Wednesday, September 6, 2023

The Additional Fingerprint


 A Pretty normal morning in the lives of working attorneys...We had had breakfast to start the day off 


and now were downstairs at work..


In our law library...in the adjacent building... Beverly, Josie and Bresha were doing their due dilligence, Legal research of this case... They knew that the best prepared attorneys , were the attorneys that usually won a case and they planned to be prepared..

"Josie, how is Paris managing his new schedule?" asked Beverly. Paris had begun law school at Middleton School of law in Bayside..

"Just great...He attends school on Tuesday and Thursday....and He takes classes virtually on Monday, Wednesday and Friday....his job allows him time for school..." said Josie.


''When I went there, I attended classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday....Tuesday and Thursday I was off."said Bresha.

''Did you have a job? Kayla ,Jazzy and I worked at one of the department stores downtown at nights after we got off..."said Beverly...

"I worked too, on my days off at a Dry Cleaners when I was at Fisk in Atlanta and a drug store, when I was at PENN working on my MBA....Of course when I was in law school...I was working here..."said Josie.


"Tony and I had a job at Covington's Warehouse in Bayside...  Tony also waited tables at Pancake Pantry....I had a feeling he liked me then, but we were both too busy to move on it ." laughed Bresha..

"Paris has the best job of all, He's already working at a law firm." said Josie.. "He takes the car...I obviously don't need it." she added..


The girls laughed as they used their laptops and tablets and looked up laws and predicates in the law books..

and sipped their coffees....



Next door in our "Media Room.."

Nelson worked dilligently on looking at potential jurors and studying the breakdowns I had done on each one...Their education, jobs, political beliefs, finances and which way they might sway in a possible Capital Case... He was a whiz at Trial science...



While I talked to my friend and fellow investigator, Milton Lewis...
"I did some digging like you asked Donnie Ray and in all of those cases...Tragg hired Private Investigator Bert Vandenberg.....Dabnis Coley, B.L. Benz, Todd Dellums, former ADA Cheryl Drake the likes.. and soon afterwords, Nasty photos of these men and other women turned up in their significant others mailboxes, some mailed, some not... Cheryl Drake nearly committed suicide...remember? Her fiance broke off the engagement and the cushy job she was supposed to get in D.C. was off the table.
I hear she's in Atlanta now. In all these cases...Bert Vandenberg was under Tragg's employ... Of course...he's not going to tell us anything you know...He doesn't have to and Tragg certainly won't...but it is more than co-incidence that each time he had a run in with one of these people.. photos of them showed up where they weren't supposed to be...And it's the same now...Up until last week, Bert Vandenberg was in Tragg's employ again and these photos of Gary Smith wound up with the court stenographer, The dead girl and ADA Jill Jones... I must say..He's been a busy man."said Milt.

Nelson cracked up laughing....

"With every coming day, I lose more and more respect for Lt. Tragg...He is petty and vindictive and everytime he pulls one of these stunts...Something tragic usually happens alongside it.. Now we have a murder...He's not responsible for that...But this stunt didn't help and now this poor man's life is in the balance and he could care less..."I said.

What we didn't know was that Lt. Tragg was in our conference room as we were speaking.

''SOOOO..Where is the rest of the crew???..I'm surprised to see you here by yourself....What? Did they have a mutiny? Heh Heh Heh?"laughed Lt. Tragg.

"You're becoming a lot less humorous by the minute...What do you want?" asked Olivia, not hiding her annoyance..and at the same time, not answering his question.


"The Location of Gary Smith for starters...and a word with your husband...That was a cute trick of his ,placing my trackers on four different cars...I didn't get home until midnight and I lost track of Gary Smith." said Lt. Tragg.

"Well then stop putting trackers on his SUV....Did you ever think of that? Why do you need to know where we go? I can tell you that Gary Smith is here in Philadelphia and I assure you, he'll be at trial on time, all of his appearences..Now unless he's been accused of committing another crime and you have a warrant...I don't have to tell you anymore than that...You're not going to harrass my client.. You've caused him enough grief..."said Olivia.

"And what do you mean by a crack like that?" he said..


"You know exactly what I mean...All of the cute photos of my client and various women arriving by mail at all of the residences where they shouldn't be...We know that was you....You used your henchman, Bert Vandenberg and his operatives to snoop huh?, peek through the keyholes of people's bedrooms and then mail photos from New York to take the scent off of both of you...Neat trick...You've caused my client enough grief...Harrass him anymore and we'll sue..."said Olivia.


Lt. Tragg looked like he'd swallowed a canary... He couldn't believe Olivia and crew had caught on to him so fast....but he knew they didn't have a bit of proof.. Still , he knew that they knew and if they knew, Gary Smith certainly knew...For the first time, he looked a little frightened. If somehow acquitted, Gary Smith could make big trouble for him...

Just then, all of us were coming into the conference room....Milt Lewis had already left....I was glad, I didn't want Tragg knowing that he had been helping us out...

"Oh Godddd He's here!  I was getting ready to suggest we go out for lunch." said Beverly.
Josie snickered.

So did Bresha.



''Speak of the Devil...We were just talking about you." said Nelson.

"Good Morning Lieutenant...What brings you here?" I asked, smiling sheepishly...
"Actually Nothing...As I was saying...Next time you come here, you'd better have a warrant or I'm calling the Sherrif...You're still under C&D.... Good Day Lieutenant!"said Olivia.

"Come On....I just fumigated this office...HIT THE BRICKS MANNNNN!" said Alfreda.


There was no long baleful stare...He left immediately....He was astonished that his little plot had failed and that they had caught on so fast....


II-



THE NEXT AFTERNOON, AROUND 6:30 PM

There was a knock at Gary Smith's hotel room door...He opened it and was very surprised..

"Welllllllllll I never expected to see you....How did you find me?" he asked.
It was Ruby Peterson , the court stenographer...

"I saw Olivia and her team in court today...


They were filing briefs in another case...

















When I got off for Lunch (court Recess) they took me to a nice rooftop restaurant and bar..

They treated me to a delicious meal and they talked to me...They told me about Lt. Tragg and his vendettas against people who cross him...They brought up other people who he has done this to...Had embarrassing photos sent to their significant others in attempts to discredit them....They told me to look at the time stamped dates on the photos....They all were taken before you and I agreed to go away for the weekend...They said they were sure one was definitely over (Jill Jones) and one was dead(Amy Rosenberg) so I should consider giving you another chance...After all they said...We aren't married and hadn't committed to an exclusive relationship yet...  They're good lawyers, all of them, very persuasive...
So against my better judgement...Here I am.. I know to keep your location a secret...

Did you know Lt. Tragg actually came in court and asked me if you had gotten in contact with me?  I
didn't answer him..I kept on walking.. He's a petty and vindictive little man...He's miserable and wants everybody around him to be miserable....

Oh...can I come in?"she asked...



''Oh Of course....Come in." he said.
"Thank You." she said.
"Look Ruby....Why don't we start over? Clean slate....All of those girls are the past...It's you and me baby...You and me....No One else... I swear.."said Gary Smith...She looked good in those tight jeans and that tight top that made her breasts look even larger than they were...


"I hope so.....I'm giving you a second chance and you are giving me a second chance too!" she said..


''Close the door!"he said raffishly....


" UMMMMMMMMMMMM!" said Ruby.....She closed the door and dimmed the lights!


as they began to kiss passionately...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my....Ouuuuuuuuuuu" she exclaimed...


 The kissing got hotter....

"You really missed me didn't you/" she asked..

"YESssSSSSSSSSS!" he moaned...

"YOU HORNY DEVIL YOU!" she laughed.....

He unbuttoned her jeans....and she wiggled out of them....



He slipped her panties down...

"MYYYYYY GOOODNESS, YOU DON'T WASTE ANYTIMNE DO YOU?" she said, laughing...

"IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS SINCE I HAD SOME!" he said..

"So....It's been two weeks for me too!" she said ,laughing...




Slipping her sexy panties down certain beat getting slapped in the face....



He lifted her up and entered her slowly...softly....She gasped....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
YOU...YOU....YOU...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU FEEL SO DAMN GOOOOOOD!
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out as he thrusted away...

He was surprised at how wet she was....She wanted some as much as he did!


He bent her over the chest of drawers and and entered her doggie style...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
AWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWWWD!" he cried out...Thrusting away....

" Garyyyyyyyyy,"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
YOU...YOU....YOU...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU FEEL SO DAMN GOOOOOOD!
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out again as he thrusted away... She was having an intense orgasm, causing her body to tremble mightily and her head to turn from side to side.. She was crying like a baby soon...

He placed her on the dresser drawer, spread her legs apart and entered her slowly again... She kissed him slowly and softly..

"Let's not quarrel again Gary."she whispered..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHO WANTS TO QUARREL BABY?" he said.




Within minutes they were on the bedroom floor really going at it..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
AWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWWWD!" he cried out...Thrusting away....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE A BEAST!!! OUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned...

She did not expect to come out of her clothes and be doing this this fast....She thought they would talk more...Perhaps there was no more to talk about...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH GARY, GOOOOOD LAWWWD!" she cried out as they finally made it to the bed....She was having another intense orgasm and crying like a little girl as he spread her legs and entered her deeply..
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUBY, I'M LOSIN MY MIND!!! AWWWW LAWWWD!" he cried out..

"GARY, I'm losing my mind tooooo! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"she cried out....

"OUUUUUUUUUUU GARY!!!! DO IT TO ME!!" she yelled...


NINE TO TEN HOURS of sweet , sweet lovemaking followed...


Ruby lie on top of Gary, sweating profusely and trying to catch her breath. afterwords......

''Stop looking so...so satisfied." she said and smiled.

"I am satisfied." he said..

"I've got to get in that shower and get out of here.. I've got to go to work in the morning..." she said..

"Go home, pack an overnite bag and come back after work...Stay with me for a few days until the trial." he asked.

"You sure?" she asked.

"I'm sure I'm sure..." he said..

"Okay!" she said.



She kissed him passionately and then headed for the shower....



He joined her in the shower...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU, You are soooo nasty....Holster that thing....OUUUUUUUU!" she laughed as they enjoyed a nice hot shower together...



III-



THE NEXT MORNING-




We were all in our conference room giving Gary his daily update on how his case was going..
''Olivia, you and your attorneys are very well prepared and very proffesional...No wonder I lost to you in court.. Of course I was at an extreme disadvantage..You had a much better investigator... I had that stupid imbecile Lt. Tragg." said Gary..
Olivia laughed... "That is true.." she agreed..



"I did some digging... I picked up the autopsy report and the crime scene report...They found a here to for unknown fingerprint on that gun....Apparently your attacker didn't wipe that gun down enough... They found the fingerprint of a Johnny Lassiter on it...and he has a record....You ever heard the name before/" I asked.

"Johnny Lassiter..Johnny Lassiter..Johnny Lassiter...Yeah, she did mention him..They dated for awhile..
He got arrested and did a two year bid upstate...He got out and wanted to reconcile, continue the relationship...but she didn't want to...He called her constantly...but she wouldn't take his calls..she even got a new phone and changed her number." said Gary Smith.
"We are going to take this information to Lt. Tragg, for what it's worth...This may be the break we need."said Beverly.

"He has a habit of not listening to people...People like us... Black Attorneys..."said Nelson..

'Then don't have a Black Attorney give this to him...Give it to a white man, an old white man, who might have known his father..."said Josie.

Bresha smiled and then she said.. "And who do we know who fits that description?" she said.

TWO HOURS LATER-



"You want me to talk to Tragg? " said Milton Lewis, a retired Private Investigator and ex-cop, who sometimes did investigative work for me..


"Milt, you're the only one who can talk to him... If Any of us go to him with this..He won't listen to us at all. He doesn't know you've been working for us.."I said.
"Convince him that he could blow this case wide open, be a hero..." said Olivia.
"If He thinks he discovered this..He'll move on this and save us all  the burden of a trial.."said Beverly..


"What makes you so sure he'll listen to me?" asked Milton Lewis..


''You're white, you're male and you come from his father's generation." said Nelson..

"I knew his Father...and his Uncle..Both were horrible men..They hated me because I was a Jew and I actually closed cases without beating the snot out of a suspect...That was way before Junior's time.. Junior isn't quite as bad as his old man and his uncle, but he's not much better.."said Milt.

"I hear you...."laughed Josie..

"I knew your dad too Olivia and your Mother... Great people...In fact, I was eating in Sam Mother's diner the night your dad beat the crap out of  Jack Tragg..... I loved it...."laughed Milt.


"YOU WERE THERE THAT NIGHT?" said Olivia...
"WOWWWWW!" said Beverly...


''Yeah...Liv, you were about 21, 22...Beverly was in Middle school maybe... she had to be 13 or 14..and Jack Tragg was slobbering over the both of you....The degenerate.. Your mother was so afraid for you two girls...but your father wasn't having it.. I knew Jack had bit off more than he could  chew.. I was in the Marines with your dad.. He was a Middleweight Boxer, he was fleet champion...and when he got out ,he boxed professionally for a minute...I went to a couple of his fights...I knew Jack was in troube that night.. He ended up with a broken jaw, broken nose, broken hand...and bruised ribs and to add insult to injury...Somebody stole his gun.... They had to take him to the  hospital on a stretcher...I laughed my head off.. I knew it was coming soon...and Junior's father...was messing with some cop's wife and the cop shot at him...Told him he'd better not see him in Sam Mother's diner again...He never did come back either... Those Tragg boys were something... I thought Junior would be better, but he's not..He's had his share of fights himself and he hasn't gotten the better end of them...been sent to that Marine boat I don't know how many times.. He's an embarrassment to the department.." said Milton.....



"But you'll do this?" asked Nelson...


''Yeah, Yeah, I'll give it a try."said Milton Lewis.


"Thank You Milton." said Olivia..



"Bless You Milton!" said Beverly, all smiles.
"Thank You Milton."said Josie, who hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.


"Thank Youuuuuuuuuuu!" said Bresha, who also hugged him and kissed him on the cheek...

"How can I turn down such nice girls?" laughed Milton Lewis.



"Thanks Milt."I said.



IV-

CURLEY'S BAR-

The Bar was quiet tonight. It wasn't couples night.. None of his favorite people were around...In fact they hadn't been around the past two weeks.. No sign of any of them in court or Sam Mother's diner..
Lt. Tragg was sitting quietly at the bar ,sucking down a beer...His sixth.... He was always talking about the High fallutin lawyers drinking and driving and here he was with a buzz himself.
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOOK  WHO IT IS!! THE DEAD WALK AGAIN!! WELL HELLO DETECTIVE MILT LEWIS, THE LIVING LEGEND!!!  WHAT DO YA KNOW! WHAT DO YA SAY?  PULL UP A SEAT....CLANCY, GET THIS MAN A BEER...IT'S ON THE HOUSE...YOUR MONEY IS NO GOOD HERE FELLA!" siad Curley, the bar's owner and an ex-Homicide Detective himself.


"Hi Ya Curley...Thanks for the Beer.." said Milt...


as he sucked a brew down....



"Actually.." he said as he sucked down his brew....I'm here to see you Artie...." said Milton..


"Me? What do you want with me?" laughed Lt. Tragg.

"I'm still a private investigator....I was over the M.E.'s Office yesterday on another case and I uh overheard something.....


that gun with the silencer that you found in uh Gary Smith's hands...when he was unconscious... It had more than just his prints on it... It had another man's prints on it..Johnny Lassiter...It's in the abridged M.E. report... This Lassister guy has a sheet...Stalking and Harrassing women... The dead girl, had a restraining order out against him at the time she died....He bears some looking into Artie...I know if you're like your father and your Uncle, you aren't much for reading autopsy reports, but you should oughta.....It's all in the report...Here's your chance to get ahead of this case and impress that pretty prosecutor with the shapely legs...I saw you in court the other day, eh Artie??? HAHAHAHAHAHA, you couldn't keep your hands off of her...huh? What do you say?" asked Milton.


Lt. Tragg smiled....

"Heh heh Heh....I say YOU'RE FULL OF IT MILTON..... Olivia gave you that story to give to me didn't she?   She knows neither she nor her husband or anyone else in that crew could sell it, but they figured an old codger like you who knew my father and my uncle could sell it huh? Nice try...." he said.

''Artie...regardless, it's in the report ,it's part of Discovery....Tomorrow go read it for yourself..It's a fact, Lassiter's fingerprint in on that gun....Get ahead of this, because if you don't Olivia and Beverly and crew are going to embarrass you again...Aren't you tired of losing to them Artie ?? Aren't you tired of them not only getting their clients acquitted, but of actually exposing the real culprit in open court,making you look like a  jerk?? Get ahead of this Artie." said Milton Lewis....



"I'm the detective here....I MADE THE CASE!!! GARY SMITH IS AS GUILTY AS HELL, I DON'T CARE IF ATILLA THE HUN'S FINGERPRINT IS ON THAT GUN!! HE Was FOUND WITH THE SMOKING MURDER WEAPON IN HIS HAND AND THAT IS THAT!!!" snarled Lt. Tragg.
Curley looked at Milton and just shrugged.
Milton finished his beer...

"You're just like your old man and your uncle...I always hoped you'd be better Artie." said Milton, who got up and left..





At Aqua Bar tonight......

The joint was jumping, crowded.....Beverly and the younger ones were out letting off some steam...

"It's a Wednesday Night..but we all needed this.."said Beverly...

"Yeah, we are all working on big cases...Even Yvette's people and the Wrongfully Convicted guys."said Nelson.
''Welcome to the Fall.. We did have a couple of quiet weeks." said Josie.

"Yeah....You guys are in court and I'm back in school and at work..It's a grind...but I'm glad I get to see you at the end of the day Jo." said Paris.


"Awwwwwwww you're so sweet."said Josie.

She rewarded him with a kiss, a longgg kiss.
''Do you guys need a moment?" laughed Bresha..who was sitting on her husband's lap.

"Not a bad idea...Give me a smooch." said her husband, Tony..

And Bresha and Tony began kissing...
"You're staring at me like you have xray vision and can see through my dress.,"said Bee Bee.
"That dress is so sheer, I almost can.." said Keith Jones, smiling..

"No you can't!   Can you?" asked Bee Bee....
''All of us are getting a lot of attention tonight...I'm glad we are with our husbands." said Sofia..



"I'm glad you're with us too." said Kahlil..

who pulled her to him and kissed her passionately...

"It's a Wednesday Night..but we all needed this. I was so glad Beverly called me and asked me if we felt like going out tonight.."said Jazzy..
 

"I am too!  This is a must needed Stress buster."said her husband, Dabnis..

"We haven't been here or Stoleys in about a month." said Kayla.
"Nice Welcome back...Stoleys was kinda dead tonight, but this place is lit."said her husband, Ray.



''Ummm we should sleep well tonight Papi." said Jessica.

''Yeah...after we screw." laughed Chip..



"What are you thinking about? Other than screwing my brains out when we get home?" Natalie jokingly asked her husband, David.
"I'm afraid I've got a one track mind Natalie...What else can a guy think about when he has a hot wife?" said David..


''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"said Natalie.
She leaned over and gave him a slow soft kiss that seemed to linger...


Brooke had a peaceful look, She sat quietly in her husband's lap and drunkenly leaned her head into his shoulders... She was "White Girl Wasted" as her bestie, Natalie used to tease her..
Sean smiled..
He pulled Brooke to him and kissed her passionately... "I'm so horny right now..." she whispered..
Seans eyes got a large as saucers....

"Really?" he said.

Tyrell had Renee on his lap... She was wearing the same dress she wore when he took her to Gazspacho's..... He squeezed her big shapely legs and slyly ran his hands up her skirt...She didn't remove them...

She smiled at him...
and rewarded him with a kiss......



It was 10:00 pm....The Buses were coming to pick them up at 11:00 pm.. They all agreed that closing the bar on a Wednesday Night was not a good idea...They all had to work tomorrow and needed their rest.



The kids were out partying... Olivia and I were home... In our Bathroom at the moment..
"I wonder if Milt was able to sell that additional fingerprint to Lt. Tragg." said Olivia.

"I hope so...It would save us the rigors of a trial..The Prosecution doesn't have much, but neither do we..That's really all we have." I said, putting my arms around Olivia and squeezing her tight..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she squealed...

The kissing got hotter...




I slipped her panties down....

"Ohhhh Olivia, what will you surprise me with next?" I asked..

"You'll have to wait and see." she whispered, rubbing her finger across my lips..


I lifted her up, spread her legs and entered her sexy petite body...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed....Her body trembling like crazy and her head turning from side to side...Tears just flowing down her cheeks...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BABYYYYYYYYYY!" I moaned....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAYYYYY!" she moaned..



I placed her on the sink...spread her legs and entered her again...She was so wet, so warm inside...and so soft... Her kisses were melting on my lips like butter...It was all I could do to contain myself..

"OUUUUUUUUUU...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..OH MY GOD!!! OUUUUUUUU!" she cried out..


We walked to the bedroom.... I spread her legs and mounted her in the bed..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" I groaned...

"OUUU...OUUUUUUU..UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she cooed..

The headboard started to rattle a bit..

the bedsprings began to squeak..

Olivia and I were once again making sweet love....


While Outside, The Buses had delivered everyone to their front door..Even without the threat of Lt. Tragg harrassing us..It was essential that we all returned home safe after a night of drinking.. So nice to have Mini Buses that transported everyone to and fro...

Nelson stood outside our house, holding Beverly in his arms...


''Don't you want to go inside and get comfortable.?" asked Beverly..




"I'm comfortable right here, holding you...under the moonlight." said Nelson softly as Beverly leaned her head into his chest...


"Awwwwwwwwwww I'm comfortable too!" she said.
And they kissed softly and slowly...under the moon lit sky...





(TO BE CONTINUED)

6 comments:

  1. I like this new guy, Milton Lewis you have working with Donnie Ray..He's comical, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the ending with Beverly and Nelson standing outside sharing a sweet kiss was so nice...I ove that you show the humanity of these charactors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these charactors. I feel as if I know them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Story....Love that we have a suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lt. Tragg is such a thick head... He is either so dead set on getting revenge on Gary Smith that he doesn't care about conflicting evidence...or he's really cinvinced that he is guilty and that's all there is to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Standing and Applauding and Throwing my panties high in the sky!

    ReplyDelete