Thursday, February 8, 2024

Manic Suppression

As lead attorney in this case... I went to GOGGINS Independent DNA Laboratories with fellow attorneys , Renee And Tyrell Jones to turn in all of Michael Rennie's fresh DNA and compare it with DNA samples from the woman's body he was accused of murdering three years ago...and hair samples taken off of the body that were all deemed inconclusive...

I had demanded further more in depth DNA tests during the first trial and was denied and thwarted by the prosecution...That was not going to happen this time...

I had the full co-operation of the D.A.'s office via the Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit behind me, which didn't even exist back when I first tried this case as a Public Defender, an overworked stressed out Public Defender...

This was a prime reason why so many Public defenders burned out or wound up leaving for greener pastures, the way so many of my colleagues had done.


"I want to thank you guys for coming with me and helping me out." I said.
''We were only too glad to be of help." said Renee.
"Olivia and Beverly and their team and Ms. Yvette and her team swear by Dr. Goggins...They use her a lot." said Tyrell.
"Yes they do and so do your friends at the Innocence Project, Jessica and Charles, I believe.." said Dr. Goggins, who had founded and run this laboratory for years and not only helped our attorney friends, but Law enforcement also...



They carefully worked on what we gave them...

 We next ventured to the Medical Examiner's lab with more DNA and evidence so they could make comparison samples.

''We'll have comparison samples made here.. This is the kind of testing I wanted for the first trial." I said.
"You'll get it for this one, for sure." said Renee.
"This will make all the difference." said Tyrell.
"We are only too glad to help exonerate an innocent man if we can."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, who was aware of the first trial and angry at being blocked by both ADA John Wiltshire and others...She long felt that Michael Rennie had possibly been railroaded....She was glad this particular case had been re-opened.
"We'll have the results back in two days tops.." said Dr. Marcy Templeton, her assistant..


A DAY BEFORE-


Brooke pulled into the parking lot of the Correctional Facility where Micheal Rennie was being held..

She lovingly nudged her best friend, Fellow attorney Natalie Charles , who had slept the entire ride.

''Wake up sleepy head...David kept you up all night huh?" she said smiling..

"Oh my Godddd, the man is a machine...He wants it constantly....We even did it this morning before getting in the shower." sighed Natalie, smiling from the good memory..


"I know the feeling....It wasn't too long ago , neither of us was getting any action...We spent Saturdays shopping and sitting in my apartment....Sometimes we went dancing and drinking at Aqua Bar or Stoleys or No. I.D. We seldom had dates." reminded Brooke..


"I know...Now look at us...Both Married,Got a whole bunch of friends...Some cool activity every week almost... No I.D. BAR , Brunch on Saturday,Shopping trips, Roller Skating , Super Brunch at Josie's on Sunday,Laundry Day...Game Day, Day Party...."gushed Natalie.


"And having more sex and orgasms than we have a right to..."laughed Brooke.

"That right there." laughed Natalie who high fived Brooke and laughed.
"Bull Bailey saw the two women laughing...He had no idea what they were laughing about...but he was glad Brooke didn't come with her husband, glad that none of the other attorneys came with them...

He searched Natalie without speaking to her and searched the food tray they brought....Then he slowly searched Brooke..

"Well how are you today Ms. Brooke...Heh heh heh..?" he laughed.


"I'm just fine." said Brooke begrudgingly...



Michael Rennie was surprised but glad to see two beautiful women meeting with him today....He knew they were married, but couldn't resist checking them out...

"So where is the rest of the gang?" he asked.

"They are busy doing case work related to your re-trial." said Natalie.
"Meanwhile...we brought you a treat...Some good Soul Food, from a place near us called Mabel Jenkins Soul Food Joint." said Brooke.

There was good Fried Chicken, Mack and Cheese and other delights....



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEEEEE...Umph, Umph Umph...I aint had good eating like this in three years...What you know about this girl?" he jokingly said to Brooke.

"You forget...I'm married to a Black man....and we've been together for a few years now... " said Brooke. She pointed to Natalie... "And she is my very best friend..and we didn't meet just yesterday.."she added.

Natalie smiled. She had a sexy smile, he thought...

Michael Rennie smiled..


"I guess you do know your stuff...SISTAH!" he said ,laughing and hugging Brooke...

"Enjoy your food..Today you're going to go back to the Medical Office here and they are going to extract fresh DNA from you...Urine, Saliva and Semen samples.. We are going to take this with us and original DNA information found in the semen in the dead woman's body, on her panties and on her bra, get a comparison with yours as well as hair samples and other things and determine once and for all who killed that girl." said Natalie.



"You know David fought for more in depth DNA testing in the first trial, but ADA John Wiltshire fought for and blocked it...because the first evidence came back inconclusive..." said Michael Rennie.

"Yeah , he tried that....but it won't work for him this time."said Brooke.
"This time we have compelling arguments supporting our side."said Natalie.


Which lead to todays activities.





II-

COURTROOM A-
ADA John Wiltshire had not stopped... He filed a motion in court to keep any new DNA evidence from being used in the re-trial...He wanted to go with the original evidence...and the original evidence only..


He argued under Judge Tamera Perry...A Judge he thought might be favorable to him..He was wrong...

He was stunned to hear oral arguments led by Karen Page... As well as myself, the original attorney..
and Brooke, Natalie, Sean, Tyrell, Renee and Innocence Project attorneys and our friends, Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband Charles Burrows, who were so incensed when they heard what he was trying to do that they felt compelled to join us...









Oral arguments went on for two days......He was amazed at our preparation....Our knowledge of laws and predicates pertaining to Capital Cases in general...Far superior to the first time around...Judge Perry was impressed also.


Judge Perry ruled in our favor, saying that this evidence should have been used in the first trial and was"surprisingly blocked " for reasons she couldn't understand, but planned to have investigated.. She said our new DNA evidence was very much admissible and not only could be used in the retrial, but SHOULD be used.....

''We did it guys."said Karen, hugging me.
"This wasn't like the first trial at all." I said.
"You're older, smarter ,more experienced and most of all, you're not alone...You got us." said Brooke.
"And we can't be bullied or intimidated..."said Natalie.
"I knew he was going to make a move....This was the move he made..." said Sean....

"Trying to suppress our new evidence was pretty low down..." said Tyrell. 
"He's a low down guy.... Jessica, Chip thanks for helping us." said Renee.
''When we saw what he was trying to do, we just had to jump in...and help."said Jessica.
"I can't believe he would stoop so low." said Chip.


"I can." I said.


John Wiltshire tossed his suit jacket into the air and kicked the table hard.. He was livid at losing this hearing... He was beet red....He really needed any new evidence suppressed..Especially DNA evidence.

He stormed out of the courtroom.....Cursing and grumbling......



A Celebration was in order....Olivia and Beverly had done it again...They found a Steak Bar and Restaurant for us to hang out in....It was ironically a few blocks from Curleys..






They served all kinds of cheese steaks.


In addition they had drinks...



And A D.J. who spun all night..

"Olivia, living near you and being your friend is certainly beneficial." I said smiling.
"You definitely know all of the cool places to eat, drink and just hang out." said Natalie.
"Yessssss...and we didn't have to go to Curleys tonight...This is so much fun and just blocks away..."said Brooke.
"Yeah Liv, you're the best...We needed a place to celebrate after today's victory." said Sean.
 

"I thought you'd like this place...but I can't take credit for it...My husband found this place."said Olivia.
 
"Some musician friends of mine at Josie's told me about this spot." said Donnie Ray.


"FOODIE!"laughed Beverly.
"The Cheese Steaks here are some of the best I've had." said Nelson.

"This is a great place."said Josie.
"Man..they got a D.J. spinnin and they serve drinks as well."said Paris.

"That's really cool."said Bresha.
"If this place wasn't so close to Curley's I might venture to come up here on my own for a date night."said Tony.

"I was thinking the same thing, but won't for the very same reason....We might just run into that menace of a cop." said Alfreda.

"Forget about him."said Rockland, who raised a beer up high!


 "It's a celebration!" said a very happy Jazzy.
"This place just opened up last week."said Dabnis.
"I love this place...Cheese steaks galore, plus drinks and a DJ." said Kayla.
"Not a whole lotta room for dancing..but I still love this place."said her husband, Ray.


"It's a celebration." said Jessica.


"Yes...The Good Guys won one."said Chip.


"Thank you guys again for lending a helping hand." said Karen...

"I want the exclusive story."laughed her husband, B.L.




"You are something else...You live right in the midst of all of your exclusive stories.," said Natalie.
I sat back and laughed...I couldn't be happier this afternoon... John Wiltshire had tried to supress our new evidence...Evidence we didn't even have in the first trial, because he never allowed any in depth testing...and successfully suppressed my efforts at getting it. Not today thought...Not today!


"I had no doubt in  my mind we were going to win this today....We had more information than he was prepared to deal with."said Brooke.

"He'd better stick to building his reputation bullying young, green, over worked Public Defenders...He's stomping with the Big Dogs now!" said Sean..

"That's right time for him to get off the damn porch." said Zoey,laughing..

Her husband Lem cracked up laughing..


So did Renee , who was sharing a cheese steak with her husband, Tyrell..

Tyrell looked up.... There was Lt. Tragg!!!

"Damn it! Can't we go anywhere? Without him showing up! DAMN IT!!" he asked.



"I thought you all were in here....I saw one of the bus drivers that was leaving that drove past Curleys on my way there..Saw you all coming in here.......Well look at this...Eating Greasy Cheese Steaks and gulping down many many beers...I'm certain those buses are coming back to get you all... You shouldn't be drinking and driving after you leave here...because I'll be watching.....Yvette....You're the hardest person to track down....but now that I have you all here...I need a name...The name of that young man States Attorney Tanya Mosley has been dating....All of your lying friends say they don't know him. but I KNOW BETTER THAN THAT...AND IF I FIND OUT OTHERWISE....I'LL BE BRINGING CHARGES ON YOU ALL FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE" said Lt. Tragg.

 

 ''Well I don't know about everyone else, but I don't know him...I was never introduced to him."said Yvette.

"That's it Lieutenant...If my wife says she doesn't know him..then she doesn't know him."said Gary with a finality that sounded a bit edgy.

"I don't know him." said Keith Jones.
"Only saw him that once...I don't know him." said Bee Bee.
"Don't know him.."said Sofia.
"Don 't know the man." said Kahlil.
"I don't know him ,but even if I did, I wouldn't tell you."said Jade, not hiding her anger at him being here.


Danny said nothing.

"My answer is the same as Jade's...I don't know the man....but even if I did..I wouldn't tell you."said Virginia.


He bristled at the last two remarks...


"That is it....Now either buy a Cheesesteak and have a beer or get the hell away from our table...and get out of here."said Judge Jetty Dukes.




"IS THAT A THREAT???  I DON'T TAKE THREATS LIGHTLY....AND FURTHER MORE I'M GOING TO START ARRESTING ANYBODY WHO LAYS A HAND ON ME FROM NOW ON!"said Lt. Tragg....

"WHY? SO YOU CAN BE FREE TO ANNOY PEOPLE AT WILL WITH IMPUNITY!!!HUH?" said States Attorney Tanya Mosley....who also showed up with her right hand man, Alvin Davis...


"Still makin friends huh Lieutenant?" joked Alvin Davis....



"YOU'RE THE PERSON I WANT TO SEE..I WANT THE NAME OF YOUR PRESENT BOYFRIEND...AND I WANT IT NOW!" he bellowed.  "YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME YOU DON'T KNOW HIM EITHER?" Lt. Tragg bellowed..


"I know him quite well.....but I'm not tellin you nothin...Not tonight.  You have other problems."said States Attorney Tanya Mosley, who pointed to the door...


A Philadelphia Sheriff's deputy walked in...The car was right outside...


He had handcuffs...


"It's tank time Artie...You never learn....They aren't even in Curleys and you're still hassling these  people.., let's go." barked the deputy..



"Heyyyyy now wait just a minute.."said L:t. Tragg.

"NO! YOU WAIT JUST A MINUTE...LET'S GO!" he said and handcuffed Lt. Tragg and dragged him out of the establishment...

That was met by loud laughs and cheers from all of us....

The Sheriff's department had gotten multiple calls the minute he began his spiel...Some from our group, who had the number on speed dial.....but the main one from States Attorney Mosley, before she approached him.

"AWWWWWWWWWW COME ONNNN!!!!COME ONNNNNNNN!" he protested....


That was enough to earn him a trip to the "Cooler" for the night.



III-


The rest of our night was uneventful...We enjoyed the good cheese steaks, the cold drinks and the music played by a good dj and the fellowship...Today had been a good day.



"Great Day today huh? We won our case.....Went to a great new place....Couldn't have ended better." said Natalie, smiling.


"Ummmmmmmmmmmm give me some sugar." she cooed, kissing me..


"AWWWWWW You read my mind..." I said as we kissed.


"Not too hard to read....You always want it.." said Natalie...


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN SO HORNY, EVER SINCE WE LEFT COURT!" I said.

"You were horny in court....I saw the way you were looking at me." she said as we kissed..





I unsnapped her bra,,

and slipped her panties down and off..



I lifted her up and entered her...She spread her legs wide as I long stroked her....She had an orgasm on the spot, Her head turning from side to side..Her whole body trembling...her left foot shaking...and tears streaming down the side of her face..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! UMMMMMMMMM!! OUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NATALIE.." I cried out..



I placed her on the dresser drawer, spread her legs and entered her again......Kissing her slowly and softly...

"David, David...I think I'm going to cum....again." she whispered.

Her head began turning from side to side..Her whole body trembling...her left foot shaking...and tears streaming down the side of her face..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! UMMMMMMMMM!! OUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out..





I entered her and she wrapped her arms around my neck...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???" I cried out...

"WHAT AM I DOING TO YOU??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MEE?" she cried out...

"AWWWWWWWWWW I JUST WANT TO PUT IT IN YOU!" I cried out...

"So do me...Screw my damn brains out.," she said..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...OHHHHHHHHHH! I CAN'T KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF YOU....I CAN'T CONTROL MY ERECTIONS WHEN I'M AROUND YOUUUUUUUU" I moaned..

"THAT'S OKAYYYYYY...THAT'S OKAYYYYYYYY..WOUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Natalie screamed...


I placed her on the bed and spread her legs...She was shaking with anticipation...and she had another  intense orgasm almost as soon as I entered her again.......I was in total ecstasy..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DAVID!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMM! WOUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.

"NATALIE...OH MY GODDDDDD!!! NATALIE! I LOVE YOU!" I cried out...


"I LOVE YOU TOO!  I LOVE YOU TOO!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out...
and we made sweet , sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS!  




Natalie wound up sleeping soundly on top of me, even snoring a little...I smiled and rubbed her butt..She giggled..and drifted back off to sleep with a serene smile on her face.

NEXT DOOR-

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VANILLA!" moaned Sean...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND, ummmmmmm give me a chance to get out of my clothes.."said Brooke.
They kissed passionately...
They slowly took each other's clothes off, continuing to kiss...
He slolwly slipped her panties down...

"Ohhhhhh I love these...ouuuuuuu"Sean moaned...

Brooke giggled...

"I don't have a pair you don't love, especially when you're slipping them off." she giggled.
"I love you so much Vanilla..."said Sean..

"I love you too Chocolate Daddy." she cooed..

She rode him slowly , softly like a surfer rides the waves, slowly driving him mad.....

Later , he had her legs spread, plowing into her doggie style... She cried like a baby...her body trembled and her head turned from side to side...



They finally wound up on the floor going at it hard.....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD THIS FEELS."moaned Sean....

"ME NEITHER...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" screamed Brooke.
For the next NINE TO TEN HOURS   they made crazy love in their bed.. OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! LAWDDDDDDDDDDD!" he moaned...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDD!!OUUUUUUUUUUU
WOUUUUUUUUU!
" she screamed. Tears flowed down her cheeks!

Her body trembled and she had another quick almost embarrassing orgasm....

Sean came so unexpectantly and so hard, he felt like he was dying..





Brooke lie quietly on top of Sean...gently rubbing his still surprisingly hard penis, while he rubbed her butt...She smiled at him...




IV-

The next day we were at Breakfast in our building...

Natalie was softly rubbing my shoulder...

"I love you." she whispered in my ear..
I smiled.. " I love you too!" I whispered back...
Likewise, Brooke was whispering in her husband Sean's ear- "Thank you for all of the orgasms.." she said and giggled.
"You're so welcome baby." said Sean, who was returning to his job in the Federal Building today...



Renee walked over to us and sat down...

"Good news ...We got a hearing date...Day after tomorrow.. We pick a jury and get set." she said.


"Here we go guys..." said her husband, Tyrell..


"This is the best news we've had since we won that oral argument against Wilshire." said Karen.


"I'm happy for you....but don't get too comfortable..Hanging Jack is a snake." said Jazzy...
 

"He'll try to tie you to some scandal in the newspapers." said Dabnis...

''And if he can't find one...He'll manufacture one."said Kayla.
"Either that or he'll try once again to delay the trial..." said Ray...



"Watch and secure your witnesses...Don't be surprised if they suddenly change their testimony or become very forgetful." said Jessica.

''This man is ruthless...just be ready for any scenario." said Chip.


"We are...Our three witnesses are where he can't get to them....Sissy and her detectives of C.I.D. have them stashed away out of state." said Karen.

''Oh that's good." said her husband, B.L. , who joined us for breakfast this morning.


''And our evidence is locked away in a very secure area , away from here..." said Natalie.


"He's going to have to bring it to get it this time." I said.

"We are ready for him...The question is...Is he ready for us?"asked Brooke.


"I don't think so.."laughed  Sean..

"I'm so happy for you guys...Good Luck in court." said Zoey..
"Yes Good Luck Guys."said Lem.


"I'm so excited...I can't wait to take this case to court." said Renee.

''Me Neither."said Tyrell.


"I'm going to try and stop down and catch some of it." said Paris.

"This will be good education for you, plus it's a landmark case." said Tony.

 

 "Lt. Tragg is probably just getting out of the Cooler about now." laughed Yvette.

"He's been locked up more than his perps." laughed Keith.

Bee Bee and Sofia cracked up laughing...
"It's true after all."said Kahlil.
"He can't help himself..He wants to arrest that guy for assaulting an officer, to make an example out of him."said Jade.


"From a legal standpoint...He has very little chance of making the charges stick....First off, he was off duty....Second off you have 7 eyewitnesses , eight if you count the States Attorney who say he started the fight...He won't win that one...Not at all." said Virginia.


"Ouuuuuuuuuu you get me aroused when you talk legal talk."said her husband, Jetty...

"You get aroused when I breathe..."said Virginia.

"Ummmmmmmm Sounds like someone else  I Know.." whispered Natalie in my ear...

Now it was my time to giggle.



And Blocks away at Sam Mother's Diner...

ADA John Wiltshire sat down and had his breakfast...
Steak and Eggs and Hashbrowns...

He had his own thermos, full of hot coffee, mixed with Irish Whiskey.... He was depressed this morning....



.Lt. Tragg stumbled into the diner..He had just gotten out of jail for the night...He had on the same suit he had worn the day before...His clothes were wrinkled.. He looked like hell..






He ordered his breakfast of Coffee, Fried Eggs , Hash browns and sausage...


John Wiltshire looked at Lt. Tragg and smiled...

Here was somebody that looked worse than he felt at the moment.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)

5 comments:

  1. Love The title, Loved the story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title, Great story...I'm saying everything Toni said.. but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't surprised that he would try to suppress evidence and witnesses..He realizes he has a loser case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lt. Tragg, John Wiltshire and Bull Bailey have to be three of the most miserable men around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties high!

    ReplyDelete