to voicemail..
"Her phone went to voicemail...I know she's home...I checked her GPS.. I've got a case of beer, a couple of cold ones, Some fresh flowers in the car. We'll have a few drinks and some quiet conversation, you know? To uh get things started if you know what I mean and I know you do...Heh heh heh!  See you ladies around...Don't stay out too late." he said and walked out, very jovial and whistling...

Yvette looked at Karen...

"Well, I didn't lie...Their Divorce didn't go through.." she said..
Gary cracked up laughing....
''You didn't have the heart to tell him did you?" said Karen..

"No, I didn't.."said Yvette sighing....


ELEVEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSS....YESSSSSS...YESSSSSSSS!"


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..OHHHHH MY LAWWWDDD!"  came the sounds from the window..


Ms. Jade was leaving our building and heading across the street to her building..

"I'll see you guys tomorrow..Boyyy , they're still goin at it.." she said..

 "Good Night Jade..Yes...She must have really missed him..."said Bee Bee, laughing...
 "Good Night.I'll bet they'll  both sleep well tonight..."I said.
 "If they get to sleep at all....You guys leaving too?" said Sofia to Dabnis and Jazzy..

 "Yeah, All that racket those two are making is giving me ideas.UMMMMM"said Dabnis, laughing..

He playfully squeezed Jazzy's behind..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmph." he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...stop it!" laughed Jazzy, jerking suddenly....
"You don't need them to give you any inspiration..."said Jazzy, laughing..
"Oh No...Awwwwwww nooo. Look who's coming!" said Kahlil..

Lt. Tragg was walking down the street carrying a case of





Modelo Beers...and whistling..

He could see that Jane's window was open and the inescapable sounds of lovemaking could be heard..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"came a male voice...

"Oh MY GOD ERIC....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU."
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god I've missed you Eric...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" came the moans of his wife, Jane..


The Bed was squeaking very loud again and the headboard actually sounded like it had come off..

"You are driving me crazy Jane.."moaned Eric..

"You're driving me crazy..."said Jane.. 

THEY HAD BEEN GOING AT IT FOR THE PAST EIGHT TO NINE HOURS and showed no sign of stopping anytime soon.....The Bed was squeaking like crazy and the headboard sounded as if it might come off.! There was no way you could walk by and not know what was going on in that room..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!"squealed Jane.


"I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, OHHHHHHHHH!" hollered Eric...


The Bed was squeaking so loud it was almost embarrassing..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEE, YES SIRRRR SEARGENT!!!! YESSSSSS SIRRRR!UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! YESSSSS SIRRRRRRR!" she cooed..

"I'm MAKING THAT THING SALUTE ME!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YES YOU AREEEEE, OUUUUUUUU!" he screamed..

Lt. Tragg's mouth was wide open and his face was as red as a beat....He stood there in total shock, right under their window and listened, oblivious to all of us standing outside...

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! HER AND HIM? BACK TOGETHER??  THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!  HOW COULD THIS BE??" he said..


Kahlil tried to defuse the obviously embarrassing situation...

"You drink Modelo Lieutenant? So Do I? Great Beer man.." he said.

"Here...Keep it kid...It's yours...I got no need for it.!" he said angrilly and he turned and walked away...

He had some flowers with him...


He tossed them to the ground.




Dabnis, who hated Lt. Tragg with a passion  was laughing in a corner so hard, his body was shaking..

"Oh my god this was a perfect night." he said, still laughing...He didn't care if Lt. Tragg heard him or not!

 ''Wow! That's a hurt piece.."said Bee Bee, smiling and picking up the flowers...
 "Yeahh, wowwww!"said Sofia.. "I'll get a vase and some water for those flowers.." said Sofia.
 "That was bound to happen.."said Jade..

"Better he found out sooner, rather than later.." said Jazzy...

''Well we did get some good beer out of this.. Wanna get some cups and crack this case?" said Kahlil..

There was eight bottles..Enough for everybody to have one with one left over...

"I'm down.." I said..

"You know I am.." said Dabnis..

''Back to the Terrace." said Jade

and we all went back to our terrace..to drink the beer!



(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments:

Post a Comment