Thursday, August 20, 2026

Sins Of A Father

 

      


Olivia Marissa Bennett-Alexander

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law, Trial Advocacy -Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Louisiana, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender, -Philadelphia PA.

Worked for Bach and Roach LLC, as Associate Attorney

Founding partner-Alexander & West , Attorneys at law..

Divorced- Elwood Barnes..,Corporate Attorney 

No Children, two miscarriages..

Married-Donnie Ray Alexander

Beverly Cheryl West-East

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Trial Advocacy, Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Louisiana, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender,-Philadelphia PA.

 Founding Partner-Alexander & West Attorney's at Law.

Daughter of Olivia's Older Half Brother, James West... Olivia's Niece

Married to Nelson East.

Nelson Sean East

Graduated, West Catholic High School-Philadelphia PA.

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law- St. Johns University, New York City
Psychology Minor...

J.D. -St. Johns University Law School, New York City..

Passed The Bar , New York, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, Texas, California 

Speaks Spanish , French and Russian Fluently...

Worked as
Public Defender, -Philadelphia PA.

 Associate Attorney at Robert Foxworth and Associates.

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law.

Married to Beverly West

Donnie Ray Alexander

Born and Raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Educated in New Orleans Public Schools..

Associates Degree- New Orleans Community College-Administration of Justice, Pre Law

Homicide Detective, New Orleans Police Department, Retired.

Principal Investigator, Alexander and West Attorneys at law-Philadelphia PA.

Married to Olivia Bennett

Also a semi-professional musician

Josephine Boyd

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Raised in Red Hook Section of New York City 

Bachelors of Science, Architecture from Fisk University

Master in Business Administration- University of Pennsylvania.

Para -Legal -Alexander & West Attorneys at law.

JD- Drexel  University -The Thomas Kline Law School..

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware, New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney-Alexander & West, Attorneys at Law, Philadelphia.

Married to Paris Boyd


Bresha Billips

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice,/ Trial advocacy /Pre Law- Lasalle University, Philadelphia PA.

J.D.- Middleton Law School, Bayside ,Pennsylvania.

Passed the bar, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, New York, California.

Speaks Spanish and French Fluently...

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law...



THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY-WILLIAM SWIFT-



Assistant District Attorney William Swift looked at his laptop....He was going to be facing us... He knew us all too well, from his days as a Homicide Detective until his days in law school at night and taking the bar five times before he finally passed it...He remembered Olivia had been one of the first people , not a policeman to congratulate him.... He bore no ill will against her or her people..but he had a case to prosecute and he intended to do it..

He looked up the man he was going to be prosecuting for a brutal double murder, Attorney Harvey Bailey. He found it hard to believe he was capable of such.


HARVEY BAILEY-

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Roman Catholic High School, Philadelphia PA.

B,A,- Administration Of Justice/Trial Advocacy/Pre Law-St. Joseph's University

JD- Yale University

Passed the Bar in Connecticut /Virginia/Maryland/ Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York/ Deleware

Associate Attorney at Baskin and Barr & Associates, Richmond ,Virginia.

Associate Attorney at Stevens and Jurguson, Washington, D.C.

Associate Attorney - Bach & Roach, Philadelphia PA.

Assistant District Attorney, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Public Defender, Willmington, Deleware

Married to Felicia Nelson

Private Practice- Bailey and Marcus- Philadelphia PA.



Lt. Arthur Tragg, who he used to report to when he was a detective walked in.. He had coffees..



"Hi ya Billy, how's it going? Turn that laptop off, Have some coffee." he said..

"This case looks open and shut Artie, but you know we are up against Olivia and Beverly and they'll look for any and every opportunity and loop hole to rip this case apart..,.I want you to go over everything with a fine tooth comb Artie...We don't want any surprises..."said ADA Bill Swift.


"Relax Billy relax...I'm on top of it...I'll have my men go over everything...Now drink your coffee." said Lt. Tragg.


It wasn't so much he wanted to win this case, but he didn't want to lose and look like a fool, like so many other ADA's who had worked a case that Lt. Tragg had brought in.


And at our Office/Duplex-

In our law library, Beverly, Josie and Bresha were doing their research.... Studying Crime Scene photos, Traffic Cam Photos, Looking over witness statements, Street Cam Photos...Photos from the Bank camera across the street, Autopsy reports on both victims..looking at their phone records and their bank and credit card records as well as researching any laws and predicates that had to do with this case and like laws of cases like this. They wanted no surprises..
"I'm glad this air conditioner is finally kicking in..."said Beverly.




"Yeah this is tedious work....and it was a little warm in here for awhile." said Josie.





''We are building something here."said Bresha.





Alfreda walked in...she placed three Gourmet Cheese Burgers from the Food Corner, six blocks away on the table in front of the girls

"Take Five Ladies!" she said.
and a pitcher of Guava Punch with three glasses next to them...

"Ohhhh Thank you Ms. Alfreda....This is just what the doctor ordered ." said Josie.
"Thank you Mommy!" said Beverly, hugging and kissing her mother.
"Thannnnk you Ms. Alfreda."said Bresha.

"Oh you're welcome...Now I have to go next door and take care of my son in law." said  Alfreda.

Nelson was giving Attorney Daniel Bristol a crash course on juror selection...
He was picking eligible jurors by race, political orientation, level of education, age, sex and anything else that made them stand out..
Daniel was absorbing everything like a sponge.
"Take Five Boys....I brought some nourishment..."said Alfreda.
Putting two juicy Mouth watering Gourmet Cheese Burgers in front of them....
and a pitcher of punch and two glasses..
"OHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU MS. ALFREDA!" said Daniel....
"THANK YOU MRS. C." said Nelson.

"You're both welcome." said Alfreda, who considered them all "Her Babies".

And In our conference room, Harvey and Kyra sat across from Olivia and I...I think they sensed that we knew something. Something they hadn't bothered to inform us of.








II-


"Olivia , you uh called this meeting with the two of us...Is something wrong?" asked Harvey.


"No but I want to make it clear that if we are going to represent you...Everything should be out in the open...For instance...I know that you were representing James Wilson...the former Judge now on death row...  That's your business...Your case... We are representing you in a completely different matter, it just would have been nice to know...Transparency has always been a thing with me."said Olivia.

''And Kyra, we know that James Smith is your Biological father." I said.


"You are a good Investigator. I found out in January...I had been searching for my biological parents for years...After the deaths of my foster parents, who were very loving and very good to me...I had to know if I had any other family."said Kyra.


"Did you know that your biological mother was 15 when she got pregnant with you??...16 when she gave birth....She wanted to keep you, but Mrs. Wilson, your biological grandmother forced her to put you up for adoption...She paid your Foster parents quite a bit of money, including the trust fund that paid for your college education at Rosemont and Lasalle.....She wanted her son's reputation kept sterling...He finished college, went on to law school and had a successful career....Your biological mother drifted to drugs and went through depression and committed suicide at the age of 39. I just thought you should know that." I said.

"I did not know that.... I found my biological father's name amongst records my Foster parents kept locked in a Strong Box, when I was cleaning out their house after the death of my foster mother.  My Foster father died a few years back. I did some further research and found out he was once a Judge and now on death row for the murders of his wife, her lover and the guy who helped him discard the bodies. I went to visit him in prison and he told me a completely different story....Said my mother put me up for adoption against his family's will..Told me he had been railroaded into prison by Political Operatives who were frightened of him becoming a federal judge and going after them.  He said he didn't kill his wife and her lover or that other man.. I believed him....I hired H.Stanley Stanlison to look into his cases.... He failed in Appellate Court eight times and dropped out.  I hired Harvey, my boss and my mentor and he has also failed...Eight appearances in Appellate Courts...and a failed argument in State Supreme Court..The Governor is going to set an execution date."said Kyra.


"Kyra ,your father is not the man he has pretended to be...He is a lying manipulating sociopath and he murdered my uncle back in 1971..."said Olivia.

"WHAT? Neither of us were even born" said Kyra.


"That's right...we weren't... My Uncle, Elroy Bennett was my father, Alvin Bennett's , younger brother..He beat your 13 year old Father in a swim competition...He was found in the pool with his head bashed in a few hours later..  There was no witnesses...No witnesses who would talk...and the pool was emptied and shut down, police were paid off to lay off the case....The Police and a Private Investigator brought the case back up and he was tried and convicted of my uncle's murder. Your father was a privileged and entitled little boy who has never been held accountable for anything. Your Grandmother protected him then, just like she protected him when as a 20 year old , He got a 15 year old neighbor's daughter pregnant...That was your mother." said Olivia.

"Your grandmother had him evaluated by a Psychologist in 1975, when he was 17....It was determined that your father was a sociopath.  Your grandmother kept that report buried....She didn't want to believe it." I said. 
"Oh My God!" said Kyra.



"It's all true Kyra...All of that came up yesterday at the State Supreme Court Hearing.....I didn't know either...I'm so sorry Olivia."said Harvey....


"That's alright....I just wanted everything out in the open...My people are still working on your defense.
James Smith is your client."said Olivia.

"WAS MY CLIENT!! THERE IS NOTHING MORE I CAN DO FOR HIM!" said Harvey Bailey..."I'm sorry Kyra." he said.


"No Need, My Father isn't the first man who has lied to me." said Kyra.


"Kyra, DNA doesn't determine your destiny......You're not like your father at all...You're a good person, a good lawyer...You were a school teacher...Don't let who he is...define you...Be a better person than he could have even imagined.."I said.


"Thank You.."said Kyra, shedding a few tears...


Olivia hugged her.


III-

At the end of the day...

Everybody had left for the day....Beverly and Nelson told Alfreda she could leave and that they would clean up.

"Well, We've finished cleaning up." said Beverly quietly...  

"Yeah!" said Nelson as he dimmed the lights...


"Mmmmmmmmmmm you want a kiss?" asked Beverly...


''I want more than that." laughed Nelson..

"I figured as much." laughed Beverly...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BEVERLY, YOU SMELL SO GOOD AND YOUR SKIN IS SO SOFT!" said Nelson as he took her in his arms and kissed her slowly and softly....

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, You have soft lips too and I love kissing them" she said as she kissed him softly... 


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned as she continued to kiss him passionately....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GIRLLLLL!" he moaned..

Nelson reached up under Beverly's short skirt and

 slipped her panties down...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" she cried out, her legs shaking..


He sat her on the desktop, parted her legs and entered her slowly....With all of the pretty women around him all day such as Josie and Bresha and even her Aunt Olivia...It was nice to know that she captured Nelson's full attention.

She was wet and soft and smelled great,like a newborn baby...Nelson didn't know if he was coming or going...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…talk to me zaddy, is it good? " she cooed softly as her legs began to shake.

Her head moved from side to side....tears streamed down the side of her face...Her body began to tremble.. She was having an intense orgasm....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  OH MY GODDDD NELSON!!!!!OUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed...
holding on to him for dear life....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Ohhhhhh  YESSSSSSSSS!" he moaned...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I SEEEE..."she moaned softly......

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDD GIRRRRRRL" Nelson moaned. 

"TALK TO ME BABY...DO YOU LOVE ME?" she asked. 

"YES!!! YES...OH YESSSSS!"moaned NELSON..who didn't know if he was coming or going... 

"Because I LOVE YOUUUUU TOOO!!! OUUUUUUUUUUU!!! .I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND! OHHHHHHHHHH!!!" she cooed...and once again got emotional and began to cry as Nelson thrusted faster...

Her head moved from side to side....tears streamed down the side of her face...Her body began to tremble.. She was having another intense orgasm....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  OH MY GODDDD NELSON!!!!!OUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed...
holding on to him for dear life.

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS SLIPPED BY!

A nice cool summer breeze blew tonight...

Beverly and Nelson stood outside, getting some fresh air and holding hands..


"WOW!  That's the longest we've ever spent in there ,doing that..." she said.


"Yeah I know, I just couldn't stop......We should go inside and try and get some sleep." said Nelson...


"Yes, we should." said Beverly...


They kissed a little longer...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned as she continued to kiss him passionately....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GIRRRRRRL!" Nelson moaned..

They walked upstairs and entered their domicile...
Where they fell upon the bed, once undressed and got a nice comfortable sleep...

"UMMMMMMMMMM!" Beverly moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH" moaned Nelson.


The next night all of the gang went to a restaurant in another part of town that I hadn't been to in two years... BARKLEY'S BEEF AND BREW .I knew the owner Teddy Barkley... Lots of lawyers and politicians hung out here..Many a deal was worked out here over a cold beer and a hot roast beef sandwich I'd heard. 

He was glad to see so many of us...He was going to make a lot of money tonight..  
"Heyyy Donnie Ray, Olivia...Thanks for coming through." he said.

We had 42 people with us....He had a whole section roped off for us...The place was packed tonight.. Daniel Bristol and his girlfriend, Alexa Pratt were with us tonight...so was Toni Robinson and Eric Sellers..

It was a Thursday Night... Couples night at Curleys...and another Thursday Night when we all weren't there.

"This is a nice change for a Thursday Night husband," said Olivia.
 
"Yeah, I thought everyone might want a change." I said.

"Thanks for inviting us Aunt Olivia." said Daniel , who had been studying Juror Science under Nelson and had been spending a few days with us.
"Thanks for inviting us.." said Alexa.

"Heyyyy you're family...The girlfriend of my play cousin is a friend of mine."said Beverly...
"You are so cute...Play cousin." laughed Nelson...

"We are!" said Beverly, smiling...
Daniel smiled too! And he hugged his other "Play Cousin" Kayla and kissed her on the cheek.

Kayla giggled...


"These Beers are nice and cold....They hit the spot." said Josie.
"Yes they do!" said Paris.

"I heard they make great open face Roast Beef sandwiches here."said Bresha.
"Here comes a waitress... Let's put an order in."said Tony...

"I'm with you..." said Alfreda.
"I've been here before, Many times... Lots of Attorneys and Politicians hang out here...Many a deal was worked out here over a cold beer and a hot roast beef sandwich I'd heard. " said Rockland.


 They had great hot open faced roast beef sandwiches and beers...






We all put our orders in...

 "Ummmmmmm these Roast Beef sandwiches are delish." said Yvette.

"Yessssss, they are.."said Gary.
"Ummmmmmmmmm I'm glad you all invited us out with you tonight.." said our friend, Attorney Toni Robinson...

Out with her boyfriend, Eric Sellers, who was chowing down on the Hot Open Faced Roast Beef sandwiches..


"You know I remember debating who had the best Corn Beef and Hot Roast Beef sandwiches.,
Curleys or Sam Mothers...But I think the Hot roast Beef sandwiches here has them both beat."said Keith Jones.
"I agree." said his wife, Beatrice...
"Ummmmmm Aye Mios Dios...This is sooooooo good!"said Sofia.
"YESSSSS!  I'm glad we got invited out to here tonight."said Kahlil.
"Olivia and Donnie Ray know the best places."said Sofia.

"Don't they now?"laughed Danny Ho.



"UMMMMMMMMMM THESE SANDWICHES ARE DELISH!" said Virginia.

"I've been here before, Many times... Lots of Attorneys and Politicians hang out here...Many a deal was worked out here over a cold beer and a hot roast beef sandwich I'd heard. " said Jetty.

 






 


 "Ummmmmmm these Roast Beef sandwiches are delish." said Jazzy.
 

"Yes and this beer is just as I like it....Cold and cheap..."said Dabnis..

Kayla busted out laughing ,while chowing down on her Hot Roast Beef Sandwich....
"Well he aint lying....The Beer is good and cold...just like I like it...And these Sandwiches are slammin."said her husband, Ray...

"How's my other play cousin?" asked Daniel, hugging and kissing Kayla.

"She's just finnnnnnne." laughed Kayla.

"AYE MIOS DIOS.....This is sooooooo good!"said Jessica.


"YESSSSSS!" agreed her husband, Chip...

"Oh this is a  great Thursday Night retreat....We can go to Curley's one week, come here the next week."said Karen..

''And while it's still warm go to that rooftop bar with the pool." said B.L.
"YESSSSSSSS!" said Natalie.
"Works for me." said David..
 "Ummmmmmm these Roast Beef sandwiches are delish." said  Brooke..

"I see you're having yours with Mashed Potatoes, I'm having mine with French Fries."said Sean.

"I'm having mine with Mashed Potatoes too!" said Zoey.

"This Beer is good too...I love American and Foreign Brews." said Lem.



"Oh Yummy, they have Onion Rings."laughed Renee.


"This place is alright." said Tyrell.


"Yes it is!  These Sandwiches are delicious.." said Lee.

"Just like you.." said Matthew..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" said Lee, blushing....


"You two are so cute and you're right...These Sandwiches are delish!" said Nina...



"Ummmmmmmmmmm delicious...and the french fries and the onion rings...Oh My God!!!!"said her husband, Carlos...





Harvey Bailey walked in...He saw us eating Hot Roast Beef sandwiches and drinking beer.


Harvey Bailey was a surprise guest this afternoon...

"Well Hello....I didn't expect to see you guys here." he said.
''We wanted to do something a little different ,so we brought our whole crew out tonight.."said Olivia.


"This is one of my favorite haunts....Lots of lawyers and politicians hung out here..Many a deal was worked out here over a cold beer and a hot roast beef sandwich." said Harvey...


"That's what I've heard...." I said.

"How is Kyra?" asked Olivia.



"She'll be alright...She said she had to pay her father one last visit...To say goodbye.." said Harvey...


As we all chowed down and quaffed our beers...



IV-

PHOENIXVILLE STATE CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION-
DEATH ROW VISITOR ROOM-
"I'm very disappointed in you..,.That lawyer you sent me...First he gets himself arrested for murder...You get him out of jail and he still fails me again at the State Supreme Court.. I'll pick the next attorney." said James Smith.

"You'll have to do it with someone other than me.. I'm done
....I've picked two good attorneys...
H.Stanley Stanlison and Harvey Bailey and they both went to the Appellate Courts eight times each on your behalf to get your convictions overturned and to get your sentences lowered and the courts turned them down flat and you know why? Because you are guilty...Guilty of 4 murders...You didn't get railroaded....You just managed to allude punishment for years... Now for the first time in your life , you are going to be held accountable for all of your crimes...First time Dad! You lied to me and you manipulated me...but no more....I see you for who you really are...You're a monster...and even though I'm your flesh and blood... I no longer want anything to do with you...Goodbye dad!" said Kyra as she got up..


"NO!!! NO!!! KYRA, I NEED YOU!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!,
I DON'T WANNA DIE!   I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!! THE JUDGE HAS SET MY EXECUTION DATE!! I DON'T WANNA DIEEEEEEEE!!" he screamed as the guards grabbed him kicking and screaming back to his cell...
I DON'T WANNA DIE!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!,
I DON'T WANNA DIE!   I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!! THE JUDGE HAS SET MY EXECUTION DATE!! I DON'T WANNA DIEEEEEEEE!!" he screamed...He was a far cry from the man who once wielded so much power and who terrorized attorneys and defendants alike..


Kyra could still hear him screaming as she walked out of the visiting center..

"KYRA!!! YOU'RE MY DAUGHTER...YOU CAN'T LET THEM DO THIS TO ME!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!,I DON'T WANNA DIE!   I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!! THE JUDGE HAS SET MY EXECUTION DATE!! I DON'T WANNA DIEEEEEEEE" he cried... He looked and sounded so pathetic.

His voice grew faint the further she walked away....

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments:

Post a Comment