Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Dirty Work

It was a warm summer morning...As we drove up on the prison...We could see the ladies in their orange jumpsuits in the yard, marching in the morning...
We parked in the parking lot of Valhalla Women's Correctional Facility.
We got out of the car and got the food trays out of the trunk....
"Brookie, there is your boyfriend in the doorway." joked Natalie..
William "Bull" Bailey , former Detective, Former Federal Investigator , now simply, a guard at the women's prison stood there checking people in...It was a job he hated... A Job he was relegated to once it was discovered he placed false evidence on a crime scene.. A crime he tried to pin on Brooke. Once this was discovered...He lost his cushy Federal Job... He survived now on his Police Pension, Social Security and this job.
"Natalie, don't even joke like that...The thought skieves me out." said Brooke as we entered the prison.
Bull admired Jessica's sexy body and particularly enjoyed searching her.....

"I wish I could strip search you baby." he whispered in her ear..

She ignored him completely....

Her husband, Chip and I carried the food trays in... He inspected all three trays meticulously... We said nothing to him and he said nothing to us...

He hated Natalie, but begrudgingly admitted that she had a sexy body that he enjoyed looking at up close...
He saved Brooke for last....

"Brooke, how are you doing? You're looking great as ever this morning....Listen...When you leave I need to talk to you about something...It's on the level...I promise you." he whispered.


 ''Well when we come out..I have to go right now." Brooke said.

"Ummmmmmm making plans for a midnight rendezvous huh Brookie?" joked Natalie..

Jessica giggled like a school girl.


"He wants to ask me something when we leave...I think it has something to do with a job..." said Brooke..


"I heard he asked  old Soft Soap himself , Wilbur Patch for a job and Patch practically laughed in his face...." I said.


''After what he did...The District Attorney's Office wouldn't touch him...The Feds neither.."said Chip...



I loved their brightly lit and very sanitized visiting room...








When Mellissa was led in and unshackled....Her eyes got as wide as saucers.... "For Me?" she exclaimed, overjoyed..
"We are your new attorneys Ms.Leonard.. I am Charles Burrows from the INNOCENCE PROJECT...You can call me Chip.."
"I Am David Charles, an Attorney from the Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit of the District Attorney's Office." I said.
"I am Mr. Burrows wife, Attorney Jessica Sanchez-Burrows of the INNOCENCE PROJECT.."said Jessica.
"I am Attorney Brooke Marks from the Wrongful Conviction /Conviction Integrity Unit of the Philadelphia District Attorney's office."said Brooke.

"And Mellisa, I am Attorney Natalie Charles, also of the Wrongful Conviction /Conviction Integrity Unit of the Philadelphia District Attorney's office." said Natalie.


'Wait a minute...I KNOW YOU!!! You're Natalie...Natalie Tennison....You used to live in the 59th Street Projects didn't you?? Smart girl, Your mama always bragged about your good grades...You went to Mastermen and Girls High didn't you?/" asked Mellissa..


''That would be...I'm married now...Married to him!" Natalie said ,pointing to me..


I smiled and waved...


"Welllllllllllll , he's cute....Good for you Natalie...Good for you baby...I'm glad to see you made it out of the old neighborhood..So you're a lawyer now huh?? WOWWWW!  I know your mama and your daddy are proud of you....After Girls High, where did you go?" asked Mellissa.


"I went to Temple, I graduated and went to Georgetown in D.C. where I graduated from law school, passed the bar and lived for a few years before returning to Philly.... I just got married a few months ago."said Natalie.



"All them boys wanted to screw you and waste your time and I was so glad you managed to get out of high school without having a baby....You got yourself an education, got a good profession and married yourself a lawyer...Good for you baby girl...Good for you...My oldest just graduated from Overbrook and my second boy is about to graduate next year....They were in Foster care for awhile until my Aunt and Uncle got them...They're doing good...They write to me...They have even been to see me a few times.." said Mellissa as we ate and drank coffee..

''We are going to arrange for your sons and your Aunt and Uncle and your Mother to visit you here in a few days..."said Chip.




"I hate to bring this up...but we would like for you to sign an exhumation order...Allowing us to exhume the body of your daughter and have another doctor look at the body and determine the cause of death..It would go a long way in helping us determine the real cause of death and getting you released.." said Brooke.

"I'll sign it baby...I swear, I didn't kill my daughter...I swear I didn't." said Mellissa.
"I believe you Mellissa...I never thought you did.. Even when the media was painting you as some sort of beast....I'm just sorry I couldn't help you then....I was a Freshman at Temple I believe , when all of this happened.."said Natalie.


"I know...Baby I know." said Mellissa, softly rubbing Natalie's fingers...


II-


In Sam Mother's Diner... Former Detective, Disbarred Attorney, Arnold Stang was having lunch with an old friend... Attorney and former Assistant District Attorney Raphael Malph, now a candidate for a State Senate Seat..

He was enjoying a Corned Beef special..
"Ralph I haven't heard from you in 14 years...How ya doin?  I hear you're running for State Senate."said Arnold Stang.







Arnold Stang was enjoying an open faced hot roast beef sandwich with gravy and mashed potatoes

"It Has been awhile Arnold... " said Raphael... "You know Arnold, "Ummmmmmmmm, I've always been partial to the open faced Hot Roast Beef sandwich they serve here..I know Curley's makes a good one...but Sam Mother's tops that...What do you think?" asked Raphael Malph,


"I don't know...I haven't had Curley's. But you're right about this one...It looks and smells delicious!! I can't imagine anything topping that and this Corned Beef Special is great."said Arnold Stang..


Muching on his Corned Beef Special..

"Ummmmm, Okay, now, the Corn Beef???... The edge goes to Curley...but I've always been partial to the Roast Beef served in here. Don't take my word it...Ummmmmmmmm, yes...Well you should try both sandwiches at Curleys... and then compare...They're both very ,very good good.." said Raphael!


"So Raphael...it's been 14 years ...You didn't call me down here to discuss sandwiches...What's up?" asked Arnold Stang...

"I'm running for State Senate..I've got a good chance of winning this time...I'm slightly ahead in the polls...What I don't need is any scandal from the past giving my opponent a bump.... I read in the papers that not only did that woman, Mellissa Leonard win a stay of execution...but a new trial has been ordered for her and the INNOCENCE PROJECT has teamed up with the Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit of the D.A.'s office to retry the case..." said Raphael Malph..


"I remembered her...The woman murdered her youngest child...Yeah...I remember...I arrested her when I was working Homicide...You tried her and won a conviction as an Assistant District Attorney...Yeah, that was a lifetime ago....Since then,I went on to become Sgt., then Lieutenant and finally Captain before I graduated law school and passed the bar..Good times.."laughed Arnold Stang..

"Yeah, I seem to recall me giving you a reference with a good law firm, a great law firm when you got your license and you doing quite well for yourself financially until you decided to get greedy and attach your clients assets to yours and she sued....which resulted in you losing your  law license....What do you do now...run errands for a consulting firm???  I need your help....You used to be a pretty decent detective...I need the names and anything you can get on those attorneys involved in this case..All of them...Find out their game plan...bug their offices, tail em..Do anything you have to do...I want to put a lid on this case...Sooner, rather than later...I won't forget your help and when I win State Senate...I won't forget this......There will be a job for you in my administration...A BIG JOB!" said Raphael Malph..


"I owe you a lot Raphael... Consider it done my friend! " said Arnold Stang.


And back at Valhalla , in the women's visiting room...


Mellissa Leonard was a bit tearful...

"Thank You...Thank you guys for taking my case....Lord knows I couldn't afford decent lawyers...and now I have five...I would have never imagined this..." she said..

"I'm just glad I can help you." said Natalie...
"It was nice meeting you." I said.
"I'm going to file this brief today, to get this exhumation order rolling.." said Brooke.
"We'll be back with your family in a few days."said Jessica.
"Take Care and Be strong...We are going to clear your name and get you out of this." said Chip...

As the five of us were leaving... Bull Bailey pulled Brooke to the side...
 
"Brooke, a word?" he said.
''Yes, what is it?"she asked...


"Look, I uh see you're representing Mellissa Leonard, the woman accused of killing her 2 year old daughter.... Well I'm familliar with that case, one of my detectives, Arnold Stang worked that case, brought it in....You uh could use a good investigator on this and I could be of help...huh? How about it??Me and you working together again huh?" asked Bull.


"Nobody in the D.A.'s Office would touch you..but..I will prevent your offer to my supervisor, ADA Karen Page..."said Brooke..


"Thank You Brooke, that's all I ask..." he said as he watched us get into the car and pull off.

"So What Did Bull Bailey want? A Date?" joked Natalie as she drove us to the courthouse...
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"laughed Jessica.
'Don't egg her on Jessie."laughed Brooke.. "He actually wanted a job!" said Brooke.
"A Job?" I asked.
"He wants to be our investigator...He said one of his detectives, Arnold Stang brought the original case in..."said Brooke.

"The D.A.'s office won't touch him, especially after what he did and what he tried to do to you Brooke!
Are you going to go to Karen about him?" asked Chip.

''Don't be ridiculous...I'm not even considering it....I just humored him so he'd let me go."said Brooke.



"You know he's not going to let this go....And we have to come back up here in a few days...He'll keep bugging you about it."said Natalie.

"Yeah, maybe I'd better mention it to Karen....but I don't want him anywhere near me or this case."said Brooke.

"None of us do!" I said.
"I sure as hell don't."said Natalie.
''Neither do I."said Jessica.
''And I know I don't ..We take it to Karen, we tell her how we feel and I'm sure she'll agree with us."said Chip..."



We headed toward the Courthouse...


III-


Natalie ,Jessica, Chip and I sat in the waiting area ,waiting for Brooke to come out of court...where she was filing an exhumation brief...

"It's good we are getting this exhumation order done so quick!"said Natalie..
"Yes ,this is tantamount to our defense.. She was buried and funeralized before the first trial..No one took a good look."said Jessica.
"We'll make sure they look this time..."said Chip.

I looked at my watch...

"We've missed Dinner at our building...and everybody has started home now...You guys wanna grab something at Sam Mothers?" I said.

"Yeah, I don't mind...I'm starving.." said Jessica.
''Me too!"said Natalie...
"I'm down....Here comes Brooke! Everything go okay Brookie?" asked Chip...
"Sure did!  They put it right through...You guys hungry??Do you mind walking over to Sam Mother's tonight? I'm starving." said Brooke..

"We were just talking about that Brooke..." I said.
"Let's go... I'm going to leave my car in this parking lot... The World's Greatest Detective isn't aware I've bought a new car...So We don't have to worry about him bugging it..Let's go eat guys." said Natalie.
"Lead the way!"said Brooke..

As it turns out...It was a good night to enter Sam Mother's Diner... He was having a special.. "PASTABILITIES NIGHT" he called it..


Lots of good pasta dishes... Spaghetti and what not...Creamy Pasta salad.. We were all famished and we chowed down..
"Ummmmmmmmmmm this is delish!" exclaimed Natalie..
"Oh My God..I'm getting an order to go for my husband.."said Brooke.
"MMMMMMMMM this is so good." said Jessica.
'You aint never lied.." I said as we continued to chow down...
"I'm glad we stopped in here...uh oh, spoke too soon!


Lt. Tragg entered the diner and seeing the five of us. He couldn't help walking up to our table...

"Wellllllll look who it is...The crusaders for justice...Tell me, what old case are you guys overturning this week? I hope it's not one of mine!" he sneered..

"Ummmm, Sam should have served Breadsticks with this.." I said.
''Yeahhhh...and a bottle of wine wouldn't have hurt, but other than that...This is a perfect meal.."said Natalie..
"Yes, excuse me...I'm going to get my husband a to go carrier.."said Brooke , who excused herself and went to the counter.


Neither Jessie nor Chip looked his way, they continued eating..


''Ohhhh the silent treatment eh?" he said. No one said  a word...We finished eating...

Lt. Tragg wandered up to the counter, his usual spot... 

"I'll take the special today Sammy!" said Lt. Tragg.. He stared at Brooke...

"You're getting a to go carrier for your husband.. eh?" he asked.

''Yup!" said Brooke..



"Your husband, He's uh a Federal Public Defender eh?" asked Lt. Tragg..


"Yup" Brooke said...





One by one we paid our bills and headed for the door without a word to Lt. Tragg...


He looked a little disappointed that he wasn't able to provoke any of us into an argument or an angry tirade...



We all hopped in Natalie's car and headed home...




IV-



At our home..

Natalie and I were kissing passionately up against the wall...

"Come here...I know you've been wanting to kiss me all day.." she said.

"You know me so well baby!" I said.

"I've been wanting to kiss you too!" she said as we kissed passionately...and began to undress..

"You know, we really need to be sleeping..." said Natalie in between kisses..
"Why do your lips have to be so damn soft?  That's making we want to do anything but sleep.." I moaned  in between kisses.

"I can't help that.......you've got to control yourself..."giggled Natalie as I continued to kiss her and we both undressed each other...

She softly rubbed my penis....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OUUUUUUUUUUUUU LOOK AT YOUUUUUUU! I CAN SEE HOW YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOURSELF....UMMMMMMMMMMM!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NATALIE....I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!" I  moaned..

"I LOVE YOU TOO!!!" she said.





I helped her out of her clothes, unsnapped her bra and slipped her matching panties down...

"OH MY GODDDD THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!" I said..

"Thank you...You can thank Bridget Jones..I bought this from her store.. Beverly, Jazzy and Kayla said these would drive you wild."said Natalie..

"Remind me to buy them all a bottle for Christmas."I said.

"You are so silly."laughed  Natalie..

I humped her on the bed...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOUU DON'T REALLY WANT TO GO TO SLEEP! DO YOU?" she cooed.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I CAN'T LIE TO YOU....I WANTED YOU EVEN WHEN WE WERE IN SAM MOTHER'S DINER" I said....

"Oh I KNOW THAT!!!" she laughed...

as we  went at it....on top of the bed..

FIVE TO SIX HOURS WENT BY....before we both came and came hard. bodies trembling and shaking...


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu thank you........ouuuuuuu that was sooo good..ummmmmmm" she cooed, lying softly on top of me, with both of my arms around her butt....

"You're quite welcome..LAWD NATALIE....You just turn me on so much" I said and we both happily drifted off.

"You're welcome!" she giggled...



while next door..



"Did you enjoy the food?"whispered Brooke.
"Oh yes...I only wish I had've been there like you guys were to get it piping hot..right out of the kitchen, but this was good." said her husband, Sean..


They kissed passionately.....


He undressed Brooke slowly....



slipping her panties down....

"Ohhhhhhhhhh my goddddd!" he moaned...Brooke softly and slowly rubbed his penis with her hands and bent down and kissed the tip...This made Sean shake.....

She giggled..."You're so silly when you're horny and excited..." she laughed.. Taking him completely in her mouth and sucking the life out of him....He shook something terrible, his eyes going into the back of his head...

She was  continuing to kiss him passionately...
and gasping as he entered her slowly and began to make love to her in their bed!

FIVE TO SIX HOURS WENT BY SLOWLY!!

"OH MY GODDDDDDDDD!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SEAN!!! OUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed softly... "Don't stop...Don't stoppp, don't ever stoppppp, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my sweet sweet husband...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed as her head turned from side to side, tears flowed down the side of her face and her body trembled...She had a very intense orgasm and Sean came so hard, he thought he was dying...


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu" she moaned as Sean wrapped his arms around her waist and they both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

.
And as we all slept , Another meeting was occurring at an all night diner...

As the night wore on...


"I've got a Special Prosecutor you can fish into this investigation....if it should come to trial." said Arnold Stang...'She's good, but we'll have to use a go between to get her...Her employ can't appear to come from us..."said Arnold Stang...

"Good Good...Who is this person?" asked Raphael Malph...


"Here she is." said Arnold Stang,placing a dossier in front of Raphael...


Maureen Thomas

Graduated from Lower Merion High School

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre Law, Trial advocacy- Lasalle University, Philadelphia PA.

J.D.- Villanova School Of Law

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware, New York, Virginia, Washington, D.C.

Associate AttorneyLuken and Jerguson

Associate Attorney-Milf and Rogan

Associate Attorney- Bang & Bang

Associate Attorney- Reese & Thornton

Assistant U.S. Attorney -Southeastern District of Pennsylvania

Senior Associate Attorney - Dare and Jacobson


"MY MY MY...SHE APPEARS TO BE OVER-QUALIFIED TO TAKE ON WHOEVER THEY THROW UP AGAINST US.   GET HER!!! PULL WHATEVER STRINGS YOU HAVE TO PULL...BUT ROPE HER IN!"said Raphael Malph.


"Got'cha!" said Arnold Stang. He was pleased to be involved with this... He felt alive doing Raphael's dirty work...

(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

  1. Great Story, Loved the title, it's fitting.Stang is doing the dirty work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stang and Raphael Malph are two annoying villians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this case!

    ReplyDelete