Tuesday, May 23, 2023

An End Run


 Attorney Robert Connor had never been in or to the "Fishbowl", the nickname the detectives gave to the interrogation room....He wasn't a criminal defense attorney....He was a litigator...He took part in negotiations and at best civil litigation in court...



He needed a hot shower...He smelled like hell..Someone had poured a bottle of Brandy all over him...and he had had the same clothes he wore yesterday on...He was Hungry and Thirsty... Plus this room smelled like hell, a combonation of human sweat, bad breath....rotting food and sweaty socks...The smell was deafening.. He felt like a common criminal.


Lt. Tragg walked in....He had on a fresh suit....every hair in place, every fingernail perfectly manicured..a very expensive suit, shiny shoes..the works.. He looked well rested..



He tossed case files on the table for dramatic effect and then peered at him..



"You're in a lot of trouble pally....You really must have hated that guy...You emptied a whole clip into him...in the shower, while he was nude..no defense.. Don't give me that story about he called you and you rushed there.... He was dead long before you say he called you....So what happened? You two get in a fight? was it over a broad??  a guy?? What? because we got you cold..That gun in your hand passed ballistics....It's the murder weapon. What happened?" asked Lt. Tragg.

Robert Connor didn't say a word.. He took a deep breath and just sat quietly...


"The Silent Treatment Eh?  I'll bet you're hungry...Bet you'd like something to drink... I can make that happen for you...Just write a confession, I know you want to get this off of your chest..Just tell me what happened.. You're a lawyer, a big time lawyer...no priors...You won't get the death penalty...you might not even get life...Just write down what happened..." said Lt. Tragg..

Bob Connor looked at Lt. Tragg and just took another deep breath...He didn't say a word...


"Mr. Connor, we got here as soon as we could."said Ms. Yvette.

"Good Morning Mr. Connor, or I should say good afternoon." I said.

"Good Morning Mr. Connor."said Kahlil.

"OHHHHH OF COURSE...HE'S ONE OF YOUR BOSSES... McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt, you're Connor eh?  Ohhhhhhhhh that explains why they're here.. By the way...where is the female contingent?" asked Lt. Tragg.


"I would normally ask if we could have the room, but this place smells like hell..I don't want to be in here with the door closed... Mr. Connor, you sit tight...We'll have you out in no time... Bee Bee and Sofia are looking up a judge and Jade is trying to find charactor witnesses.." said Yvette.

"Excellent...I knew I could count on you Yvette..."said Bob Connor.

"You'll be arraigned in Night Court...I'm sorry, it's the best I could do on such short notice...but I know you want to get out of here today!!!" said Yvette.



"Yvette that is fine!" said Bob Connor.

NIGHT COURT-

In Philadelphia, Night Court only operates two nights a week....Tuesday and Thursday, Tonight was Thursday...and fortunately...we got an arraignment date of 8:00 pm. 


The Judge in this case would not be the Judge in the actual case....


The ADA that did show up was not going to be the ADA that tried the case...He had only the basic out line of the case at hand... He basically wanted to go home...So he didn't really put up much of a fight.

Yvette stood with Robert Connor, who was totally humiliated.. He had never been in Night Court before..Had never heard of it and had never in his life been a criminal defendent, accused of a crime..
This was a truly humbling experience for him.. 

He reeked of perspiration and  Brandy.... He had now been in the same clothes for two days straight.. He truly hated the situation he found himself in..



We found a Judge for his actual trial...Judge Julie Wong...A Fair and decent judge.
Jade could only find five charactor witnesses to vouch for Robert Connor's charactor and only four showed up.



His Having no priors and him being a much respected and White male Attorney at a reputable firm helped him immensely...He was released on his own recognizance..without bail..

Lt. Tragg was not there... Night court was too low profile for him...No witnesses...No media..and a bunch of  Judges  and ADA's who were mostly older Judges and ADA's about to retire...It was lightweight. It was in session from 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays...We were quite fortunate to get a date.

Out in the courtroom waiting area... Robert Connor was contrite and very grateful..
"Yvette, Keith, Beatrice, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade...Thank you....Thank you sooo much...This was the worst experience of my life..." he said.
"We are going to get you out of this...but I must tell you the deck is stacked against you."said Ms. Yvette.
"If you were framed...It's a neat frame...The Gun found in your hands was hot, meaning it had been recently fired and empty and it's a ballistics match." I said.
''Well we can discuss this later, I imagine you need some food and some hot coffee and you need to go home and get a hot shower and some sleep."said Bee Bee.
"Yeah come on....Sam Mother's is still open...Let's walk over there."said Sofia.
"Well Jade , I imagine you've got your work cut out for you."said Kahlil.

"I sure do." said Jade.

We exited the courthouse and headed for Sam Mother's Diner.



II-


SAM MOTHER'S DINER- 9:00 PM

It had been a long time since we'd been in Sam Mother's Diner this late... It closed at 11:00 pm. There were only a few customers in here...








Mr. Connor had a verocious appetite... He had a New York Strop Steak with Eggs...Hash Browns, Toast with Jam, Orange Juice and hot coffee....

"Let's get some Coffee and Coffee Cakes." I said.
"Yeah that's a good idea." said Bee Bee.
"I wish they sold Churros.. Coffee please."said Sofia to the waitress...
"Coffee please...This is nice...Sam isn't even here...but the best thing is...Lt. Tragg isn't here."said Kahlil.
"We should arraign more clients in Night Court." said Jade, which brought laughter from everyone except Mr. Connor... I don't think he heard us..


We sat and drank coffee and ate coffee buns ,while he ate...


Ms. Yvette only ordered coffee....

"Yvette, I didn't do this....Really...You know me well enough to know that I'm not violent." said Bob Connor as he ate his food... "I didn't like Frederick Glover.. In fact I despised him... I was the only partner that didn't vote to make him a Managing Partner...We voted unanimously for you, you should know. I didn't like him and after Glover and his team goofed up that negotiation and lost us that client..
I wanted to terminate him....I did...but I didn't kill him...I swear...I didn't kill him.....He called me and asked me to come to his condo...said he had something to show me..." said Bob Connor.
"Mr. Connor...Mr. Connor. Not now.. You know where our office is.. You go home, take a hot shower, get some sleep and you stop by my office in the morning and we'll discuss the whole case... You didn't say anything to Lt. Tragg did you?" asked Yvette.
"Not a word...I'm an Attorney Yvette...I know my right to remain silent." he said and smiled.  "I'm not about to make your job any more difficult than it already is." he said.  "I'm going home...I'll see you in the morning."he said. "Thank you all." he said.

He called an Uber...We waited until he was in and gone...


The six of us caught the late train and headed home.. It had been a long day....We missed riding home with our friends... It was just the six of us ,like it used to be...


It was night time...We were finally home...
"Shame we are salaried and don't get paid overtime."I laughed as I took Bee  Bee in my arms..
"Ouuuuuuuu now Hot stuff, where did we leave off?" she said..
We began kissing passionately , the same way we had been in the office.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU..A FEW MORE MINUTES IN THE OFFICE AND YOU WOULD HAVE HAD MY BRA OFF AND LORD KNOWS WHAT WE WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING!" said Bee Bee, always practical and proper..

"WELL, WE ARE AT HOME NOW...IS YOUR PHONE ON THE CHARGER?" I ASKED...

"YES...RIGHT NEXT TO YOURS AND OFF!" she whispered in between more , hot sweaty kisses..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOD!" I moaned...

I slipped her panties down...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ARE THESE NEW?" I asked.

"NOT REALLY, I BOUGHT THESE A FEW MONTHS AGO!" she said...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." she moaned...

"Oh My Goddd...Ohh My God..." I moaned....in between sweet, soft kisses....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmm.....Oh My Goddd...Ohh My God....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawd gurrlllllllllllll.."I found myself yelling..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh mah god...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she moaned..

We were both breathing heavily...

 I thrusted my tongue practically down her throat and while squeezing one breast with my hand...and licking on the other one with my mouth"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" she screamed as I continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.....

We began making sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS. It was always a joy making love to Bee Bee.
"Ummmmmm PAPI...Where did we leave off from the office?" asked Sofia.
"You mean before we were summoned on to this case? Right here...Right here Mamasita."said Kahlil as they began kissing.
and kissing passionately....

Kahlil slipped her panties down...
Placed Sofia on the dresser drawer , spread her legs and entered her slowly......

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SUGAR PAPI....OUUUUUUUUUUU!" cooed Sofia 

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWD!!! SOFIAAAAA!!! OUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned Kahlil..

within minutes they were in the bed, the bedsprings were squeaking and the headboard was rattling..
Sofia and Kahlil were making sweet love .......Tears streaming down Sofia's face, her head turning from side to side... Perspiration nearly blinding Kahlil, who found he could not stop...

At least not for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!


"I knew you'd be waiting up for me.."laughed Ms. Yvette as she came through the door.
"Quarter to ten isn't that late....."laughed her husband, Gary..
He passed her a hot steaming cup of the orange organic tea she liked..

"Ummmmmmm thank youuuuu..." said Yvette as she sipped her tea.. She then walked upstairs towards their bedroom..

"Coming?" she asked.

"I'd like to be cumming eventually." said Gary...

Yvette laughed...."You are so nasty, come on boy and get some of this sugar....


"YES MAM!!" said Gary ,racing up the stairs...

Ms. Yvette met him at the top of the stairs with a sweet kiss....
Inside their bedroom...
Gary unhooked her bra...
and slipped her panties down...
Gary lifted her and entered her , thrusting mightily...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD OUUUUUU BABY!...OUUUUU! YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS..OUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" she screamed.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD ...OUUUUU!  ayyyee, aye yi yiiiiii" she screamed.

They sat on the side of the bed, kissing passionately as Yvette moved up and down on Gary....driving him insane...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" Gary moaned... as the bed began to rock and the headboard shook something fierce...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of sweet sweet lovemaking SLOWLY DRIFTED BY!!


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lover...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this is soooooooo
nice...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..YOU LIKE IT DADDY?" Yvette cooed softly..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" moaned  Gary... as he came again like a gusher..

Needless to say at the homes of Jade and Virginia.. Bedsprings were definitely squeaking and Headboards were rattling.
"OUUUUUUU I MISSED YOU SOOOOO MUCH!"said Jade..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! UMMMMMMMMMMM"moaned Jade...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW JADEEEEEEEEEEEE!" moaned Danny...


"AWWWW JADE I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME!! OUUUUUUU!"moaned Danny.





He eased her panties down

and took her to bed......
"OHHHHHHHHHHHH BIG DADDY!!! UMMMMMMMMM!" moaned Virginia..
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME THAT...UMMMMMMM!" moaned Jetty.
"And I love the way you make love to me..."moaned Virginia...

It was that type of night for some of us..




III-

A Nice Beautiful Friday Morning..
We were all up and in our building for breakfast...

At our ultra modern cafeteria....


Bob Connor had been here a few times when the construction of our suite began, but hadn't been here since we had moved in...He felt bad about that...  He was quite impressed by the cafeteria and the entire building by the way...

He had gone home after he ate and took a nice hot shower and shave and had slept a good EIGHT HOURS. 

He had on a new suit. He looked completely refreshed.
"Glad to see you up and looking like you're amongst the living." said Yvette..





Me, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade and Virginia sat with him...

Jessica and Chip had been up to our old office, they knew Bob Connor was one of the Name Partners...





Jazzy, Dabnis, Kayla ,Ray,Paris and Tony didn't know who he was, but they knew by his demeanor that he was our client and he was someone very important.
Bob Connor looked around...He actually recognized ADA Karen Page...He knew her..She had interviewed for a job at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt years ago...

He didn't recognize the other lawyers with her...Brooke Marks, her husband, Sean Marks, who ate with us..but didn't work in our building.., Natalie and David Charles...our other friends...






"You have quite a few good attorneys here in this building...That's uh very nice." he said.


"Yvette, this is a frame... I'm telling you he called me...The call is registered here on my phone, look!"
said Bob Connor, 

Showing Yvette his phone...

"I see that there is clearly a call on your phone from Frederick Glover or someone masquerading as him...See, the time this phone called was made...according to the M.E.'s office, Frederick Glover was already dead!! Had been dead about an hour!!! So whoever called you was impersonating him..."said Yvette...

"But Yvette, when I arrived at his condo....The door was open...I heard the shower running and before I came in, I heard his voice telling me the door was open and to come in...When I came in, I was hit with something, probably a sap and knocked cold.. When I woke up a gun was in my hand that I never saw before..,. Get this... I'm Left handed...The gun was in my RIGHT HAND.... Bourbon was poured all over my suit...I don't drink...Not anymore.. I'm in AA...Only a minute few people around the office know that....You can check.... I wasn't drunk and if I shot a gun ,it would be with my left hand and not my right...I was framed." said Bob Connor.


Bee Bee snapped a photo of the phone call and the time it was registered on his phone...She knew they'd have to turn his phone in to discovery eventually.
Sofia examined his head..

"That is a nasty bruise....He was administered medical attention at the scene....and he was unconscious according to the police report...This is proof that someone else was there."said Sofia..



"Six Stitches." I said.  "It was definitely a sap."I added.


Kahlil was writing this all down...

"I normally would tell you to drive to a hotel, preferably one with an indoor garage, so you could keep your car off the street....That is up to you....But do keep a low profile.."said Yvette...

Ms. Virginia passed him a Portal.





"You know what this is...We will communicate with you daily on the progress we are making on your case." she said.





Jade passed him a phone..

"This is a burner phone....No longer use our personal phones or our business phones...As long as this trial goes on, you will contact us by this..." she said.


"Take some time off.....You've got it coming to you...Book yourself into a hotel...There is a nice one a few blocks from here...Relax, while we work on your defense."said Yvette.

"Thank you Yvette...Thank You...I'll never forget you and your team's kindness...I'm forever in your debt."said a very shaken and contrite Bob Connor.


IV-


Later that day at our old building...Lt. Tragg was in our building..As usual he was livid...He felt as though we had done an end run around him..by having Bob Connor arraigned in Night Court...
"They'll use every legal trick, every legal loophole to get what they want." he snarled.


He realized he needed  to confiscate Bob Connor's phone... Naturally, Bob Connor was not at work when he went to our corporate offices.. Nor was he at his home when he had gone there...Mr. connor had taken our advice and checked himself into a Hotel..

The Sheraton, not too far from us.



 Our former  office was pretty much like it always was...The lights were off , the doors were locked and it looked as if no one had been there in days...

Just as he was angrilly heading towards the elevator ,Ms. Yvette stepped off....She had Bob Connor's phone in a plastic bag...

"I believe you've come for this..." she said and passed it to him...

"WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOUR SNOT NOSED YOUNGINS TODAY?" Lt. Tragg snarled.

"It's Friday....I gave em the rest of the day off..and they are adults, they're married and they are homeowners, Adults not snot nosed youngins. "Yvette said.


"Hmmmmmph, where is Connor?" he asked.

"Unless you have further charges...OR A WARRANT!! I don't have to tell you his whereabouts...assuming I know them." said Yvette with a smile..  "See you in court." she said with a smile.


She got back on the elevator and left him standing there with the phone .


with that stupid baleful stare of his...


Yvette hadn't given us the day off, but she anticipated Lt. Tragg asking about our whereabouts....She knew he'd be in our old building, looking for us and wanting that phone.

While she was entertaining Lt. Tragg, Jade had gone to the crime scene...

She snapped photos of the shower where the body was found and of all of the places police marked off for shell casings...


She found a Fax in Glover's Fax machine sent a day before the murder at 9:00 AM....She took that and put it in her purse...


Glover's Phone was lying on the bed... How sloppy Lt. Tragg was..




She snapped photos of every phone call made within the past 48 hours of the murder..including the one made to Bob Connor's phone and the time.

With that completed , She quietly left and headed back to our office.

Back at the office..
''So What do we have going on for the weekend?"asked Sofia..
"Nothing tonight....Tomorrow is "Laundry Day" Beverly told me she wants to leave early tommorow
morning... like 10:00 instead of eleven...
'So we are just chillin tonight huh?   There's a good game on tonight.. You guys are welcome to come over.. Bring some Nachos and salsa and a case of beer." I said.



"Ask Jessie and Chip if they want to come over too!" said Bee Bee.
"That'll work...What are you doing tonight Ms. Virginia.?" asked Kahlil..
"Thank you Baby, but my husband and I are going to Jakes and get some dogs and coming home and Netflix and Chill..."said Virginia..

"I gave him the phone...He's soooo predictable..."said Ms. Yvette, who had just walked in,..

"He's so sloppy too...I went back to Glover's Condo... I snapped photos of the entire crime scene.. Glover's phone was still on the bed.. I snapped photos of every call sent and received...and I found this in his fax machine...The only thing I removed." said Jade.


Yvette looked at it...

"This was the labor proposal, the one they were supposed to present to the construction workers union..The one they never saw... Hmmmmmmmm, Monday I'm going to make Mr. connor aware of this.. I'm betting he never saw this." said Yvette.

The Plot Thickened!


(TO BE CONTINUED)



6 comments:

  1. I Love the way you continuously show Black couples in love with no cheating or struggle, unlike on Television...Always keep these couples together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fact that Lt. Tragg didn't show up in Night Court ,where there are no visitors or press and basically older Judges and ADA's waiting to retire says a lot about him...He likes the spotlight..Cameras snapping,lots of people around a Pretty ADA he can slip his hands under her skirt or rub her legs..He doesn't give a damn about the case...Just improving his spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should arraign more clients in Night Court...They got him out with no bail...Of course his race and his gender had a lot to do with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. standing and Applauding and throwing my damn panties and bra in the sky...Those bedroom scenes really did it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Plot thickens...They know now that Glover lied...Richard Biggs did send hm the document...He didn't get it because he was uh making whooopie with that other attorney..

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO! Making Whoopie? Now there is a term I haven't heard in awhile LMAO!

    ReplyDelete