Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Quiet Cool


 I sat in the office of Lt. Sissy Van Buren of the Criminal Investigation Division....

and her detectives as well as FBI/ATF Special Agent in Charge, Sharon Hopkins and DEA Regional Special Agent in charge, Carol Redding- Cantrell.

I discussed with them the 9 Kilos that was found in the rental car of our client and my theory that someone has been using an unwitting mule to bring in Heroin from Canada for two years...
"We've  busted several Kingpins with packages that they've sold to drug  organizations as well as those organizations... but the source of the Heroin and the Coke and the Opiates have either been from Latin America or Asia and The Middle East, Never from Canada."said Lt. Sissy Van Buren.
"There are a few smaller drug organizations that didn't seem to be affected by us shutting down the big shots. now that you mention it." said Angie Belton..
''We've had our eyes on the Russian Mob..."said Duke Baylor...
"They were getting their stash from Afghanistan and The Middle East..."said Tyriq Pile..
"This Canada Thing is new..." said Jimmy...
"Maybe not new, but quiet..."said Carlotta...
" Yeah, very quiet....I suspect, a very small little operation that has been loading the pockets of smaller 
drug operations in the area." said Sirena.
"Thing is...a lot of these people don't like competition and they squash it as soon as they find out about it."said Hop.

"Unless this is so quiet...That the Big Guys don't know about it."said Sharon...
"Nothing is that quiet or that cool...This is just an operation we didn't know about...but thanks for bringing it to the Attention of the DEA , Donnie Ray.." said Carol Redding..



Lt. Tragg walked in just then....

''What's going on here?  You were having some type of meeting...Why was I not involved?" he asked..

"Because you're not involved." said Jimmy, which was met by laughs and snickers...


"How'd you like to be pounding a beat in Fishtown huh detective?" snarled Lt. Tragg.. He was thin skinned and couldn't take a joke...Especially when he was the butt of it..."Say one more word.. ONE MORE WORD!" he snarled.
Jimmy despised Lt. Tragg and loved pushing his buttons... He smirked and stared at the Lieutenant..

"Jimmy!!! Come On...let's go to Lunch.." said Carlotta pulling him away...
"Cool It Jimmy...I like working with you...I don't want Tragg to suspend you..."said Sirena..

''Yes, Husband, come on.."said his wife, Angie , who along with Carlotta and Sirena, hustled him out  into the hallway and upstairs to the cafeteria, away from Lt. Tragg.


"Like they said..It didn't involve you...Go away." said FBI/ATF SAC Sharon Hopkins, who despised him and wasn't beholden to him....

''See you Sissy.." said Carol Redding.
"Okay Carol." said Sissy Laughing...."Come on guys, let's go eat.." said Sissy.


"EXCUSE ME...I ASKED A DAMN QUESTION AND I WANT ANSWERS...WHAT'S GOING ON?" snarled Lt. Tragg.





Tyriq, Duke and Hop all followed Sissy out of the office...They said nothing...That left me..

"You really know how to clear a room don't you Lieutenant?" I joked..
"What are you doing here?" asked Lieutenant.
"I needed information from them on something...Something that can be beneficial to a client we are defending in Federal Court... Unfortunately, they weren't able to tell me too much that I didn't already know..." I said and walked on..



''Where is Olivia?? What is she up to?" he asked.



" I assure you, wherever my wife is...She isn't doing anything that effects you in the least bit." I said..


I got in the SUV and pulled off....




While at home... Sean Marks, Beverly West-East , Josie Boyd and Bresha Billips






worked in the Law Library...Doing Research, studying laws concerning this case, similar and like cases, and predicates.... as well as studying crime scene reports and photos....and eyewitness statements...All three of them were gorgeous women and smelled good and had baby soft skin... He had to remember he was married and not to lust too hard while he worked with them.




He spent time with Nelson and Olivia in our media room...


Looking at the federal jury pool and getting a psychological breakdown of each potential juror.....and also studying the crime scene video....of the rental car.


A Little later , they all sat in our conference room and talked.
''I've really gotten an education in trial preparation." said Sean.
" We call it Fine tuning."said Olivia..
''We've been preparing like this since we were public defenders.."said Beverly, smiling sweetly...
''Only with a lot less of the technology ." said Nelson....
"It's all Bresha and I know..." said Josie..

"This has basically made us better attorneys." said Bresha,.

"You Guys are the real thing....The Truth...but then, Brookie and Natalie told me that."laughed Sean.



II-



I met with Stanley and Marla Livingston ...I had completely did a work up on their finances, looked at their tax returns, studied their bank accounts and their credit cards....Strangely enough I found no cash that wasn't accounted for.. They both had accounts in the Caymen Islands... but the money streams appeared to be accounted for...They weren't dummy accounts and didn't dry up once I took a look at them...and yet something was going on here....
"Hello Mrs. Livingston...Mr. Livingston...Thank you for allowing me to come here...I am Donnie Ray Alexander... I am an Investigator, I represent the Attorneys who are defending your former Au Pair, Alexis Drake.. I work for -" I said before I was cut off.
"I know who you work for.... Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her niece, Beverly West-East and her staff..





"I've seen them on television numerous times.... You're Olivia's husband aren't you?" said Marla Livingston...

"Yes I am." I said..


As tea was passed to me...

"How is Alexis doing?  I mean how is she holding up? " asked her husband...Stanley Livingston...


"We've visited her twice in the Women's Detention Center at Valhalla...She seems to be doing as well as possible,all things considered..." I said.


"I just want to say....I don't think she had anything to do with any drug smuggling...I never believed that... That girl was squirreling away any money we were paying her to get an apartment of her own and a car and to go back to school." said Stanley Livingston...


"I know." I said quietly. ( I had thoroughly checked Alexis's Bank account, her deposits, her withdrawals, Her Credit Cards and her purchases....I knew that twice a month in addition to her pay from the Livingstons...She got two huge checks from the Livingston's next door neighbor, Althena Tubbs...who I was going to see tomorrow if at all possible.

"Whether she's guilty or not... I could not...I mean we could not have the stain of drug smuggling or any impropriety linked to us....We've worked very hard to build our social standing and good name  in this community....I had no choice but to cut ties with her...."said Marla Livingston...

 

"I understand....but there is the presumption of Innocence isn't there?  We don't think she's guilty.." I said.

"You've been around the lawyers too long...You sound like one... I expect you to say the things you say...but we don't have to share your sentiments..."said Marla Livingston, who was as ice cold a woman as I'd ever met...


"That not withstanding....Mr. Alexander there is really no help we can give you....I suggest you talk to Althena Tubbs next door... She's in Montreal right now...but she should be back the day after tomorrow."said Stanley Livingston...


"Thank you...Thank you both...I will." I said.


A little while later... I returned home..

"The Livingstons are clean...Cold as Ice...I wouldn't want to work for Mrs. Livingston , but they are clean...I met with Stanley and Marla Livingston ...I had completely did a work up on their finances, looked at their tax returns, studied their bank accounts and their credit cards....Strangely enough I found no cash that wasn't accounted for.. They both had accounts in the Caymen Islands... but the money streams appeared to be accounted for...They weren't dummy accounts and didn't dry up once I took a look at them...They didn't appear to know anything...They're not who we are looking for..At least I don't see it now."I said.
"Then It's got to be the neighbor, Althena Tubbs." said Olivia.

"She's in Montreal right now....I plan to talk to her...The day after tomorrow when she returns."I said.
''What's the deal with Montreal??" asked Beverly.

''Well The CID, The FBI and ATF and The DEA don't know anything about a Montreal Connection..All of the fat cats they've busted appeared to be getting their stash from Latin America, Asia and Afghanistan, Even the Russian Mob, but they didn't rule out a Canadian connection and a new player so laid back that only a select few in the underworld even knew about their existence."I said.

''Wow..how cloak and dagger... Josie and I did a check, a price comparison on the price of Baby Formula and Condensed Milk from Canada like you asked."said Nelson.
"Turns out it is cheaper, much cheaper than what you can get here in Philadelphia or the United States period... If Ms. Tubbs is running a day care center , this cuts her overhead down, way down..." said Josie..
"But the bottom line..Somebody is wrapping the Heroin and Fentanyl and slipping it in with the Baby Formula and the heroin and somebody knows it's coming here..."said Bresha...
"Did the Livingston's tell you they have a daughter?  She got expelled from Vassar for using and selling Heroin a year ago...She just got out of rehab and is living in Camden..Near the waterfront."said Sean..


"I didn't know about her....and I didn't see her and they didn't mention her...I imagine image conscious Marla Livingston was fit to be tied..." I laughed..


"She works at Adventure Aquarium and she has a small apartment near the Camden Waterfront...paid for by her father and mother...who keep her out of sight..." laughed Sean...

"Interesting....I wonder if she'll be working Friday Night/" asked Olivia.


''What's happening Friday Night?" asked Sean...

"Brookie didn't tell you?  We are all going to Adventure Aquarium for something called "Soul By The Sea." A concert in the basement of the Aquarium near the 50 foot shark tank in the candlelight...We got tickets for everybody, both on the Ferry and for the aquarium...courtesy of our grateful client..Stephen Bristol ,who is one of the sponsers."said Beverly...


Sean smiled.. "Ray was right...You Bennett women keep things poppin."laughed Sean..




Josie, Bresha and Nelson all laughed..


III-



FRIDAY NIGHT..

Even though we were in the middle of a big case, that didn't stop us from enjoying a bit of a break on the Spirit of Philadelphia...Night Cruise, headed towards Adventure Aquarium...where we were going to see a concert by candlelight in the basement near the 50 foot Shark tank...

"I might very well be drunk before we get to Adventure Aquarium if I keep drinking like this.."laughed Olivia.
"I'm not going to let that happen " I said Holding Olivia in my arms...
Beverly sat on her husband's lap.....she laid her head on his shoulders...

"This night air feels good.. it's making me sleepy." she said.
"You don't want to get sleepy before the concert do you?" asked Nelson.
Josie and Paris stared out at the river...

"Isn't the night beautiful husband?" asked Josie..
"It is...It's very beautiful." said Paris.
Bresha sat on her husband Tony's lap, staring out at the water..
Tony hugged her, They said nothing, They just thought about how fortunate they both were to be employed, to be married to each other , be homeowners and to have these great friends and colleagues...
Alfreda sipped another drink and smiled at her husband, Rockland... She like Bresha and Tony thought the same thing.. She was blessed to be married and a homeowner and to have a great job in which she got to see her daughter and Olivia, who was like another daughter/little sister to her everyday and their husbands.. and to care for and take care of them and the rest of the staff...she loved Bresha and Josie as if they were her daughters too!
Rockland was happy to have Alfreda and real friends... he was mellower and a lot easier to be around at work.

"Ouuuuuuu Gary, this is soooo much fun and we haven't even gotten to Adventure Aquarium yet."said Yvette.
Gary held her on his lap and hugged her...
Bee Bee sat on Keith's lap .....
She was happy to be married , be a homeowner, have a great job working directly for a Partner, her own office at a prestigious law firm and surrounded by great friends...
Which was exactly the way her best friend, Sofia felt...sitting on her husband's lap and staring out at the sea..
Kahlil felt the same way as he quietly looked out at the sea...
Jade, so far from home, in her new country with a new job and with people she considered family sat on her husband's lap, staring out at the sea..
Danny Ho, her husband held her and quietly sipped his drink......
Ms. Virginia thought about how two years ago, she sat in a prison cell in upstate Pennsylvania, not even dreaming about being free, being married, having a great job and being a homeowner. She just shook her head in amazement at how her life had changed..
Her husband, Judge Jetty Dukes just kept staring at her... "Gotdamnnn you are a sexy woman Virginia." he kept saying...

"This is soooo cool."said Zoey....
"It is...I'm loving this."said Lem...
"Olivia and beverly are like our social directors...They come up with the coolest activities.."said Jazzy..
"They sure do.."agreed her husband.. Dabnis...
"Stephon Bristol , who secured these tickets used to be sweet on Cousin Olivia, when they were teenagers." said Kayla.
"He Gave her tickets to this and for all of us..He sounds like he still is." said Ray...
"I am getting tipsy.." said Jessica.
"Don't get drunk yet..We haven't gotten to the Aquarium."said Chip.
"This is sooo much fun...I'm so glad we are friends with these guys." said Brooke.
'Those Bennett women keep things poppin.Just like Ray said." laughed Sean.
"If You mean Olivia, Beverly and Kayla...Yes they do..They always have."laughed Natalie...
David just laughed,.....




There was certainly enough to drink and most of us were good and soused by the time we got off the boat in Camden and headed to Adventure Aquarium where we all ventured to the basement 

where the deep tanks were...


and sat , looking at the Aquatic life as it got dark...
and the first of two bands played...
The second, which featured a female vocalist...



Olivia was enjoying the bands..both of them...She was laying her head on my chest and giggling a lot..
Beverly giggled... "Auntay is tipsy...Tee Hee.." she said.
''And you're not?" laughed Nelson.
"I am sooooo horny right now." whispered Josie to her husband, Paris..
His eyes grew as wide as saucers...
Bresha was lying up against her husband, Tony..
Tony had snaked his hand up her skirt and was rubbing her legs softly....
Alfreda was sitting on Rockland's lap...
Rockland was hugging her gently....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm....ouuuuuuuuuuuu Garyyyyyy!" moaned Yvette as she enjoyed the music..
Gary ,like Tony had his hands on her legs, rubbing them softly...and hugging Yvette, who was sitting on his lap...
"I know we are all going to sleep good tonight." said Keith Jones...
''When you see what I'm wearing under this dress...Sleep is not going to be on your mind."whispered his wife, Beatrice..
"Papi this is sooooo much fun...we should do this again.." said Sofia..
"I know...."said Kahlil, who was holding Sofia tight on his lap...
Jade was laying her head on her husband's shoulders...
Danny was bobbing his head to the music...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Jetttttttty!" moaned Virginia.....
"Awwwwwwwwwww lawwwwwwd Virginia." moaned Jetty, who was squeezing her behind and rubbing her legs...

"This night is soooo romantic."said Zoey...
"Yes it is." agreed her husband, Lem...
"You enjoying yourself Dabnis?" asked Jazzy...
"Not as much as I'm going to when we get home.."said Dabnis.
'Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm husband....this is soooooooo much fun...OUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned  Kayla, who was sitting on her husband's lap and felt his erection..
"Ummmmmmmmmmmm" moaned Ray, smiling broadly.....
"Stop staring at me papi, like you want to rip my clothes off."joked Jessica Sanchez-Burrows..
"But I do....you know I do.." whispered her husband, Chip...
"This is so nice, so romantic.."said Brooke.
"I'm glad you like it...I can't think of a better way to spend Friday Night.."said Sean...
"You Happy?" asked Natalie to David, so glad he was there with her and she wasn't alone...
"I'm always happy when I'm with you." he said, hugging her... Like the others, She was also on his lap.

We all enjoyed the concert at Adventure Aquarium.

But there was business that had to be taken care of while everyone was enjoying the concert... Sean and I had to locate, The Livingston's Daughter ,Mavis who was working tonight...




We found her.... She was a hostess...A very pretty young lady, much like her mother..

"You guys are lawyers?" she asked.

"I'm a Lawyer...My Name is Sean Marks...I'm a Federal Public Defender....I'm with a team of Attorneys..We are defending your mother's former employee on charges of drug smuggling...We believe she's innocent.. This is Mr. Alexander...He's an Investigator.."said Sean.
"We just want to ask you some questions... You went to a very exclusive all girls university...You were a semester from graduating and you got busted for possession of 9 kilos with intent to distribute...How did you avoid jail time?" I asked.


"You Do KNOW who my father is don't you?  He has access to attorneys and Assistant District Attorneys and Judges... They got me 5-7 years probation...No jail time since it was my first offense...I didn't even give up my connect....I finished my last semester at another college, got my degree and I was in Rehab for 27 months... I'm clean....My mother was too ashamed of me of course, so they bought me an apartment in a gated community here in Camden and I got this job at Adventure Aquarium that I'm over -qualified for and I'm out of their hair and they can continue to keep up appearences.." she said matter of factly with no sense of anger. No sense of remorse either.

''Did you know Alexis Drake?" I asked.


"My Mother's slave girl? Yeah...I saw her...I felt sorry for her...The abuse both verbal and mental she took from my mother...for the chump change she was paying her... No wonder she drove to Canada twice a month to pick up Baby Formula and Condensed milk...She made more money...The last time I saw her she told me she almost had enough money to get an apartment and a car and to get away from them...I guess it's taking every penny she's got to pay for her legal defense.. I wish I could help her." said Mavis Livingston.

''She's not paying a cent...I'm a Public Defender...A Federal Public Defender and I'm paying the other lawyers." said Sean.


"You sweet on her or something...Public Defenders usually just plead a case like hers out...They don't actually try to defend her..."said Mavis...   She was so young and already so jaded...

''Well I do, especially when I think my client is innocent and has been set up." said Sean..



"By who?   My parents are as square as they come...They wouldn't be involved in anything like that and I'm out of the game....Totally out...I paid restitution  to the G. , did the rehab thing and I'm uh holding down this job which pays my rent and groceries and keeps my car gassed up....."said Mavis..

''What about your mother's next door neighbor, Althena Tubbs? What do you know about her? I attempted to interview her yesterday, but was told she's still in Montreal." I said.
"Montreal?? What is she doing there?? Anyway...

Althena is a sweetheart...She always was very nice to me and sympathetic...someone I could talk to when I couldn't talk to my mother.. My daddy was always busy with his business ventures and his board and foundation work...No Althena is good people... Her husband died suddenly and left their finances in shambles..She uh took over his dry cleaning business ,which was just about to go belly up..She made it solvent...and then she opened up the day care for infants and that's how she managed to make enough money to keep that nice house and remain in that tony neighborhood my parents so love and is so essential to their status as movers and shakers..." said Mavis. "You might want to look into Adrina Soles....but I doubt if she can tell you much."said Mavis as an afterthought.
"Adrina Soles? Who is that?" asked Sean.
"Yes, who is that?" I asked.

''She was the girl who worked for my mother before Alexis...She was a slave girl too.. She overdosed...She's been in a coma for six months..She's on life support... Maybe her family can tell you something..Give you some insight...Doctors don't hold much hope in her ever being normal again...damn shame!"said Mavis.

"Thank you Mavis...."said Sean.
"Yes, Thank you for your time." I said.




After an enjoyable night...We boarded the cruise ship and returned to Philadelphia from Camden...




Where our Buses drove us all Home..









A Good Time was had by all...



IV-

Speaking of a good time.. At home at last in our bedroom I was about to have another good time..


As soon as Olivia and I got home..I peeled her out of that dress,and hurriedly took off my clothes and we were basically in a sphere of love and light and warmth, and the rest of the world just vanished. It was better than I ever could have dreamed, it was the thing I had been looking for, that perfect mix of love mixed with the rapture of sex...




"Ouuu Husband of mine...you are ready..." said Olivia staring at my erect and engorged penis...

"I should be used to this by now...my goodness..." she said as we embraced and kissed each other passionately.

She stroked me softly...I was throbbing and shaking...Olivia whispered to me...

"It's alright...just relax....calm down...don't get too excited...." she said..

An  impossible task.... I slipped her panties down...


"Ummmmmmmmm I wasn't expecting this..." I said.. looking at her pretty thong...

"Gotta keep you on your toes...." she laughed..

The kissing got hotter and more passionate....and within minutes I was sitting on the side of the bed and
Olivia was sitting on top of me, easing herself down on my waiting penis..and moving up and down..




This was my favorite position,because I could look at her and kiss her passionately...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhhh baby....Ouuuuu,easy Donnie Ray...ouuuuu" she moaned...

"Damnnnnnnnnnnnn gurlllllll.ohhhhhhhh, you feel so good." I moaned... as I thrusted faster and faster inside of her....She was so round, so soft, so warm....

She wrapped her legs around me so she could take all of me in and I continued....as she moaned and groaned...We slowed it down some and got into a slow rhythm...

"Ouuuuu,ummmmm, I love you so much Donnie Ray." she moaned..

"I love you too Olivia..."I moaned..nearly out of breath as we continued to make sweet love...

  EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of sweet and intense lovemaking went by....


 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuu, you're as hard as an iron pipe..ouuuuuuu.." she cooed as she moved up and down...up and down...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..it was all that drinking, the music , the unseasonably warm wind tonight.."I said.






"Oh Is that what it is.."she said,laughing...

She laughed and then tossed her head back...moaning softly...Her body quivering softly....Her breathing getting heavy...



"Ohhhhh...Ohhh my god Donnie Ray...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned...

"Ouuuuuuu...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia....Ohhh my goddd.."I moaned as she moved up and down on me...




TWO TO THREE MORE HOURS of sweet lovemaking followed...We were both enjoying ourselves immensely.....


Olivia riding me softly and slowly and me nearly losing my mind....I was like a machine tonight.....I wanted to cum at this point, I was exhausted... but I couldn't...and I couldn't stop either...Olivia felt so good!


Olivia was sweating profusely and laughing one minute and crying the next....She began to climax slowly,intensely...her body shaking and she was smiling the sweetest smile I had ever seen....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...

When I came it was so surprising and so intense that I began to shake myself....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I moaned...

We cuddled in the bed softly....


"That was nice..Whoooooooooooooooo..." she said.


"That was better than nice..."I said.





THE NEXT MORNING-
Olivia's was the first face I saw when I woke up the next day....It was Saturday...Nearly 10:00 AM..

I'm sure everyone else was doing the same we were when they got home.. Last night was Quiet and Cool, very intoxicating, very arousing for all of us..

"I'm famished... Let me call downstairs and see if Neicey Poo and Nelson want to go to breakfast with us.. I'm not going to bother anyone else. They're all probably knocked out...And let's go to that new place.. No I.D.  I'm a little hung over..I don't feel like Lt. Tragg and his foolishness this morning."said Olivia.

Turns Out they did want to go...and so did Josie and Paris and Bree and Tony... we even had enough room to squeeze in cousin Kayla and Ray..so I loaded them up and we headed for the No I.D. Bar and Grill... Our new Hang Out spot...
"I'm so glad you called Auntay...I was gonna call you...I was so hungry when I woke up this morning."said Beverly...
''Yeah Me too!"said Nelson.
"Ditto that." said Josie, smiling..
"What A Night." said Paris.
"Yes indeed." said Bresha..

"All the time I worked over here in this area and never explored the Camden Waterfront...Never went to that Aquarium." said Tony, smiling.

''Well I'm sure you'll go again..It's a great date night thing." I said.
"Both Bands were good and that female singer was excelent."said Olivia..

"They were.."said Cousin Kayla... "Oh I called Jazzy...She and Dabnis are coming..so is Aunt Alfreda and Rockland..
"We can drive and don't have to worry about that unhinged Lieutenant putting a tracking device on our vehicles.."said her husband, Ray.

When we pulled into the Parking Lot...we saw a Familliar Vehicle.


Ms. Jade's Nissan Pathfinder... It was Jade, Danny Ho, Yvette, Gary  and her crew, Kahlil, Sofia, Keith, Bee Bee and they brought along Jessica and Chip..

"Good Morning.." said Jade.
"Heyyy guys.,..Good Morning.," said Danny..
"Looks like we all had the same idea..huh?" said a smiling Yvette.
''And the same place... It would have been a shame if some of you had gone to Sam Mothers and others had come here.."said Gary.

"I know right?"said Kahlil..
"I've got a hangover and I'm Hungry...I don't feel like his foolishness."said Sofia.
"I hear ya girl..Me neither."said Bee Bee..
"I like it here....I'm glad we came."said Keith Jones.
"Yeah me too!  I was done with Sam's after our last encounter with Tragg."said Jessica.
"Yeah Me too! Look, there's Jazzy and Dabnis and the others now!" said Chip..

Two cars drove up... Jazzy and Dabnis were in one and the other had  Alfreda and Rockland and Virginia and Jetty.

''We hang out so much we are all of the same mind.."laughed Jazzy..
"Good Morning..... Yeah how about that."laughed Dabnis..
"We are all hungry and we all want seperation from Lt. Tragg." said Alfreda.
Rockland just laughed...
"Well Hello everybody...We had a wonderful time last night."said Virginia..
"Yeah , well let's not stand in this parking lot...It's cold...and I'm starving..Let's go inside."said Jetty.

We walked in and paid our bills and then took our seats and began getting in line to fix our plates..




To our surprise... our other friends from six blocks away came in shortly afterwords..

"Heyyyy everybody.." said Brooke..
"Looks like your little spot is no longer the best kept secret huh?" laughed Sean.
"Well after all, this is where we all first broke bread together..This is sooo cool." said Natalie who was happy beyond belief..
"Hey everyone." said David Charles.
"To great weekends like this." said Zoey..
"Here Here." said Lem..


as we all toasted with mimosas...

But while we all ate and laughed and talked..


There was still our client, Alexis Drake, locked up in Valhalla, the women's detention center, facing 10 years in prison and deportation for a crime she didn't commit.. I thought about her.


(TO BE CONTINUED)


4 comments:

  1. I loved everything about this story, The title, The fact that Sissy and her detectives were featured and the trip to see "Soul At the Sea" which is an actual event you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Guys do everything together...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing... I love that they all live on the same street mostly and that a lot of them work in the same building, hang out in the same bars and clubs, eat in the same diners and or restaurants...Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you show Black couples, Inter-racial Couples, and what not in positive relationships...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete