Wednesday, August 12, 2020

New Representation


For the next two days, we worked nearly ten hour days... We were holed up in the Law Library of our good friend, Jasmine Coley's law firm..
 In the same building where the WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT has it's headquarters..

We were looking at Trial Transcripts of the Jessie Luther Trial.....Bee Bee and Sofia were concentrating on prosecutorial misconduct...
 "I don't know for sure if this guy is innocent or not, but the prosecution played fast and loose with the facts and withheld potential exculpatory evidence on several occassions.."said Bee Bee.
 "I've got 17 instances...and I've got the Laws to cite them.." said Sofia, who was writing them down...

"Thank you boo for helping me.." said Sofia, who gave Kahlil a kiss..

Kahlil was doing double duty...While Bee Bee and Sofia were looking at prosecutorial misconduct, he and I were looking at defense goofs and there were more..
 "You know...this guy missed so many cues...I'd hate to have him as my lawyer...He didn't do any of his homework...He didn't demand to see some of the evidence that was in discovery and slyly held back by Jumpshot Jim and then there were witness statements that he didn't follow up on ."said Kahlil..
 "Hell, I'm up to 28 instances that Pruitt dropped the ball on." I said..
 We were momentarily interrupted by our benefactor...Attorney Jasmine Coley....

"Wowwww!  You guys should be getting mad overtime...You're in here at 7:00 am and it's nearly midnight..This is the past two days now...What's up? If I may ask.." said Jazzy..
 ''We are taking over a case..The Jessie Luther case..We have to have an appeal ready by his sentencing tomorrow.."said Bee Bee..
 ''We are working on Prosecutorial Misconduct, the guys are looking at defense goof ups."said Sofia.
 "I thought this was a prime case for the Wrongful Conviction Unit...but Ms. Yvette says it doesn't quite fit the parameters of a Wrongful Conviction Case."said Kahlil..

 "I've got 28 instances cited here...We've got a good case for an appeal...Ms. Yvette gave us the name of a good Judge in State Appellate Court who will hear our case.." I said showing Jazzy  our work and the name of the Judge.
 "You guys did damn good work....You have a great appeal written..Look Dabnis.." she said to her husband, Attorney Dabnis Coley, who had come to pick her up...He had been working late too and he had the car...She had been waiting for him..
 "Hmmnmm yeah, this is a great appeal, you guys might win him a new trial before he is shipped off to State Prison...He gets sentenced tomorrow...Please overturn his conviction...I'm so sick of seeing and hearing Lt. Tragg on TV bragging about how this guy was a "Cold Blooded Killer with cold unfeeling eyes and how he had a chill down his spine when he arrested him...Such Bullshit...Please win this case.....It's uh quarter to one.. If we hurry we can get one of Jake's Hot dogs and some Onion Rings."said Dabnis..
 "Good Idea, let's knock off guys."said Bee Bee.
 "Yes...I'm tired and I'm Hungry..."said Sofia..
 ''Let me Tell Ms. Yvette, we are done." said Kahlil, who contacted her on Portal..

As it turned out..She was still up...and at Gary's house..

 "Awww I didn't mean for you guys to be working this long...You should have been home...Go home, get some sleep...You don't have to meet me in court tomorrow...Just meet me at our spot in Camden by Lunchtime and have that appeal ready...Good Night...and Good job guys." she said.

The six







of us went to Jake's and finished our night with
 his fabulous Hot Dogs and Fries
Onion Rings for the table
and Cokes.

Nice Finish to a long two days.




II-
 THE NEXT DAY -COURTROOM B
 ''Will the defendent rise......"said Judge Tracy...She smiled...She saw Ms. Yvette standing with him..

"Jessie  Luther you have been convicted of the felony crime of First Degree Murder by a jury of your peers...I sentence you to no less than 25 years and no more than the rest of your natural life.."she said..
 "Oh My God!" said Jessie, breaking into a cold sweat and slumping down into his chair..
 "Relax....your appeal is already completed..My four attorneys worked around the clock...We'll be submitting it on Monday...
 "That's Yvette Jones..what is she doing with Luther?" asked a very nervous Jumpshot Jim Taylor..He had lost to Yvette Jones and her four young attorneys before and he didn't relish facing them again...

''What is she going to do, appeal the verdict?" he asked nervously..
"That's what I'd like to find out ...Maybe Pruitt has retained her services." asked a nervous Lt. Tragg..
 Surprisingly, Attorney Jeff Pruitt rushed into the courtroom.

"What did she give you kid?" he asked..He was out of breath... "The Judge? How much time did she give you?" he asked again...
 "Oh wow, are you serious?  You come to court minutes after I've been sentenced and you're asking what I got ,like you care...Get the hell out of my face...You're toast....This is my new lawyer and she's got my appeal already completed...She's submitting it Monday." he said.
 "I'm Yvette Jones of McClusky/Cozen/Connor and Pratt...I've been hired to handle Mr. Luther's appeal." said Yvette.
 ''Wow! You got on this really quick...I know where your office is...Let's get together Tuesday..."said Jeff Pruitt...
 "No!  You're Fired...You won't be working with her on anything..She doesn't need your help."said Jesse Luther..
 "I have a team of four attorneys and an Investigator...I think we'll be okay..but thank you for the offer."said Yvette..

She addressed the Press and the media...As Jesse Luther was carried away in shackles...Telling them that

"Mr. Luther has fired Mr. Pruitt and has hired me to represent him."

 "I don't believe this...I-I-I-I've been fired...I have to appeal this case and win or else they won't look at my idea for a pilot for my new show.."said Jeff Pruitt...
 "I can't afford to have my case overturned ...That will assume that I did something wrong...It will make me look bad...If I try to run for office, this could be brought up and it could affect my status as the most eligible bachelor in Philadelphia..."said Jumpshot Jim Taylor.
"YVETTE is going to tell me who put her up to this...I'll get to the bottom of this..."said Lt. Tragg, who was as usual livid... He looked around for Yvette, but she gone!! Just that fast.....

 Ms. Yvette met us in Camden at our diner.. As we waited for our food, she looked over the appeal..
 "This is incredible...better than I hoped for...I wished I could give you some days off...but I need you Monday , when we go to Appellate Court.."said Yvette.
 "It's Okay Ms. Yvette...It's Friday...We are off anyway tomorrow and Sunday.."said Bee Bee.
 ''That's all the time off we need." I said.
 ''Yeah..I imagine Lt. Tragg is on the warpath right now...Looking for us at Sam Mother's place." said Kahlil.
"I hope he doesn't get drunk and come banging on our doors tonight in our apartments." said Sofia.

"You don't have to answer the door and you don't have to answer any of his questions...He can't force you to." said Ms. Yvette....
III-
In His plush Center City Condo, Attorney Jeff Pruitt receives a visit from Private Investigator, former FBI Agent. Burt Vandenburg...
 "Here it is, the skinny on Jessie Luther's new legal team...
 "Thank You....Here is your money..." said Attorney Jeff Pruitt , who had been fired by Jessie Luther..
 YVETTE DENISE JONES-  Born and raised in Philadelphia PA. Attended Philadelphia Public Schools, Graduated from Hallahan High School for Girls, Attended Lasalle College, Majored in Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, speaks Spanish and French Fluently... Attended University of Pennsylvania Law school, Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York.
Associate Attorney at Rodney and Miller ,Attorneys at law.. Presently, Senior Associate Attorney, McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt
 KEITH JONES (No Relation) , Born and raised in Philadelphia PA. Attended Philadelphia Public Schools, Graduated from  West Catholic High School, Attended Howard University, Majored in Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy...Attended University of Pennsylvania Law School, Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey and New York, speaks Spanish and French Fluently...
Associate Attorney, McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt.
 BEATRICE "Bee Bee" EVANS, Born and Raised in Philadelphia. PA. , Attended Philadelphia Public schools, Graduated from Philadelphia High School for Girls,was Who's Who in American High schools, Attended Temple University, Majored in Administration of Justice and Trial Advocacy, speaks Spanish, French and Russian Fluently., Attended University of Pennsylvania Law School, Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey and New York, Associate Attorney, McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt.
 KHALIL AHMED, Born and raised in Philadelphia PA. , Parents naturalized American Citizens born in Iraq, Attended Philadelphia Public Schools , Graduated from Central High School, Attended Temple University, Majored in Administration of Justice and Trial Advocacy, speaks Spanish, French and Arabic fluently. Attended University of Pennsylvania Law School, Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey and New York, Associate Attorney, McCluskey   /Cozen/Connor & Pratt
 SOFIA GARCIA, Born and Raised in Philadelphia. PA. , Attended Philadelphia Public schools, Graduated from Philadelphia High School for Girls,was Who's Who in American High schools, Attended Temple University, Majored in Administration of Justice and Trial Advocacy, speaks Spanish, French and Russian Fluently., Attended University of Pennsylvania Law School, Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey and New York, Associate Attorney, McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt.
JADE LEE, Real name Mulan Xi born in Mainland ,China...Moved to Japan with her family at the age of 7... Attended Tokyo Public schools, Graduated from the Univeristy of Tokyo, major unknown..Graduated from Japanese Police Academy...earned rank of Homicide detective...worked with American FBI on several cases and local Philadelphia Criminal Investigation Division...

Quit Tokyo Police force and moved to Philadelphia PA.  Yvette Jones,Keith Jones,Beatrice Evans, Sofia Garcia and Kahlil Ahmed acted as her attorneys and helped her secure American Citizenship some years ago...Went to work as a staff investigator for McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt,
speaks English fluently as well as Chinese and Japanese.
"I know these people ...They're nice people...Damn good attorneys...Your client is in able hands.."said Bert...
''That's not what I wanted to know....If these guys somehow overturn his conviction...I'm toast...My TV deal is dead in the water...In fact...They have the makings of a good series themselves...Hmmmm..I've got to find a way to get them to let me work this case with them..." I'll stop by their office..Thanks for the updates Burt." said Jeff Pruitt.



 Both Attorney Jeff Pruitt and Lt. Tragg stopped by our office building at different times , but it was to no avail..We weren't there....and no one knew where we were...No one that was going to tell them!
 They both stopped down at the new building that was the headquarters of the Wrongful Conviction Unit..

They only got as far as the conference room, Neither of them knew about Jazzy's law firm , five floors up and the Law Library where we did our work....but surprisingly, we weren't there today either...There was no need....Our work was done...We were gone. preparing for our hearing at State Appellate court...

Which left the night.....

 Bee Bee took that long hot bath she was talking about..So did Sofia.... and then went to bed alone in their apartment..
 I took a long hot shower myself and went to sleep in my apartment...It was 11:00 pm...

11:45 pm...I was awakened from a peaceful sleep by a knock on my door.. I went to the door..

Bee Bee was there with a Night gown on that came to her hips and was very sheer....My eyes nearly popped out of my head..
 "I can't sleep Hot stuff..Do you mind if I spend the night with you?" she asked..
 I suddenly had a huge erection...Which she noticed...She giggled....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….Look at you! Ouuuuuuuuuu! You've got a major boner....Ouuuuuuuuu" she said..and giggled...

I motioned for her to come in...I closed the door..
 "Thank You.."she said as she walked straight to my bedroom.....She stared at me again...

"WOW!" she said and laughed...
 "Mmmmmmmm..Thank You Hot Stuff! I'm too wound up to sleep alone.." she said..kissing me softly as we fell on my bed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're welcome...So am I.." I said..




"I think you're just horny.......Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd!" she moaned as I entered her softly..

"I wasn't until you came to the door, lookin all sexy ..." I said..

"If you say so...ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she said.
 Nothing like a nice quickie...to help you get to sleep, I thought as we began making sweet love and my bed began to squeak out of control...
 12:00 midnight...Sofia walked down the hall and knocked softly on Kahlil's door..
 "Heyyyy ,I was just thinkin about you..." he said.. He too had a massive erection his shorts couldn't hide...Which Sofia noticed..


''Ayye Mios dios...I see..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, look at you papi.." she giggled...

 He had her undressed and had her on top of him, riding him like a surfer rides a wave within minutes..

"Ouuuuuu Papi, I couldn't sleep.." she said..


"I couldn't sleep either...I was getting ready to come down there.." he said..


"Ummmmmmmmmmm, thank you for letting me stay..." she moaned..


"Like you gotta ask..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he said..


"I don't want you to think I take you for granted.." she said softly...


"Never that...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." he moaned..
as they made sweet love....

Lt. Tragg didn't stop by our apartment...thank goodness..
 but he did pay Gary Lockwood a visit...He rang the bell repeatedly
 but there was no answer...

It was muffled by heavy breathing and deep soul kissing....I'm sure they knew it was him and chose not to answer...
 "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VETTTTIE.....I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!" Gary moaned...
 "OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GARY.....GARYYY!!" she squealed..
 Gary and Yvette were on his terrace making sweet love

on his big and soft couch.....Oblivious to the doorbell ringing...


IV-

We hadn't seen Jade in days...She was recanvassing the initial crime scene...

A pretty nineteen -year-old girl was found dead in a wooded area, behind some housing projects in Kensington The girl , an acquaintence of Jessie  Luther, had been sexually assaulted, strangled, and beaten with a rock.

  Jessie Luther was arrested based on an anonymous call telling police that he was seen with the young lady that day and an identification made by a witness from a police sketch shown on television.

The description of the perpetrator was a 6 feet, 5 inches tall white man with curly blond hair, a bushy mustache, skinny, and tan. Jessie Luther  is  six feet,one inch He  has red hair, and was well over 200 pounds.Atletic build..

At trial, five witnesses testified that they had seen Jessie Luther with the young woman.

 However, two of these witnesses had not been able to identify Jessie Luther  during a lineup, but had seen him after the crime was committed on television., after he had been arrested by Lt. Tragg.

 Testimony that Jessie Luther had said that he had done something terrible that day that would affect his relationship with his present girlfriend  was presented at trial.

Additionally, Jessie Luther  mentioned a bloody rock during conversations with police. He denied this profusely.

  Though there was no physical evidence connecting him to the crime, He was still convicted and sentenced to 25 years to life..

Jade was re-interviewing witnesses and discovering that many of them tried to tell Lt. Tragg that they weren't sure, but that he had run with what he thought their testimony was..

The Bloody rock that was supposedly the murder weapon was never presented in court and when she went to look for it...It was mysteriously missing..It had been missing since the first trial!

"I have to do some more digging into this case..." said Jade..

 "That's Okay...What you gave me is plenty....I'm on my way to Appellate Court.."said Yvette..."You coming with?" asked Yvette..
 "No...I've got some more digging to do.."said Jade..
 As they paid their bill and prepared to leave Sam Mother's Diner...
Just then Lt. Tragg was walking in...

"JUST THE PERSON I WANT TO SEE...YVETTE, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? HOW ARE YOU INVOLVED IN THIS CASE?? IT'S A CLOSED CASE!" he bellowed..

 "Are you going to do this, everytime I have a case, Badger me?" asked Yvette, who didn't answer a question, but kept walking briskly towards the door..
 "Look!  The case is closed...Leave it the hell alone...The kid is guilty..." said Lt. Tragg, who looked at Jade..

"And if I find out you've been manipulating any crime scenes or intimidating any witnesses past or present who have testified in this case...I'm running you in on Obstruction of Justice...You know what a conviction means...Your citizenship is out the window and you're headed back to Mainland China doll.." he said..
 Jade laughed..."Why don't you stick your hand up somebody's skirt and rub on their panties..?? That will make you feel better." she said and she walked out of the diner and got in her car..
 Lt. Tragg stomped his foot....
"You know maybe you should get laid...You'll make yourself sick with all that pent up frustration."said Yvette with a sexy smile as she walked out of the diner and got in her car and headed in a different direction.


(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments:

Post a Comment