Tuesday, January 3, 2023

It Keeps Me Up At Night


 Every Lawyer has that case...That one case that keeps them up at night.....

For Attorney Stewart James, that was a 12 ear old case.... One of the few that he lost , a man named Everet Johnson....Now Rahim Muhammad, who was scheduled to be executed at the end of the month...

He had defended him pro bono on a murder charge, a murder he never believed this man committed and had lost.. He had successfully won him a second trial and amazingly had lost that trial too!  Rahim Muhammad was sentenced to death for First Degree Murder...

He appealed to four State Appellate courts and lost his appeals....He then took it to the State Supreme Court and lost there too....He never stopped going over that case , wondering what he could have done differently...

12 years had passed...He'd tried and won a lot of cases...He'd retired from trial work and now taught law at  Middleton Law School....but he couldn't shake this case and now with Rahim Muhammad set to be executed at the end of the month...He had to go to the one person...The one person he thought could help him.....Someone with Fresh eyes...A younger attorney....Yvette Jones-Lockwood.

Which was why he was here today and why he was on the elevator...

Headed to our suite.

We were all in a Festive Mood today...


"WE ARE THE GREATEST..WE ALL WON OUR INDIVIDUAL CASES" said a Happy Beatrice "Bee Bee" Jones, My wife..
"Man, I thought My Jury was gonna deadlock, but it didn't..."I said..
"I thought mine was too, but I guess I got lucky.."said Sofia..
"Well I was never in doubt about my jury.." said Kahlil..

Ms. Jade just smiled. We had all been keeping her very busy lately..

We had all been involved in four individual cases recently and had been victorious..We felt very festive as we filed our cases away...Today looked like it was going to be an easy day, the way it always was after a series of big cases...
"That  2nd Wrongful Conviction Case we worked with Karen, Brookie, Natalie and David Charles was a slam dunk too." I said.








Thinking about our new building mates and how much fun it was to work another case with them...




Ms. Virginia came in with  our continental breakfast...


Bagels and Cream Cheese and Jelly..

Coffee and Doughnuts...

and Orange Juice..


and Churros for Sofia.

Ms. Yvette came in...She was reading the mail....

''Well Good Morning.." she said and spread some cream cheese on a bagel and began to munch, while reading her mail..."I got here  at just the right time." she smiled..


"Somebody is at the door... I'll get it." said Ms. Virginia....




"Virginia Shaw.......You're out of prison?  You're working here now?" asked Stewart James...


"Yes, I got paroled after seven years, last spring and Yvette gave me a job as Office Manager and Consultant..." said Virginia.


The old lawyer hugged her and rocked her back and forth....He was almost moved to tears...He and Virginia had teamed up and worked on quite a few cases when she was a young attorney, making her bones in Philadelphia...He always thought she had a keen legal mind.

"I am sooooooooo happy for you...I always felt bad that you went to prison...I didn't want to believe it..but look at you, You look like a million bucks, you're out, got a great job and is that a wedding band?" he asked..


"Yes....I'm married to Judge Jetty Dukes...It's been about a month and we have a house together.." said Virginia..


"Outstanding......" he said.


"Stewart James, wellll how do you do?" said Ms. Yvette, who was just walking into the lobby...


"Yvette, You made Partner.....I am sooo proud of you....This is a nice suite you got here....Still with those four young kids of yours?" he asked.


"Oh yeah, those are my babies....you know I'm not parting with them, They're all here." said Yvette.
"Sooooooo this just a social visit or uh is this business? " asked Yvette.


"It's both.....I need your help....Can we all talk?" asked Stewart James..

''Sure, come on in our conference room." said Ms. Yvette.
They walked into her conference room.......

''This is outstanding Yvette... Hi Guys." said Stewart James..
"Hiiiiiiii Mr. James." said Bee Bee.
"Hiiiiiiii Mr. James." said Sofia.
"Heyyyyyyyy,it's been awhile." I said.
"Let me guess, you want us all to serve on a jury."joked Kahlil , talking about the last time, two years ago when he picked Ms. Yvette for jury duty in a case where he was defending a young man, who had been representing people in court and winning cases without a law license...He got an acquittal for that young man who read law books for fun and did his legal research on google... The young man had since entered an acelerated law school program, graduated and passed the bar...It was yet another of Stewart James's fanciful cases...
"Hello." said Jade.
"Hellllo Jade!" he said, smiling.. "Yvette, could Virginia sit in on this?" he asked..
"Of course...Virginia, get in on this." said Ms. Yvette, smiling..
Virginia loved that even though she was a disbarred attorney, no one here ever mentioned it or brought it up....Instead they asked for and listened to her wise counsel and always made her feel welcome and a part of things... She loved them all dearly for that.


''Soooooo Stewart.....What keeps you up at night?"asked Ms. Yvette.


''Funny you would ask it like that." said Stewart. "Where do I begin? Every Lawyer has that one case, that case that he or she lost that they felt they should have won that keeps them up at night...This one is mine. " he began...This Is Everett Johnson, now known as Rahim Muhhamad..

Showing us a photo of the condemned inmate.. 

"He is scheduled to be executed by Lethal Injection at the end of this month...He was convicted 12 years ago of a murder I am certain he did not commit...I defended him pro bono on a murder charge, a murder I never believed this man committed and had lost.. I successfully won him a second trial and amazingly I lost that trial too!  Rahim Muhammad was sentenced to death for First Degree Murder...

I appealed to four State Appellate courts and lost my appeals....I  then took it to the State Supreme Court and lost there too....I never stopped going over that case , wondering what I could have done differently...

12 years had passed...I've tried and won a lot of cases...I've retired from trial work and now I teach law at  Middleton Law School....but I couldn't shake this case and now with Rahim Muhammad set to be executed at the end of the month.. I want to save him... This case, it...it keeps me up at night." he explained.


"Say No more.. I'll need The crime scene reports, the autopsy of the victim, witness statements, trial transcripts and copies of all of your appeals....."said Yvette...


"Yvette, that's several boxes of stuff...but if you want it...I'll have them delivered here....Thank You....Thank you very much...." said Stewart James...

''I had a case like that...A Case that I lost that still keeps me up sometimes....I had a client, a childhood friend of my wife and Sofia..

"Vinnie, Vinnie Olipio, from the neighborhood." said Bee Bee.
''We grew up in the same neighborhood.. We knew somehow that he'd be in this situation someday...Neither Bee nor I was surprised or shocked that he wound up on death row."said Sofia.


"See, This client  was guilty of one murder for which he was serving a 99 year sentence...He hadn't exactly been a model prisoner...Then he and two other men escape from prison and hold up a sporting goods store..

One of the men, not him, shoots and kills a rookie policeman on only his second week on the job!

All three men are arrested and charged with the cops murder and sentenced to death by lethal injection...One of the men commits suicide....For him , the rat race was over...The other man, the actual shooter is executed two years ago.. but my client, who did not kill the cop...was charged and convicted of the cops murder, even though the actual killer confessed that it was he and only he who pulled the trigger on the cops....It didn't matter...A Jury convicted him and sentenced him to die."
I said.

Sofia rubbed my back...

''We fought hard to save his life....We also appealed to four State Appellate courts. We lost....We took it to the State Supreme Court and lost...and finally Keith went to the Governor and he wouldn't reverse the sentence." she said.


"In the end....The state Executed Vincent Olipio..."said Kahlil..



"But we fought and got the technicality that allowed him to be charged with a murder the state knew he hadn't committed thrown out.. It was of course too late for him.." said Yvette solemnly..

"To this day I wonder if there was something more I could have done, if I missed something...Every now and then I go over the trial transcripts, the case files of that case... but enough about that...Let's get started on your case." I said.


"Yvette, these kids are wise and mature beyond their years....You've done an incredible job with them."said Stewart James.. 

He sensed in us a deep understanding of his pain...We had been there.


"Yes she has." agreed Ms. Virginia.


''Well, we'll take s light breather today and tomorrow we'll begin work on this case." said Ms. Yvette.



II-

We ate lunch with our friends in the cafeteria....
I was quiet...In deep thought...I couldn't deny that rescuing another man from execution wasn't triggering..
Bee Bee nibbled on my ear...and whispered..

"I know just what relax you tonight....Bridget sold me some new pieces...and I thought I might model them for you..." she giggled.
I smiled.
"I knew that would make you smile.." she  laughed..


Kahlil rubbed his wife's back...

"You gonna be alright?" he asked.. She had worked that case closely with me.. She remembered all of the failed appeals too!
"I'm going to be fine...In fact, I look forward to this." said Sofia.
"If you guys need any help, we are just a phone call away and two doors away at home." said Jessica, Always willing to help us, ever since we first met her... We loved her and her husband Chip..
"That goes ditto for me too." said Chip.
"And look, if you want to ship those boxes home this weekend... I'm sure my cousins, Olivia and Beverly wouldn't mind you guys using their facilities to do your research.." said Kayla.
"Yeah, but call em...You never know what they got going on." said Ray...
"We are just a phone call away and right across the street from you ,if you need a hand." said Jazzy.
"Yeah....I love this kind of case." said Dabnis.
"And it would be a good learning experience for me." said Tony....

''We thank you all and we love you for being willing to help us...Who knows..We just might take you up on your offers." said Bee Bee.

At Another table...

Stewart James Observed...

"You've got such a talented brain trust of young attorneys in this building....and it's good you all work together at times and are friends.." he said.
"Not only work together...We all live on the same street...We do everything together, Ride to work together, eat all of our meals together and ride home together...among other things....We are a close knit community." said Ms. Yvette.
"We share a lot of ideas and learn from each other." said Virginia..
"Just might be what this case needs...a bunch of fresh eyes.." said Jade.

"Stewart James, HOW ARE YOUUU?" said ADA Karen Page...
''Hello Karen...you work in this building too? I thought you were with the District Attorney's Office?" said Stewart, hugging her
"I am...I run the Wrongful Conviction Unit...These are my new Staff Attorneys.. Brooke Marks,  Natalie Tennison and David Charles.. Guys this is Stewart James, the Dean of Philadelphia Defense Attorneys... I clerked for him. So Did Ms. Yvette,  So did Ms. Olivia  and So Did Ms. Virginia once....He taught us all a lot." said Karen.
"WOWWWWWWWw!!!Please to meet you.."said Brooke.
'"Hello,Pleased to meet you." said Natalie.
"Yessssss !Pleased to meet you." said David.
"I know you....you won that big case...The Cutter Case...It was in all the papers...Great job young man...And you moved up and out..huh?  Went from the Public Defenders Office to the Wrongful Conviction Unit Huh?? That's a natural move for you...Good luck to you all." he said..


''Thank You sir, Do you still practice?" asked Natalie.


"Oh Nooooo, I'm retired....I Teach law at Middleton Law School now." he said.

"I graduated from there.." said Brooke.
''So did I" said Tony.


We had a great lunch.

Yvette walked Stewart James to the Elevator..
"Nice Building...Lovely Cafeteria and Good food.. and most of all, Nice people. Good young, smart attorneys...I know you love it here...It's out of the way...Quiet, peaceful...You can think here..." he said.
''Yes, to all of that.. I love it here." said Ms. Yvette.
"Oh before I go...I should tell you something.. The Case detectives on this Case were Then Sgt. Arthur Tragg and Sgt. Dominick Evans, two of the worst detectives I have ever seen... 
Tragg is a Lieutenant now I understand who enjoys seeing himself on Television and hearing himself talk.. He always was an idiot...He got as far as he did because of his Grandfather, who was a great detective and his dumb ass father , who was no better  a detective than he is today and his equally wicked, cruel and corrupt uncle...A Captain on the force...Nepotism in full effect. Tragg isn't going to give you any help.
.Dominick Evans is in State Prison himself now, doing life for murdering an ADA...The very ADA who tried this case originally and beat me twice...

But you do have the original crime scene report that they wrote... A failing high school student could have written a better report, the Autopsy report, crime scene photos and my notes and trial transcripts from both trials and my appeals to start with... I hope that can help you." he said.

"I'm sure, with YOUR copious notes, it will be more than enough.." said Yvette, She hugged Stewart,,,
"Be well Stewart...Sleep good tonight." said Yvette,
"I will ,knowing this case is in good hands." he said.
''Well Yvette, we've got our work cut out for us." said Jade....


Yvette and Jade went back to our conference room where we all sat...


"Okay Guys...Here is the game plan... When those boxes get here tomorrow.... I want copies made of everything in them, good copies...They are going to stay here... The originals are going to be stored in the basement of Olivia's house.. I just called her and she said no problem and she also said this Saturday.. We are all welcomed to use her law library, media room and conference  room towork on this case.. She said she'll have a catered breakfast and we can get right to work." said Yvette.

"You and Ms. Olivia have been the best of friends for years haven't you?" asked Bee Bee.
''She's my best friend and you would think we'd known each other all of our lives.. We met the first day of Law school.. We were the only two girls, whose mothers came with us to registration..We were both mortified.. Two 23 year old girls, having their mothers come with them for the first day of LAW SCHOOL, no High School, Not College...but LAW SCHOOL!  We decided to be room-mates. And we were roomies the whole three years... Olivia is like my sister.." said Ms. Yvette, smiling.
"That's how I feel about Sofia."said Bee Bee, rubbing Sofia's back and hugging her.. She was my first friend period.. We both were only children, babies almost...And she used to live across the driveway from me..
We bonded with paper dolls and Barbie Dolls and from there, Kintergarden,  Elementary School,Middle School, High School, College and Law School...and look at us today, Working at the same job, married and living next door to each other."said Bee Bee.
"I don't know a time Bee Bee was ever not in my life...She's my sister..."said Sofia ,hugging her best friend...


''When Olivia's law firm got sued.. She called You...Us.."I said.
"Because we are all Squad.. Family...So Naturally, She says yes to us." said Kahlil.

"Yeah, let's stop before we all start crying in here....Let's just finish the day and go home and come back refreshed tomorrow and ready to work.... Oh and put the word out to our friends and neighbors that we can use some fresh eyes...I'm going to write an appeal to  that conviction this afternoon... Jade..I'm writing up an appeal..can you drive me to the courthouse tomorrow?"asked Ms. Yvette.

"Of course." said Jade.
"And Virginia...Can Jetty spare you for an hour tonight? I need you to help me write up this quick appeal." said Yvette.

"I don't know...He might explode....Nah, I'm just kidding, he'll hold.. Sure I'll be around Vettie." said Virginia, who loved that even though disbarred..She still got to use her legal skills with this job.

"That's Ms. Yvette if you're Nasty!" said Yvette.

All of us burst into loud raucous laughter!






We loved our jobs and each other!



III-





That night after work... Ms. Yvette and Virginia worked for TWO HOURS on an appeal to Rahim Muhhammad's death sentence.. They hoped this would be enough to slow down the macinations leading him to his eventual execution in three weeks..


Nightfall...
.

 We were all at home after working pretty hard the last couple of days....and the eve of a new case.


Bee Bee was wearing a sheer see through Baby doll.....She had just taken a hot shower and walked into our bedroom..

My eyes popped out of my head..

She giggled..

"Oh my goddd..look at you...Are you going to act like this all the time?..WOW!!! That boner is massive.Ouuuu look at you..." she said and put her hands over her mouth..
I pulled her towards me...Is this something you bought at Bridget's store the other day?" I asked.

"Yes...The panties and the top...you like it? Of course you do." she giggled..

I undressed and  slipped her panties down and off  and took her into my arms and kissed her softly....



"Do you like these? They're new!" she gushed.

"Ohhhhh my godddd, Bee Bee..."I moaned...


"Ummmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuu you are so hard....Ouuuuuu, look at youuuu! I figure that's a yes." she exclaimed as she stroked me lightly...


We lie across the bed, kissing and practically slobbering over each other....



Soon we were making love passionately on top of the bed..Not thinking about recent events..

The next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS, all we were thinking about was each other..

The same was next door at Kahlil and Sofia's house..



Sofia and Kahlil were lying across the bed..


Kissing ,fondling and laughing..

He slipped her panties down and off...

.

"OHHHHHHHH MAMASITA!!!" he moaned..
"OUUUUUUUUUUU PAPI...AYE MIOS DIOS!" Sofia moaned  as she rode him on the side of the bed until neither one of them could take anymore...




before they too were making sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!

''I've got you all to myself now." whispered Gary.

''Yes you do." whispered Ms. Yvette to Gary, running her finger across his lips.

Gary and Ms. Yvette were also making sweet love..




Gary couldn't wait to get Ms. Yvette out of her clothes

and have her ride him like a surfer rides the waves....
They had gone straight to the bedroom..

They had made love early into the morning hours....
Enjoying  their massive  smart bed.. 

Yvette smiled..The bed was sturdy and very very comfortable...It moved with their every move and was very comfortable and warm..It actually enhanced their lovemaking..






EIGHT TO NINE HOURS had passed by.

 Bee Bee and I were fast asleep.

Sofia and Kahlil were in each others arms and still kissing, almost asleep.


And Gary and Ms. Yvette were sound asleep..

.



Newlyweds Jade and Danny Ho were really giving their bed quite a workout...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DANNY....OHHHHHHHHHHH!" she screamed.

"JADDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" he yelled out as the bed squeaked and rocked from side to side.


Kissing and moving up and down on each other in bed...

Hours of coital bliss

both in the bed and on the floor... It seems we all couldn't wait to get at each other...




And Ms. Virginia  and  Jetty's house down the street

Jetty was kissing Virginia passionately as he always did no sooner than she got home,

She was feeling the hard bulge in his trousers and shaking her head and smiling. "This man stays hard", she mused.
"Virginia, you are snatching my damn soul... I was about to explode.." exclaimed Jetty in between smouldering kisses..


"I'm sure you wouldn't have... I was only gone for two hours...You're just fine."said Virginia...
She gave hm a slow and soft kiss...


She stripped down to her panties and Bra..

Jetty nearly fainted..

"AWWWWWWWW LAWWWD!" he proclaimed.

Ms.Virginia laughed..."WHATTTTT?" she said.

She laughed long and loud..

"You are so silly.." she said.
As they continued to kiss in the middle of the bedroom floor..
She slowly eased herself down on him and began to move slowly up and down...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU JETTTY, YOU'RE
SNATCHING MY SOUL!! OUUUUUUUU LAWDDDDDDDD MAN!, OUUU WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?" she asked as she experienced an orgasm like none she'd ever had..
Jetty humped her over the bed....

"OH MY GOD VIRGINIA....I'VE NEVER FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE ABOUT ANY WOMAN!" he moaned as his body trembled..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FOR REAL?" she asked.,

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS." he moaned... "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he grunted.
FOR THE NEXT EIGHT TO NINE HOURS, they made sweet ,sweet love....


Virginia was very satisfied.. She lie on Jetty's chest, breathing lightly...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, THAT WAS AMAZING!!!! WOWWWWWWW!" she said.

"Virginia. wowwwww....I wanted you sooo bad tonight...I was almost tempted to come down the street and get you." he said, catching his breath.

"No you weren't... Did you want every one to see your trousers sticking out like a circus tent?" she said.

They both laughed before they dozed off in a deep relaxing sleep.



IV-

The Next day on the train , Yvette thanked everyone who offered help...
"I'm sorry to interupt everyone's weekend, but here is what is going on... Today Boxes will arrive at our office...Trial Transcripts, Transcripts from four State Appellate Court Appeals and a State Supreme Court Appeal, The Crime Reports, Crime Scene Photos and The Autopsy report...We are making copies of everything when they arrive... The Originals are going to be taken to Olivia and Beverly's house and stored in her basement... Saturday we will meet there between 9:00 and 10:00, She'll have a catered Breakfast and Lunch for everyone...Come relaxed...We can work until 5:00 pm. We thank you all for agreeing to help us." said Yvette."
"Don't mention it Yvette, we are only too glad to help you, as much as you guys have helped all of us." said Jazzy.
"This isn't even about work...It's kind of fun almost...I wouldn't want to do this with any other group of people ,except you guys." said Dabnis.
"Same here....When I ran it by my cousin, she volunteered her services right away."said Kayla.
"Bennett Women keep it poppin....They even make working on Saturdays , a fun event.."said Ray...
"It's not like we had anything to do this Saturday anyway.."laughed Jessica.
"Yeah, really...We're all mostly staying in and staying warm tonight." said her husband, Chip.
"I talked to Bree about this last night...She's excited.. They all are." said Tony....
Bee Bee and I were far away from this conversation...She was sitting on my lap with her head lying on my shoulders...
"Hot Stuff,last night was amazing..." she cooed softly...Her body still trembling a little..She was warm and her curvy body was sooo soft...
Sofia was also sitting on Kahlil's lap , with her head softly nestled on his shoulders...
Kahlil was hugging her closely...
Virginia was sitting on Jetty's lap.....


He was smiling from cheek to cheek...

"I believe I can be of some assistance in this." said ADA Rockland Cambridge.
"Hey we want in on this too." said Brookie
"Yeah, what are we , chopped liver?" joked Natalie..who was sitting on David Charles 's lap

''We'd be honored to lend a hand..." said David Charles..

"I am overjoyed to have such great friends....building mates, neighbors....colleagues... I love you guys.." said Yvette.


''Hey where is Jade?" asked Jazzy..

"She's Driving in today....She's going to transfer the records to Olivia's house in her SUV...." said Yvette.

We all finished our ride into town,






The Boxes from the trial arrived...


Yvette had them delivered to our conference room, where Bee Bee ,Sofia, Kahlil and I, along with Jessica and Chip copied every last one of them and kept them in order...







We put the originals back in the boxes..... We put the copies in new boxes,

Virginia had ordered...

It was hard meticulous work...It caused us to miss lunch and dinner....

Khalil and I, with help from Chip, Dabnis ,Ray, David Charles, Tony,loaded the boxes into Jade's SUV











For Transportation to Olivia's basement...... The copies were neatly stacked in a corner on the side of a wall in our conference room.


Because we missed two meals...and were famished.. We didn't ride home on the train with the others..Ms. Yvette took her entire staff of me, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Virginia and Jade to Curleys for dinner..and charged it to the company credit card as  "Business Meals."

"This is my way of saying thank you to all of you, who do so much to make my life more enriching and just plain lighter...Thank you." said Ms. Yvette..
"Oh No doubt....You're welcome." I said.
"You know you're always welcome." said Bee Bee.
''Gracias." said Sofia.
"Thank You!" said Kahlil...
"I want to thank all of you guys for making me part of the team." said Virginia..
"You know how I feel." said Jade.

We had thick New York Strip Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Salad, Wine, Potato Soup and Sliced Turkey and Cranberries...







For the most part , it was an enjoyable meal until HE walked in, Lt. Tragg..


''Welllllllll look  what we have here....Yvette and her youngins...Where is Olivia, Beverly and the rest of your rag tag group?" he asked.


"They're not here tonight... It's just us....and we are enjoying dinner, not drinking.." said Yvette.


They had come in Jade's SVU, which was parked in a lot down the street instead of  the parking lot adjacent to Curley's.

"This time a year ago, you were eating dinner in the prison dining room.Weren't You?" he snarled at Virginia.
''And look at me now.. Got a brand new job, a Brand new husband, A brand new house,,,,while your corrupt friends are either locked up or on a beach in Florida...Isn't it amazing how life can change for people just like that?" said Virginia...Who then turned away from him and continued eating her food.

Jade cracked up laughing.....


Lt. Tragg was getting ready to tear into her when Yvette stopped him..


''Don't ruin my appreciation dinner for my staff....Why don't you get away from our table?  We aren't bothering anybody..We are just eating...Please leave us alone." said Yvette.


"You're drinking wine... I don't see Olivia's buses..." he remarked , smiling...

"Ohhhhh go away...Make sure you don't drink too much...You're the only one accused of DUI..." said Jade. "You're the only one who has wrecked two cars, not any of us." she replied..

Which was met by the entire table laughing...






Laughing so hard tears were streaming from our eyes.



Lt. Tragg hated being the butt of the joke..  He stood there balefully staring for a few minutes and then he walked away...Livid as usual.

Jade just shook her head...

"I had one glass of wine... I'm sure we'll be fine when we leave." she said.

Ms Yvette paid our bill and we all left together and promptly walked around the block...



Like radar, he walked out of the bar...but there was no sign of us...


We all piled into Jade's SUV from the parking lot down the street and pulled off , with no problem from him..

''He's really going to be angry in a few days when he hears about that appeal and the fact that we presented it before the court." Ms. Yvette said on her way home.
Jade ,who was driving, looked at her and smiled.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


2 comments:

  1. Love This Story...You know how to draw your reader in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go back and read this and the one before it..'Starting the New Year Odd right.

    ReplyDelete