Monday, October 11, 2021

Work Hard, Play Harder, Kill Softly


 SATURDAY, OUR DAY OFF-

Bee Bee ,Sofia and Soon to be former ADA Janice Hankins were leaving the Hair salon....



"Janice I am soooooo happy for you.....You're getting married.." said Bee Bee..

"So Am I....." said Sofia, gushing..

"I can't believe it...I've been without a steady man for almost two years...And now...Here I am engaged to be married and starting a new job the week after next.." said Janice...

They had all had their hair done and had a mani -pedi today...


They walked into LADY CHATTERLIES LOVER, PANTIES AND BRAS FOR THE DISCRIMINATING WOMAN -Lingerie store..


Bridget Jones, the proprieter of the store greeted them....

"You guys in here again? Ummmm Ummmmph...Somethin is going on in your new houses.." she joked.

"We aren't here for us this week..." laughed Sofia.
"We are here for our girl...It's our treat...She's going to need new panties, new bras and lingerie for her honeymoon...She's getting married.."said Bee Bee..
"Awwwww guys..." said Janice..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu Congratulations!  Well come on,let's see what we have.." said Bridget as the girls looked on...


My boy Kahlil and I , Keith Jones, Attorneys at law were running an errand for our spouses today at this same time at the local supermarket..

We had been at the gym part of the morning 

and then had run a couple of games of Basketball with some of our friends who still lived in the old apartment complex we used to live in..

Now we were at the Supermarket picking up things for dinner tonight...We were having our old Law School classmate and her fiance, Attorney Ben Akers over for dinner..He was fresh off of murder case in which he had been acquitted and feeling pretty good about being newly engaged to his one time protoge'.


So here we were in the supermarket ,picking up things for dinner tonight...

"I got everything homeslice.." said Kahlil...
"Okay,let's ring it up and get a shower and meet the girls for lunch at Sam Mother's.." I said..



An hour later , we met Sofia, my wife Bee Bee and our old friend Janice at Sam Mother's Diner for lunch





BLT's, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs and Fries and Cokes were the order of the day...

"We picked up everything...It's all at Sofia and Kahlil's house." I said.
"Oh thank you...We can start cooking as soon as we leave here.."said Bee Bee..

"Yeah..." said Sofia.
"So tell us Jan, how did all this come about? A few weeks ago when you had dinner with us...You didn't have a man...and now you're engaged and quitting your job....You've been a very busy girl." said Kahlil.
''Wellll Benny is not somebody I just met....I've known him since before we graduated from Law School.  His Mother and My Mother are friends...and they introduced us at church...When I graduated from law school...Benny helped me study for the bar...taught me how to take it!

When I passed the bar...His firm was one of the places I interned...I went on to work as a Public Defender and eventually an Assistant District Attorney...All that time ,I never thought he looked at me sexually at all...We had a kind of uh Big Brother ,Little Sister type relationship...Until this murder charge...
I got Olivia and her team to defend him.. They had been so kind to me, inviting me to their home for dinner , saying nice things about me after the trial we had just been involved in...








They were great! They defended Benny and won in court, freeing him!!!


Naturally , he was staying out of sight during the trial to avoid harrassment from you know who....I went to visit him  often and we got close..



very close! " she said , remembering the hot steamy nights they spent together...."And by the time the trial was over, We were in love and he asked me to marry him a few days later..." she said.

"Talk about a whirlwind romance." said Bee Bee..

''We are sooooo happy for you."said Sofia.


"He has two offices...The main one is here in Philly...He has two attorneys and an Office manager.. and there is one in Camden that has two attorneys and an office manager.. I'll be working here in Philadelphia...One of his attorneys here is leaving...So he offered the job to me... I've already turned in my resignation and filled out my W-4's...So As of Monday...I'll be working for Benjamin Akers, Esquire, Office 1-Philadelphia. " said Janice.

"That's good...That's real good Janice.." I said.
''Happy for you...Uh Oh ,Heads up guys.." said Kahlil...


Lt. Tragg walked in just then...Naturally, he stopped at our table...I'm glad we were finished our meal...

''Welllll look at what strange bedfellows we find here..Yvette's young troopers and the distinguished Assistant District Attorney...Tell me Ms. Hankins..you were quite chummy with Olivia and Beverly and crew during the Akers Trial..and I see you're chummy with these guys...Is it your wish to be a defense attorney?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"I used to be a Public defender......I know all about being a defense attorney.. and as for my friends here, We all attended PENN LAW SCHOOL, graduated in the same class and took the bar on the same day."said Janice.

''Ohhhhhh I see, you guys have history...Well look, I understand you have a 20-2 record...Your one loss being to Olivia and her team










...and the other to that clown, Deke Richards...
I  wouldn't feel bad about that...They are all very experienced and use a lot of courtroom shenanigans you probably haven't learned yet...Especially Richards." said Lt. Tragg, not mentioning that he was the case detective on both of those trials she lost and he missed key clues, fouled up evidence, failed to interview certain people and never recanvassed the crime scene..thus leading to her  losses in both cases...Olivia  and her team ,Like Deke Richards took advantage of all of the holes in the case and there were lots.

"They didn't use any shenanigans as you say...They were just better prepared...Anyway...I won't have to worry about facing them again or my friends here, who I came close to going up against...I resigned from the D.A.'s office a few days ago...This week coming up is my last week.. I have a new job with a private firm, making more money and I'm getting married." said Janice, who didn't mention it was to be to Benny Akers, who he had recently arrested and charged with a murder he didn't commit.


''Welllll congratulations are in order...I was actually looking forward to working with you again...Good Luck kid!" said Lt. Tragg as he headed for the counter to order his lunch..
"I was hoping to NEVER have to work with you again..."said Janice under her breath, but enough for us to hear it..
Bee Bee cracked up laughing..
So did Sofia...
I headed up to the counter to pay our bills..
''Come on let's get outta here." said Kahlil..

II-


SATURDAY- THEIR DAY OFF!



Ms. Yvette and her husband Gary hadn't left their house today....If it is said one can not live with just sex alone , they were proving that to be wrong... They had gone out dancing last night at Aqua Bar and Stoleys.



Gary thought Yvette was especially hot last night with her white net almost see through mini skirt..
He couldn't keep his eyes or his hands off of her last night...




They had made love most the night when they returned home...both of them drunk and horny beyond measure...

They had been kissing since they woke up this morning...Gary couldn't keep his hands off of Yvette and actually, she was loving it!
''Garrrrrry, what's gotten into us?" asked Ms. Yvette..


" I don't know...you just seem extra sexy for some reason." said Gary..

"Am I extra sexy or are you extra horny?" she asked..


"I don't know. maybe I am...but it's because you're so sexy...." he said..



She giggled..

''You always know the right things to say to get some more...You are too smooth at this..." she laughed.
He unhooked her bra and slipped her panties down.
Gary bent her over the bathroom sink and entered her doggie style...

"Ummmmmmmmmph!" he moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! GARYYYYY, OUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned as Gary went to town..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! VETTIE...OHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned..

They were on the bedroom floor a few minutes later going at each other furiously....Yvette had one orgasm after the other..Tears were freely flowing down her cheeks...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! HUSSSSSBANDDDDD!" she cooed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OUUUUU YOU ARE MY SWEET GIRRRL!" he growled..
Then finally the bed...
where for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS...they attended to each others sexual needs...


Both of their phones were on the charger and off...They had decided whatever was up, could wait...Luckily, no one had called Ms. Yvette or Gary today...


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"he moaned loudly...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GARRRRRY ...WOUUUUUUUU!"Yvette cooed...

were the sounds coming out of their bedroom......


They were making up for some much needed alone time after two big cases recently...


Gary lie in between Yvette's legs, sweaty and exhausted...trying to catch his breath...

"Gary Honey...It's Noon...Let's get up and get dressed and go somewhere nice for lunch...Not Sam Mother's..." said Yvette...

"Okay....Let's try Jersey..." he said..

"Cool" she said..


They kissed a little more...


We had dinner at Sofia and Kahlil's house..


"Both of your homes are gorgeous...I was looking at places out here before I got engaged.."said Janice..


Her fiance, Attorney Benjamin Akers agreed..

"WOWWWW! Yes... You guys live across the street from Olivia and Beverly huh? Niceee...." he said.



He had brought two very good Ports of Wine...

"Thank Youuuuuuu!" said Sofia.
"Thanks for the wines..." said Kahlil...
"Let me get some glasses and let's open one of them.."I said.
"Dinner will be ready in a minute.." said Bee Bee.

We were having something Mexican tonight.. Taco Lasagna...Something simple for a Saturday Afternoon..

"Sofia...Bee Bee you made this?? It's Delish!!"said Janice..
"Why Thank Youuuuuu!" said Sofia
"Sofia was the chef...I just followed her lead." said Bee Bee..


"Hats off to the chefs..." said Benny Akers, who was turning out to be a hell of a nice guy...

"Let's open this second bottle of wine..." said Kahlil...We had killed the first bottle...
''Yes, a toast to you Janice and Benny on your wedding!" I said...


Bee Bee and I, Kahlil and Sofia all raised our glasses in a toast to Benny and Janice.


III-


This same Saturday, Downtown Philadelphia at one of it's most tony hotels...A huge wedding rehearsal is taking place..


Downstairs in one of the rented rooms...A huge wedding rehearsal is going on....



Our old friend/Sometimes Adversary , Attorney Brenda Jordan was there...

''Where is Syl? He's the toastmaster...He's holding us up...I want to go home and get out of my clothes and perhaps have a drink before the night is over." she complained..


"Relax Bren...He's up in his room...I'll go up and get him...He's not answering his phone...Must be trying to get a hook up with some broad.." said her cousin, Nicky Jordan, who like Brenda , was a cousin of the groom.

"Thanks Nicky...tell him people are waiting." she said.
Several floors up, Sylvester Hines was in his room and on his phone..

"You think you're funny...sending me an empty envelope....Okay...well now I've upped my asking price..Instead of ten thousand dollars...I want twenty thousand dollars...and I want it soon or I might make it known to certain quarters what I know or worse, make a call to the F.B.I.  how about that?  What's that?  You'd like to uh work something out? What?  You know where my room is...Come up....and come up with some money...." he said and hung up..


He tossed his phone on the bed....Within minutes there was a knock on the door..

''Wow , that was quick." he said and smiled...He opened the door..

"Well that was quick..Where were you?? Down the hall?? Why are you wearing latex gloves?
You baking the wedding cake? He joked..


A gun with a silencer was produced...


Sylvester's face went white...He put both of his hands up..

"Oh come on...you don't want to do that..come on now!!!! Hold up...This isn't that serious!" he said before three bullets were placed in his chest center mass and one to his head  as he fell to his hotel room floor , DEAD!!!....

Just then ,footsteps were heard... The killer dimmed the lights..

''Syl...Syl...Stop jerking around...People are waiting for you downstairs..Syl?? Are you here?" said Nicky Jordan...

The room was dark!  He flicked on the light...

"SYL!!!! OH MY GODDD!" he said, startled..

Sylvester Hines lie in the middle of the floor, DEAD!!! VERY DEAD!!!

And just then, somebody clocked Nicky good, knocking him out cold..

"UGHHHHHHHH!!" he moaned as he fell to the floor.. The killer placed the pistol with the silencer in his hand...

Quietly closed the door and quietly left...Taking the latex gloves off  and getting into the elevator..



Downstairs Attorney Brenda Jordan was impatient and ready to go home..

"Ohhhhh what are they doing?  Maybe I should go up myself.." she said aloud..

Judge Jetty Dukes , who was also the chairman of the Legal Ethics Board and a guest of the family whispered to Brenda..

"Perhaps uh I'll go upstairs with you.."


"There's no need for that..." said Brenda..


"Oh I insist...besides..I need to stretch my legs..." he said.


"Ohhh Alright" said Brenda as they boarded the elevator.


Just a few blocks away from the hotel where a murder has taken place.. Ms. Yvette and Gary are having dinner and drinks..

"Ouuu Gary this is sooooo nice..I love it!!"squealed Yvette..
''Save your applause until after we taste the cuisine...Here it comes now." said Gary, smiling..

They had an apple salad...
Fried Calamari
and Lemon Martinis...
"Ohhhhhh Gary, the food was delish and the Martinis...just right.." said Yvette..
''Glad you liked it...I'm going to have to tell Donnie Ray about this place." said Gary with a smile.

"Trust me... He already knows.." laughed Yvette, who was happier than ever tonight...


She leaned over and kissed Gary passionately, devouring his lips....


This had been a perfect day..., at least for some people.


IV-

A few blocks away at the hotel...Police officers held the crowd back in the hallway...A mixture of people registered in rooms on the floor and members of the wedding party that heard the tragic news..That Sylvester Hines, the best man and Toastmaster had been murdered...

Crime Scene Investigators and members of the Medical Examiners office were snapping photos and dusting for prints and DNA evidence at a crime scene..

Dr. Hazel Baylor was examining the body lying on the floor..

"He took four shots...three to the chest...and one to the forehead...He's been dead about an hour and a half.." said Hazel....


A bandage and a cold tower were being administered to Nicky Jordan....


The murder weapon, found in his hands was put in a plastic bag and tagged...


Attorney Brenda Jordan was stunned...\
Judge Jetty Dukes attempted to hug her...while rubbing her butt..

"It's alright baby...I'm here for ya...UMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned..


''Oh My Goddddd...Would you please stop trying to grope me?" she whispered sternly to him..Sex was the furthest thing from her mind right now!


The night was bad enough....but seeing him come in just made it worse...Lt. Arthur Tragg of Homicide...

He looked down at the body....

"Ouuuuuuuu..what have we got here?" said Lt. Tragg...

"White Male, age 28....Name- Sylvester Hines....was the best man.  They were having a wedding rehearsal downstairs...Someone shot him four times....Three to the chest and one to the head... We ascertain this all happened around 90 minutes ago...



Lt. Tragg was wearing latex gloves...He looked at the body.....

"Recent job..body still warm...No sign of rigor..." he said.."Who discovered the body?" he asked..
"Those two sir." said one of  the CSI guys..pointing to Judge Jetty Dukes, who Lt. Tragg knew and Attorney Brenda Jordan, who he also knew quite well..
'We were downstairs at the wedding rehearsal and we came up here to see why the uh victim was taking so long.. and we found him lying in a pool of blood on the floor and uh the other guy over there unconscious with his head bleeding and the gun in his hand." said Jetty Dukes.

Brenda had wished he hadn't said anything, especially that and let her do the talking..She wished any other detective other than Lt. Tragg was on this case..


"Va Va Va Vooooooom!" Lt. Tragg said ,looking at Brenda and walking toward her.. He was all up in her personal space and he slyly allowed his hand to softly caress her butt..

"Brennnnnnnnda....Long time no seee.,..." he said ..


"Not Long enough!" she said and removed his hands...


''What are you doing here?"he asked..


"My cousin is the groom...He's getting married..That's him and his bride over there being interviewed by a police officer.." she said.

"The woman is his bride to be, Taylor Thornton..." said Brenda..


"Va Va Va VOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" whispered Lt. Tragg under his breath..."What a Babe!" he said.

and that's my cousin...Attorney Bobby Jordan, he's on the Legal Ethics Board." said Brenda...

"Lieutenant, stop staring at my cleavage..." said Brenda...


"I can't help it...They..They're just there.." he laughed...


"The guy with the ice pack on his head and the bandage being applied is my cousin also...Nicky Jordan...He came up to find out why Syl was taking so long and found him dead...Someone clocked him and when he woke up...The gun was in his hand..." said Brenda.
"Is that how he's playin it?" asked Lt. Tragg..
"What do you mean is that how he's playin it?  You don't think he did this do you? " asked Brenda...

"I've got to take him downtown...talk to him at least."said Lt. Tragg in all seriousness..

"Oh you've got to be kidding...You know you're dangerous..." she said..
"I've got something dangerous in my pants baby!" he whispered in her ear...
"Oh My God, you're disgusting!!!....You know, you slipped your hands up my dress and ripped my panties off and I slapped the hell out of you...Aren't you still angry about that?" she asked.

"That was a year ago...I can let bygones be bygones if you can.." he laughed ."


"Oh My god, you disgust me!" said Brenda, walking away...
Lt. Tragg snickered...He liked getting under her skin....

"Okay Hazel...you can remove the body.." he said.
"Okay guys...Let's wrap him up and get him out of here." said Hazel.
The body was put in a white body bag and strapped to a gurney and rolled down the hall past gawking onlookers and put into an elevator with only police and Medical Examiner's officials..
A crowd and newsmen gathered outside the hotel as the body was loaded into the Medical Examiner's Van ..
Another Saturday Night in the big city!!!! Another Murder.


SUNDAY MORNING!

End of a great weekend...We were all ready to go back to work tomorrow....

"I can't believe I'm actually hungry after that great dinner last night.." said Bee Bee..
"You worked it off last night." I joked..


Bee Bee blushed...

We had made love until the wee hours of the morning after we left Sofia and Kahlil's house...
We were both exhausted and sweaty when we finally stopped..




Likewise Sofia and Kahlil had burned some calories making sweet love also last night after we all left and her kitchen was cleaned..

"What did you do this weekend Jade?" asked Kahlil..

''Danny and I went to Atlantic City...we didn't win any money though."said our investigator...Jade Lee..

We hadn't seen Ms. Yvette since we left work on Friday....She and Gary walked in just then...


"Hello loves...how was your weekend?? we saw you guys in Stoleys Friday Night....and last night, Gary took me to the most wonderful new restaurant...You all have got to go.." said Ms. Yvette , who was just glowing..
"Hey Guys.." said Gary..who smiled a satisfied smile..


We all had Buttermilk Pancakes,


Hash browns


Sausages


Fresh squeezed Orange Juice..


And Hot coffee...







It was pure heaven....We were enjoying our breakfast, with light casual conversation and no interruption from Lt. Tragg...

Attorney Brenda Jordan walked in the diner just then...she saw us and walked over to our table..

"Hello guys...It's been awhile.." she said, smiling..

"Hello Ms. Jordan.." said Sofia..
"Good Morning." said Kahlil..
''Hello Ms. Jordan." said Bee Bee.
"Good Morning Ms. Jordan.." I said.

"They are soooo polite... I LOVE THEM!... Yvette...can I speak to you in private a minute? I may need your help." said Brenda..
"Sure " said Ms. Yvette, who got up and followed her to the counter..

"I smell our next case." said Ms. Jade.


''So do I"said Gary, smiling wryly...


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment