Thursday, June 6, 2024

A Martini With a Twist of Subpoena

 

 
KEITH JONES-

Born in Philadelphia PA. 

Mother, Nancy Jones, Court Stenographer

- Father, Judge Keith Morrison

Graduated from West Catholic High School

B.A. Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Howard University

J.D.- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French, German

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware ,New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Beatrice Evans



BEATRICE LYNN EVANS -JONES

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy ,Pre Law- Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Deleware, Texas, California

Associate Attorney- McCluskey /Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Keith Jones

SOFIA CARMELITA GARCIA-AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration Of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law-Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney -McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Kahlil Ahmed...

KAHLIL ABDUL AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Central High School

BA.- Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Temple University

JD- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Speaks Arabic languages fluently, fluent in German and Russian.

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Sofia Garcia




YVETTE DENISE JONES-LOCKWOOD

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from North Catholic High School

BA-Trial Advocacy, Pre Law, Administration of Justice -Lasalle University

JD -University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French and Russian

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware , New York, Texas, California.

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Managing Partner- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to District Attorney Investigator-Gary Lockwood



THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY SHARRONE STOKES-

Sharrone looked at the dossiers in horror...She had no idea she'd be trying a case against us and me in particular, the son of her fiance, Judge Keith Morrison..She was ten years older than me,Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil. two years older than Ms. Yvette and twelve years younger than my father...

She had to tell ADA Bruce Green that she couldn't take the case. He wasn't going to like that.

SHE WAS RIGHT! HE DIDN'T LIKE IT-

"WHAT? YOU CAN'T RECUSE YOURSELF NOW...THE TRIAL IS IN A FEW DAYS!" he said.


"I'm getting married....My fiance is the father of one of the Defense Attorneys, Keith Jones."said Sharrone.




"You're Getting Married? Damn it, Every woman I want is getting married.." he bellowed.



"WHATTT?" she laughed incredulously...

"Oh Come Now...It's no secret that there has been something brewing between us for awhile now...Everyone knows it...You know it and I know it."said Bruce Greene.



"You're out of your mind....I've been in an intimate relationship with Judge Keith Morrison for two years now...and everybody knows THAT...I don't know what you're talking about...Anyway..one of the defense attorneys on this case is Keith Jones, Judge Morrison's son and well it would be quite awkward me prosecuting a case against him..with me about to marry his father and all."said Sharrone.


"You're not prosecuting the case against him... I AM PROSECUTING THE CASE AGAINST HIS BOSS, Yvette Jones -Lockwood...He is like you, second chair..So you wouldn't exactly be up against him directly....If anything it's going to be awkward for me... Yvette kinda had the hots for me awhile ago." he said.


"Is that right?"
asked Sharrone almost laughing..."because she's married to my ex, Gary Lockwood and appears to be quite happy and content.." she said..

''Well you'll see the tension once we get in the courtroom." he said.



"I'm certain I will." said Sharrone, shaking her head and laughing to herself.  "He's crazy." she thought.



II-


And in our building...


We were in our conference room, having one of our rare working lunches... 


We had ordered Chinese Food, delivered to us from Chinese Bob's joint...


along with Cokes..

we were discussing trial strategy..

"Okay ....our basic strategy is...Our client was not there and was long gone at the time of the murder...We san argue that there are several people with Jeep Wranglers...including Mr. Brad Dougherty.. who owns the exact same year and model of Wrangler that our client owns."said Yvette.
 

"Our client stopped at an All Night Coffee Shop, about three blocks away and had coffee..We have three witnesses..Not the type of thing someone would do after they just finished killing someone." I said.Her Debit card backs all of this up.
''She also stopped and got a full tank of gas...Almost a mile away...It's backed up by her credit card."said Bee Bee.
"Two of her neighbors remembered when she arrived at her complex ,about a half hour after the time of death....They remember talking to her before she turned in and they  remember her leaving out the next morning... She had breakfast at a local diner...I have witnesses, witnesses who can testify to her overall demeanor that morning."said Sofia.
"Thank God for late night owls and early morning risers." laughed Kahlil.
"I want Brad Dougherty....He doesn't have a solid alibi...We need him in court explaining what he was doing at the time and I need people from the police crime lab explaining why THEY DIDN'T TEST THE TIRES ON HIS VEHICLE!"


"Probably because he's a Fed and he's lawyered up. They Did that all the time when I was practicing. The thing is...You have to get in good with their attorney....And sometimes you can.." said Virginia.


"I spoke to him... H.Stanley Stanlison...He's as slick as canned grease...He's not much help...I didn't think he would be." said Kahlil..


"I know him...He's a snake...I worked a case with him once... He ogled my breasts the entire time and made silly frat boy sexist remarks to me...I can't stand him." said Yvette.

"Yeah I worked with him too! he is a snake...I doubt he was much if any help." said Virginia.


"He wasn't but we can subpoena that stuff even without his co-operation." said Sofia.


"I'll start working on that right now." said Bee Bee.


''Seems to me...A Man who has nothing to hide wouldn't lawyer up so quick if at all...and would allow us to see his Smartwatch, Phone and GPS unit on his vehicle..  I'm getting a subpoena ready...Jade , you can't serve it..He's seen you....Girls? You up?" asked Ms. Yvette.


"I'm down..."said Sofia.

"And so am I?" said Bee Bee..

 

 "Goood , I got a plan mapped out as to how you can get him.... Oh and Keith, Congratulations to your father on his up and coming nuptials...Did you guys have a good talk yesterday?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"We Did!  Yes we did....You all are invited to the wedding and so is Jazzy, Dabnis, Kayla and the whole gang....Invitations will be sent out soon...I gave him everybody's address." I said.
Bee Bee smiled and rubbed my back softly...
Sofia smiled..
So did Kahlil...

"If we are lucky we can be done with this trial in time for her to take the detectives exam.."said Jade.

"Who is the prosecutor?" asked Ms. Virginia.


"Bruce Greene....I don't know if he's using a second chair or not.."said Yvette.

"That Horn Dog....He thinks every woman is after him!  Renee told me how he hounded her."laughed Virginia.

TENDER IS THE NIGHT-

A Tuesday Night in Philly- Summer Time
And another Rooftop Bar!

Newly minted ATF Agent ,Brad Dougherty was drinking alone at the bar...He hadn't been in here long..

Bee Bee sat on one side of him...She was wearing a bodice top that showed off her huge breasts...She wasn't wearing a bra tonight...That wasn't lost on Brad. Wasn't lost on me either...She was hot.
Sofia was wearing a Micro Mini skirt that accentuated her beautiful, shapely legs...She too was wearing a blouse that accentuated her prestigious breasts...

''What are you girls drinkin tonight?" he asked.
"Mango Martini for me.." said Sofia..

"Citris Martini for me." said Bee Bee.

"Bartender, One Mango Martini for the little lady over here and a Citris Martini for this young lady right here." he said. He was practically salivating over both ladies.



The drinks arrived...

He noticed the name brand clothing both Bee Bee and Sofia were wearing....

"If you don't mind me asking...What do you ladies do for a living?" he asked.. "I'm with the ATF " he said and showed us his Federal Badge...This impressed a lot of ladies he met in here.


"We are Attorneys." said Sofia..

"Yupper." said Bee Bee... They both showed him their work ID's...and Bar Association cards...


''Really We are almost in the same business. Law and it's enforcement" he laughed as he chugged his beer. They looked too young to be attorneys he thought and yet they were...

"Our latest case involves a cop....We are defending her on a charge of murder....We believe you know her.. Kim Gladden...A very good officer...being falsely accused of killing another cop....You know him too..Todd Jergens..."said Bee Bee.

"You three were in the academy together....You and Todd had a fight Saturday Night, two weeks ago..We know..We were there we saw it.."said Sofia.

He looked like he had just swallowed a canary.  This was a set up, he thought. "You guys have an Asian Investigator named Jade, who works for you? Don't Answer....I already know..So I'm gonna tell you what I told her.. I'm not answering any questions concerning that night...And no you can't look at the tires on my vehicle, no, you can't have my smartwatch or my GPS unit....If you have need of any of those things...You'll talk to MY ATTORNEY!" he said..


"That Attorney's name is H.Stanley Stanlison..."said Kahlil , who walked up...I talked to him just an hour ago....So you can answer these questions now or in court."said Kahlil..who showed him his work ID and Bar Association card.



I walked up to him and placed a subpoena in his lap...I didn't show him a damn thing.....I'm attorney Keith Jones  and this is a subpoena...We are asking for all of those things....See ya in court pal." I said.


He was as red as a beat! So Angry, he was shaking..


"Byeeeeeeeee!" said Sofia.


"Thanks for the drinks." said Bee Bee.



The four of us exited the rooftop club... Bee Bee called Ms Yvette to let her know we had successfully served him...


It was a Good Night.

III-

A Nice Moonlit night....

At Ms. Yvette's house...



Ms. Yvette sat on the bed in her night shirt...

She had just finished talking to Bee Bee on the phone. They had served Brad Dougherty with a subpoena.. That meant they were all set to go to trial. She took her phone and turned it off, placed it on the charger, next to her business phone.

She finished sipping her orange organic tea....

Her husband Gary watched her ,practically salivating over her..


She smiled...She knew he was watching her every move like a hungry wolf. She said nothing.

She and Gary began kissing passionately...

"UMMMMMMMMMM YOU WANT SOME?" she asked jokingly...

"YOU KNOW I DO." he said....

"YOU ALWAYS WANT IT!" she said...

Gary laughed raffishly..
Their kissing got steamier...Gary had been thinking about her all day long...

"I've been thinking about you all day long." he said.

"You have?" she asked, giggling with excitement...

He took her in his arms and kissed her and slipped her panties down and off.





He lifted Yvette up and slowly entered her...She was very wet.....She was losing her mind slowly...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH GARYYYY!  OHHHHHHHHHHHHH GARRRRRRY!!! OHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD!" she cried out...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BABY!" Gary moaned in his deep baritone..


He flipped her over and entered her slowly......

"OUUU GARY I'M LOSING MY MIND!" she said...

"OHHHHHHHHH I'm losing my mind too! "he cried out..

She began to shake and tremble...her head turned from side to side..tears streamed down the side of her face.. she was having an intense orgasm..

She wrapped her big shapely legs around his waste...and her arms around his neck as he plunged deep inside her...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH GARYYYY!  OHHHHHHHHHHHHH GARRRRRRY!!! OHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD!" she cried out...

She again began to shake and tremble...her head turned from side to side..tears streamed down the side of her face.. she was having another intense orgasm...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MY SWEET SWEET GIRRRRRRRRRRL!" Gary yelled out....

They made sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!!


Yvette cuddled up on Gary's chest...She was ready for trial...She was content....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm you feel so damn good husband.." she moaned as he wrapped his arms around her..

"So do you." he said... She felt his penis...It was still surprisingly hard...

"You want some more?" she asked..

"OHHHH I LOVE YOU!" he said..

"You'd better." she laughed..

As she straddled him and began to move up and down on him......slowly....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed loudly....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he cried out.....He couldn't believe how good he felt.

Next Door Jessica Sanchez -Burrows laughed..

"Yvette is so loud!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AYE MIOS DIOS PAPI!!" she yelled out..

She was riding her husband Chip slowly and softly like a surfer rides the waves...



"She inspires my best work.."laughed her husband, Chip, He didn't mind Yvette's moans at all...They turned him on....


 He was  was really giving it to her...lifting her up and plunging into her...

"AYE MIOS DIOS PAPIIIIIII..AYEEEEEEEE PAPI!" she screamed....She again began to shake and tremble...her head turned from side to side..tears streamed down the side of her face.. she was having another intense orgasm...Her third for the night...



And at our house....

"I love Jessica to death...she's like the little sister I never had...but that girl is soooooo loud.."laughed Yvette.


"It doesn't bother me at all." said Gary.....It actually turned him on more....


They finished their night on the side of the bed....Yvette moving slowly up and down on Gary, kissing him slowly, softly.. Yvette again began to shake and tremble...her head turned from side to side..tears streamed down the side of her face.. she was having another intense orgasm...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VETTIE" Gary moaned as he began to cum like a gusher,his body trembling......


"Ouuuuuuu that was nice.."cooed Yvette lying on top of him and drifting off to sleep..

Gary wrapped his arms around her waist...He had a grin on his face from ear to ear..



IV-

THURSDAY NIGHT-CURLEY'S BAR- "COUPLES NIGHT"



Lots of drinks abounded.....

 

 ''Well..I'm satisfied..We are ready to go to trial." said Yvette, sipping her drink.

"Do you guys talk to Kim?" asked Gary.

"Everyday, via Portal." I said.
"She's in good spirits.."said Bee Bee.
''And she's kept a low profile...at her uncle's house..She's a good client."said Sofia.
"Unlike a former client I won't name , who is now incarcerated."laughed Kahlil.
Jade laughed... "His former Attorney is out in Hollywood overseeing his movie."laughed Jade.


''You know I'm actually interested in seeing it." laughed her husband, Danny Ho.


"Oh Nooooooooo."laughed Virginia.


"I hate to say it ,I'm kind of interested in seeing it too...That was a controversial case.."said her husband, Jetty.



as another round of drinks arrived. 

"It feels good finishing up another case." said Olivia.
 
"Especially this last one...I thought for sure we'd get a hung jury and we got an acquittal..." said Donnie Ray.


"The ADA and The Judge thought we'd get a hung jury too!...Surprised the hell out of them both!"laughed Beverly.
''We presented a very good case and we created reasonable doubt.. They read the jury wrong!" said Nelson.

"It was especially nice having my hubby help us out on that case." said Josie.
''Yeah...Next week I'll be working with Jazzy,Kayla, Zoey,Lem and Renee. but we won't be in court...It's a litigation,." said her husband, Paris.

''Oh well maybe we can see you at work again...We have a building pass...We come up and use your building's gym and sauna sometimes during the week." said Bresha.
"Oh Cool...because I'm working on that case with him." said Tony...

"I'm even coming with them to work out." said Alfreda.


"Oh Lord, I'd love to be in the building that day." laughed her husband, Rockland as more drinks arrived.




"Ummmmmmmmm I love it...Cheap cool drinks with my favorite people." said Jazzy
 

"Ummmm yes...quite refreshing." said Dabnis.

"I guess this weekend, we'll just workout after Brunch.."said Kayla.
''Well we are right across the street..we'll have the place to ourselves."said Ray...


"After that rooftop party anything else is a big letdown."said Jessica..


"Yeah,I know.."said Chip.


''While they are at the gym and spa...I'm tempted to go to the office and catch up on a little work." said Karen.

"Ugh Ugh...It's Saturday...The weekend...No work." said her husband, B.L.



"Your hubby is right Boss Lady...Brunch, Gym and Spa.." said Natalie.


"Sounds like a plan." said David.
''We deserve a break...We've worked hard."said Brooke.

"You guys have...So have I.."said her husband, Sean...

"Tonight has been so relaxing, so mellow.."said Zoey...
Lem held her in his arms.....

"Let's Hope It Stays that way." he said.


"One more drink and that is it for me... I'm glad they brought water."said Renee.



"Yeah me too! I don't want you too drunk."said Tyrell, holding Renee in his arms and hugging her....




Lt. Tragg walked in right around the time he usually did...A little before midnight.. He looked around.. He saw us all laughing, talking and drinking, but he walked right by us without saying a word..


Judge Kelly Ann Mercer was sitting at a table by herself in the back of the bar..


She had ordered several beers....Lt. Tragg sat with her and helped her quaff down the beers..

This was followed by serious kissing.......

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" he moaned..

"ARTHUR, YOU SOUND LIKE A MOOSE,MOANING SO LOUD!!!!"she laughed..

"I'M HUNG LIKE A MOOSE BABY AND IT'S ALL FOR YOU!" he said..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU! LISTEN HOW NASTY YOU TALK TO ME...TEE HEE HEE..." she giggled..


as the kissing continued.......
"I see what he sees in her...She is cute...but what does she see in him?" asked Beverly, watching them kissing from a distance..
"I imagine he's a different man from the man we have come to know and loathe when he's around her."said Olivia.
"He is...I saw him in our shopping center, buying flowers for her the other day...He was having a bouquet sent to her office and one sent to her loft...She's got him sprung!"said Yvette.
"I'm telling you...She must be blowing his mind in bed.."said Gary, smiling..
"Oh No doubt..." said Donnie Ray...
"She's my hero... Because of her, He keeps his distance...No whining and complaining about a case...No bombastic speeches about us drinking and how we'd better not be driving home...No balefull stares...I don't get angry and I'm in a much better mood when I get home with Jazzy Baby."said Dabnis, hugging his wife..
"Ouuuuuu Jazzy Baby likes that.." she laughed.
"She is blowing his mind in the bed...I can tell ,he's got that look."said David.
"Kinda like yours..huh?" said his wife, Natalie, teasing him...

"I know right?"laughed Brooke...

And in their corner....



''I'm so horny I can't see straight...I've got to see you tonight...It's been three whole nights since I've seen you."said Lt. Tragg,almost pleadingly...


"Three whole nights huh?" laughed Kelly Ann, who had been busy ,Researching a case, she'd be hearing soon. "You can come over....I'm horny too!  As Horny as a cat in heat.." she whispered and then giggled.. She was a bit tipsy....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY!" moaned Lt. Tragg..

They began kissing again...

Tonight was great, mellow.. No arguing, no fights, no police dragging anyone to jail.. Just a nice mellow ,peaceful couples night.,
"Look who's also in here." I said to Bee Bee..
"Brad Dougherty...and he's seen us...He keeps staring at us." said Bee Bee.
"He won't dare come over here...He sees we are surrounded by friends." said Sofia.
"Ahhh who cares about him?" said Kahlil...


Brad Dougherty saw us....All of us...


He sat alone, sipping a martini and steaming at being subpoenaed...


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


2 comments:

  1. Love,Love ,Love that title Keith...One of your best and a decent story to match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the extra charactors you've been including in both the Olivia stories and Yvette stories...

    ReplyDelete