Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Wicked Games

TUESDAY MORNING-

We had just wrapped up a big murder case the week before and today, we were working a Wrongful Conviction case..,.
We were all assembled downstairs in our building's ultra modern conference room with our good friends from the city's WRONGFUL CONVICTION/CONVICTION INTEGRITY UNIT ,  Assistant District Attorney Karen Page, and her staff attorneys...Brooke Marks, Natalie Charles and her husband, David Charles and INNOCENCE PROJECT ATTORNEYS, Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows...It was always a pleasure working with them...
"Hi everybody....In front of you are copies of the case file of our clients...A man and a woman , both convicted of murder and kidnapping, who have been locked up since 2010 on charges we now believe were bogus.. Tomorrow , we are going to Valhalla Women's Correctional Facility to see the woman, SERENA BENSON....Her male co-defendent, JOSHUA CHARLES, no relation to our favorite newlywed couple over there is awaiting transfer from Stanga State Prison to our holding facility....The arresting officers in this case was none other than Dominic Evans and our favorite Lieutenent, Arthur Tragg, then Sgt. Arthur Tragg...The Judge was Joseph Menken.."said Karen...

 

"Oh My Godddd on both fronts...We just finished trying a case in Menken's courtroom... He's a pig....he made no bones that he favored the Prosecution...He over ruled us on every front and then had the audacity to hit on me sexually while we were waiting for the jury to return with a verdict...He called me in to his chambers and said that my team was more than likely going to lose this case and when we did..If I agreed to go out to dinner with him and sleep with him afterwords...He would suspend the sentence and sentence the boy to community service...A convicted murderer...Ohhhh I was never so appalled."said Ms. Yvette...
"When the jury came back with a "Not Guilty" verdict...He looked like he had swallowed a canary..."I said, laughing..
"Usually the ADA asks for the jury to be polled...He asked for the jury to be polled and polled them on all four counts...When they all to a man said "Not Guilty" , he looked like he had aged ten years."said Bee Bee , laughing....
"He is just a disgusting pig....Bias and unprofessional.....All during the trial...I caught him staring at Bee Bee and I...Our legs, our cleavage and just smiling.....He was barely paying attention to the testimony."said  Sofia..
"And he talked to me and Keith like we were children...Like we didn't go to law school for four years and pass the bar ,like we haven't been practicing now for a number of years...He talked down to us like he didn't think we could understand basic principles. "said a mildly irritated Kahlil.
"It wasn't a very good experience."said Jade.
"I see it wasn't....Hopefully we won't have to see him or Lt. Tragg in our hearing...We may have to go to court though...Right now I'm not sure."said Brooke.
"Or the entire hearing can be held here...with a judge of our own choosing and us..Like we have been doing."said Natalie, who was holding her new husband, David's hands under the table and jokingly, keeping his hands from going up her skirt..
''We may need Lt. Tragg to testify...but that would be in court...Not here."said David.
"He's been here before...In this conference room...but that was before Yvette and her crew and Me and Chip were working here..He has no idea we work in this building..."said Jessica.

We had bagels and cream cheese, Pastries, Coffee and Doughnuts delivered to our conference room...

"Yeah....or you guys... He is still clueless."said Chip.



 A nice continental breakfast.....

''Where is Jetty?" asked Bee Bee.
"Isn't he supposed to be down here?" asked Sofia.
"Nah, we don't really need him right now...If I know right , he's up in your suiite...I never seen a man so lovesick over his new wife...Then again...Maybe I have." said Natalie, 
smiling and peering at her husband, David,,
"Can't say I blame him....Natalie is fine." I whispered to Kahlil..
"No argument there buddy!" laughed Kahlil.

And upstairs in our suite...Virginia and Jetty were kissing passionately....
"Jetty don't you have somewhere you're supposed to be right now?" asked Virginia softly in between kisses...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ,I have someplace I'd rather be....In your panties!" he moaned as they continued to kiss....


"OUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SOOO NASTYYYY!  That's not going to happen until we get home tonight....OUUUUUUUUU!" said Virginia, laughing..


The kisses were getting to Virginia..she was getting aroused....
Jetty eased her dress up and moaned...staring at her pretty thong..

"AWWWWWWWW OH MY GOD!!! WHEN DID YOU GET THESE?" he asked..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU JETTY, pull my dress back down... I got it when we all went to the Bayside Mall, where we are going again this weekend.."said Virginia..."Pull my dress down..."she demanded..
They kissed a little longer....
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm." Jetty Moaned..

Virginia eased out of his embrace...and wiped her lipstick off his face and his lapel with a wet towel...He watched as she reapplied her lipstick..

"Go on downstairs...They're probably waiting for you in the conference room." she whispered..


II-


Gary took a nice hot shower...put on a nice fragrance and got dressed...

He was off today...He didn't feel like being alone so he got on the train and rode to his wife's building..

He took his files to the cafeteria at the Bridge Building where we all worked...He knew he'd see somebody and he did..

In the cafeteria... He saw Jazzy and Kayla..His neighbors and his wife's contemporaries..
"After two weekends sitting at home I'm glad we have something planned for this weekend...

Your cousin Bev was always good, even in college and law school of planning things for us to do."said Jazzy.
''Yes, she always has been..That's why I love my cousin....She always got us into mayhem, even when we were little girls"giggled Kayla..  "We are all going to Brunch at No I.D. Bar of course.. Then we are heading to the Bayside Mall....The Guys even want to go....and then..after drinks and lunch at that sportsbar they all went to..We are going to the rink..Where 5 dj's will be spinning...That's a nice Saturday huh?" said Kayla..

"Yeah, followed by Church on Sunday and Super Brunch at Josie's...That's fine."said Jazzy.
"Heyyy Gary, what are you doing here today?" said Jazzy..

"Hey girls...Where are your husbands? and where is everybody else?" asked Gary..

"You mean like your wife and her crew? They're downstairs in the conference room with Jessie and Chip and Karen, Brookie, Natalie and David.. working another wrongful conviction case. Our husbands are all in court...They should be here shortly..."said Kayla.

"You're off today...but I see you have all of those files.. What are you working on?" asked Jazzy..

"This guy...He's a judge...I think there is something dirty about him...I'm doing a little digging into his background..

"That's "Dirty Joe" Menken...I know him....He hit on me a number of times when I was an Assistant District Attorney, but here was the thing.. I had three cases...Three cases in which I won convictions. And when it came time for sentencing...He gave all three guys community service..These guys deserved hard time...They were convicted of serious crimes..I didn't understand it..For a long time I thought it was money...Maybe they bribed him...but two of these guys were as broke as a dead dick dog ..that wasn't it..I didn't know what it was,." said Jazzy.
"He asked me my cup size...and palmed my butt...And he was so handsy the time we were in a hearing together, that I got up and moved."said Kayla..

"Yeah, he's a nasty old dog...He hit on my wife last week during her trial,said that if their client was found guilty and she agreed to sleep with him, he'd only sentence him to community service and therapy...Her client was accused of First Degree Murder...Imagine that?" said Gary..
"It all makes sense now...If you've got something to trade, a sexy ,attractive wife, a sexy attractive attorney you get community service...Nothing to trade, you get a stiff sentence... Wowwwwwwwww
and he's probably been doing this for years...Hard to prove though..unless the women would come forward.. And they wouldn't because he's already gotten their husbands a get out of jail free card."said Jazzy.
Gary showed them the work up he'd done on Judge Menken..

JOSEPH MENKEN-

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Northeast High School

B.A. in Public Administration from Temple University..

J.D.- Widener University School of Law

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania/New York/New Jersey/Deleware

Was at one time a State Senator, Republican Party..

Sat on several committees, including Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Community Economic & Recreational Development, and Judiciary. Before that, he served as the Assistant District Attorney under Deputy D.A. Lucas Fuente's staff.

Has been a sitting Judge for many years.


"He has sent a number of defendents to prison with lengthy sentences....Okay, nothing weird there, but look at all of the defendents convicted of the same offense , who got community service and suspended sentences....Some of these guys deserved hard time..."said Gary....Now take a look at the defendents, he's granted leniency to.... ALL of them are young, white, very attractive women... or the male defendents have very young attractive wives." said Gary...

"OUUUUUU My three cases...One was a woman in her twenties, another was a man in his thirties, but he had a very attractive wife...She didn't even come to the sentencing...She was outside crying..I remember...I was crying too, because her husband, who deserved to go to jail was getting off practically scott free and I had worked so hard  on that case ...and the other guy was young too and had a very pretty wife...I never put it together then."said Jazzy..
"You could be on to something there Gary..."said Kayla.

Just then, Dabnis,Jazzy's husband returned from court with his new para-legal, Paris and Kayla's husband, Ray returned from court with his protoge', Attorney Tony Billips.
"Hey ladies...Gary..We are back...I'm hungry...Had a good day in court."said Dabnis..
"I learned a lot today."said Paris.
"Wait until you try a case on your own... I'm prepping my man Tony up for his first real case."said Kayla's husband, Ray.
"Man, I'm Jazzed after watching you and Dabnis in court today....Heyyy Gary." said Tony.
"Hey guys...Heyyyyyyy sexy.." Gary said to his wife Yvette, who was entering the cafeteria with her crew...
"Heyyyyyyyy Honey Bunny."said Yvette.
giving Gary a sweet ,soulful kiss....
"What's good today? I'm famished." I said.
"I am too!  We had a really good session this morning."said Bee Bee.
"Yes , we did...I like our odds at overturning this case."said Sofia.
"You can see it's bogus..."said Kahlil..
''While you guys are at Valhalla....I'm going to do a little digging."said Jade...
"I suppose we should stop at Cakeman Ravens and that Hoagie shop around our way tonight and be prepared.."said Jessica.
"Olivia said we could use one of her buses to transport us.."said Chip.
"You guys have thought of everything.."laughed Karen..."I'm not going , I have to run up to court and file a brief." said Karen.
"This will be like a school trip."laughed Brooke.
"You guys have too much fun." laughed Sean...her husband.
"Don't we now?" said Natalie...
"I'm sure enjoying myself."said David..


"Yes you are!" said Natalie..

who kissed her husband passionately.
Ms. Virginia walked in...She looked like a naughty child..
Jetty had a sheepish grin on his face...
''Well hello...so nice you could join us."joked Yvette.





As the rest of us laughed loud and hardy!



III-


"UMMMMMMMMMMMPH....." groaned Judge Menkens..

"Please hurry up...PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!"pleaded the woman beneath him in the bed...Her name was Misty Tate, her husband, Lester had been convicted of Wire Fraud, Mail Fraud, Extortion and Securities Fraud... He had bilked people out of millions of dollars...She was moving up and down on him on the side of the bed and blowing in his ear, trying to get hm to cum, but he just wouldn't...She hated kissing him...She hated the way he smelled..She hated him period..


The bedsprings were squeaking like crazy and the headboard was rattling...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SWEET BABYYYYYYYY YESSSSSSSSSSSS!" he cried out...

"Please hurry up...PLEASEEEEEEEEEE! I want to leave here.."pleaded the woman beneath him in the bed...

The Judge had met with her in his chambers and had made this deal with her, Dinner and sex at his loft... They had gone out to dinner and were here in his loft..

They had been in his loft for SEVEN TO EIGHT long hours having sex!


"You'll leave when I am finished, now quit your crying..."UMMMMMMMMMMMPH....." groaned Judge Menkens..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" moaned Misty Tate!

She just wanted hm to hurry up and finish....


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....I'm almost there...Almost therrrrrrrrrrrreee, yesssssssssssssssssssssss..."UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......UMMMMMMMMMMMM...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm ABOUT TO BLOW MY LOAD!" he moaned....


"OHHHHHHHH THANK GOD!!! GET UP OFF OF ME!!" said Misty...."


The woman went to take a shower.....

"Don't come in here with me...GET AWAY FROM ME!!! " screamed the woman...

"Heh HEH HEH!" I'm not through yet baby!" he said..


He lifted her up and entered her again...

"OHHHHH..OHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHH YESSSSS!" he said as he plowed into her again, stroking her until the water got cold and he finally came again like a gusher..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!" he moaned.


Later when they were both dressed...

"Ummmmmmmm, I sure hope your husband realizes how lucky a man he is.....WOAHHHHH!!! You are incredible...You're hell in the bed...He doesn't have to worry...He'll be home with you tomorrow night...I'll make sure of that...WOWWWWW!" said The Judge.


WEDNESDAY MORNING!- COURTROOM C- SENTENCING HEARING!

''Lester Tate you have been found guilty of Wire Fraud, Securities Fraud, Mail Fraud and General Extortion....By the guidelines ,I could sentence you to up to 30 years....You certainly deserve it!! Your Attorney tried to proffer me into knocking 15 years off of that sentence, because it's your first offense...I refused... Instead..I am sentencing you to 2 years Community Service and in that time you will undergo therapy.....You are free to go!" he said and banged his gavel..
Lester Tate was  astounded... "WHAT?  Oh My God!! Thank You...Thank You So much Your honor!!
OH MY GOD!!" he said..


His astounded Attorney, Rudolph Alito said-"Come on Boy,let's get out of here...Wow...I lost this case and yet, I feel like I won!" he said  as they walked out of the courtroom....

Lester's wife, Misty,  stood in the back of the courtroom, sobbing quietly...

Assistant District Attorney Abigail Williams was incensed...

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?  "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO????  YOU JUST LET A MAN WHO SCAMMED PEOPLE OUT OF MILLIONS  GO FREE!!!!...Community Service?? HE IS REMORSELESS..YOU JUST PUT HIM BACK ON THE STREET!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??" Abigail  screamed..

"I have made my decision and my decision stands! "said Judge Joe Menken blandly as he walked away...

At our building...
We all sat in our conference room, preparing to go to dinner and then go home....
"You go back to work tomorrow don't you?" asked Yvette.
"Yeah, I'm ready." said Gary to Yvette, who was sitting in his lap.
They kissed quietly...
"Tonight...Chip, Kahlil and I are going to pick up the Hoagies for tomorrow...Olivia said we can keep them in the deep freezer in her basement...They'll be fresh tomorrow."I said.
"Sofia, Jessica and I are picking up Bagels, Doughnuts, Pastries and Hot Coffee from Cakeman Raven's Bakery tonight after we get home..We are going in Jessica's SUV..."said Bee Bee.
"We are all going to be pretty busy tonight.."said Sofia.
"Yeah....but what we have to do shouldn't take too long...We've already called it in." said Kahlil..
"Liv said the bus will be in front of her house at 7:45 AM."said Jade.


We all got on the train and headed home....End of another Day!



IV-

THURSDAY MORNING-
"Liv, you came through in the clutch for me again...Thank You!"said Ms. Yvette.
''Girl, you know I got your back...You're my sister...Now you guys will have a comfortable ride up to the prison..with all of your gear..."said Olivia.
"I'm thinking the next time we go up to the prison to see a client, we ought to take these buses."I said.
"That's not a bad idea...It would be a lot more comfortable."said Beverly..
"Yeah..."said Nelson...
"It would have sure helped us when Handsy Hank was in the SUV with us ,eh Bree?" said Josie..
"Oh My Godddddd, yes." said Bresha.
''Here comes your bus."said Alfreda as the mini bus pulled up...How many times had the entire crew rode on these buses from Curley's and other drinking establishments? 
The Bus pulled up ..





Bee Bee, Sofia  and Jessica loaded Bagels, Doughnuts, Coffee and Pastries on the bus...



While Kahlil, Chip and I loaded the sandwiches on the bus..

''Well here comes your final passengers."said a smiling Olivia.
"Good Morning Everyone!"said Brooke.
"Good Morning Everybody!"said Natalie..
"This feels like a school field trip."laughed David.
"It does doesn't it?" laughed Yvette.

We headed towards the women's prison....


Meanwhile, elsewhere in our building, a heated meeting is occurring..

Ethics Board Judge Kathleen Albright spoke directly to Judge Joseph Menken...

"After reviewing a number of your cases going back a few years...It appears that you have shown favoritism to certain defendents...Defendents with attractive and young wives...A number of these guilty defendents were given a slap on the wrist by you...and rumors are floating around that you were sleeping with the wives of these defendents in exchange for giving their husbands or boyfriends a slap on the wrist... I'm even hearing stories that you have slept with a few female defendents in exchange for a lighter or suspended sentence....This kind of behavior is highly ,highly suspect and if my investigation finds you guilty....I'm reccomending disbarment ,plus imprisonment..." she said.


"This is outrageous....There is no proof to any of these charges....No proof at all...Do you have any witnesses?" asked Judge Joe Menken...

"You'd better hope I don't find any.....Until my inquiry is finished...You are not to try anymore cases.." she said.

VALHALLA WOMEN'S CORECTIONAL CENTER-

We drove up in the bus and descended on the prison with our food  and legal briefcases and rollers.

Ms, Yvette, Bee Bee, Myself, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade, Jessica, Chip, Brookie, Natalie and David Charles all got off of the bus and headed inside..

"Well here we go folks..."said Ms. Yvette.
"I think since I've been an Attorney, I've seen the inside of more jails and prisons than my clients."joked Bee Bee.
"The difference being..You don't stay the night...you get to go home." I laughed.
"True That!" laughed Sofia.
"That's the best part."said Kahlil..
"Lt. Tragg has been locked up more than or as much as his perps." said Jade.
"Yeah how about that?" laughed Jessica.
Chip laughed at our remarks...
"Ouuuuuuu there is old Bull Bailey...I really didn't want to see him."said Brooke.
"Ignore him...I know I am.."said Natalie.
"Yeah, I am too!"said David. "We got a job to do." he added.
Bull Bailey, Once a highly decorated Detective in the Philadelphia Police department , and then a Federal Investigator was now removed from that after it was discovered he planted evidence at a crime scene..He was fired and now supplementing his income by checking people's bags at the women's prison...


He hadn't seen Brooke in awhile... He hated her seeing him working here.  He was still sexually attracted to her..
He hated Natalie Charles with a passion....She was here with her husband,

David Charles...His buddy Lt. Tragg really hated him.....


He knew Ms. Yvette...He had seen her in and out of court over the years.... He didn't really know, Me, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil or Jade...but he knew we were protoge's of Ms. Yvette...




He certainly knew Jessica Sanchez-Burrows
and her husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows..

Both from their days as Public Defenders and now as members of The Innocence Project...He considered them trouble makers, rabble rousers..


He didn't like seeing Brooke surrounded by and in leauge with such a motley crew, he thought as we got inside to see our client..

Brooke considered us family and we considered her family too!

SIX HOURS LATER


We boarded the bus and headed home... It was a good day and a good visit..




A woman's voice is heard !  "HOW DID YOU GET IN MY CONDO?? GET OUT!! GET OUT!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she screams as she flys out of window and into the street below!!


A crowd below assembles on the ground!!

(DEFINITELY TO BE CONTINUED)


5 comments:

  1. This Judge is a beast and now he's added murder to the mix

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Judge is as criminal as the ones he sends away or in hs case let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pure example of being drunk with power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's been doing this so long it's like second nature to him...He didn't just start doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing is...It's easier to pull this on some poor defendent's wife or girlfriend....He tried it on Yvette, a seasoned attorney and failed miserably...He sees Yvette as a challenge and this is going to be his undoing!

    ReplyDelete