Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Soups On You!

 


 Brooke Kennedy Marks


Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Hallahan Catholic High School for Girls.Philadelphia PA.

B,A,- Administration Of Justice/Trial Advocacy/Pre Law- Lasalle University

J.D.- Middleton School of Law, Bayside,PA.

Speaks Spanish/French and Russian fluently.

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York/ Deleware

Law Clerk for Pennsylvania's Chief Judge of Appeals, Carter Baum

Trial Attorney for U.S. Department of Justice's Anti- Trust Division, Washington D.C.

Married to Attorney Sean Marks, A Trial Attorney for The U.S. Department of Justice, Anti Trust Division. 

DIVORCED after two years. No Children.

Public Defender's Office-Philadelphia

Assistant District Attorney- Philadelphia Districts Attorney's office.

Staff Attorney, Wrongful Conviction /Conviction Integrity Unit.

MARRIED TO SEAN MARKS, Federal Public Defender



Natalie Tennison- Charles

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from The Philadelphia High School for Girls,Philadelphia PA.

B.A.- Trial Advocacy/ Pre Law/Administration of Justice - Temple University

JD-Georgetown University Law Center

Passed the Bar in Virginia/Maryland/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Deleware / New York

Associate Litigation Attorney at Akin/Gerard/ Jordan/Hester & Field

Public Defender's Office- Philadelphia

Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia

Staff Attorney, Wrongful Conviction /Conviction Integrity Unit.

MARRIED TO Attorney David Charles.


DAVID KEITH CHARLES

Born in Philadelphia Pa.

Graduated from Simon Gratz High School, Philadelphia PA.

BA-Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre-Law- Temple University.

JD- Temple University School of Law

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania/New York/Deleware/New Jersey

Speaks Spanish And French Fluently..

 Public Defender- Philadelphia PA.

Married to Attorney Natalie Tennison-Charles

Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia District Attorneys Office.

Staff Attorney -WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT/CONVICTION INTEGRITY UNIT



THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY  WILBUR PATCH- MONDAY MORNING!


"GOTDAMN IT!!!!" swore the ADA assigned to the case...These little shits are part of this office and they are handling this case...GOTDAMN IT!" he swore again looking at our dossiers...I put this dreck away 13 years ago....I put him away twice and here he is again!!! GOTDAMN IT!!!

 It's that Tanya Mosely...She had to bring it back up!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!" he swore....


"Look, you need an investigator, an inside man....I'm your guy....I brought in the original case anyway,remember??" said Bull Bailey.... "I know these guys, Especially Brooke Kennedy...I can get close to them, get you the inside information you need." he added.


"Is That your Libido talking Bailey? I know you've got the hots for Brooke Marks...It's Marks now and she's happily married to a U.S. Attorney...A Black U.S. Attorney....

You're not going to get any closer to her than I could, so stop fooling yourself. I know all about the snow job you and Fuentes tried to pull on her...I'm bettin she won't even look your way....Now how are you going to get close to her?   And the other two...Natalie and David Charles...They don't like you anyway.....They won't talk to you....


No way they will talk to you....Nah Bailey, thanks but no thanks....If I need an investigator...I'll hire a professional...You'd better get back to the prison, isn't it past your lunch hour?" he asked.


"WHYYYYYYY YOUUUU!! ALL THE FAVORS I'VE DONE FOR YOU....YOU CAN'T THROW ME A BONE?? YOU'RE A SON OF A BITCH!!!"snarled an enraged Bull Bailey..


"YES I AM....NOW GOODBYE!!!!" said ADA Wilbur Patch.


Natalie and I were enjoying a sweet kiss....
"Okay, that's enough...We've got to concentrate on the job at hand.." said Natalie..
"Okay, We are just an hour from Stanga." I said.

"Know any good places to eat?" asked Brooke.

The three of us broke into laughter...

"It's not like we spend a lot of time up here....This is only my second time here."said Natalie..
"Yeah, me too, but you know...Olivia and Beverly and Ms. Yvette and them have been up here a number of times...So has Jessie and Chip...We could've asked them." I said.

"Well maybe we can ask the towns people when we get there."said Brooke.


As our train roared towards the prison...

II-

SAM MOTHER'S DINER- SAME DAY!



Our Boss Lady, ADA Karen Page was in Sam Mother's Diner...She had been at the courthouse filing a brief in an unrelated case...She stopped in Sam Mother's Diner.. It was a quiet morning. She decided to have breakfast...




Buttermilk Biscuits and Gravy, Hash Browns and Hot Coffee..


"I never picked you for a Southern Girl Karen." said ADA Wilbur Patch, who  invited himself to her table and ordered coffee....

as his coffee arrived.
Karen sighed. "I'm Not a Southern Girl...I was born right here in Philadelphia PA.  But I think you already know that." she said.
"Oh that's right....Your many Black friends have influenced your eating habits....hahahaha." he laughed.
Karen sighed.. "No grass grows under your feet Wilbur." she said. She had always despised him..going back to when she first began working in the D.A.'s office.. He was a condescending racist and sexist pig she thought. 'was there something you wanted Wilbur? because I don't recall inviting you to my table."she said, not trying to hide her disgust of the man.

"Where are your little rugrats?" he asked..

"I don't have or know any rugrats....I do know my staff members, Attorney David Charles, his wife, Natalie Charles and Brooke Marks...If you mean them...They're working on their latest case...The retrial of Michael Frisby....I know you prosecuted him two times successfully, but the State Supreme Court and The States Attorney have said that he didn't receive a fair trial...His Attorney died as you know and my office was requested to assist him." said Karen.


"You know, I may run for District Attorney sooner rather than later and if elected...I'm going to shut your office down...Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity, hah...There is no reason to be reopening old cases at the public's expense..." he said.

"Well thank goodness you're not the D.A."said Karen....


"I came to ask you to shut this down.....I suppose there is no way this is going to happen...So just know..I'm not going to let you soft soap this through..I intend to fight this all the way just as I did the past two times...Don't think about using Judge Jetty Dukes....I know he's part of your little group.Just so you know." said Wilber Patch.

"You've delivered your message , now go away."said Karen.


"See you in court Karen.." he said tersely and got up, dropping a dollar or two on the table to pay for his coffee...


Arriving at Stanga Prison, we were greeted with a surprise..


Justin Pruitt, who we came to see was found hanging in his cell early in the morning....It was listed as a suicide...He was after all in Segregation where no one could get to him...He had very little interaction with other inmates.....
"Well, so much for a statement from him!" I said, very disapointed...
"Michael didn't believe in his reliability much anyway....We've just got to start all over again...There must be other people involved. We start there."said Natalie.
"Let's grab some Hot Dogs and get out of here...I don't want to spend a minute more here than needed."said  Brooke.

We grabbed some hot dogs and boarded the train...



"I called Sean...He'll be at the train station to meet us." said Brooke.
"Ohhh that's cool...I'm tired..."said Natalie.. She looked at me..."How bout you Hubby?" she asked.

I smiled.. "I'm okay!" I said.

We arrived in Philadelphia around 5:30 pm.  By now, it was too late for dinner...All of our friends and neighbors had eaten dinner by now and headed home.
"Heyyyyyy Vanilla."said Sean, calling Brooke by his nickname for her..
"Hey Baby." she said.
They gave each other a wet, sloppy kiss....
"Let's go to Sam Mother's Diner and then head home."said Natalie..
"Yeah, why not?" I said.
We got in the car and headed to Sam Mother's Diner...



At Sam Mother's Diner.. We all ordered Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes and Hot Coffee.



"I'm sorry. I heard your chief witness was found hanging in his cell...Foul play?" asked Sean.
"They say it was Suicide.. He was serving Life , no parole for the murder of Barry Parker..He confessed to the murder...They found the bloody bat with Beautiful Barry's brain matter and blood on it and Pruitt's fingerprints and DNA...When captured..He confessed to the murder....but made a deal...He said he was paid to kill him and he said Michael Frisby, who was the business manager paid him to commit the murder..$10.000.00 dollars. He had $7000.00 on him when he was captured and arrested, but there is no proof that Mike Frisby paid him or he didn't steal it..."said Brooke.
"His deal spared hm the death penalty.....in 2009, he recanted his testimony and bragged to his then cell mate that he lied in 2007 and implicated Frisby so that he could avoid the Death Penalty..Now he wished to recant because he didn't want to see an innocent man get lethal injection."said Natalie.
"Then when the second trial was ordered...He switched up again and said he stood by his story....As a result Frisby was convicted again and resentenced to death...He was just days away from execution when the State Supremes overturned his conviction....Pruit again said that he had lied and that he was recanting...Now....Now..he's dead.....BUT!!! He told at least two inmates that he had lied...and those two were never called to testify in the second trial....We've got to find them." I said.


"We need an investigator...We can't do all of the leg work....Karen said she was going to get Yvette's husband, Gary to be our investigator.."said Natalie..

"If she can't get him...I have one I can send your way...Just let me know."said Sean...



We looked up and ADA Wilbur Patch was standing over our table.....

"WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, look who it is...I talked to your boss this morning....I told her I wasn't going to let your office soft soap this...I plan to prosecute this to the very end. You'll get no break or quarter from me." he said.


"I'll bet you practiced that speech all day didn't you?" asked Natalie..


"I've heard about you....You've got a smart mouth missy.....That kind of smart alecky talk doesn't phase me one bit...IN OTHER WORDS, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" snarled Wilbur Patch...


"WHY DON'T YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LEAVE OUR TABLE?  NOBODY ASKED YOU OVER HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!" said Brooke, furious at the nerve of him....


Before ADA Patch could respond...


A Bowl of Hot Soup came soaring across the room , hitting him in the head with hot soup splashing all over him...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUF!" he said as he crashed to the floor.......with Hot Soup all over his suit and in his head....He was momentarilly stunned ,but otherwise alright.

We didn't see who hurled the bowl of soup, but we saw the aftermath....And we howled with laughter...as did a few others...

"Oh My God!" said Sean, looking around...
"You've never looked more delicious."said Natalie to ADA Patch, who was stunned, but was getting up off the floor..

We continued to laugh....

ADA Patch didn't find it funny at all.. He angrilly stomped out of the diner....but before he left, he turned and issued a threat...  "If I find out who among you threw that soup....I'm gonna lock you up so long, you'll forget what sunshine looks like..."Then he angrilly stormed out as a bus boy cleaned up the mess..

"Let's Go Home.."said Brooke, still laughing hysterically.
"Yeah......what a night!" I said.

We got in the car and drove home!


III-

Home At last...We expected to be home a lot later...We missed seeing and being with all of our friends today.....
But were comfortable in our home for the night...
Natalie Sat on my lap for awhile....

''What a day!! What an afternoon..." she said...

''Yeah...Tomorrow we start all over again.. We have to get an investigator to not just find those two inmates, where-ever they are but to pursue the crime scene photos and the autopsy report as well, while we study the original transcripts from the first two trials.." I said..


"You know what? I love your mind."said Natalie..



"You know what  I love about you?" I answered with a smile..


"I know what you love......Come here, give me a kiss." she said...

We kissed passionately on the couch....

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , you feel soo good." said Natalie..

"Natalie...you make me feel so....so...." I said.

"HARD!" she answered in between kisses...

"I was going to say aroused for want of a better term..." I said.

''Well that too!" she said..continuing to kiss me..



I slipped her mini dress off and slipped her panties down....

"Look at you....Such a horn dog..." she said....and laughed....

She straddled me and began to lower herself down on me, moving up and down slowly and throwing her head back....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SO DAMN BIGGGGGG, UMMMMMM AND SO HARRRRRRD!!! MY GOODNESS....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she moaned...
She was so wet, so soft and smelled so good...Her kisses were softer and slower and we were 

really rocking that sofa.....

We were soon in the missionary position on our couch really working out...

"David honey....we really shouldn't be doing this on our couch..." she said..


I lifted her up and entered her...and carried her to our bedroom...

"WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! PUT ME DOWNNNNNNN...OUUUUUUUUUUU...NOOOOOOO DON'T STOP...DON'T STOP...UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! YOU ARE ALLL UP IN THIS!!!!OUUUUUUUUUU!!" she moaned...she was having an intense orgasm! Her body was trembling....her head was turning from side to side...

and for the next SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS , we made crazy love....both of us cumming together and laughing.....


"Before you met me, how long had it been since you'd had sex.?" asked Natalie, trying to catch her breath...

"About eight months....You?" I asked.

"About a year" she said..

"WOW....We are making up for lost time..."I said...

"I'll say, whewwwwww! OH MY GODD!!! OUUUUUUUUU!" she said...


NEXT DOOR AT BROOKE AND SEAN'S HOUSE-


They too were winding down after the day we had just had...

"What a day huh ?"whispered Brooke.
"It had it's moments......when that bowl of soup came flying across the diner and hit him in the head...I thought I'd die with laughter.." said her husband, Sean..

"Me too!"laughed Brooke..


They kissed passionately..... They got up and continued kissing...

They walked to their bedroom....They started kissing by the door...

"OUUUUUU SEANNNNN LET'S GET IN THE BEDROOM...OUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"she cooed softlyl

"OH BROOKE, AWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD!" he moaned..


He undressed Brooke slowly....once in the  bedroom



slipping her panties down....


"Ohhhhhhhhhh my goddddd!" he moaned...Brooke softly and slowly rubbed his penis with her hands and bent down and kissed the tip...This made Sean shake.....

She giggled..."You're so silly when you're horny and excited..." she laughed.. Taking him completely in her mouth and sucking the life out of him....He shook something terrible, his eyes going into the back of his head...

She was  continuing to kiss him passionately...
and gasping as he entered her slowly and began to make love to her in their bed!

"OH MY GODDDDDDDDD!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SEAN!!! OUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed softly... "Don't stop...Don't stoppp, don't ever stoppppp, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my sweet sweet husband...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed as her head turned from side to side, tears flowed down the side of her face and her body trembled...

For the next  EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!


The Next Day-

We had a pleasent surprise in our cafeteria... Our good friends Olivia Bennett-Alexander , Beverly West and their team was there...

''We had a court appearence today...We saw Wilbur Patch....He's still a little salty about being pasted by us recently in a case....He had a bandage on his head...We figured we didn't want to risk eating in Sam Mother's Diner today..We wanted some peace." said Olivia.
"We heard he got beaned with a flying bowl of soup in Sam Mother's Last night."said Donnie Ray, trying not to laugh...
"I'm just glad I didn't see it..He'd really hate me.."said Beverly...


" Beverly girl...We were there..He stood over our table and argued with us about a recent case the same way Lt. Tragg does...Me and Brooke were cussing his ass out when the bowl of soup came flying across the room and boom, beaned him in the head...Soup flying everywhere....He fell down..."said Natalie.


Nelson spit his drink out,laughing hysterically...


Josie and her husband Paris were kissing passionately...but they stopped kissing and started laughing...


So did Bresha and Tony 
"It was hilarious.."I said.
"We fell out..."laughed Natalie.
"It was something...Surprisingly enough, Lt. Tragg wasn't there..Thank Goodness."said Brooke.
"It was just Bananas." said Sean.

"I Imagine it was... We got a court appearence tomorrow...I hope I don't run into Patch....He hates me from way back...."said Yvette.
"First Lt. Tragg, Now Patch....I'm tired of these guys.."  said Keith Jones.
"I am too! "said Bee Bee..
"I'd of paid money to see a bowl of soup fly across the diner and smash him in the head!" laughed Sofia.
"I wonder if Lt. Tragg is investigating.."said Kahlil..
Jade cracked up laughing...

Virginia was holding her, she was laughing so hard.

"I'm so glad for this place...." said Jazzy...
"Protection from the crazies..."said Dabnis.. "I know they hate me." said Dabnis.
"Lt. Tragg hates my guts." said Kayla..."And I don't care.."she added.
"Dabnis and I have mopped the floor up with him...I imagine he's not a fan of me either...but he won't ever hit me again."said Ray.
"I'm thinking about U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums and all of the times those two have fought..."said Jessica.
"It shouldn't have to be like this...Tragg, Bull Bailey and now Wilbur Patch are just angry, bitter pathetic men.."said Chip....

"Hey Guys..... We won a motion in court today....Jetty will be the sitting Judge..."said Karen, who was just coming in...
"Yeah Patch didn't have a leg to stand on...We don't live on the same street and the fact that I'm married to a friend of yours has no bearing on anything..And I can't help if I'm in the same bar you guys might be in.. He was fit to be tied... The stitches in his head almost popped out." said Jetty..

This was met by loud laughter...
"I'll be your investigator...So I'll get some food and we'll go back to your office and determine...What needs to be found out."said Gary, who leaned over and kissed his wife Yvette.


"Heyyyy Sweet and Sexy!" he said...


Yvette giggled. "Hiiiiiiiiii baby!" she said.

''Well we can get to work.."I said.
"I've got the case files in my office."said Natalie..
"We'll meet in your office after we leave here." said Brooke.

IV-
Most Days we worked upstairs...Ms. Yvette was gracious enough to allow us to use her law library/conference room to do our research...On laws for capital cases like this, study previous trial transcript, research laws pertaining to this case, past and present.. look up predicates and study the prosecution...question they posed, what he objected to..counter arguments and the like.
"You guys know you are always welcome to use our facilities."said Ms. Yvette.
"Thank you so much." I said.
"Thank you so much Yvette." said Natalie.
"Yvette, you are an angel."said Brooke.

They had lost the first of only two courtroom losses to this team in a highly competitive trial...but since then, just like Olivia and Beverly, They had had nothing but love and respect for these attorneys... They liked that they now worked side by side with these attorneys and not against them.
"And to think, we started out as adversaries...Who imagined we'd be working side by side one day?" said Bee Bee..
''And Breaking bread and shoe shopping."said Sofia..

We all laughed.
We were in the same room with Bee Bee and Sofia , who were researching the trial they were involved in.... Ms. Virginia, a former attorney came in and helped both teams, read and proof read briefs and writs and gave us all sage advice...She was a gem to have around..
I worked with Keith and Kahlil in their media room, doing breakdowns on possible jurors, reading profiles and attempting to pick the jurors we needed for this case.
"You guys and Olivia and Beverly mirror each other, you all prepare the same way." I said.
"That's why we always win."laughed Keith Jones..
"Both groups are headed by two great attorneys." said Kahlil.

Jade and Ms. Yvette did double duty...Helping out their guys with the trial they were preparing for and helping us out too..

On other nights...The three of us, Brooke, Natalie and I had dinner with Olivia and her team....Donnie Ray, Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Paris, Bresha ,Tony, Ms. Alfreda and Rockland...

We sat in their kitchen and enjoyed a hot and delicious meal.
"We so love having you guys with us."said Alfreda. She and Olivia and Donnie Ray loved cooking and entertaining.
"You can use our law library and Media Room...Just lock up and turn the lights out when you guys leave..."said Olivia.
"I was reading about your case in the paper...I know you guys are going to be successful." said Donnie Ray.
"After the battle you gave us...Wilber Patch doesn't stand a chance.."said Beverly...


Neither Brooke nor Natalie liked to think of those four trials, three hung juries and one acquittal for Olivia and Beverly... This group had been nothing but nice to them since then and both girls loved them to death......




"If we can, we may drop by to see you guys work." said Nelson.


"Good Luck guys."said Josie.

"Yeah, Good Luck!" said Paris...
"I like what you guys are doing, Getting wrongfully convicted people out of prison."said Bresha.
"Yeah, me too!"said Tony.


"You guys do a great job, righting the wrongs of our system, giving people faith in the process."said Rockland to us.

After Dinner , We were allowed to use their massive law library..


and their Media room as well...
We rarely stayed past 9:00 PM...

Sean would pull up in the car to pick us up and drive us home.. 7 Blocks away...




We were too exhausted to have sex most nights....

Natalie would lie on top of me....with my arms wrapped around her and a soft warm breeze blowing through the window.....

We were too exhausted to even talk....We just lie on top of each other and drifted off into a nice quiet sleep.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


4 comments:

  1. That Ending was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appropriate Title "Soups On You" LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you come up with these elements of your stories?? A Bowl Of Soup flying across the diner?? You are something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title certainly fits....LOL!

    ReplyDelete