Thursday, February 3, 2022

Easy Does Her


 The next morning , breakfast was being served at our house.. Alfreda ,Olivia and I cooked and prepared Pancakes ,Hash Brown and Sausages, Orange Juice and Coffee.

Naturally the conversation was about the goings on of last night..

"Olivia if I had of been there and witnessed that, I would have been no good." said Alfreda.
"Freda, she slapped him into next week..Knocked him out of his chair..He fell into this couple's table and their pitcher of beer spilled all over his well coifed hair and all over his suit."said Olivia.
"Apparently he had his hands up her skirt and accidentally ripped her panties." I said.


"Freak! I don't blame her.." said Alfreda as we made plates for everybody..





"I laughed so hard my sides were hurting, I could hardly breathe." said Beverly, who was still laughing.
''Awwww Man... All I remember is hearing her scream..OH MY GOD! and slapping the hell out of him..I didn't know what he had said or did!" said Nelson.
''He reached up under her skirt and ripped her panties off.. That's what he did...You Know how he likes to get Handsy." said Josie..

'Yes, you know how he likes to get handsy...It's not the first time he's been slapped by a woman..He did the same thing to our friend, Brenda Jordan, ripped her panties clean off...She had to run to her car and speed home." said Olivia.

"WHOAAAAA! Lt. Tragg is a freak!"laughed Nelson..

"Don't you get any ideas!" said Beverly, smiling at him and slyly removing his hands from under her skirt.


She then gave him a wet sloppy kiss..

"You're lucky I like you." she joked.

"WHATTTTTTTTT? OH I would have killed him if he even tried to do that to me.....Oh My God.. He is a menace.."said Bresha.
"He's never done that to any of us, thank god."said Olivia.


"That's because you all have husbands...Husbands that he knows."said Alfreda.


"I think it's more because he prefers white women..Blondes,"said Beverly..

"Bev is probably closer to being true. But ADA Chance is a red head..He's just a nasty dog who needs to learn to keep his hands to himself." said Olivia.


"That's for sure , because that would be going too far!~ If he touched any one of you improperly." I said.


''Sure enough." said Nelson.
"Tony was close to decking him yesterday in Sam Mother's" said Bresha.

''I thought Ray was gonna deck him last night in Curley's." said Josie.


Such was the morning breakfast banter in our shop.

II-


But we were an active law firm and we did have a client who was scheduled to be in court tomorrow for his first appearence before a Judge... A preliminary hearing and we needed a better defense...


Attorney Stanley Steinberg , who was immensely impressed by everything about us and the way we were handling the case arrived and took his seat next to Olivia, flanked by the rest of us.

We all were going over our last minute strategizing for the preliminary hearing.
"I would like to ask for all charges to be dropped for pure lack of evidence." said Olivia.
"There is no physical evidence of Dr. Colgate being with the murder victim at all on their last known day alive.. He doesn't show up at Aqua Bar or Stoleys..Not on any film footage.. Although his credit cards read that he bought a drink at both places, but it was AFTER Marilyn and Jason had left, an hour after in both cases.."said Beverly,.
"He might have been looking for them..but he wasn't successful...Then we have him at a gas station in the opposite direction and then nothing..I'm assuming he went home after failing to find them like he said."said Nelson.
"There is no evidence of any inter-action with either of them...We are going to argue that Lt. Tragg arrested him purely out of anger at his comments made on the TV show HARD BOTTOM. "said Josie.
"We witnessed him strike him in the restaurant while he was being arrested." said Bresha.

"That's right , you guys were there and I witnessed him take a swing at him in the police station...That's enough to show a personal vendetta right there and possibly bring Tragg up on charges.. He had a penchant for arresting the wrong suspect based on personal  feelings or degree of controversy that gets him on television. I've seen discovery and the ADA has even less than we do ,I imagine, she's not too happy with Tragg at this point."said Stanley Steinberg.




"Oh I imagine she's not either and for reasons you have no idea for." I said.




Olivia, Beverly and Josie cracked up laughing and put their heads on the table..


''So Bree, I heard your husband, Tony Billips, my other favorite former student was in court yesterday, how did he do?"asked Stanley Steinberg.


"Oh he was incredible..He won his case..A Civil litigation."gushed Bresha with pride.


"Someone's at the door....I sure hope it's not the world's greatest detective." sighed Nelson..

Turns out , it wasn't.. It was what would turn out to be a big break for us.

Alfreda walked in with a pretty , hazel eyed ,brown skinned young woman.

"Liv, this young lady claims to have some information for you."said Alfreda.

"My name is Laura Sanders, I was in Stoleys when you came around the other day Mr. Donnie Ray..I couldn't talk to you about what I know, what I've suspected because I didn't want to be seen talking to you..same thing with that cop who came around later asking questions..He seemed more interested in putting his hands up my skirt and trying to yank my panties down then what I had to say..He was fresh and I got the impression that he wasn't listening to a thing I had to say. I know who you are..I've seen you on Television with your wife and her niece. It wasn't hard for me to find you." she said.

"Okay Laura...We are listening and you are perfectly safe here.. Nobody knows you are here and what you are saying is only heard by us for the moment." I said.

''We might need you to testify in court depending on what you tell us." said Olivia.

Laura looked around the room..





She looked at Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha...She knew them or at least recognized them.

"I've waited on you guys and your friends for years at Stoleys..I had no idea you guys were lawyers.." she remarked.

"I was afraid to come forward because the man I'm going to tell you about works at Stoleys...He's one of the bartenders and he's very dangerous..

His name is John Diel. He's an ex-con...he'd been working there for about a year...He was quiet..He kept to himself..


Marilyn Corey was regular at Stoley's... She drank a lot.. We often had to put her out at two, drunk as a skunk...John Diel dealt Opiates...It was an open secret...If it had gotten out...He would have been fired on the spot..

Marilyn Corey had a reputation..It was said that the more she drank, the slippery her panties became, if you know what I mean..

I had no idea that she was an Obstertrician and worked at a clinic or was engaged to a doctor until the night she vanished.

John liked her..She ran a tab...a lot of our customers did... When her tab got to $250.00, she was told she couldn't be served until she paid at least half of it...

John went in his pocket and paid the entire tab.. Just slapped down $250.00 and put up another $100.00 
so she could drink free the rest of the night..

Of course there was a price to be paid for his generosity.." she said.


She left with him...we all knew what was going down...

They went to a motel...

"Thank you sooooo much for paying my drink tab...and letting me drink free the rest of the night..I am soooo grateful." she said.


"Soooooooooo grateful....Ouuuuuuuuuuu soooo grateful..." she cooed in between kisses.


''Let me show you how grateful.." she cooed.


He slipped her panties down..



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU JOHNNNNNNN....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU'RE A BEAST!!!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she moaned..as they made love on the hotel floor.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GEEEEEEEEZ!" he moaned as she rode him like she was riding a horse..


They sat on the side of the bed and she slowly moved up and down on him, smothering him with kisses.
He didn't know if he was coming or going..
 She showed her gratitude for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS that night.



"I know for a fact that she had slept with at least five or six of our other customers. But John ignored the stories.

He was in love and he was possessive and when he was like that, he was dangerous..he knew nothing about this woman.. didn't know where she worked..didn't know what she did for a living. Nothing. 
we all were shocked when their bodies were found recently that she was a doctor...You would have never of known it. but I didn't know you guys were lawyers either." she said.

''We don't wear t-shirts with "Lawyer" or "Doctor" written on it." said Nelson.

Berverly and Josie cracked up with  laughter...

''Don't mind him...."laughed Beverly.
"Next time we come in we will all be wearing our T-shirts."joked Josie.

"Tell me more about him..."I said.


He felt and he acted like because he had put that money out there like that and they had spent that night together that she was his girl or worse , his property...He really acted up when she talked to other men or let other guys buy her drinks...

She even gave him his $350.00 dollars back... That was a dead giveawy right there that she wasn't some poor booze hond..She had money.. I didn't know she was a doctor, but I knew she didn't dress or act like she didn't have....

Then she started coming in with him, Jason Corley..


He was not her type...Not the type of customer she usually hooked up with...Anything but..He was a bad ass...He was an auto mechanic and a regular customer.. He bought drugs off of John.. John really didn't like him and the two had words about money and eventually about Marilyn.

''So nobody in Stoleys knew about Dr. Colgate?" asked Olivia.

"Nobody knew she was engaged?" asked Bresha.

''She didn't talk much. I saw the engagement ring...And I knew John hadn't bought it and I knew Jason Corley couldn't afford it..So I knew she had to be involved with somebody else..Somebody that didn't hang in Stoleys."said Laura.

''When did you first see Barrett? Dr. Colgate?" asked Stanley Steinberg.


"I never saw him before until the night the doc and Jason vanished.  He didn't hang in Stoleys.. he came in and showed me her photo and asked if we'd seen her.. We told him she left an hour before..He looked kind of bewildered and he left without saying anything..


That night, they came in together... John and Jason got into a very loud argument...It was partially over money owed to him for the drugs and over him being with Marilyn..."John's Girl"  Jason said-"If she was your girl, She wasn't last night and laughed and he and Marilyn left... John clocked out..The other bartender, Pete Ricks took over.. John got in his car...

I never saw Marilyn or Jason again and John didn't come to work the next day...When he did come to work, He was different...He looked shaken up...distraught... He didn't want to talk about Marilyn anymore. .and we didn't and they never showed up again.. 



Two weeks later ,Dr. Colgate and a Detective, Sam Smith from Missing Persons came by asking questions...but nothing ever came of it...

Six months went by and we never saw or heard from either of them, Marilyn Corey or Jason Corley again." said Laura.


"Barrett told me he knew about her and Jason Corley, the car mechanic, but that the two of them never met." said Stanley Steinberg..

"Would you be willing to write this down and sign an affadavit for the time being? My husband is going to look into this further."said Olivia.

"We won't mention your name for now...but we have to make this part of Discovery..." said Beverly..


''Sure..I've held on to this  for six months." said Laura.

"You go on back to work like nothing has happened.."said Nelson.
"Yes and I'll look into this.." I said.


''This is the break we've been waiting for." said Josie.
"Be careful leaving here...Maybe you should leave from out back...There is an unmarked police car across the street...They watch us constantly..." said Bresha.

"This is unconstitutional." said Stanley Steinberg.

"It's life for us." said Olivia.

III-


SAM MOTHER'S DINER-


Lt. Tragg sat at the counter waiting for his breakfast... It was quiet today... None of the lawyers he sparred with were here today...He didn't expect to see any of them in here or Curleys anytime soon..




His usual of Fried Eggs, Hash Browns, Sausage and Coffee was served.. The Diner was quiet...

Assistant District Attorney Leslie Chance walked in...she saw Lt Tragg and walked over to him and placed the receipt in his hands..


''What is this?" he asked.


"This is the bill for my panties..The ones you ripped off last night." she said.


Sam Mother heard her comment.. He smiled wryly....Just what kind of night did Artie have last night? if anything ,it was better than the brouha ha he nearly had in here with different attorneys.


Lt. Tragg smiled.

"You paid this much for a pair of panties?" he laughed.


''I don't buy a three pack from the Drug Store..Those were Christian Dior....and I'd like renumeration."said ADA Leslie Chance.


"Can I uh deliver them to your house tonight ,say 11:00 pm with a bottle of champaigne or would you prefer tequila?" he laughed..


"Nice Try...Just bring them to my office. there is no need for Champaigne, Tequilla or flowers...because you aren't staying long." she said and turned and walked out...


Sam Mother laughed as he collected the empty plates..

''Some night huh Artie?" he laughed.


"It uh was interesting"said Lt. Tragg.



Olivia and Bresha walked into Sam Mothers and sat at the counter , ordering Teas..


They chatted amongst themselves..


Lt. Tragg couldn't resist going over to them.

''Olivia..I'm used to you being with your mouthy niece, not your junior, junior partner..Where is the rest of the team?" he asked.

"They are busy...Since you're here I have a tip for you."said Olivia, who passed him a name and work address..

"He's a bartender at Stoleys...He slept with Murder victim, Marilyn Corey... he had a rather loud argument with her male friend, murder victim Jason Corley, the night they vanished...He followed them out of the bar and was not seen for another 48 hours...They were never seen again! "said Olivia.


He smiled. "You would never give me a freebie...I already talked to him, he said he didn't know them at all..He's clean.. he was off the next day, that's why he didn't come to work.." said Lt. Tragg.

"He's lying.. he knew them both...He's a drug dealer...He sold drugs to Jason Corley...He slept with Marilyn Corey...Go back to Stoleys, talk to people in the bar..They know it.. Check it out..."said Olivia.


"Heh Heh Heh, Nice try Liv....I know you're trying to get your client off and steer me in a different direction.. where is your husband?"he asked.

"Where do you think I got this information from?...He's already checked it out..He told me to share it with you, cop to cop."said Olivia.


"Oh he did ,did he? Tell Donnie Ray I said Nice Try...I don't think this way him...This has you written all over it Liv.Hahahahahahaha." he laughed as he headed out the door. "See you in court Liv." he laughed.


"He really is a stupid man isn't he?" asked Bree.

"Yes dear...He is..He is a stupid man!"said Olivia.


I was back at our Duplex /Office sharing information I had gleaned with Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Stanley Steinberg.


''This is our guy...John Henry Liel..

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Attended Thomas Edison High school, Expelled..

Attended Kensington High School, Expelled.

Did a year in the Pennsylvania Youth Study Center.

Earned a G.E. D.

Associates Degree in Business Administration-Community College

Arrested for Conspiracy to distribute controlled substance (Heroin) ,Charge suspended

Arrested and Convicted for Distributing Controlled substance (Heroin) ,(Cocaine)

Sentenced to 5-10 years in Stanga State Prison.

Took a course in Bartending, Taught English to inmates...

Paroled after three years..

Employed as a Bartender at Stoleys..

Rumored to still be dealing a package within the bar.


''Quite a rap sheet.." said Stanley Steinberg.

''Reminds me of my days as a Public Defender...That was my average client's life story, Black, White or Latino."said Nelson.

"Mine too!" said Beverly...


''You two cut your teeth in the Public Defenders office along with Olivia.  No wonder you're such great trial attorneys.. I can imagine what that was like, a desk full of cases, you hardly ever got a break..Sometimes you had to do your own investigations because there was no money in the budget to hire a good investigator....WOWWW!"said Stanley Steinberg..
"I've seen many a good attorney get jaded, get burned out...I left to take a job as a U.S. Attorney at the right time..Then I ran into my aunt who had left about two years before, she was now a Corporate Litigator and fed up and she told me she was starting her own firm and had purchased this building we are in...I tossed aside my plans to go to D.C. and became her partner.."said Beverly.
"I left and was working for a good firm just like this one...but Olivia kept hiring me on a consulting basis and her and Beverly kept telling me it would be great for the three of us to be working together again in a more relaxed environment..How could I refuse?" said Nelson.

"He really just wanted to be near Beverly." joked Josie..


''Well I can't blame him there...Both Beverly and You are very beautiful women, who wouldn't want to work around you two?" laughed Stanley Steinberg. "So what are we going to do about this tough guy here?"asked Stanley Steinberg.

"I'm going to serve him a subpeona..." I said.

IV-


Stoleys...Not a club Olivia and I hung out in...It played to a younger crowd.. Beverly, Josie, Nelson and Bresha.
Beverly , Olivia, Josie and Bresha sat at a small table..



With their Martini's of choice...Citris, Mango and Lemon.

"I do not intend to tear these pantyhose...I bought these today while you and Bree were gone."said Beverly as she sipped her drink.
''And you won't have to...Donnie Ray is handling this." said Olivia, sitting next to her sipping her Martini
Josie sat silently...a little tense....
Bresha was tense...She wondered just what if anything could go down.


Nelson sat across from them...We didn't want it to seem as if we were together.

John served me a drink...

"Your name is Diel isn't it?  You know these two?" I asked.


I slapped two glossies of Jason Corley and Marilyn Corey on the counter..

"Know em? I think you do." I said.

"Wait a minute , you a cop? because a detective, A Homicide Detective has already been here a few days ago and questioned me."said John, who was getting very, very angry.

"You need to tone it down son.. I'm an Investigator..I work for a law firm, a firm representing the man accused of killing those two..We need to know what you know about that night they were last seen..See I've already looked at video from that last night.. I know they were both last seen alive here and after that they left and YOU left and you weren't seen again for 48 hours, but they were never seen again..I know you and the deceased woman had a relationship..You and her spent a night in this motel..So don't tell me you don't know her because you do...Now you can talk to me now or in court..It's up to you." I said.

"I aint talkin to you at all and in fact...I'm gonna give you a knuckle sandwich and put your dentist in a new tax bracket.." he said, coming from behind the bar...

I couldn't believe this guy was going there..Maybe the girls should have talked to him..I doubt if he would've gotten physical with them....but here he came... And like most so called tough guys..He couldn't fight.. 

He swung two haymakers at me that missed by a mile.. I hit this guy 26 times...13 lefts and 13 rights to his face, sending him flying into a table and knocking two pitchers of beer on his head..

Everybody in the bar was stunned..he leaped up and tried to lunge into me..

I hit him with two uppercuts that nearly took his head off.. and tore up his mid section with 17 lefts and 17 rights and another upper cut that sent him crashing to the floor..

I stood back and put both of my palms up..

"This is getting you nowhere John, calm down.."I said.

His suit was ripped..His nose was bleeding, both of his eyes were nearly closed shut and his lip was swollen..He was breathing heavily...He was obviously in pain. But he unwisely began swinging at me again..

A swift left right combonation put him on his ass again.. He rolled over.. He was breathing heavy and I could see he was in excruciating pain.

When he attempted to get up..


Nelson tased him....

''ARRRRRGHHHHH LALALLA LAHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned and hit the floor, out for the night.


I paid for two pitchers of beer for the table he crashed into... 

People began clapping. A testimony to how much this guy was feared and hated by the other employees and the customers.





Nelson placed a subpoena in his hands as he lay unconscious.

''When he wakes up, tell him he has a date in court." I said.

Nelson and I walked towards the car..

''Well, uh that went rather well." said Beverly.

"You didn't tear your pantyhose, see?" said Olivia.
"We fared better than that guy...He tore his suit.That was a nice suit...Tore the sleeves and the knees of his trousers."observed Josie.


''Wow!, let's get out of here." said Bresha.

The girls had paid for their drinks and walked past him..


He was just waking up and just getting up off the floor.. He looked around..He was furious.. He had been beaten up in front of a crowd of people, he had torn his suit and worse..He had a court summons ,ordering him to appear in court..he stomped his foot...He walked over to a table and sat down and put his head on the table.


We piled into the car and pulled off.

It had been an entertaining night.


The upcoming trial would tend to be more entertaining.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments:

Post a Comment