Wednesday, August 5, 2020

The Mystery Of Maceo

 ONE DAY LATER-

We were all at home, well not me..I was out investigating... Our guests were, Sepia Morris, the realtor who had sold Olivia this Duplex/Office that we call home and Kevin Morris, her husband who was a very successful Private Investigator by night and Media Mogul, CEO of Morris Communications by day..

They had also  been Josie's legal wards at one time and had introduced her to Olivia and Beverly..
 "Olivia, Beverly, you have done wonders with this place..I hardly recognize it...Both of your apartments look fabulous and this office..this office is incredible, Huge Law Library, 64 inch monitors//Oh myyy." gushed Sepia.

 ''Well those contractors that you had come here helped...I knew what I wanted...They helped me get it.." said Olivia.
"I had nothing to do with it...It was like this when I arrived.." said Beverly, smiling..
 "Oh yeah and uh...I'll have one of my guys stop by and sweep this office at least three times a week on average and more if you like...But seriously..I'd file a complaint against Lt. Tragg..It only takes once and it wouldn't happen again." said Kevin
As He and Sepia enjoyed coffee with the girls..

 "I'm sorry you guys missed Donnie Ray, He's out looking into a case of ours.."said Olivia.



"And my hubby is out at the courthouse.." said Beverly...

"I'm just happy you two came by to visit.." said Josie...

 "We really meant to get by here sooner...Maybe we can all meet up at the Mermaid Crabhouse one Friday.."said Sepia..
"Yeah, that would be nice.." said Kevin...

 "That would be great....We'll be in touch."said Olivia, smiling and hugging them both...
 "Always a pleasure seeing you guys..Don't be strangers.."said Beverly..."That's aimed at you Kevin, I do see your wife at the gym..."said Beverly...
 "Yes.."said Josie...We hardly ever see you..."said Josie..
Nelson walked in just as Kevin and Sepia were leaving..

"Hey guys.." he said..

 "Hi Nelson."said Sepia, hugging him...
"Hey Guy." said Kevin as the two of them were leaving..

II-

 ''Hey Guys..I'm back..I was at the courthouse...Our preliminary hearing is next Wednesday..That's a week from today.." he said and grabbed Beverly around the waste.. "How's my honeybun?" he said..
 Beverly giggled like a school girl..
 They kissed passionately for a few minutes..

"Your Honey Bun is just fineeee.." she cooed......
 Olivia turned to Josie...

''When Donnie Ray comes back we'll know what we are working with." she said.
 "Here he comes now.." said Josie..
"Heyyy guys...I found out a lot.." he said...but like Nelson...I grabbed Olivia..

 "Ouuuuuuu" she said giggling..
 She kissed me slowly and passionately for a few minutes....
 "WOW!" was all she would say after the kiss was finished..
 "So what did you find out?" asked Beverly..
''A lot..A lot of important things that Lancaster didn't bother to tell us..Maybe because he didn't want to say it in front of his fiance and her uncle...

He was born here in Philadelphia..Educated in Philadelphia Schools..Attended Temple, flunked out after one semester...Joined the Navy, dishonorablely discharged....Joined the Merchant Marine and somehow wound up in Capetown, South Africa.

He took up residence there and  it was here he met our murder victim...Alexa Orso...

She was Born in Capetown, South Africa...Her parents and her came to the United States when she was two...She became a U.S. Citizen at 12...Educated in New York Public Schools..she attended  St. Johns University...Your Alma Mata , Nelson...and graduated with Honors in Economics...she ventured to Philadelphia , where she graduated from PENN with an MBA...

Then she dropped off the grid...Apparently...She returned to Capetown and took up a job at the University of South Africa, Capetown, where she was an Instructor...Around this time..She got married to a man named Maceo..Maceo Artell....


The Black son of U.S. Military Parents, stationed in Europe...How he wound up in Capetown is a mystery...

The marriage wasn't good and they seperated...She then met the smooth fast talking Lancaster Brown and they began living together...After four years...They married...She still wasn't officially divorced from her first husband....

They married and she put him through school... He actually studied law and graduated with honors if you can believe that....

Shortly after he graduated...Their relationship hit the skids and he filed for "divorce"  A lawyer there said that since she was technically still married to Artell...Their "marriage"was null and void..

Happy with that, Lancaster returned to New York...He worked in the Garmet district...because he couldn't find work in the legal community without passing the bar here..

She followed him to New York and for a time , they lived together....She put him through Community College ,while teaching at St. Johns...He got his Associates Degree and took the New York Bar..and failed it..

That was two years ago...He came to Philadelphia...Met Renee , Brendan's niece...Moved in with her and she got him a job as a para-legal with The U.S. Attorney's Office..And they got engaged..

But Alexa Orso isn't one to give up...she traced him here to Philly and was blackmailing him to the tune of 25 Large...I imagine that is the amount of money she put into his schooling at The University of Capetown and St. Johns and just taking care of him she felt she was entitled to" I said.

 "If you ask me...He owed her a lot more than that.." said Beverly...."She took care of him for all those years, put him through school twice both here and there.." said Beverly..
"I'll say."said Beverly...

 "It's good to know all of that...We don't want any surprises...and it is quite obvious that Lancaster wasn't going to tell us all this..but what about the actual murder, what have you found out?" asked Olivia.
 "Okay...she was definitely blackmailing him...she threatened to spill the beans to his fiance and to Brendan, who know nothing about all this...if he didn't compensate her..She gave him 48 hours to come up with the money....That night..He went to Chinatown and borrowed 25 large from a friend of ours, Eddie Lee...He then called her at 11:35 pm and said he was bringing the money over..She told him she'd be there....Her time of death was estimated at midnight or a little before midnight..Lancaster said he got there a little after midnight...12:10 am...He said he knew because of the time on his clock in his car....I have the time stamped photo of his car in front of her building..Street Cam and ATM machine across the street, They read 12:11 am.. He said when he got there...The door was open and she was on the floor dead..He said he got the hell out of there... He vacated that building at 12:19 or 12:20 am...The Traffic cam and the ATM cam doesn't lie...He then returned to Chinatown at 1:15 am and returned Eddie Lee's money and then went home... Lt. Tragg's eyewitness...a man named Maceo Williams claims Lancaster fled the building at 11:55pm -12:00 midnight...which is impossible because he hadn't arrived yet and to make matters more complex.. Mr. Williams has vanished...Without a trace.." I said..
"So they have no eyewitness...They got nothing!" said Nelson..."Wonderful..." he laughed..

 ''What do you know about this Maceo Williams charactor?" asked Josie..
"Not a damn thing!  The address he gave the police is a phony...No one lives there , he did not have a room in the highrise Alexa was staying at and there is no record of him at all...I'm beginning to think he is either a wanted felon or just a plain phony..possibly both!"I said.

 "Maceo!  Maceo Williams....Hmmmm."said Olivia.
"Wasn't her husband's name Maceo in South Africa?  You think maybe...our mysterious eyewitness is him?" asked Beverly...
''Oh wow!" said Nelson...

 "You know, I didn't think about that...I have no description of him...I'm going to certainly find out.." I said..
''Since he's Tragg's witness..Maybe he can help us."said Josie..

"Fat chance....but you can try..."said Beverly.



III-

SAM MOTHER'S DINER!.

A Hot summer afternoon.. Assistant District Attorney Abigail Sleet was going over her latest case..
 "Arthur, I called you here because we have a problem...Our only eyewitness, Mr. Williams  has vanished !  The address he gave us was a phony and the room he said he was staying in was a lie.. Nobody at that Highrise knows anything about him...He's the only person that puts our guy there and his time conflicts with the time our perp says he was there by about five minutes.." she said.
 "It's just five minutes, what is that?" asked Lt. Tragg..

 "FIVE MINUTES IS EVERYTHING!!!  That's the difference of when she was killed and when Lancaster Brown arrived..He says she was dead when he got there.."said Abby Sleet..
"Of course he's going to say that..."said Lt. Tragg.. "But...I'll put a bolo out for Maceo Williams..I'll find him.." said Lt. Tragg..

He saw Me, Olivia, Nelson, Beverly, Josie and Paris come in and sit down..
 "I'm more thirsty than hungry..." I said..
 "So am I, but I will eat something.." said Olivia..
 "I will too!" said Nelson.
 "Yeah Me too!" said Beverly...
 "The Roast Beef sandwich is today's special." said Josie..
 "That's what I'm Having.."said Josie's boyfriend, Paris..


Six Ice Teas were ordered...


and six hot roast beef sandwiches with French Fries. were ordered....

 I moved over to their table..

"Evening ADA Sleet.." I said..
 She seemed impressed with my bravado...She smiled..

"Evening Mr. Alexander..." she said.. She knew I was the husband and Investigator

 for opposing counsel, Olivia Bennett-Alexander..
 ''Donnie Ray, as you can see, we are having a private conversation here."said Lt. Tragg..

She looked at me and shook her head as if to say, No they weren't...


 "Well actually I came to talk to you...Your eyewitness, Maceo Williams is missing...and I'm afraid..He's sold you a bag of goods...He doesn't live where he said he did and he didn't have a room in that Highrise..No one there knows who he is or a thing about him..and I couldn't find any record of his existence at all.." I said.
 "I'm aware that he is missing...I have a BOLO out on him...He is not going to help your wife's case..Even when we do find him and we will.I'm going to have him sequestered...You have the statement he made on the night of the murder...It's in the arrest report...That's all you get..."said Lt. Tragg.
 "I've never seen him before.. I have a photo of who I think he might be..Is this Mr. Williams?" I asked.

I showed them both a Passport photo!

 "As a matter of fact...It is..What about him?" asked Lt. Tragg..
"His real name is Maceo Artell...He was born on an Air Force Base in Italy...Both his mom and dad were in the U.S. Air Force... he lived in Landover , Maryland for awhile until 9th Grade, then in California, where he finished High school and did three years of college...He somehow wound up in Capetown ,South Africa , where he married our murder victim,Alexa Orson..They seperated but never officially divorced..She married my wife's client..or at least they thought they were married, but they weren't... He seems to have dropped off the grid, I just thought it funny that he'd be in Philly and giving a phony name and witnessing a homicide." I said.
''Well I'll be damned...I didn't know any of that...DID YOU LT.TRAGG?" asked ADA Sleet..

 "Of course....Of course I -I-I knew this!"said Lt. Tragg..
"No you didn't!  Just find him!" said ADA Sleet, who got up from the table, grabbd her briefcase and walked out..She smiled sweetly and waved at Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie as she left..

"I wish your husband was my investigator.." she whispered  to Olivia as she left..

 "Donnie Ray shook some things up...They didn't know  who he was.."said Olivia..
 "But now we know....We know that was her husband, Not just some random eyewitness.."said Beverly..
 ''He also might be her killer." said Nelson.
"Interesting theory." said Josie..
Lt. Tragg, embarrassed at being shown up by me, stormed out of the diner...Livid as usual...He kicked his car door.

IV-
 Nightfall came..
 In Beverly and Nelson's apartment..
 "Come Here...You've been on me all day...Feelin my butt, squeezing me, kissing on me.."said Beverly to her husband, Nelson...

"Just come here..." she said..
 Nelson smiled..
 He took her in his arms and kissed her passionately

and unzippered her skirt..He  took her blouse off and continued kissing her and unhooked her bra..
he ran his hands softly down into her panties...

"You don't know what you want to do next do you?" she giggled..

Nelson didn't answer...

He was like a hungry man at a feast...he didn't know what he wanted next...


 Nelson got to do what he had been daydreaming about all day, make love to Beverly.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…talk to me daddy, is it good?" she cooed softly as the bed began to squeak and the headboard began to rattle..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Ohhhhhh my goddddddd! YESSSSSSSSS!" he moaned...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"he moaned.. 

"TALK TO ME BABY...DO YOU LOVE YOUR HONEY BUN??" she asked. 

"YES!!! YES...OH YESSSSS!"moaned Nelson..who didn't know if he was coming or going... 

"YOUR HONEY BUN LOVES YOUUUUU TOOO!!! OUUUUUUUUUU ,YOUR HONEY BUN LOVES YOU SO MUCH! YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!" she cooed...

FIVE TO SIX HOURS SLIPPED BY!



"You are just showing off...Just showing off in this bed...."she said..

"Ohhhhhhhhh you are driving me crazy.." he moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! You like it daddy?" she cooed loudly..

"Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss…you know I do...Ohhhh lawdddd!" he moaned in his deep baritone..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nelson…. NELSON SEAN EAST!!!ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned.

She had already had three very intense orgasms that left her in tears.....And NELSON as usual showed no signs of stopping..

She blew softly into his ear..and played in his hair...

THREE TO FOUR  MORE HOURS and a half went by before Nelson began to come with wild abandon as did Beverly.. holding on to him for dear life....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..both of her legs shaking and her head turning from side to side...She found herself getting emotional and crying again...Something she never did before she met and started having sex with Nelson...

He found himself more satisfied than he had been in awhile... He lay on his back with a big grin on his face...

"Ummmmmmm stop looking so...so satisfied " she said and laughed...

Nelson held Beverly in his arms...He was satisfied...and she felt secure..


Our one eyewitnesss or possible killer, Maceo Artell was out there somewhere...lurking!


(TO BE CONTINUED)






No comments:

Post a Comment