Thursday, May 18, 2023

Be Careful What You Wish For

DISTRICT COURT- TWO DAYS LATER! 

Karen, Judge Jetty Dukes, Myself, my wife, Natalie and Brooke were in District Court today!

Assistant District Attorney Wilbur Patch was again appealing the decision to allow Judge William Jefferson "Jetty" Dukes  the right to sit in Judgement of our case.. He whined about their being a conflict of interest....That Judge Jetty Dukes drank and ate with us off the clock....

"I don't believe we are back here....I thought this was settled."said an Angry ADA Karen Page.
"I hear ole Patch has been whining and crying to anybody who'll listen...that he got a bum deal." said Jetty Dukes.
''So he appeals the original motion....This ought to make him real popular with that District Court Judge." I said.
"I heard they all hate him, they say he's a whining crybaby and a pain in the ass."said my wife, Natalie.
''Well there's the proof look at hm."said Brooke, who glared at ADA Wilbur Patch angrilly.

Wilbur Patch stood before District Judge Harry White like a wounded animal..
He produced photos of all of us..Eating and Drinking together in Curley's Bar..and the 
No I.D. Bar and
Josie's Bar and Grill and 
A Sports Bar in Bayside...
He stated that Jetty Dukes and his wife lived across the street from Olivia Bennett-Alexander, her husband, Donnie Ray, Her niece, Beverly , her husband Nelson.....which they did and just doors from her two attorneys...Josie Boyd and her husband, Paris. and Bresha Billips and her husband Tony..and next door to their Office Manager, Alfreda and her husband, ADA Rockland Cambridge, which they did.



















He pointed out that Jetty Dukes lived 7 Blocks from us......and was married to Virginia Shaw



Office Manager for Yvette Jones-Lockwood of McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt









Who along with Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband Charles "Chip" Burrows were not only his neighbors and social associates...but they like Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West and their group frequently worked together on cases he oversaw.

This wasn't accurate... He oversaw only a small amount of cases we worked on...


"He clearly lives too close to too many attorneys, he has sat in court with and this is definitely a conflict of interest." whined Wilber Patch...

"First of all, my three attorneys live SEVEN BLOCKS AWAY FROM JUDGE DUKES! SEVEN BLOCKS AWAY!!  None of those other attorneys he named have anything to do with THIS CASE.... Yes.. I have hired those attorneys from time and time to work with my group on certain cases....but not this time...Anybody can be in the same social establishment at the same time... Judge Dukes has only chaired about 30 percent of my close to 400 cases and in those cases he has acted with the strictest professionalism, going by the law and showing no favoritism to any side."argued Karen




as I stood with Natalie and Brooke and we glared at the whining baby, ADA Wilbur Patch...


"You make a compelling argument Ms. Page...buttttt he does live very close to a lot of you attorneys and he does socialize with you all...In the spirit of fairness , I'm going to rule that he sit this one out...and a new judge be appointed.." said District Judge White..


Wilbur Patch smiled... He had won his appeal...

I told you I'm not going to let you soft soap this case...I intend to fight you tooth and nail..to the very end....Michael Frisby is going back on death row and he's going to receive an even speedier execution."he said.

"You're talking about a man's life here.."said Karen...
"He doesn't care....As Long as he wins this case..You think I'm biased Patch? You'd better not ever try a case in my court....I'll stick it to you every chance I get.."said Jetty...
"Hey Hubby what would you like for lunch today?" asked Natalie..
"I think I'd like Chicken Vegatable Soup.." I said..  That was the soup that was in the bowl that hit him in Sam Mother's Diner....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU TWO ARE BAD!" laughed Brooke...



Wilbur Patch was as thin skinned as Lt. Tragg, he hated being the butt of any joke or being the laughing stock... 


He angrilly stormed out of the courtroom..

At the Men's Prison...
William "Bull" Bailey was attending to his regular duties as  the person who checked in visitors when he saw a familiar face.

"Artie, what brings you up here today? I'm used to seeing lawyers." He laughed..

"Bull....A word."said Lt. Tragg.

''Sure ,What's up Artie?" asked Bull Bailey.
"That was you...You who through that bowl of soup at Wilbur Patch in Sam Mother's a few nights ago...I caught you on the film footage from the diner...Patch had to get five stitches...I could bust you for felonious assault Bull....and I don't wanna do that...I know you've had a rough time, losing your cushy federal job...living off your pension and social security and this job...If you went to prison, you'd lose it all...So I'm gonna lose that film footage and give you a warning...Watch it!  If there is a next time I'm not going to have a choice...."said Lt. Tragg.
"Thank You Artie!!! I owe ya." said Bull Bailey...



''Don't Mention it...My Dad and My Uncle Jack always spoke highly of you.."said Lt. Tragg.




II-


We went back to our building...


THE OFFICE OF MRS. BROOK MARKS-

Brooke and Natalie went back to Brooke's Office....We were putting our heads together on trial strategy.

"Look, our whole argument, the one we've got to drive home is that there is absolute no forensic evidence , fingerprints, DNA or otherwise tying our client to this murder....Jason Pruitt's fingerprints and sweaty DNA was on the baseball bat, along with Parker's blood and brain matter and when caught...He confessed... Jason Pruit is our murderer.." said Brooke.
"There is no money trail leading to any payoff from Mikey either..... Although...it would have been nice if Mikey had had an actual bank account...with which we could compare... He cashed his checks through a check cashing place...and he kept his money in a bag under his bed at his mother's house...but remember...when Pruit was caught , he had $7000.00 dollars on him...."said Natalie..
I had been downstairs at the food trucks. I was coming in on the tail end of their conversation.
"Look....Jason Pruitt saw a way out....Somebody ,maybe even Patch said, "Give me the person who hired you and you'll save yourself from the Death Penalty....Unfortunately...with him being dead, we can't ask him..."I said.


I brought me and the girls....Nice warm Bagels, fresh out of the oven and hot coffee...

"AWWWWWWWWW how sweet, he brought us bagels and coffee...Thank youuuuuuuuu." said Brooke.

"That's my sweetums."said Natalie, proudly...


She gave me a nice slow, soft kiss.....


"So our argument is that Jason Pruitt killed Beautiful Barry for his own reasons...We don't even have to establish the reasons...and that he only implicated Mikey to save himself from the Death Penalty." said Brooke.


Yvette's husband, Gary Lockwood, a onetime Lieutenant in Robbery-Homicide and Internal Affairs and now an Investigator for the D.A.'s Office..walked in.....

"Good Morning guys....I located the two cellies of Jason Pruitt....They have since been released from prison and live and work right here in Philadelphia.. I have a video recorded affidavit in which they both said that Jason admitted to them that he lied...that Micheal Frisby had nothing to do with Barry's death and that he bashed his head in because he was going to fire him for stealing...He rifled the safe, for money to feed his drug habit....He told them both at different times and at different prisons that his then lawyer, Jay Everette Simple told him to offer the prosecution someone who hired him in order to avoid the death penalty....only he didn't know that Michael Frisby, who he got along with was going to get the death penalty....He felt very guilty about that... They both are willing to testify to that....And neither of them know or did time with Mike Frisby." said Gary.


"I don't suppose we could talk to Pruitt's Attorney could we?" I asked.


"He'll never admit to that...That could get him disbarred."said Natalie.

"Something he'll never have to worry about...He's Dead!! He died in 2020. I looked into him too!
I talked to Mrs. Frisby...She told me to tell you hello Natalie and to come visit sometimes...She said her son kept his pay in a bag underneath his bed...She always begged him to start a bank account...So She started one for him after he was arrested... $7500.00 dollars...It's still in the bank...and by now it's probably increased with interest...She said he never had $10.000.00 to pay anyone...and that Jason Pruitt was a liar." said Gary.


"WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...You are thorough...." said Brooke.



A Bouquet of Roses were delivered to Brooke just then...

Natalie grabbed a vase half filled it with water....

"Ouuuuuuuu these are beautiful....Tell Sean, I said , Nice tastes..." she said.

"They're not from Sean....They're from William "Bull" Bailey...."sighed Brooke..


"Ouuuuuuuuuu, he still wants to get in your panties...." said Natalie...


"That's never going to happen.." said Brooke... "David, give these to Tony...Tell him to give them to Bresha." said Brooke.


"Awwwwwww keep em Brooke...They look nice..just throw the letter away..."I said.


"Yeah!" said Natalie, giggling..


"You're enjoying this too much..."said Brooke.


"It's Thursday.....Your preliminary hearing is Tuesday of next week...You guys seem like you're ready..
It's couples night...Join us at Curley's tonight."said Gary,,,

"We'll be there."said Natalie..
"Yeah, I can use a cold one." I said.
"Me too!" said Brooke.


III-


CURLEY'S BAR- COUPLES NIGHT




The Drinks were flowing... Two free drinks of choice for each couple that orders two drinks...
They had Fried Shrimps and Fried Chicken out tonight.... All of us were at seperate little tables with our significant others...
"OHHHHHHHHH DAVID....OUUUUUUUU!" moaned Natalie...
"Girrrrrrl your lips are softer than ever.." I said,.
We were kissing like it was going out of style...
"I missed you today.."said Brooke to her husband, Sean..
"I missed you too Vanilla.."whispered Sean...
as they kissed...

Jazzy and Dabnis were sitting across from us..
"You still wanna put it in me?" she whispered in Dabnis's ear..
"You know I always do.." he whispered in her ear..
As they began to kiss passionately...
"Ummmmmmm Ray, you are definitely getting some Boo Boo tonight."said Kayla...
"That's what I live for baby..."said Ray..
As they enjoyed a sweet kiss
'Aye Mios Dios..You are making me so hot papi." cooed Jessica...
"Must be and Afro Disiac in these drinks.."said her husband, Chip...
As they kissed...
Virginia was sitting on her husband's lap..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu Damn Jetty...You can't touch me without getting hard...Ouuuuuuuuuu." she moaned..
"Come here girl." he moaned..
And like everybody else, they were kissing..


Even Alfreda and Rockland were at a table in the corner kissing...

"Those Roses you gave me were beautiful Tony and they were Yellow too...My Favorite color...You are soooo romantc!" said Bresha..


Who had brought the roses and the vase in the bar and had it at their table.
"Well Ah heh heh heh, what can I say?" said Tony.   Brooke had given him the roses anyway and told him to give them to Bresha.
They kissed passionately....


Josie and Paris weren't talking, just kissing...


As was Beverly and Nelson..


Olivia and Donnie Ray...


Yvette and Gary


And Jade and Danny Ho...

Couples that weren't showing any P.D.A and who were sitting at a round table was Keith Jones and his wife, Bee Bee Evans and Sofia Garcia -Ahmed and her husband, Kahlil..

"Some bedsprings are going to be squeaking tonight...Look at everybody..."said Keith Jones..
"Must be something in these drinks."laughed Bee Bee..

"Must be" said Keith Jones as he leaned over and kissed Beatrice...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOT STUFF!" moaned Bee Bee.

"Nahhh, we've all been working hard and we are all just relaxing ...This is our first night out together in two weeks."said Sofia.
"Yeah, not counting brunch..." said Kahlil.


Sofia was already sitting on Kahlil's lap...She leaned over and kissed him passionately...


"Ohhhhhhh Lem.."said Zoey, who was sitting at a table close to them..
"AWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWD ZOEY!" moaned Lem..

As she gave him a soul kiss..


But everybody wasn't happy tonight... Lt. Tragg and Bull Bailey sat at a table staring at all of us and complaining bitterly...


"Look at em....They've taken over my bar...This used to be a cop bar...a white cop's bar...now look...They're all in here, sucking face....They've turned this bar into a damn orgy..." complained Lt. Tragg, who surprisingly was not hassling anybody tonight..


Bull Bailey was looking at what he believed was the roses he gave Brooke...on the table with Bresha and Tony.




"I love you Chocolate Daddy!" said Brooke to Sean..
"I love you Vanilla.." he whispered to her
as they continued to kiss.


"I CAN'T STAND IT!!! I CAN'T STAND IT...SEEEING BROOKE KISSING THAT GUY!!! I DON'T KNOW HIM...I SUPPOSE HE'S A NICE ENOUGH FELLA...BUT I CAN'T STAND HIM KISSING BROOKE!!!" said an angry Bull Bailey..shaking...


"BULL.... BULL GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF!!! SHE'S A YOUNG GIRL....YOU'RE OLD ENOUGH TO BE HER FATHER, WHAT WOULD SHE WANT WITH YOU?" said Lt. Tragg..

"OH YEAH ARTIE??,WELL WHAT WOULD SHE WANT WITH YOU?  YOU GOOFED UP A NUMBER OF HER CASES...SHE WAS UNDEFEATED UNTIL SHE TOOK ON YOUR CASES....
WHAT WOULD SHE WANT WITH YOU?? YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU GOT A CHEAP FEEL ,SHE'D BE INTERESTED IN A MIDDLE AGE JUVENILE LIKE YOU EH?" screamed Bull Bailey...

Their loud argument had now caught everyone's attention and destroyed the romantic mood.

"Wow! Instead of hassling us...Our Boys are yelling at each other!" I said.

"It's because of Brooke...Both of them wanted to get in her panties...really bad....You weren't there to see it like I was.. Lt. Tragg had his hands up her skirt...feeling her legs, begging her to go out to dinner and drinks with him, calling her up late at night ,waking her up, asking her what she was wearing...Sending her flowers.... And Bull Bailey was sending her flowers...sending her love notes...All of this and Jumpshot Jim was openly making a play for her.."said Natalie.


"WOW! Brooke was really the hot tamale eh?" laughed David..

"The only one not after her was YOU!"said Natalie..

"That's because I was after you..." I said laughing...

''Wellllll, you got me.GOOD CHOICE!"said Natalie,laughing and sitting in my lap... "Give me a kiss." she asked me..

We kissed some more.....
1:00 AM- We usually stayed until after closing, but we figured we'd better not tempt fate..We had had a wonderful night with no one getting into an argument or confrontation with either Lt. Tragg or Bull Bailey, both of whom were here tonight...

Olivia had the buses come early and we all filed out and piled on to the buses which took us home..

Bull Bailey and Lt. Tragg were still yelling as we left...
"SHE APPRECIATED MY PROFESSIONALISM...SHE AND I MADE CASES....YOU CAUSED HER TO LOSE CASES...SHE THOUGHT OF YOU AS A GOOF, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE DEPARTMENT!" yelled Bull Bailey...

"YEAH?" yelled Lt. Tragg ,totally livid..


"YEAH!" said Bull Bailey....

While those two shouted at each other... Brooke and Sean were home....She was making love with the guy who really mattered, her husband, Sean..
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HUSBAND!" she moaned...as he opened her blouse and unzippered her skirt..
"OHHH VANILLA, YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZZZZZYYY!" said Sean....
They were kissing passionately right outside their bedroom......
"I'm glad we came home early...." said Sean..

"Oh I am too! OUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned...
He slipped her panties down...
She straddled him and eased herself down on Sean..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD SEAN...OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she gasped...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BROOKIE....WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?" he moaned...

As she rode him slowly and softly...driving him crazy...
They made sweet crazy love....

"You made a good choice..."said Natalie..
"I think so." I laughed...

I slipped her panties down..

"Lawd girl....you drive me crazy..." I said...

"Do I?" she laughed...
We retreated to the bedroom immediately......Making sweet love for the next few hours......


Natalie rested on top of me as she usually did after good lovemaking...I cupped her buttocks and squeezed them a little bit...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." I said.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby"she said.  "I wonder who the judge will be tomorrow in the pre-preliminary hearing..?" she asked.

"Probably some asshole Patch will like." I said.

She smiled and drifted off into a peaceful sleep... I ran my hands through her hair and just looked at her, so beautiful...



IV-


COURTROOM A- Pre Preliminary Hearing!

We were back in court this morning to meet the person who would be judge to our case...

Assistant District Attorney Wilbur Patch looked confident...  Like us, we were waiting for the new judge to appear.. He smirked at Karen...

"I told you I wasn't going to "Soft soap" this... I plan on fighting you tooth and nail to the bitter end...." he said.
"You Know, You sound like a Broken Record Wilbur..."said Karen....
My thoughts weren't on the case at large, but on Natalie...I was holding her and whispering in her ears...
"You are extra hot today Mrs. Charles."I said.
She giggled...  "Thank You Mr. Charles... Keep your mind on the case and not so much on me.." she giggled.

''Here comes the Judge..and look who it is!" said Brooke.


Judge Elise Clemmons, the super liberal , so called activist judge would be overseeing our case..She was Wilbur Patch's greatest nightmare...


"NO..NO...NOOOOOOOO!! NOT HER!!! IT CAN'T BE!!" he scoffed in disbelief....

"She's a good Judge, has impeccable credentials, She doesn't socialize with my attorneys, doesn't live on their block...You've got no excuses...."said Karen Laughing...


"Attorneys ,I just wanted a chance to meet you all...I am Judge Elise Clemmons. I will be presiding over this case. It's Friday...We will be meeting Tuesday to begin the Preliminary hearing for this case...You will report here at 10:00 AM, Attorneys please be on time and be ready for trial. That is all, I will hear opening arguments Tuesday Morning...Have a good weekend!" she said.


"Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooo...I don't believe this!"said Wilbur Patch..

"I can't believe he is such a whiny baby." said Natalie..
"That's going around....Did you hear Lt. Tragg and Bull Bailey last night arguing about me, like I couldn't hear them from where I was sitting WITH MY HUSBAND... and truth be told, I never wanted either of them...I gave Jumpshot Jim a little consideration, but Bull Bailey and Arthur Tragg? They weren't even on my radar!! Ewwwww!" said Brooke.

"Well I'm glad you cleared that up." I laughed....

"Natalie, Can I give your husband, a noogie?" laughed Brooke.
''Sure go ahead." laughed Natalie.
''Wilbur whined and complained about Jetty...Now he's got Elise, who he despises and who despises him.  He can't appeal again and even if he does....He has no grounds...Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for."said Karen, laughing...


(CONCLUSION NEXT)




4 comments:

  1. Indeed! Be Careful What You Wish For! Good Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this story...The sight of Lt. Tragg and Bull Bailey arguing over Brooke was hillarious. At least there was no fight or Lt. Tragg being carted off to jail..That was different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patch got just what he deserved...He might have fared better with Jetty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties

    ReplyDelete