Tuesday, June 6, 2023

One Piece Of The Puzzle

A DAY LATER-
 
We pulled into the parking lot of Valhalla Women's Holding facility....
After parking, we marched into the Prison...

Our old enemy, William "Bull" Bailey was there, checking everyone in... He had no love for us... It was our fault for defending Brooke Marks and bringing up information that he himself had planted evidence on a crime scene that got him fired from his cushy job as a federal investigator and nearly jailed , stuck in this sorry job that stuck in his craw.. He made sure that he searched Olivia, her niece Beverly, Josie and Bresha thoroughly...before allowing them in...







They expected it...They didn't protest!
He searched Nelson too!

Naturally, I gave up my weapon....and we proceeded..There was no conversation...Certainly no pleasantries exchanged...as he had with the White Attorneys , who he practically let walk in...

We sat in the waiting room for THIRTY MINUTES before 
Raylene Singleton walked in...She didn't know any of us....She was astounded..

"Who are you guys?" she asked.

"We are your Attorneys." said Nelson.  "I'm Nelson East." he added.
"I'm Olivia Bennett-Alexander...This is my niece, Beverly West-East...
"Hello." said Beverly...
"One of our associate attorneys... Mrs. Josie Boyd..."Olivia continued...

"Hello." said Josie.
And our other Associate Attorney, Mrs. Bresha Billips." said Olivia.

"Hello." said Bresha.
"This is my husband, Mr. Donnie Ray Alexander....He is our investigator."said Olivia.
"Pleased to meet you." I said.

"I know who you guys are...I mean , Who in Philadelphia hasn't heard of you guys??....but..but I didn't call you...I don't have the money to pay you....I-I can't afford you..." said Raylene Singleton....

"You don't have to worry about paying us...Your legal fees have already been paid..."said Olivia, smiling.
"By who? I'm not connected...I don't know anybody....I-I was going to try and get a Public Defender to take my case..." said Raylene...

"The person that paid our fees believes you are innocent, believes that Lt. Tragg got the wrong person.That's why we are here." said Beverly.

"He did...He did get the wrong person...That Jackass.. He was listening to my newsy neighbors talking about the fights me and Willie had.well not fights...arguments...I admit they did get pretty loud... He moved in with me when he got out of prison....I was working , paying all of the bills for awhile..until he could get himself on his feet...but Willie wouldn't work, wouldn't get himself a straight job... I don't know what he was out on them streets doing...but every once in awhile , he'd have money...I don't know where or how he got it from, but he'd have it and he'd take me out to dinner and dancing and pay all the bills..then he'd go for months without money and I'd have to do everything...I finally asked him to get out... He left...and two days later...I heard he was dead....Floating in the river... but I didn't kill him... I'm not violent.. I'm no killer." said Raylene..

"I don't believe you are a killer either baby!" said Olivia.




"Raylene...Did he have any friends, any associates who came around your house or called him that you know of?" I asked.

"All his friends are incarcerated. Only that lawyer of his, Callie Rowe called...And I don't know why he was talking to her..He couldn't afford her..When he got arrested four years ago...He had money...You know from his stick ups and heists...He wasn't doing that anymore...or at least that's what he told me... 
But she called him at least twice a week..

When she called.. He'd go outside and talk...I don't know what they were talking about."said Raylene.
"We know her...We just had a big negotiation against her in a Civil case about two weeks ago...Two Days before Willie was found floating in the river..."said Beverly...

"Yeah we know her quite well.."said Josie..

"I don't get it...Callie Rowe is a big time attorney, She makes six figures a client I'm sure..What would she be doing with some small time punk like Willie Galvenston?" asked Nelson.


"She did rep him before.."said Bresha..

"Hmmmmm, I'd like an answer to those questions my damn self." I said.
''She won't talk to you...Anything we want to ask her...We are going to have to ask her in court, by way of a subpoena."said Olivia..

"And she still might fall on Attorney-Client privilege. " said Beverly.... 

"You sit tight Raylene...We will be back to visit you and next time we'll bring food.. Just tell us what you like...Here is my card...Call this number if you have any concerns about anything ,you hear?" said Olivia.


"Thank you...Thank you for everything" said Raylene.



We got in our SUV and pulled off...

II-




We were hungry and while we normally would've driven to the Bridge Building to eat with our friends...Sam Mother's Diner was closer.. So we went there.  I pulled into the parking lot..

We sat at a big table in the center and ordered a big breakfast
that consisted of

Buttermilk Biscuits and Gravy
Scrapple , Since moving to Philadelphia, I had developed a love for this regional treat.

Eggs to order
Hash Browns

Sausages..

.
and Hot Coffee..

"Ummmm this is sooooo good...I was famished...I just couldn't wait." said Olivia.
"Yeah, I know what you mean.." I said, really chowing down.
" This is good, I don't care who comes in here."said Beverly.
"Yes indeed.." said Nelson , who also was really chowing down...
Josie looked at him and laughed...but was chowing down herself..
As was Bresha, who wasn't talking...
Cousin Kayla ran in just then..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuu I am sooo glad to see you guys...I had an early court appointment this morning...and I 
just couldn't take that ride to our building...I had to have something to eat...When I saw you guys in the window. my prayers were answered." said Kayla.
Olivia hugged her cousin and kissed her on the cheek...

"Ummmmmmmmmm, Glad to see you baby, by all means , join us...We'll give you a ride back.." she said.
"Hey Kayla.there is plenty of room for you right here."said Beverly, who kissed and hugged her cousin.
Kayla had her tray with her... She joined us...


"We'll give you a ride back to work..." I said.

We were halfway through our meals when like clockwork, Lt. Tragg walked in..


Naturally , he sauntered over to our table..

"Enjoying your meals?" he asked sarcastically...

"We were ,until you came in." said Beverly.


Kayla, Josie and Bresha snickered....


He ignored them...."A Little Birdie told me that you guys just left Valhalla Women's Correctional Center after a morning visit with Raylene Singleton, my suspect in the Riverfront murder.." he snarled.
Olivia sighed... "Must we go through this all the time?" she said without answering his question.
"Is that what you're calling it...The Riverfront Murder? That'll make a good title for the Mini-Series on Netflix." said Beverly....

Nelson spit his coffee out...He was laughing so hard..



Kayla, Josie and Bresha laughed out loud now....


Lt. Tragg stared at Beverly... "You know, there are times when you are funny and then there is today!" he said..He hated being the butt of any joke..He was very thin skinned..

"Oh I don't know, they think I'm Hillarious." said Beverly non-chalantly...



This infuriated Lt. Tragg...

"There is a big money game here....This guy was part of a crew that stole close to 4 million dollars...2.5 million in jewels that were never recovered...Now he's dead, just months after he's released from prison...The Mastermind is dead....and four of the other guys are locked up...Serving long sentences...Someone connected to the money hired  you to rep her and I want to know who it is...Who put up the money for her...I know you Liv, you don't often take cases pro bono....I think you've done your quota for the year haven't you?Who hired you and what does your client know about the money?" he asked..

"I don't think who her client is or how they're getting paid is any of your business."said Kayla.


"And I think you should speak when you are spoken to little lady!" said Lt. Tragg...

"I don't have to divulge any of that information to you and you know that and I don't choose to."said Olivia.


"I'll get a warrant...I'll stop by your house." he threatened...

"You'll just be wasting your time, but you do that, okay?" said Olivia...

I returned to the table.. I passed her the company credit card...

"Our Bill is paid..We can leave now..." I said.


"Thank You Baby!" said Olivia..
She kissed me passionately....


''All of the old, fat, bald headed Attorneys you could whore yourself out to and you pick her...Eh Donnie Ray? You left New Orleans P.D. for her and moved up here to cold ass Philly....She must be hell in the bed... Must be nice huh?  You get paid well and you get her...." he said.

"Yup!  The Best Part is that I get Her." I said..


Olivia hated when he talked about her like that, Like she lured me up here because of sex...but Lt. Tragg was partially right... Though I did love her deeply....She was simply the best sex I had ever had...

"Let's get Out of here." said Josie..
"Yeah, Breakfast was good, up to a point."said Kayla.
"I hear that." said Nelson.
"You ready Bree?" asked Beverly...
"I was ready when he walked over to our table." said Bresha.
"Have a good day Lieutenant!" said Olivia.
Lt. Tragg stood there giving us a baleful stare as we departed..
In the parking lot... I found four of his GPS tracking devices...I removed them and disabled them and tossed them in the trash.... Our friend and fellow Investigator  Kevin Morris 


 had given me a quasi legal app on my phone that helped me sniff out tracking devices.. I turned up two more.. I disabled them and tossed them in the trash also...


We then took Kayla back to work and headed Home..


III-

NIGHTFALL CAME
Olivia sat on the bed in her babydoll...She was on her laptop..


She was looking up Attorney Callie Rowe...The one piece of this puzzle that didn't seem to fit.

CALDONIA OLIVIA  BARRETT -ROWE-

Born in New York City, New York

Father, Retired FBI Agent..

Mother, Retired Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District

B.A.- Administration of Justice, Pre Law, Trial Advocacy-Cornell University

J.D.- Columbia University

Passed Bar in New York/ MA/CT/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Deleware/California

Captain, United States Navy-  Trained Scuba Diver, Stationed in San Diego, California.
Served in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Honorable discharge

Law Clerk in New York for Judge Juan Pasko

After a short time working in New York City in private practice, where she specialized in corporate law, and criminal law as well, She left for Philadelphia.

Married Attorney Oliver Barrett of Philadelphia, divorced after three years...

Worked as An Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia D.A.'s Office.

Now Works as A Senior Associate Attorney for the Honeycut Group...

"Looks like she has a spotless record to me." I said.

"Yes, pretty much....Yet I'm wondering how she even got involved in the defense of Willie Galveston...What caused their paths to cross.? They're in two different worlds..It's not like me and Bev and Nelson...We were Public Defenders, we represented a lot of people like him...and we specialize in Criminal Defense mostly at this firm so it makes sense..but not for her..." said Olivia...


"So we'll ask her...It can't hurt to ask..." I said....I kissed her neck and her earlobes..


This soon turned to more full mouth kissing.........

"Ummmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuuu.." Olivia moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..AHHHHHHHHHH!" I moaned..

"Lt. Tragg was right about one thing." I said as we continued kissing..

"And what pray tell was that?" asked Olivia..

"The best part of my life is I get to be with you." I said.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw!" she said and continued kissing me slowly and softly...





I slowly slipped her panties down...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!" I moaned..

"Oh Donnie Rayyyyyyyyy!" she moaned..
We kissed passionately....She slid her laptop over on the night stand...
She straddled me and began moving up and down......

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HUSBAND!" she moaned.

"Lt. Tragg was right...You are the prize..." I said..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO GET ME OPEN, DON'T YOU?" she cried out..

"I TRY HARD!" I said

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAYYYYYYY! You're good at it...You've been good at it since the night we first met...UMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWD Girrrrrrrrrrrrl!" I cried out
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAYYYYYYY!" she moaned..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWD Girrrrrrrrrrrrl!" I cried out.

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS OF SWEET SWEET LOVEMAKING began...


When it was over....Olivia lie on my chest...breathing slowly and continuing to kiss me...



"Want some more?" she asked me... I was surprised...I smiled broadly...


"I take that as a yes." she said and straddled me.


We couldn't get enough of each other tonight... Kissing and making love....


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAYYYYYYY! YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZZZZZY" she moaned..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWD Girrrrrrrrrrrrl!" I cried out.


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH This doesn't make sense...you being this good in bed!" she cried out....

TWO TO THREE HOURS PASSED BY!

Olivia had an intense orgasm while we were making sweet love.......I came so hard, I thought I was dying....




"WOWWWW , what a night this has been..." I said as once again, Olivia rested on top of me...

"It has been indeed.OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." she remarked...Trying to catch her breath...Her right leg was still shaking..... "Oh My Godd! I think I'm still having an orgasm...WOUUUUUU!" she cried out...

I squeezed her butt..

"Can I have some more?" I jokingly asked...

"Yes...Tomorrrow!" she said and smiled and dozed off into a deep sleep..

The next day we all were having a big breakfast...







Alfreda let herself in and began breakfast.... Olivia and I, exhausted from last night...were just stumbling in , when we saw she had everything nearly done..

"Good Morning Guys...Rough night huh? " said Alfreda with a smile.

''Awww Freda, I'm sooo sorry...I 'm usually out here.. It's all his fault....He loved me too good!"said Olivia, laughing and looking at me..


I yawned and smiled sheepishly...


"Look at him, just as happy as a clam!!!! Ha Ha Ha...That's okay....I like to cook...Haven't you noticed? And this job gives me the opportunity to cook and cater."said Alfreda, who would tell anyone who would listen how much she loved her job as Office Manager to a law firm...A firm that allowed her to see her daughter and son in law every day...

The Other four members of our staff cruised in and joined us at the table.. Nelson, Beverly, Josie and Bresha.. All of them looking as though they had just gotten up..

"Good Morning!"said Nelson.
"Good Morning everybody...." said Beverly...

"UMMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMPH!  I guess she got loved real good too!" laughed Alfreda ,looking at Nelson and Beverly's faces....
Olivia sat in my lap and lay her head in my shoulders....

We had  heard Beverly and Nelson last night


...We knew they had had quite a time....









quite a time! 


"Good Morning." said Josie.
"Good Morning!" said Bresha.

We all sat down and enjoyed a nice quiet, uneventful breakfast...


Later on that morning...In our conference room...

''Auntay, Can Lt. Tragg really get a warrant to force us to reveal who is paying us?" asked Beverly,.
''Come on Neicey Poo....You haven't been out of law school that long... No he can not..That is a violation of Attorney -client privilege...I don't have to tell him who is paying me...But he can easily find out...He can access our bank records...He'll see two large payments from Cyclops Insurance Company...He can figure it out from there..." said Olivia.

"I don't think he has the brains to do that." said Bresha.

"He'll probably hire a private investigator to find that out for him.."said Nelson..
"Imagine that!" I said, cracking up...
Josie fell out laughing...


"You guys are tooo much!" she said,laughing....


IV-


THAT NIGHT!

It was a celebration!!! We were celebrating both Natalie and Nelson's Birthdays at the No I.D. Bar.
We had a Big Cake, 
Plenty of Champaigne...

And our Catering truck had brought a big buffet of food for everyone..

The people at No.I.D. ,like the people at Curleys loved us...We spent a lot of money on drinks and we tipped well, So when we asked, they accommodated our group..

They roped an area off for us and we all sat.....

"Happy Birthday to my Hubby and one of my dearest friends, Natalie.."said Beverly...
Nelson Blushed...
Beverly gave him a big sloppy ,wet kiss..
"Happy Birthday Nat!" said Beverly, hugging her...
''Awwwww thank you!"said Natalie.
Her husband David, took her in his arms 
and gave her a big kiss..

We all clapped and cheered.

''Happy Birthday Sexy! You're going to be older than me until the end of the year ." he joked..

''Age means nothing in the bed..does it?" she whispered in his ear, while running her index finger across his lips.

"It sure doesn't." he laughed, squeezing her butt...


"Ouuuuu David!" she said, Blushing!

and kissing him some more...



''Happy Birthday Girrrrrl!" said Kayla.
"Happy Birthday."said Ray..
"Happy Birthday to my best friend in the whole wide world and my new friend, who is like a brother, Nelson East." said Brooke...
''Happy Birthday Neighbor and Happy Birthday Nelson." said Sean
"Happy Birthday to you both. Nelson , you're my brother and Nat, what can I say....We've been best buds since seventh grade...I love you both."said Jazzy..
"Happy Birthday to my man Nelson, who's like a brother and to my Spades partner, Natalie.."said Dabnis.
"Happy Birthday Mami.." said Jessica..
"Yes, Happy Birthday.."said Chip..
''Happy Birthday Nelson...You have been a brother to me...My Big Brother, Love you to the moon and Happy Birthday to my new sister, Natalie..."said Josie..
"Nelson, we go back to when you and Bev first hooked up...You're more than a brother to me..
Happy Birthday man and Natalie...I love you, but I'm tired of you and Dabnis beating me and Jazzy at Spades..." said Paris..



Natalie and Jazzy spit their drinks out laughing and hugged each other...


"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!!! "said a teary eyed Bresha...who was getting emotional... She was so happy to be accepted amongst all of these nice people.
"Happy Birthday to you both, Both Mad cool people." said Tony....
"Happy Birthday to my man Nelson, who's like a brother to me and Natalie....Glad you're my friend.."said Keith Jones...
"It's a celebration and who better to celebrate with than two good friends."said Bee Bee.
"Happy Birthday to you both, Love you!"said Sofia..
"Happy Birthday."said Kahlil...

As the drinks and food was made available..


"Liv you really know how to throw a shin dig." said Yvette...
"I have to give the credit to Alfreda over there... She put this together.."said Olivia..
"I enjoy doing this kinda thing."said Alfreda.
"And you do it well...We are grateful to have you as part of our staff."I said.
"This really is a nice affair."said Gary....
"Yes indeed."said Rockland.
"I might have overdressed for this."said Virginia..
"You're never overdressed baby." said her husband, Jetty..
"Ouuuuuuu this is sooo nice." said Jade..
"Yes it is." said Danny Ho...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!" said Zoey...
"YES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!" said Lem...
Karen Page arrived late..She didn't come on the buses like the rest of us did. She brought an overnight bag..she was going home with us and spending the night. She could leave for work from our house..
she hugged Natalie..

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRRRRRL!" she said, hugging one of her newest staff members.

"AWWWWWW THANK YOU BOSS LADY!" said Natalie.


The No I.D. Bar  was across the street from the Bridge Building...at Penns Landing...From it you could get a pretty good view from the Harbor...

It was 1:50 AM.....Beverly and Nelson were standing outside, getting some fresh air...Everyone was getting ready to leave...

'Well Birthday Boy....I have the ribbon in my pocketbook, I'm going to wrap myself with...Are you Happy?  " she asked, smiling and hugging him...

"I'm always Happy when I'm with you.....Bev, Look....Look out there!" said Nelson...

"WHAT? OH MY GOD!!! IT'S THAT SAME MINI YACHT THAT WAS OUT THERE WHEN WE WERE ON ROLLIE'S BOAT!  What would they be doing out here at this time of morning?" asked Beverly...
"Pass me your camera....You got it?" asked Nelson.
"Yeah." said Beverly, looking at the boat...
"I see two people on it...A Man and a woman..."said Beverly.

Nelson began snapping photos...There was a big splash....Someone had jumped off the boat into the river...

"Wonder why someone would be out here scuba diving this time of Night ?" asked Beverly.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

  1. I love the closeness of this group...(All of them) Liked this installment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lt. Tragg and Bull Bailey are both small minded, petty little men. Part of a dying breed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why haven't they been able to secure the jewels if they've found them already? I understand they can't take anybody else because they don't want to share...but are the chests wedged into the river bottom??

    ReplyDelete