Monday, January 22, 2024

Seductive Ambition


PRELUDE-


They were in the penthouse suite of the tony downtown hotel they were in, just a few blocks from Penn's Landing.. Vernon Bailey, a partner at a prestigious law firm and  Mrs. Delilah Barnett, the wife of a sitting Common Pleas Court Judge, Vance Barnett...


"UMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU VERNON!" she cooed as they kissed passionately in the hotel suite he had rented.



"Delilah, you are driving me crazy..." he moaned...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU VERNON, REALLY?" she cooed and giggled.



"Delilah if it it wasn't for you...Your husband wouldn't even have gotten a job at our firm, let alone coming in as a partner, Judge or not....We never particularly liked each other...but I have always liked you." said  Vernon Bailey...


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VERNON, THANK YOU!!! NOW LET'S NOT TALK ANYMORE...Let's make love..." said Delilah...


"AWWWWWWWWWWWW...YESSSSSSS!!!" he moaned.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she cooed..

"DELILAHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed loudly..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE A BEAST!!! OUUUUUUUU YOU NASTY DOGGG!" she cried out..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEEET BABBBBBBYYY!" he moaned..

Neither knew the door was open and someone else was in the suite..



They didn't see the gun aimed at both of their heads....TWO SHOTS! TWO SHOTS RANG OUT, striking both in the back of their heads and killing them both instantly...



A DAY PRIOR TO THIS- COURTROOM A-


We were in Judge Vance Barnett's courtroom awaiting the verdict in our murder trial..


The Murder trial of Broderick Harmon, charged with murdering his brother in law...The trial had lasted two weeks..

 

Olivia rubbed his hands softly and said to him...." Don't worry Broderick, I'm certain we won that jury over." she said.
 

I smiled at him....It had been a two week trial and the jury had taken three days to deliberate..They had finally come back with a verdict... It could go either way....I was silent.. 
"Juries can be funny...but I suspect we won this one...You got 7 out of 12 jurors that you wanted." said Beverly.
"And I'm certain that we had those....The worst we could get is a hung jury...."said Nelson.

"If they were hung they'd have said that by now...I think they got a decision." said Josie.

"Yeah I'm with Josie...I'm certain they've made up their minds." said Bresha.






We had up against Assistant District Attorney Bruce Greene, who had put together a good case and had seemingly prepared as well as we had... He had indeed given us all we could ask for, while pestering Bresha  in the breaks after trial...Telling her he could be discreet, and asking her for a date... 

She told him she was happily married and very good friends with Renee Cantrell Jones, a neighbor of hers..


who she knew he still carried a torch for, even though SHE WAS MARRIED NOW! in other words ,
No Way was she going to date him or even have a cup  of coffee with him...


"Has the jury come to a conclusion?" asked Judge Barnett..

"Yes your honor we have." said the Jury foreman...

He passed the verdict to the bailiff, who passed it to the Judge..



Lt. Tragg, who had made the arrest smiled snarkily and whispered to Bruce Greene.

"We've got em this time counselor...You lawyered the hell out of this case...You had Auntie and Neicey on their heels.heh heh heh.." he laughed. "Their twisting of the law and theatrics didn't work this time.." he said confidently..

The bailiff read the verdict....

"COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA VS.BRODERIC HARMON, COUNT FOUR, USING AN INSTRUMENT OF CRIME TO COMMITT HOMICIDE, NOT GUILTY!

COUNT THREE, MANSLAUGHTER- NOT GUILTY!!!

COUNT TWO, SECOND DEGREE MURDER- NOT GUILTY!!

AND THE MOST SERIOUS COUNT, MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE- NOT GUILTY!!


"YESSSSSSSSSSSS!" yellled Broderick hugging both Olivia and Beverfly...


Beverly and her Aunt high fived each other and leaped into the air..

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" they both said in unison.. hugging each other and smiling.


"YOU DID IT, YOU PULLED IT OUT!" I said. For a minute there ,I wondered...but we did create more than reasonabld doubt about his guilt...Lt. Tragg had once again done sloppy detective work and Olivia and her cadre of young attorneys had prepared very well for this trial, like they always did. They didn't half step...They never half stepped.

''We pulled it out, It was a team effort.." said Olivia, giving me a big kiss..





Beverly in turn planted a big smooch on Nelson's lips...












Josie and Bresha each gave Broderick a congratulatory kiss.....


This drove ADA Bruce Greene ballistic, He tossed his suit jacket up into the air and fell to the ground, kicking his legs up into the air like a child having a temper tantrum. He hated to lose and was known to taunt the attorney he bested...He wouldn't get that chance this time...He jumped up and down and spun around like a top...The Jurors and spectators in the visitors section thought he was nuts...So did I.


Lt. Tragg was stunned.. "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!" he said...


After court, Judge Barrett spoke to Olivia.

"Olivia, we both certainly have come a long way since we left Bach and Roach, you left and started your own very successful practice.....I understand everything is in house...Investigator, Office Manager, four attorneys on staff, very low overhead...fantastic." he said.

''You've done well for yourself too Vance.... You married well, Delilah is a very wealthy socialite about town...You're a judge now, what's it been three years now and I heard you lecture at Middleton Law School." said Olivia.


"I heard you lecture there too from time to time and one of your attorneys...

Ms. Bresha Billips. is one of my former students." he said smiling at the blushing Bresha.. "I taught her husband too, Mr. Tony Billips and you young lady...." he said to Josie.
"I've lectured your husband, Paris Boyd...Ms. Josie." he said.
"Oh wow....you really know us quite well."laughed Josie...


"I'm trying to keep up with Olivia." the Judge joked... "Oh by the way...I just made partner at Wood/Powell &Bailey... It will be here to for known as Wood.Powell, Bailey and Barnett." said the Judge.

"Ouuuuuu that's almost unheard of....You must have done someone a big favor." joked Beverly..

"WOWWWWWW!" said Nelson....



Lt. Tragg watched from afar as we laughed and talked with Judge Barnett after the trial.




II-

''Wow, they both took a shot to the head..."said on CSI man...

"Looks like neither one saw it coming." said another man..

"They were in the uh middle of something." said another as they snickered..

Two bodies, both nude..lie on the floor of the hotel suite....There was so much blood , the brown carpeted floor was now a crimson red....

TODAY!

"The backs of both of their heads is literally gone, what a mess.."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, looking at both bodies...
"From body temperature  and lividity... I'd estimate these two have been dead for at least six hours.....They died sometime early this afternoon..."said Dr. Marcia Templeton.



Lt. Tragg walked in the room...Even he was stunned...

"WHOA!!  WHAT A MESS!" he exclaimed, putting on latex gloves and kneeling down , looking at the bodies...

''Who are they, anybody know?" he asked.

"The guy is a big time lawyer, Vernon Bailey....He's a partner at  Wood.Powell, Bailey and Barnett."said Hazel.
"The woman is uh...ouuuuuuu, the wife of Common Pleas Judge, Vance Barnett , that's uh socialite
Delilah Barnett." said Marcy Templeton...



"The Judge's wife....HO HO HOOOOOOOOOOO...." he said and then staring at her breasts.. "VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! WOWWWW! what a waste..." he thought to himself. 

''Wow, they both took a shot to the head...Looks like neither one saw it coming.,looks like  

they were in the uh middle of something." said Lt. Tragg mimicking the comments made by the CSI guys.

''Alright if you guys have snapped photos and dusted for prints and such....Bag em both, get em out of here...  You, put a team on this building....Everybody registered here is questioned about where they were and what they saw and heard... and You...put a team on all of the dumpsters around here..our killer might have tossed the weapon..." he said.




The bodies of both people,  Vernon Bailey and Delilah Barnett were put in body bags and strapped to gurneys and wheeled out of  the suite....


 

We were celebrating our victory tonight at the Brazillian Bar and Restaurant we had gone to a few weeks before. 

"This is sooooo cool....I love the ambiance of this place." said Olivia.


 
"It is very relaxing...." I said with my arm around Olivia...


"It was so nice, sleeping in late this morning." said Beverly.


"For a minute, I wondered if the jury was going to go the other way....but in the end, we pulled it out.."said Nelson.

"I was a little worried...but after I heard the first verdict read, I knew we had it." said Josie.
She was sitting on her husband,Paris's lap..

"You had a good judge, Vance Barnett...He has lectured me at Middleton Law school." said Paris.

''He lectured me too..the whole trial I wondered if he remembered me..Turns out he did." said Bresha,
"I always enjoyed his lectures." said her husband, Tony.


"And he and I worked together at Bach and Roach."said Olivia.
''Small Worldisn't it?" said Alfreda..



"Indeed" said her husband, Rockland, who had practiced in Judge Barnett's court.


"Livy ,I'm so happy for you guys...We both closed out our cases....Now we can rest, relax." said Yvette. 
''And this is as good a place as ever to do it...I like it here, glad we came back." said Gary.

"Yeah me too!" said Keith Jones..
"Nice way to spend a Thursday afternoon."said Bee Bee.
"No stress, no anxiety..."said Sofia.
"Good Brazillian Cuisine." said Kahlil.
"Yes and nice cold drinks." said Jade.


"Lt. Tragg wouldn't have given you guys any peace today...He spent all morning, whining and complaining about the verdict yesterday and you "lawyers are making him look ineffective as a detective."laughed Danny Ho, Jade's husband and a lieutenant himself of Robbery-Homicide.

"He does a good job of doing that himself."laughed Virginia.


"Yeah, how about that?" laughed Jetty.




Cool Drinks arrived..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuu that's what we were waiting for." said Jazzy, grabbing a drink...
 
"Yessss." said her husband, Dabnis..
"Ouuuuuuuu la la..." said Kayla.
"I like the way you say that.." said her husband, Ray...


Jessica laughed and grabbed a Mojito for her and one for her husband...


"A Toast! To prosperity..." said her husband , Chip...


"Oh this is soooo nice..Nice cool drinks." said Karen.

"Nice way to spend a Thursday Night." said her husband, B.L.


Natalie grabbed a drink and one for her husband...and smiled at him...


"Thank you baby!" said her husband, David...

Brooke did the same for Sean...

"Thank you Vanilla." he said.

"I think his pet name for you is so cute Brookie." said Zoey.

Lem smiled.....


"Renee girl, your ex, Bruce Greene was a total pest the entire trial.." said Bresha....


"He took a liking to Bree....Everytime we had a recess....He was in her face, trying to make conversation...I think he even asked her out on a date..."joked Olivia.

"Girrrrrrrrrrrl don't put him on me.......I'm just glad he's out of my hair for a change." said Renee.


"How did he react when he lost the case?" asked Tyrell..


"Oh My godd! He tossed his suit jacket up into the air , then he fell on the floor and kicked his feet up in the air like a baby having a temper tantrum...Then he jumped up and down and spun around like a top.." said Beverly...



Renee and Tyrell cracked up laughing....



As good hot piping Brazillian cuisine also arrived at our two long tables...



We all enjoyed ourselves this Thursday Night, unaware of what had happened earlier today and what was happening now.

Lt. Tragg wouldn't have been in Curley's tonight, even if we had of gone... He was in town arresting Judge Vance Barnett for the murder of his wife and his future law partner...







III-

We all came home after a great night out, celebrating our court victory


We were in my bedroom.....




"Tonight was so mellow, wasn't it dear heart?" whispered Olivia to me as she undressed...



"Yes it was." I whispered...

I watched her undress slowly....



within minutes we were engulfed in smoulderingly hot kisses...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU it never fails...You're like clockwork...I start undressing in front of you and you're immediately aroused.." she whispered and smiled..

"Predictable eh?" I said and smiled.

"A good Predictable." she said, laughing as she continued to kiss me and gently stroke me..

"MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOODNESS DONNIE RAY!" she laughed....

I slipped her panties down slowly...and she stepped out of them...



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Olivia squealed loudly......as I lifted her up and entered her..


Downstairs in Beverly and Nelson's bathroom, Beverly heard the squeal through the vent...She smiled..

Beverly was in the bathroom, removing her lipstick and make up....

"Ouuu, Donnie Ray and Auntay didn't waste any time..." she laughed.

"Just like I'm not going to waste any time with you." said Nelson, who was already naked and as erect as a board...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuu look at youuuuuuuuuu!" said Beverly, laughing....She loved that she turned him on so...

They began kissing passionately.......
Nelson helped her out of her dress....

He unsnapped her bra....

and slowly slipped her thong down and off...



turned her around, spread her legs and entered her doggie style...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBANDDDDD!" Beverly cried out...
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HONEY BUNNN!" he moaned as he continued to stroke her masterfully....


While upstairs....

I had flipped Olivia over and slowly entered her... She cooed....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAY...OUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SO DAMN BIG AND HARD.....YOU'RE GOING TO SPLIT ME IN HALf.!" she said almost pleadingl..

"I HAVEN'T YET.." I said quietly...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GIRRRRRRRl! " I moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she cried out...

I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time.
I stared down into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers and I entered her like nobody's business...I wanted to savor this experience, So I took my time...I made slow, steady sweet love to Olivia for close to EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!

I couldn't get enough.... Her body trembled something fierce, her head turned from side to side and her little hands pounded my back....I found myself cumming so hard, I couldn't control myself...


Downstairs in Beverly and Nelson's  bathroom.. for the past FOUR TO FIVE HOURS...
Nelson had Beverly on the sink, legs parted and he stroking her gently as they kissed like two teenagers..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NELSON I LOVE YOU!" Beverly cooed softly..

"BEVERLY, I LOVE YOU TOO!" he said as he continued to stroke her...




He lifted her up...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed as he long stroked her and took her to their bedroom...

He spread her legs apart and slowly entered her...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she cooed..

She saw her panties lying on the floor....

"Panties on the floor, legs in the air...Thursday nights with you after a night out.." she said and giggled..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I LOVE YOU!" was all Nelson could say.

"I LOVE YOU TOO BOO!" said Beverly.

Nelson thought of how long and how hard he had chased Beverly and how he never thought he'd ever hear those words come out of her mouth...even after they had started having sex, but he heard it, every single day....Sometimes he had to pinch himself to believe it was true....

Nelson entered Beverly softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around his neck and drew him closer to her..She wrapped her legs around his waste and they began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She held him tight as if she never wanted to let go...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...He was losing his mind slowly....while continuing to stroke her masterfully....

They made sweet and slow passionate and intense love for the next FOUR TO FIVE HOURS.. 

He didn't want to stop...He couldn't get enough!!! She stared up at him in astonishment..

"OUUUUUUUU!!! OHHHHHHHHHH LORD! UMMMMMMMMMM NELSONNNNNNNN!!!
OHHHH MY GODDDD!!!" she howled.

 She felt as though she was climaxing several times....then in a huge wave....He climaxed furiously and hard....not yelling , but shaking mightily.....then taking a deep breath and collapsing on top of Beverly....drenched in sweat....She looked up at him and gave me a juicy and wet kiss....


"You tired?" You should be...." she giggled..

She lie on top of him and snuggled under his arms...He rubbed her butt softly...She giggled and drifted off to sleep.



and upstairs in our bedroom...



Olivia and I were sitting on the side of the bed...her riding me and the two of us kissing passionately....


A Nice ending to a nice night... For us...






Not for poor Judge Barnett, accused of murdering his wife and his law partner.





IV-


FRIDAY MORNING-

The weekend...We were having breakfast...relaxing, unaware of the storm brewing...


"Okay, come and get it , breakfast is ready." said Alfreda..



as plates of food were passed around...The conversation was casual..


"Know something Auntay.....I love him." said Beverly, 
looking at Nelson lovingly.
and kissing him softly...
''Well one thing I know for sure... He loves you..He has since the first day I brought you and Jazzy into the Public Defender's Office." said Olivia.


''And I love you." I said hugging Olivia...

"Oh I know that...It was love at first sight." laughed Olivia, rubbing my hands softly....

"You know, it's been ten years we've all been together..."said Josie...

"It sure has....When I bought this place...All of those houses across the street had just been finished..and only one was occupied...by those two sweet old ladies......" said OLivia..

The doorbell rang.. We looked at the monitor... It was Bresha.. We buzzed her in....



"Hey guys....I guess you haven't heard...Judge Barnett was arrested early this morning...."said Bresha.

''Judge Barnett? Whatever for?" asked Olivia.


"Double Murder!  His wife and one of his law partners were found nude downtown in a hotel suite, with the back of their heads blown out... He was arrested this morning."said Bresha.

"That means he would have had to have shot both of them and then come to court for our verdict...I don't see that." said Beverly.



"I don't see that either... He's not that cold and or calculating." I said.



Meanwhile at Central Booking....The Interrogation room...known as the "Fishbowl" by the detectives..
Judge Vance Barnett sat ,not understanding what had just happened to him..


He had sat quietly for eight hours, saying nothing, listening to Lt. Tragg grill him...



'Look buddy I perfectly understand... Your wife, your wife and your future law practice partner were in that hotel room doing the horizontal polka...It would be enough to drive any man to murder...I get it! Just sign this confession...Look.. maybe you can get some smart lawyer to plead temporary insanity or diminished capacity and you'll get 1-5 years and be out in 3 years tops..."said Lt. Tragg.



"I didn't do this....and that's all I'm going to say about it...I didn't do this...I didn't even know they were having an affair...I DIDN'T KILL THEM!" said the Judge.




"Come on Judge... you're the only person who coulda done this...Don't make the state go through a worthless, meaningless trial, because if you do...and you lose, which you will...They'll throw the book at you...Life  or Death by Lethal Injection...Is that what you want?" asked Lt. Tragg.

"I want to have this room please!" came the voice of a well dressed man, who had to be an attorney.
''And who are you?"asked Lt. Tragg.
"I'm an Attorney... I'm Kevin Powell, a Partner at Wood, Bailey ,Powell and Barnett, here to see Mr. Barnett." he said.,


"Take your time counselor...That's all you got is time." smirked Lt. Tragg,leaving the interrogation room.




"Kevin...Kevin...I'm so glad to see you....I swear I didn't do this...I didn't know anything about this.."said Judge Barnett... Delilah and Vern having an affair?? I didn't know."said Judge Barnett and I certainly didn't kill either one of them. Listen Kevin, I need you to do something for me, contact somebody." he said.



"Anything Vance...What do you want?" asked Kevin Powell.



"There is only two people who can save me.....Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her niece, Beverly West...Find them, tell them where I am , get them down here." said Judge Barnett.


"I know who they are...I'm on it Vance.." said Kevin Powell.

(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments:

Post a Comment