Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Security In Numbers


 Attorney Stanley Steinberg was fascinated by everything Olivia and Beverly.




Olivia and Beverly gave him the grand tour...

They took him upstairs to Beverly and Nelson's Domicile...
and a floor up to where Olivia and I laid our heads...


Then back downstairs to our conference room where Alfreda

Where Alfreda had Fresh Bottles of Water and Fruit awaiting us and a continental breakfast..



Bagels and Cream Cheese and Jelly and Doughnuts and Hot coffee..

He was blown away by our entire operation...Comfortable, Far from the hustle and bustle and tension of Center City...


He walked over to our Law Library and watched and observed Beverly, Josie and Bresha researching.




They were looking up Laws pretaining to a case like this, Predicates pretaining to a case like this and actual like cases, including their own Richard Graves case...

"Olivia, this is brilliant.  No wonder you guys win so many cases...You take a case apart like a surgeon and you and your team are prepared for anything.. Plus it helps having these young fertile minds do your leg work doesn't it?" Stanley jabbed.
Olivia laughed.. "It does...I paid my dues as a Public Defender and I've imparted what I've learned to them." Olivia laughed.


He was super impressed with our media room.. Where Nelson,


Joined by his wife Beverly looked at pictures and breakdowns of everybody on the jury pool and they discussed with Olivia.

"My husband gets me information on the current jury pool and he does investigations and breakdowns on everybody involved and Nelson ,Beverly and I look at the data he's provided us and their photos on our screens and decide which juror we want...Of course that doesn't mean we'll get all of them, but Nelson here, who had a Psychology minor and understands Trial Science is great on Voir Dire.. He's been helping me like that since we were both Public Defenders.."said Olivia.
"I understand he and your niece have been with you the longest eh?" said Stanley.

"Professionally yes..We all worked as Public Defenders....Josie was with us when we opened the doors to this place and furnished it.. She has an Architects Degree and she helped me design this room and the law library room... She was our Office manager at first and then became a Para-Legal... We put her through law school and after she passed the bar, She came back to work for us."said Olivia..

"Outstanding...and I understand she and her husband live across the street and Bresha and her husband live a few doors down.. No commute, No hustle and bustle, a clean comfortable enviroment... I love what you've done here...This is how law should be practiced."said Stanley Steinberg..




Olivia, Beverly and Nelson laughed.



Unknown to them...All of this was done under the watchful eye of Lt. Tragg.


There was a dark, unmarked police car sitting across the street from us...Lt. Tragg was not in it.. He had a plain clothes cop watching our building..and reporting to him Stanley Steinberg's arrival and the fact that Dr. Colgate was not with him.

I wasn't there this morning either.. I was on the street, investigating..


I was at Sam Mother's Diner having Breakfast..







Eggs, Hash Browns, Bacon, Orange Juice and Coffee..


Naturally Lt. Tragg came in and invited himself to my table.  He didn't intimidate me or get me all riled up the way he did the girls and he knew it.. He dealt with men a whole lot different than he did women.
He knew he couldn't play the bully role.

"Welllllllllll Donnie Ray, eating alone this morning? Trouble in Paradise or Olivia has you running an errand for her?"

I smiled, but said nothing...I continued eating...


''Where is the wife, her niece and the rest of the crew this morning?" he asked.

''You know where they are...You've had an unmarked car across the street from our house watching us since 6:00 AM.. You know where they are and you know who's all there.."I said.


"You being an ex-cop, I know you'd be able to spot a trap car in a minute.. Where pray tell is Dr. Colgate? He's not one of your wife's visitors this morning." asked Lt. Tragg.

"That, I don't know..There was no need for him to be there today...but I'm sure he'll be in touch." I said..
I finished my breakfast...Went to the counter and paid my tab and quietly left.

II-


In the office of Assistant District Attorney, Leslie Chance.

She looked at the dossiers on us..

  

Olivia Marissa Bennett-Alexander

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law, Trial Advocacy -Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender, 

Worked for Bach and Roach LLC, as Associate Attorney

Founding partner-Alexander & West ,Attorneys at law..

Divorced- Elwood Barnes..,Corporate Attorney 

No Children, two miscarriages..

Married-Donnie Ray Alexander

Beverly Cheryl West-East

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Trial Advocacy, Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender,

 Founding Partner-Alexander & West Attorney's at Law.

Daughter of Olivia's Older Half Brother, James West... Olivia's Niece

Married to Nelson East.

Nelson Sean East

Graduated, West Catholic High School-Philadelphia PA.

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law- St. Johns University, New York City
Psychology Minor...

J.D. -St. Johns Univeristy Law School, New York City..

Passed The Bar , New York, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, Texas, California 

Speaks Spanish , French and Russian Fluently...

Worked as Public Defender, 

 Associate Attorney at Robert Foxworth and Associates.

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law.

Married to Beverly West

Donnie Ray Alexander

Born and Raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Educated in New Orleans Public Schools..

Associates Degree- New Orleans Community College-Administration of Justice, Pre Law

Homicide Detective, New Orleans Police Department, Retired.

Principal Investigator, Alexander and West Attorneys at law-Philadelphia PA.

Married to Olivia Bennett

Also a semi-professional musician

Josephine Boyd

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Raised in Red Hook Section of New York City 

Bachelors of Science, Architecture from Fisk University

Master in Business Administration- University of Pennsylvania.

Para -Legal -Alexander & West Attorneys at law.

JD- Drexel  University Law School..

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware, New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney-Alexander & West, Attorneys at Law, Philadelphia.

Married to Paris Boyd


Bresha Billips

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre Law- Lasalle University, Philadelphia PA.

J.D.- Middleton Law School, Bayside ,Pennsylvania.

Passed the bar, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, New York

Speaks Spanish and French Fluently...

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law...

Married to Attorney Tony Billips

She knew she would be up against some pretty good attorneys... She looked at the Colgate case file..
All she knew was that he had a very turbulent on again off again relationship with Marilyn Corey

Who worked with him at his practice..She was a known party girl....


Juston Corley was a mechanic who worked on her car and apparently everything else..

Barrett Colgate and Marilyn had several loud arguments at the clinic in which he threatened to call the entire wedding off..

She stormed out of the clinic...

She and Dr. Colgate appeared to have kissed and made up after spending the night at a hotel..





She and Justin Corley were seen together two nights later at Aqua Bar and Stoleys and then nothing..Neither one was seen alive again..


Until their skelatal remains were found


in a shallow grave at the lovers lane a few weeks ago.

That's all she had.. Nothing that implicated Dr. Colgate physically.

And that's the same information I gave Olivia ,Beverly and everyone else when I returned. Stanley Steinberg had gone home for the day by then..

"That's pretty thin Donnie Ray." said Beverly..

"Maybe, but the prosecution may have less..Lt. Tragg is keeping up with us more than investigating this.This is nothing..right now. They don't have any physical evidence placing Dr. Colgate at the scene."said Olivia.

"Plenty people have arguments...That doesn't mean they kill people."said Nelson.

"I stopped by his practice..I talked to several people that said the relationship was an open secret for about a year, then it got so obvious that she had to resign...They got engaged..but he suspected she was seeing another man.. He followed her and discovered her more than cozy relationship with her mechanic."I said.

"Guess her car wasn't the only thing he serviced." said Josie..
Bresha cracked up... "Shuttttttt upppppppppppp! You are so crazy Jo!" she said.
"That's obvious." Beverly said,laughing.

"She and Dr. Colgate apparently made up, the wedding was back on and they spent the night at that Motel down there

 across from Tidwell's Water bed Store." I said.

"Ohhh GOD! A Big Time Doc like him and THAT'S the best place he can take her..Tidwell's place?" asked Nelson.
Olivia laughed. "That's not Tidwell's place.. He owns the Waterbed store across the street." said Olivia, hugging Nelson..

"Yeah, well no wonder she cheated on him...I'll bet you the mechanic took her to better places."said Nelson.

Beverly, Josie and Bresha cracked up...

"OH MY GODDDD! GOOFBALL!" laughed Beverly.
"Nelson's right though!" said Josie.
"You all are too funny today!"said Bresha.


"I've got copies of Credit and Debit card receipts from Aqua Bar and Stoleys...and video footage of both of them at both places..and that's it.. They were never seen alive again..But there is no trace of where they went after or of them even leaving....but I'm not finished digging yet." I said.

''Even so..We are wayyyy ahead of the prosecution...I am 100 percent certain of that." laughed Olivia.

"I know how you like to know everything about everybody involved.. Here is the book on our client, Dr. Colgate.

Barrett Lee Colgate

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from St. Joseph's Academy...Philadelphia PA.

B.A. and M.D. Degree from University Of Pennsylvania School of Medicine

Obstertrician and Gynecologist at John Hopkins Medical Center , Baltimore ,Maryland

Returned to Philadelphia , began the Colgate Clinic

Has about five Gynecologists and Three Obsetricians on staff, and an office manager.

''That's it?" asked Olivia.
"That's it..No criminal record of any kind.. No report of any misbehavior from his school or patients and basically, he's as clean as the board of health, no outside children, no debts.. He has been sued three times...and defended successfully by Stanley Steinberg...


Normal stuff...." I said.


And At her office-

Assistant District Attorney Leslie Chance was having the same conversation with Lt. Tragg.

"Yeah that's it?" he said.

"This is nothing!  I have nothing to place him at the scene of their disapearence...NOTHING!  I believe you arrested him as part of a vendetta..You were angry because of the things he said about you on television the other week.. You don't have a clue or a case." said ADA Leslie Chance.


"I'm telling you...HE DID IT!!!"snarled Lt. Tragg.

"PROVE IT!" said ADA Chance.

III-




Late that night.,.


I slowly slipped Olivia's panties down and off..


"You enjoy doing this don't you?" asked Olivia.


"It's what I live for.." I whispered.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmm!" she cooed..and then laughed.. "I'm beginning to believe that!" she said.

I bent her over our dresser drawer, which now had nothing on it..We had knocked it all off... and took her doggie style..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DONNIE RAY!! DONNIE RAY!!! UMMMMMMMMM." she moaned....

"OHHHHHHHHH THIS IS WHAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING....OUUUUUUUU!" I moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned.
Eventually, I was lifting her up and long stroking her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO HOUUUUUU!!! YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS!" she cooed..


Til finally she was sitting on the dresser and I was stroking her as slowly as I could....I felt so good, I didn't know if I was coming or going..
We sat on the side of the bed and Olivia eased herself down on me and began to slowly move up and down, drowning me with slow ,sweet kisses that were driving me insane..


We finally made it into the bed, making sweet, sweet love...for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS...

A Floor below us...Beverly and Nelson were kissing passionately in the middle of their bedroom floor.



"Honey Bun you're so cute, I don't know if I want to screw you or just hug you and kiss you for hours."said Nelson.

"I know what you'd rather do...Do you not remember how long you were begging me for it?" said Beverly...


"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, It began after you laid that kiss on me on the train ride home after we had visited that prison and you said we'd always be friends..OHHHHHHHHH!" moaned Nelson, who was pounding into her doggie style on the floor.


They were now sitting on the side of the bed...Nelson's legs straddled and Beverly sliding up and down on his engorged penis...

"Yess, we said we'd be friends always...That was a friendship kiss..and you started begging me for some from that day on....You weren't content to just kiss me and hug me..You know what you wanted."said Beverly...

"That was no friendship kiss...it was soft and slow...It turned me on...." said Nelson..

"My breathing turns you on..I just walk past you sometimes and you get hard.." whispered Beverly...

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"moaned Nelson as he and Beverly made it to the bed and began making sweet love..


"And I'm glad that's what you want....because I want it too! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU,
OHHHHHH MY GOD NELSON!  OHHHHHH MY GOD NELSON! OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out as they continued making sweet love..

Their bed was shaking something terrible...The headboard was slamming softly against the wall..

And like us, for another NINE TO TEN HOURS!


The next morning!

Olivia, Beverly, Myself, Nelson and Josie met with Attorney Steinberg to discuss the particulars of the case.

"This is basically all the information we have right now.. We have basically formed the basis of our defense." said Olivia.
"It could be subject to change, but right now the Prosecutions case is without merit and we intend to argue for a dismissal of all charges during the preliminary."said Beverly.
"I'm still compiling evidence and information, but from what I can see, Mr. Colgate can't be placed at the scene of their disapearence.. There is no evidence right now that he had anything to do with their disapearence and murder." I said.
"This looks like a personal vendetta ,Lt. Tragg has against the man for criticizing him on Television and nothing more."said Nelson.
''We need to talk to Dr. Colgate..Have him establish an alibi." said Josie.
"I'll have him here tomorrow. I'm sure he can clear this up."said Stanley Steinberg. "By the way, someone is missing , where is Bresha?

"Oh she's in court today...Her Husband is trying a case and she is there to wish him well."said Olivia.


''Ahhh Yes, Anthony Billips. He is one of my former students also..It's so nice to see my former students doing well." said Stanley Steinberg.


And in the courthouse at this time..


"Has the jury come to a conclusion?" asked the Judge..

"Yes we have your honor." said The Foreman,.

The Bailiff passed the decision to the Judge who read it and passed it back to the Bailiff.

In the Matter of James Capers Vs. LuTech Industries....We rule in favor of James Capers and award him a sum of 2.4 million dollars in damages.
''Oh Man, you're the truth dude.. I aint even think you could swing this.." said James Capers.
"I told you man... I got this."said Tony, giving his client some dap...


Bresha ran up to him...

"YOU WERE WONDERFUL!" she said..

She kissed him passionately...


"Go get us a table at Sam Mother's..I'll be right over babes." said Tony...


Bresha found a small table in Sam Mother's diner. A waitress took her order.

As she sat quietly...

Lt. Tragg walked in... He saw her sitting by herself.. He decided to invite himself to her table.


''DON'T SIT DOWN!  YOU'RE NOT EATING WITH ME AND I AM NOT ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING DR. COLGATE'S CASE!" she said sternly..


He totally ignored her and sat down anyway...

"So where is Olivia and the rest of the gang? Did they tell you to sit this one out? A little over your head??Heh heh Heh." he laughed.


Bresha said nothing..she folded her arms..


''So where are they? On their way here?"he asked. "Don't try that silent treatment on me..It Won't work." he said.

"EXCUSE ME, YOU'RE IN MY SEAT!" came the voice of Bresha's husband, Tony Billips.


"Your boyfriend?" Lt. Tragg asked.


"MY HUSBAND, NOW WOULD YOU GET UP?" asked Bresha.

Tony stood there...

"YOU GONE GET UP MAN OR WHAT?" he asked..He was getting steamed.. He perfectly understood why Ray mopped the floor up with him just a few months back.


"ARTIE!  OUT!! GET OUT!  GET OUT!! I TOLD YOU YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE HASSLING MY CUSTOMERS! GET OUT and seriously , think about eating somewhere else."bellowed Sam Mother.


Astonished at the tone in his voice, Lt. Tragg got up and Tony sat down...




They both ordered double cheeseburger specials...
Lt. Tragg slowly walked out of the diner, to clapping ,whistling and cheers from the other patrons.. He couldn't help but hear that...


Later on that day,

Bresha and Tony told us about their run in with Lt. Tragg at Sam Mothers.
''He is unbelievable." said Beverly...
"Man, I don't care how hungry I am, I'm not eating in there...I'm goin to the Bridge.." said Nelson.

"Or Mabels or Chinese Bob's."said Josie.
"He just invites himself to your table...He did that to me, asking where you guys were. I told him.."You know where they are.." and I didn't say another word.. but I hated staring into his face the whole time I was eating." I said.

"There must be something that can be done about him...He's really a nuisance."said Olivia.

"Sam Mother told him to consider eating someplace else." laughed Bresha.

''Wonder if he'll do it?" asked Beverly.

''Probably not" said Olivia.



IV-

Curly's Bar...We all felt like we could use drinks tonight..
"I'm glad we all came out tonight , and more important together."said  Olivia.
"There is strength and security in numbers." I said.
"Yeah, but no one should have to go through this.. No one man should be able to cause so much discomfort." said Beverly..
''Still, all of us being here and practically commandeering this entire section says a lot."said Nelson.

"I'm so sick of dancing around him.."said Josie.
"I know...It's like we are hiding from him."said Paris.
''Well not tonight.We are all out in full force."said Bresha.
"He don't know how close he came to getting smashed today." said Tony.

In addition to us...Our good friends, Yvette Jones-Lockwood and her crew were also here tonight,

"I'm just glad we don't currently have a case that's got him on a tear,."said Yvette.
"Since when has that stopped him?"laughed her husband, Gary.
"I know right?" said Keith Jones.
"He can't "INVITE" himself to our tables..There aren't any."said Bee Bee.
"Ouuuu just thinking about him makes me soo mad."said Sofia.
''See and that's how he gets you..You can't enjoy your meal or drinks, angry about him..Ignore him."said Kahlil.
"Yeah, Kahlil is right."said Jade.

"Let's enjoy ourselves, and not worry about him." said Lt. Danny Ho.

"Hello everybody!" said Kayla.
"Hi Guys..Looks like we all had the same idea."laughed Ray..
"I wanted a drink, but the only reason I came here is because all of you guys are here."said Jazzy.
''Same here." said Dabnis.
"There is strength and security in numbers." said Jessica.
"Yeah" agreed her husband, Chip.



We had two additional tables with Martinis and Beers on them..



and an addittional table with Hot Wings and Hot Shrimps.. everybody dug in...

Olivia told everybody that her busses were at the ready to take them all home, so drink and eat as much as they wanted.. Which we all were doing without coaxing..

We were there a good TWO HOURS, having a ball , before Lt. Tragg showed up..


He could have sat at his usual spot at the bar.. He could have found a table with a young lady at it and tried to chat her up.. Instead he walked over to the area we all were sitting.. We took 11 tables plus the additional 3 that had our drinks and our food..

"WELLLLLLLL LOOK AT THIS...ALL THESE ATTORNEYS, DRINKING HEAVILY...I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU ALL AREN'T DRIVING TONIGHT...I'D HATE TO RUN YOU IN FOR DUI's.." he laughed.


"What are you, a traffic cop now?" asked Dabnis.


"That would suit him..He'd be better at that than Homicide Detective." said Ray...

''Rayyyyyyyy"said Kayla as the entire table erupted in laughter.
"Good one Cousin in law."laughed Beverly...

''You want me to button that lip for you pal?"asked Lt. Tragg.
"Try it! You think you can? You know what happened the last time you swung on me you corny keystone cop!"snarled Ray, who had knocked Lt. Tragg cold just a few months before in an altercation in Sam Mother's diner.

"WHYYYYY YOUUUUUU!" snarled Lt. Tragg...

''Why don't you leave us alone? We weren't bothering you...Do you have to cause trouble everytime you come around?" asked an angry Beverly...


Olivia attempted to be a peace maker. She stepped in front of Ray and Beverly.

"Lt. Tragg, My buses are parked in the parking lot..Nobody here will be driving...That's why I told them to drink as much as they wanted tonight..We are all just here having a stress buster, We've been working hard." she said..

''Yeah come on Lieutenant, why don't you find yourself a stool somewhere and have a few drinks and mellow out!..Apparently you've been working hard too." said Yvette, attempting to help her best friend and ease tensions..

But Beverly, Nelson, Ray, Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil,Josie,Bresha,Paris, Tony and even Ms. Jade thought what she said about him working hard was hillarious.












This was met by snickers and outright laughter...They weren't trying to hide it..And they definitely had no fear of him. None at all!


Being outright laughed at wasn't defusing the situation...It was making Lt. Tragg angrier..

Lt. Danny Ho , who had grown to despise him with each and every day, Sighed and quaffed down his beer.









Gary and I, Kayla, Jessica, Jazzy, Chip and surprisingly even Dabnis, did not snicker, we continued to drink and talk amongst ourselves..ignoring Lt. Tragg, something else he hated.
"You need to teach some of your younger people some respect Liv, Vettie."said Lt. Tragg.
    ''Duly Noted...Now please, please leave us alone."said Olivia.
"Yeah, go on...Nobody here is bothering you...Leave us be."said Yvette.


He stood there defiantly with a blank stare as if nothing had been said.

Pretty soon , none of us were paying any attention to him, We were talking , having our own little conversations and drinking. He was now definitely in the way...


Assistant District Attorney Leslie Chance, who we would be up against in court. walked into the bar..She was wearing a tight black dress with a zipper in the back..


"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he said as he finally left us and went to her table and as usual invited himself to her table..

"What's goin on baby?" he said ,staring at her leeringly..


"I'm not your baby.....Have you got anything new for me regarding the Colgate case? The Preliminary hearing is in two days..." she said.


"No, but I've got something in my pants for you..." he whispered..

"Don't talk to me like that..All I'm interested in regarding you is information concerning this case.What have you got?" she asked.

"Look I'm on Colgate like a cheap suit baby, everywhere he goes..I'm there..I'm on his lawyer too!" said Lt. Tragg, who had his hands all the way up her skirt and was now pulling her silky lace panties slightly.


He had a pleased as punch look on his face..


"THAT GETS ME NOTHING!...And would you please take your hands from under my skirt.." she said just before he accidentally ripped her panties slightly..

SHE WAS SHOCKED!!

"OH MY GOD!!!!" she said.

SHE SLAPPED HIM SO HARD THE ENTIRE BAR HEARD IT!!!


"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!" he moaned as he flew out of his chair and crashed into another table and an entire pitcher of beer fell and splashed all over his head and his suit...
















This brought guffaws of laughter from our table..  Dabnis, Ray, Tony,Jade, Gary, Chip,Nelson, his wife Beverly, Josie, Paris and Bree howled the loudest...




Keith ,Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil were banging their fists on the table laughing..


Jazzy ,Kayla and Jessica were holding each other  and laughing so hard they were crying..


"Boyyyy Lt. Tragg really knows how to bring it out of people doesn't he?" I said, shaking my head.
"He sure does..Let's pay our bill and get out of here."said Olivia.
"Yes..These guys are going to laugh the rest of the way home and on the train tomorrow."said Yvette.

"I'm gonna laugh when I get on the bus." said Danny Ho.



Curley was mortified..He bought another pitcher of beer for the people at the table and had his crew clean up immediately...

"Mam, you can drink the rest of the night free on me..I'm so sorry." he said to Leslie Chance.


"No..Thank you though...I have to go home...That freak ripped my panties." said ADA Leslie Chance.

"Artie you need some therapy....And you should seriously consider drinking somewhere else for a few days...I'm serious." said Curley.


Lt. Tragg stood outside and watched as the buses carrying all of us pulled off just as Olivia said, delivering all of us safely home..

He could see through the windows, everyone still laughing at the debacle he had had tonight..


He was drenched with beer, his suit and hair ruined.. He walked to his car.. he couldn't imagine things being much worse.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments:

Post a Comment