Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Personally Involved

ADA Yvonne Harris had asked Judge Reynolds to recuse himself from the trial...She used the grounds that he had a personal relationship with the defendant ,Dabnis Coley..

Dabnis Coley had clerked for him after he passed the bar and had recently represented him in a lawsuit against the Philadelphia Police Department......

She also stated correctly that Dabnis's Defense Attorneys, namely

 Olivia Bennett-Alexander
 Beverly West-East
 Nelson East
 Josie Boyd
and myself, Donnie Ray Alexander, the investigator...

Had successfully represented him in both of his murder trials...It just wouldn't be easy for him to be impartial...

It was sound legal grounds...

Judge Reynolds understood....He had no choice but to recuse himself..He was not angry at ADA Harris, She had done what any intelligent lawyer ,including himself would have done..

She said nothing about Lt. Tragg or his incredibly low bail for Dabnis..She let that stand...but the important thing was a new Judge was being appointed..

Lt. Tragg was so pleased ,he had to come to our house last night..

and loudly informed us of this....

 When she heard about it....ADA Harris was livid...She called him into the Judges Chambers..

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?  WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, DELIBERATLY DEEP SIX THIS CASE?   Harrassing and intimidating a defendant and his attorneys...If they wanted to run wild with it...They could get this whole thing thrown out on a technicality like that....DO NOT GO TO OLIVIA AND BEVERLY'S HOUSE AGAIN OR DABNIS COLEY'S HOUSE UNLESS YOU HAVE CAUSE AND A WARRANT!!!!...DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?" she yelled at him..
''You know you're very attractive and you're getting me very hot , just standing here alone with you...Since we are alone..Heh heh heh...How about I ask you out to dinner tonight huh? I know a great place...Drinks..Good Food...Quiet conversation..Huh? How about it?" said Lt. Tragg, completely ignoring her tirade...

She was taken aback...

"Huh? Uh...I don't..I don't think that would be appropriate at this time Lt. Tragg!" she said and walked out of the Judges Chambers...She shook her head in disgust...What a goof! She mused..He just doesn't get it! She thought!

II-

A New Judge was appointed...

Judge Martika Anderson, who we knew..Still Not a bad arrangement..

The Preliminary hearing is like a mini trial...You don't show all of your cards, you show just enough to argue why the case should be thrown out if you're the defense..




Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie were as usual terrific, in their application of the law and their arguments of the facts.....

ADA Yvonne Harris was just as good if not better this time...Her argument was just as persuasive..

This hearing drug on for four days and finally Judge Anderson made a ruling..

''Well, you both have made very compelling arguments to state your case..but I've seen enough here to warrant that this case be held over for trial...It's Thursday people...Trial will begin Tuesday Morning at 10:00 am.. Be ready for trial.." Martika ruled... She looked at Olivia sympathetically...

Olivia smiled, She understood...

So did Dabnis, who hung his head...He understood also that the Judge had no choice...The thought that he could be disbarred and go to jail for the rest of his life behind Lt. Tragg's vendetta incensed him...

Lt. Tragg stood to the side with a superior grin...

 "It's just one of those things Jazzy..We are going to get him off..I promise." said Beverly..
 "We are going to be working around the clock...Don't worry."said Josie..
"Can I help?  I'm done with my trial now?" said Jazzy..

''It would be better if you don't Jazzy, you're very personally involved." said Nelson..Knowing that Jazzy understood

"Nelson is right...Let us handle it.." I said..






III-

As we were about to leave court a very attractive woman approached Dabnis...

"Dabnis Coley...Well I'll be , how long has it been?" said the Woman...

''Vonda...Vonda Mitchell...Wowww ,It has been years..."said Dabnis...

"Me and my son are back in town and I'm working....You still at the firm?" She asked..

''Yeah...I was on a fast track to making partner, but I don't know now.." Dabnis sighed.. Then he said.

"I got married not too long ago..You have a son now?" he asked...

"Yes.. He's pretty big...You're Married? Really?  Anybody I know?" asked Vonda..

He pulled Jasmine to him....

"This is my wife, Jasmine...We just got married a couple of months ago..I believe you two met some years ago..." said Dabnis proudly..

"I remember you...You're an Attorney too...We all met for drinks a few years back...You told me you two were uh just friends....I guess not huh?" said Vonda..

"Well we were just friends  then, but uh our friendship deepened..."said Dabnis..

"Obviously...Well Congratulations are in order... I just started at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt, I'm an Associate Attorney."said Vonda..

"Oh I have a friend a there...

Yvette Jones, she's a Senior Associate Attorney.."said Olivia..

''We've met...We aren't on the same floor though...I've only been back in town about a month, I've been in Atlanta for a few years now..I was an ADA and then I worked at a nice firm.."said Vonda.. ''Wait...You're Olivia Bennett-Alexander aren't you and Beverly West right?" she said..

 "That would be us..
"This is my niece ,Beverly,

 My husband, Donnie Ray, he's my investigator..
 My niece , Beverly's husband, Nelson...My Associate Attorney
and my other Associate Attorney Josie Boyd.." said Olivia..

"They're defending me on a First Degree Murder charge...I've been accused of killing Joseph Turner, but I didn't do it.."said Dabnis..

Upon the mention of his name, her eyes widened....

''Well somebody needed to kill him..If you didn't....I'm sorry to hear about your troubles Dabnis..I wish you luck...You have great attorneys representing you...It was certainly nice meeting all of you."she said and hurriedly walked off..

"I never liked her....Even when you used to date her..I always told you , you could do better."said Jasmine...
''Well, You were right...I did do better...I got you didn't I?"said Dabnis..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu gooood anaswer!  Goood Answer!" said Jasmine, rewarding Dabnis with a sweet kiss..

"Mmmmmmmmmm." she moaned..


 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dabnis you and Vonda Mitchell there, used to be an item ehhhh?" said Beverly, smiling..
"Tell us more.."said Josie..

"Let's go eat....I'll explain everything.."said Dabnis..

We all went back to our place...

We had ordered our lunch orders from an Italian Rooftop restaurant we had all been to weeks before..
UBER EATS had it all there just on time for our return...

I would have liked to have actually of gone to the restaurant, but we were having a working lunch...

Alfreda and

Paris, who stopped by for lunch had everyone's pasta order,


on the table where they were going to sit at when we got there..

Olivia and I, Beverly and Nelson, Josie and Paris and Dabnis and Jazzy...

 "Okay Dabnis...We are here in front of all this good hot food...Spill it.." said Olivia, smiling, trying to lighten the mood..
 We hadn't really expected to win this thing in the preliminary phase..We were prepared for trial..

I simply smiled..
 "So you and her were an item eh?" laughed Beverly as she chowed down on her pasta...
 "Tell em it's none of their business Dabnis...Water under the bridge..."said Nelson, who was busy eating his pasta also..
 ''Awwww you want to know as bad as we do.."said Josie..
 "One of your old girlfriends showed up in court Dabnis?" asked Paris..
 ''Yeah you might say that."sighed Dabnis...
Jazzy was sitting in his lap, feeding him Pasta, saying nothing...Just smiling..She was happy to have him with her and not locked up..

''When I started at that firm...I was the second African-American to be hired.."Dabnis began..

"Vonda had started a year before me...We naturally gravitated towards each other , being the only African-Americans at the firm.. and soon we began dating.. Dating heavily, but as I was to find out, Not dating exclusively...

She called it keeping her options open...I wanted a more permanent relationship...She said she didn't and was dating a  score of men, some Attorneys , Some doctors, Some Judges, some Politicians.."said Dabnis..

''We actually went on a double date..I was dating Palmer Courtland, The Assistant District Attorney at the time...I was still at the Public Defenders Office.."said Jazzy..

 "I remember him...You were crazy about him.." laughed Beverly...
"I remember him too..Shame about him, dying so young in that car accident!"said Olivia..

"Anyway....She caught the eye of the man I'm accused of murdering....

Joseph Turner....and I didn't understand it...She fell for him, fell hard...Left me for him and I guess all of those other guys too..Thing is, Joseph Turner just wanted a taste of Brown sugar, he never intended on a serious relationship like she wanted..

He had a Townhouse here in Philly, He put her up in it...but he really lived in South Jersey...He never took her to meet his family...His parents, Siblings...even close friends...He kept her here...
She complained to me about it...I begged her to leave him...I told her he was a snake and that he was rumored to have a fiancé...She called me a hater and refused to believe it...

Then one day...Joseph got tired of her...Put her out of the townhouse just like that...He gave her time to find a new apartment...but she was out..and he placed another girl in there...An Asian Chick...

Vonda was pregnant!! She told him....He offered to pay for an abortion...She refused....And she turned in her resignation and left Philadelphia...Moved to Atlanta and that was the last anyone saw of her until today..." said Dabnis..

Now I was intrigued..

"You say she's been in town for a month...She mentioned she has a son...That's his son..."I said.

Now wondering...About how old would that boy be now?" I asked.

"Oh 17 or 18....I've never met him."said Dabnis..

"He never had anything to do with the boy?" I asked.

"I doubt it...Not his style..He was a pig....Not the emotional type...He bordered on being a sociopath."said Dabnis..

"Tell Me how you really feel."laughed Olivia..

We all laughed..

 "YESSSSS!" laughed Beverly...
 ''Well the man is giving his honest opinion.."said Nelson.
 "He sounds like he's spot on.."said Josie..
 ''Yeah for real.."said Paris.
 "I mean at the time of his death , he was plotting to leverage our firm out to his much larger national firm." said Dabnis.
 "And would have had you working in Cherry Hill..We couldn't have had lunch together anymore."said Jazzy...
 "Oh you'd be surprised ,what you can work around.."said Alfreda..
 "Aint that right babe?" said Rockland, who joined us..

Kissing Alfreda slowly...
 "So what happens to the takeover now that he's dead?" I asked..

"There is none...Things go back to normal...The deal is off." said Dabnis..


"That gives us a lot of suspects, people who would benefit from his death.."said Olivia..



We continued to enjoy the hot food and Ice Teas..

IV-

At Curly's Bar... AttorneyYvette Jones, ADA Karen Page and Gary Lockwood were having drinks..

 "My girl Olivia is up under it...Having to defend Dabnis on Murder charges.."said Yvette..
"This is Arthur Tragg's vendetta...I'll bet he didn't even look for another suspect.."said ADA Karen Page..

"Probably not..but you've got the victim in Dabnis's car....and Dabnis's fingerprints all over the murder weapon and right after they had had a contentious meeting in his office...I'm not saying it is..but it looks pretty open and shut.."said Gary Lockwood an Investigator with the D.A.'s office..

"You know Dabnis...You don't really believe he killed anybody Gary...He's no killer.." said his girlfriend, Yvette..

"I don't and I hope Donnie Ray can sort this out..Dabnis is an attorney, he knew better than to touch that gun in the front seat of his car..."said Gary..

"I guess it was the shock of it all...A dead body ,in his car..His car being out of the parking garage on the street..."said Karen...

"Dummy up...Trouble just walked in.."said Yvette..

Lt. Tragg strutted in...He was feeling pretty good about himself lately...He strode up to their table..

"Hello Folks..Talk to your girl, Olivia ,Yvette?" he asked.

"I talk to her everyday.."replied Yvette..

''She's up against an ADA , who's not afraid of her and her niece...An ADA who is just as good as she and her niece..Got that Judge recused and battled her and Beverly and Nelson and Josie to a standstill..They actually thought they were going to win this in the prelims..This baby is going to trial..Ha Ha Ha.."He said..

"Is that the ADA who slapped you in the face for sticking your hands up her skirt???...She is tough, huh? "laughed Karen..


Both Gary and Yvette, doubled over in laughter...

Lt. Tragg stomped his foot and stormed off...Everybody had heard the story now and everybody was laughing about it..

He called ADA Yvonne Harris seven times...All seven times ,her phone went to voicemail...He sent 12 texts...None of them was answered..

Night fall....


Everyone was gone...

Olivia was over by the sink....

I lifted her baby doll up and slipped her panties down..

I bent her over the table and entered her doggystyle...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBANNNNDDD!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...YOU ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!!!" I moaned..

We rocked that table so hard...I thought it might fall over...

After about a good HOUR of that...She turned to me, kissed me softly...

"Come to bed Donnie Ray.."she said softly...She picked up her panties and walked toward our room...

I took my shirt and trousers off and my socks and shoes..

and followed her...
We kissed each other softly and slowly....She took her hands and put them in my boxers and felt my rock hard erection..

"You are sooooo hard...ouuuuuuuu..."she laughed as I unhooked her bra..

We stood in the middle of the floor ,kissing...

really kissing and practically devouring each others lips..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu  Donnie Ray….."she moaned..

"Oh my goddddd!..."she moaned softly as we crashed on the bed and we began to make sweet love....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm…" I moaned as the bed began to squeak beneath our combined weight...



"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband, you are sooo hard, soooo huge..." she moaned.....

I was losing my mind slowly....The way I always had when we made love...Olivia was so warm, so soft, sooo wet....I was delirious....

Before long we were making sweet love...Our bed making no noise, our headboard rattling out of control...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray...I love you soooooo much!" she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia, you are driving me crazy.." I moaned..

She turned over and moved herself up and down on me...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I like this .."she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhh not as much as I like it.." I said..

The next FOUR TO FIVE HOURS was incredible...
Both of Olivia's legs were shaking furiously, her head was turning from left to right...she was sweating profusely....

"OH MY GOD!!....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSSSS.  OUUUU WEEE, OUUUU WEEEE..YESSS...YEsSSS….OHHH YESSS DONNIE RAY!!" she moaned..She was having an intense orgasm....

which caused her to kiss me more intensely.....

I was almost angry when I did start cumming….Olivia's screams and whoops seemed to get me more excited and to make me cum harder.....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  Donnie Ray…..you make me cum so hard...." she sighed..

"You make me cum so much,..."  I said..

We both laughed

As we lie in each other's arms...both of our bodies trembling...
We started kissing some more and before we knew it..


We were making love again for the second time...

"I never get enough of you." I moaned..

"I seee." she said and laughed...

ANOTHER THREE HOURS went by before we both climaxed and climaxed hard!


"Wow....what are we going to do about this case...I've got nothing.."Olivia admitted.

"I think I have some angles...We'll be ready by trial.." I said..

"I sure hope so." Olivia sighed..

I hoped so too!

(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments:

Post a Comment