Monday, April 18, 2022

The Millie Factor

We were all hanging out in a new watering hole.. Not necessarily a new bar, but new to us.... We all decided to come here after work one day... We didn't have Olivia's buses to bring us home... We'd have to take the train...At least we wouldn't be diving and we'd have to look out for each other.  We wouldn't have Lt. Tragg to worry about.

"This place is nice.. The drinks are cheap..." I said to my wife , Beatrice.. I'm Keith Jones, Associate Attorney at McCluskey/Cozen /Connor & Pratt.  I was here with my three friends from law school, My wife ,Beatrice" Bee Bee" Evans-Jones, Our good friends Sofia Garcia -Ahmed and her husband, Kahlil Ahmed and the other attorneys who worked in our building and lived on our street.. Jasmine Coley and her husband, Dabnis, Kayla Bennett -St, Jacques and her husband, Ray St. Jacques, Tony Billips,husband of one of our contemporaries, Bresha Billips, who wasn't with us right now and Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband, Charles ''Chip"Burrows. All of us were young and up and coming Attorneys who had worked together before for years...and who by fate all worked in the same building and all lived on the same street...
"This place is nice..The drinks are cheap, but it could use a little music.."said my wife..Bee Bee.
''Yeah that's my only complaint...But this is a great place to go if you want to talk."said Sofia.
"Here come our drinks."said Kahlil
Our Martinis arrived... Turns out that while this was our first time here ,our other friends had been here before.
''We've been here before. Remember?" said Jazzy to her husband, Dabnis.
''I remember.. You were seeing that white guy...You asked me to come along just to make sure everything went smoothly." laughed Dabnis, who never imagined he'd be married to Jazzy back then.
"I was here with Cousin Olivia and Beverly..."said Kayla.
"Yeah, we both were..About two years ago.." said Ray.
''This place is mad cool but it could use a DJ, some music."observed Tony Billips.
''I agree Tony... I might like to Salsa." joked Jessica Sanchez-Burrows.
"Here comes our drinks.." said Chip.


As their drinks arrived..

As Luck would have it...we saw two other visitors that afternoon.


The New Assistant District Attorney , Vanessa Stevens 
and our old friend, I suppose, Assistant United States Attorney, Todd Dellums..

He saw us and walked over to our table..

"Hey Guys..I have someone I'd like you to meet...This is Vanessa Stevens, She will be a new Assistant District Attorney...She's taking April Taylor's place.. These are my friends, Beatrice. Sofia, her husband,Kahlil and Beatrice's husband, Keith Jones. They're defense attorneys...You may meet up with them in court." he said, blushing..

Bee Bee was once engaged to Todd years before and she practically grew up with him...She could tell that he was in love with Vanessa...She knew the look and the body chemistry..

"Hi Vanessa, pleased to meet you..I'm Beatrice...but you can call me Bee Bee." she said.
Sofia had never thought of herself as Todd's "Friend" , but if he felt that way about her, she was willing to let by gones be by gones..

"Hello Vanessa, pleased to meet you." said Sofia.

"Pleased to meet you both." said Vanessa.

"Hello Vanessa, I'm Kahlil Ahmed."said Kahlil..
"Hi Vanessa, I'm Keith Jones...Beatrice's Husband." I said.

"Pleased to meet you.." she said.
''This is the rest of our gang..  Jasmine Coley and her husband, Dabnis, Kayla Bennett-St. Jacques and her husband, Ray St. Jacques.., Tony Billips, Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and her husband, Charles "Chip" Burrows." I said.
''Hello" said Jazzy.
"Hello." said Dabnis.
''Hiiii..I think we've met before in Curleys." said Kayla.
"Yeah...Curleys." said Ray.


''I think it was St.Patty's Day or Date Night." said Tony.

His wife Bresha, off from work, Took the train and joined us there..

"Heyy guys, Hey baby." she said.


Giving Tony a big kiss.


''We were in there with 



Olivia and Beverly and Ms. Yvette." said Jessica.

"Yes I remember that. Everybody was there." said Chip..


"Yes, I remember seeing you all in Curleys...Nice seeing you all again." said Vanessa, who seemed pleasent enough."


"Come on babe...let's get a seat..It's starting to get crowded in here." said Todd, smiling as they walked to a table.
''She seems nice.. She's a little older than him...I can tell he likes her a lot.." said Bee Bee.

"I hope he's learned his lesson and doesn't screw this up.." said Sofia.



"Yeah I was thinking the same thing." said Kahlil.

''So was I." I said.

II-



At a low rise condo...a grisly scene is being uncovered....

"White female...39 years old.....cause of death, one stab wound to the liver...." said one crime scene investigator....

"Looks like she bled out and bled out fast.." said another Crime Scene Investigator.

"My God.... So much blood..... Body temperature says the time of death was oh let's see...around 2:25...."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, Deputy Coroner...
"It's 3:15 now...That wasn't too long ago.." said Dr. Marcy Martin, her assistant, feeling the pulse.

Lt. Tragg of Homicide walked in with three uniformed officers... He kneeled down and slipped on latex gloves..

"What have we got here? Ouuuuuu a nasty stab wound..." he said.. "In the gut....Ouuuuuuuu." he said , trying not to get any blood on his suit or his shoes... "You got a murder weapon?" he asked.

"No, but one of the knives in the knife block is missing.." said Hazel..


''We searched the place thoroughly Lieutenant...We can't find it." said a CSI guy.

Lt. Tragg saw a man sitting on the bed....His suit drenched in blood.

''Who's That?" he asked.


''Her Husband...His name is Damon Brantley...He's a lawyer...He owns this spot, but it's not where he lives..He found the body." said a C.S.I. Man.

"I'm Lieutenant Tragg, Arthur Tragg of Homicide...You found the body?" he asked.
"Yes." said the man in tears...That's my wife...Oh My god... Her name is Andrea Brantley...Oh My Lord!" he said, crying profusely... "I got here at about 2: 45 a,quarter to three and found her on the floor,bleeding profusely.. I-I called 911...but..but it was too late." he said, continuing to cry profusely.


"You guys live here?" asked Lt. Tragg...

''No...No.. No...We live in Bayside.... I didn't even know my wife knew about this place..  I-I bought this place to bring girls to... I might as well tell you...I was having an affair.. My wife wasn't supposed to be here...I don't know how she found this place... My girl was supposed to meet me here.. Oh Lord.. Oh Lord.....My wife must have surprised her, but...but..she wouldn't have done something like this.. Ohhhhhh lord..." he said crying profusely...

"Nasty Buzzard....This was a love nest...He purchased this to bring women to... His poor wife must have surprised whoever and got the worst of it.. I have no sympathy for him.."whispered Hazel in disdain to Marcy.
"Me neither !!! What a creep! I've heard lots of well off men purchase places like this for that reason..To take their concubines to..Oh well you know what they say...Play Stupid Games..Win Stupid prizes..." said Marcy..


''Alright...Get her out of here....Get me those Autopsy reports ASAP!" sighed Lt. Tragg...



And at the condo , formerly belonging to April Taylor, that now belonged to new ADA Vanessa Stevens.
"I really had a nice time tonight...Nice to meet your lawyer friends...They seem nice."said Vanessa.
"They are nice outside of court...In court they're cut-throat...Lucky for me, I don't have to try too many cases if any against them...That's how we stay friends.."laughed Todd Dellums.
"Ohhhhh you don't take these cases personal do you?  YES!! YOU DO!" laughed Vanessa.
"I take you personal." Todd whispered and they both embraced in a soft, slow ,wet kiss..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm I know you do..." she cooed..


He lifted her dress over her head...and ran his hands slowly and softly down into her panties..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, you hands are sooo soft...." she moaned..

''So is your butt." he said..

"You are sooo nasty." she giggled.



"And you are soooo sexy." he whispered as he slipped her thong down..



They stood there holding each other... Naked in the living room...


and kissing passionately...

"OUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE SOOO DAMN HARD AND BIG!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUU, we can't just stand here like this.." she said..

She took him by the hand and led him to her bedroom..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm" she moaned, stroking his penis....

She eased herself down on his penis and began to move up and down slowly, while flooding him with slow, soft kisses...Kisses that were driving him crazy...

They began making sweet love...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TODDDDDDD!" she cooed.

For the Next ELEVEN TO TWELVE HOURS..they were locked in coital bliss.... She was amazed at his stamina.. At first she hadn't wanted to date him.. She was three years older than him, but her girlfriend, Astrid kept begging her to go out with him, Even went with them on the first few dates..She found him charming.. and a beast in bed..
Imaginative...
With great stamina and strength...
and technique as well..

He seemed to never get enough, once he got started..


and he gave her multiple orgasms.....Orgasms that left her legs shaking......and tears freely flowing down the side of her face...


He  left her exhausted, but very satisfied...  VERY SATISFIED AFTERWORDS!  That alone made him a keeper.

III-


Another Day at Work.....


Ms. Virginia greeted us as we came in the door that morning..


''Hey how was your night last night... You like the new place?" asked Ms. Virginia.
"It was a nice time...Beautiful decor...Drinks were inexpensive."said Sofia.
"You should have come Ms. Virginia."said Kahlil..
"I'm an old lady... I partied with you guys all last weekend in Stoleys, Aqua Bar and Josie's.. Ms. Virginia is all partied out."laughed Virginia Shaw..
"What are you talking about? You aint old...You got a lot of party left." I said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuu thank youuuu, you are sooo sweet." laughed Ms. Virginia.
''Besides there was no dancing... Just drinking... The drinks were good and cheap like Sofia said..
but there was no music...That was my only complaint." said Bee Bee.

''No Juke Box even? Got to have a Juke Box." laughed Ms. Jade, who was coming in with Ms. Yvette.
Today was the first day we hadn't all come in together.
"Maybe they have a suggestion box and I'll suggest that next time." I joked..
"There you go...or suggest that they get a suggestion box."said Ms. Yvette who was entering with multiple shoe boxes...

"You Bought Shoes?" asked an excited Bee Bee.

''Ouuu let me see." said Sofia.

''I'll show em to you.. You guys ate yet?  Whether you have or haven't... I haven't.. I'm starving..Put the phones on hold and let's go eat...You too Virginia..." said Ms. Yvette.


Life as Attorneys , when you work for a cool Managing Partner and in your own building.We joined 
Ms. Yvette in our cafeteria where our friends were just finishing up..

''Hey Ms. Yvette, you missed a good time last night."said Jazzy.
"Or Maybe she didn't" laughed Dabnis slyly...
"Oh Hush up, Nasty.." said Kayla, smiling sheepishly....
"I was thinking the same thing." laughed her husband..Ray.
Tony laughed too..
So did next door neighbor Jessica Sanchez-Burrows

and her husband, Chip..


They all heard the moaning and cooing out of Ms. Yvette and Gary's open window as they returned home from the bar..After they got off the train at around midnight, they all stumbled down the driveway...






They knew Ms. Yvette and husband Gary were getting it on...


''I heard you guys enjoyed yourselves.. I'll join you next time."said Ms. Yvette.







Me , Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Virginia all found a nice round table and ordered breakfast..




Things just got better with Ms. Yvette.


III-


Early Morning.
"Ummmm I don't want to let you go.." moaned Todd Dellums, kissing Vanessa at the door.
"You have to baby....I gotta go to work and so do you......Holster that thing for a few hours." she laughed rubbing the huge bulge in his trousers that was surprisingly still hard and erect after last night together.
"Ummm alright...I'll see you tonight." he said as he left her condo, smiling and got in his car..

His phone rang....he picked it up...

"Millicent....Millicent Caldwell...I never thought I'd hear from you again...Thought you were mad at me." he laughed.. getting hard again.. remembering the lawyer from New York


and their hot night together...They had been in Harvard Law School Together...he had dreamed of getting her in the sack all through law school.. A chance meeting a month ago led to a one night stand and the end of the relationship he was presently in... He had learned his lesson.. Whatever she wanted..He wasn't going there again..

''Hey where are you? I'm on my way to work." he said.

"WHAT?  YOU'RE IN JAIL????? FOR MURDER ONE??????" he asked....astonished..



A little later-


We had an interesting visitor at our office.
"Assistant U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums, what brings you to our office esteemed counselor." said Ms. Virginia, smiling.
"I need to see Yvette... It's an emergency.." he said, looking distraught.
Ms. Yvette appeared...walking out of her office..

"Todd...What's going on?" she said with a smile.

"I need you to go with me to Central Booking..A good friend of mine.. Millicent Caldwell has been arrested, charged with murder....I know she didn't do this.. I know it." he said. "I'm a U.S. Attorney..I can't defend her, but you can. Please.. I'll pay you...Please.." he said.. He sounded desperate.

"Okay,let me get my purse and tell my guys I'm going."said Yvette.


"I'd rather just you go...and not involve them yet.." he pleaded..




Yvette grabbed her legal roller and briefcase....

"Virginia, tell the guys I had to leave on business..and that I'll be back." she said.

"Got'cha." said Virginia.



Yvette and Todd Dellums headed towards Central Booking.

"Nice Ride. Is this new?" asked Yvette.

"I've had it a few weeks." said Todd.

''This girl, this Millicent Caldwell...She's an Attorney right? she recently went up against Olivia and her crew in court..didn't she?" asked Yvette.








Remembering the huge civil case that spun into a criminal trial in which Olivia and her associates and Jazzy

wound up becoming special prosecutors for the D.A.


and won a guilty verdict over her...


Todd admitted it.

"Yes that's her..She's an old friend of mine.. We were in Harvard Law school together." he said.


"She's more than just an Old friend....you two were filmed doing the Hibbity Bibbity by Bert Vandenberg, who distributed it to your old girlfriend Natasha Smith



thus ending your relationship.....Which is why you arrested him and dragged him down to the federal building." said Yvette.

"Right again Yvette."said Todd.

"Haven't seen him around lately... I guess you put the fear of God in him huh? " said Yvette.
''Something like that...I suppose." said Todd ,laughing a wicked laugh."Yvette...I want you to know I've learned my lesson...I don't know if you know it...but I've been seeing the new ADA, Vanessa Stevens. I uh really like her..She's Brilliant and very nice and I have no intention of cheating on her....but Millie is an old friend..We were in law school together..we had several classes together.. Graduated together, took and passed the bar the same day...Clerked for the same attorney...Astrid..and now here we are... That night with her was just scratching an old itch..It didn't mean anything...but she is a friend and I know...She is no murderer...This is all some big mistake.." said Todd.


''Well, we'll see." said Yvette.


IV-


Attorney Millicent Caldwell sat in "The Fishbowl" the nickname detectives had given to the interrogation room.
She didn't utter a word.


Lt. Tragg stared at her lustfully...

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he mused.. She was a hot sexy little number.  He remembered her. She was the Attorney who had Todd Dellums and Warren Lloyd twisted a few months ago. She entertained both in her hotel room while she was here representing that rich man's wife, who stabbed herself and then shot him to death,making it look like he did it...Yeah that was her.

"If ever I had someone cold.. I have you... Mrs. Brantley was stabbed to death with a kitchen set knife...The knife we can not find.. The woodblock the knife was in has your prints and DNA all over it.. In fact, your prints and DNA are all over the house.. A neighbor heard the two of you arguing and we got Mrs. Brantley's DNA on your jacket... We GOT YOU MS. CALdWELL... So spill.. tell me what happened.. Maybe, just maybe I can help you." said Lt. Tragg.

''Don't make me laugh...I'm an Attorney...This isn't my first rodeo...You are definitely NOT trying to help me...." said Millicent, who said nothing else.

"That's right...He's not...Don't say anything else!" said Todd Dellums.

Yvette said nothing..


Lt. Tragg smiled... "Welllllllll whoa hooooo look who comes down here..one of your two bed-mates missy.. My My Myyyyyy don't you get around miss..."laughed Lt. Tragg.

It was a Herculean effort for Todd Dellums not to grab Lt. Tragg and throttle him, but that would do no one any good... Both he and  Millicent would be locked up...So he said nothing, but Yvette could see he was as red as a beet and shaking.. He composed himself.

"Millicent, this is Attorney Yvette Jones....She's the defense attorney I got for you.. She and her associates will be handling your defense." said Todd, who as a U.S. Attorney could not take on the case.


''Thank You Todd...Thank you Ms. Jones.. For what it's worth, I did not kill Mrs. Brantley...I swear I didn't." said Millicent.


''That's all you need to say...You're an Attorney , you know you should exercise your right to remain silent.. We'll try to round up a judge to arraign you tomorrow morning..You just hang on." said Yvette.

"Thank You...Thank You So Much." said Millicent , who had tears running down her face.
'Excuse me." she said and grabbed a waste receptacle and vomited her guts out...

Yvette looked at her strangely..

"Poor Kid, she's scared to death, she's never been in this kind of trouble before."said Todd Dellums
to Yvette as they left.


"That's because she's guilty!" said Lt. Tragg snarling.


"Ignore him Todd." whispered Yvette to Todd..

Todd's hands were shaking, he was so angry...but he composed himself .


Back at our building..

in our conference room , Some Hours Later-

''So that's it..We've got a new case guys." said Ms. Yvette.
'She's from New York.. Her firm is in New York...Do we have to go there to get charactor witnesses?" I asked.
"Uh No... She has moed to Philadelphia.  I googled her. She has a law firm downtown.. Three Associate Attorneys, Two Para-legals and an Office Manager." said Bee Bee.
"And guess what? Damon Brantley is one of the Associate Attorneys that works for her firm." said Sofia.
"Talk about an "associate" joked Kahlil.
Jade laughed...

"You guys are on top of things." laughed Ms. Yvette.



Tonight  Todd sat in the bar alone.. None of us were there. He was downing Tequillas.




"Rough day today?" said Vanessa Stevens, who met him there.

''Yeah" said Todd somberly.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment