Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Mr. Brazillian

We all sat in our conference room/law library..
 

"So how have you been Jane? How's life at the Women's Law center?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"I like it.. I like the kind of law I am practicing.. I took a substantial paycut..It's not the kind of money I made at the Bridgerton group..but peace of mind and purpose is everything."said Jane.
"You stiil look like you're ballin out girlfriend." said Bee Bee.
"You always were sharp." said Sofia.
"Still aint got no man....I traded in my condo, for a nice loft in Queens Village.. I'm doin alright." she said.
"You need to hang out with us in Aqua Bar or Stoleys, Josie's even..I guaruntee you'll meet somebody." I said.

"Oh Yeah?" she smiled.

"Oh Most definitely.." said Kahlil.
Ms. Jade laughed. "Oh listen at them." she said.

"So tell me about your friend and something about this case, I haven't heard in the media."said Ms. Yvette.


"As you know ,I was Co-Counsel for the Bridgerton Investment Group..


 It was an all white firm, I was the only Black girl there...I didn't have many friends...and my supervisor got promoted over me, despite the fact that I was more qualified.. I felt very isolated...

Amanda Streete was a breath of fresh air...She was or rather is one of the top Investment Bankers at that firm...She didn't care what people thought of her sitting with me , talking with me... We went to lunch, shoe shopping  et al. She became my closest friend at Bridgerton...

When I went on trial for murder , She was my staunchest supporter..She testified on my behalf at my trial, remember? Who could guess she'd be on trial for murder herself a year later.,huh?" said Jane.

''Do you know Cosmo Courtland? And her involvement with him?" I asked.

"I've seen him around...I know he bought a lot of stocks in Bridgerton Investments before I left.. And he's known around the city..He's loaded..I don't know of the nature of their relationship,,but I know her and I know she doesn't have a violent bone in her body...I know she's no killer." said Jane with certainty.


''Everyone should have a friend like you that believes in them as strongly as you do."said Ms. Yvette.
"Well Bee Bee, Little Mamasita...Find me a Judge.... Keith, Kahlil, go to Bridgerton with Janey here and find me charactor witnesses.." said Ms. Yvette.... "Meet me tomorrow at Central Booking." she said.
"Come on Jane, We might as well get over there now." I said.
"Sofia and I are on our way to the courthouse." said Bee Bee.
"Let's take the train." said  Sofia.
''Did you drive Jane?" asked Kahlil.


"I did ,Come on Guys...." said Jane, who looked at Ms. Yvette- "Thank You!" she said silently.

We all left the office.


"I'm headed to the Medical Examiner's Office and to Police Headquarters to get Autopsy and Tox reports and the Arrest report.. I hope I can get them without interference from you know who."said Jade.
''If he gives you any trouble...I'll have a subpoena ready and will email it to a Judge on call."said Ms. Yvette.
"Ouuuuuuu look at you Lady Boss.. Ms. Managing Partner." said Jade.
"Stopppppppppp." laughed Ms. Yvette.

We were in full defense mode!


II-


Lt. Tragg was very biased... When the suspect was Black or Latino, be it male or female, They sat in this hot airless room that smelled like sweaty socks , underarm odor and cigarette smoke..and just stewed...They might get offered a cigarette, maybe some coffee, maybe a candy bar and at best ,all three, but that was it.

Amanda Streete was white and blonde and a woman Lt. Tragg found physically attractive..






He ordered a platter for her from Sam Mother's Diner. Steak and Eggs, Hash Browns and hot coffee..

She was starving. She devoured the food...and gulped down the coffee...

All she would say is "I didn't kill him, you've got the wrong person." Nothing more..

 

"Come on Baby...We've got you on Street Cam, Traffic Cam and the ATM cam across the street entering the building with him and you leaving eight hours later and him not.. He was in that room, stinking and decomposing for a day before he was found..We know you did this...you wanna tell me what happened?
I can help you...I can ask the ADA to go easy on you...I'm tight with all of em...a few Judges too!" he said.
She had finished her food. she put the styrofoam container and the plastic knife, spoon and fork in the waste recepticle. She finished the last of her coffee and tossed the styrofoam cup in the waste basket..
She stared at him and said again.

"I didn't do it...You have the wrong person." she said.


She might as well have been talking to a brick wall..He pulled out a plastic bag..



The bag contained a pair of panties and a bra and some lipstick..


"Those aren't mine...They aren't my size..and that's not my lipstick... I'm not in the habit of leaving my things behind in a man's apartment. Trust me, my bra and panties were on when I left his apartment and my lipstick and make up were in my purse...I don't know who those things belong to." she said.


"Uhhhh Perhaps you can uh remove the ones you have on and uh ahhh we can compare size." said Lt. Tragg.

"Uhhhhhhh perhaps not...You'll have to get your jollies elsewhere...I didn't do it and you have the wrong person and that's all I have to say./" said Amanda defiantly and she didn't utter another word for the next hour.

Yvette appeared alone in the Fishbowl..

"Lieutenant, can I speak with my client?" she said.


"Vettie!! I haven't seen you in weeks, where ya been, out of town?" asked Lt. Tragg.


"Nope!" was all she would say... She knew he'd find out she was promoted to Managing Partner and that she and her associates had moved to a new building eventually...but she wasn't about to tell him that.


"Where are the kiddies?" he asked sarcastically.

"They're around....You'll see them in court...Now can we have the room please?" asked Yvette.


"Oh Sure, Surrrrrrrrre!" he laughed as he left.


"I remember you....You and your staff defended Jane last year...I testified for the defense.," said Amanda.  "You gotta know..I didn't do this.. He has the wrong person." she said.


''Shhhhhhh ..Don't say anything...These walls have ears if you get my drift. We are going to have you arraigned in about two hours... You sit tight okay!" said Yvette.

"I will...Tell my friend, and former colleauge, Janey , I said thank you." said Amanda.


"You can tell her yourself..She'll be at your arraignment." said Yvette, smiling at her.



TWO HOURS LATER-




Ms. Yvette walked into court with our new client, Amanda Streete, accused of murdering  Wealthy Socialite , Cosmo Courtland..





Me, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Ms. Jade were waiting for them..


Even though she wasn't part of the defense...because she was an attorney, Jane Martin was allowed to sit with us..

The Judge was ironically the same Judge who had presided over the Jane Martin Trial...Thad Thornton..
We hadn't seen him in over a year..





The Assistant District Attorney was a man named James "Straight" Shooter..  


Bee Bee knew him...

''Remember when Beverly and Nelson got married and I filled in for them a few years ago? He was the prosecutor we went up against... He's as dumb as a bag of rocks..I look forward to us going up against him." she laughed.

"He might be a lightweight...but his second chair isn't." I said.

Peering at ADA Gilda Grady.


"Yeah, I remember her..She's good... Keith and I tried a case against her.. She cleaned our clocks...This was three years ago... Ms. Yvette drafted an appeal and she sat with us the second trial, which we won and were better prepared for.. she's no walk in the park.
"That was then...This is now..We are three years wiser now." said Sofia.
"That's the spirit Lil Mamasita." laughed Ms. Yvette.. 

Another man, a Black man with a beard walked into the courtroom and passed the Judge some notes, then he went and sat down in the visitors sector..


He caught the eye of Jane Martin...

"OUUUUUUU...Who is that?" she asked...
"Ohh that's Brazillian... Ronald Brazillian, He just passed the bar...He's clerking for the Judge." said Sofia.

"Ouu he's cute!" said Jane, who couldn't keep her eyes off of him,

"We met him yesterday when we were securing the Judge.  He just passed the bar and he's clerking for the Judge...He's a baby Jane..You're three years older than him." laughed Bee Bee.
''He's cute....I could school him" said Jane.


Judge Thornton called the court to order...


ADA Jim "Straight " Shooter argued that Amanda Streete was a 'Cold Blooded Black Widow" who kills her man after she mates with him...and therefore should be held without bail for "the safety of the city."
Like Lt. Tragg , he had a flair for the dramatic. 



His sumnation brought laughs and chuckles from Kahlil and Me..

And a look of consternation from second chair, ADA Gilda Grady..


Lt. Tragg smiled while he slipped his hands under her skirt, rubbed her legs and inched them further up...He looked as pleased as punch.

She removed his hands and stared at him angrilly...

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?" she asked him..


ADA Shooter had a thing for her too...He had his arms around her waist...Squeezing her tightly..

She removed his hands angrilly...

Ms. Yvette nearly laughed after ADA Shooter's sumnation.. She argued that Amanda Streete was neither violent nor criminally inclined.  She had no prior criminal record , nor any history of complaints for domestic or any other kind of violence brought against her.




With help from Jade..Kahlil and I paraded 23 people, Mostly colleagues from the Bridgerton Group, but also a couple of ex-boyfriends who testified to her sterling charactor and to the fact that there was no history of violence that they could see.

Judge Thornton was impressed with our preparation and set bail at $2500.00.

Amanda Streete wrote her own check for $250.00 and passed it to the bailiff ..

And we all walked out of the courthouse...
"I imagine you're starved Amanda, why don't you come back to our office...We have a nice cafeteria in our building." said Ms. Yvette.
"Yeah, you can eat, relax and tell us what you know and we can compare notes." said Jade.
"I'll go back with you...but I'm not hungry...Lt. Tragg fed me well, He ordered a Steak and Eggs Breakfast from Sam Mothers and Hot coffee." said Amanda, laughing.
"Wowwwww, when I was in custody all I got was a stale luke warm cup of coffee from the stationhouse
and a dry sandwich from the vending machine.,"laughed Jane.
"You don't have the complexion to make the connection doll." I reminded her.
''And you're not blonde and your skirt wasn't short enough." said Bee Bee.
"Lt. Tragg is such a horny toad...If she had offered him some, he probably would have let her go."said Sofia.

"No doubt" laughed Kahlil as we all left and quickly boarded the train back to our office,



Lt, Tragg , furious that we had gotten another one of  his suspects released from custody was looking for someone to unload on...but we were gone, vanished from sight.

His venom was mostly at Judge Tad Thornton, who he despised and who he felt only released her on bail to get back at him...

ADA Shooter had ADA Gilda Grady up against the wall.

"How about we go someplace nice for a big juicy steak , a baked potato and a nice dry martini baby!" he whispered in her ear.

"ADA Shooter you're invading my personal space...and uh perhaps you need a cold shower." she said ,noticing his trousers were standing out like a circus tent.

"Thanks for the offer...but uh , I brought my lunch today." she said and walked off...



Lt. Tragg laughed watching Gilda Grady shoot down Jim Shooter.

"Ole Jim Shooter hasn't got a shot.." he thought to himself.


III-


We all went back to our new building..


And to our jazzy cafeteria.









Where both Amanda and Jane met our other friends, All Attorneys who worked in our building.

"You have beautiful friends...And you say you all live on the same block?" asked Jane.

''Yeah, Same block, same side of the street...and now we all work in the same building." I said.


"That's a lot of togetherness..I suppose you all ride the train to work together too?" laughed Jane.


"Sometimes, not all the times." said Sofia.

"Thing is, we've all either worked together or hung out together for years , before we all wound up on the same block."said Bee Bee.


"Yeah, not like we all just met." added Kahlil.


"It's nice to have friends...To live and work in a community like you guys do." mused Jane.


After Lunch we met in our conference room/law library.

"Look ,I was with him. I was with him for many hours. We were uh intimate....and then I left and he was healthy and happy and very much alive...I didn't kill him...I don't even own a gun...I've never fired a gun...Ms. Yvette this is all a big mistake!" said Amanda Streete.
"They have a bra and a pair of panties and and open tube of lipstick found at the scene, not that means anything." said Yvette.

"I saw those..They aren't mine.Neither is the tube of lipstick. I'm not in the habit of leaving my bra and panties behind...or my lipstick...He probably had another woman up there. We were adults..I knew he had other women...I mean he's a millionaire playboy, everybody knows that...That was only the second time we'd been intimate.The first was in Atlantic City, the week before. All I know about him is that he owned a lot of shares of stock in our company and was looking to unload the stock to one of the other board members...It had nothing to do with me...He stopped by the office a few times, we got friendly, we went out for a few drinks and then we went to Atlantic City and spent the weekend, then we met mid-day in one of his suites and that is it. I keep thinking if I had stayed longer, I might have been shot too!" said Amanda.

''I can have the panties, the bra and the lipstick checked for DNA...You can leave a sample of your DNA with us before you leave." said Ms. Jade.





Sofia produced a Portal.

"You can check yourself into a hotel, using your real name or stay close to home.." she said passing her the Portal.

"We'll communicate with you by Portal from here." said Bee Bee...


''Here, keep this phone.. When you need to communicate with us..You call from this phone and this phone only...Don't call this office." I said ,passing her the phone.

"Here are three sim cards...You change them every three days..If you have any trouble...Any trouble at all, you call us on this phone." said Kahlil.

''Wowwwww, you guys don't play or take anything to chance huh?" said Amanda.
"That's why we win cases...We take nothing to chance." said Ms. Yvette.


We took Jane with us to Aqua Bar that night.. 


It was packed.. All of our friends were there, Beverly and Nelson, Josie and Paris, Bresha and Tony,
Jessica and Chip, Kayla and Ray and Jazzy and Dabnis, all on the dance floor , line dancing up a storm, high fiving and laughing.













They were clearly having a good time and more than likely were going to be very thirsty by the time they finished dancing.


Jane sat at the bar with the four of us observing.

''Your friends are having a great time..Is that Beverly West of the Olivia and Beverly team?" she asked.

''Sure is and her husband Nelson East, also of the team and Josie Boyd, with her husband and Bresha Billips, wife of Tony Billips who you met at our job. They live across the street from us." said Sofia.

"I think it's so cool you guys work together, hang out together and all live on the same block...Kind of reminds me of how communal we all were in law school." said Jane.

"Yeah I know right? I mean it's always been us four, but we were cool with the entire floor in our dorm, I mean Keith and I lived a few floors up from Bee Bee and Sofia, but we had a whole community."said Kahlil.
"The thing was.In Law school , we knew it was all going to come to an end one day, graduation, passing the bar, employment..We four are lucky to have stayed together and to have connected with such a great group of friends." said Bee Bee.
''We ought to give you our realtor's number.. Talk to her.. She can find you a place near us I'm sure." I said.
"Nah...I like my spot.. but I'm gonna come down and hang out with you guys more often..I like all of your friends, neighbors, building mates." she laughed.


A Mango Martini arrived in front of Jane.


"I didn't order another drink." Said Jane.


"The Guy over there sent it to you." said the Barmaid.
Sitting Across the bar was Attorney,  Newly minted Attorney Ronald Brazillian. He looked directly at Jane and winked.

"Ouu girl, that's Ronnie Brazillion and he's looking at you!"laughed Bee Bee.

"Oh My god,he is...Ouuuuuuu!" said Jane.


'Well don't sit here with us...Go over there and talk to him." said Sofia.


"Yeah because we are getting ready to dance with our wives..Go talk to him."said Kahlil with a smile.
"I am tired of being  a fifth wheel." she said. It wasn't lost on her that all of our friends were couples.
She took her drink and walked over to his table, while the four of us joined our friends on the dance floor.

She sat down with him.

"Hello..Thanks for the drink.." she said and smiled.

"Oh you're quite welcome.. I saw you in court today... I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. You were the only one with Bee Bee and Sofia that didn't look hooked up...You are single aren't you?" he asked.

"Yes and I hope you are." she said ,looking at his hands for a trace of a ring.

"Sure am...No wife, No girlfriend...I'm just a struggling attorney trying to get on at some firm," he said and smiled.


"I heard you just recently passed the bar..Where did you go to Law School?" she asked.

"I did everything at Howard...Undergrad and Law School...I passed the Bar in Washington.D.C. and Maryland and Virginia last year, this year I passed the bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Deleware.
I've been uh clerking for Judge Thornton..It's paying me a nice stipend, but I need a real job somewhere.
I've got a few interviews set up next week.," he said.

"You Pledge Anything? I'm a Delta ,like my two friends,

 Bee Bee and Sofia." said Jane.

He laughed. "Yes, they told me when I was talking to them the other day. I understand Bee Bee's 
husband, Keith Jones 

is a Kappa like me. We talked recently. " he laughed.

"Yes and he's from your chapter too at Howard. But he did his law school at Penn. I did my undergrad at North Carolina AT & T , but went to Law school at Howard. I grew up in Fishtown and Port Richmond. I met Bee Bee and Sofia in the Second Grade, We were in the same Girl Scout Troop  and we all graduated from Girls High," she said.,

"Wow! You guys have history and all three of you wound up being attorneys...Amazing.You're a little ahead of me, like Bee Bee and Sofia. Two years to be exact." he laughed.

"Is that a problem?" asked Jane, who hoped her being two years older than him wasn't a problem.

"If it's not for you, it damn sure aint for me!" he laughed. "I grew up in North Philly and I went to Central....My family left the Philly area and moved to Virginia...My dad was in The Navy..He got a contracting job in the area and that's how I wound up at Howard U.  But I always liked it here for some reason...So I fluctuated back to Philly, hoping to be a Philadelphia lawyer." he laughed..


More drinks were ordered..  Jane never did come back to our table. They continued talking animatedly.
She waved to us as we all left to go home.

"Looks like our girl made a love connection." said Sofia.
"I hope so...She's been alone for so long." said Bee Bee.
"Bruh, some panties are coming off tonight somewhere." I whispered to Kahlil.
"Oh No Doubt!  No Doubt!" whispered Kahlil to me.

IV-

At a lovers lane not far from Aqua Bar

and in her car.
"I want you to know Ronnie that I don't usually do this...Make out on the first date.." said Jane.
"Neither do I and this isn't  even a date." said Ronald Brazillian.
They were kissing passionately like two teenagers.





"Woof!" he said..

''Meooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!""she cooed and leaned over and kissed him passionately...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmph....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned...


Jane could see that his trousers were standing out like a circus tent... ,She softly rubbed his erection and continued deep throat kissing him....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Mr. Brazillian...We need to take this back to my place... it's not too far from here...I'll take you to your car in the morning."she moaned...


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I know...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh but I'm losing my mind over here...Ohhhhhhh.."he moaned and lifted her top 




and began unbuckling her bra...



"Too Late.....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned as Ronald Brazillian sucked on her breasts and kissed her breasts, her neck and her cheekbones and finally her lips....She moaned and leaned her head back....She was giddy with excitement....Ron started by kissing Jane from her mouth down to her breasts,  He began giving her french kisses,He moved his lips slowly across her breasts down to her body, He kept kissing her body as he lowered himself to her waist and hips. Jane was wearing a short skirt and Ron lifted it..

As he got to her panties, He placed a hand on both of her shapely legs and slowly spread them, Instead he kissed her vagina through her panties and even squeezed it slightly with his lips,

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ,OHHHHHHHHHH
MY GODDDD!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, MISTER BRAZILLIAN, We just met" she moaned...She was close to having an orgasm!

Jane was near delirium.  He  ran his tongue softly over her panties... He kissed  her through her panties for a few minutes  He moved slightly lower, kissing along her inner thigh. He licked & kissed her inner thigh... Then he began deep throat kissing her again...She was breathing heavily and her body was shaking..

"OH MY GODDDDD ....UMMMMMMM!" she cooed.Her body trembled...

"OHHHHHHHHHHH JANE....OHHHHHHHHHHH!" Ron moaned.
"Ouuu MISTER BRAZILLIAN...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" Jane moaned...She was very close to having a very intense orgasm....So was Ron..

"OH MY GOD JANE...OUUUUUUU!" he moaned..

She was getting ready to unzipper his trousers...and slip her panties to the side ,when she stopped.

"Wait!" she said. Let's go to my place and get comfortable." she said. She didn't relish doing that out here and getting caught by some cop or some newsy person.


They pulled off and headed toward her townhouse.

They pulled up in front of her townhouse.


"This wasn't even close...This is the other side of town." said Ronald Brazillian.


Jane looked at the huge bulge in his trousers and laughed, then rubbed it..

"He doesn't mind does he?" she said and smiled wryly.


Once inside her apartment, they tore at each other, Helping each other out of their clothing.


"OH MY GOD!" he moaned, helping her out of her bra.

"OH LORRRRRD!" he moaned ,slipping her panties down!

"OUUUUUUUUU WOUUUUU!" screamed Jane. he lifted her up and long stroked her... She screamed with pleasure as she had an intense orgasm, very quickly...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDD!" he moaned loudly as he sat her on the counter table and pumped away...She was so soft, so wet and smelled so good.
She was going nuts. She hadn't had sex within a year and this felt so good.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OUUUU
I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA CUM!" she screamed out loud.


He had her on the floor pumping away...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned loudly..."AWWWWW LAWWWWD!" he cried out!
He was making more noise than she was..but she felt great.. She had already had one intense orgasm...now she was having another one.. He didn't know if he was coming or going.


They stood in the middle of the floor , kissing passionately...

"You wanted to do this ever since you saw me in court today, didn't you?" she asked.

"I sure did." he said.

She took him by the hand and led him into her bedroom.

On the bed, she began to move up and down on him, amazed at his stamina and at his length and girth.
She continued to smother him with sweet kisses...
until they finally wound up in the bed ,making sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS!
before he finally came and came hard.


He lie in between her legs, both of them sweating and trying to catch their breath...She had orgasmed four times..

"OUUUUUUU YOU ARE A BEAST!  ARE YOU ON SOMETHING?" she asked.

"I'm on you." he said and smiled. She loved his smile.

Her legs were still shaking.


They took a nice long, hot soapy shower together. Frequently kissing passionately.


The next morning.

They kissed at the front door. He was getting ready to leave.
"That was a nice first date...Uh will there be a second date?" he asked.
"HELLL TO THE YES!!! WOUUUUUUUUUUU!" said Jane... "Now that you know where I live, don't be a stranger... Let me get my car keys...I'll drive you to your car... MY GODDDDD!" Jane raved.. She couldn't remember raving about a man like this before. She wondered if it was because she hadn't had sex in over a year or the fact that he was so good in bed.? She reasoned it was both.

And meanwhile at our office downtown..


Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and I 



looked up old cases, predicates and laws pretaining to our case.

 We were already determining the moves James ''Straight" Shooter and more so Gilda Grady were going to make.


In Ms. Yvette's office.. Ms. Yvette and Ms. Jade were talking.

''We need to get ahead of the prosecution on this. We need to know more about the politics going on at Bridgerton Investments and how it affected Cosmo Courtland.  I don't think this had anything to do  with Amanda Streete at all..she was just unfortunate to be the last in a long line of women he slept with!
Get a look at his building's video. They found panties and a bra there and another tube of lipstick, find out who they belonged to and see if DNA has been tested for all of those articles." said Ms. Yvette.

"I'm on it. I'm certain that even with this late start, I'm ahead of Lt. Tragg."laughed Ms. Jade.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment