Thursday, December 14, 2023

Midways


BROOKE KENNEDY- MARKS

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from Hallahan Catholic High School for Girls.Philadelphia PA.

B,A,- Administration Of Justice/Trial Advocacy/Pre Law- Lasalle University

J.D.- Middleton School of Law, Bayside,PA.

Speaks Spanish/French and Russian fluently.

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania/New Jersey/New York/ Deleware

Law Clerk for Pennsylvania's Chief Judge of Appeals, Carter Baum

Trial Attorney for U.S. Department of Justice's Anti- Trust Division, Washington D.C.

Married to Attorney Sean Marks, A Trial Attorney for The U.S. Department of Justice, Anti Trust Division. 

DIVORCED after two years. No Children.

Public Defender's Office-Philadelphia

Assistant District Attorney- Philadelphia Districts Attorney's office.

Married to U.S. Attorney Sean Marks




Staff Attorney-WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT\




NATALIE JEAN TENNISON-CHARLES

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from The Philadelphia High School for Girls,Philadelphia PA.

B.A.- Trial Advocacy/ Pre Law/Administration of Justice - Temple University

JD-Georgetown University Law Center

Passed the Bar in Virginia/Maryland/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Deleware / New York

Associate Litigation Attorney at Akin/Gerard/ Jordan/Hester & Field

Public Defender's Office- Philadelphia

Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia

 Staff Attorney - WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT

 Married to David Charles.



DAVID KEITH CHARLES

Born in Philadelphia Pa.

Graduated from Simon Gratz High School, Philadelphia PA.

BA-Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre-Law- Temple University.

JD- Temple University School of Law

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania/New York/Deleware/New Jersey

Speaks Spanish And French Fluently..

 Public Defender- Philadelphia PA.

Single, No children

Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia District Attorneys Office.

Staff Attorney -WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT


MARRIED TO NATALIE CHARLES.


THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY FREDERICK STOCKTON- TUESDAY MORNING!


"These Guys again..." he said... He had faced us before...The Bellamy Case...Losing that case had left a bitter taste in his mouth..He was studying this case hard...The Tony Hinson case...If it was the last thing he did...He was going to send this guy back to prison to finish his life sentence...He turned his laptop off..




He looked over his other cases...This one got top priority....Largely because of the attorneys involved..


Lt. Tragg walked into his office...

"Freddy Boy....I heard you caught this case....This Tony Hinson Case." he said.



"Artie...I heard you were on the Marine Boat...What are you doing here?" asked ADA  Frederick Stockton.


"I took the day off...I read in the paper that Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit got his 2015 conviction tossed out..." screamed Lt. Tragg..

"Yes they did, but I'm going to put him right back in prison.."said ADA Frederick Stockton.

"Stay On it! I'm going down to their office and give them a piece of my mind." said Lt. Tragg..


"Artie, do you think that is wise?  Just let it go... Let me handle it...Don't go down there...What good would it do?" asked ADA Frederick Stockton...


''Don't worry...I got this!" said Lt. Tragg, as usual, not listening to sane advice.


That's exactly what did worry him...He smelled alcohol all over Lt. Tragg.. He watched him leave and sighed.


Lt. Tragg actually came to our building...


He came to our suite.. No one was there...Karen and B.L. were still on their honeymoon and we hadn't bothered to open up the office today....




All three of our offices were empty.....and locked.

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS....THEY AREN'T IN...." he fumed...His phone was vibrating in his pockets..

"OH WHO THE HELL IS THIS?" he asked himself.


It was the Deputy Of Operations...

"ARTIE!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU TODAY? WHY AREN'T YOU ON THAT BOAT??" he asked..

"Sir, I heard about the Tony Hinson case.. His conviction was tossed out...That was one of my old cases...I was just at the D.A.'s Office...Now I'm down at Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity-" explained Lt. Tragg..

"FOR WHAT????THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU NOW!!!! GET YOUR ASS BACK ON THAT BOAT AND JUST FOR THAT, I'M ADDING AN EXTRA DAY....NOW GET YOUR ASS ON THAT BOAT AND DON'T LET ME HEAR OF YOU BEING IN THAT BUILDING  OR THE D.A>'s OFFICE AGAIN!! FOR ANYTHING!!" yelled the Deputy of Operations..



"YES SIRRRRRRRRRRRRR SIRRRRRRRRR!" bellowed Lt. Tragg, who rushed out of our building without seeing a soul and headed for the Marina.


We were a floor above him in Ms. Yvette's suite...  Brooke, Sean, Natalie and I were doing our research
with help from Paris and Jessica and Chip....

''We are almost ready to go to court...We got so much done these past few days." said Brooke.
"Yes we have..." agreed her husband Sean...
"Tonight is the arraignment..." said Natalie.
"I contacted the Bail Bondsman...The one Olivia and Beverly use , just in case." I said.


"Then you guys are all set." said Paris, who was helping us and learning a lot.
"You guys have all of your bases covered..."said Jessica.

"And barring any late monkey wrenches....You're all set." said her husband, Chip.



They had a media room like Olivia and Beverly's... Keith and Kahlil helped Natalie with picking potential jurors for the trial.

"You want younger more educated jurors...on this one Nat."said Keith Jones.

"Jurors who aren't uh  Older Law and order types...Jurors who aren't ,I hate to say it ,Middle aged and white." said Kahlil..

 "I totally get what you're saying...Jurors can be funny...As we all well know." said Natalie.


Only Bee Bee and Sofia were working in their offices...on other cases







Jade was out looking up witnesses for us..



Virginia had located a good Firearms expert and was sitting in with us, looking over the original trial transcripts and helping us locate mistakes the Judge and Prosecutor made...We really appreciated the help we were getting.

Ms Yvette supplied us with lots of coffee..




It was a great group effort..






II-


NIGHT COURT- Just a few hours later.

In Philadelphia, Night Court only operates two nights a week....Tuesday and Thursday, Tonight was Thursday...and fortunately...We got an arraignment date of 8:00 pm. 


The Judge in this case would not be the Judge in the actual case....

Lt. Tragg was not there... Neither was ADA Frederick Stockton...Night court was too low profile for either one of them....No witnesses...No media..and a bunch of  Judges  and ADA's who were mostly older Judges and ADA's about to retire...It was lightweight. It was in session from 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays...We were quite fortunate to get a date.

The ADA that did show up was not going to be the ADA that tried the case...He had only the basic out line of the case at hand... He basically wanted to go home...So he didn't really put up much of a fight.

We presented 10 charactor witnesses , all from Tony's old job in Bayside...They remembered him fondly...




We argued our case sparingly......



The Judge released him on $2000.00 bail....No ankle bracelet....


Michelle Hinson, Tony's sister, paid the $200.00 fee...


And our Bail Bondsman did the rest....


"Oh My God!!!!" said Tony....

For the First time in seven years , he was a free man.... He breathed the night air in deeply...


"Thank you guys...Thank you guys sooo much.." he said, hugging Brooke and Natalie..

"You're so welcome." said Brooke.
"You're so welcome.."said Natalie..

and vigourously shaking Sean and my hands....
"You're welcome...Keep a low profile dude.." said Sean..
"We'll talk to you in the morning.." I said.



"I can't thank you guys enough." said Rick Madewell...It was the first time we had seen him since the fight in the bar, Thursday Night..


"Baby Bro, you're staying with me tonight..."said his sister, Michelle..


"WHAT? I THOUGHT!!" said Rick...

"YOU THOUGHT WHAT? This is my brother...He's staying with me tonight! I'll see you tomorrow."said Michelle.




Sean and I looked at each other and smiled..

''Well, he won't be getting in any panties tonight." whispered a snickering Natalie to Brooke.
''And after all he did to make this happen." snickered Brooke to her good friend.


We all left court and headed home...Once again...We had been successful.

Tender was the night!



Once at home...Natalie took her heels off and I helped her unzip her skirt..

''What a day....I'm as horny as hell.." I whispered in her ear...

She giggled that cute giggle of hers... "So What else is new?...When aren't you as horny as hell?" she said.. slowly and softly rubbing the crotch area of my trousers... Her eyes got as big as saucers...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LOOK AT YOUUUUUUUU!!! MYYYYYY GOODNESSS!" she laughed... "I guess you aren't lying.." she laughed...


"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I guess I'll have to take care of that, huh?" she asked, continuing to laugh....."OUUUUUUUUUU IT's SO DAMN BIG!" she said.
We continued kissing...

and I took her bra off  and  I slipped her panties down..




"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  GIRRRRRRRLL!" I cried out.
We lie on the bed kissing and smooching like two teenagers....
I turned Natalie over and entered her slowly...She was so damn soft, smelled like a newborn baby and so wet....

"Ummmmmmm I'm not the only one who was horny as hell.." I said and laughed..

"I never said I wasn't." she said....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned as we began to make love....
"OUUUUUUUUU STOP LOOKING SO,,,SO.....HUNGRY..." she said...

 I laughed out loud....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU FEEL SO DAMN GOOD! I told you I was gonna eat you up..." I said.


"SO DO YOU!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! TAKE ME!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYY GODDD DAVID!" she moaned as we began making sweet love..

And Next door....
"Vanilla, you have no idea how bad I want you!" said her husband, Sean.....

"Judging by the size of that bulge in your trousers, I think I do.....Oh My Goddddddddddd Sean...WOUUUUUUUUUUUUU, how does your boxers contain all of that?" Brooke asked.

"I don't know.....They do quite well until I'm around you..." he said...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I had to stand in front of you at lunch today....or else everyone would have seen you....My goodness Sean.Do I get you that excited?" said Brooke, devouring his lips...

"YES......YES YOU DO!" said Sean...

"OH MYYYYYYYY!" exclaimed Brooke.




He slipped her panties down..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm, Vanilla, you have no idea how bad I want you!" said her husband, Sean. again.......

"I'm right here for the taking baby!" she cooed...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned.

They lie across the bed, kissing each other passionately...
before he turned her over and entered her warm, soft and wet center......

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM VANILLA!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DADDY, YOU FINNALLY GOT WHAT YOU WANTED HUH?" she cooed.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, FINALLY!" he said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AND I'M GETTIN WHAT I WANT TOOO!! OUU!" she cooed.
And soon they were making sweet love...just as we were...


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  THIS IS SOOO DAMN GOOD!" he moaned.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! OUUUUUUUUUUUUU LAWDDD!" she cooed...

And for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS....the beds in both of our homes were getting a good workout.




III-



We met at a local bar in Tony and Michelle's neighborhood. THE ATLANTIC BAR , Natalie liked this bar too! 

The Beers were cold and cheap!




"Wow ,thanks for meeting me here guys..." said Tony..


"How's it feel being a free man?" I asked..


"Oh My God!  It is wonderful....I wake up, when I feel like it...I go to bed when I feel like it..Nobody saying "lights out gentlemen.." Last night,I sat on my steps and talked to some old friends I hadn't seen in years..we talked until well after midnight...Man , it was incredible...This morning....I watched the sparrows singing outside my window....I rode the Broad Street Subway into town...I-I couldn't believe it...The little things you take for granted." said Tony...He swigged on his glass of beer... "I haven't had a beer in seven years....It feels good going down." he said.


"I know that's right! and  we want to keep it that way...Your trial date is in a few days..."said Natalie.


"We're ready...We found a good Firearms instructor, that will be heard and that has a good eye this time... We located several people from your old job who will testify to your whereabouts during both killings and we have the murder weapon, which is being tested again to make sure it is the murder weapon...."said Brooke.



"So I got a shot huh?" he asked... He seemed to need to be reassured...


"You've got a better shot than you had seven years ago..."said Sean..

''Which was no shot at all, considering the two monsters who put you in prison ,that Judge and that ADA..." said Brooke.



"We want you relaxed and ready for trial..And the good thing is...The third monster , the idiot who arrested you is out at sea on the Marine Boat and will miss the entire trial..." said Natalie.

"Good Because I couldn't stand to see his face...I'd want to punch it in..."said Tony...



"Somebody already beat you to it..about a week ago." I said..
''Wanna See it??...We filmed it!"said Natalie.
She showed him her phone...She had filmed the fight between Lt. Tragg and Rick at Curley's Bar, the week before..

Brooke howled with laughter...

"Oh My Godddd!"laughed Tony...


Sean and I cracked up laughing too!



Out on the River...

Lt. Tragg sat sipping some hot  soup from one Thermos...





and Hot coffee, laced with Irish Whiskey from another... He stayed semi high most days to keep from focusing on the upcoming trial coming up that he'd have absolutely no part in...He had just read that Tony Hinson was Free on bail, walking the streets again, this made him so angry, he could hardly contain himself...He couldn't go to the Bridge Building again, nor could he go to the D.A.'s Office..There was nothing he could do and he hated this.



IV-



THURSDAY NIGHT- CURLEYS BAR- COUPLE'S NIGHT!




Drinks were flowing...Two free drinks for every two drinks a customer ordered..... It was on this night that Boss Lady, Newly Married Boss Lady and her husband returned...
"HIIIII GUYS!! WE ARE BACK!" said Karen....
"HEY EVERYBODY!" said B.L. , who had a sheepish grin on his face....

"HEYYYYYYYYYYY!!! WELCOME BACK!" said Jazzy, hugging Karen...
 
"WOWWWWWWW! CANCUN HUH?? LOVELY WEATHER THERE!!!"laughed Jazzy's husband, Dabnis..
"I know you hated to come back to this damp and cold overcast weather.." said Kayla, also hugging her..
"Well Welcome back anyway..." said her husband Ray....


"You picked the best night to come back, "Couples Night" said Jessica.


"Yeah the drinks are cheap and the beer is cold..." said her husband, Chip.

''Heard you guys took on a new case and are ready to go to trial Monday... Just can't stay out of trouble can you?" she laughed.. "Lieutenant Tragg left three very drunken, angry messages on my business phone at the office and on my personal phone telling me to call you guys and tell you to shut this case down.."laughed Karen...


"He did? Oh My God, He's a deranged fool." said Natalie...

"We haven't seen or heard from him the entire time you've been gone." I said.

"And we weren't looking for him either.. At any rate...we'e been up to Stanga Prison, fought and won a case in State Appellate court and are all set to go to trial on Monday." said Brooke.
"I've been helping them out."said Brooke's husband, Sean...
"You look good girl...You both look good..Welcome back." said Zoey...

"Yes, welcome back." said Lem.

"WELCOME BACK!  Wasn't that long ago, You and I were coming back from our honeymoon."said Renee.
"I know...." said her husband, Tyrell.

 "WELL HELLO KAREN, LOOK AT YOUUUUUUUU, HI B.L." said Yvette, hugging them both..

''Welcome Back, Both of youse." said Gary. Yvette's husband.
"Heyyyy Vettie Girrrl" said Karen, hugging her good friend..
"You guys been staying out of trouble?" asked B.L.

"You know us, perfect angels." joked Keith Jones.
"I've been a perfect angel."joked Bee Bee.
"That's not what I hear." joked her best friend, Sofia as both women laughed...
"We've been as good as possible..No new case right now."said Kahlil.
"Hi Guys, Welcome Back.." said Jade..



"WELCOME BACK!! BOTH OF YOU!" said Danny Ho...

"HEYYYYYYYYYYY!!! WELCOME BACK!" said Ms. Virginia, hugging Karen...



''Welcome Back ,both of you." said her husband, Jetty. 

"HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, WELCOME BACK GIRLIE!" said Olivia Bennet-Alexander, hugging Karen and spinning her around..."Hey B.L. Welcome back!" she said.

"Heyyyy Livy Girrrl" said Karen, hugging her good friend.. She Olivia and Yvette had been friends since law school...They graduated together and took the bar exam together.
"Hey Liv!" said B.L.
 
"WELCOME BACK GUYS!! YOU PICKED A PERFECT NIGHT TO RETURN...COUPLES NIGHT!" said Donnie Ray.


"Where The drinks are cheap and the beer runs cold all night long." said Beverly, smiling..
"WELCOME BACK BOTH OF YOU!" said Nelson...

"HI MS. KAREN...OH MRS. KAREN NOW!" joked Josie.

"WELCOME BACK BOTH OF YOU!" said Paris.
"Hiiiiiii, Welcome back!" said Bresha.
"WELCOME BACK BOTH OF YOU!" said  Tony.

"HEYYYYYYYYYYY!!! WELCOME BACK!" said Alfreda..




"The Best thing about tonight is..Hating to bring up his name... No Lieutenant Tragg...He'll be on that boat until after the New Year Thank God and even then...He's banned from here indefinitely I hear, Curley is still angry about the Broken Tables and chairs from that fight... "said Rockland.



"I heard he paid the dry cleaning bills for the six people who got splashed with beer.." I said.

"He has insurance, which paid for the broken tables and chairs.. I believe it was two tables and six chairs...What a mess." said Brooke.


"I see why Curley banned him from here indefinitely..." said Natalie.

 

"Hey Natalie look!" said Brooke, pointing..

On the other side of the bar, Natalie's ex-boyfriend, Former Assistant District Attorney, Rick Madewell and our client's sister, Michelle Hinson were kissing passionately like two teenagers in the corner..

"I'm as horny as hell.." he whispered in her ear...
''What else is new? UMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!! I guess we can go to your place after we leave here." Michelle cooed..
They continued kissing..



"Unlike last time, I suppose he'll be getting into some panties tonight." mused Natalie..


"Oh No Doubt!" laughed her good friend, Brooke as the two women high fived each other.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)

2 comments:

  1. I remember this guy, this ADA...His Father committed suicide while he was in Law School...He has a big chip on his shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He won't be getting into any panties tonight." said Natalie.. " I know and after he did so much to make this happen." said Brooke. Funniest line in the story...I love these two.

    ReplyDelete