Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Eggs and A Dry Martini


 EARLY MORNING, TWO DAYS LATER-
"Ohhhhhhhhhhh" we both moaned as we kissed passionately...
"I know we have to get up and get dressed soon, but I need some more.." I moaned.
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" Olivia cooed softly...

Her panties and bra from last night were still on the night stand...I slipped her sheer purple babydoll up and entered her again..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I groaned as we began making sweet love...

It had been the first night we didn't have company staying in the spare room in two days and I aimed to make the most of it...

It was early morning!




"OUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEYOUUUUUUUUUU!" squealed Olivia with glee...Her legs shaking, her head turning from side to side..tears streaming down her face...
Olivia was easing down on me, moving up and down and kissing me softly...


We were making slow, smooth  and sweet love....Making the most of the little bit of time we had..


I was soon cumming so hard...my body was trembling....So was Olivia..We both were smiling


and continuing to kiss..

AN HOUR LATER!

Alfreda poured us two cups of coffee..
"You two slept a little later today huh?" said Alfreda, smiling a knowing smile and pouring us two cups
pouring us two cups of coffee
"Girrrrl, you know how it is." said Olivia, looking at me in astonishment almost and smiling wistfully..


 Everyone  else  present  and was waiting for us...With their coffees
"Gooood Morning Auntay, Donnie Ray!" said Beverly..
"Mornin Liv, Donnie Ray.."said Josie.
"Goood Morning Mr. and Mrs. Alexander." said Nelson with a knowing smile.
"Good Morning Liv, Donnie Ray...What's the move for today? " asked Bresha.

"I'm certain Lt. Tragg has someone tailing us..." said Olivia in Spanish..."So We all are going to the courthouse...You guys will be eating breakfast there , While Donnie Ray and I will slip out with the help of a friend, to meet a friend..When you're done eating..Come back here." said Olivia in French..



Beverly and Nelson understood her completely and wrote what she said on paper for Josie and Bresha.



who giggled...

I took Alfreda to the side and showed her the "Bug" Nelson and I discovered last night.. I told her to leave it alone until we had gone and then to smash it...

"Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to fool you, tall dark and southern.."laughed Alfreda.


I'd been a cop too long to not know when I was being tailed..


A car was on us as soon as we pulled off.. One of Lt. Tragg's men no doubt...


We parked in the indoor parking lot like we always did...





Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha got on the elevator and headed to the dining facility...

Olivia and I got in another car....Jazzy's car and we pulled off...With no tail.

"Thank you so much Jazzy for helping us." said Olivia.
"Yeah, I'll fill your tank up for you.."I said.
'Ohhhhh stop it you two...I was only too glad to help...Plus this is kinda fun."said Jazzy..

"My Sweet Jazzy!" said Olivia, smiling and hugging her former protoge'.


II-


Olivia and I went to the rooftop restaurant where we were told we could meet an interesting man...


A man known on the streets of Philadelphia as "Pink" a one time hood, now legitimate businessman..He owns a Seafood  store and warehouse.. He also trades in information...They say that if  "Pink don't know about it..It aint worth knowing."  In my years as a Homicide Detective...I've known a few like him...Always great to have someone on the street you could talk to that kept their ear to the streets.

"Heyyyyyyy So At last I meet the great Olivia Bennett-Alexander....Where is that fine niece of yours? I wanted her autograph." joked Pink.
"Awww, I'll tell her...She'll be tickled Pink...No Pun intended...She's doing something else for me today... I brought my husband, Donnie Ray...He's my investigator.." said Olivia.
"Pleased to meet you." I said.

"Likewise I'm sure... Jazzy here... uh Mrs. Coley says you guys are cool and if she says so, that's good enough for me." said Pink.


"You can call me Jazzy ,Pink...We go back." she laughed.

Pink knew Jazzy back from her days as Assistant District Attorney Jasmine Jenkins...Tough but always fair...She had done him a few good turns in his former life and he in turn had always given her and the cops working with her, good information.

"Jazzy says you're good, you're good...You guys had breakfast? Let's Order!" he said.

Olivia and Jazzy ordered  Citris Martinis.

Pink ordered a Dry Martini..

Jazzy, Olivia and I ordered omelettes...


Pink ordered Fried eggs....

This was an odd combonation I had to admit.. Eggs and a Dry Martini was an interesting way to begin the day..



"You're defending Natasha Smith, a model and D movie actress who is the latest plaything of U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums for the murder of her husband, Chandler Smith...

Chandler Smith owed money to damn near everybody...He liked to play the ponies and he liked to play cards...He was no good at either one..He took more than his 10 percent share from his wife and the other six models he was managing...He used that to pay off all of his local debts. Here and Atlantic City...but he owed a Vegas player, a cat named Rollie Fingers, 150 large...Last I heard, he had paid 75 large.... and you're in luck...Rollie Fingers is still in town.

Meet me in Josie's a night from now...That's where he hangs out and I can arrange a sit down with him..
I'll tell you this much..I don't think he killed Chandler..He had no reason to...Chandler paid him 75 large just two days before he died and was planning to pay him the rest when he could..I don't know how, he didn't have any more clients to my knowledge. " said Pink.
"His wife told us that he had some bad people after him that he was in debt up the wazoo, but you say he settled his accounts?" I asked.



"Yeah, he paid the Atlantic City Boys off and he gave Rollie Fingers 75 large..half of what he owed him two or three days before he died.."said Pink.


''What about anybody in Philly? He owe them?" I asked.


"Are you kiddin? Because of his reputation...Nobody in Philly would give him any credit or let him in on any action." said Pink.
"I'll talk to Rollie Fingers... I got a gig at Josie's anyway...but this means his death was something else.
Definitely Something else." I said.

"Well this certainly has been an eye opening meeting..Thank you Pink...It was a pleasure meeting you."said Olivia.


"Sorry I couldn't be of more help...but for what it's worth....His wife didn't shoot him...She aint the type..She doesn't look like she's ever handled a gun..."said Pink..

''That's exactly what I think and what I hope to portray to a jury."said Olivia.
Pink eyed Jazzy's
Half full Citris Martini.. All of us had finished our meal and our Martini's.. He looked at her..

"You can't finish that?" he asked.

"I can finish it just fine, thank you." said Jazzy..






The four of us busted out laughing......



"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST THEM?" asked Lt. Tragg..




"They all went to the Courthouse and completely vanished..I went in..There was no sign of them anywhere.. A little later I saw Niecey and her husband and the other two girls...but no sign of Olivia and Donnie Ray.




I followed those four back to their house.




Olivia and hubby were there when they got back...Also..They must have found the bug...I can't hear anything they're saying." said the Plain Clothes cop.

"Nuts...They must have found it...Damn it and gave me the slip...That Donnie Ray...he's as slick as canned grease." snarled Lt. Tragg.


III-


Josie's was hopping tonight..


It was packed...





Our friends, Jessica  and Chip, Olivia and Beverly's cousin, Kayla and her husband, Ray were in attendance.. as well as Dabnis and Jazzy..

"Sorry Pink couldn't give you any more information Liv."said Jazzy.

''You did fine Jazzy and Pink helped us eliminate a suspect at least partially."said Olivia.
''We gave Lt. Tragg's guy the slip today...Two times." said Beverly.
"We didn't want him to find our other eating place, So we went up to the floor where the dining facility is and then went right back down, got in the car and split..We had Breakfast and Lunch at Mabel Jenkins's Soul Food Joint.." said Nelson.
"His plain clothes guy was probably going crazy,looking in every courtroom for us"laughed Josie.
"You guys have too much fun."laughed Paris.
"It was fun."laughed Bresha.
Her boyfriend, Tony put his arms around her waist and hugged her...She smiled.

Yvette Jones Lockwood and her crew walked in and joined us at the bar...Our little group now took up the entire bar..A first..

"Heyyy Liv, Bev, everybody."said Yvette.
"Hey did one of you guys do something? Lt. Tragg is outside in an unmarked car and a plain clothes guy is in another car."laughed Gary , who picked up on both.
''At least he's not after us for a change."said Keith Jones.
"Knock on wood...I'm thirsty..." said Bee Bee.
"Me too!"said Sofia.
"Well let's get our orders in."said Kahlil..
"Hey everybody." said Jade Lee, who joined us.


"I'm going to have a lawyers night special next week, you're all invited ."laughed Gus, The Owner and head bartender.. He was just noticing that all the attorneys were sitting at the bar..


I was playing a set with my quintet.


After my second set was done.. 


Pink motioned me over to a Black man, sitting and drinking by himself..

''Donnie Ray..This is Rollie Fingers of Las Vegas." he said.

"Donnie Ray Alexander huh?  You play a mean trumpet....And you're uh Private detective on the side.. huh?" He asked.



I peeped your wife and her niece is that? Looks like her little sister...Anyway..to be close to all that good booty...I don't blame you...I'd work three jobs.." he laughed.


Pink and I laughed too.



"Look, I didn't kill Chandler...I liked Chandler...I would have broken all of his fingers maybe..but I wouldn't have killed him..How would I have gotten my money? He paid me 75 Large as soon as I caught up with him...In cash...I liked him...I told him we were square ,forget about the rest...And he paid the Atlantic City Boys off in full...I figured he was tapped out, so I let him off the hook..We were square..The night he was killed...I was at Aqua Bar of all places with a pretty young thing..You can check...Tomorrow I'll be back in Vegas...I've been here long enough as it is.. Chandler apparently had other problems he didn't know about....What they were, I don't know...but I wasn't his problem and that's the straight poop, ya dig?" said Rollie Flowers.


I had been a cop long enough and had interviewed guys like him long enough to know, he was telling the truth....We shook hands and I bought him and Pink a drink..


I waded through the crowd over to the bar..

I found Olivia..

"Heyy babe!" I said.
"You were great tonight.. I see you talked to Pink's friend huh?" said Olivia.
"Yup...Sure did..He's not our guy...Says he was in Aqua Bar the night of the murder, all night and that Chandler had paid him half of his debt and he cancelled the rest.  He said they were square..I believe him...I'm still going to check his alibi..but I believe him!" I said.

I took Olivia in my arms and began deep throat kissing her..


Outside ,across the street from Josie's...


"I can't go in there...I'd stand out like a sore thumb...What did you see in there? " he asked a Black plain clothes cop..


"He's in there...Sucking face with his wife at the bar...His set is over..I didn't see him with anyone else."said the man.


"Okay...Take off...At least I know , he hasn't done anymore than I have." said Lt. Tragg...who had interviewed the same 12 people, six of them , former clients of Chandler that I had and had actually gone back over the crime scene... The fact that no shell casings were found should have told him that he had the wrong person....but of course it didn't.. 

There was no doubt in my mind that this was a professional hit..

IV-



TWO DAYS LATER-



We met upstairs in Olivia and I's domicile for breakfast..

Everybody had Pancakes.
Hash Browns
Sausage
Orange Juice

and Hot Coffee..


"This is the best internship everrrrrrrrrrrrr!" said Bresha..


Alfreda, who had helped me and Olivia prepare the food and fixed the plates laughed..

"This is the best job ever." she said.

"Happy Employees, make productive workers."laughed Olivia.
"You have made working for you a joy Auntay." said Beverly, hugging her aunt.
"Here ,Here."said Nelson as we all chowed down..
"Oh yeah..I went to Aqua Bar...Rollie Fingers was there with a girl from 9:00 pm until closing...I checked his phone calls and his bank account and cards...His alibi checks out.. It wasn't him." I said.

''So something else was going on in his life...His death had nothing to do with any debts....Has to be something else."said Olivia.


"Another woman?? A love triangle??" asked Beverly..


"Exactly what I was thinking shortcake." I said.

"We need to talk to Natasha again...but , we are being watched...There is an unmarked cop car outside."said Nelson.
"I'm going to tell Rockland about this,." said Josie.



"They don't know me that well...I could talk to her, find out some things." said Bresha.




I turned...so did Nelson, Beverly, Josie and Olivia..

Bresha smiled... "Huh? What?" she laughed.

"That means you just talked yourself into a job girlfriend." laughed Alfreda.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment