Tuesday, May 17, 2022

In The Shadow Of Death


  Yvette was home....

She took a hot shower, lotioned down 

and got comfortable in her gray Victoria's Secret night shirt that came to her hips..

Gary made her her tea and then went and sat on the couch, watching TV..
He had said he was going to let her get some sleep tonight..and he was serious.

Yvette felt neglected...She went and sat on his lap, facing him...

''What's wrong with you? usually about this time, I have to fight you off of me." she asked..

"Vettie you need rest..I kept you up last night and then this morning...I made you late for work...and you got the bad news about both your dad and your cousin passing...It was too much...You were tired and you had what sounds like a breakdown..You wound up in a different part of town, left your phone at work and from what you told me...You saw your dead cousin...That sounds like a breakdown...You can't even remember how you got there... I'm scared for you...I'm worried about you." said Gary..


"You really are scared aren't you? Awwwwwwwwwwwwww him worried about me?" said Yvette in her
babyish voice..


She gave him the kiss of life...She ran her hands inside his bathrobe, inside his boxers...and discovered he was as hard as an iron pipe..

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sure you don't want to do anything?" she cooed in between smouldering kisses...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, well as long as you don't mind....OUUUUUUUUUU!" Gary moaned.

"I DON'T MIND....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SO HARD...AND SO DAMN BIG!!!
OH MYYYYYY GARY!" she said.


Devouring his lips...

He slipped her panties down and off..

and they made love on the couch....

Yvette moving slower and slower...driving Gary delirious.....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND!" she cooed.

THREE TO FOUR HOURS later...Yvette had an intense orgasm...So did Gary....

"Gary, I think I am a little sleepy...but I promise...I'll make it up to you ..." said Yvette.
"Baby...you've already done enough...Come on ,let's both get some sleep.."said Gary..

"Awww honey you are the best!" said Yvette.
She rewarded Gary with a sweet kiss..

They had the best and most relaxing sleep ever that night....

II-


Ms. Yvette was out today.....


We , Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and I were holding it down and discussing our case with  ADA Karen Page


"You look like you guys have a good appeal planned here... If this wasn't a death penalty case, it would be perfect for THE WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT..." said ADA Karen Page.

"You guys should have called us...We love a case like this." said Jessica Sanchez Burrows of the Innocence Project.

She and her husband Chip had been working with us off and on for a few years now....How ironic we wind up working in the same building and living a few doors down from each other.

"The arresting officer, Detective Dominic Evans is himself in prison for murder. He was the former  partner of yours and my favorite detective"said my wife Bee Bee, smiling. She was talking about Lt. Tragg.
"We have established that there is no physical evidence...In fact, there never was any physical evidence linking our client to this murder. There is one eyewitness and surprisingly enough it was her testimony that put our client on death row." I said.
''And this one eyewitness who puts him at the scene has changed her story several times and admits that she was paid $1000.00 in cash by the late Captain Jack Tragg, beloved Uncle of your favorite detective." said Sofia.

"The Jury never knew about the $1000.00 dollar pay off, but the late Captain Jack Tragg, Uncle of your favorite cop and mine Lt. Tragg.

''I have a copy of the cashed check...written on Jack Tragg's account..." said Jade..
"This eyewitness was paid off, she's changed her story several times...I'm surprised this has to go to the State Supreme Court... You'd think an appellate court would handle this.."said Charles "Chip" Burrows, Jessica's Husband.

"We've lost four times to date in State Appellate court, which is forcing us to take this to the State Supreme Court.." I said.
"This is a political football ,plus they are eager to use the state's new form of execution..

The Gas Chamber.."said Sofia.

"Now in the State of Pennsylvania, Death Row inmates can choose between
Lethal Injection

or the Gas Chamber." said Bee Bee.


"Hopefully we save our client from both of these deaths." said Kahlil.

"Hopefully you guys will be successful."said ADA Karen Page. 'Who Prosecuted this case anyway?" she asked.


"He's dead. His name was  John Masters , He played fast and loose with the facts....He just wanted a quick conviction...He and the Tragg Brothers, Arthur Sr. and Jack Tragg were drinking buddies...Old Dominic , who would wind up being Young Arthur Jr.'s partner...The one who would "break him in", show him the ropes was a drinking buddy of their's too." said Jade.


"Yes, their names came up in several Wrongfully Conviction cases." said Jessica.



Kahlil, Bee Bee and Sofia thought about the execution they had witnessed. 



I called Sofia.. The Govenor had turned me down....
"It's okay....I know you did your best..." she said and began sobbing...
"That was Keith huh?" asked Bee Bee..
"I take it, things didn't go well.."said Kahlil..
Jade put her arms around Sofia..

 She hugged Jade tightly...She was really taking this hard!

Surprisingly...So was Bee Bee...Regardless of their relationship...He was someone she knew..Someone from the neighborhood...The thought of him dying wracked her with guilt...She began to weep also...
Yvette hung her head....She felt bad for her "girls" as she thought of Sofia and Bee Bee...

Kahlil looked at his two friends...He felt helpless...There was nothing he could do or say to ease their pain at this point..

When he heard the news, Vincent Olipio managed a smile..

"It's all good...You guys did a hell of a job....We gave em a run for their money.."he said..

He sighed...He looked weary...

"I'm tired of fighting anyway...I've made my peace with it...I'm ready to go..." he said.


 In the Visitor's Room, The Widow of the Policeman that was killed sat with her brother and the partner of the slain Officer...The family of the drug dealer Vincent had killed years before also were seated,along with a Preacher..

Vincent asked if Bee Bee could hold his hand...The prison officials denied it...She couldn't be in the death chamber and she didn't want to be...She was glad she couldn't be...doing that would be a little too much..

They strapped Vincent to the table..  He was asked if he had any final words...He smiled, but said nothing..

The first drugs were administered...He stared straight at Bee Bee, Sofia ,Khalil,Yvette and Jade..





Slowly his eyes began to close...He drifted off into a deep sleep....He began to snore...The second drugs were administered...They relaxed his muscles....and the third set of drugs were administered..They stopped his heart....

In all it took 18 minutes...A Doctor took his pulse...

"He's gone!"he said.

The State had gotten it's revenge....That's all it was..Revenge...It wasn't Justice..


I sighed.. "We are going to win this..." I said with conviction.

"That's the spirit!" said Jessica.
"That's the spirit." said Chip.
"Go get em guys." said Karen Page.



III-

Yvette walked into the massive office and sat down..


Yvette sat quietly and waited for the therapist to show up..


Dr. Bonny was to Yvette's surprise, a Black woman..and she was sharp....

"You're Yvette Jones-Lockwood, Attorney at law...Pleased to meet you....Sit down.. would you like some coffee?" she asked.

"Please" said Yvette.

Dr. Patrice Bonny poured Yvette and herself a cup of coffee..


She looked at what she knew about Yvette already...


YVETTE DENISE JONES-LOCKWOOD

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from North Catholic High School

BA-Trial Advocacy, Pre Law, Administration of Justice -Lasalle University

JD -University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French and Russian

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware , New York, Texas, California.

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Managing Partner- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to District Attorney Investigator-Gary Lockwood.


"You're very accomplished Mrs. Lockwood.. So Talk, tell me what's on your mind." said Dr. Bonny.


"Well where do I begin? Yesterday two of my family members died... My Father here in Philadelphia and my cousin...I had a love hate relationship with both of them... My dad....We were not that close... He didn't come to my wedding..He and my mom divorced right before I graduated High school...We were never close...You know..A girl wants her dad to walk her down the aisle..Give her away...None of that for me..My girlfriend and college room-mate , Olivia Bennett-Alexander , Olivia's husband gave me away...Just as well...Olivia's family was like my family anyway...I was an only child..I met Olivia in Law School, we were roomies.. Liv took me home with her and her mother and father treated me as if I was their daughter,,,Her niece Beverly and her cousin, Kayla were like my little sisters...They became my family...It makes sense that Liv's husband, would walk me down the aisle and give me away.." said a melancholy Yvette. 
Dr. Bonny looked at her but didn't say anything..
Yvette continued to talk.. "My cousin...She lived around the corner from me.. She was an only child too..She was the total opposite of me.. Sexy, Boy crazy..Hip, Fast... I was a mousey little nerd..My mother thought she was a bad influence on me.. I was a bookworm, I made good grades in school..I was lonely.. She taught me how to dress...Went with me to buy clothes...Tight clothes..clothes that caught the attention of the boys who discovered I had a body, even before I did.. Boys wanted to call me, take me out on dates, carry my books for me, walk me to class.. I had never known such popularity...But it didn't stop me from hitting the books and making good grades.. I had one goal..and that was to go to law school and be a lawyer..

Still my cousin was like a big sister..I followed her example...I smoked pot, lost my virginity to one of her friends..and began to venture out of my shell a little... I graduated, went to college and law school and passed the bar... My cousin dropped out in our senior year... She got her G.E.D. a year later and went to Community..I think she graduated.. but she wound up modeling, acting in adult movies, doing music videos and a little acting in commercials... She tried to put on airs..but I could see through her now as an adult and in the end.. She envied me.. my lifestyle.. I also think she resented my sucess a little too." said Yvette.

"And they both passed away yesterday..Your father and your cousin?" asked Dr. Bonny.
"My dad passed away yesterday... My cousin died over the weekend in L.A. of a drug overdose. I just found  out yesterday." said Yvette.


"Ohhhhh I suspect you had unresolved feelings about both ....." said Dr. Bonny.


''Yesterday after my mother called me and told me about the second death..I left work.. I lost three hours of time..Time I can't remember...All I know is that I wound up on the steps of my high school.. O don't remember how I got there.. Nothing.. I wound up there.. And I knew in the back of my mind that my cousin was dead..but I swear, she was sitting next to me and we were talking just like I'm talking to you now.. I could feel her ,smell her perfume...and then she was gone!  

I caught an UBER back to work...but that was the craziest thing..Noting like that has ever happened to me before." said Yvette.


"Stress darling, Stress...Caused you to blackout and lose some hours and stress caused you to see your dead cousin...Hallucinate..if you will... I know you're a very accomplished attorney and you have several high powered cases  coming across your desk at any minute." said Dr. Bonny...

"I've got a death penalty case that has got to be argued before the state supreme court Doctor...A man's life hangs in the balance...


"You've also got a very capable team of attorneys Ms. Yvette.." said Dr. Bonny, throwing our dossiers on the desk... 


 
KEITH JONES-

Born in Philadelphia PA. 

Mother, Nancy Jones, Court Stenographer

Father, Judge Keith Morrison

Graduated from West Catholic High School

B.A. Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Howard University

J.D.- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French, German

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware ,New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Beatrice Evans



BEATRICE LYNN EVANS -JONES

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy ,Pre Law- Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Deleware, Texas, California

Associate Attorney- McCluskey /Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Keith Jones

SOFIA CARMELITA GARCIA-AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration Of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law-Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney -McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Kahlil Ahmed...

KAHLIL ABDUL AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Central High School

BA.- Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Temple University

JD- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Speaks Arabic languages fluently, fluent in German and Russian.

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Sofia Garcia




YVETTE DENISE JONES-LOCKWOOD

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from North Catholic High School

BA-Trial Advocacy, Pre Law, Administration of Justice -Lasalle University

JD -University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French and Russian

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware , New York, Texas, California.

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Managing Partner- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to District Attorney Investigator-Gary Lockwood.

"You've come to see me off and on for nine years now...You've talked about your kids a lot...I've never seen you more animated, more happy than when you were talking about your four brilliant hand picked little attorneys... You need some rest....Trust your kids...Trust that with all you have taught them, they can handle this... You work in a building full of attorneys that are your friends...If they need any help, they can go to them..









Not to mention...That Office Manager you hired recently...She used to be an attorney..She's got a sound legal mind..
And Jade , who is like your right hand... Your people will be fine....



You live across the street from Olivia..

"She was your room-mate in college, She was/is your sister...More like you than your cousin..You two have always had each other's back...







"You're more fortunate than most...You've got a loving nurturing support system that you work with and that you live with...You have a family....whether they are biological or not.. Lean on them a little bit..They won't mind."said Dr. Bonny.
Yvette took a deep breath...

"Wow! You've made me feel better already." she said.


"You're easier than most of my patients..... You've got that fine ass husband..

Get him to take you away for the weekend...Just the two of you."said Dr. Bonny.

"You know....I'll do just that...Thank You Dr. Bonny." said Yvette.


"You're welcome...Be well Yvette." said Dr. Bonny.

IV-


When Ms. Yvette returned home she was greeted with a surprise..







"Oh My Godddd, they're beautiful..." said Ms. Yvette..

"They're from us..We hoped you liked them," said Bee Bee.
''Best Boss Ever." said Sofia.
"We want you to know that we are holding it down...and we are not going to lose this case." I said with conviction.
''Jessica, Chip, ADA Page and Ms. Virginia have been looking over our appeal and our argument and trial strategy." said Kahlil.
"They're pretty much ready to go." said Jade.
"They are fantastic...They'll be alright...We just need you to be Okay." said Ms. Virginia.

"You know what?  I'm not related to any of you guys by blood...but you are my family..WE ARE FAMILY!  and YOU GUYS are what gives my life meaning and Joy everyday." said Ms. Yvette.
"GROUP HUG!" she said and we all hugged....

We saw her husband, Gary coming in as we all were leaving..

"Heyyy don't leave on my account.." he laughed as we headed for our homes..

''That's okay...I want to be alone with my guy tonight anyway..." said Ms. Yvette..


and she gave him a nice slow kiss......



Night Fall came...



Yvette fixed Gary a dinner of all of his favorite foods. Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Greens, Yams and Cornbread.
.
After dinner...

Gary smiled and looked at his wife lustfully after he finished washing and drying the dishes...
Yvette was already sitting on the bed in her red lace baby doll...
"Oh My Godddd...Somebody feels better!"said Gary, his eyes nearly bulging out of his head.....


He began undressing hurriedly and pulled Yvette to him and began kissing her passionately..

Slipping her bra and panties off..

''GARY HONEY....I NEED A BIG FAVOR FROM YOU!" she cooed seductively...


"OHHHHHHH VETTTIE....OHHHHHHHH ANYTIME , ANYTHING YOU NEED  FROM  ME ,JUST ASK!!! YOU KNOW THAT!" GARY MOANED.

Yvette smiled..

"I started to, but I didn't want you to be too excited when you got here.. Can you take a few days off from work?  I need you to take me somewhere..It's not work related." she asked.

"ANYTHING YOU WANT, ANYWHERE YOUUU NEEEED BABY!" he said.




The bedsprings were soon squeaking very loudly.....The headboard of their bed was rattling and the sounds of lovemaking could be heard...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu.." moaned Yvette...


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." moaned Gary.



"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Garyyyyy, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned...

"Vettie, I love you , I just love you soooo much.." moaned Gary, beside himself with lust...

He had gone to lifting her up and long stroking her..

"Ouuuuuu Gary, I love you too...I love you so much! You don't even understand how much I love youuuu." she cooed.




"YVETTE ,OH MY GODDDDDDD!" he moaned....placing her on the dresser and plunging into her warm wet center... She smelled so good and was so soft, Gary didn't know if he was coming or going.

to throwing her on the bed and laughing gleefully as he stroked her.....Her arms around his neck...her head turning from side to side....both of her legs just shaking furiously....

To finally mounting her in bed, making sweet, slow love to her....



Yvette had had three to four intense orgasms in the EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of lovemaking...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" he moaned...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBANDDDD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MEEEE?" she cooed.





She was embarrassed at the noise her bed was making...She hoped her neighbors couldn't hear it...

Her headboard sounded like it might split in half.....

She was equally embarrassed at the noise she was making....Gary was driving her out of her mind...She was cooing and hollering loud!  Gary was moaning loudly too!

She was driving him out of his mind also!

Gary didn't seem like he wanted to stop....He never did! but soon he couldn't help it...He came and he came hard like a flowing gusher..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned....

They continued kissing....

"Did you like that daddy?" asked Yvette...

"Ouuuuu I loved it baby.." moaned Gary

Gary lay in between her legs with his head resting on her breasts.. Both of them were drenched in sweat....

"Damnnnnn , that was good! "he said.

Yvette looked over at her clock...




"You weren't so bad yourself."whispered Yvette...laughing afterwords....

"Yes indeed!!!WOWWWW!!" he whispered...



"Yes....I'm glad you enjoyed yourself..I enjoyed myself too! I told you I'd make it up to you. " she said as she got up and walked to the kitchen to get a bottle of water...

"I thought about you all day...So much I could hardly concentrate on my work" he said.



"You've got to stop that......"she giggled..

"Yeah, I know... "laughed Gary.


"You wanna do it some more? asked  Yvette..

Gary pulled her to him and kissed her gently and ran his hands into her panties...

"You have to ask?" he whispered and laughed raffishly...

"No you horn dog!!!..I already know."Yvette laughed...She stroked him gently..Amazed at his size and girth....

"OUUUUUUUUUU! OH MY GOODNESS, YOU ARE SOOOOO HARD! GARY!!! You don't make any sense.." laughed Yvette..

"Neither do you! Being so damn hot!!!" said Gary, laughing raffishly...

"You think I'm hot Gary?" she asked..

"You know I do...I always have...Why do you think I've chased after you so long?" he asked..

They wound up back on the bed...Making sweet love for Another THREE HOURS or so...

"Ummmmmmmmmm you never.....you never get enough do you?" she asked..

"No, I don't...you've got me spoiled...All this good lovin.." he said..

Yvette giggled like a school girl, she loved being desired like this...

"I knowwwwwwww!" Yvette giggled....as her bed continued to squeak out of control.

"OHHHHHHHHHHH VVETTTTIE!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU, UMMMMMMMMMMMMM GARRRRRRRRRY!!!!MYYYYY GOOODNESSS...OUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!" she cooed.
They continued making love... The bed was squeaking louder now than ever and the headboard was shaking fiercely... This bed was getting a real working over this week...

Yvette's legs began shaking furiously...She was having an intense orgasm....and Gary was cumming like a gusher, his body trembling...

She lie on his chest breathing softly....

"You said you needed a favor...What?" asked Gary...

"Can you take a few days off from work? I need to go away for awhile...Just me and you and relax.."said Yvette.

"WHERE?" asked Gary..

"Anywhere you want...You choose. Just as long as it's just me and you." whispered Yvette.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay, how can I say no to you? No to that?" asked Gary as he palmed her butt..


She kissed him passionately a little longer until they both drifted off to sleep...


She fell asleep on his chest...He palmed her butt...then moved his hands.. She moved them back.. "It's okay...it's yours anyway." she giggled... He kissed her forehead.. He and Yvette drifted off into a most peaceful sleep.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments:

Post a Comment