Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Lawyers Bearing Sandwiches


 Yvette Jones-Lockwood was so gracious...

She allowed Natalie, Brooke and Charles to use the law library in her office to do research.. the next two days...




Yvette's attorneys, Keith Jones, his wife, Beatrice Evans , Sofia Garcia Ahmed and her husband, Kahlil Ahmed helped them with research, Looking up Predicates, Laws from simular cases...Like Laws concerning this case... reading trial testimony and such....



Jessica and Chip , their old friends at the Public Defenders Office, Now with the Innocence Project came up and helped out also...It made their work a lot easier and it made their briefs and motions that much better.


Ms. Virginia, an experienced attorney herself at one time..

Looked over everything we had done and gave us sage advice....

Jade did some investigative work for us...

"I located your two witnesses who recanted their testimony...They are both in jail.Jimmy Nelson is in CFC, awaiting trial on some Burglary charges...He wants a deal in order to testify...and Mary Wiggins is in Valhalla Women's Correctional Center..She too wants a deal...She's facing 5-7 on Soliticitation charges..They both agreed to testify if they are shown some good will..."said Jade.


"Thanks Jade..."said Brooke.

The Next Two days...David ,Natalie and Brooke were at Olivia and Beverly's Office/Duplex
Everybody liked working with them...because for one.They fed you and two their workplace was so comfortable it didn't feel like you were at work.
'Dig in Everybody...You are all family...No guests here."said Alfreda as breakfast was served.
''Welcome Brooke, Natalie and David."said Olivia, who loved company...
" Nice having you guys here again.." said Donnie Ray...
'We are happy to be here."said Brooke.
"Thank you so much Olivia, Alfreda, Donnie Ray, Guys...We really appreciate all the help we've been getting."said Natalie.
"Yeah we appreciate this." said David.
"Hey look, we are all practicing the kind of law we all wanted to practice.To help people  like this."said Beverly.
"And by some miracle, we all are managing to make a little money doing it."laughed Nelson.
Josie was inspired by their dedication and pleased to be a part of such.
As was Bresha..

Breakfast was served.. Pancakes, Hash browns , sausages , Eggs to order and hot coffee for everybody...





After Breakfast-

Brooke and Natalie were assisted by Beverly, Josie and Bresha in the law library, who also helped them with research, Looking up Predicates, Laws from simular cases...Like Laws concerning this case... reading trial testimony and such....
"Thank you guys so much for helping us with this... This is a lot of material.Much more than I thought."said Brooke.
"Me too! Thankful for all of you."said Natalie.
"This is a slow week for us...We are only too glad to help."said Beverly.
"Yes , this case is interesting...I vaugely remember it..."said Josie.
"This was around the time that piece of human excrement, Detective Phil Marlowe murdered my auntie."said Bresha.Happy to reverse anything Phillip Marlowe had anything to do with.

Next door in their Media Room, David Charles was with Olivia ,Nelson and Donnie Ray, looking at potential members of the jury pool and deciding on what type of juror they wanted for a case of this type and comparing the jurors to jurors thay had used in previous cases.. David found the way Olivia and her team and Yvette worked her team fascinating... He soaked up everything he was learning like a sponge.
''Vettie told me you guys were working with her and her guys the past two days....From what I've seen of your case and from the reputations of the people who put your client away...You've got a good chance...a real good chance of getting your client free...If you should fail or have any roadblocks David, feel free to come to us...We can work out an appeal and point you in the direction of a good judge."said Olivia, who was quite fond of David Charles.
"I will Olivia..This means so much to Natalie...She had just graduated from Georgetown Law School and was home for the summer when this happened."said David.  "I had just graduated from Temple Law School.
"I was a first year Lawyer, working at the Public Defenders Office..I didn't catch this case, but I remember who did get it.  Fritz Thompson."said Nelson.

"I remember him...He hated going to court...Hated going to trial..Pleaded 80 percent of his cases out or cut a deal. He was forced to go to court on this one and he loused it up....he let ADA Regis Stockton, a fine attorney and one who never hesitated to cut corners when it suited him intimidate him, bully him and possibly with hold key evidence from him that he should have fought harder to get...May he rest in peace."said Olivia.

"Sounds like you guys entered a legal world full of swamp rats.... Hopefully most of those bad actors are gone now...What happened to this Regis Stockton charactor?"said Donnie Ray.

"Retired or dead." said Nelson.


"He was about to be indicted by the Feds for something....He jumped off the Ben Franklin Bridge one night...rather than face indictment and possible incarceration...It was a whole week before they found his body." said Beverly...

"I remember that....That happened the week I made final payments on this Duplex."said Olivia.


II-

The Next Day After Work...They went to Atlantic's a popular Steak and Hoagie Shop in Philly..
"Oh My God, I haven't been in here in years...It still smells the same." said David.
"I'll say....Mannnnn, I have memories of this place." said Sean.
"So do I."laughed Jessica.
"Me too!" said Chip.

"Oh My God....The floor is still greasy too!  Me Beverly,Kayla and Natalie spent many afternoons in here , met and dated plenty of guys in here ,oh my god..."said Natalie.


"When I got my drivers license...I used to drive up here just to get a steak or a hoagie...."said Dabnis.

Looking at the rows of Steaks and Hoagies..
"I told Bev that I'd bring her Liv, Nelson, Josie,Paris, Bresha , Tony and Aunt Alfreda some Hoagies and steaks from here.. I might eat all of theirs up before we get back." joked Kayla.
"Brooke , this place has the best sandwiches...We are going to take some up to Valhalla when we visit that suspect...." said Natalie...
"I'm a Philadelphian too!  I've heard of this place.. I've just never been here before." said Brooke.
looking at the wrapped sandwiches.......
''Don't feel bad Brookie..I had heard of this place too and never been here before..This is my first time here too!" said Ray.

David, Natalie and Brooke went to visit Teddy again at the Holding Facility...
They spent the day... David was as good as his word.. He brought a Hoagie and a Cheese Steak from Atlantic Hoagie shop for Teddy..
Teddy breathed in the aroma of the food 
"Mannnnnnn this brings back memories....David...You're alright with me...mannnnn!" said  Teddy to David.
"I told you...I told you I was gonna hook you up, didn't I?" said David.
"Natalie, your husband is alright with me!"said a very Happy Teddy.
"I am soooo glad he meets your approval!"said Natalie jokingly...Then she got serious..We've located both of  the witnesses who recanted their testimony...They're both in jail...Jimmy Nelson is in CFC, awaiting trial on some Burglary charges...He wants a deal in order to testify...and Mary Wiggins is in Valhalla Women's Correctional Center..She too wants a deal...She's facing 5-7 on Soliticitation charges.

"They've both agreed to testify on your behalf. if they are shown some good will..."said Brooke.

"Figures...Everybody wants something...Can you guys give them a deal?"asked Teddy..


"We are going to talk to the ADA's who prosecuted them....and see what we can work out..."said Brooke.

VALHALLA WOMEN'S DETENTION CENTER- The Next day!
Brooke, Natalie and David went to Valhalla Women's Correction Center to visit Mary Wiggins, A prostitute facing 5-7 years for what else? soliticitation.....

"I checked her record, this is her third fall Nat...She served 24 months in County for Petty Theft...She served a Year in Dolly Madison for Drug charges...and now she faces 5-7 years on her latest charges...
We are going to really have to do some talking when we meet with the ADA and the Judge." said Brooke.
"Jimmy Nelson will be easier....He knows things...He's been a snitch all of his life...He can trade information for his freedom....We can work something out for him.."said Natalie.
"It all depends on who we have to deal with." said David Charles..
Bull Bailey hadn't seen Brooke since the trial many months ago in which she refused to roll over for something she didn't do...The trial that proved he was actually guilty of what he was trying to get her to take a fall for...The Trial that ended his career as a Federal Investigator...The High profile job he had taken after serving as a Lieutenant on the Philadelphia Police force...How far he had fallen...He was living off of his police pension and social security and working as a check point inspector at the women's prison. It could have been worse...He could've gone to jail.

He surprisingly didn't hold any animosity towards Brooke.  He still wanted her.....He still wanted her badly....He stared at her as she walked through and surrendered her legal roller and her purse...

Brooke on the other hand was angry at the ordeal he had put her through...She didn't make eye contact with him at all...


Natalie didn't make eye contact with him either.. She was furious at what he had put Brooke through....
Bull Bailey didn't like Natalie...He felt that she was a bad influence on Brooke...He felt that Natalie was the reason Brooke had married a Black man...This wasn't true, but he believed it anyway.

He didn't know David Charles personally, only from the story of him in the newspapers , winning the big case...and marrying Natalie recently....

In the visiting room they placed the sandwiches brought from Atlantic Hoagie Shop on the table.


Mary Wiggins smiled when she walked in...She smelled the sandwiches... The Hoagie and the Cheese Steak....

"Wowwwwww, Atlantics....Is it okay?" she said.


''Sure we brought them here for you..."said Brooke.

We are staff attorneys for the Wrongful Conviction Unit of The Philadelphia District Attorneys Office.. I am Natalie Charles...
This is Brooke Mars
And My Husband, David Charles." said Natalie..

Mary spotted hot coffee in a styrofoam cup...

"Can I?" she asked,.
''Sure" said David ,passing her a tumbler of hot steaming coffee.

"You guys are laying it on thick..That Asian chick that was here a few days ago...I take it she was with yall right?" asked Mary Wiggins..
"She's a friend... We are trying to get a man out of prison who has been locked up since 2007 for a crime  he didn't committ partially because of your false testimony...This man is serving Life, no possibility of parole for a crime he didn't committ."said  Natalie.
"I know....Those three guys were killed by Scar...He dead now...but back then he was very much alive and well connected..I was afraid for my life....Not only that...Scar was a snitch for one of those detectives...Phillip Marlowe,,,,,He gave Marlowe information on cases and Marlowe turned his head the other way when it came to Scar....They both insinuated  that I'd better say that that kid did it...Teddy Bellamy, who used to drive for Frankie. Look I tried to do right...In 2010, Scar was dead....and Marlowe was out of Homicide and in another unit.. I recanted my statement...but nobody wanted to listen, nobody in the D.A.'s office and nobody at the Police Department wanted to listen...I felt bad..." said Mary Wiggins.
''Well now you can right that wrong...We are from the D.A.'s office and we are listening.."said Brooke.

"I'm willing to testify and help that kid...but you guys gotta do something for me... Get me out of here.
Look this is my third fall.. I did 2 years in County....and a year upstate...They threatening me with 5-7.......I can't do that kind of time...I just can't...I got a daughter now...I can't do that kind of time...Please get me out of here." said Mary.



"Okay Mary....We'll do what we can....but I can't promise you anything...but we'll do what we can.." said Natalie..



"Thank You guys....For the sandwiches and everything." said Mary...

"Goodbye Mary, Hang in there baby!"said Charles.
"Be of good courage."said Brooke as they left..

"Thank you!" said Mary.


Natalie, Brooke and David had all been Public Defenders...They had defended so many Mary's..More Mary's than they cared to count.

III-


CURLEY'S BAR-

Willuam "Bull" Bailey walked in and sat down next to Lt. Tragg, He ordered a beer...

"Hey Artie, guess who I saw up at the Prison today? Brooke Kennedy....Oh that's right...It's Brooke Marks now..I forgot, she's married to that Spade...It makes me so mad to think that he's taking her clothes off and putting his hands on her, making love to her..







That should be me Artie....ME!! You don't know how hard I tried over the years to get her in the sack...How many bouquets of flowers I sent to her office, how many times I bought her coffee, how many times I asked her out and she smiled and politely thanked me for the coffee, but wouldn't go out with me....Not even here for some drinks.....and all along, she was being banged by Sambo...Ouuuuuu it makes me so madddd!" he exclaimed...

She had her Black friend with her... Natalie. You know at one point , I thought her and Brooke might secretly be Lesbian Lovers.... but no Natalie was there with her boyfriend...That David Charles fella that won that big case with Olivia and Beverly's help.




..Mannnnnnnn she's got him so whipped it's not funny...She must be hell in bed... She's got him wrapped around her finger."said William "Bull" Bailey angrilly, Speaking of the three.

Lt. Tragg smiled a little....Why would Brooke go for an old bastard like Bull Bailey??, Hell , he was old enough to be her father?  He thought! But on the other hand...She should've gone for him...He too had sent her numerous bouquets of flowers and had felt her soft legs, palmed her butt and felt her silky lace panties...She had had him so aroused he nearly exploded in his trousers...He had asked Brooke out numerous times for drinks, dinner and quiet conversation...and she had refused him, rebuffed him, scolded him because she thought he didn't do a thorough enough investigation or something... and all the while, she was involved with some Black U.S. Attorney...






Doing all kinds of nasty , freaky things with her ,all times of night...He imagined..

Their beers came up...
''Was Karen Page with them? "


"Who were they visiting at your prison?" asked Lt. Tragg.

''No, she wasn't with them...Doesn't she head the uh Wrongful Conviction Unit ? They work for her now huh? They were visiting some whore, some whore about to take her third fall..." said Bull Bailey..

"Karen doesn't have to run around anymore with these cases...She's got them...Her Staff Attorneys....She's buried down there in that Bridge Building , Near Penns Landing...I hate it down there...Nice building but far away from everything...I've been in that building before...It's so new, they aren't even finished all the suites...She must be miserable down them , with just the three of them for company, heh heh heh...."said Lt. Tragg as he knocked back a beer and ordered two more for them..




A Handsome young man walked into the bar..


Lt. Tragg recognized him...

"Freddie?? Freddie?? Is that you?" he asked....

"Lieutenant Tragg...How are you ?" said Attorney Frederick Stockton....


"Bull, this is Regis Stockton's boy, Frederick...All grown up now and an Attorney himself.. Heard you're working at the D.A.'s Office now huh? " laughed Lt. Tragg..


"Pleased to meet you son...I knew your father....He was a great man.....Sorry about uh how things ended for him."said Bull Bailey..


"Yeah I am too!." said Fred Stockton...


"Soooooo uh what you workin on now son?" asked Lt. Tragg.

"One of my dad's old cases.....These three mopes from my own office... They are with uh the Wrongful Conviction Unit are trying to reopen a long ago closed case...a kid named Teddy Bellamy, convicted in 2007 of a Triple Murder and sentenced to Life, No Parole...They already got his sentence tossed out and have him here in Philly at the Holding Facility... I'm forcing them to go to a retrial...They aren't just going to have to hearing and he gets off.....I'm not going to let them dishonor my dad's legacy like that...I'm gonna put this mope back behind bars where he belongs.."said Frederick Stockton ,getting angry just talking about it..

He pulled out three glossies of the Attorneys he would be facing...

"This is Them." he said.



Bull Bailey and Lt. Tragg looked at each other and smiled.

"Don't let em get away with it kid."said Bull Bailey...

''Sit down, take a load off...Want a Beer?" said Lt. Tragg.

IV-

AQUA BAR at that very moment...
"How's your case going Nat?" asked Beverly...
"We've made progress...We located both witnesses who recanted their testimony...Both are in jail....Awaiting trial, trials in which they could go away for a few years..."said Natalie...
"And let me guess...they both want deals?...More than likely , they want out in exchange for their testimony...Reminds me of my days as a Public Defender."laughed Nelson... "You gotta talk to the ADA's, Maybe yopu can work something out! Who are you talking to?" asked Nelson.

''ADA Ron Harper is Mary 's ADA...I know him from a few years back...I think I can talk to him." said David.

"If you have any push back from him, give me a call...He owes me a favor from way back...I figure I can call in my marker."said Jazzy..
"Thank You Jazzy...but the one I got is Jumpshot Jim....He's got Jimmy Nelson."said Natalie.
"Can't help you there Nat, Jumpshot Jim hates both me and Jazzy...We don't care, but it is what it is."said Dabnis.

Across from them, another conversation was going on.
''Come On Girl, you gone salsa tonight.."said Sean to his wife, Brooke..
" Sean I don't know how to Salsa." said Brooke..
"I can teach you, come on follow my lead. Your husband wants to Salsa with you....You should be glad."said Jessica.
''She taught me how to Salsa."said  Chip...


The music began blaring...and everybody took to the dance floor.


Sofia and Kahlil were spinning around...

So was Keith and Bee Bee..

Beverly and Nelson, Josie and Paris and Bresha and Tony were salsaing up a storm, really enjoying themselves..











Jazzy and Dabnis were spinning around and laughing as they danced...




Brooke was a quick study..In no time at all, Jessica had her Salsaing with her husband, Sean, who was very, very good at it..
The Joy on his face, Salsaing with his wife was priceless...
Soon Chip joined his wife on the dance floor...

Tonight Natalie joined her husband, David on the floor...She felt so good having someone to dance with...And not having to rely on line dances..
Kayla looked at her and felt so much joy for her good friend as she danced with her husband..

Ray...They were having a good time....


They all returned to the bar...


The drinks were flowing...

"David, this is the first time you and I have been here since the night we hooked up.." said Natalie..

"Oh Snap...It is... I remember it like it was Yesterday...:laughed David,


"It's nearly two....The Buses are here...Come on, let's go home and pretend it was that night.." whispered Natalie in David's ear...


The Buses arrived, everybody cleared out ...It was closing time..The Buses were bringing everybody home tonight.. It was Thursday....They had one more day to work this week.





Once inside their house...Natalie and David began kissing passionately...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm David, I couldn't wait.." she moaned..
"Natalie, I can never wait" said David, taking his suit jacket off, his shirt and his tie and tossing them on the couch,,,,
They kissed passionately......

He slipped Natalie's dress off and the kissing got even hotter...
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm DAVID!!!! " she moaned as they kissed passionately....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH MYYYY GODDD!" he cried out.

He helped her out of her dress...


He slipped her panties down and lifted her up..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.LAWWWWWWWWWWD!!!" he moaned entering her slowly...She gasped...He was so large and already so hard....She had an embarrassingly quick orgasm...
He spread her legs and placed her petite body on the bathroom sink... and began to slowly enter her again...."OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!" she moaned. She was having another intense orgasm already! Her body trembling....

"Natalie, you 're driving me crazy..." he whispered in her ear,,,,,

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!"she moaned....
He humped her on the bed...

"NATALIE....I AM LOSING MY MINNNND!!" he yelled out..

"DAVIDDDDDD,SO AM I...." she screamed.

He couldn't believe his good fortune...To be married to Natalie...A girl he dreamed about for years...
For the next THREE HOURS they made crazy love in their bed.. OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! LAWDDDDDDDDDDD!" he moaned...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDD!!OUUUUUUUUUUU
WOUUUUUUUUU!
" she screamed. Tears flowed down her cheeks!

Her body trembled and she had another quick almost embarrassing orgasm....

David came so unexpectantly and so hard, he felt like he was dying...


Natalie lie on his chest...trying to catch her breath.......

"Whew, that was better than the first time...WOWWWW!" she said.. It was a little after four in the morning...They wouldn't get much sleep...but they'd get some....

He rubbed her butt softly and smiled.

"Shame we gotta go to work tomorrow." she sighed..

"Yeah. I know right? " he said.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

5 comments:

  1. This title cracked me up , but it was appropriate...Now they are getting somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this title and the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STANDING AN APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES! NICE SEX SCENE!

    ReplyDelete