Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Something Where it's Not

STANGA STATE PRISON-
 

VISTORS ROOM



Disgraced Former Detective Phillip "Philly" Marlowe had no idea why he was being summoned...He was serving Life, No parole for the 2006 murder of  Black Female Civil Rights Attorney and Activist, Juanita Townsend...The Aunt of our friend,

Attorney, Bresha Billips, who was part of Olivia and Beverly's team.

He didn't recognize the three young people seated in the room.. A Black woman, A Black man and a white woman. He thought the white woman was very attractive...He wondered why she was with these two Black people.

"You Guys lawyers?" he asked.


"Yes we are...We are staff attorneys for the Wrongful Conviction Unit of The Philadelphia District Attorneys Office.. I am Natalie Charles...
This is my husband, Attorney David Charles
and our friend, Attorney Brooke Mars...." said Natalie.


"I'm not here to blow sunshine up your ass Mr. Marlowe...I know who you are and why you are here..You murdered the auntie of one of my dear friends, Mrs. Bresha Billips... We are here because we intend to reopen one of your other cases The case of Teddy or Theodore Bellamy... Remember him? You arrested him and you sent him up for life, no parole...He was 17 at the time...I had just graduated from law school...He's 34 years old now..He's been here all this time.. He ironically enough is in this same prison...He can't get to you because you are safely in segregation...I hear there are quite a few guys here you put here Mr. Marlowe..."said Natalie.


He already knew he didn't like Natalie...He looked at her, folded his arms and sighed defiantly.


"You arrested a 17 year old boy accused him of a triple murder that you half ass investigated..You and the late great Jack Tragg....Teddy Bellamy's conviction relied heavily on the false testimony of two witnesses who later recanted their version of events.This was not made known to the jury or the original Defense Attorney in the case/"said David.
 

"Once the police and prosecution files were reopened for closer examination of the case files, it was clear there were major inconsistencies with timing, as well as other witness testimonies and evidence pointing to other individuals—critical information that was also improperly withheld from Mr. Bellamy's original defense attorney at the time."said Brooke.


He sighed... ''So what do you want?'" he asked.



"We need you to testify by Video Affadavit that you intimidated witnesses and that you and the Late Captain Jack Tragg withheld information from the Prosecution and the Defense...The Original prosecutor is now deceased...,The Other arresting officer, Captain Jack Tragg . is also deceased. We have the original defense attorney's testimony....but now we need you."said Natalie.


"You want me to cop to that right? Witness tampering? You're mad....Why should I cop to that?" said Phill Marlowe..


"You've got nothing to lose...You're already serving Life , No Parole....You could help an innocent guy get out of here, Do something decent for once in your life...Why hold another man down? Look , you're bulletproof...There is nothing else legally that could be done to you...We could even offer you immunity from further prosecution if that's what you want." said David.


"Nah...that kid could have been guilty of this or not...but even if he was innocent...He'd of probably of done something else, if he wasn't up for this." said Marlowe tersely...


Natalie smiled and stood up...

"I didn't expect much if any help from the likes of you, but I figured I'd give it a try...I figured there was still a piece, a shred of human decency somewhere in you...I was wrong." she said.


"That's the problem with you bleeding heart liberals...always looking for something where it's not!" he laughed. "Guard!" he called out...As the guard led him back to his cell. He looked at the three attorneys and laughed maniacally.... They'd be getting no help from him.

"Come on Baby , you didn't reaally expect him to help you out did you?" asked David, hugging Natalie.
"I thought there might be a speck of human decency in him..Bresha told me this was a waste of time. I should have listened to her..but this trip wasn't a total waste of time...We did get to see Teddy and tell him that  we appealed and won...Got his original case overturned in State Appellate court. said Natalie.
"That was great lawyering on all our parts....Like he said, you were looking for something, where it's not  girlfriend. Let's grab a bite to eat and get out of here....Let's work on getting Teddy transferred to the Holding Facility in Philadelphia."said Brooke.

They found a diner...The one Jessica and Chip told them about and grabbed a bite to eat...
and that afternoon they were on the train back to Philly.


Where Sean Marks met his wife Brooke and his neighbors, Natalie and David.






At 30th and Market Streets and drove them home.


II-


THE NEXT NIGHT, Everybody was at the No I.D. Bar...right across the street from where mostly everyone worked.

It was a little overcast, but everyone felt like getting out tonight... When Brooke, Sean, Natalie and David  walked into the bar, they were greeted with smiles and waves.. Everyone had seats in the middle of the bar.. The same way they were when Natalie and Brooke first ran into everyone in here that they now hung out with on a regular.

Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her crew of Husband, Donnie Ray, niece, Beverly, Beverly's husband Nelson, Associate Attorneys, Josie Boyd and her husband, Paris, Bresha Billips and her husband, Tony, Office Manager , Alfreda and her husband, ADA Rockland Cambridge and their neighbors , Zoey and Lem were all sitting together at a big table.

"Hey Natalie, Brooke, Sean, David... Hope you didn't drive down...We brought the buses."    said  Olivia.

''We came on Public Transportation.."said Brooke.
"We knew you'd be here with the buses."said Natalie.
''And we see you've brought food too!" said Sean....
"Yeah, Tacos."said David.



"The Tacos aren't ours. The Bar presented us with this."said Donnie Ray..
"Yeah and it's a damn good idea too! I love em." said Beverly...
"You'd better dig in before they are all gone."said Nelson...
"Relax, they are bringing out another tray."said Josie, smiling..
"Oh Good!  These Tacos are slammin." said Paris.


"Bresha , you were right...Phillip Marlowe is Human Excrement...A Totally worthless human being."said Natalie.

"I told you...I told you you could expect nothing from him. Bastard."said Bresha.
"Tell us how you really feel doll."said her husband, Tony.
"I totlally understand how she feels, that beast killed her auntie."said Alfreda.
"He also may have set this boy up they're trying to save...He comes from a dirty era.. Jack and Arthur Tragg Sr. were horrible cops and the cops under them were more like criminals... Their Son and Nephew isn't quite as bad as they were, but he's not much better. I'm glad most of those guys are gone now."said Rockland.

"He sure has a thick head...How many beatings is he going to have to take to get it through his thick skull to stop harrassing people?" asked Zoey.
"I don't care, as long as I get to witness these beat downs."laughed Lem, grabbing a nice warm Taco from the tray...






At the table right behind them was Yvette Jones Lockwood, her husband Gary, Keith Jones, Bee Bee Jones, Sofia Garcia Ahmed, Kahlil Ahmed, Jade Lee Ho and her husband, Lt. Danny Ho, Ms. Virginia and her husband , Judge Jetty Dukes.




''Mmmmmmmmmm These Tacos are delish.."said Ms. Yvette.
''This is just what the doctor ordered." said Gary
"Yes Indeed...I got you two on a plate dear."said Keith Jones to his wife, Bee Bee
"Thank you love" said Bee Bee.
''What a week...What a past few weeks...We haven't all been together like this in awhile."said Sofia.
"I know we've all been in court and out of the building..This is nice."said Kahlil.
Jade laid back on her husband, danny's shoulders while sipping a Martini.
Danny Ho smiled and finished his Beer and grabbed another Beer..
''What a week...What a past few weeks...We haven't all been together like this in awhile."said Virginia.

"Yeah...this is nice!"said her husband, Jetty.







Behind them was Jazzy, Dabnis, Jessica, Chip, Kayla and Ray....What Lt. Tragg called "The Hangers on."
"These Tacos are delish." said Jazzy.
"Yes they are... These Beers are the way I like em, Cheap and with a kick!"said Dabnis.
Jessica cracked up laughing.
So did her husband, Chip.
"I love it when we are all together....The Cafeteria has been so empty the past few weeks with everybody in court and all..It was kinda lonely, just me and You, Jazzy and Dabnis and Tony."said Kayla.
"Heyyyy weren't we good company?"laughed Ray...."Anyway...everybody is back now..." he said..

Sean, Brooke, Natalie and David took a smaller table near them all.....
"So what is your next move?" asked Sean.
''We work on getting Teddy transferred to the Holding Facility here in Philly...You've already succeeded in getting his conviction reviewed...Good Job Natalie.."said Brooke.
''We are going to need an investigator.. We need to locate those recanting witnesses. " said Natalie.
"Olivia said we can use her law library tomorrow after we come back from Brunch. I'll talk to Gary Lockwood about being our investigator."said David.

''Good, we have a good start...But nowww. enough shop talk...Let's drink." said Natalie as she passed Martinis to Brooke, her husband Sean and her husband, David.

"Cheers" said Sean.
"Cheers" said Brooke.
"Cheers" said David...
"Cheers" said Natalie..

Kissing her husband.....


Halfway across the city at Curley's Bar...

ADA Karen Page sat by herself.... She wished she'd gone to the No I.D. Bar where her staff and all of her friends were,,, but B.L. had wanted a nice quiet night with just the two of them...Her phone rang..

It was B.L.
"Karen, it was me... When I came from the studio you won't believe this...Somebody had let the air out of all four of my tires...I'm waiting on a tow and triple A.. I'll call you back and let you know of my progress...I'm sorry baby..." he said.


Lt. Tragg had run into Karen in court earlier in the week... He overheard her and B.L. on the phone making plans to meet at Curleys on Friday for a quiet night of drinks and quiet conversation...He paid some kids to let the air out of all of B.L.'s tires at the Television station.

So here he was In Curleys and here Karen was...With no cover... All of her little playmates meaning, Natalie, Brooke, David, Yvette and company, Olivia and company and their assorted hangers on were god knows where right now...but it was quite evident they weren't coming in here....He had Karen all to himself.

He naturally invited himself to her table...

"Karen....where's your uh boyfriend tonight?" he asked...Laughing...

"He had car trouble...He was supposed to meet me here."said Karen...

''Awwwwwww , you hungry?? I'll buy..... One Citris Martini for the lady and a Beer for me." he said..

"Oh Nooo, you, you don't have to do that.." said Karen...
"I insist" he said as their two drinks came up....


A Citris Martini for her and a Beer for him...


''Well thank you." said Karen.

''So ....where are your uh little rugrats and their assortment of friends tonight?" asked Lt. Tragg.

''They are off the clock...It's not my job to watch them..."said Karen, who regretted being here and with him..


"Liv and Vettie don't understand that...They're around those kids 24/7.....I'm never around my sub-ordinates...Especially after work..." he said self righteously.... He had a pleased as punch look on his face, rubbing her legs and inching his hands up under her skirt...

"That explains soooo much!"said Karen sarcastically, knowing it was lost on Lt. Tragg completely.She removed his hands.....

"Ugh Ugh Artie...There you go again....always looking for something where it's not!"said Karen.



"Come on Baby...You need to give me a chance...I've been wanting you for a long time now..."said Lt. Tragg.....To his astonishment, B.L. Walked in..

"Hey Artie!   Karen you won't believe it...Triple A actually got there right after I got off the phone with you..They filled my tires....Apparently some punk kids in the neighborhood must have let the air out of my tires..Let's get out of here... Let's go back to your place."said B.L.

Karen finished her drink....

"Thanks for the drink Arthur" she said and followed B.L. out the door.


Lt. Tragg was livid....He sat there by himself and finished his beer.. "Of all the nights for Triple A to come on time"..He grumbled...

III-


THREE DAYS LATER..
Natalie, David and Brooke went to visit Teddy Bellamy at the Holding Center in Philadelphia. It had been his first time in Philadelphia since 2007, when he was sentenced and shipped away...When riding here on the prison bus, he took everything in...The Air..The Streets, The people and the clothes they wore...He was excited....Even being in the clean and modern holding center....

He was glad to see Natalie.,who still was a fox...even more so now....


 He thought his older brother , also incarcerated now in a Federal Prison in Arizona, had been a fool to ever let Natalie go...Everybody told him so... Natalie was smart, was going places.. She made good grades in school, didn't party too much and went on to be a lawyer... 

She had gone to Girls High, Temple and Georgetown, worked in D.C. for awhile and was now back in Philly, Married and a Staff Attorney for the Wrongful Conviction Unit of the District Attorneys Office.
His brother, her ex-boyfriend was finishing the 9th year of a 10 year stretch in Federal prison... He was in Arizona...He was expected to be home next year some time..


Natalie's husband seemed alright.. He was also a Staff Attorney for the Wrongful Conviction Unit of the District Attorneys Office.  It figures she would marry another lawyer...

The white girl, Brooke was a fox and was so cool...She knew the slang and was down to Earth.....She seemed like she had been around Black people a lot... Natalie had told him the two of them had been Public Defenders and that Brooke was married to a Black man... It all made sense... 

Olivia and Yvette 


had told them that it was always good to bring food when visiting a client in jail...

They stopped by Cakeman Raven's Bakery and  bought him a continental bteakfast of Bagels, Cream Cheese and Jelly, Doughnuts, A Thermos of Coffee..Pastries and Orange Juice...He was very grateful.







He was very grateful....

He asked David..

"Yo man is  Jake's still open? They made the best dogs...I remember them before I went up." he said.


"Yeah, you like Jakes???....Next time we come up...I'll bring you the hook up from Jakes. And Some Hoagies from Atlantic...They're still around.."said David.

"YOOOOOOOO! You from Around the way..." said Teddy , smiling..


"Yeah man..."said David.
"Nat, your husband is alright!"said Teddy, smiling..


"I'm glad he meets your approval....How is your brother doing?" asked Natalie.

"He's in Arizona in a Federal Prison...He went up about ten years ago...Drug charges... He should be coming home either next year or uh later this year...He almost done... It would be nice if my moms could have both of her sons out of prison for the first time in awhile." said Teddy..


"We are working on that.... Tell us about what got you in here Teddy and don't leave anything out."said Brooke softly....



"I was 17, I used to drive for this guy named Larry Barker...Larry Barker  had all the corners in our area..All the dealers and touts sold and gave money to him.....He was the boss, the kingpin...There was a rival crew that was selling in the heart of Larry's area...He gave the word... "Take em out..." I was just his driver...He didn't allow me to carry a gun...All I did was drive and he paid me $150.00 a day....I spent it mostly on runs...sneakers and nice fly gear so I could profile in school and he made me stay in school even though I wanted to quit and join him on the streets...

One night three guys, muscle for the rival crew run by Scar, an up and coming playa ambushed Larry Barker, killing him!...I just escaped with my life... a few days later...The three guys who killed Larry got ambushed and killed.




Two cops, Jack Tragg and Phill Marlowe arrested me..They both tuned me up pretty bad


and took me to a smelly interrogation room where they kept me up half the night trying to get me to confess...I wouldn't... but they found somebody that would..

Jimmy Nelson....He fingered me as the shooter...Me and my friend Chris....I don't know if Chris had anything to do with it or not...but he wouldn't finger me and I didn't finer him.. Chris got  sentenced to death and I got Life no parole...only because I was 17...

Jack Tragg died two years later...and Jimmy, now out of jail himself , recanted his testimony... Chris got a lawyer, who got his death sentence tossed out...Chris got released from prison six years ago...while I', still stewing.....

One of the detectives, Phill Marlowe is himself doing life...I heard he murdered a Black woman lawyer...He's in segregation at Stanga... I swear if I could get to him...I'd make him pay for what he and his buddy did to me... I swear , I didn't kill anybody....I never owned a gun....

Jimmy Nelson isn't the only person who recanted... A girl, a prostitute named Mary Wiggins,who claimed she saw me running from the scene also recanted her testimony None of this was shared with the defense or the prosecution until after my conviction and sentencing and I can't tell you how many judges and Assistant District Attorneys just chose to look away" said Teddy.

"Is that all Teddy? Is there anything else?" asked Brooke.

"You have to tell us everything....Anything left out might be used against you."said Natalie....
"Yeah, one thing....I saw who killed those three guys....It was Scar....but neither I nor anyone else was going to fink on Scar....Scar was a Lieutenant for Manny Spain...remember him? He was moving up...He was ordered to whack those guys as a favor to one of Manny Spain's business partners.. He was too connected to say anything about...and also..Scar was a confidential police informant....even if I had told , nobody was going to touch him...He was bullet proof...but I maintained that I didn't kill those three boys...and I didn't...I didn't have a gun." said Teddy.


''Where is this Scar person today?"asked Brooke.


"He's dead just like Larry Barker, Just like Manny Spain, all killed in the Drug Game...Just like Captain Jack Tragg and just like the original Assistant District Attorney Regis Stockton...All gone from this world." said Natalie.

"And he's dead too!  heard he committed suicide a few years back." said Teddy..."Everybody's dead.."said Teddy....

"Not everybody....We are going to dig up everybody who is still around and salvage your case and get you out."said David.


"I hope you can....but it seems to me like you're looking for something where it's not...Still, I hope you guys can get me out..."said Teddy...







They left Teddy with hope.... His Mother and Sister were able to visit with him and bring him things to read and he felt a lot better....Every day here was a day better than being locked up in that prison, even if it tended to be better than some of the oter prisons in the state. Stanga Prisoners got to take classes in a classroom setting.. He had gotten his high school diploma and completed his Freshman ,sophmore and Junior year of college courses inside of the prison... Stanga had a beautiful swimming pool...He swam a lot...and married prisoners got conjugal visits...He wasn't married, but the staff liked him..He got to see his girlfriend, once a month for a weekend in one of the cottages.



"Hang in there Teddy...Hopefully we'll be back with some good news." said Natalie.


"Take Care." said Brooke.


IV-


Home after a long day.......Brooke and Sean relaxed in their new home.

"Well Mr. Marks....I'm Hommmmmmmme" said Brooke.
" I brought you dinner.. I got it from Sam Mother's Diner.. That Lt. Tragg was in there...He didn't say anything to me...but he watched me like a hawk."said Sean...


"He hates you because he knows you're with me." said Brooke as the two sat down and ate a quiet dinner...


Alexa played cool smooth jazz that they both loved.


  "Stop staring at me  like that...You look like you want to rip my clothes off." laughed Brooke as she finished washing and drying the dishes.

"I've been thinking about taking your clothes off all day..."said Sean...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu You have?  Well don't rip this dress off....It cost me a mint..Let me take it off.." cooed Brooke.
They kissed passionately.....
He lifted her dress over her head...
marveling at her pretty panties....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...OHHHHHHH MY GOD BROOKE, THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!" he said as he slipped her panties down...

"I'm glad you like them." she whispered....
He spread her legs and placed her on the bathroom sink counter and slowly and gently entered her...kissing her softly...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSSSSBAND...UMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned.. her legs moving frantically and sweat and tears streaming down her face...

She was so soft, so wet...he was once again losing his mind...

Brooke was delirious.....

"I LOVE YOU SEAN!" she whispered...

"I LOVE YOU TOO BROOKIE!" he moaned...

Her former friends and some members of her own family had put her down for marrying a Black man, but she didn't care...She had new friends, New Family...She felt good tonight..


As she sat on him, moving up and down as slow as she could....savoring every minute....Her body trembling.... Sean looking as if his eyes had rolled up into the back of his head...She had two back to back orgasms....

They had a new smart bed that didn't squeak or rattle...No need in everybody knowing they were screwing and screwing well..

FOR THE NEXT SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS!

Next Door

Natalie and David stared in each others eyes...   She was surprisingly still nervous...Realizing she was a married lady now and this was her husband...She still couldn't believe it!!!

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu you couldn't wait could you?" she asked..
"No I couldn't....I just kept staring at you ...all yummy and what not!" said David.

He was crazy about her!  It was so obvious..

And she was now admittedly crazy about him too!

"You think I'm Yummy?" she asked, smiling..

"YESSSSSs!" he said softly...

The kissing got hotter and more passionate...David dug his hands deep into her panties , while she snaked her hands into his boxers...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU STAY HARD DON'T YOU?
" she asked.... Everytime she felt it, it was rock hard....She stroked it softly.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAVID!!! LOOK AT YOUUU! UMMMMMMMMMMMM" she said.

"When I'm around you I am!" he said..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..




"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed silently as he slipped her panties down her legs and she stepped out of them, caressing and fondling his engorged and erect penis softly...

"Myyyyyyyyyyyy goodness David you are huge...!" she said..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.

David sat on the side of the bed....Natalie eased herself down on him.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAVIDDDDDD!" she moaned...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWDDDDDDDDD NATALIE!" he cried out!

She was near delirium moving up and down..
They made sweet love for the next EIGHT TO  NINE HOURS!


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWDDDDDDDDD NATALIE! I GET ON TOP OF YOU AND I CAN'T STOP" he cried out.

"I'VE UH NOTICED THAT! BUT I'M OUUUUUUUUUU NOT COMPLAINING..OH MY GODDDDDD!!!!OUUUUUUUU!" she said, smiling.

She laughed as he began to cum, the faces he made..

She was totally satisfied...She felt so good, she felt as if she might burst....

She lie on top of him..  

''Well you look happy!" she whispered.

"I am very happy" he said, softly rubbing her butt , while she continued to stroke him softly..

"I'm Happy too!" she whispered as they both dozed off..


Brooke and Natalie 's careers were where they wanted them to be at this point...both practicing the kind of law they wanted and both married and living next door to each other in a nice neighborhood, not far from great friends....It didn't get much better than this..

Still, they had a case , a case that needed to be worked on....a case from Natalie's childhood that she felt a personal stake in seeing to it's conclusion.



(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments:

Post a Comment