Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Hi Tommy


 We took Brooke's car....We Picked up Karen at the Bridge Building and we headed to the Men's Holding Facility to see Tommy Strickland...a Heist Guy and a Thief convicted of murdering Mabel Monaham and stealing 100K worth of jewelry  from her safe.... The Jewelry never turned up and Strickland always maintained that he was innocent. He had been convicted and sentenced to Life, No Parole and was awaiting a transfer to State Prison..


"Breakfast is on me guys after we finish here... I hate these super early meetings." said Karen..

"I hate em too!" said Brooke, who was still swooning from her night with Sean... 


She had worn some lingerie she had purchased from Bridget and had originally planned to wear for Sean's birthday....but figured why not cart it out now....for this occassion..a new bed.

Sean nearly lost his mind, seeing her in it..


They had made passionate love


well into the early hours of the morning....Her body was still trembling a bit at just the thought of what they had done last night..How warm and comfortable the bed was...how it seemed as if it enhanced their lovemaking...Neither one of them wanted to stop...

Likewise Natalie was sitting in the back seat with me.. She and I  had made love well into the early hours of the morning too!....Her body was still trembling a bit...


"Next time I wear that lingerie, it  is going to be on a Saturday Night or your birthday or a special occassion.....My goodness...I didn't think you would ever stop...You were sooo aroused..." she said to me, smiling...."but wow....I'm glad you didn't...I feel gooood.,so goood! I love you " she whispered..
 
I was so turned on and the bed was so comfortable...it was as though it enhanced our lovemaking..

I really didn't want to stop...Natalie felt so warm, so soft and smelled so good ,I was in a daze the entire time.


"Oh My god....I'm beyond feeling good... I'm scared to touch you right now...I might cum in my pants." I whispered to her..


She smiled sheepishly at me...and laughed...

"Oh Myyyyyy!!! You are sooo silly....Nasty too!" she whispered.
We arrived at The Men's Holding Facility....

ADA Elaine Young met us in the parking lot...

"Good Morning Karen, Brooke, Natalie and David, thank you guys for coming." she said.



Our old nemesis, "Bull" Bailey was working today...

He was excited seeing Elaine Young, Karen Page and Brooke... Not too excited to see Natalie and Me.

"Well Good Morning counselors." he said and made sure he checked Elaine, Karen and Brooke extra careful...

''Good Morning!" said Elaine. She remembered him from when he had been a Homicide Lieutenant...

"Good Morning!" said Karen. She remembered him too as both a Homicide Detective and later as a Federal Investigator...She wasn't too fond of how he had tried to railroad Brooke..but never the less..She was cordial.


Brooke didn't speak to him at all.. She was still angry from him trying to get her to cop to a crime that it turned out he committed. The crime that cost him his badge and gun and placed him here at this job, a far cry from his days as a Federal Investigator.

He didn't bother Natalie or me as we went through the line. He didn't like either one of us and the feeling was mutual.




He didn't speak to us and neither one of us spoke to him...

In the visiting room, Inmate Tommy Strickland walked in...He sat down...
He looked at us... He didn't know who we were...but he knew Assistant District Attorney Elaine Young... Upon seeing her, he scowled..

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"Tommy...A Key witness in your case recently recanted his testimony and the Detective who arrested you lied to me.... I want to make this right... These are attorneys from the Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit... They are going to try and get you a new trial...


"This is Staff Attorney and Supervisor, Karen Page....

"Hi Tommy" said Karen.

Staff Attorney David Charles.

"Hi Tommy." I said.
His wife, Staff Attorney Natalie Charles..

"Hi Tommy." said Natalie.


And Staff Attorney Brooke Marks. They'll be your attorneys.." said Elaine.

"Hi Tommy." said Brooke.




"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOM! You married sweetie?" he asked Brooke.


"I AM!" said Brooke blushing...


"That's too bad." laughed Tommy.

And thus our introductions began.



II-



Tommy looked at us, shrugged and began to tell his story..

" A shot caller....I only knew him by his street name, "Fingers" told me about this home in Chestnut Hill, belonging to Mabel Monaham...He and I staked it out...I told him I'd do the job and give him his finders fee... On the night in question.....I bypassed the security system and I made it inside the house.... I have a rule...I never rob a house when somebody, anybody is at home.....I heard somebody rumaging around upstairs...I left...I never hit that safe...I never even saw the woman.... I heard the next morning that the old woman, who I had never seen before had been murdered and the safe had been hit...Apparently somebody beat me to the punch...They got to the house first...and hit the safe first...but it wasn't me...I didn't kill that woman...I never even saw her...I was in...I heard people upstairs and I got out.... I'm guilty of a lot of things...but I aint never killed nobody....All my home invasions and thefts were devoid of violence. That's the truth." He said.


He had two convictions for Breaking and Entering and robbery...He had served 5 years on the first conviction and 3 years on the second...No violence was involved in either robbery.

''This Shot Killer you call "Fingers" , that's all you know him by?" I asked.


"That's all I knew him by...He was missing his thumb and the finger next to that on his left hand...thus the nickname....I never knew his real name..." said Tommy..


"You did mention this guy in the trial transcript....No one was able to locate him...."said Natalie...



"I don't think Detective Swift ever looked for him...." said Tommy....



"We are going to go over the court transcripts and the crime scene reports and see if we can overturn your conviction....We can't promise you anything...but if we do overturn it...We will represent you in a future trial ,unless of course you'd like another lawyer." said Brooke.

"I can't afford an attorney.....besides....I want to be represented by a cutie like you." he said to Brooke.

Brooke blushed... "Concentrate on your case...not me.." she said...



''We'll be back to visit you..If there is anything you can think of to help us... Let us know.." said Karen...

"I certainly will....and thank you guys....Thank you for representing me. Thank you Elaine for taking a second look." said Tommy...


"You're welcome...I like putting guilty people in jail...Not innocent people.." said Elaine.



Bull Bailey once again had a big smile for Elaine, Karen and Brooke as we left the prison.

"Good Day Ladies!" he said..


"Good Afternoon." said Elaine..

"Good Afternoon." said Karen...
Brooke once again said nothing to him, but kept walking..

As did Natalie



and myself...


We got in Brooke's car and pulled off....



SAM MOTHER'S DINER-





















Karen was as good as her word...She brought us all Breakfast......


"Gee Thanks Boss Lady!" I said....


"Tommy has a crush on you Brookie..."laughed Natalie..

"Don't start." laughed Brooke.

''During the trial, even though I was one of the attorneys sending him away for life...He was kind of crushing on me too.. He asked me if he beat this case...Would I go out with him?" laughed Elaine.


"Gotta admire a guy with big bodacious dreams.." said Natalie..



"From this point on Elaine... You can't have anything to do with this case... You shouldn't even be seen eating with us or socializing with us in anyway......Sorry." said Karen..


"You're right...I understand.." said Elaine...




Just then, Assistant District Attorney Cortland James, the Lead Prosecutor in the original case walked in....He spotted all of us having breakfast and walked over to our table..

"Well hello Karen...haven't seen you in these parts in awhile..Hello Brooke, Natalie...David.....So you guys are the uh Wrongful Conviction, Conviction Integrity Unit..eh?  I've heard good things about you...You ran that unit by yourself for two years Karen...wow..and didn't lose a case....So now I see they've given you staff....Good Deal..." he said..  He looked at Elaine..

"Elaine...Elaine...nice seeing you again...it's been a year and I have been meaning to talk to you..." he said.


"You have? About what?" she asked..


"Er Uhhhh, we can talk later." he said ...."Nice seeing you all."he said and walked away....

Lt. Tragg walked in next...and naturally walked over to our table..

"Welllll hello Karen, Brooke....Elaine.." he said.. 


"Hello Lieutenant." said Karen...


Elaine, who had just ended a brief relationship with Lt. Tragg, sighed and reluctantly said.  "Hello Lieutenant..."


Brooke reluctantly sighed.. " Hello Lieutenant..."

Once again...no overture was made toward Natalie and me and we said nothing.


"I wish Beverly, Kayla and Jazzy were here...I wouldn't feel like I was in the minority." said Natalie.


"Yeah, I know what you mean.." I said quietly...



"YOU TWO HAVE SOMETHING YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE REST OF US?" snarled Lt. Tragg angrilly at Natalie and me..


"If we did we would have said it louder..." I said.


"SO NOW...GET LOST!" said Natalie....



"Karen, you need to muzzle your staff members." said Lt. Tragg.



"You muzzle dogs not human beings...So why don't you muzzle yourself and walk away from our table.?" said Brooke angrilly...She hated the way he and Bull Bailey treated Natalie and myself.


The Hostility directed his way by Brooke cut him to the core... He turned to Elaine..

"Counselor...a word?" he said.



"Arthur, I'm tired....please leave me alone..." said Elaine...


"I just paid our bill...Could you guys drop me off at home?   You guys are done for the day...Go home, enjoy your new beds.."said Karen...


"Ouuuu yes, let me call my husband and tell him I'll be at home..." said Brooke....



who pulled out her phone and called Sean....



''Wearing anything special tonight?"I asked Natalie...

''Well , not like last night...but I promise you, you'll like it." said Natalie, smiling...



"Elaine is it alright if I stop by your place tonight?" asked Cortland James.


''Sure , I'll be home." said Elaine.

We all got up and cleared out..



Lt. Tragg felt left out....He badly wanted to see Elaine....He hadn't liked the way things had ended between them...That damn Cortland James, who he despised had now thrown himself in the mix....It left him angry...


We dropped Karen off and then the three of us headed home...Our car had been parked two blocks away in another parking lot...We avoided Lt. Tragg's nasty little habit of placing trackers on our car.




III-



The next few nights we had dinner at Olivia and Beverly's house..



''Olivia, thank you sooooo much for being so hospitable to us..Letting us use your law library to research our case." said Brooke..

"You guys are family, part of an ever expanding family...but family just the same...You are always welcome...It beats spending nights downtown..."said Olivia.


"It sure does... I remember going to that one downtown and picking Brooke up from that one downtown.. It was a hassle and a hump...You guys are just blocks away." said Sean.


"And we have cars now...we just pull up behind your house...and go to work."laughed Natalie..

"Plus you feed us well too!" I added, which brought the entire room to laughter...
 

"I'm just glad to be able to help you guys." said Olivia.
 
"I did some research of your case.. I read the crime scene report and the autopsy report...  There was a strange set of fingerprints left at the scene that aren't in any data base, not VICAP, Not Interpol and not Military or Civil Service...and because of the way they are grouped, they lead me to believe that this person had some missing fingers on one hand... They were on the safe and on the huge vase that was used to crack Mrs. Monaham's skull.....Detective Swift overlooked this and only used the finger print and palm print of your client, which is only on the front door handle and nothing else and especially not upstairs... One other thing...There are footprints in the back of the house that don't match your client's shoe size.. Your client is a size 12....These footprints are a size 9.. The Public defender brought that up at trial, but it was ignored..shot down..." said Donnie Ray.


"I know this prosecutor, Cortland James...he's real slick and wouldn't hesitate to leave something out if he can..."said Beverly...
"Liv, Beverly and I went up against him four times when we were Public Defenders...we won 3 out of 4 cases against him...He's a real slickster..."said Nelson..

" I understand he had a second chair in this case, Elaine Young....She is pretty good..We just finished battling her. "said Josie..

"Yeah...She's the one who found the inconsistancies in Detective Swift's Story and heard the recantment by a key witness , who is still in jail."said Natalie..

"She came to you guys to reopen the case?" said Paris, Josie's husband..

"The Witness. someone she also prosecuted told her that not only did he lie...but that Detective Swift force fed him the testimony...the false testimony in exchange for him being released from jail... He gave it, there was a conviction and he was released....He's a born loser though, because he's back in jail..He's a few months from being released.." said Brooke.

"Well now he's got nothing to lose...and Swift has no leverage over him.." said Bresha.....
"For real.....I think you've got enough to warrant at least a new trial...but you know you're going to need more." said Tony...


"Yeah we know...but we have to win him a new trial first..." said David..


"Want me to stay a little later to help clean up Liv?" asked Alfreda..



"Oh No Ms. Alfreda...We'll clean up behind ourselves..."said Natalie..

''Yes, we'll put the books back and any files we use.." said Brooke.




''Awwww I love you kids.."said Alfreda..



"You guys be careful...I know this Cortland James...Keep all of your information and activities close to the vest...He'll do anything to get one up on you...He's Ruthless.." said Rockland...An Assistant District Attorney himself.



After dinner, Every night for about a week...









Brooke, Natalie and I retired to their law library...It was quiet.. We researched like cases, laws pertaining to these type of cases and predicates, along with witness statements and autopsy reports and crime scene reports....

Sean helped us...




We decided we wanted a Bench trial with just a Judge....






With Nelson and Olivia's help , we looked at an array of Judges and their credentials and we found a suitable judge....

Our work here was done!


At Elaine Young's house....



"Cortland, I never knew you were interested in me like this... I worked second chair with you on three cases and you never ever said two words to me..." said Elaine..


"Oh My Mind has been on you for a longggggggg time Elaine...it's just that we've both been so busy..." he said..


They had been out for the third time..


and had had drinks... She had not mentioned that she had asked Karen and her team to reopen a case they had worked a year before...She knew he'd hit the ceiling when he found out...She had to keep her involvement in the case a total secret....

They were at her house kissing passsionately....


"Ummmmm getting into your panties have been my key desire for a longggggg time Elaine...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned...

"OHHHHHHH CORTLAND!!!" she moaned.....in between more sexy kisses... She hadn't known he felt that way....


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ELAINE...YOU SEXY LITTLE MINX!" he moaned..


He removed her bra....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! OH MY GODDDDDDD!" he cried out...

He slowly slipped her panties down...Her legs were shaking...

"OUUUUUUUUUUU  CORTLAND! she howled...
They sat on the side of the bed, kissing while she rode him.......


"OHHHHHHH CORTLAND!!!" she moaned.....in between more sexy kisses...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ELAINE...YOU SEXY LITTLE MINX!" he moaned..



"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CORTLAND!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!" he moaned......



"YIPPITY YIP DE YEEEEEEEEE!" he cried out...She didn't know what that sound meant as he bent her over the bed and mounted her doggie style....

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!" he cried out

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CORTLAND!!! OHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDD!" she moaned...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ELAINE...YOU SEXY LITTLE MINX UMMMMMMMMMMM!"he moaned....

She had a very powerful and intense orgasm that had her entire body trembling and her head moving back and forth...

He turned her over and mounted her missionary style..

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he moaned...He didn't know if he was coming or going....He was delirious....



They made sweet sweet love for the next TEN TO ELEVEN HOURS....... She had another powerful orgasm that had her crying like a baby and her entire body trembling something fierce. He came so hard and so fiercely , he thought he might be dying......



She lie on top of him for the next twenty minutes...

"OHHHHHHH MY MY MY MY MYYYYYYYYY!" she said, trying to catch her breath...He was snoring...

She had been getting laid a lot lately... several times with Lt. Tragg and tonight with Cortland...

She wondered what the future would bring? She couldn't tell him that the mechanics were already in motion to overturn one of his cases and that she was behind it...She hoped her secret stayed her secret...




IV-



COMMON PLEAS COURTROOM C- 11:30 AM-



 In front of Judge Pringle... Karen, Natalie , Me and Brooke stood with Tommy Strickland...we had argued for a new trial in front of her with no jury for three straight days..


"You guys done well...I'm proud of you.." said Karen, "Regardless of how this  turns out..." she said.


"I think we made a credible argument...."said Natalie..

"I did too...I could tell by the frustration on both Assistant District Attorney Cortland James and Detective William Swift's faces...


Brooke smiled....She had spent her time removing our client's hands from her legs and up her skirt the whole hearing when she wasn't up arguing a point alongside Natalie and Me..

Tommy had that goofy pleased as punch smile on his face that was like Lt. Tragg's when he was guilty of doing the same thing, running his hands up a young lady's skirt and feeling her legs....




Awaiting the judge's ruling, ADA Cortland James was furious... He looked at Detective Swift with an icy hatred..  This was all his fault...he reasoned.


Detective Swift was livid...He wondered if any of us had talked to a certain Assistant District Attorney who had been second chair on this case, who mysteriously was not here today....



"After hearing arguments and seeing evidence presented by both sides for the past three days I have made my ruling... I see that indeed there is enough compelling evidence here for me to set aside the original conviction and order a new trial...However, due to the defendent's past history I will rule that he stay incarcerated in the city jail until such time a new trial date is set." she said..


"WE DID IT!! WE WON!!" I said jubilitantly......


"Yes , but the hard part is next...Actually winning a retrial in front of a jury..."chided Karen...


"Yeah, you're right..."said Brooke.




"How about a congratulatory kiss baby?" said Tommy to Brooke.

"NO! I TOLD YOU I'M MARRIED!" said Brooke sternly..



"He wants to get in your panties...He wants to get in your pannnnnnnnties!" Natalie whispered in Brooke's ears...



That sing song Natalie did always made her laugh.....



Cortland James walked past us...He wasn't so charitable today...

"YOU GUYS MAY HAVE WON THE BATTLE...BUT I PLAN TO WIN THE WAR!" he said and stormed out in a huff.



Detective Swift just stood by and watched us as we filed out of court...He was livid.



The Next Morning at our place of work , The Bridge Building...


during breakfast


"Congratulations....I heard you guys won a new trial for your client." said Jazzy..
 
"Getting a good judge and a Bench trial was a stroke of genius ." said Dabnis..


"It was..good show."said Kayla.
"Now you've got to win the retrial.."said Ray..


''And you guys are going up against a real snake..Cortland James." said Jessica.


''He's good.. No trick is too dirty for him..." said Chip...

They too had faced him in court.


"Yeah , we gathered that he wasn't too happy having one of his verdicts overturned in court...but that's how it goes sometimes." said Karen.

''We are going to have Bullseyes on our backs.."said Natalie.


"Maybe, but what can he do? We've got him dead to rights." I said.
"Think so?  Don't be too sure...He's one that needs to be watched...I can feel it." said Brooke.

"I wouldn't put jury tampereing or witness intimidation past him...Make sure your inmate witness who recanted his statement is safe." said Sean..


''Are we talking about an Assistant District Attorney or a Mob Boss here?" said Zoey, incredulous..

"They could be talking about a little bit of both." said Lem..
"Ouuuuuu, I'd love to be working on this case...It sounds like it could be Landmark." said Renee..

Her husband Tyrell just laughed...
"Hey don't look at me.. My wife and her people always get cases like this." laughed Paris.
"And you will too as soon as you graduate and pass the bar... speaking of people who also get landmark cases.." said Tony as Yvette Jones Lockwood and her team walked over with their food and sat down..

"Hey Ms. Yvette, guys and gals.." said Tony.. 

 "Heyyy Tony , Congratulations Karen...Brookie, Natalie and David.. Heard you guys won a new trial for your client." said Ms. Yvette.

"Getting a good judge and a Bench trial was a stroke of pure  genius ."said Keith.
"Now I suppose you guys will concentrate on winning the re-trial." said Bee Bee.
''Shame you couldn't get him sprung from jail.."said Sofia.
"That's because he has a record...Two convictions and a number of arrests." said Kahlil.

"Yeah that's right...but he's better off in jail..He's safe there."I said.

"Do you know Tommy called me last night from the jailhouse? Called my Business phone thank goodness."said Brooke to Natalie.

''Ouuu girl you've got a problem...you're going to have to set him straight, before we go to trial." said Natalie.

"If you need me to look into anything...I'm available." said Jade.


"Thank you...We just might." said Karen...


"It's good to have everybody back, eating together..."said Virginia..


''Yeah, I agree." said Jetty...


Halfway across town at Sam Mother's Diner..


Lt. Tragg sat at the counter, in a foul mood watching ADA Cortland James and ADA Elaine Young eating breakfast....





They were laughing and talking and he had his hand on her knee, running it up her skirt... She wasn't moving it either...She was breathing heavily and smiling..


Detective William Swift was watching them  too....

Elaine was laughing and talking...

Cortland was like a lovesick teenaged boy, rubbing her legs and staring dreamily into her eyes...



Detective Swift had his suspicions about her and his doubts as well.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

4 comments:

  1. Good Story.....Detective Swift is going to figure this out...but hat can he do if he does? She didn't do anything wrong..Having a conversation with fellow members of the D.A.'s office is no crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is forgotten that the Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit is a part of the D.A.'s Office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippity Yip De yeee? I've yelled a lot of things during sex...but never that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete