Monday, August 24, 2020

Polly

 Somewhere in  Philadelphia, a bathtub is overflowing...Water is running furiously and pouring on the bathroom floor and running down the hallway and down the stairs of a Tony townhouse.
 And in another part of Philadelphia, Attorney Yvette Jones and her staff are enjoying a delicious meal at a very Tony Bistro...
 ''Oh My God, this food is delish..." said Ms. Yvette...
 ''It is Ms. Yvette, It's soooo good, I almost forgot why we are here."said My girlfriend, Attorney Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans..
 ''We are supposed to meet our client here, the one Mr. Pratt asked us to talk to." I said.  I'm Attorney Keith Jones..and I work with Ms. Yvette, along with my girlfriend, Bee Bee and my best buds, Attorney Kahlil Ahmed and  his girlfriend, Attorney Sofia Garcia and our investigator and friend, Jade Lee.
 ''Yeah, he wants to see us about a will or something.." said Attorney Kahlil Ahmed...who was thoroughly enjoying his meal and the Sangria that came with it..
 "If he doesn't hurry up....We are going to be finished our meal.." said Sofia...
 "He'll be here...When I talked to him on the phone, he said it sounded urgent..."said Ms. Jade...
and meanwhile at the tony townhouse...the bathtub continued to overflow, water was still running down the hallway, down the steps and into the living room and now seeping out the door..

 A Handsome young Black man in a white linen shirt walked over to our table...

''You must be Yvette Jones, the Attorney Mr. Pratt told me about." he said.
Ms Yvette smiled -

''And you are Lawrence Rodgers, correct?" said Yvette.
 ''Ouuuuu he's cute." whispered Ms. Jade to Yvette/
 ''Yes he is...I just hope he's not a jerk." she whispered back to Jade.
"I'm so sorry I'm late...I had to uh get some paper work done and tend to some things in the office...I'm a partner in a real estate company....That's part of the reason I'm here." he said and sat down....

"I see you all enjoyed the cuisine...I used to eat here often, which is why I suggested this place... Uh Sangria please." he said to the waiter.

 "I'm a senior Associate Attorney at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt  , these are my associates..
 Attorney Keith Jones
 Attorney Beatrice Evans..
 Attorney Sofia Garcia
 and Attorney Kahlil Ahmed
 and our investigator, Jade Lee." said Yvette..
"Myyyy, a pretty diverse and attractive bunch...."said Lawrence Rodgers... "Please call me Larry.

"I'll get right down to cases....I would like to disolve my partnership with Russell Swearington...I'm sure he'll approach you in a few days with his Attorneys, but I want to strike first....I want a 50/50 split of all profits....I want to buy his share out...." said Larry..

 "You're moving on into something different huh?" I said..
 "I'm disolving our partnership...You see, He and my wife ,Polly had been having a relationship behind my back for a year....Well, I should say ex- wife...They are married now! At first it was little things that gave it away...He'd be over the house when I was away on business..She would be wearing new perfume, getting new hairstyles ,buying lingerie, racy lingerie that I never saw...and yet was being worn and they way they would giggle and share personal jokes amongst themselves....After awhile it was so obvious that I just confronted them both...Neither denied it...

We got a divorce and within weeks, before the ink was dry on the paper....They got married at City Hall and had a big wedding a few months later...Had the nerve to invite me...but I didn't go....This was a year ago."said Larry..
 ''Wowwwwww...I guess that would do it." said Kahlil.
"I tried to be amicable...for the business sake..We were very successful...but I couldn't take it after awhile...I couldn't see him with my wife any further..."said Larry.

 "Of course not...That's more than anybody could reasonably stand for....So you want to disolve the business and buy your partner out....We'll get started on that right away..."said Yvette..
 "Find out who his Attorney is and set up a meet...You of course know where our office is.."said Sofia.
 "Oh My God...Your business partner is pretty brazen..."said Bee Bee..
"Russell is a liar and a womanizer....I tried to tell Polly that....Even now, they are seperated and he is seeing another woman...His Administrative Assistant..." said Larry Rodgers..

 "WHATTT? It's Only Been a Year! " said Jade
 "My God! What a Horn Dog!"said Yvette.
"I can think of a few other names for him.....Anyway, the second thing I want to do is redo my will...I would like to leave everything to my ex-wife, Polly..." said Larry Rodgers.

 "Come Again?" I said.
 "You're ex wife, Polly?" said Bee Bee.
 ''She dumped you for your partner.."said Sofia.
"Yeah....You're leaving everything to her?" asked Kahlil..

"She's about to be  put out on the street....They didn't sign a pre nup....and when their divorce is final..and it should be in a week or so...She stands to get nothing...I want her to have my entire estate...." said Larry..

 "I don't understand." said Yvette..
"I still love her...I still Love Polly." said Larry Rogers..

and in a tony downtown townhouse....A bathtub still overflows with water...water is still running down the hallway and down the steps and into the parlor... Water is now seeping out the door and running down the steps...





II-

TWO DAYS LATER-


Ms. Yvette and Jade drove up to Russell Swearington's Townhouse....

 "I hate being blown off...After we called him five times...I called him at least five times...and I had the guys call his business at least four times...

 "Sorry Ms. Yvette...They say he hasn't been at work in two days..." I said.
 "I called too...Nobody has seen or heard from him." said Bee Bee..
 "I called his Personal Cell phone...It went to voicemail and I called his job...They said they'd leave him a message.."said Sofia..
"I called his Attorney, you'll never guess who it is." said Kahlil..  "Our Old friend, Brenda Jordan..."laughed Kahlil..."She says he hasn't returned her calls or her texts....They were supposed to meet today and he appears to have blown her off too.."said Kahlil
"That was yesterday.." said Jade as they parked and headed up to his townhouse....

 They noticed a stream of water seeping out the front door..
 "Oh My God....there is water running down his front steps....Coming from inside the house..and his mail!! There is two days worth of mail here...It's soaking wet...."said Yvette..
 "Ms. Jones...we meet again." said Attorney Brenda Jordan..."You must be representing Larry Rodgers...I'm representing Russell Swearington....Oh my....where is all this water coming from?  Is that his mail...It's soaked." she said...
 "The door is open." said Jade, who took a hankerchief out of her pocketbook and tried the door..It was indeed open..She didn't want her prints on the door..
 Brenda smiled..
 Once the door was open, the girls saw a torrent of water splashing and running down the stairs ..A lot of water splashed on them..

"OH MY GOD!!!  It seems to be coming from upstairs.." said Yvette...
 "Let's go upstairs."said Jade...

"What the hell is going on here..?" asked Brenda Jordan, who followed Yvette and Jade up the stairs..
They found that the water was coming from the bathtub, which was overflowing...Water still running..and the nude body of Russell Swearington, dead for about 48 hours was in the tub... His lifeless eyes staring up at them and a nice neat hole was in the middle of his forehead...He had bled out...The water was crimson red and still flowing , running across the floor ,down the hall, down the steps and out into the street,..

 Jade took her hankerchief out of her purse and turned the water off...

"I'll bet his water bill is murder, no pun intended.., for the past two days alone." said Jade, smiling..
 "Very funny...I'm kinda drenched..." said Yvette..
"Oh my God...He's been murdered...I uh suppose we should call the police huh?" said Brenda.

"Yes...That would be the thing to do..." said Yvette...


III-

 "Cause of death is a gunshot wound to the head Doc....Perp used a .38 caliber....Shot him and he fell into the bathtub....Water was running...already....He was dead when he hit the drink." said a Crime Scene Investigator..
 "Wow...He's been dead about two days...and being in this cold water has actually preserved him a little..Rigor hasn't set in too bad.."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, Forensic Investigator and County Coroner.
 "We found him in the tub...Staring straight at us...Water still running..We turned it off.."said Yvette.
 "I'm really surprised his neighbors didn't notice the steady stream of water seeping from under his door. There was a puddle in the street."said Brenda.
 ''Wowwww, talk about theatre of the bizzare.." I said.
 "God this scene would give me nightmares for weeks if I had walked in on it." said Bee Bee.
 ''Me too!"said Sofia.
"This seems like something that would happen on television." said Kahlil..

 Two Police Cars drove up , Facing each other in the opposite direction..
 Lt. Tragg got out, flanked by six uniformed officers , who entered the building..
 "Oh Godddd...Why him? Why not anyone but him." Hazel sighed.,
 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Godddd! Why Him??, Anyone but him!!" sighed Brenda Jordan..
''What the hell happened here? Did somebody drown?  There's a puddle of water outside and the living room and stairs are soaked.." he said as he entered the bathroom..


Saw the overflowing bathtub and the nude corpse in the water staring at the ceiling....
"Holy Mackerel, what in the hell is this?" exclaimed Lt. Tragg.

 ''His name is Russell Swearington ...We were supposed to meet with him on a legal matter...He and his partner, who I am representing were disolving their business...When I didn't hear from him...Jade and I drove over here.."said Yvette.
 "Ms, Yvette, Ms. Jordan and I entered the house..The door was open and we found him in the bathtub with a thirty eight slug in his head."said Jade..
 "Crazy aint it?" I said..
 "We just got here, a little before you lieutenant."said Bee Bee..
 "Craziest thing I ever saw." said Sofia.
"Me too!" said Kahlil..

 "And uhhhh what are you doing here?" he said to Attorney Brenda Jordan in a low seductive tone..
 "He was my client...His name was Russell Swearington...I was handling the disolution of his company and his pending divorce.."said Brenda.
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Divorce eh?.....I've never been married."said Lt. Tragg..

 "Somehow I don't find that surprising." said Brenda Jordan...




Yvette, Hazel and Jade snickered....

 "Soooo this soon to be ex-wife got a name?" asked Lt. Tragg..
 "We don't know her...We were just representing the husband."said Jade.
''She's right."said Yvette... "Come on, let's get out of here...Let the Lieutenant do his work."said Yvette. She wasn't going to give him any more information than what he could glean from the murder scene.

 "Excellent idea." said Jade.
 ''Let's grab Breakfast."said Bee Bee.
 "Bee , you took the words out of my mouth baby." said Kahlil..
 "I'm starving." said Sofia.
 "Me too." I said.,
 Lt. Tragg didn't try to stop us...He knew where to get in contact with us ,if he had anymore questions, but he did stop Brenda.

"He was your client...I uh would like to talk to you a little more.. You uh still seeing that kid?" he asked.
"That has nothing to do with this case, but if you must know..Yes, We are still friends..with benefits" sighed Brenda, wishing she could have left with Yvette and us.....

After a brief conversation...The body was removed from the tub, which was emptied and placed in a body bag and loaded on to a gurney.

Preparing it to go to the morgue..

IV-

 That night at Gary's house...
 "I tell you Vettie, you have the most interesting life, bar none...I investigate dull cases for the D.A.'s office and you....You walk into the most bizzare murder scene of the year....A guy with a bullet hole between his eyes , submerged in a tub of water that's been running for two days...wowwwwwwww!" said her boyfriend, Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the District Attorney's Office.
 "It's a sight nightmares are made of... I'm just glad Jade and Brenda were there with me...." said Yvette..

 ''Well you won't have any nightmares tonight because you're here with me.....I've got my arms around you.."whispered Gary in Yvette's ears...
''You've got your hands up my night shirt, easing my panties down is more like it.."said Yvette..
 "To help you relax and sleep baby.." said Gary..

"Ohhhhhhhh that's what you're doing.." said Yvette as they began deep throat kissing....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...yessss" moaned Gary...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." cooed Yvette...
 "I think you're going to sleep well tonight." said Gary..
 "Am I? Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." moaned Yvette softly...
 She and Gary continued kissing....


Soon they were both in the middle of the floor of his bedroom, nude, kisssing each other passionately...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu look at you.....As hard as an iron pipe...Ummmmmmm." Yvette moaned..


Soon they were in bed...making sweet, sweet love for hours

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Gary..." Yvette cooed... as the bed began to squeak out of control..and the headboard began to rattle...


 While in another part of town, a phone is ringing...
 Larry Rogers answeres....

"Hello" he says..
"Larry...Larry....It's me, Polly....I'm in trouble....Russell's dead...They think I killed him...I swear, I didn't kill him...I wanted to...but I didn't kill him...I need your help!" said Polly.


(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments:

Post a Comment