Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Cute And Dead

The next morning..
 Olivia was up ,cooking breakfast...
I had coffee brewing..


The smell of food and coffee woke up the other sleep heads, Beverly, Nelson and Josie..

 "Good Morning Auntay, Donnie Ray..."said Beverly , who was holding her husband, Nelson's hand and practically leading him to the kitchen table..
Nelson was almost in a trans like state...The loving must have been good last night.."Good Morning everybody.."said Nelson..

Josie wandered in....

"Good Morning everyone." she said..

Since it was just five of us...It was much easier to accomodate..

"How late did you guys stay out last night?" asked Olivia.

''We got back here  around three in the morning.."said Beverly, yawning...


"We must have rode everything twice..."said Nelson...

"And drank and ate everything too...I don't want to see anymore Popcorn or Cotton Candy.."said Josie..

"My hubby won me a stuffed tiger.."said Beverly, gushing...and kissing Nelson..
who just swooned...
"Pancakes for everybody.....Give me your plates.."said Olivia..


As everybody got pancakes


and hot coffee..


"What's the Agenda for today?" asked Nelson..


"Today we visit our client...Her name is Veronica Layton...She is an aspiring Actress, has 2200 followers on Twitter and Instagram and a You Tube page..David left the address and phone number and instructions on how to get to her place." said Olivia.

"Aspiring Actress...She been on any TV shows or Movies?" I asked..


"From what I looked up, several Hip Hop and Rock Videos and several commercials and one on line series that she wrote ,directed and starred in.."said Olivia.

"Looking for that big break huh?" said Beverly...

"Her husband and her were not living together when he was murdered two weeks ago...He apparently is a very Successful Actor...Sean Layton...You've probably seen him in those GEICO commercials and late night commercials.." said Olivia..

 ''Yeah! I know who he is..He's dead? He was her husband..??Wow!! He was cute?" said Josie..
"Yeah he was.." said Beverly...

''Well he's Cute and dead now...Let's get over to her place and see what she has to say about it..But find out mostly why she's close to being indicted."I said.

''Good Idea."said Nelson...


''Who's washing dishes?" asked Olivia, smiling.


 "Me and Honey Bun...."said Nelson..
"The Hot water and the steam will help clear our heads.."said Beverly...

"You're Neicy Poo, Shortcake and Honey Bun....I almost forget your name is Beverly."laughed Olivia at all of the cute little nicknames she had acquired..

Beverly laughed..

"Sometimes I do too..We gotta find a name for Josie.." she laughed.

"That's okay...Josie is just fine.."laughed Josie as we all chowed down and drank our coffee.



II-

We found the Santa Monica residence of Actress on the Rise Veronica Layton...

She looked anything but the "About to be indicted suspect " that David Snowden warned us about..

"You are Olivia and Beverly....I've heard so much about you two....I've followed your careers...You were actually out here last year with a slew of attorneys..."said Veronica Layton..

"Yes we were on another case.."said Olivia..

''You are sooo pretty and so is your little sister, Beverly." said Veronica..

"I'm her niece....My Father is her older brother.."said Beverly....

"Oh My God...He must be much older...you two can't be that far apart in age...What seven or eight years at best...?" she asked..
''Nine years to be exact...but we've been together all our lives..."said Olivia... "This is my husband

Donnie Ray Alexander.....He is our Investigator...."said Olivia..

 ''And this is my Husband,
Attorney Nelson East, who will be assisting us.." said Beverly..

 ''And this is Attorney
Josie Boyd, who will also be assisting us.." said Olivia..



''Such a nice looking and well dressed team..We'll look great at the press conference.."she laughed..

"Well before there is any press conference , we need to hear your side of the story and we need to hear everything..and I mean everything...We don't want there to be any surprises.." I said..

"I'm sure you know who my husband is... Sean Layton...If you don't Ms. Olivia, your niece and Ms. Josie know."said Veronica Layton, who was only a year or two older than Beverly and Josie.

 ''Yes We do."said Beverly..
"Yes We do.." said Josie..

"We were a publicists dream...We  were married for two years....but in a lot of relationships...Things went sour...He cheated on me, I cheated on him...We had one public row after another and we agreed to separate...

But the man adored me...He kept calling me, texting me, begging me to take him back...Sometimes I let him come over and spend the night...He was  good in bed....GREAT, if I don't say so myself..

Other times I'd tell him no....If I refused him...He got angry and we had physical spats..." she said.

"I checked, I see a record 121 Domestic Abuse calls to the Santa Monica Police over a period of one year and three restraining orders..."said Olivia..

"Your husband violated the restraining orders several times and was jailed." said Nelson...


 ''Wowww you guys do your research.." said Veronica.

"That's so we don't get surprised if this ever goes to court.."said Beverly...

''So go on.."I said..

"Recently...I began seeing someone else...A Very influential man.....He's a lawyer like you and he's running for office..He like me is married and going through a divorce or separation."said Veronica.

"David Snowden, correct?" said Olivia..

"Yes...but he has nothing to do with this...His name can not be mentioned...Please..." she said..

"On the night , three weeks ago..My husband came over here...He caught David and I in bed together..They had a very serious row...It got violent...My husband stormed out of here in a rage..and that was the last time I saw him...Honest...I heard on the news like everyone else that he was found shot to death across town in his apartment by his girlfriend..." said Veronica.

"BY HIS GIRLFRIEND??" asked Josie..

"Yes...He was seeing someone too...She came by his flat that morning and she discovered the body and called the police.."said Veronica.

"They found the murder weapon two days ago from what I'm hearing...It was in a trash can, four blocks away...It was wiped clean of prints....but the gun was registered to you..." I said.

"I bought that gun years ago....I used to go on the range and practice with it.. He started carrying it recently....He told me he thought he was being followed.." said Veronica.

"Did he owe anybody any money? Did he have any beef with anybody?" I asked..

"Not that I know of.."said Veronica..

''Did you leave this house at anytime that night?" asked Olivia.

''After David left...I walked down to the Coffee shop...It's six blocks west from here...I had some coffee , signed a few autographs and talked to some people....that was it..Then I came back..That's the truth...I wouldn't have harmed my husband...I wouldn't." said Veronica..

"Okay...Stick with that story...Don't talk to anyone and I mean anyone about the events of that night except me and my team....We are now your legal counsel." said Olivia..

Nelson peered out the window..

"Heads up people...We've got company.." he said..

Three police cars were outside..

A Short Balding man got out...Six uniformed officers walked behind him...

A gaggle of press was behind him...

He knocked on the door , dramatically loud...

"VERONICA LAYTON....I'M LT. DANIEL BORSE...HOMICIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE!!!
AND I'VE GOT A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!! YEAHHHHHH!
SUSPICION OF MURDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" he said, trying to sound cool....

"Ohhh God...Is there a cornball cop like this in every city?" sighed Beverly..

I laughed and hugged her....Kissing her on the cheek..

"I'm afraid so Shortcake..but not in New Orleans...We are all cool." I laughed..

"But of course!  Open the door Josie.." said Olivia, looking at me and laughing...

Josie opened the door ...

Detective Borse was star struck at first....

"Oh My God...Oh My God!!! Olivia Bennett-Alexander??? Beverly West??? From Philly....What are you two doing here??" he asked..

 "Our reputations precede us Neicey Poo!"said Olivia..
"We are actually famous!" said Beverly...

"We represent Mrs. Layton.."said Nelson..

"How did you even know?  How did you even know??"asked Lt. Borse..

"You're here to make an arrest isn't that right?" I said..

"Yes..Yes..That's right..You are under arrest for Suspicion of Homicide...Veronica Layton you ,you have the right to remain silent..if you do not, anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law...You have a right to an attorney, if you can't afford an attorney, one will be gotten for you..Do you understand these rights as I uh am stating them to you?" said Lt. Borse.

"Of course and as you can see...I have four attorneys and a capable investigator." she said as photos were being taken...

The press ate it up, snapping photos of us as we left..Olivia, Beverly and Veronica, Flanked by Nelson, Josie and Myself..

 "Remember Veronica..No Comment....Don't say anything to anybody...."said Olivia.
 "We are going to try and have you arraigned and bailed out.."said Beverly..
 "Okay...you're my lawyers.." she said..
 "We are in it now!" said Nelson..
" David got us out here in the nick of time."said Josie.
"Yeah...How about that?" I said.




III-

At Sam Mother's Diner in Philly....We were on the News....It was Dinner time and surprisingly enough, some of our friends were dining there that night..

 "Wow, Liv and Bev and the guys are in Santa Monica and representing Veronica Layton...I follow her on Instagram..."gushed Jazzy..
"Man they are UBER Famous...I tell everybody at the office that I know them and have worked with them."said Dabnis..
"Uber Famous...HAHAHAHA.....I like that term." said Jade..

 "Well they are!!!My Girls stay on the road and with some great cases...I wish we could have gone with them this time."said Yvette Jones..
"I'm glad you didn't..I wouldn't have been able to get off right now..Remember the fun we had last year in San Diego?" said Gary...

 "I sure do.."said Keith Jones..
"Me too...I can't wait until they come home...I miss them.."said Bee Bee.

"I miss them too."said Sofia..

"I wish I was out in Cali with them.."said Kahlil...
 "Wow...Olivia and Beverly are in California representing Veronica Layton....She got them out there pretty fast..."said Jessica Sanchez-Burrows..
"She hasn't got that kind of loot...She's got a benefactor with deep pockets..."laughed her husband, Chip Burrows...
 "They've got to give me first dibs on the story....This is the case of the year.."said B.L.
"You goin out there?" joked ADA Karen Page..

"If you come with me...Take some time off..It'll be a great time.."said B.L.

"Are you serious? or is this just a ploy to get in my panties?" Karen Whispered...

"I'm very serious and uh I would like to uh get in those panties tonight.." said B.L.

"What am I going to do with you?" laughed Karen..
Lt. Tragg walked in...He saw the news report and he wasn't happy..He was still stung by his recent loss in court to us..

"They jump on ANY CASE that is news worthy, ANY CASE that will get them on television...Now look at this...They're out in California representing a semi big star....I'd like to know who is bankrolling this..That's what I'd like to know.." he bellowed..


Dabnis cracked up laughing...

"DID I SAY SOMETHING FUNNY?" sneered Lt. Tragg...


Dabnis stood up...

"EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS FUNNY!" he said...

"Come on, Come On, Come On...We are finished our meal, let's just pay the bill and get out of here.."said Jasmine to her new husband...

"Jasmine, for the life of me...I don't know what you see in this  guy..."sneered Lt. Tragg...

"That's her husband...You don't have to know what she sees in him..."said Yvette, coming to her defense..
''Easy...Easy Boss Lady, don't let him get to you.." said Jade softly..
 ''Come on Ms. Yvette...Let's get out of here.."said Bee Bee softly...
 "Come on Mama...."said Sofia..
"Artie, cool it....They're on the other coast man...What do you care who they're defending? "said Gary diplomatically trying to defuse the situation..

"Let's roll homeslice!"said Keith Jones..

''Right behind you bud."said Kahlil.

Keith and Kahlil paid their bill and they all filed out.....
 "Thanks for having my back in there girlfriend.."said Jasmine..
"I just get tired of him saying that....You don't have to defend your man to him or anybody.."said Yvette Jones..

Jessica and Chip paid their bill and followed the rest of the people out...

 "You guys okay?" she asked..

"Yeah, everything good? asked Chip..

 "Yeah, everything is fine..Thanks for asking.."said Jazzy, smiling.

"He's going to mess around and get himself sued and fired.."snarled Dabnis..

And back in the restaurant...

 ''Way to go Artie...You really know how to clear out a joint.."said B.L. Benz..

Lt. Tragg glared at the only person he hated as much as Dabnis Coley...B.L. Benz...

''Did you say somethin? Why don't you say it louder so I can hear ya?" snarled Lt. Tragg.
''Don't start. We were having a nice lunch...Don't completely ruin it Arthur."said Karen.

"I won't be surprised B.L.  if you're not out there ,covering it...This is your kind of story.."snarled Lt. Tragg, hoping he would go ,so he'd have a week alone with Karen Page..


While in a California Courtroom...A Judge set bail at One Million Dollars!

"Not a problem...I'll call my agent...My Agency will put up the ten percent..."said Veronica cooley..

The agency refused...

She made a call to David Snowden...but couldn't get through...To her surprise..She was taken to a holding cell..

 "How Do you like that?  Nobody would put up the bail money.."said Beverly...
 "I suppose David has put up enough paying our legal fees and airfare and housing.."said Olivia..
 "That's what I was thinking.."said Nelson..
 "Well maybe it's better this way...Locked up, she's not a target for anybody..." I said.
Josie received a text on her phone...It was from David Snowden..

"I'd like to see you tonight...Just you....At this location...See if you can get away from the others..don't tell them I've texted you..." David S.   It read..

Josie quietly put her phone away...She had no intention of sneaking off to see him..

IV-

On Television, David's Republican Opponent for District Attorney, Lloyd Butts addressed the press..

"This is the kind of sensationalistic mess my opponent  courts....This Veronica Layton trial...She took three weeks after the fact to be indicted and arrested...She was just arrested today...If I had of been District Attorney she'd of been in custody immediately..." he said..

 "Immediately huh...No evidence...Rightttt?" said Olivia, watching..
 "This is just Politics Auntay…"He's trying to get elected.."said Beverly...
 "Yeah at any rate.."said Nelson..
 "I wonder if David has a rebuttal." asked Josie..
"I'm sure he will as soon as he hears this.." I said..

"That pompus idiot..." said David Snowden ,

who sat in a quiet Cantina by the pier, expecting to see Josie..

He couldn't get her off of his mind since he'd seen her at the airport...


He was amazed at how beautiful both Olivia and Beverly had blossomed...

Jimmy would kill him if he even thought he was looking at his precious baby sister or his daughter in a sexual way.....Bad enough he had slept with his ex-girlfriend, Alfreda, Mother of Sweet Beverly...

 many years ago...

Neither one of them had ever spoke a word about their brief relationship with each other..

He felt bad he couldn't put the bail money up for Veronica..He couldn't move anymore money....He had moved enough money getting us out here...getting us in that Airbnb and paying for our legal services..He had no more money to move...  He was surprised her agency refused to put up the money...


We turned in for the day....No one was going out tonight...

A Car with tinted windows sat across the street from us..

Inside the car was Republican D.A. candidate, ADA Lloyd Butts and ADA Jessie Snell who would be trying the case..

 "So that's where they're staying huh? Pretty ritzy titsy joint.."said Lloyd Butts...''What did your man find out?" he asked..
"Not much...Their Airline tickets , Legal Fees and rental of this Air BNB was all paid by a company called Bet On Black Inc. The account was in the Caymen Islands...They wired the money for the legal fees to these guys's accounts in Philly before they even came out here..They emailed the plane tickets...all ordered on line...and they paid for the Air BNB...all on line all with a credit card....And get this...As soon as we got up on this account...It was closed...Looted and dissolved..."

"How careful is this person....But somebody had to go pick up the keys to give them..." said Lloyd..

"Yeah, we found a hooker...On the strip...She picked up the keys and gave em to her john...She doesn't know his name..He paid in cash...All she would tell us was he was Black.."said Jessie..

"It has to be Snowden..Has to be.."said Butts..

"If it is..He covered his trail well...We showed her photos of Snowden and she said it wasn't him..."said Jessie..

"Damn it...He's going through his second divorce...His estranged wife told us to go to hell and people get divorced all the time out here...but if we could link him to a married starlet..We'd have him..."said Butts..

"Ohhh well...I gotta work on getting a conviction on THIS CASE...So let's go home.."said Jessie.

"Ohhhhh alright.." he said and they pulled off..

into the Santa Monica night...

Inside..

Josie was in her room facetiming Paris on the computer..

 "Hi Baby...I miss you..." he said..
 "I miss you too.." said Josie...



Nelson and Beverly were in their room with the door locked, prepared to make some serious love..

They were already kissing and breathing heavily.....

and soon in the throes of passion....

And Olivia was sprawled across the bed, finishing up on the phone...She had called




Yvette, Alfreda, Jasmine and Karen Page...

She looked at me..

''Wanna do it?" she said with a devilish smile...

"Of course....Tomorrow I've got to rent a car and look into this case..." I said..
She gave me the kiss of life....and pretty soon my clothes were off
And I was happy to roll around in the bed with my wife..

and make sweet love to her well into the Santa Monica Night.


(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments:

Post a Comment