Thursday, August 3, 2023

Gazspachos


Things couldn't have gone worse for Assistant District Attorney Bruce Green in court..

He presented 11 witnesses, 11 Witnesses he thought would solidify his case.. He was wrong, they wouldn't.


Neither he nor Lt. Tragg had vetted these witnesses properly...




Nelson and I had vetted them and we passed the evidence to Tyrell.


Tyrell used the information we gave him wisely...He totally eviscerated all 11 witneses...He exposed six of them as perjurers, who had lied in other cases and mentioned the dates of these cases and the other five so called witnesses didn't exactly see what they said they saw , according to their witness statements, which he had studied...

They had second hand and in some cases, third and fourth hand knowledge... Score one for the defense.!

Judge Lynne was very impressed...She smiled at her former bailiff..


The client, Brian Jarvis was also very impressed..

"Mannnnnnnnnnnn I was sure wrong about you...I was mad at my mama's church members for putting up money and hiring the cheapest lawyer and when I found out this was your first case, I just knew I was headed to death row...but mannnnnn, you're the damn truth... First, you got me freed without bail by taking me to Night court... I didn't even have to wear an ankle bracelet...


Tyrell's adopted "Aunties" Olivia and Yvette had told him about that little trick and how Night Court runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays and is peopled by Older Judges and ADA's who tend to be a little more lenient..

"And now these past few days, you've been eatin this guy up.  Man,...You are alright." said Brian.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence... I'm going to get you off...Just hold on and have faith." said Tyrell.

Bruce Green was losing his faith in Lt. Tragg on the other hand.-

''WHY DIDN'T YOU VET THOSE WITNESSES LIKE I ASKED YOU...EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM WAS TRASH, GARBAGE....I TOLD YOU TO RECANVASS TO GET ME SOME MORE EVIDENCE!!!YOU DIDN'T DO A DAMN THING!!!" screamed ADA Bruce Green..


"I GAVE YOU A GOOD CASE!!! I CAN'T HELP IT IF THE BAILIFF IS GIVING YOU A HARD WAY TO GO....PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND STUDY YOUR LAW BOOKS SONNY BOY!! I AM THE DETECTIVE HERE!!!I DON'T NEED YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE TELLING ME HOW TO DO MY JOB!!" screamed Lt. Tragg.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GREEN? HE'S MAKING YOU LOOK LIKE THIS IS YOUR FIRST CASE, INSTEAD OF HIS.....YOU CAN'T BLAME OLIVIA AND BEVERLY, THEY ARE NOWHERE AROUND....FOR ONCE, THEY KEPT THEIR NOSES OUT OF A CASE...YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MOPPING THE FLOOR UP WITH THIS GUY!" said an Angry Lt. Tragg, who wanted, NEEDED badly to convict this guy and send him away....He hadn't brought in a good case in a long time.. He thought this was the one... He was livid!


"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BRING IN A STRONGER CASE THAN THIS!" yelled ADA Green..

In one sense Lt. Tragg was right..He was off his game..He was tired.. He hadn't been getting proper rest...Up all night stalking Renee Cantrell, which had become an obsession with him


...She wasn't at her apartment complex..


Or the law library..


and she certainly hadn't checked into her office at all in the past few days.


He called her personal phone and it went straight to voicemail...He called her business phone and she informed him that she was on a call with a client and couldn't talk or that phone went to voicemail too!
She even stood him up for a date at Gazpacho's ,one of the most trendy new restaurants in town...Now what woman, what professional Black woman in Philadelphia does that??  The thought that she might be involved with someone was totally foreign to him..

"ORDER!! ORDER!! GENTLEMEN PLEASE!" said Judge Lynne.... "Due to the lateness of the hour..
I'm dismissing court for today...I'll see you back in here tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM sharp..."said Judge Lynne..


"Looks like our boys don't trust each other.." laughed Brian Jarvis..


''At least not today....but be cool, we've got a lot more trial to go..This thing is just getting started. I'll see you tomorrow!" said  Tyrell.

I had been sitting in the back of the courtroom in the visitor's section all morning... Neither Lt. Tragg , nor ADA Bruce Green Noticed me.. I walked up to Tyrell....

"Hey Fella, I've been here the past few days and been reporting back to my wife and the gang...They are all very proud of the job you've been doing... keep up the good work....You drove right?" I asked.

''Yeah, you need a ride Mr. Donnie Ray?" asked Tyrell.

"Uh No...I want you to follow me... I want you to meet someone." I said.

I took him into town to meet my personal Tailor, Sam The Tailor..  I gave Sam some money and he 
 made five suits for Tyrell and one special suit...

I then gave Tyrell some money and showed him sam's collections of colognes.


"You gotta look the part and smell the part Tyrell...You're an attorney now... This is a gift from me to you, an investment in your future... I did this for Nelson, Keith Jones, Kahlil Ahmed, Tony Billips, Paris Boyd and David Charles... 









I didn't have to do it for Dabnis Coley or Ray St. Jacques...



They were to my surprise ,already coming here.." I said. " Sam the Tailor makes suits for 




Gary, Yvette's husband, and Jetty as well as Rockland..." I added.

"No wonder they always look so sharp...I guess I better buy some shoes too." said Tyrell and he bought two new pairs..



" Now Look...I'm a musician on the side and my friends get me reservations at a lot of the hot spots in town..Here are two reservations for that trendy new restaurant, Gazspachos...Take Renee...She'll really
appreciate it...Take her tonight... She 's a girl who enjoys fine dining and she's probably used to fly guys always asking her out and offering to take her to places like that...She's a nice girl....We all like her and I can tell by the way you look at her that you really like her and for more than just sex...Take her to Gazspachos tonight....and here is a little cash to help you out....Do it.. because you got competition... ADA Bruce Green made reservations for her and him tomorrow.. I know she has no plans to go anywhere with him, but wouldn't it be nice if you beat him to the punch just the same?" I asked Tyrell.

"Yeah...it would...Thanks Mr. Donnie Ray!" said Tyrell.. I liked him...He was a good kid.



II-

Back at our office/duplex... We were all getting ready for lunch..

"Donnie Ray was at court today...He said that our boy pitched another shutout and that he was so good..Lt. Tragg and ADA Bruce Green had a screaming and shouting match in the courtroom."said Olivia.

"HAAAAA! I would have paid money to see that."laughed  Beverly...

"At least neither one of them was whining and complaining to us and standing over our table staring at us while we ate and ignored them...I don't miss that." said Nelson..

"I'm with you on that Nelson...Still, I wouldn't have minded seeing those two go at each other." laughed Josie.

Renee was just finishing up her work...


She still had her laptop, her business phone and her personal phone and tablet set up in our conference room..She was no problem at all..

She read her texts...Naturally one was from her most frequent caller.. ADA Bruce Green..

" I really need to see you....Don't forget our date at Gazspachos tomorrow night...Wear something tight and sexy....Bruce."


She sighed..."Hey Bev, Liv is there a dry cleaners around here and a laundromat?  I have some clothes for the dry cleaners and some things I need to wash.." asked Renee.
"Yeah, there is one a few blocks from here.. We are all going to the sandwich shoppe for lunch...You'll pass the block both are on on your way there."said Beverly...

"I'm hungry...Let's go...Donnie Ray can find us...besides...He said he was taking Tyrell to see Sam the Tailor..They'll probably eat something in town." said Nelson.

"You coming Ms. Alfreda." asked Bresha..


"No baby...I've got a few things here I've got to do...but you can bring me one of those pulled roast beef sandwiches." said Alfreda.


They walked to the Sandwich Shoppe.. Renee dropped some clothes off at the Dry cleaners..



They ordered an assortment of sandwiches...



"UMMMMMM THESE ARE SO GOOD!  You guys have everything you need around here.. Three Shopping malls, clubs, a movie theatre...Public Transportation... I love this neighborhood."said Renee.


"These sandwiches are delish." said Beverly..

"Yes they are..I love this place."said Olivia.



"Sure wish they had a place like this around the courthouse..." said Nelson.

"Yeah, that would be cool." said Josie.
"It sure would.."agreed Bresha.

Renee got another text...She looked at her phone..She smiled because this one was from Tyrell..

"Put on a nice dress doll..You and I are going to Gazspachos TONIGHT at 8:00...I've got reservations for two babes." Rell.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu look at you girrrl, you are glowing...That must have been some text..."laughed Olivia.


Renee showed them the text..

"Put on a nice dress doll..You and I are going to Gazspachos TONIGHT at 8:00...I've got reservations for two babes." Rell.

"Aren't you the hot ticket...You've got two invitations to Gazspachos one night after the other."laughed Nelson.


"I'm only going to one silly."laughed Renee..

''Ouuuuuuuu come on girl, We gotta take you to the mall, Get you a new dress."said Josie.

"Maybe Bernadette can squeeze her in for a hair appointment."gushed Bresha,.

"Ouuuu come on..We'll take my car." said Beverly...

''Ahhhh to be single and have two guys jockeying to take me to the newest trendiest restaurant in town." laughed Olivia.

"I don't miss being one of those guys." said Nelson, remembering his competition with Larry North and others for Beverly.
III-


Gazspachios, the city's newest, trendiest restaurant was everything it was said to be..

Renee couldn't believe she was actually here....She had bought a brand new dress for the occassion..




Beverly, Josie and Bresha had taken her shopping. She had bought new shoes, New Lingerie and they had taken her to their favorite hair dresser and had gotten her hair ready for this occasion...


Tyrell had been out too with me..


I took him to my tailor, hooked him up with six new tailored suits, including the one he was wearing tonight..and I took him to my barber..got him a fresh haircut and trim...

"Thank you for bringing me here tonight Tyrell...This place is incredible and you look great..."said Renee.


"You!  You are drop dead gorgeous....Oh My God!" said Tyrell, his eyes bulging out of their sockets...

"I know you're doing well in court...but how are you swinging this? I don't want you to bankrupt yourself trying to impress me..you don't have to do that...I was impressed by you, when I first met you and you told me your story...Plus, I'm already your woman...."said Renee.


"That's right...You're a beautiful woman and I like to take you out...I don't just want to screw you in Olivia's sub-basement.. I want to take you out to nice places...like this.. I've worked steadily..as a Bailiff and now as an Attorney....I'm not broke...Plus, I have good people like Mr. Donnie Ray and his wife, Olivia looking out for me.





"So I want you to enjoy this night...okay?" he said softly..

"Okay!" she said softly...


She kissed him softly and slowly....


They had a delicious meal...





I had suggested a wine for him to order and he did...



I was right...Renee was super impressed with him...


She would not soon forget her night at Gazspachos... It was even more special because it was with Tyrell and not Bruce Green...who would have ruined it with his constant bragging about himself and making her pay the drink tab! Instead, it was a wonderful night.






They stood outside our office duplex kissing passionately for close to THIRTY MINUTES....

"I've never kissed a guy this long in my life.... but I so enjoyed tonight...You made me feel so special..like a queen... The food was delicious and the wine was great..."said Renee.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself..I just wanted you to know I don't take you for granted and let you know I'm grateful for you...I'm grateful you even talk to me, let alone anything else.."said Tyrell..


"You're a nice guy, of course I'd talk to you...." said Renee who took him by the hand, Now come on inside...Help me get out of this dress." she said.

'Well Alright!" said Tyrell..

Renee looked at his  trousers....They were sticking out like a circus tent...

"I thought you might be ready for that..." she said and smiled..

"Myyyyyyyyyyyyyy goodness......." she said, shaking her head as she put the key in the door..


Once inside...The kissing continued....it got hotter, steamier...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she cooed.


Tyrell helped her out of her clothes...and her panties..



"Oh My god....you wear the prettiest, sexiest panties...you drive me crazy...Especially in the morning when I watch you get dressed." he said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she laughed. "I bought these today for this occassion...The matching bra too!" she said..

"Well thank youuuu!" he said..

"Silly..." she giggled..


She gasped as he spread her legs apart and entered her slowly....

"OHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, YOU ARE SO DAMN BIG!!! OUUUUUUUU and HARD!!!!" she said.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU MAKE ME THAT WAY!" he said..


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" she cooed strongly...

They made sweet love for the next FIVE TO SIX HOURS.. 

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH  Tyrell!!!!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  TYRELL!!
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she moaned..as the bed rocked and squeaked louder than it had since they'd begun making sweet love... The headboard creaked and sounded like it might split in half...

"Renee Renee  baby....Oh my goddd this is sooooooooo damn good.." he moaned...

The bed squeaked even louder...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed. She had yet another intense orgasm , that had her crying like a school girl, had her head turning from side to side and had her legs trembling...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU WHYYYYYYY?? WHYYYYYY?? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO IT TO ME SO DAMN GOOD???OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! AWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD WHYYYYY?WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!" she cried out...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEEEEET BABYYYYYY! OUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..

"TYRELL, I'M ABOUT TO CUMMMM!  UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she cried out!

He came so hard, he thought he was about to die.


She lay on top of him ,like she usually did after they had sex....her left foot was still shaking...

"Ummmmmmm Tyrell, I love you..." whispered Renee.

"I love you too baby." said Tyrell...

It couldn't have been a better night if she had made it up herself.. A good meal in a five star restaurant and great sex afterwords...

Tyrell was already fast asleep...Soon she fell asleep too!



IV-


FRIDAY-

The first week of this trial had come to a close.. It was no better for Assistant District Attorney Bruce Green.


For one thing...His main witness did not show up..Not at all.. This caused him much embarrassment and consternation...

Tyrell challenged his forensic evidence or lack of it and made a good argument for a case dismissal.
The Judge denied his motion...

Bruce Green was relieved...He asked for a continuance , so that he could find his witness...He also needed to retool his case...

"I'm not granting you a continuance.. You'll have two days off, Saturday and Sunday to find your witness and retool your case...Make good use of it... It's Twelve Noon... I am recessing the trial for the weekend...Have a nice weekend everybody....Be here Monday at 10:00 AM...Be on time and be ready for trial." said the Judge...

Court adjourned..


Bruce Green sent another text to Renee..



Renee was sitting outside of our office/duplex with everybody piling on the buses.. Her phone vibrated.
It was a text and it was from, who else?...Bruce Green! She didn't understand why he was on her so much.
Renee got the text from Bruce Green-''After the day I had in court today, I could really use some cold drinks, Some hot, exotic food and some quiet conversation with Y-O-U...Tonight at 8:00 PM..I'll meet you there.. Gazspachos... I want to see your face in the place and remember...wear something tight and sexy!-Bruce"

She laughed something fierce....He had no idea she had had a wonderful night at Gazspachos already..Just the night before and felt no need to go back tonight..














Everyone had taken off from work early today and was busy piling on the buses... Tyrell arrived around 1:30 PM and everybody piled on...

We were headed for Nelson's two beach houses at the shore... Instead of going to the No I.D. bar for drinks tonight as we usually did..We decided to leave early....2:00 pm ,so we could get an early start...

We arrived  at 4:30 in the afternoon...This gave everybody time to get their rooms set up and get things rolling..



We all unloaded our suitcases and things and got set up in our rooms..

In house one.. was Olivia and I, Beverly and Nelson, Josie and Paris, Bresha and Tony and Alfreda and Rockland.. we were all on the second floor..



"Since we have to leave Sunday Afternoon, it's good we came down Friday afternoon..."said Olivia.
"Sure is...We have tonight , all day tomorrow and Sunday until about 2:00 pm or 3:00." I said.

'Either way, we get back in time to unload and chill out the rest of the afternoon.." said Beverly..


"Come on, Let's get these grills set up." said Nelson..

"It's good we have tents to set up...just in case it rains." said Josie..

"No rain the forecast....I checked." said Paris.

"Great..because I bought some new bikinis I'm dying to wear tomorrow."said Bresha.

"And I'm dying to see you in it." said her husband, Ray.,


"This is so nice..So relaxing..I plan to just relax on the beach or here....This place has central air..I might just stay here."said Alfreda.

"Anywhere you go, I will follow baby!" said her husband, Rockland.

On the third floor was our good friends, Yvette Jones -Lockwood and her husband, Gary,  Keith Jones, his wife, Beatrice "Bee Bee" Jones,  Sofia Garcia- Ahmed, her husband, Kahlil Ahmed, Jade and Danny Ho and Virginia and Jetty..

" I love this place...Central Air...Comfortable beds..."said Yvette.
"Yeah me too!"said her husband, Gary,....
"As soon as we get set up...Let's go next door.. That's where the beer is and the card games."said Keith Jones.

''Right behind you honey bunny." said Bee Bee.

"Let's go next door..."said Sofia..


"You go ahead.. I'm helping Nelson ,Gary and Donnie Ray set the grills up and the tents.." said Kahlil.

"Ouuu nice..Tents with both grills...We bought a lot of meat..."said Jade..

"Olivia said she wanted to cook it all off before it expired...She had a lot of it in her deep freezer..She needed space." said Danny Ho.

"What are you going to do? Olivia, Vettie , Zoey, Jade, Karen and me are going to play Spades and drink some beer." said Virginia..

After I help Donnie Ray, Nelson, Danny and Gary get the grills started, I guess I'll be here with you guys...The youngins will all probably be next door..That's where the games are."said Jetty.





Each house had a beautiful kitchen and a downstairs area for lounging and hanging out...

Next door in house two

"This is so nice...Wowww...Nelson owns these two beach houses..." said Tyrell.

"His Uncle was Fathead Newton, the gangster.....He used to run West and Southwest Philly... Nelson is the son of his sister...He said he didn't know what his Uncle did until after he graduated from Law School.. His Uncle paid for his College education and his law school lock stock and barrell.  Gave him these two Beach houses as a graduation gift.. Then he got out of the life altogether.. He lives in Paris with his wife." explained Renee.

Tyrell and Renee got their room set up...They were sharing this house with  Jazzy, her husband, Dabnis, Olivia and Beverly's cousin, Kayla, her husband, Ray, Jessica and her husband, Chip, Brooke and Sean, Natalie and David, Karen and her boyfriend, B.L. , and Zoey and Lem...  

This was a couple's retreat, for want of a better word.. Tyrell and Renee liked all of us, and loved the little community we lived and worked in...
"His Uncle is one of the lucky ones...Not many people leave that life without going to prison or an early death....Nelson's Uncle is one of the rare ones...Totally out of the game."said Jazzy.

"That notwithstanding... He left him two great Beachfront residences...With enough rooms to accomodate all of his friends."said her husband, Dabnis.
"And I for one am glad for it and glad he's my cousin in law." said Kayla.

"Yeah, he's my bud."said Ray.
"I've got the games set up in the living room and tables and chairs for card games." said Jessica.



"Crank up the music and let the games begin.." said her husband, Chip..

"I could use a cold one right now.."said Brooke.

"Take your pick baby doll." said  Sean










There was plenty of Beers and Sodas on Ice....


"I smell the Burgers and the Dogs on the grill...You hungry baby?" asked Natalie..
"Hungry and Thirsty.." said David..


"Well Make yourself a plate... Everything is cooking. "said Karen, who had helped me, Gary, Tony,B.L., Paris, Nelson, Keith and Kahlil.. with the preparation of the meats.

"Oh Look, More Food!" said a smiling B.L.






Beverly, Josie and Alfreda brought Bowls of Pork and Beans, Creamy Pasta Salad and Cole Slaw into both houses..

For everyone to eat with their meats..




Everybody was going to chow down today and tomorrow and Sunday..


"Oh my God, I don't know where to start first.."said Zoey...

"I'm goin for that seafood and the beer." said Lem.


Alexa was set up in both houses with a wide selection of Classic R& B, Neo Soul ,Smooth Jazz and Classic Hip Hop on the play list...


There was Backgammon
Chess


and cards for those who played Spades, Poker, Bidwhist  and or Pinocle..

And the food... Tyrell and Renee's eyes grew as wide as saucers...when they saw multiple grills set up with Burgers and Dogs..




Chicken and steaks and Hot Sausages..

and especially the Seafood grill.....

"Before we got married, Me and Keith and Sofia and Kahlil lived about six blocks away in some apartment buildings... Jade lived across the street from us...We had grills on our rooftop and we used to have parties just like this all during the summer and practically everybody you see here, except Brooke, Sean, Natalie and David, who we didn't know yet...used to come."said Bee Bee.


"Really?  So you guys have been hanging out for a long time, even before you all lived on the same block huh?" said Renee.

"Oh yeahhh, even before we all started working in the Bridge Building...We knew each other, we worked together and we just hung out together..."said Sofia.


"That is sooo cool, all of you guys are sooo cool." said Tyrell.

''So tell us girrrll...How was Gazpacho's last night..?? I heard you two were big timing it!" asked Jazzy...


"It was wonderful!" said Renee ,leaning her head on Tyrell's shoulder.

Tyrell hugged her..






"AWWWWWWWW!" said Beverly, Josie and Bresha in unison.

"Dish Girl Dish.." said Kayla..

''Yeah, Beverly told me you got photos on your phone." said Bee Bee
"Ouuuuu yes." said Sofia..

"Ouuu, I wanna see." said Natalie..

IT WAS EIGHT  THIRTY PM- FRIDAY NIGHT!


And in Philadelphia at Gazspachos at this very minute!!!

"I'm sorry Mr. Green, but we are going to have to cancel your reservation....This is the second cancellation in two weeks...We are not going to hold a reservation for you unless both you and your date confirm!" said the Waiter.


ADA Bruce Green was livid!  he sent Renee a very angry text-

"Ms. CANTRELL ! YOU HAVE BLOWN IT WITH ME!... YOU HAD A CHANCE FOR FINE DINING, THE NEWEST TRENDIEST RESTAURANT IN PHILADELPHIA WITH ME....AN UP AND COMING ,ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY....AND YOU BLEW IT..YOU STOOD ME UP A SECOND TIME...THERE WILL NOT BE A THIRD TIME...IN FACT I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I WILL ENDEAVOR TO REQUEST YOUR COMPANY AGAIN.... I JUST HOPE YOUR GIRLFRIENDS, ALL OF WHOM HAVE HUSBANDS CAN KEEP YOU WARM IN BED AT NIGHT THE WAY I COULD.. YOUR LOSS!" -Bruce.


When Renee read this... She howled with laughter before showing the text to everyone else...He had no idea she had been at Gazspacho's the night before and as for someone keeping her warm in bed at night.. Tyrell was taking care of that end, quite well..
(CONCLUSION NEXT)

5 comments:

  1. That was sooo beautiful, He made her feel so special. And I like the way everybody chipped in (Beverly, Josie and Bree)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He took her out for a nice night and she made sure HE had a nice night afterwords! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they both got equal enjoyment out of the night... Donnie Ray is a prince, the way he has helped the young attorneys with their attire and comporting themselves in court... It's great the way these guys and gals all support one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame this is Fiction and we as people don't support each other like this for real! Great Story Just the same Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties and bra to the ceiling...The lovemaking between these two is HOTTTTTT!

    ReplyDelete