Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Juror Number 9

 Alfreda ran water and put the fresh tulips that arrived in a vase...
 She sat the tulips next to the vase that had the bouquet of roses that had come the day before...both were for Josie and both were from Assistant District Attorney Regent Tepper.
 "Okayyyyyyyyyyyy Josie...Something uh you aren't telling us?" joked Alfreda...
"No....I hardly know the man....He 's asked me out....I said no and then he asked for my phone number...Again , I said No, but he found it somehow..and he's called me twice.. I haven't answered.
He's texted me too, again, I haven't replied...So now he's sending me flowers..."said Josie.

 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmph...Well he's sure got the hots for you...Isn't he the ADA you guys are up against? Isn't that uh kind of uh ruh..." said Alfreda.
"Inapropriate? Yes it is...and he's no neophyte...He knows better.. He's trying to upset us...He'll do anything to win...This is another one of his stunts.He is sickening.."said Olivia..

 "He is...I don't know whether he has an actual romantic or sexual interest in Josie or not...But he is definitely trying to  either get inside scoop on what we are planning, what we are doing..or just trying to be plain disruptive." said Beverly..
 "Which is why we no longer discuss our actual game plan in the office...we write everything down on paper..Which we have already done.."said Nelson.
"It's okay...I had Kevin Morris and his operatives sweep the place and examine all of our devices...We are clean...but I still don't trust this guy...He's definitely up to something." I said.

 ''When do you guys go back to court?" asked Alfreda.
 "Tomorrow..They just assigned a new Judge..I don't know who it is.." said Olivia
 "He just texted me again..."Good Morning Sweet Josephine, I hope you liked the flowers...I could send you flowers every day of the week." said Josie, showing Olivia the text.
 "He is such a manipulative jerk...Soooo smooth...Reminds me of Elwood."said Olivia..
 "Please, I just ate."said Beverly..."I hate guys like him..always on you.."she added.
 "I'm always on you."whispered Nelson..
"That's different...I likkkkkkkkkkeeeeeee it when you're on me sweetie." said Beverly..

 and they began kissing...
 "Those two need to go upstairs to their room...heh heh heh//but I'm one to talk...Rockland is always all over me.."laughed Alfreda..
''Same here with this one."said Olivia ,staring at me..and smiling..

"Heyyyyy, what did I do?" I laughed..

Josie smiled.







II-

 SOME HOURS BEFORE IN A LATE NIGHT COFFEE SPOT IN TOWN..
 ADA Regent Tepper was sitting, having
a hot cup of coffee and looking over some files...
He had requested the services of Former FBI Agent ,now Private Investigator ,Burt Vandenburg to get him all the information he could on us..
Olivia Marissa Bennett-Alexander

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender, Worked for Bach and Roach LLC,
Founding partner-Alexander & West ,attorneys at law..

Divorced- Elwood Barnes..

No Children, two miscarriages..

Married-Donnie Ray Alexander, former New Orleans Homicide Detective, Now Investigator for her law practice.

Beverly Cheryl West

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender, Founding Partner-Alexander & West Attorney's at Law.

Daughter of Olivia's Older Half Brother, James West... Niece

Married to  Attorney Nelson East.

Nelson Sean East

Graduated, West Catholic High School-Philadelphia PA.

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law- St. Johns University, New York City
Psychology Minor...

J.D. -St. Johns Univeristy Law School , New York City..

Passed The Bar
Speaks Spanish , French and Russian Fluently...

Worked as Public Defender,  Associate Attorney at Robert Foxworth and Associates, Now Associate Attorney ,Alexander and West Attorneys at law

Married to Beverly Cheryl West , no children.

Donnie Ray Alexander

Born and Raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Educated in New Orleans Public Schools..

Associates Degree New Orleans Community College-Administration of Justice, Pre Law

Homicide Detective, New Orleans Police Department, Retired.

Principal Investigator, Alexander and West Attorneys at law-Philadelphia PA.

Married to Olivia Bennett

Also a semi-professional musician.

Josephine Boyd

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Raised in Red Hook Section of New York City

Bachelors of Science from Fisk University, Architecture major

Master in Business Administration- University of Pennsylvania.

Studied law in accelerated law  school program at Drexel University.

Para -Legal -Alexander & West Attorneys at law.

Passed bar, now Associate Attorney, Alexander and West Attorneys at law.

Single, No children




 He looked over our pictures and the information the private investigator had shored up on the five of us as well as the anecdotes he'd heard from people who knew us...He smiled..

He stared across the shop and he saw the pretty blonde juror named Barbara Fencer..Juror Number nine.. She was not one of the jurors who Nelson had wanted...she was one of the ones who ADA Tepper had hand picked..He smiled at her and sent a fresh cup of coffee her way..
 She smiled at him and joined him at the counter..

"Thanks for the coffee... I uh got the flowers you sent, The Roses and uh the Tulips..." she said..

She sipped her coffee..

 He smiled at her...

"I'm glad you uh liked them." he said.. "Because I really like you...I can barely concentrate on my work during the trial from staring at you..You're so pretty" he said..
"Thank you..but uh, isn't this a uh slightly inappropriate...I'm on the jury...You're the Assistant District Attorney...I shouldn't be talking to you..or the other other attorneys.." she said and glanced at the glossies of us on the table..

"You've got a file on the Defense Attorneys?" she asked..

 "That's how I win, that's how I stay ahead...I know everything about everybody I'm dealing with.."he said..He gently felt her legs...He smoothly ran his hands up her skirt...palming her behind and feeling her silky panties..

"I'd like to know more about you." he laughed..
''Are you sure this is right? I'm on the jury...I'm a juror..." she said.

"Look, we are nowhere near court....It's just you and me here...Who will know? I'm not gonna say anything baby...are you?" he said..

and kissed her passionately....while continuing to rub her legs..

"Oh Regent...It's been sooo long...My husband and I have been divorced for a year and all I've done was throw myself into work...Ummmmmmm.." she moaned..
 "Check please!" said ADA Tepper... He paid the tab and he and Barbara walked out of the store, hand in hand...
 Unknown to him, Lt. Arthur Tragg was also in the coffee shop and witnessed the entire thing.

He did a double take..

"Nahhh, he wouldn't do that, would he?" he asked.







III-
At Barbara Fencer's Apartment...She and Assistant District Attorney Tepper were getting better acquainted with one another..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Regent...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned as he held her in his arms and slowly undressed her...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned..


 Regent got to do what he had been daydreaming about all day, make love to Barbara, like Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Me, He knew all about her, her divorce, her lonliness...everything, as soon as she became an available juror...He began working on her, even before he started making overtures towards Josie..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…talk to me , is it good?" she cooed softly as the bed began to squeak and the headboard began to rattle..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Ohhhhhh my goddddddd! YESSSSSSSSS!" he moaned...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"he moaned.. 

"OH MY GODDDDD!  YOU ARE SO HUGE...UMMMMMMMMMMMM" she said.

"YES!!! YES...OH YESSSSS!...MORE...MOREEEE...UMMMMM.." he moaned.. He didn't know if he was coming or going... 

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM LOSING MY MIND!!! OUUUUUUU!" she cooed...

THREE TO FOUR HOURS SLIPPED BY!



"You are just showing off...Just showing off in this bed...."she said..

"Ohhhhhhhhh you are driving me crazy.." he moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! " she cooed loudly..

"Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss…MORE!  MORE ! MORE! OHHHHHHHH" he moaned in his deep baritone..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MISTER ASSIStANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY, CHARGE ME!!! OUUUUUUUUU!….ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned.

She had already had three very intense orgasms that left her in tears.....And Regent as usual showed no signs of stopping..

She blew softly into his ear..and played in his hair...

THREE TO FOUR  MORE HOURS and a half went by before Regent began to come with wild abandon as did Barbara.. holding on to him for dear life....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..both of her legs shaking and her head turning from side to side...she found herself getting emotional and crying again...Something she never did before..

He found himself more satisfied than he had been in awhile... He lay on his back with a big grin on his face...

That morning, we sat in Sam Mother's diner having breakfast...

 "You ready for tomorrow babes?" I asked..
 "I'm ready for this ADA to rest his case...What little of it he has, so we can begin our case." said Olivia ..
 as we sipped  our coffee and waited for our platter to arrive..
 Beverly and Nelson sat with us...

"I hope , I just hope that Tepper rests his case tomorrow..It's been what seven days, eight days now?" said Beverly.
 "He doesn't have much of a case to present... Donnie Ray is doing complete background checks on all of our witnesses...We don't want any surprises.."said Nelson.. "Has he texted you anymore Josie.?" asked Nelson.

"No...and thank goodness for that...I hope he doesn't send any more flowers either."said Josie..

Lt. Tragg walked in just then...

 "Oh God, Trouble just walked in."sighed Beverly...
 "And before our food arrived."said Olivia..
 He walked over to our table..

"Good Morning everyone...Uh Donnie Ray, a word?" he said. He motioned toward the door.
 "Sure." I said and got up and followed him outside..

''What's on your mind Lieutenant?" I asked
"I would normally be the last person to tell you this, considering we are on opposing sides...but uh, I don't happen to like this ADA...Tepper..He's a showboat and I'm just as appalled by his stunts and antics as I'm sure you guys are... Last night...I was in a coffee shop downtown..A late night joint and Tepper was in there, canoodling with one of the jurors...The blonde, with the nice legs, big tits...At first they were just drinking coffee and talking, which he shouldn't be doing either, considering she is on the jury...but then they were kissing..Sucking face and he paid the tab and they left together...That's just crossing a line...I don't know what the deal is with this guy...but it aint right and I thought I should let you know..."said Lt. Tragg.

"Thanks for the heads up Lieutenant...I guess I owe you." I said.

"For what it's worth...I didn't tell him about you guys defending the Judge...He already knew it and he filed a writ of recusal before the hearing began...He already knew he was getting rid of her..The guy is cut throat...which I don't mind...but then he steps over the line, canoodling with jurors..Which I DO MIND!"said Lt. Tragg..

"Yeah, I mind it too....Thanks for the heads up and, your secret is safe with me.." I said..

 Our breakfasts arrived, Pancakes for everybody...
 Hash Browns and
 Sausages.
 "Donnie Ray is coming back..."said Olivia.
 ''What did Barney Fife want?" asked Beverly.
 ''Well..this time , it was something of interest..Josie, I've got some bad news for ya babe... It appears Assistant District Attorney Tepper is cheating on you...Lt. Tragg saw him and one of our jurors, Juror number nine, Barbara Fencer in a late night coffee shop last night, drinking coffee, having conversation and kissing passionately at the counter...They left together...More than likely spent the night together..  Apparently, Lt. Tragg is fed up with his stunts and antics too...He told me that  Tepper already knew that we had represented the Judge a few months back and had already put on a writ of recusal against her before the last hearing.."I said.
 ''Awww Gee and I was all set to buy a new party dress" said Josie sarcastically..
Beverly cracked up laughing...


" Damn! that's lightweight jury tampering..."said Nelson...
"Nothing lightweight about it..IT IS JURY TAMPERING! What are we going to do Liv?" asked Josie.

 "Oh I think Someone needs to have a talk with Ms. Fencer...Woman to woman."said Olivia..
"Yess...It's about time.."said Beverly..

IV-

A DAY LATER-

We were back in court and with a new Judge, Keith Morrison..Although we knew him and had tried cases in his courtroom before...There was no personal connection...We hadn't represented him in court..Nothing like that...He was here to stay..

 ''Alright.. Let's get on with this.. Is the Prosecution ready?" he said, Catching a glimpse at our defendent, Renee Betts, accused with murdering her female lover..

He shook his head..


"My My My..she's got a body on her." He mused...

''Oh and before we get started, there has been a change...Juror Number Nine , Barbara Fencer has recused herself from the jury...She has been replaced by an alternate juror..Joan Stevens..she was a juror we had initially wanted but couldn't get...Now the jury was slanted 9-3 our way. I am certain this is not what Tepper wanted.

" Okay let's go." he said.
 Renee smiled...

"This trial is filled with surprises."
 ADA Tepper was shocked...He stared daggers at us..

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! How did they know? How could they know?" he muttered under his breath angrilly.
 Olivia smiled seductively..
 Beverly smiled sweetly, innocently..
 "I'll bet that knocked the wind out of his sails.."whispered Nelson..
 "I suspect he'll double down on me next..."said Josie..
 "He's going to do something...I know it." I said.
 For the first time I saw confusion in Tepper's face...He knew there was no way anybody knew about him and Barbara the night before...How could they?  He was cultivating her to either sway or hang the jury at best...Now he was dead in the water..
Lt. Tragg sat tight lipped with a snarky smile on his face...

At any rate...This trial was going on and going on fairly...whether Tepper liked it or not!!



 Olivia, Beverly and Josie had planned to have a little chat with Juror number 9..
 But Nelson warned against it...By them being defense attorneys...They could be accused of Jury tampering also...
He was right, So I arranged for someone else to approach her...



So imagine Barbara Fencer, Juror Number Nine's surprise when she got a knock on her door one night..

 "Hello? Do I know you?" she asked..
"No you don't."said Alfreda..."But I know about you and Assistant District Attorney Tepper last night in the coffee shop...Kissing and leaving together..and coming back here...You're on the Jury and he's the prosecutor, that just doesn't look right...but you do what you feel you can live with...Good Night." she said and quietly left..

She was freaked out!!!....Freaked out that Alfreda knew where she was and what she had done.. she didn't want any trouble...especially with the law...She recused herself from the jury stating a" conflict of interest" early the next morning...

And legally we were covered..We hadn't approached her . She didn't know Alfreda and Alfreda hadn't threatened her...Just made her aware she was seen..It was perfect!


  .Olivia hammered Tepper's next two witnesses...
 Beverly did the same on cross with his final two witnesses...
 Nelson smiled and surveyed the jury...

It was now 10 to acquit, 1 undecided and only one to convict.... Not bad odds to begin our defense..
 Josie was right..He sent three texts to her , asking her to meet him for drinks and dinner...She didn't answer any of them.
 "He's going to do something...I know it." I said. He wasn't finished...He had to close soon and he was losing this case badly...Losing was not an option for him...He was going to do something else..I knew it!


(TO BE CONTINUED)







No comments:

Post a Comment