Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Blue Moon Rising

Olivia, Beverly and Nelson sat with ADA Ron Harper in our conference room...They were spreading cream cheese and jelly on some nice warm bagels that they were serving and eating

 drinking coffee..
He looked around...

"Nice set up you guys have here...Law Library, these 64 inch monitors...all this high tech....Nice and you and Donnie Ray and Beverly and Nelson live upstairs huh?" he said as he ate a nice warm bagel with cream cheese...

"That's rightttt!" said Olivia with a smile as they ate,,
 ''We don't have to leave here, except to go to court." said Beverly,...
 "Nice set up isn't it?" said Nelson.
"It is! I'm surprised I haven't visited you guys sooner..." he said. He chowed down on another bagel, this one with jelly...and sipped his coffee.. He ogled both Olivia and Beverly...

"So let's get down to cases...You didn't invite me here to have bagels and coffee or for the grand tour...You want to proffer a deal....I'm listening."said ADA Ron Harper..who had began his career as a Public Defender and had worked with Olivia, Beverly and Nelson at the Public Defender's Office before leaving to become an Assistant District Attorney..

 "Ron...We want you to drop the charges against our client, Raylene Quivers...I've seen discovery and you've got next to nothing...You've got no eyewitness to the crime, you've got no murder weapon, you've got no fingerprints or any other forensic evidence placing my client at the scene of the crime...You don't even have a motive..Come onnnn , Do you really feel like going through a long drawn out trial?" asked Olivia..
 "Ha Ha...I know you two...You don't proffer deals...Not anymore you don't....Your client doesn't have an alibi does she?  You can't prove she didn't do it, right?" said Ron Harper..
"Ron...You can't prove she did do it!  You don't even have a motive."said Beverly.

"The oldest motive in the world..Jealousy....You girls were there in your sexy bathing suits and from what I understand, he was practically drooling over you right in front of her...He embarrassed her and she was full of rage....She waited until you left and she let him have it in the hallway...I got that much from the housekeeper." said Ron..

"That's Hearsay....Plus the housekeeper...The one witness to this argument is dead!  You can't call her to the stand..All she witnessed was an argument in the hallway, nothing more...That means next to nothing."said Nelson.

"That was real convenient for you guys huh? Her dying..."said Ron Harper.





"Ron...You're far more intelligent that Lt. Tragg...but right now...You sound just like him...Think about this...A man is murdered in the empty indoor pool and bar on the roof at 4:00 in the morning....The next day, a housekeeper who is the only person who saw our client arguing with the dead man is tossed off the roof...or she might have jumped....but you see where we are going with this...Co-Incidence?  My daddy always told me that there aren't too many co-incidences in the world.."said Beverly...

 "He used to tell me that too!"laughed Olivia.. "This is another case where Lt. Tragg has jumped to a wrong conclusion and arrested the wrong person...How many times has he lulled you down that road Ron? Our client has nothing to do with either of these deaths....Be right on this Ronnie, drop the charges.. "pleaded Olivia.
Ron laughed..

"Godddddd girl...If you were single and I had a shot, I'd do anything you ask....I know Donnie Ray never says no to you does he?" said Ron, looking at Olivia like a hungry wolf...

 "Sure He does!" said Olivia.

 Beverly and Nelson gave her the serious side eye.
 ''Okay, he doesn't....but we are married...He's sleeping with me." laughed Olivia.
"My point exactly...and I'm Not...I'm open to plead it down to 2nd degree, but that's it...I've been on a roll lately...I've won my last nine cases...I like even numbers...And to beat you two in court would be the icing on the cake..You guys don't have a case...You guys are desperate..."laughed Ron Harper...

Neither side in this had much of a case..There was no eye witness, no forensic or DNA evidence placing Raylene at the scene, No prints...only a pair of her panties in his trousers..Which he had taken earlier.. Raylene claims to have been in bed asleep and alone...but there was no one who could verify that...This case was bad all the way around ,for both sides..

In the front office...

 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmph!  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" moaned  ADA Rockland Cambridge, who was kissing Alfreda..
 ''Rocklannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....Come on now...Let me go...You've got to get back to work.."said Alfreda, who continued kissing him...
 "AHHHHHHHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned...in between more kisses
 Finally he eased out of her embrace...

"You're right...ouuuuu..You're gonna get it tonight girl.." he said, catching his breath...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" laughed Alfreda...

Ron Harper walked into the front office..

"I'm ready to head out...You ready man?" he said.

 "Yes..let's get back."said ADA Rockland Cambridge...straightening out his clothes...
 Ron Looked around again..."Nice set up you guys got here." he said.. Taking one last look at Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Alfreda.




As they both got in the City owned vehicle and headed back to work...




II-

 I usually took Beverly with me when I did my investigations, but today I took Josie...Beverly, her Aunt and Nelson were meeting with ADA Ron Harper, hoping to convince him to drop the charges on Raylene...

They seemed to think they could appeal to his sense of logic..I didn't think so...For someone like him, The fact that they were proffering any kind of deal meant that they were playing from a position of weakness...That they didn't really have a defense. They didn't as of yet...but the prosecution had even less..When I was a Homicide detective...I would have never of tried to bring in a case this weak..
You had no motive...No prints, no forensic evidence placing my client or anyone else for that matter at the scene of the crime..

All they had was a now dead witness who witnessed an argument.

I piggybacked Lt. Tragg's investigation...Josie and I interviewed the entire housekeeping and hotel staff, The Bartenders, The waitresses and even the pool attendents...I got nothing...Just as I'm sure he got nothing.

I even questioned them about the Housekeeper, Hortense Jefferson..

They told me she was a gossip, a busy body...and some even said that they weren't surprised her life ended the way it did...

She wasn't above slight blackmail to get a favor they said..She must have crossed the wrong person they thought.

I wonder if the wrong person was the killer of James Logan.
 I met Josie on the Rooftop where they say Hortense Jefferson either jumped or was thrown...

"Any luck?" I asked.
"No...and I couldn't find Maya Restin,,,I ran into a man who said he was with her yesterday...He hadn't seen her today he said..She hasn't checked out..But she's not in her room...You think she can tell us anything different from what Jazzy, Kayla and Beverly told us.?" asked Josie..

"Perhaps....She was here after Beverly, Kayla and Jazzy left...Maybe she heard something, Maybe Raylene said something to her.."I said.

 "That's doubtful, from what Beverly told me..the two didn't care for each other too much...She said that Raylene had been head over heels in love with a guy on the football team when they had been at Temple..Only to find him in the back seat of Maya's SUV going to town on Maya and her squealing with delight one night after a party..They didn't speak for awhile, but eventually they patched up their differences....That is until first year of law school..Maya was not only sleeping with one of the professors , but with another young man who had caught Raylene's fancy..." said Josie.
"Really?  Hmmmm so Maya had a habit of stealing men from her girlfriends..."I said.

"No...Just Raylene....Beverly would have cut her...You know that..So would Jazzy...But Raylene ,who was insecure about her weight then and her background would have just cowered and cried..She never stood up to Maya.."said Josie. "Of course, she's lost all of that weight now.. She's gorgeous...and she's a very successful attorney...She doesn't have to cower to Maya anymore." mused Josie.

"Josie...what if Maya seduced James Logan? What if they were up here making love and something went sideways..Something went wrong and she accidentally killed him?  I know it sounds far fetched..but think about it..She feels guilty that her friend has been charged with murder, so she wires 100 large into our account and texts us, telling us to defend her..Oh by the way We got another 100K today for her defense..This Maya is a millionaire..She would have the where with all to do that...wouldn't she?" I said..

"Well yeah , I suppose she would...but that is a big jump Donnie Ray..No pun intended."said Josie..

"Yeah, maybe you're right..Let's get out of here." I said.


As Josie and I were leaving , We had no idea yet another drama was unfolding..

A large robust white man with a beard and glasses was checking in...

"Is My room ready?" he asked.

"Yes Mr. Vasputin...It's just like you like it on the 15th floor...You've got a window view, just like you like.."said the young lady, checking him in..

"Oh Thank you..It's been a long flight..I'm going to shower and relax tonight. He said.

He walked up to his room...

III-

 Later that night
 He showered and shaved and put on his bathrobe..
 He had no idea that directly across the street from him in a window sat a sniper rifle..
 Maya Westin sat behind it..She took a deep breath..aimed and fired two shots from across the street
into the man's window..
One shot hit him in the heart....the other shot hit him in the shoulder..Didn't matter, Mr. Vasputin was dead before he hit the ground of his hotel room..

 Maya immediately made a phone call..
"It's done...I expect payment of 2.5 million in my account by morning.." she said.

"Not a problem...Thank you once again.." came the voice on the phone..

"Anytime.."said Maya..


ACROSS TOWN AT AQUA BAR-

 Beverly , Nelson , Josie and Paris took Raylene to Aqua Bar ... Kayla and her husband Ray was there and Jazzy and her husband Dabnis was there..She got to meet their husbands for the first time.. She also got to meet our other friends, Keith Jones, Bee Bee Evans, Sofia Garcia, Kahlil Ahmed, Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband..Charles "Chip" Burrows..
 "Having a Good time Ray?" asked Beverly.
 "Oh Yes..I really like all of your friends, they're so nice..Thank you Beverly...I needed to really get out and dance and enjoy myself with real people for a change and not be involved with all that showing off and pretense...Maya likes that type of thing...Throwing up in our faces that she's a millionaire and big time attorney...Well we are just good as she is." said Ray.
 "That's the spirit."said Nelson.

 "We couldn't find Maya today...We just missed her."said Josie.
"Ahh don't worry, she'll turn up." said Paris..
 "If I know her..she's hooked some guy and probably in bed with him." said Kayla..
 "Ouuuuu you're bad!" said Ray..
 ''She's not lying...Maya was uh kinda loose when we were in school." said Jazzy...
 "Ohhhh the real friendly type of garden tool." joked Dabnis...
 Keith Jones cracked up...
 "That's not nice, stop it." said Bee Bee...
 Kahlil laughed...
So did Sofia ,who was having a spirited conversation with Jessica
 in Spanish at the same time!
Charles , who could understand some of what they were saying was laughing...

 It was a nice crowd tonight, a Friday..
 Margaritas
 Citris Martinis
 Mango Martinis
and Beers abounded..

They had all come on the mini bus...Olivia had ordered it for them...they knew they were going to be drinking a lot and nobody wanted to drive..The Bus was told to come and pick them all up at closing.

IV-



This Friday Night, while the kids were out..Olivia and I chose to stay home..

"While you and Josie were out, We unsuccessfully made a plea for ADA Harper to drop the charges..after he left..we moved all of Raylene's things out of her room...She's staying at Josie's house and Josie and Paris are staying here with Bev and Nelson.."said Olivia.


I started a pot of coffee....

I poured two cups of coffee..Coffee for both of us..

"Thanks babe.." she said to me...
and gave me a sweet and soft kiss..
She looked a little sad..

"I thought we'd have a better defense for Raylene."said Olivia.

"Don't look so glum...I'm working on a different angle..We have a little time..A few days before the preliminaries.." I said.
''You've always been our good luck charm...You are the best thing that ever happened to me..You;re the real hero"said Olivia.
"Oh yeah?" I said smiling as we finished our coffee..


"Yeah!" said Olivia smiling.

"Well uh , do I uh get a reward for being your uh hero?"I asked..

"You sure will" said Olivia..smiling..

"When can I uh expect to get it?" I asked.-

''When do you want it?" she asked seductively...
"Ummmm as soon as possible" I whispered..

''Come here..."she said.

I pulled her night shirt up...ran my hands down into her panties and squeezed her butt...and kissed her passionately...

"Ummmmmm….ohhhhh Donnie Ray...ouuuuu you are....ouuuuuuuuuuu  you areeeee ready!.." she moaned, feeling the huge bulge in my trousers..

"UMMMMPH...OUUUUUUUUUU...YOU ARE BLESSED!" she said and giggled.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia..Yessss...How are you going to sit here in front of me in that little night shirt and panties and I not be.?" I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….I wanted you to be.." she cooed silently...

''Well I am..You got your wish.." I said...in between slow , soft kisses...

She eased out of my embrace...

"Wait, let me change....You get undressed.." she whispered...


She changed into  her lavender see through nightie.. with matching lavender panties..The one I loved.. I pulled her to me..

She smelled great...as usual...Her skin was baby soft..

I loved it..
We kissed passionately in the middle of the floor of our home...
I bent her over the kitchen sink and entered her from behind..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OOOOOOOOOOUUU ! OH MY GOOODNESSS DONNNIE RAY!!!" she screamed..

'"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..."I MOANED LOUDLY!!!

Soon I was lifting her petite body up, going to town, long stroking her...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOO HOO..OUUUU HOO HOO HOO....OH MY GODDDD!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONNIE RAY!" she screamed..

On the floor of our living room, I was going to town on her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  OH MY GODDDDD DONNIE RAY!" she moaned..

 Soon,  we were in bed...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu girllll.." I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband, ummmmmmmmmmm.."she moaned..

''Ouuuuuuuuuu Donnie Rayyyy I love you sooo much, sooo much, you don't even understand..."moaned Olivia....

"I love you too Olivia...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd…" I cried out..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm… ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you like it daddy?" she cooed..

"I do.." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I like it too!" she said..

We were making sweet love...Nice and slow and unrushed...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS passed by and we weren't even close to stopping...


Olivia positioned herself on top of me and began to move up and down..

"OHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDD DONNIE RAYYYYY! Thank you baby!" she bellowed..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. Thank youuuu!"I moaned..  I didn't know if I was coming or going..

This bed didn't squeak, but the headboard did rattle....

ANOTHER TWO TO THREE HOURS SLID BY..... We were going to be tired tomorrow morning, but right now...we didn't care....

We were driving each other to delirium in that bedroom..






V-


 None of us...Beverly and her friends or Olivia and I had any idea that another murder had occurred at that same hotel that same night..A professional hit...
 The body was being removed from the room..
 and loaded on to the car...
 "What a week this has been, Three murders , all in this same hotel...I've only cleared one.."said Lt. Tragg.
"You don't think at least two are connected..?" asked Hazel..

 "Nah...This was a professional hit...and that housekeeper , maybe that was a suicide.." said Lt. Tragg.
 Hazel didn't know why she even tried to have a sensible conversation with him... She wasn't talking about tonight..But she like Nelson felt as though the first two murders this week were connected..

"You know..At first I was mad that the Feds took over this case...but now, I don't care....It means I only have one open murder....That's better than two any day." he said..

"I suppose you're right." sighed Hazel.
They both looked up at the sky....There was a Blue Moon out tonight..


(TO BE CONTINUED)




No comments:

Post a Comment