Thursday, August 24, 2023

A Judge Bearing A Gift


 MONDAY MORNING- COURT ROOM C- 9:00 AM.

This was ironically the same courtroom Karen had been practicing in under Judge John Cappodocio..that she was tossed out of into the cooler..How Ironic for her to be back and this time with the very Judge who tossed her out as a client and a murder suspect...


The Judge nervously held Karen's hand....She could feel his sweat...

He was as contrite and humble as she'd ever seen him and she knew him as far back as PENN LAW SCHOOL!
"Well this was quick..Your hubby and his contacts got the job done..He found a judge and got us an arraignment as fast as any I've ever seen.."laughed Brooke.

"He handles himself around the courthouse and the system quite well, amongst other things."Natalie said seductively, remembering this morning...early this morning..
On the side of our bed.....

and in the bathroom, over the sink...

and finally, in the shower...


I thought about our morning together...It was a wonder we got dressed and made it to the courthouse on time...but here we were.
Judge Jane Lynne was presiding...She had presided over several cases our friends had been on...She was a good and fair Judge...


Lt. Tragg, the arresting officer sat with his arms folded..Just glad neither Olivia or Yvette's teams were involved in this case.

Snarky Prosecutor, Bruce Green was prosecuting this case... He had been on the losing side against Olivia and Beverly and their crew recently 


 












and Ms. Yvette and her team 



 






 



and especially against former baillif turned attorney, Tyrell Jones...  He didn't want to lose this one..





"Your Honor, for the second time, the second time in two weeks, this man, this JUDGE has found himself arrested and charged with a major crime...First Sexual Assault of a woman and NOW...NOW...
FIRST DEGREE MURDER OF ANOTHER WOMAN....If released...IF RELEASED..I FEAR THIS MAN WILL BE A MENACE TO EVERY WOMAN WALKING THE STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA!" said ADA Bruce Green in his now over dramatic style..

"Your Honor, Your Honor...The Assistant District Attorney is laying on the sauce a bit...First of all those sexual assault charges were simply the result of a relationship misunderstanding... An Agreement was made and those charges were dropped...This is a whole nother matter... We are operating under the assumption of innocence...This is still the United States of America.. My client is still assumed to be innocent until proven guilty... He is a Judge, like yourself, an officer of the court...He has no prior criminal record and is not a flight risk...He would like nothing better than to have his day in court to face these egregious and outrages charges." I argued..

For the first time, Judge Cappadolio smiled.

"DAMN, HE'S GOOD!  I COULDN'T HAVE MADE A BETTER  ARGUMENT!" he whispered to Karen, who smiled.

Karen smiled and shook her head,....She was so glad to have me on her team...

"He is something else....Brooke girl, you have no idea how aroused I am right now." whispered Natalie.

Brooke laughed.., "You two crack me up...You both turn each other on so much! " she said.

They presented five charactor witnesses a piece....Ten witnesses in all..

Judge Jane Lynne made her ruling...

"You are an officer of this court and I have known you for several years...For that reason I am releasing you on your own recognizance.. but you are to wear this ankle monitoring bracelet..







"As a Judge, you know the drill...Your curfew is 11:00 AM during the week and 12:00 Midnight on weekends and you are not to leave Philadelphia without permission from the court." she said.

"Yes I know...Thank you your honor." said John Cappadolio. he was relieved to be out of that jailhouse in which he had spent five days and hungry...

"Let's go to Sam Mother's...Breakfast is on me." he said..



Lt. Tragg didn't say anything, but he looked at Me, Natalie, Brooke and Karen as we left the courthouse with our client.









At Sam Mother's Diner, We all had hot heaping servings of Cheese Grits with Shrimps, Buttermilk biscuits with Gravy...Hash Browns and hot coffee...


"Awwwww this feels good...A nice hot breakfast....Real food, not that jailhouse sludge....FREEDOM!"said the Judge.


"Thanks for Breakfast Your Honor." I said.


"THANK YOU FOR THAT BRILLIANT SUMNATION!! Brooke, Natalie, thank you girls too for your charactor witnesses and your great sumnations also." said the Judge..

"You're welcome your honor." said Brooke.
"You're welcome your honor." said Natalie.

"Karen, you've got a great bunch of lawyers working for you..." said the Judge..


"Thank you...They are gems." said Karen, looking at us and smiling...

''You, Olivia and Yvette 



all have surrounded yourself with young up and coming talent.. You three are still tight after all these years... WOW! That's nice." he said.


''You were all in law school together?"asked Natalie.

"We were...but I was a little ahead of them...They were first year law students when I met them...I was in my final year.." he explained..


Lt. Tragg walked in just then and naturally, stopped at our table...

''Well Judge, you haven't been convicted yet, and already you've requested the services of the Wrongful Conviction Unit....What does that say?" he laughed.


"It says I know good talent when I see it and I'm exercising my right to the attorneys of my choice.."said  John Cappadolio.


"Just a week ago, he had tossed you in the cooler Karen and now you're repping him?  Something tells me one of the Judge's many politician friends called in a favor of some kind."laughed Lt. Tragg.

Karen winced...She looked uncomfortable..She had promised State Senator Langdon Hughes she would keep his involvement secret..She wished Lt. Tragg would  go away.


"You ever get tired of being a pain in the ass?" asked Judge John Cappadolio...


"Interesting perspective!" I said loudly..


"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" my wife Natalie laughed out loud.....

Brooke broke out into gales of laughter.....

"WHY DON'T YOU GO STUFF YOUR MOUTH WITH A SLICE OF PIE AND LEAVE US ALONE?" said the Judge....



Lt. Tragg was as red as a beet...He angrilly stomped his foot and stormed over to the counter, away from us.


II-


We caught the train back to our building...


We met in our conference room..

"Nice set up you have here Karen, you got each of your staff members their own office...I'm sure they like that...I had heard when you first got this assignment...You had a shoe string budget...You didn't even have an office down here...Now you've got a suite that takes up a third of this floor.."said John.

"Sucess gives you leverage to ask for concessions." said Karen.

"Ha Ha Ha...We think just alike." laughed John..

"Maybe on some things."said Karen..






Natalie and I and Brooke walked in and took our seats...


Josie's husband , Paris would be aiding us as our Para-legal once again...and Yvette's husband, Gary Lockwood would be our investigator on this case.

"John this is Paris Boyd. He's our para-legal and this is Gary Lockwood, our investigator....They'll both be helping us." said Karen..  "Now I want you to tell me everything and I mean everything about this situation...."said Karen...


"Venita's husband William Johnson was trying a case in my courtroom...He was a bit bombastic and very disrespectful... After several verbal battles between us , I tossed him in the cooler for the night...
Venita was in the hallway as the bailiffs dragged him away...She was very flirtatious...We wound up going out for drinks and one thing led to another and the next thing I know..We wound up in my townhouse, making love well into the morning...." he said.




Brooke, My wife Natalie and Karen all breathed in deeply and looked at each other in disgust...


I looked at Paris...
Paris looked at me and smiled..
Even Gary smiled a  bit..

The Judge continued..  " Bill Johnson was released from the Cooler the next morning and the trial continued without incident... His wife , Venita continued to call me and we met in several hotel and motel rooms over the next six months when we could for sex....I know it was wrong to sleep with another man's wife..but I couldn't help myself after that first time...I was hooked." he said.


"Is there anyway Mr. Johnson might have known about your affair with his wife before recently?" asked Natalie.


"I don't think so...I don't see how he could...We were very careful...Very careful...We always used Hotels and Motels in South Jersey and we never used our real names and except for maybe one time..We always paid in cash....She was very fastiduous...That's why when that cop found those panties in my bedroom, I knew right then and there it was a plant....She never, never, ever left her panties behind...unlike some ladies you know." he said.


"No, I wouldn't know about that!" said Natalie..

Brooke held her head down to hide the fact that she was laughing.

"I read the police report...Those panties had dried semen stains on them and in them...They weren't fresh....meaning she had worn them some days before.." said Gary..

"Yes, a week before... The day after my sexual assault case was cleared up...I believe , she was over my townhouse... Look...she always carried an extra pair of panties in her purse... After we had sex..she took a hot shower and put on the extra pair and put those pair in her purse when she left here...I am certain of it.." said John Cappadolio.

"Such attention to detail." whispered Brooke..
Karen smiled and playfully nudged her....


"If that's so and it was THAT long ago...Then these panties were more than likely in a hamper...at her HOME!!" said Gary....


''What about the Cyanide? Cyanide laced in her Pomegranate Martini..." I asked.


"Look, I don't know where that Bottle of Cyanide came from...You can check my computer, check my laptop, check my credit and debit cards... I didn't order any cyanide or search for where the stuff was made...I didn't and if I did...I'm a Lawyer...I know about evidence......Do you think I'd be stupid enough to leave it right under my sink, so the cops could come and find it like that?   And would I leave a pair of her panties on my bed, which was made up? Come on now...I may be a womanizer, I may be somewhat of an asshole...but I'm not stupid." he said..

''You lent her your juicer and your pitcher and your recipe to make Pomegranate Martinis correct?"asked Brooke.
"Two days before she died...It was the last time I saw her...Yes, I lent it to her...She loved those Martini's, So I lent it to her and instructions on how to make em...She was supposed to return that stuff to me the day I was arrested.  I didn't even know she was dead until that Jackass ,Lt. Tragg told me after he found that stuff.  He said he got an anonymous tip... He knew right where to go to find the Cyanide and the panties..Guess it was a good tip." said the Judge,.

''Yes, TOO GOOD! Sounds like the neatest frame ever , even down to the detective ,whoever decided to call with the information."said Gary.

"How about that?" said Natalie.

"Here's what I want you to do....Check yourself into a hotel...Use your own name...Ideally you'll find a hotel with an indoor parking lot so your car is off the street...."said Karen..

"This is a Portal...



We will give you daily updates on how your case is progressing up until the trial.."said Brooke.


"Write this number down..."It's a burner phone.."said Natalie..


 "Don't call this office , don't call our personal phones or our business numbers...You contact us on this phone and this phone only.." she said.

"I will....and look, I want to do something for you guys...I've got uh 40 tickets to a Camden Riversharks game in Camden tomorrow night, A Charitable organization gave them to me., Trying to boost attendance at their games....I was supposed  to pass these out to the ADA's and maybe some other Judges, but hell, you guys deserve this more.. You're friends with Olivia and Yvette and her crew, pass em out to them...It'll be a good time...Tomorrow night....You'll enjoy it." said the Judge..


"Heyyyyyyyy alright!" I said...

''He's Alright!" said Paris.


Karen just smiled..


So did Brooke
And so did Natalie...



Judge John Cappadollio kept his car in his garage, So Lt. Tragg and his men couldn't put trackers on it..He went home took a nice hot shower and changed his clothes and packed an overnight bag and took off.. He booked himself in a hotel, not too far from our building...Walking distance... That was smart..

This had been quite a beginning of the week...

III-


TUESDAY AFTERNOON-

We were all in Camden , NJ for a Baseball game...Nothing is more fun than a semi pro baseball game in the summer... 

I was glad Judge Cappadollio didn't waste those tickets.. We all managed to sit together, Which is damn near impossible in Philly....We took up four rows.

Karen laid her head in her boyfriend, TV HOST B.L. BENZ's arms tonight..
Karen even succeeded in getting B.L. to take a night off and come out to the baseball game tonight..He looked so happy.

"This is sooo nice..The Judge actually did something good for us." said Natalie.
"Yeah, well we did something good for him too! We got him out of jail.."I laughed..

'' Yeah David is right...This is the least he could do, but it was a nice gesture."said Brooke.
"I guess it's hard to get a crowd out to a semi pro -game...but it is a good time." said Sean. 



"Thank you guys so much for inviting Us." said Olivia.
 

"Yeah thanks for inviting all of us..This is nice." said Donnie Ray.
"This is sooooooo cool and on a Tuesday Night too! What would we usually be doing tonight?" asked Beverly, smiling...


"Laying across the bed, watching TV, talking and screwing eventually." said her husband, Nelson.


Josie didn't hear what Nelson said to Beverly but she said the same thing... A Tuesday Night, we'd be laying across the bed, watching TV, talking and screwing eventually."

"Yup...we can do that tomorrow night!"laughed her husband, Paris.



"This is nice isn't it bae/" asked Bresha.
"Oh yeaaaaaah, this is hella cool." said her husband Tony.....

"A Tuesday Night?  Normally  you'd have my panties on the floor and my legs up in the air."laughed Alfreda...

''We may still do that!"laughed Rockland.
 

"This is so nice...A Tuesday Night.." said Yvette. 
"I know...."I guess it's hard to get a crowd out to a semi pro -game...but it is a good time." said Gary.

"This is cool, even if it is a Semi -Pro Game."said Keith Jones

"I'm just happy to have something to do on a Tuesday Night, rather than sit at home."said Bee Bee.

"Yeah, this is so nice and relaxing.."said Sofia..


'And the good thing is..We don't have to drive..We are all riding home on Olivia's nice air conditioned buses."said Kahlil.
"All of you will be asleep by the time the bus pulls up in front of  our doors." said Jade, laughing...

"A guy gave tickets to Sissy and her detectives, See them over there." said Danny Ho.

"I see them "said Virginia, waving..

''Wowwwww, everybody is here." said Jetty, also waving.

"Renee, living where we live and hanging with this group of people is hella fun." said Tyrell..


"It sure is..."said his girlfriend Renee. 

''Pass that Popcorn Hubby." said Jazzy.
 
"Here you go." said Dabnis...
'Nothing like Hot Buttered Popcorn at a Baseball game." said Kayla.
"Nothing like Cold Cold Beer." said her husband, Ray..

"This is sooooooooo nice...A Nice way to spend a Tuesday Night."said Jessica.
"I heard that Judge who tossed Karen into the cooler , who she's now defending on a murder charge scored these tickets."said Chip.


"That's the least he could after what he put her through."said Zoey.
"Well, she's defending him on a murder charge and she got him out on arraignment today...I suppose all things are even." said her husband, Lem.




We all had Hot Buttered Popcorn, Hot Dogs and Cold Beer....What better to have at a Baseball game..

Someone had lent Sissy Van Buren and her detectives tickets to this game also and she had called Olivia , asking if sshe could use one of her buses to transport her team to the game..She was pleasently surprised when Olivia said that she and her entire block was also attending the game.

''That was so nice of Olivia, lending us one of her buses for the game.."said Sissy.
"It was...We are all out here tonight.."said her husband, Eddie C.

"I guess it's hard to get a crowd out to a semi pro -game...but it is a good time." said ADA Keith Wallace.
'They have a nice crowd tonight."said Carlotta.
"I've heard these games are fun...We should get out to see more." said Tyriq, who was there with his wife, Sirena and their three children.
''Yeah , we don't do enough as a  family." said his wife, Sirena.
''Having a good time?" asked Jimmy to his wife, Angie.
"I am indeed...I'm glad to see Olivia and Yvette and all of them here...Reminds me of old times when we used to all commiserate in Sam Mother's Diner."said Angie.
"Back before Lt. Tragg just made it unbearable to eat there...We have our own cafeteria now and I hear all of them have their own cafeteria in the Bridge Building, where they work." said Hop.
"Yeah... Except for Jpsies and maybe Aqua Bar and Stoleys we don't hang out together anymore.. I hate that."said Sharon.
"Damn Lt. Tragg, We should all just start going to Sam Mother's Diner again..All of us like we used to do and not just when he's on the boat."said Duke.

"Nahhhh, he's unbearable...even to a crowd....And I have to work the streets with him..."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, his wife and coroner, taking a rare night off...


A good time was had by all this night....


A little before midnight...Everybody was home now, safe and sound after enjoying a great game and a great night out..





I was glad to be home, alone with my Natalie..




"Did you have a good time tonight?" asked Natalie..

"The Best time....I guess that Judge aint so bad after all." I said.


"Maybe not but a week ago , before he got in all this trouble, do you think he would have been so judicious in his giving,."laughed Natalie...who gazed at my trousers, which were standing out like a circus tent..

"Your problem is....you gotta learn to trust people." I said in between more kisses.

"I trust my friends, like You, Brooke,Sean, Olivia, Ms. Yvette, Jazzy, Kayla, Beverly...all the people we were at the game with tonight." said Natalie in between more kisses.

I took her in his arms and kissed her passionately....She giggled..

"David?" she asked.

"Yes?" I said.

"Did I get you like this when we were working at the Public Defenders Office...?" she asked.

"Oh Yes...Especially If you wore a mini skirt or a tight form fitting dress...always...I hid it a little better then." I said  in between hot smouldering kisses..

"Much better.....I mean , it's quite obvious now....even at work....Myyyyyy goodness..."laughed Natalie..

"What can I say? You're sexy.." I said.

"You obviously think so..." she laughed.continuing to kiss me...

"Every man who's ever gazed at you thinks so." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu what you'll say to get some..." she laughed, obviously blushing...


I helped her out of her clothes and she in turn helped me out of mine....

"OH MY LAWD...LOOK AT YOU!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned and put her hand over her mouth...
We continued kissing passionately...She softly stroked me....

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NATALIE." I moaned.


I  slipped her panties down...  "AWW NAT, I really like these" I replied..

"Have I got a pair you don't like?" she asked.

"Not that I've seen so far..Where do you get all of these pretty panties and matching bras?" he asked.

"Girl has to have some secrets.." she giggled..



 I lifted her up and entered her slowly and softly.....driving her crazy.... "OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAVIDDDDDDDD! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she yelled out.....
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NAT....NATTTTTT!" I yelled out as I thrusted into her faster and faster..She was so wet......


I placed her on the bathroom sink, spread her legs and entered her again, slowly and softly, driving her up the wall, sweat pouring down her face, her head turning from side to side and tears flowing freely down the side of her face... her body trembling something fierce...She had an orgasm the likes she had never had before....She slapped my face....

"I'm sorry...I just got carried away." she said.

"That's alright.." I said..
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! I'M SURPRISED YOU HAVEN'T CUM YET!"she moaned..riding me on the side of the bed...




"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWD NAT! ALMOST...OUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMM ALMOST!" I moaned..as I spread her legs and entered her missionary style..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAVID!!!!" she cried out, her legs shaking, her whole body trembling...
"UMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned. "I LOVE YOU!" I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed..."I LOVE YOU TOO!" she said.
FOUR TO FIVE HOURS of slow sensual lovemaking slowly drifted by....with us both climaxing almost together...our bodies trembling!


She lie on top of me, catching her breath....

"Now this was a perfect night.WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!" she said.

She gave me a nice wet juicy kiss....

"Can't get no better" I said as we both drifted off to sleep.



IV-


The next day in our conference room...Brooke, Natalie and I were in our conference room going over the Autopsy report, the few witness statements that there were and crime scene photos...


"Last night was great, a baseball game in Camden, All of our friends and associates there...Those are things memories are made of... I took pictures." said Brooke.

"So did I..A Tuesday Night...Which leaves us with Wednesday Night, What to do?" laughed Natalie.



''Well everybody I talked to on the t rain said they were just hanging out at home tonight..but a few of us might drive up to the Food Court and grab a few slices of pizza around Eight or Nine..." I said.


"You won't believe this, but Josie and I were still hungry after we got home from the game last night...We drove up to Jakes and got two hot dogs..." said Paris...



Paris had his laptop with him...He was helping us look up Predicates, Laws from like cases, Laws pertaining to this case...He was also looking up previous cases of ADA Bruce Green and certain rulings he used.. We wanted to be up on all of his tricks.


"You guys drove all the way up to Jakes?  You two had a lot of energy....HAHAHAHAHA" I laughed.
Nah tonight, I'm just about going to the Food Court and grabbing a few slices of Pizza tonight." I said.


"Sounds like fun.. We can take my car if you're down."said Brooke.


"That'll work." said Natalie..  "Hey Where's Boss Lady?" asked Natalie..


"She went to the food truck to grab some coffee's." I said.



Karen was at the food truck getting coffee...






''Hey Gary...I was just getting some coffee for the guys...I didn't know you were coming." said Karen.


''That's alright!  I did  little digging..  It appears the Judge was wrong...About how careful he and Venita Johnson was..They used a credit card more than once... They checked into a South Jersey Motel once, using her credit card and again, accidentally using her husband's credit card....It was 4 months ago...No way he wouldn't have seen this motel bill on his card not only for one night, but they ordered take out food on it too!.. Bill Johnson would have had to have seen it and put two and two together, that his wife was having an affair.. Oh and another thing....That Cyanide...It's manufactured by the Tug of War Armaments company.... A quasi legal corporation that sells guns, explosives and other weapons of death to terrorists and other unsavory people... William Johnson was representing them in a law suit....in Judge Cappodocio's court....The same trial where the good judge tossed William Johnson in the cooler for the night... A google search and a check of Bill Johnson's credit history shows....HE ORDERED THAT BOTTLE OF CYANIDE from that company...right after the trial..." said Gary.

Karen felt a cold chill creep down her spine!

(CONCLUSION NEXT)

7 comments:

  1. I love it...The Mysterious Twist, Didn't see this coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I didn't think he was the guy!! What a twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What A Twist! Can't wait for the finale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Baseball Game was Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you showing this group doing all these things together...That Baseball game was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Story, Great Twist at the end! Loved the Baseball Game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES TO THE SKY!

    ReplyDelete