Friday, September 11, 2020

Last Hand

Tender was the night.

Across the street from us was the street that several of our friends now lived on...

 Olivia's cousin, Kayla
 and her husband Ray...
 A few doors down, Attorney Jessica Sanchez-Burrows
 and her husband, Chip Burrows
and two doors down from them, lived Attorney Yvette Jones...

Usually Yvette wasn't home.. She spent a lot of time at her boyfriend, Gary Lockwood's house..but tonight she was home...Gary was there with her..They were making sweet love, just like Olivia and I were...

"Ummmmmm"moaned Yvette softly...."Daddy.....Daddy...OUUUUU, YESSSS...YESSSSSSS...YESSSSSS" she whispered as she slowly and gently moved up and down on him....

''AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD! " he moaned in pure ecstacy...

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...OUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSS." she moaned..

Gary smiled and kissed her softly...
.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu take your time Vettie...OUUUUUUUU , OH my god this is soooo damn goooooood!" he moaned...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOO HOOO HOOOOOO...Oouuu weee..Ouuuu Weeeee...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!." she cooed.

Yvette  was enjoying riding him slowly....She was having one intense orgasm after another.....and getting emotional and coming close to tears....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..I love you Gary"she moaned...

"Oh my god...I LOVE YOU TOO!!  OHHHHH I LOVE YOU  VETTIE! you are unbelievably wet and soft and soooo   , sooooooo soft....Vettie I'm losing my damn mind baby....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he cried out.."

Yvette was losing her mind too....She didn't know if she was coming or going...
"OHHHHHH YVETTE....YVETTE DENISE JONES.....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Gary moaned..

"It must be getting good to you....You always call me by my full government name , when you're about to cum." Yvette giggled..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl." Gary moaned in his baritone voice that turned Yvette on...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed deeply.

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS slowly drifted by and Yvette's  legs began to shake uncontrollably...her head turned from side to side and her breathing got heavier...

Gary began to cum like a gusher...His entire body shaking..

Yvette kissed him softly, which made him cum even harder.....

She wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulders for a few minutes......Gary drifted off into a light sleep..
Yvette had gotten up, gone to her refrigerator to get a bottle of water when she looked out the window and noticed him...Standing on the corner, staring at Olivia and My Office and Domicile.
 ADA Regent Tepper!!!!!!

standing on the corner, looking at our office/duplex ,which was across the street.
"Gary, come here!!!...Look out the window." said Yvette.
Gary woke up and looked at her and smiled..

He looked out the window..

"It's a man....He's probably drunk.."said Gary..

''Take a good look!!...That's that creepy Assistant District Attorney...Tepper, the one Livy and Bev are trying a case against...They were two courtrooms down from us.That's him..Look."said Yvette.
 Gary stared harder..

"That is him...What's he doing up here? And this time of morning?.." asked Gary.

 ''I should call Livy and warn her."said Yvette.
 ''Warn her about what? He's not doing anything but standing on the corner, smoking a cigarette...And now look, he's getting in his car, driving away....Donnie Ray is my friend...If I know right..He and Liv are doing what we just finished doing and what I'd like to do some more of."said Gary...
He took Yvette in his arms and kissed her..

"You are such a horn dog.."


 she giggled in between kisses..





II-


The next day outside the courtroom

.
 "You saw him staring at our Duplex at 4:00 am in the morning?" said Olivia..
 "Yeah, I spent the night with Vettie..She got up to go to the refrigerator and get water and she looked out the window and saw him standing on the corner, staring at your place..I saw him too."said Gary..
 "He's creepy...You guys watch your back."said Yvette.
 "Thanks for the heads up..Wow, he is very creepy." said Beverly..
 "Indeed." I said.
 "I wonder what he's got up his sleeve?" said Nelson..

"I don't know...but he's as slick as canned grease.."said Gary Lockwood.
 Josie came walking toward us..

"Judge Morrison wants all of us in his chambers now!" she said.

"Good Luck guys" said a very worried looking Yvette Jones as we all walked into the Judges Chambers.

Inside the Judges Chambers..
Judge Morrison sat with a very nervous Juror... It was the Alternate Juror we had chosen, after the last juror had recused herself.
.


A Young Black woman named Joan Stevens

He produced two glossies of her talking to the host of the crime show, HARD BOTTOM,

B.L. Benz
and the Talk Show Gossip Host,known as the Skirt with the Dirt...

"You know that as a juror, you aren't supposed to be talking to the press or ANY OUTSIDE SOURCE ABOUT THIS CASE, do you not?" said the Judge.,


 "Yes..Your honor, I swear...I did not contact them...THEY CONTACTED ME!!...They said that they got a phone call from me saying that I wanted to be interviewed about the case...All I'm saying to them there in the photo is that I did not contact them and that I couldn't talk to them, that's the truth and neither of them pressed me, they both left...I swear,I didn not discuss the case with them."said the juror , almost in tears..
 "I don't know your honor...This looks very , very suspect to me...It taints the jury...I think it would only be fair if we throw this entire jury out and replace it with another jury ,just to be fair to both sides your honor, if it would please the court. We have no proof she didn't talk to these two highly suspect TV personalities"said ADA Tepper.
 "We don't have another alternative juror...If we did that, we'd have to start the whole trial over from scratch..I was getting ready to rest my case today.."said Olivia.
 "You'd just love that wouldn't you Tepper?" said Beverly, staring daggers at ADA Tepper.
 ''Why Mrs. West-East, What are you insinuating? That I had something to do with this?" laughed ADA Tepper..
 "That's exactly what she's insuating.." said Nelson, furious...
 I pulled out my Portal....

"Your honor....I have both of the parties named here live on Portal..." I said.
 I had contacted them while the Judge was talking..
 "I got an anonymous call saying that a juror in the Renee Betts Murder case wanted to give me an exclusive interview, I met with her and I asked her if this was cool, since the case was still going on...She told me that she didn't call me and that was that..We didn't discuss the case at all."said the Skirt with the Dirt.

"I got the same  call...Anonymous...I couldn't tell if the voice was a man or a woman...I met with her..But look, I'm an Attorney myself...I know she shouldn't be talking to me during a trial..She told me that she did not contact me... I suspected it was somebody trying to slow the trial up and I left right away..I had a feeling I was being photographed..."said B.L. Benz...
Josie smiled...

"Regardless of what they say your honor, the jury is tainted...I think in the honor of fairness you should either replace the jury or declare a mistrial.."said ADA Tepper.

"You know....I can't prove you had anything to do with this and if I get a whiff that you did, that's your license to practice...Both of these people say that they didn't discuss the trial with this juror at all." said Judge Morrison, who then looked at the juror..

"Do you feel as though you can still be impartial as a juror?" he asked her.

"Yes your honor.." said the juror..
"Your honor...Naturally she's going to say that....I think we should just scrap this entire jury.."said ADA Tepper.
"NO!!...This trial has lagged on long enough...A woman's freedom is involved here...She faces the Death Penalty  or don't you care about that?  We are not going to hold this trial up another second longer...We are due in court in a half an hour...The Jury stays as it was...Let's get ready for trial people."said Judge Morrison.
Olivia smiled..
So did Beverly...

"YEAH!" said Nelson jubilantly...
 Josie smiled and stared right at ADA Tepper..
 This was his last hand, his last big stunt...He had once again failed miserably....He stomped his foot in frustration and stormed out of the chambers...But not before he cut me an icy bone chilling stare.
I stared back at him...I had stared down the barrels of guns and in the eyes of cold blooded killers before..His stare didn't bother me one bit.






III-



THE LAST DAY OF TRIAL BEGAN-

Renee Betts sat pensively at the defense table...


 Olivia and Beverly called their last four witnesses.....

 ADA Tepper went unusually hard on cross, nearly bringing one woman to tears..



which led to angry objections from Olivia, Beverly and Nelson
and exasperated Judge Keith Morrison sustaining their objections and warning ADA Tepper to cool it..
 Josie presented credit card information and witnesses who placed Renee Betts far away from the scene of the murder..
 Nelson showed the Autopsy report that showed time of death and backed up Renee's claim that her girlfriend had been dead and cold hours before she discovered the body and was seen running from the building in fear.

Beverly presented  forensic evidence of another person being in the apartment, another woman, identified as a sometime lover of the girlfriend...A woman who committed suicide shortly after the death of Mrs. Betts's lover.

It was more than enough to cause reasonable doubt, which she hammered home to the jury.

 Olivia gave a short and sweet closing argument, admonishing the jury to simply look at the facts and not be swayed by histrionics and emotion. She hammered home all of the facts in a simple synopsis..
It was brilliant, convincing and short..
ADA Tepper gave an hour long oratory in which he came close to asking for jury nullification...
He didn't realize that he was angering the jury, who wanted to go home desperately and were blaming him for them still doing jury duty this long.

The trial was over after all...

Lt. Tragg was strangely quiet... He hadn't said a word the entire trial...His dislike for the Assistant District Attorney made him surprisingly hope that we did win the case....
 "Now comes the worst part, waiting for a jury to rule.."said Renee Betts, who was sweating and in tears..
"I think everything is going to be just fine Renee, I am 100 percent certain we won this one."said Olivia.
"And if we didn't...We have an appeal ready to go." said Beverly...

 "I know I read the jury right...We convinced every single one of them...His stunts didn't work on us and he pulled everything out of his bag of tricks..."said Nelson.
 "I see how he won all those other trials..."said Josie.
"He didn't use stunts in all of his trials...He is a very good Attorney, but whenever he ran up against someone very sharp who gave him a run for his money..He pulled out his bag of tricks..Liv, Beverly, Nelson and You were his equals...Just as smart, Just as resourceful...and unimpressed and unintimidated by him and his pedigree.

He couldn't take it..Plus I'm sure he did his research and knows of your track records..I'm sure he knew that before the trial began."I said.

Now came the hard part ,the waiting.

IV-


FOUR HOURS LATER-



 "Well the jury is back."said Renee Betts, holding Olivia's hand.. Her palms were wet with perspiration.
"I think everything is going to be just fine Renee, I am 100 percent certain we won this one."said Olivia again.
"And if we didn't...We have an appeal ready to go.Plus , I don't think Judge Morrison would sentence you to death anyway if worse comes to worse.."said Beverly.

 "I know I read the jury right...We convinced every single one of them...His stunts didn't work on us and he pulled everything out of his bag of tricks..His tricks didn't work this time..Trust me." said Nelson.
 "The Judge is getting ready to speak."said Josie.
I have to admit...I was nervous myself. I would hate to lose to this guy...I know it would knock the sails out of the girls too...This had been a long and grueling trial...

ADA Tepper looked very confident..He knew he had wore us down emotionally and physically...Losing today, regardless of what appeal we had in place would knock the wind out of our sails...He stood ,staring at us smugly....

"This was a tough one...They were worthy opponents, Very excellent attorneys.. but I know I pulled this one out. I see why they are held in such reverence around here...but they never met a prosecutor like me."

he said to some press as we awaited a verdict.



 "BAILLIF LET ME SEE THE VERDICT" said Judge Morrison, who read the verdict... His face showed no emotion at all..

"Read it!" he said grimly..

"COUNT ONE, People of the State of Pennsylvania vs. Renee Betts, USE OF AN INSTRUMENT OF CRIME- NOT GUILTY!!!

COUNT TWO, People of the State of Pennsylvania vs. Renee Betts, CONSPIRACY TO COMITT MURDER , NOT GUILTY!!"

COUNT THREE, People of The State of Pennsylvania vs. Renee Betts, MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, NOT GUILTY!"

The Jury was polled and all 12 said "NOT GUILTY!"

"I wish to thank this jury for their extreme patience....You are all dismissed."said Judge Morrison.

"I applaud you all." he said.
"What the hell was this?" snarled ADA Tepper...He slammed his palms on the table loudly...

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS? WHAT WAS THE JURY LISTENING TO? WHAT WERE THEY LOOKING AT??? WHAT A STUPID JURY? STUPID!!! STUPID, STUPID , UNEDUCATED, STUPID!!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he screamed.... He stomped his foot angrilly......

The Jurors looked at him as though he had lost his mind as they poured out of the courtroom....

He tossed his suit  jacket up in the air...He kicked at the table several times...He stomped his foot again....

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I LOST!!! I LOST!!!!  I LOST THE CASE!!!!   I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" he snarled loudly and began to cry
profusely...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I LOST THE GOTDAMN CASE!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" he bawled...

Lt. Tragg and Judge Morrison, no fans of each other spoke..
 "You know...That guy is a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket." he said.
"Indeed." said Judge Morrison, just glad the case was over....and glad he didn't have to see ADA Tepper again for awhile...He hoped never.
 Renee's son ,daughter and son in law and grandson were there, They hugged and kissed her and hugged and kissed us too, thanking us for winning the case..
 "I told you to have a little faith in us..I told you we'd pull it out...I knew we would, I've got a good team."said Olivia proudly..
 "All of his cheap stunts, all of his delays, turning the power off, romancing a juror, setting up an alternate juror, trying to romance Josie...all failed."said Beverly...
 "I knew we had this thing wrapped up...I knew it."said a confident Nelson..
 "And Donnie Ray, thank you...Your investigation was flawless.. I wish the Homicide cop who arrested me had run as flawless an investigation."said Renee, hugging me..
 "You don't know how many of our clients have said the same thing." I laughed.

Josie laughed too...

"I'M DONE....I'M DONE WITH THIS DAMN TOWN.....I LOST THE CASE....I SHOULD HAVE WON....I SHOULD HAVE WON!!!....I SHOULD HAVE WON!! I'M GOING BACK TO CHICAGO!!" he screamed to the top of his lungs and stomped his foot and kicked the trash can several times......

 "My Goodness, if childish temper tantrum was a person."said Olivia.
 "Better him upset than us depressed if we had lost..I really would have been depressed if we had lost this one."said Beverly..
 "Well Shortcake, You guys won....And it's all the more sweeter ,with him acting like a park ape.." I said..
 "Liv does this performance rank as the worst performance by oppossing counsel?" asked Nelson.
 "Oh Absolutely.." said Olivia laughing..
Josie took one last look at him , Tears flowing down his face and shook her head and even snickered a little..

He was now  standing in the corner and weeping..."I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! JUDGE!!! JUDGE!!! RECOUNT THE JURY...POLL THEM AGAIN!!" he cried...

But the Judge and Jury were long gone...The defendent and her family were leaving..

Soon he was all alone...sitting on the courthouse steps...tears just flowing down his cheeks....


The trial was over...Hopefully we never had to try a case against  ADA Tepper again...we all went to Sam Mother's diner today...

 We had Cheeseburgers...
 Hot Dogs
Onion Rings




and Ice Tea...

 "Guys...We deserved this win today...Anybody got any suggestions for something fun we can do tonight.. uh besides sex...!"said Olivia..

We all burst into raucous laughter..
 ''Let's go to Blue Bar in Bayside...Unless you guys have other plans."I said.

"Great, Glad you suggested that husband of mine..Vettie and her guys, Jazzy and Dabnis, Kayla and Ray and Jessie and Chip are all going to Blue Bar and booking rooms in that hotel for the night...They asked me if we wanted to come...I said it all depends on how we feel after the trial..You guys down?" asked Olivia.
 "Nooooo, Blue Bar is great.."said Beverly...
 ''What a week this has been."said Nelson...
 "I'm so glad we are done with Tepper and all his stunts."said Josie.
 "It must have crushed his ego, losing his first case like that."said Olivia.
 "Yeah and to us of all people..Heads up guys...Lieutenant Tragg.."said Beverly as Lt. Tragg was coming in the door.
Naturally, he walked over to our table, but for once...He wasn't livid..

"Liv...For once, I'm actually glad you guys won a case...Even though I was certain I had made a good collar...I was glad you guys got her off.."said Lt. Tragg.

 "Really? I never thought I'd hear you say that to us."said Olivia.
"Oh yeah, that guy Tepper is a real whackadoo and a sore loser too..Why his shoe just missed my head!" said Lt. Tragg..

We all busted out laughing...And that was the weirdest sign in this entire case...Lt. Tragg and us enjoying a laugh!

EPILOUGE-

ADA Regent Tepper couldn't deal with losing a case... He resigned from the District Attorney's Office shortly afterwords..


 A few weeks after the trial, He was found hanging from the ceiling in his apartment....He left a long rambling suicide note.
He took losing very hard, harder than most...

We decided to chill out at Blue Bar in Bayside..We weren't the only ones there that night..It seems that other people, Our friends, had the same idea..

 "Look who is here Neicy Poo, Some of our favorite people"said Olivia..
"Yeah..Guess we all had the same idea."said Beverly..
 "Yeah." I said.
 ''This is great...It's a party.." said Nelson..
 "I love it."said Josie.
 "Me too!" said Paris.
 "I'm so glad you guys could make it...I didn't know if you guys were coming out tonight or not after that big trial..but I booked three rooms on our floor just in case.."said Yvette.
 ''We all booked rooms in this hotel for the night..They serve breakfast here..We are going to spend the night and have breakfast in the morning and then head home."said
 ''We are glad you guys won your case...We won ours too! We all need a little get away like this."said Keith Jones.
 ''We are getting old honey bunny, all of us."laughed Bee Bee.
 "I'm just happy to have so many cool friends that do the same things we do."said Sofia.
 "Me too!"said Kahlil..
 "I'll drink to that."said Jade.
 "So will I."said Lt. Danny Ho.
 "Good, Glad you guys came and are staying...You're in the rooms right next to ours at the end of the hallway. 10th floor."said Jazzy.
 "This is so nice."said Dabnis..
 "After these past three weeks..Yessssssssssssssss."said Kayla.
 ''Here come the drinks."said  Ray.
 "YESSSSS!"said Jessica..
"Over here."said Chip..


 Citris Martini's
 Mango Martini's
 an assortment of other Martini's
 Micro Brews
and regular beers arrived.

We planned to get good and sloshed tonight...We deserved it...How nice, we only had to get on an elevator and go upstairs to our rooms..


FOR DANYEL-!



No comments:

Post a Comment