Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I didn't Kill Bill

 

The next morning we were all having breakfast in our apartment upstairs...

The aroma of Hot coffee was brewing was in the air..
Orange Juice was being poured..

Ruby Cantrell, free of Alcohol and Marijuana  for three days straight, with three good nights of sleep, Hot showers and hot food in her system was a completely different person...Very conscious and with an improving memory..

"Thank you so much Ms. Olivia, Ms Beverly... I needed to clear my head... Thank you for telling me about the Assistant District Attorney's proposal... Look...I know I didn't kill Bill...I know I didn't ...Five to ten, even three years in prison would set my life back , wayyy back... So I'm not taking any deal...I'm pleading not guilty...because I didn't kill him Ms. Olivia, I swear I didn't, regardless of how bad it may look and I don't own a gun...Never have owned a gun.." she said.

"That's all we needed to hear...We are prepared to defend you to the very end... My husband and my niece  has been to Cappy's... They interviewed some 100 people..A lot of people were willing to talk about you, Bill Bailey and that night...Did you know he was a big time gambler and a lightweight drug dealer as well?" asked Olivia.
"Well I knew he was a gambler..He was always flashing a lot of cash and he drove a nice car..I didn't know he was sellin drugs.."said Ruby..
She looked around...

"Your place is soooo nice...You and your husband live here and your niece and her husband live downstairs and you got a law office below that? Wowwww...This is soooo nice.. The way you guys put this together.." she said..

"I divorced well, My first husband was a very successful corporate attorney...He got me pregnant twice and twice I had miscarriages...because of the stress he put me through...His constant cheating..I would find panties and bras in his car under the seats...IN MY CAR, and finally in our home.. I divorced him and he slept with one of his two attorneys... He had to sell the house and give me three of his six cars...I used that money to buy this property 


and have it designed to my specifics...and furnished... I quit my corporate law firm and brought some of my clients with me and when my niece joined me, 


she brought some of her past clients too....She and I and Josie 


started this firm together...We put Josie through law school and when Beverly and 


Nelson got married , after three years of begging, He finally joined our firm.." said Olivia..

''Wow my first husband was a dog too...At least yours was discreet...I caught him in the bed IN OUR HOUSE THREE TIMES WITH THREE DIFFERENT WOMAN!!  The last one..he got pregnant ,and that was all I could take..I divorced him..He wasn't well to do like your ex...I didn't get a dime..My second husband was a sweetheart of a man, just like your husband...He died...I was so heartbroken...Now you understand why I drink and get high...But I know...I've got to stop...All this passing out." said Ruby..
''Wow! I'm so glad I didn't have to suffer a bum like you and Auntay did... This guy here can't keep his hands off of me.."said Beverly ,removing Nelson's hands from up under her skirt..
Nelson smiled sheepishly...


"Ha Ha...I see...Girl, don't complain...I think it's great he loves you so much.."laughed Ruby...



As Beverly and Nelson kissed each other passionately..


Josie and Paris smiled at each other..


"This is sooo nice." said Ruby 
As Pancakes
Sausage

and hash browns were served  and we chowed down....


Ruby being with us, staying with us was good for many reason...With us, she was sober and clean and also free from Lt. Tragg's hassling... We were buying more groceries and eating at home more now, which also kept us out of his sight...and kept everybody's mind free.

II-

I had More interviewing to do at Cappy's... So I returned.. This time ,both Olivia and Beverly went with me.. I felt good having both of my "girls" with me..
"You know...This place isn't so bad..I thought it would be a dump like the Straight Up Motel..but it's not.."said Olivia, looking around.
"Donnie Ray said the same thing yesterday, When we came here."said Beverly..
I had gotten in contact with a man who had been in the room next door to Bill Bailey's.. I was certain he hadn't talked to Lt. Tragg and the police or the ADA.  I was right... His name was Bob Crater 
He met us in the rooftop bar...

"Mr. Crater, thank you for coming.. I'm Donnie Ray Alexander...I am an Investigator and this is my wife , Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her niece, Attorney Beverly West-East, they are representing the young lady accused of killing Mr. Bailey, who was in the room next door to you that night.."I said.
"Hello Mr. Crater, did you hear anything coming out of that room that night?" asked Olivia.
"Anything out of the way?" asked Beverly...
As his beer arrived  as well as mine 
And a Mango Martini

and Citris Martini arrived,
"Did I hear something in that room? Boyyy Did I!  I saw him when he brought her down...



She was drunk as hell... She was laughing and he was laughing...They were both loud...I was gettin ready to go to sleep...

He tossed her on the bed and entered her slowly....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BILLLL!!!!." she moaned...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph.."he groaned in his low baritone as the bed began to squeak and the headboard began to rattle..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she squealed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned loudly!

"HEYYYY TONE IT DOWN IN THERE!"I said.


They ignored me and kept making sweet love.. He lifted her up!

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEEET BABY!!!" he moaned .

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TALK TO ME DADDDDDDYYYYYY!!!!" she cooed.

"QUIET THE NOISE " I said,...I banged on the wall loudly...

but those two  were totally oblivious..

They were back in the bed now, going at each other strongly.....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" he groaned..


"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOO HOOOOO, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
OUUUU HOO HOO...OH MY GOD!!!! OUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OH MY GOD!!!! BILL....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!''she screamed..

"QUIET THE NOISE....I"M CALLIN THE MANAGER!" I screamed...I pounded on the wall a little harder..

My lights were flashing on and off now..

The bed was squeaking loud now and the headboard was slamming hard against the wall...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS slowly drifted by....They kept me up all night.....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!  OHHHH , you aren't making any
damn sense!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Myyyy LAWD!"she screamed

''OOOOOOOU..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" moaned Rockland..

"KNOCK IT OFF IN THERE...QUIET THE NOISE!!" I yelled and I continued pounding on the damn wall.


THREE TO FOUR MORE HOURS PASSED  before it seemed as if they were finished..and the woman was crying like a little girl..

"Ohhhh Bill, you were sooo good...I shouldn't have made you wait.." she said..

"I told you I was gonna put it on you." he said.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FOR THE LOVE OF PETE , WILL YOU TWO GO TO SLEEP?" I yelled.

 I heard the sound of kissing.And I heard him say,....

"Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl , what are you doing to meeeee?"he said.

and she said.."I'm rubbin yo Johnson...all this time you been begging me to come up here..Now you gonna own me baby...All of me...." she said..

"Well alright...youse a little freak , huh?" he said.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu there it is! OUUUU Look at that!!!" she said..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! YESSSSSSS BABY! YESSSS!" he moaned. moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she wailed..

''QUIET THE NOISE! I'M CALLIN THE MANAGER!"I yelled.


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEET BABY!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSS!" she cooed!

He was on top of her again, the bed was squeaking something crazy and the headboard was rockin....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"he moaned..

"TALK TO ME BABY...DO YOU Like it daddy????" she asked.

"YES!!! YES...OH YESSSSS!"he moaned.He sounded like he  didn't know if he was coming or going...

"Because this is good to me!!! OUUUUUUUUUUU!!! DADDY YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!" she cooed...She was having her third and fourth intense orgasms...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..WOOOOO!"
she cooed loudly...

I UNDERSTAND YOU TWO BETTER QUIET THE DAMN NOISE AND SETTLE DOWN!!!"I said...I was bamming his fists on the wall now....

THREE TO FOUR HOURS drifted by....


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWWD!" I guess he was cumming

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CUM DADDDY! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...OUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"she moaned.

I thought they were done

But she wasn't , she continued kissing him,


  "I'm giving you your money's worth.." she said..

''You better take advantage of this, I might not come to your room again!" she cooed..

''OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.." he moaned..He climbed back on top of her...


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..LOOK AT THAT!!" she cooed..

They were at it again...The Bed was squeaking out of control...….The headboard was slamming against the wall...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Bill I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow..but it feels so good!" she cooed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

"I'M NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT!!! QUIET THE NOISE! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOIN? HAVING A MARATHON??" I yelled and I  took my shoe and banged on the wall..


"SHUT UP IN THERE YOU TWO!" I yelled...I pounded on the wall again...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" He moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEE...YESSSSS...OUUU YESSS...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he wailed.



"Awwww Hell, I can't believe this...I went up stairs had a few drinks, came back and they're still goin at it like two cats in heat.." I complained to the manager

"Why don't you change rooms?"said the manager, who was smiling at the sounds of lovemaking coming from the room.

"Thank you so much...They don't make any sense..Seems like Im' always in the room next door to these couples in heat...Not matter where I go for relaxation." I said.

The manager laughed loudly at that!

They were standing in the middle of the floor now, He sounded like he was long stroking her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD Bill...OUUUUU!" she screamed.

''Will ya listen to that? Like two cats in heat!!THEY BEEN AT THIS ALL NIGHT AND MOST OF THE MORNING...A NON STOP MARATHON OF SEX!  IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE!" said the angry  next door neighbor.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD BILLLLL! ...OUUUUU!  ayyyee, aye yi yiiiiii" she screamed.


"I DON'T BELIEVE IT...SHUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UP!" came the voice from next door!
They were back in bed...going at it slower..

FIVE TO SIX HOURS DRIFTED BY

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" he moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lover...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this is soooooooo
nice...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she cooed softly..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" moaned Bill as he came again like a gusher...

"SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UPPPP! I MEAN IT!!!" screamed their next door neighbor..


They finally quieted down in there...They were sleeping, even snoring..

"It was near daybreak...I had drifted off to sleep, they had finally stopped all that racket and then I heard a loud bamming on his door..  He got up an I heard him grumble..

"You the mothefucker that been bammin on the walls all night?"  He thought it was me...but it wasn't..
He said..

"What are you doin here?" 

And then I heard a male voice go..

"Look man...I'm sick...I need it...I told you that in the bar last night.."

And he said..

"Get the hell out of here..I aint got nothin in my room and I don't deal, you gotta go to one of my suppliers, now as you can see...I got company."

Then I heard a bang...Like a shot! and some thumpin and bumpin...Then the door slammed and nothin.."said Bob Crater..
''So there was somebody else in that room.. Somebody who shot him!  "I said.
"Ruby told me he had a wad of cash on him , over a thousand dollars....but no money was found on him..This was a robbery and or Drug deal gone bad.." said Olivia..


Beverly tape recorded the entire interview and had him sign an affadavit....

"Thank you so much for all your help Mr. Crater." she said.
"Thanks for the drinks." he said, smiling.

III-

Back at home, we all sat in our conference room...
We told Ruby about the man next door and the events of the night hoping to jar her memory..
"Do you remember any of that Ruby?" asked Nelson..
"Take your time."said Josie..
"I remember going back to his room with him and having sex with him...I was drunk and high and it seemed like we were doing it all night long.."said Ruby..
''Well According to Mr. Crater you were...
"He said a man came to the door, they had a short discussion and there was a shot..That's the man that killed him."I said.
"You don't remember any of that?" asked Beverly..

"I don't remember any man...I was dead to the world.. I don't remember hearing a shot either! The last thing I remember was lying in Bills arms under the covers, in his bed.. When I finally woke up...I was on the floor, nude, with this gun in my hand...and Bill was lying next to me with a neat hole between his eyes and a pool of blood streaming from his head...His lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling..All he had on was a condom...



"I got up...put on my bra and panties and my dress and my shoes and grabbed my purse.. I put that gun in my purse..


I kept thinking...I didn't want that gun left there with my prints on it..I got the hell up out of there and called Arthur Trout..

I told him everything 
He took me to Sam Mother's diner...Got me coffee and breakfast and told me he was taking me to see you guys...He said you guys were the best defense attorneys money could buy." she said.


"Glad to know Arthur thinks so highly of us...I've known him since I was a Public defender.."said Olivia , smiling.
"We've gone up against him in divorce cases since we've been here...Nice guy...Always takes us to luch after a case is over.."said Beverly...
"He is a hell of a nice guy.."I said.


''I worked for him for three years..He was always good to me..He practically put me through college."said Ruby.
"You have a B.A. in Accounting...I heard you were very good Ruby....Get your head cleared up, Get clean and get back in the workforce girl...There are men out here for you, good men...I know they're hard to find..but you'll find somebody..It's time to move on."said Josie.
"Yeah once we get you out of this mess..I know a few firms..Firms that we used when I worked at my last firm...I'm sure I can get you a position." said Nelson.

"You guys are the best.......Arthur said you were the salt of the Earth...Let me reiterate...I didn't kill Bill. I didn't...I had no reason to..None at all." she said.

IV-

CURLEY's BAR-

A New York Strip Steak

and a nice port of wine was served..
"Lieutenant...I am surprised..You have great tastes in wine and in steaks, These are as large as you said they were."said ADA Coles , who agreed to have dinner with the Lieutenant.
"I told you.." he laughed..
"I had a talk with Olivia Bennett-Alexander last night...In here..I told her we had an airtight case against her client, Ruby Cottrell. I proffered her a sweet deal that would her to save face...she said she was going to talk things over with her client and let me know." said The confident ADA.
"Liv is not going to make a deal...I can tell you that right now..I know them...I've known her and her bratty little niece for years now...If you thought you intimidated them, think again...I'm just saying."said Lt. Tragg.
"You may be right...but she didn't exactly say no... We have history...I was two years ahead of her and Yvette Jones in law school...I trounced both of them in a debate during my third year law school and their first...Olivia will accept the deal or I'll just trounce them again.." she laughed. 
Feeling as though her recent loss to Yvette Jones and her young upstarts was just an abberation.







She had already put the loss behind her, but she really wanted to beat Olivia and Beverly and this case seemed just too easy.

"Well speak of the devil...Here they are" said Lt. Tragg.
"Lieutenant, ADA Cole...Hi...We aren't staying...We're just having a few drinks..I ran your proposal by my client and she turned it down...She said she is innocent , That she didn't kill William Bailey..so we are standing by her decision." said Olivia, smiling.
"That's not a wise decision..You should seriously advise her to reconsider..." said ADA Coles.
"Really Liv...You should..You're rolling the dice on this girl's life."said Lt. Tragg.
"We'll take that chance.."said Olivia..  "ADA Coles ,I'd like you to meet the rest of my team..
My niece, Beverly..
Her husband, Nelson..
My husband, Donnie Ray
and our newest associate, Josie Boyd." said Olivia..



"Such a nice looking bunch...Like your friend Yvette, you cultivate youthful attorneys and mentor them..That's very nice...Well, I wish you luck...You're going to need it." said ADA Coles, smiling icily..

"No...I think you're going to need it Amanda...but we'll see..."said Olivia..




"Oh and I should mention...Judge Reynolds had to recuse himself..I asked him to...It seems you guys repped him twice on murder charges and I once clerked for him....We both have too much history with him..He agreed..We are getting a new Judge." she laughed.

"I expected you would do that from day one of the arraignment...I'm not surprised." said Olivia.
''Auntay, I don't want to drink in here with Asshole Jr. and the Ice Queen." said Beverly.
"Me neither." said Nelson..
"Let's go to Josie's...:" said Josie.
That wasn't a hard sell....We all left..
ADA Coles and Lt. Tragg could have Curleys tonight.

I thought as we left. I had to do everything I could to help them win this case... Now I wanted to win as badly as they did.


(TO BE CONTINUED)




No comments:

Post a Comment