Friday, June 11, 2021

To Yvette With Love


 In a Hotel Room in Atlanta, Georgia..


The television is tuned to the Nationally syndicated show , HARD BOTTOM, a show that covers crime and legal issues of the day..

"Our next guest is someone who hasn't been on in awhile, Lieutenant Arthur Tragg , speaking about a recent attempt on his life..."said B.L. Benz, the host of the show and a one time friend of the guest..
He didn't actually want Lt. Tragg on the show, but since his recent car explosion and his claims about an attempt on his life was news...He had to be on..


"Three years ago...three of my cars exploded...the bomber was quite the amateur... One of those explosions took out a gas station and just missed killing me and a lady friend at the time..We never caught the perp... This bomb was much more sophisticated..We suspect the perp has been in prison all this time and has just got out and is back to his old tricks..In fact..He has gotten better. We have no street cam footage, no prints, no DNA...but we do know something..This perp was a professional." said Lt. Tragg.
"Which explains why you haven't been able to capture him." said B.L.
"WHAT?" asked Lt. Tragg.
"Uh you keep saying "he"...any chance this could be a woman?" asked B.L. Benz.

"Nah...a broad doesn't have the evil genius in her DNA to cook up something like this. This was definitely a man." said Lt. Tragg.


And in the hotel room in Atlanta, far away from Philadelphia. Melvin Johnson and Cheryl Drake lie in bed laughing their heads off..

"I can't believe this guy actually made detective and now is a Lieutenant...but then again, I knew his father and his uncle...Nepotism and stupidity  is alive and well..." laughed Melvin Johnson.
"I remember his father, he was a boob too..That apple doesn't fall far from the tree.." said Cheryl Drake.
"Oh Melvin...I'm so glad you decided to move to Atlanta and take the job offer as an Investigator at the new firm I'm going to be working for." said Cheryl.

"Baby, after that night I spent with you...There was no way I was going to let you out of my sight again."said Melvin Johnson, who had had all of his things shipped to Atlanta and put in storage and like Cheryl was trying to find living quarters...They had been in this hotel for a week..
"Ummmm and I'm soooooo glad.." she cooed.
"Now where were we?"he asked in his Lou Rawls voice..

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm we were doing this.." she moaned as they began kissing passionately...


"And this!" he said...pulling her night gown up as she straddled him and began to ride him like a surfer rides the waves..up and down and smother him with warm ,slow kisses..

"AHHHHHHHHH..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed silently..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" he moaned..

"AWWWWW MELVIN, PUT IT IN ME!" she cried out as she continued to kiss him and ride him..
Soon they were in bed, making sweet love...The bed squeaking and the headboard ramming against the wall..

"HEYYYYY KEEP IT DOWN IN THERE!! QUIET THE NOISE!" came the voice of the neighbor next door.

They were oblivious to the next door neighbors protests...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! MELVIN OOOOOHHH!"she screamed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWWWWWD! WOMANNNNN!" he yelled out as the bed began to squeak louder...

"OUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHH!" he bellowed.

"KEEP IT DOWN...QUIET THE NOISE IN THERE!" yelled the man in the room next door..





They were  also oblivious to Lt. Tragg's voice booming from the television...

"I'VE GOT A MESSAGE TO WHOEVER BLEW UP MY CAR!  I'VE GOT A TEAM OF DETECTIVES WORKING ON THIS AROUND THE CLOCK  AND YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS...THERE IS NOWHERE YOU CAN HIDE!!!" he snarled.


And at Sam Mother's  diner in Philadelphia , where the same broadcast was showing on the TV there, the entire place exploded into laughter..

"OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE!"laughed Gary...
''A BAD B-MOVIE!"laughed Ms. Yvette.
"You think they'll catch whoever bombed his car?" I asked.
"No...The bombers are probably in Atlanta by now."laughed Bee Bee, having no idea how accurate she was.
"Oh My God...Aye Mios Dios!"laughed Sofia..
"The man is too much!" said Kahlil.
"He's a sexist.. ' A Broad doesn't have that evil genius in her DNA to do this..I'll bet I do." scoffed Jade, who couldn't stand Lt. Tragg..
"Hmmmmm...should I be investigating you Honey bun?" asked Lt. Danny Ho, her boyfriend and head of Robbery-Homicide.
Olivia cracked up laughing...
"Did you hear when Lt. Tragg said THE PERP WAS A PROFESSIONAL and B.L. slyly said which explains why you haven't been able to capture him." she said , spitting her coffee out...
"Yeah I caught that...B.L. covered that up well, switching the subject to whether a man or a woman did it."said Donnie Ray.
"Yeah, that was hillarious..Nelson and I fell out.."laughed Beverly...
"Oh Man , that was classic." laughed Nelson..
"My sides are hurting." said Josie.
"Mine are too!"laughed Bresha.
"You guys are going to get in trouble..He's going to  walk in here and catch you laughing at him."said Kayla., who was eating with her husband, Ray.
"You know I don't care." said her husband, Ray.

"And Don't you start."said Jazzy to her husband, Dabnis , a constant foil of Lt. Tragg.
"I could care less if he comes in here."said a defiant Dabnis.
"That was a funny interview and I agree with Jade.. He is a sexist pig." said Jessica.
"Heads up..Here he comes."said  Chip..


Lt. Tragg strutted in with three uniformed policemen , who sat on all sides of him as he ordered his breakfast....He saw us all and he heard the snickers and outright laughter and chuckles coming from our respective tables and booths...

He stared at us and said.

''When I catch this guy and I will, if any of you guys defend him, it's going to be all out warfare in here..Do I make myself clear.?" he bellowed.


"ARTIE!!! LEAVE EM ALONE OR GET OUT!!  They are lawyers for godsakes...They are going to do their jobs... Now it was peaceful until you came in here..Don't start!"said Sam Mother sternly..


Dabnis paid him and his wife's bill..

"When and if you ever catch this person...I'll defend him or her pro bono...That means for free." snarled  Dabnis.


"I'll knock you the hell out!" said Lt. Tragg...


"Uh Uh Uhhh they'll be no more violence." said Ms. Yvette, who was paying our bills..
''Catch whoever did this first then worry about who is defending him or her.."said Olivia softly..
"Jazzy ,come get your man." she said softly...
"Thank you Ms. Yvette, Liv... Come on Dabnis...What am I going to do with you?" asked Jazzy..
''Anything you want.....In Bed.."laughed Dabnis squeezing her behind.


Jazzy blushed... "Ouuu  stop it...Oh My goddd...I've awakened a sex monster." she said, laughing..

II-


We were back in the classroom at Penn.

"Well today is day 17 that Bobby Atwell has been missing.. Today is also my last day lecturing you guys..I know most of you will be glad of that." said Ms. Yvette.
"Not me..I'm actually going to miss you..." said Gabe, smiling and looking at Yvette, Bee Bee, Sofia and Jade.. he thought they were the most gorgeous, sexy ladies he had seen in awhile..





He was aroused by all four of them....
Daryl felt the same way about them too...

"This was eye opening and enlightening." he said, trying to sound professional.
"Well we are glad you got something out of it..I can't wait to see you practicing in the courtroom."said Bee Bee to him, which made him blush.
''We hope we have taught you a little something about how a criminal defense attorney operates..Although we are sorry it had to be under these circumstances."said Sofia.
Jade was silent...She just looked at the two guys..
"I understand Gabe you have gotten yourself legal counsel.. That's a good move."said Kahlil.
''And you have too Madison..Not a bad idea.."I said.

"The police have visited the four of us , bringing up the same concerns you guys did.." said Madison almost apologetically...
"Yeah, well, I know I didn't kill him...I won't miss him..But I didn't do anything to him..Nor did I want to." said Natalie.
''Well, today I'm going to bring up a few things my investigator found and we'll be through with this."said Yvette.

"You're investigator is as good as the cops , if not better." said Natalie.
"Yeah, what's your story babe?" asked Gabe.

"I'm a former Homicide Detective.. I served many years as a Homicide Detective for the city of Tokyo, Japan, where I'm originally from...I worked with the Criminal Investigation Division of the Philadelphia Police Department and your FBI and ATF and I fell in love with America..I resigned and moved here and these attorneys helped me get my citizenship and I agreed to work for them as their investigator." said Jade.

"Wow!" said Darryl.



Lt. Tragg walked in...He was angry as usual..

''Lt. Tragg what are you doing here?" asked Ms. Yvette.


''Despite the fact that my very life is in danger....I've been told to investigate the disapearence of this law student...Atwell...I'm here to question these guys." he said.

"Jade pass him your notes...If you'll just be patient Lieutenant...I'll hand you over your killer." said Yvette.


"Oh DO TELL?" he said.
Jade reluctantly passed him our notes...

"Just read it!" she said.


"This ought to be worth a laugh." he said and sat down in one of the chairs , and folded his arms without glancing at our notes..

''Here we go!" I said.
"This is where it all comes down." said Bee Bee.
"I imagined a more civilized ending."said Sofia.
"Yeah, so did I." said Kahlil.

III-


Now things got tense and the curtain was about to fall on the real killer.

"Madison, we know you didn't leave the library from the time you got there until Midnight...We know that...but we know you gave Gabe the keys to your car.." said Bee Bee.
"He said he was going on a food run and he'd bring me something back...So yes I gave him the keys." said Madison.
"That was at 6:15...He didn't return until 9:00 pm...That was some food run." said Sofia.
"I told you I went back to my dorm to uh get something...and I saw a few guys and we got to talkin and time got away from us."said Gabe..
''Remember the other day when you told me I couldn't prove that you did otherwise? Well that bothered me..It bothered Jade too." said Bee Bee.
"We went back to your dorm and we questioned everybody...You came back and you left after only being there for a half an hour and nobody saw you again until after midnight.."said Jade..
Kahlil showed some photos...

"These are Street cam photos of you driving Madison's car....They were taken at around 7:30 pm at
Penns Landing... Your father owns a small Yacht at Penns Landing..  You aren't caught again until 
8:00 pm... You took her car to a car wash and detailing place and had it washed and detailed...You're quite a guy...Your credit card receipt shows it." said Kahlil.


"You were at Jake's at 8:45 pm and you returned Madison's car at 9:00 pm...We know because you parked it two blocks away and she got a ticket..."I said.

"Yeah, I was mad because I got a ticket and I was famished, waiting for him to come back with the food."said Madison.


"I told all four of you...That there really isn't any perfect murders...just murders that don't get solved..I also told you that all killers make mistakes.. You covered your bases well Gabe...The police will find no forensic evidence in your car , nor on Madison's since you had it detailed...But having a car detailed in the middle of the week is suspicious...and driving to Penns Landing to your father's Yacht for seemingly no reason is suspicious too... You know what I think? I think you stopped by Bobby Atwell's house and you bludgeoned him to death with an object yet unfound... You wrapped him up in plastic perhaps and you drove him to your father's Yacht at Penns Landing and dropped his body in the river, along with the murder weapon and then you took Madison's car to get detailed and washed, So there would be no forensic clues like fingerprints and DNA and then you got food and returned her car...All from 6:15 pm until you were next seen at 9:00 pm...One only knows what you were doing in between that time..You gotta think...If I'm coming to these conclusions...The Police are way ahead of me.."said Yvette.
"That's a nice story...but it's just a story..."said a now angry Gabe.

"Why did you kill him? It was Natalie wasn't it?  You really loved her...You were too macho to tell her..Bobby kept getting in the way didn't he?  He wouldn't leave her alone ,would he?"I asked softly..
The mention of Natalie's name seemed to trigger him..

"HE COULD HAVE ANY GIRL HE WANTED...WHY'D HE HAVE TO HAVE HER??? I TOLD HIM TO LAY OFF...BUT HE WOULDN'T...HE WOULDN'T....HE JUST KEPT ON!.... I AINT SAYIN NOTHIN ELSE!!! I WANT MY LAWYER!" he screamed out...tears flowing profusely....







The room was silent...Natalie, Madison, Darryl, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil were stunned...

I felt like deep down inside, he wanted to confess that he'd killed Bobby Atwell...He hated him the most out of all of the students.

"That enough Lieutenant?" asked Ms. Yvette.


"Works for me....Uh Can I take your notes...I'm certain the Assistant District Attorney will want to see them." he asked.

"Sure." said Yvette..


"Thanks Vettie...I owe you one." said Lt. Tragg. "Officers!" he said.

Two uniformed officers handcuffed Gabe Cataldi and read him his rights... They walked him out...



Dean Winters had observed the entire thing ..He walked up to Ms. Yvette.

"Excellent Job Mrs. Jones-Lockwood..You are an excellent lawyer and you have trained these youngsters quite well...You guys are more than welcome to return here and lecture at any time." he said.

''Well next time it'll be on divorce law or torts..Not Criminal Law."said Ms. Yvette,laughing..

''Wow after two weeks with them in this classroom...I'm ready to go to court." I laughed.
"You charmer you....If you had laid a little of that charm on me in law school, you might have had me a lot sooner."laughed Bee Bee.
"You don't know how close you were Keith...She really had a thing for you."laughed Sofia.
"I don't know about you guys...but I could go for a cold one right now."said Kahlil..
"Me too and I'm not driving tonight."laughed Jade.


IV-
"Natalie...I know you hated my guts...but, we had to do what we had to do... I see you being a brilliant Assistant District Attorney or scratch that, A District Attorney one day.." said Yvette, hugging Natalie.
"I didn't hate you Ms. Yvette.. I actually admire you and I want to be like you one day, Mentoring other young lawyers. But thanks for your projections though." said Natalie, who managed a few tears...
"I'll never forget you and what you taught us  about preparation and getting a good investigator."said Natalie, managing a smile.
''And Madison..Sorry to ambush you like that....but I knew you would lead us to Gabe and Gabe would kind of give himself away.... I knew he was the killer all along.. He was the one who asked me about how to commit the perfect murder.."said Ms. Yvette.
"You are so brilliant.. I want to be just like you when I graduate.."said Madison, hugging Ms. Yvette.
"Your associates are so lucky to have a cool boss and mentor like you."said Madison, who hugged Ms. Yvette.
"And you Darryl with your sense of humor and quick mind are going to be a great criminal defense attorney one day..."said Ms. Yvette, who hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thank You Ms. Yvette...I'll never forget you." said Darryl..

"I'll never forget you guys either." said Ms. Yvette as she gathered her briefcase and her roller

and headed towards her car...



EPILOUGE-


After a sensational trial, Gabe Cataldi was convicted and sentenced to 25 years to life for the murder of Bobby Atwell.  He never confessed and to date, Bobby Atwell's body has never been found...


ADA Diane Baranski prosecuted the case... She initially didn't want it because Lt. Tragg was the arresting officer, but the notes he gave her were accurate, surprisingly accurate...She didn't believe they came from him..but they helped her prosecute her case and get a conviction..

"I'm sorry we haven't located the body..We've had divers searching the river for days."she told the press conference.

Lt. Tragg stood next to her , slyly putting his arms around her hips...She kept moving them...and bragging..

"He's one of the coldest killers I've seen in quite awhile." he said....


There was no jeering this time..No brawl..After all it appears he had cracked a major case...For once..At any rate, he wasn't going to let anyone forget about it for awhile..


Ms. Yvette treated us to the thickest New York Strip Steaks available at Curley's and 


the Dryest Martinis available at Curleys..

"Mmmmmm this looks good.."I said.
"Yes, it's delish."said Bee Bee.
"I love it." said Jade.
"Thank You Ms. Yvette." said Sofia.
"Yes Thank you Ms. Yvette." said Kahlil..
''Thank you guys for being the best staff any girl could ask for.." said Ms. Yvette..


Gary raised a glass.


''A Toast to enduring mysteries...To the mystery of where Bobby Atwell's remains are and to the identity of the person who bombed Lt. Tragg's car." he said.

We all busted out into gales of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment