Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Circle Of Deceit


 Ms. Yvette went home that night, tired and weary...


When she got inside , she saw Gary waiting for her..

"Hey...You look as frustrated as I am... I hit nothing but brick walls today...I'm getting nowhere in this stupid petty lovers feud investigation..." said Gary... "I really wish I could put this aside and move on to a real case..."said Gary, who hesitated...but enough about me....I made some of that tea you like..You look like you could use it as much as me." he said and passed it to her..
She smiled and sipped it slowly...It was hot.

"Gary..I tried to do something good and it went sideways...Remember when I was lecturing those kids at Law School last week? One of them asked me a question...They asked me had I ever heard of a perfect murder..I said that most murderers make a mistake, I admitted that there was a lot of unsolved murders, but I said that with advances in today's forensics....The Body tells you who the murderer is and isn't..ergo if I were going to commit the so called perfect murder....I'd get rid of the body...It was all hyperbole...A Hypothetical situation...Well guess what? One of my students has turned up missing..He's been missing for five days...A lot of blood was found near his house...but no sign of him...His car is there, His wallet, His house keys and his car keys...No movement on his bank or debit cards..." sighed Ms. Yvette.

"They can't put that on you....You were in an informal lecture, you were asked a hypothetical question and you gave a hypothetical answer...it was all Hyperbole...That's not your fault.."said Gary before Yvette stopped him..

She kissed him softly..


and slowly began to take her clothes off...



she slipped into something more comfortable..

"Gary, make love to me..." she whispered..

''All those years when I used to try to hit on you in Josies and you'd turn me down...I dreamed of hearing you say those words..."Gary whispered..
'Well you aren't dreaming now."whispered Yvette as she 
kissed him and he ran his hands down into her panties..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Garrrrrry, ouuuuuuuuuuu baby you feel so good." she cooed softly..

 She eased herself down on him,

Her legs stradling him and began to move up and down, slowly on him...Gary was nearly delerious..
Yvette had baby soft skin and her skin and her hair smelled so good...even after a day of work...and her kisses were butter soft...

"OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYGODDDDDDDD!" he moaned..


He lifted her up and long stroked her...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDDDD, GARRRRY! OUUUUUUUU!" she moaned loudly...


They finally made it to the bed...Where for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS they were engulfed in each others bodies, making sweet, sweet love..

Yvette's legs began shaking violently and her head turned from side to side...She was sweating profusely.....She was having an intense orgasm...Which made Gary cum like a gusher...



It was what she had needed after today....She held Gary's head in her arms as he slept..She looked at him and smiled..

II-


TWO DAYS LATER-





The four students Ms. Yvette had lectured. Madison McClean, Daryl Cross, Natalie Townson and Gabe Cataldi. They sat in the classroom smiling and bewildered...

Across from them sat Ms. Yvette and the five of us..

''Hello...Bet you never thought you'd see me again or at least not so soon.. I have some people I'd like to introduce to you... These are my associates.. I supervise them at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt and they just like you hope to be one day  are all graduates of the PENN LAW SCHOOL."said Ms. Yvette.
"I'm Attorney Keith Jones.." I said.
"I'm Attorney Beatrice Evans-Jones, his wife.."said Bee Bee.
"I'm Attorney Sofia Garcia-Ahmed.."said Sofia.
"I'm Attorney Kahlil Ahmed."said Kahlil.
"And I am Jade Lee, Investigator." said Jade.


For the next few days we are going to show you how real attorneys ask questions and get to the bottom of a situation by using and comparing facts....They are going to be asking you guys questions." said Yvette.

''Asking us questions?" asked Madison.
''Questions about what?" snarled Gabe Cataldi.


"Well we have a mystery....Last time I was here...There were  five of you guys..Today there is only four...One of you...Bobby Atwell is missing and has been missing for seven days...They found a massive amount of blood...Identifed as his blood in his garage...and a broken beer bottle but little else..
His car was in front of his house with the keys in the ignition and his wallet, containing money, credit and debit cards were found in his house. There has been no credit card or debit card movement for seven days..He hasn't been to class and no one has seen or heard from him... He may be dead...He may not...If this is some kind of stunt..I assure you the dean has informed me that the perpetrator or perpatrators will be expelled immediately...  Me personally..I don't think it's a stunt..I think Mr. Atwell is no longer amongst the living and I think one of you four people is responsible." said Ms. Yvette, no longer smiling and deadly serious.
"You got some nerve accusing us of killing Bobby...Why...Why..Why we don't know for sure if he is actually dead!" snarled an angry Gabe Cataldi.


"Chill Man, unless you got something to hide." said Daryl...


"Yeah...do you?" asked Natalie..

''Well as it turns out , all four of you have something to hide and a motive.." I said.
"Bobby was not the most liked person among you...He was Brash, Ride, Arrogant, a bit of a bully at times." said Sofia.
"He was a bit of a womanizer..."said Kahlil
"And he was not part of the group...the Clique."said Bee Bee.
Jade smiled, but said nothing.

"For those of you who will go on to graduate and pass the bar and become lawyers one day...Keep this in mind...Always align yourself with a good investigator..They make the difference between winning a case and losing one..Remember that!" said Yvette, smiling at Jade, who had dug up facts about all of the students..


III-

Gary was meeting with U.S. Attorney Aida Jackson.

''Gary Lockwood!!! Yvette's Husband!!! How are you?" said U.S. Attorney Aida Jackson..."Sit down, have a cup of coffee with me... What brings you to the U.S. Courthouse?" she asked.

"Actually I'm here to see you...Nothing super serious...just part of my routine investigation."said Gary.
As they sipped their coffees.

"Routine Investigation?" asked a puzzled Aida.
"Yeah....Uh I don't know if you're aware...but a few weeks ago some pretty racy photos of U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums and Assistant District Attorney Cheryl Drake ....The photos were sent to the significant others of both Todd Dellums and Cheryl Drake."said Gary.
''So Todd has a new woman in his life...I'm Happy for him...I-I don't know this Cheryl Drake Person..
No...I didn't take any photos of Todd....I haven't seen him in awhile...I've been busy...I'm getting married in a few weeks and I'm....I'm pregnant!" said Aida.
"WOWWWW!!!! That's great!!! I'm sorry to bother you Aida...I just had to ask everyone involved with both parties...So far I've got nothing....and no clues as to who is behind this.." said Gary.

Lt. Tragg just happened to be in the courthouse dining facility and had overheard the entire conversation...

From a distance , he saw Todd Dellums and his girlfriend, Natasha Smith



enjoying a passionate kiss by the door...

He was furious that he had failed to break their relationship up...
but he done a number on ADA Cheryl Drake...Her engagement was broken up, she wouldn't be resigning from the D.A.'s office to go and live with her new husband and be a partner in his prestigious  law firm in Washington D.C. , she was forced to take her home off the market and had tried to comitt
suicide...Afterwords , she had taken an indefinite leave of absence from the D.A.'s office..

He had fixed her...That was for damn sure...


He laughed and walked off..

Gary saw him walking away out of the corner of his eye and began to think...about the other night at dinner and what Jade had jokingly said..

"I think it was Lt. Tragg..."said Jade. She was joking.... "He hated them both...They both complained to the Deputy of Operations and Captain Cantrell and got him put back on that boat...He hated them both." laughed Jade.


All of a sudden it didn't seem like such a joke...It didn't seem so far fetched at all.


IV-

We sat in Curley's Bar that afternoon...



Between the six of us...We were split between Corn Beef Specials and Roast Beef Specials..

''Did you see the look of pure dread on their faces when we said all of you have something to hide?" laughed Bee Bee.
''All four of them looked the cat who swallowed the canary?  Hey Ms. Yvette...You think they all had something to do with it?" asked Sofia.
"It is a possibility...but my gut tells me it was just one.....And we'll find out as we start questioning them and checking alibi's and motives." said Ms. Yvette.
"They're like a car wreck...You don't want to look but you have to....I expected them to bolt and say they didn't want to take part in this...but all of em agreed to take part." I said.
"Because one or more of them thinks they're smart...Too smart to be found out.."said Kahlil.
"Kahlil is right...And they've already made one mistake...They left too much blood behind...That tips you off already that there has been some wrong doing. My contact at police headquarters already told me that there were only the victims prints on the broken beer bottle and no other DNA or Prints in the garage...The Blood is a match for his blood type and the DNA is definitely his...Other than that..Nada."said Jade.

"That's why you detectives call a "who done it huh Jade?" I said, laughing..
Jade laughed. "Yeah, but I don't plan on telling these four that." she said.
"In a weird kinda sorta way they remind me of your four guys....Of course with the exception that they're white!"laughed Ms. Yvette...

''We had an occassional fifth wheel that tried to break our little circle of four..."said Bee Bee.
"Usually some Horny guy who either wanted to sleep with me or Bee." said Sofia.
''And there was that one girl who wanted to sleep with Keith.."laughed Bee Bee.
"Oh yeah, I remember her...We don't talk about her much."laughed Kahlil..
''Let's not talk about her now." I said..


Kahlil, Sofia and Bee Bee broke out into gales of laughter...


"Oh wait, I want to hear this story...Dish girls...Dish!" laughed Ms. Yvette.
''Heads up.. We got company!" said Ms. Jade.

Lt. Tragg walked over to our table..

''Well Yvette and her kiddies... Haven't seen you guys in court lately.." he said.

''I've been lecturing at PENN LAW this week...My guys and gals are helping me...Since we all are graduates of PENN..."said Yvette..

"Oh uh how nice...uh Vettie...I uh hear your husband is investigating who sent those racy photos to Dellums and ADA Drake...He gettin anywhere with that...I saw him over in U.S. Court earlier today ..He looked miserable...I know he'd rather be doing real investigative work rather than being hemmed up with that Peyton Place nonsense."said Lt. Tragg.

"He's got one more day and if he still can't turn up anything...The D.A. has ordered him to lay it aside and move on to something else. I know He'll be glad..." said Yvette.


"I know...I'll be glad too..I-I-I mean I'll be glad for him...He's a cop...This is something you hire a P.I. for... or even better, one of your girlfriends..heh-heh-heh....No real cop wants to investigate something like this.." said Lt. Tragg.  He looked at our sandwiches... "Those are some pretty good looking sandwiches...Think I'll head up to the bar and grab me one.." he said , smiling and walked away...
"You know...I was joking the other night at dinner...but now...I don't know...I'm beginning to think that maybe he is the one behind this.." said Jade.
"Suddenly that doesn't seem so far fetched at all." laughed Ms. Yvette.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment