Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Big Fed

 

What a day to come back from being off...a Friday, but we were back at work and in our office..We hadn't been here in 15 days, since we began building a case against Cynthia Biddle.

We sat in the office and listened attentively as Ms. Yvette explained to us what type of  juror we wanted to pick and how we were going to go about this..

"And that is it.. We are done here...You guys are basically finished..We can go home after lunch...Be reading for the Preliminary hearing on Monday...Federal District Court." said Yvette.
''Wowwwww this is going to be different.." I said,.
"I'm excited....I can't wait.."said Sofia.
"Mom would be proud." said Kahlil.

"Look who we brought in with us.."said Bee Bee
as she and Jade came in with coffee..





Greg Garland walked in with an envelope...

"That lawyer, Lynn Strong met with me last night in Curley's ...slipped me an envelope..Ten Million to drop this entire thing.." he laughed.. "I told her to drop dead!" he said.

''She gave us the same offer...Ten Million to split amongst us six...I told her I'd speak to you..Now that we have your answer, let's proceed." said Yvette, smiling..


II-


MONDAY MORNING- PHILADELPHIA'S FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT ,Nicknamed "BIG FED"


"Wowwwwwww this is something else...Not what I'm used to.."said Sofia..


"I knowww right? Look at this.."said Bee Bee...



We brought in seven boxes of files...the bulk of our cases..


"Ever try a case in this courtroom Ms. Yvette"asked Kahlil, who was in awe of the whole thing just like Bee Bee and Sofia.
"Once...but it was years ago...They've remodeled this courtroom since then..It didn't always look like this.." said Yvette, who smiled ,looking at her young charges and how excited and in awe they were..
Had they not met her, they probably would have never seen the inside of this courtroom..She was happy for us..



Jade and I walked in and sat down next to Ms. Yvette and the others and Greg Garland came in last..

He stared angrily at Attorney Lynn Strong and Cynthia Biddle.

"They turned down our offers."said Attorney Lynn Strong..


"Unbelievable... Twenty Million dollars and they turned it down... I'm not offering a penny more...Cretins, all of them....Pass me the doziers on them.." said Cynthis Biddle..

She looked at the doziers.



KEITH JONES-

Born in Philadelphia PA. 

Mother, Nancy Jones, Court Stenographer

Father, Judge Keith Morrison

Graduated from West Catholic High School

B.A. Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Howard University

J.D.- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French, German

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York.

Associate Attorney- McCluskey/Cozen/Connor/Pratt

Married to Beatrice Evans



BEATRICE LYNN EVANS -JONES

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy ,Pre Law- Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Deleware

Associate Attorney- McCluskey /Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Keith Jones

SOFIA CARMELITA GARCIA-AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. -Administration Of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law-Temple University

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish and French

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York

Associate Attorney -McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Kahlil Ahmed...

KAHLIL ABDUL AHMED

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Central High School

BA.- Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre Law- Temple University

JD- University of Pennsylvania Law School

Speaks Arabic languages fluently, fluent in German and Russian.

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York

Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt

Married to Sofia Garcia




YVETTE DENISE JONES-LOCKWOOD

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from North Catholic High School

BA-Trial Advocacy, Pre Law, Administration of Justice -Lasalle University

JD -University of Pennsylvania Law School

Fluent in Spanish, French and Russian

Passed Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware and New York

Senior Associate Attorney-McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt


"Wellll, the little cretins and their boss are well educated little cretins and they work for a highly touted law firm...Mr. Garland has hired some killers...I can't believe they waded through all of those files in that short period of time and built any kind of case against us...They must have had help.." said Cynthia Biddle.
"From what my investigator was able to ascertain, they put together a team of at least 11 or 12 other attorneys and three investigators to build this case.. They worked at an unknown location though..."said Lynne Strong..

They saw Jade whispering to  Yvette and Greg..


and she looked curious..


"Who is the Asian Chick?" asked Cynthia Biddle.
"Her name is Jade Lee...She's a Chinese Immigrant, Naturalized U.S. Citizen..Was once a Homicide Detective in Tokyo...Moved to the U.S.  Apparently Yvette Jones-Lockwood and her four young Attorneys helped her get her American Citizenship..She's worked for them ever since as their investigator."said Lynne Strong.


"Crimminy..."said Cynthia Biddle in exasperation...

The Judge walked in...He looked stern, no nonsense..I didn't know him...

"Ms. Yvette , You familliar with the Judge?" I asked.
"No, I know his name is Robert Crater and he is a Republican." said Ms. Yvette.
"I know him...He's tough, but he's fair.."said Greg Garland..


"Shit!" scoffed Cynthia Biddle.

"You know the Judge?" asked Lynn Strong.

"Yesss, I slept with him many years ago...Our relationship didn't end well.."said Cynthia Biddle.


"Don't worry about it...It was years ago.."said Lynn Strong.

III-

Because this was a civil case and not a criminal case it was somewhat different.. Voir Dire began immediately before the arguments..
"Yvette, I love your guys, You know I do...but don't you think they're in a little over their heads facing that shark...Lynne Strong? She's a heavy hitter, a killer..
"I trust my people...You hired us to represent you...You have to trust us too! I trained those two myself..They can handle her."said Yvette.
"Alright Yvette..It's just I know Voir dire is one of your strong points...I expected you to take this one."said Greg.

"Sit back and relax Greg."said Yvette.


Kahlil and I knew what kind of juror we needed for this case..


So did Lynne Strong, a corporate heavy hitter who was a veteren of these trials.

We went tit for tat, back and forth over jury selection...and in the end, we got 7 of the 12 jurors we wanted to her five.....It was a narrow victory.

"Wellllll, I am impressed...Your guys are the truth...When I was their age and that new, I doubt  if I would have been that cool under pressure, facing a killer like Lynn Strong." said Greg Garland.

"I told you"said Yvette...




Flanked by Bee Bee and Sofia....Ms. Yvette opened up the argument before the Judge saying that she planned to link Cynthia Biddle to the financing of far right extremists as well as the six now deceased extremists who murdered an Assistant U.S. Attorney, who was the fiance' of the plaintiff...
Attorney Lynne Strong argued that these claims were baseless and she dared us to prove that Ms. Biddle even knew any of the six now dead white supremacists indicted in the murder of AUSA
Tessa Greenleaf...

She did not deny any of Cynthia Biddle's political beliefs and public stances...but argued that as an American Citizen..she had a right to her beliefs and should not be persecuted for them...


Yvette argued that she wasn't being sued because of her political beliefs, she was being sued for financing dangerous ,seditious ,Right Wing Extremists who murdered an African-American Assistant U.S. Attorney...

''Ohhhh for the love of Pete..Woman, you're a liberal fool who caters to the liberal agenda!" snarled Cynthia Biddle loudly, angrily staring at Yvette..
''And you fund terrorism and murder.!!!..What's the matter, you left your hood home today?" asked Yvette..

"Ohhhhhhhh well I never!" scoffed Cynthia Biddle..




We all laughed and clapped.....
"That's tellin her Vettie."laughed Greg looking angrily at both Cynthia Biddle and her Attorney Lynn Strong.



"OHHHHHHHHHHHH, CRETINS!" scoffed Cynthia Biddle..


"ORDER!!! ORDER IN THE COURT....ATTORNEY Strong, ATTORNEY LOCKWOOD!!!...I do not intend to have a media circus in my courtroom....I will not tolerate these kinds of outbursts from either side of the aisle...Is that understood.??? .I will not hesitate to hold any one of you in contempt is that understood?" said Judge Crater.

"Yes your honor" said Attorney Lynne Strong..


"Yes Your Honor!" said Ms. Yvette...


"Alright...Trial begins Monday Morning at 10:00 AM, be on time and be ready for trial."said Judge Crater , slamming down his gavel.

IV-

Ms. Yvette and Gary sat in Curley's Bar that afternoon having a quiet dinner..

"I lost my cool today...That makes two times...I've always trained my guys to keep their cool and yet one time I lost it, I wound up in the cooler for a night and today I lost it again...I let that witch bait me into responding.."sighed Yvette..
"Heyyyyyyy you're only human babe..One can only take so much!  How'd you like Big Fed?" asked Gary..
"Big What?" asked Yvette..


"The Courtroom, The Federal Courtroom...They call it "Big Fed" said Gary...
"Oh...it's a nice modern looking courthouse...The city courthouse could use some of it's modernization.."said Yvette..
as their meals arrived..Chicken and Shrimp Pasta.

Lt. Tragg walked in..

"Yvette! wellllll Long time no see...Where have you been?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Awww, You  Missed me? We are trying a case in Federal District Court.."said Yvette..

"Ohhhhhh Big Fed!" said Lt. Tragg..

"Told You they called it that."said Gary.


As the night lingered on..


Bee Bee and I relaxed  in our home..

"Wow, what a day today....This trial is going to be off the chain.." she said..

"Ms. Yvette let her have it ." I said, smiling..
"Didn't she though?...Wowwwww!" laughed Bee Bee..

I motioned to Bee Bee to come over to me..

"Why don't you come over here and let me have it?" I asked her ,smiling raffishly..

Bee Bee was there with a Night gown on that came to her hips and was very sheer....My eyes nearly popped out of my head..
  " Hmmmm ,look at you....I guess I should uh let you have it!" she laughed.
 I suddenly had a huge erection...Which she noticed...She giggled....

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu….Look at you! Ouuuuuuuuuu!" she said..and giggled...

I motioned for her to come to me again...
 "Ouuuuuu, just look at that thing..I'm about to get it.Ouuuuuuu!"she said as she walked straight to our bed......She stared at me again...

"WOW!" she said and laughed...
 "Mmmmmmmm..... Hot Stuff!" she said..kissing me softly as we fell on my bed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuu ....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd!" she moaned as I entered her softly..

"You always make me happy!" I said..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" she said.
 Nothing like good lovemaking at the end of the day...to really put you to sleep I thought as we began making sweet love and my bed began to squeak out of control...
 12:00 midnight...Next door.,Sofia
and Kahlil were making sweet love
 He had her undressed and had her on top of him, riding him like a surfer rides a wave within minutes..

"Ouuuuuu Papi, I couldn't wait.." she said..

"I couldn't wait either.." he said..

"Ummmmmmmmmmm, this feels soooo goood papi..." she moaned..



"Yesssss ouuu yes it does.." he said..

"Ohhhhhhhhh papi...." she said softly...

"Yessssssss...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." he moaned..
as they made sweet love....



Gary and Yvette walked toward their home..


"You're going to meet with your guys on Sunday??Wow, you really are on edge about this trial." said Gary...

"I am...We need to be sharp...On point Gary...Jade is still out there investigating..We aren't totally ready, but we've got to go on..We've got to put on as good a show as we can to give her cover until she's finished..I want to give a good show.."said Yvette..


"You will baby, you will !" said always supportive Gary..

They kissed under the moonlight..


(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments:

Post a Comment