Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Anything For You

 The next morning, We were all at work..
 We wondered about our client, Larry Rodgers..
 ''Ms. Yvette, with Russell Swearington dead...Larry won't need to disolve his partnership or his business right?" said Bee Bee
"He won't , but he still needed us to redo his will...He still wants to leave everything to Polly."said Ms. Yvette.

 "That's so sweet how much he loves her...She left him for another man..and he still wants to leave everything to her...Wowwww...That's love.."said Sofia..
 "That's- " Kahlil was getting ready to say ,when I stopped him...
''Don't, let it go." I said..

 He thought about it and he smiled and nodded at me in appreciation..
 "It's sweet...but it's crazy...She doesn't deserve that kind of love , if she could leave him for his business partner...I don't know if I could ever trust somebody that did that to me again." said Bee Bee.
''Well, to each his or her own...Our job as his lawyers is just to do what he wants.." said Ms. Yvette.

He walked into our office just then...He looked as if he'd been up all night.. He looked frantic.

"Look, if you haven't finished my will yet, don't worry about it...Obviously I won't need to disolve the partnership...The company is one hundred percent ,lock stock and barrel mine now...but we have another problem...I need you to represent Polly...She's been arrested , charged with Russell Swearington's murder...She swears she didn't do it...I believe her...She has never lied to me...Even during the worst times when she was cheating on me, She's never lied." said Larry Rogers.

 Yvette sighed..

"Let Me Guess, Lt. Tragg arrested her last night right?" she said.
 ''Shortly after she called me..He and his men arrested her at her girlfriend's apartment, where she's been staying since the seperation. He visited me too, but I had an iron clad alibi..I was playing raquetball with his Deputy of Operations...He's a friend of mine.."said Larry.
 Bee Bee shook her head....I think she agreed with Kahlil and me that this was crazy, Not that she was arrested, but that this man was going to pay us to defend her..the woman who wronged him...
 Sofia was in the minority ,thinking it was romantic and sweet...
 Jade was walking in just then, I said to her..

"His ex-wife ,Polly has been arrested, charged with killing Swearington."I said.
 "You look like you know about it."said Kahlil.
''I do! Someone, her general build and stature was seen entering his house at 7;50 that afternoon..Yelling and screaming was heard and then they were seen leaving at 8:00 pm and they walked a block and caught a cab...I'm trying to track down the cabbie...but it's worse...her fingerprints were found in the house...The bathroom ....A lot of them."said Jade.

"Of course they'd be there...She was his wife...She had lived there."said Larry.."At least up until about a month ago.

''Well let's go to Central Booking and see her before Lt. Tragg coaxes a confession out of her."said Yvette.

 "He can do that?" asked  Larry.
''He can try!"said Yvette..."Come on, let's get down there." said Yvette.







II-

 At Central Booking, Lt. Tragg sat staring at Polly Rogers-Swearington..
"You're making this hard on yourself Polly.." he said.


"I'm going to tell you again and then I'm not going to say this anymore...I did not kill him...I don't care what evidence you think you have...I did not kill him.That's all I'm gonna say." said Polly.

 ''We've got your fingerprints at the scene..All over the scene."said Lt. Tragg.
 "They would be there genius...We were married! I lived there up until a month ago..."said Polly...
 "Polly, you don't have to say anything else...I'm here with attorneys....This is Attorney Yvette Jones."said Larry.
 "Hello.."said Ms. Yvette.
"Hello, I'm Attorney Keith Jones." I said..

 "Well Helllllllllllllllllllllllloooooo." she said seductively, looking me up and down...
 "I'M ATTORNEY BEATRICE EVANS!" said Bee Bee..
 "I'm Attorney Sofia Garcia." said Sofia.
 "I'm Attorney Kahlil Ahmed.."said Kahlil..
 ''And I'm Jade Lee, Investigator.." said Jade.
 'Well My My My...You brought out the troops Larry.."said Polly.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for the love of Pete." said a frustrated Lt. Tragg, who had kept Polly up for eight hours , hoping to sweat a confession out of her before any lawyers showed up... He stomped his foot and stormed out of the courtroom..

''Who put starch in his boxer shorts?" she asked...

''We are going to try and get you arraigned as quickly as possible..." said Yvette.

"Ms. Yvette, we got Judge Morrison, Keith Morrison."said Sofia..

 "My pops" I whispered to Bee Bee..
 She rubbed my arms...

"Yes..This should bode well for us.." she said.
"Let's get her out of here." said Kahlil..

''Sit tight Polly...We are going to get you out of here.." said Ms. Yvette.


 Polly looked at Larry..

"Thank You Larry....Thank You so much....I don't deserve any help from you...I know...but I'm desperate..I didn't kill Russell..." she said, nearly in tears.
Larry said nothing..He quietly left.


III-

We arraigned our client in court, hours later..

 My dad, Judge Keith Morrison was presiding...We hadn't seen each other in awhile..
 ADA Cal McCafferty was prosecuting...He was glad that Judge Reynolds was not the Judge...My dad had no axe to grind with Lt. Tragg...

He made a spirited argument that our client had committed a bizzarre class A felony and was indeed a danger to herself and the community and should be denied bail..
Lt. Tragg smiled, agreeing...

But my dad was hopelessly lost in thought.
 "Ummmph, I shouldn't be looking at Bee Bee like that, she's probably my future daughter in law, but the body on that girl, lawwwwd!  I know she is driving my poor son crazy in the bed..:" he thought..
 "And his boss, Ms. Yvette Jones...Myyyyy goddd...She's sexy as hell, what I could do with that...Lawwwwwwd" he thought..
"And that spanish girl...Sofie, Sofia...what's her name? She's got a body on her....I don't know how my son concentrates..." he thought.
 He wasn't even paying attention to their spirited arguments saying our client was not a flight risk and had no priors...
 He did listen to my argument...

"I'm so proud of my son...He is becoming such a good Attorney." he thought..
 Kahlil rubbed Polly's arms..

"I think we are going to be just fine." he said.
"If you say so.." she said..

He set bail at $2000.00 dollars and

And Larry wrote a check for $200.00, essentially setting Polly free!


We spirited her away to our special lunch spot . A Diner in Camden , New Jersey....,Lt. Tragg was probably livid that once again a suspect had made bail and we didn't feel like dealing with him at lunch time.
We had a huge pitcher of Ice Tea for the table..
Half of us had spaghetti
The other half had Fetticune Alfreda..

There was a nice salad for everybody....
 "Hot stuff this is soooo nice...I'm so glad we came here today.." said Bee Bee, who was sitting on my lap..
 I smiled sheepishly, almost blushing..

"I'm glad we came here today too!" I said.
 Bee Bee placed a slow and sweet kiss on my lips...
 This wasn't lost on Polly, who had been smiling at me seductively throughout the hearing..
 ''Well don't just sit there, dig in.."said Yvette, who had put this meal on the company credit card...It was going to be listed as a business meal...Which of course it was..
 "You don't have to tell me twice." said Kahlil..
 ''Me neither."said Sofia..

Needless to say...We all chowed down....
 Ms. Jade broke the ice...

"What they've got is your fingerprints practically all over the house...You and the deceased were married. Up until a month ago..so your prints and DNA would be in the house..You lived there..But I found the UBER driver... I showed him your photo, he positively identified you as the woman he drove there ." said Jade.
 "You were there Polly what happened.?" asked Larry.
 "Don't leave out anything Polly." said Ms. Yvette..
"I was there that day, but earlier, not at 7:59 pm or whenever he said..  Russell called me at 3:35 pm, Said He wanted to talk...I thought he wanted to talk about reconciling... I got there a little after 4:00. I took the bus.


 "We cracked a bottle of wine...I thought we were going to talk about getting back together...
 But all Russell wanted to talk about was having sex.... I was a little tipsy, he was very drunk and one thing led to another..
 and before I knew it...He had me bent over the kitchen table...having his way with me...
 and on the living room floor...
and on the couch....

We made sweet love for THREE HOURS! After we finished...I was getting dressed and he informed me that this didn't mean we were getting back together...He was just horny ,he said.. I slapped his face..I said how could I have been such a fool.....

He told me not to feel bad, that he wasn't marrying anybody...and that meant his secretary, Robin Tolbert, who he had been cheating on me with...

I was crushed.. I was hurt...I called an Uber....He picked me up at around 7:00 pm....That's when I left..I don't know who was there within the next hour, but it wasn't me...and that's the truth." said Polly.

 "Did you stop at any stores, did you buy anything? anything that justify you being somewhere else at the time?" asked Jade.
 "We need to build you an alibi.."said Yvette.
 "No but one of my neighbors saw me..Alfreda Johnson...I have been staying in the same apartment complex she lives in...She saw that I had been crying and she gave her tissue...Her boyfriend was with her..He's a District Attorney too!" she said..

She noticed that Kahlil and Sofia were enjoying an after meal kiss..
 "Ummmmm that's as sweet as my spaghetti sauce." said Kahlil..
 "Damnnn girl.." added Kahlil..
 Sofia giggled.


"Damn! Those two are together too?" said Polly, shaking her head and smiling.

 "My staff is uh very close."said Yvette, smiling..
"I see."laughed Polly.

"Their relationships is the least of your concerns Polly, We have to build you a credible alibi.."said Larry...

"We know Alfreda Johnson, she's the office manager for Olivia and Beverly...I can interview her and Rockland....The Cabbie can give me a receipt and we have your Keycard records and credit card receipt...Now who is this secretary?  I need to know her whereabouts?"asked Jade.

"That whore..Her name is Robin Tolliver...I'll give you her address and phone number..."said Polly.





IV-

 At Sam Mother's Diner...

Attorney Brenda Jordan was
sipping Ice Tea and sitting by herself when Lt. Arthur Tragg walked in and sat next to her..She bristled at his presence...

 "Welllll Helllllllllllllooooo." he said to Brenda raffishly...He put his hand around her waist...She forecfully removed it...
 She sighed ..."Hello Lieutenant."
 "I thought your girlfriend, Yvette Jones and her snot nosed kids would be in here with their latest client, Polly Swearington, who they just got out on bail...A MURDERESS! How do you like that?" he scoffed.
 "Well they're not..and since my client is deceased..I no longer have anything to do with this case.." she said, hoping he would leave...

She looked up and saw Yvette's boyfriend, Gary Lockwood m an Investigator for the D.A.'s office..

"Hey Gary!" she said, smiling. Relieved that he had showed up!
"Hey Brenda...How ya doin?" he said as he sat down at the counter...

"A Burger Sam, well done, Cheese, lettuce , mayo, tomatoes and fried onions." he said.

"What are you drinkin Gary?" asked Sam.

"Ice Tea...Oh and throw in some Onion rings."said Gary..

"Got'cha!" said Sam Mother.

 "That's what I just had.."said Brenda, tossing some cash on the counter...
 Gary looked at Lieutenant Tragg..

"Lieutenant" he said.
''Where is your girlfriend? Neither she ,nor those kids are at their job or here..I would like to speak with them about this case." said Lt. Tragg..

"I can't help you...Haven't seen her since this morning, when she left for court..." said Gary..

 His cheeseburger arrived
so did his onion rings....He began to chow down!

Lt. Tragg looked around for Brenda, but she had quietly left...He wasn't going to get anything out of Gary, who was busy chowing down...

He turned and left..

 While in Camden...
 "Go back to your girlfriend's place where you've been staying and keep a low profile...If Lt. Tragg shows up, exercise your right to remain silent..You don't have to answer any of his questions...You refer him to me..Is that understood?" said Yvette..
"Understood.  Thanks again for everything.." said Polly..

 "We'll be in touch..." I said.
 ''We'll send you a Portal...We'll communicate with you through the portal, that way...No face to face meetings, nobody overhearing anything and no Lt. Tragg." said Bee Bee.
 "I imagine he's leaving Sam Mother's joint right about now as angry as a Hornet's nest that's been disturbed.."said Sofia.
 "You're about right.."laughed Kahlil..

"Who cares?" laughed Jade.
"I like your team...They're cute.."laughed Polly...



Later that night ...


There was a knock at the door of the apartment, Polly was staying in.

 "Larry, I'm surprised to see you here.."said Polly... "Thank you again for getting those lawyers to defend me.." she said.

She was wearing some really short and tight shorts...and a sheer lacy top that didn't hide her black bra..

"Why are you staring at me like that?" she asked...
 He didn't say anything, he just continued to stare..
This led to a long sensuous kiss...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I missed this... Thank you soo much Larry....I guess , I guess you still care about me.." she said as they kissed..

"I never stopped.."he said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned..

 and him unbottoning her shorts...and running his hands down into her panties...

"My girlfriend is uh staying over her man's apartment tonight.."said Polly.

"Good!" he said...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed and smiled devilishly...
 He slipped her bra off and slipped her panties down...His trousers dropped to his ankles and he lifted her up and entered her...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!! I've missed you soooo much!" she moaned...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he sighed..

"LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!" she hollered to the top of her lungs..
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, she moaned...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

Soon they were in bed, making sweet love.......

The rest of the night....

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments:

Post a Comment