Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Good Times Daisy


 We headed to the Men's Prison today...We took Natalie's car and Brooke's husband, Sean came with us..


We parked the car in the prison's parking lot and walked toward the prison...


William "Bull" Bailey was as usual standing there to check us in...





Natalie and I walked in with two thermos's.... One filled with Hot coffee and one filled with Hot Soup....

"Ummmm come here baby, this is for uh good luck!" whispered Sean to Brooke...
Sean gave Brooke a slow, sweet kiss that lingered a little longer, a lot longer than Bull Bailey would have liked..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu thank you baby!" said Brooke, who gave Sean another kiss..

"And that's good luck for you too!" she whispered...

Bul Bailey  fumed upon seeing them kissing....He was as red as a beet when they passed through his checkout point and for the first time he didn't smile or say 'Good Morning' to Brooke, not that she cared.

That should have been him kissing Brooke, he reasoned...He had carried a torch for her for years.

In the visiting room....Attorney Elaine Young was already there....

"Hello Brooke, Natalie, David...  William, these are the attorneys who will be taking on your case...This is Brooke Marks, Mrs. Brooke Marks, Her husband, Federal Public defender, Sean Marks , Mrs. Natalie Charles and her husband, David Charles..They are with Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit." said Elaine.
"Pleased to meet you guys....I'm so glad to finally be making some headway...I've been locked up for a year...I did not kill Daisy....I was waiting for her to come to my apartment ...We were supposed to be hooking up... I had Champaigne out and the bed all ready....Plus a warm bath ran. She never arrived." said William.


"Ouuuuu a Renaissance man." joked Natalie...

He laughed...he looked at Natalie.. "You are beautiful....Your husband there is a very lucky man.I hope he realizes that!" he said.

''He knows it! Don't you bae?" laughed Natalie..

"I sure do..." I said and hugged Natalie..




Elaine, Brooke and Sean all laughed to break the ice...


''We brought some Hot coffee for you in this Thermos."said Brooke..

"And I hope you like Good Soup...We'll bring more food , our next visit." said Natalie.

"AWWWWWW THANKS LADIES!" said William Billingslay.  He found Elaine Young, Brooke and Natalie very attractive... They smelled good ,they dressed well and he wouldn't have minded spending the night or nights with any of the three... He thought Sean and I were two very lucky gentlemen and he only imagined what our nights were like..




Elaine spread the case files out on the table...

"I see you used the law library at the prison to your advantage....The Warden told me you spent most of your days there...reading and learning how to file briefs in your behalf... You were quite impressive in the county appellate court.... When I heard about your case and saw your briefs...I was intrigued...That's why I visited you and agreed to represent you in State Appellate court..." said Elaine.

"No one was more surprised than me that they tossed the case....Don't you guys usually go to three or four appellate courts with appeals?? That's what I hear from fellow inmates...who have run out of money or the attorney has run out of time to keep going."said William.

"After a case goes to four ,or five appellate courts and there is failure there...The Attorney must argue before the State Supreme Court....Sometimes they refuse to even hear a certain case...I've had that happen to me twice..I'm a Federal Public Defemder."said Sean.


"A Judge will either tell you to come back with compelling new evidence or to forget about it."I said . "I only had that happen once...when I was a Public Defender." I said.


"I've gone to State Appellate Court four times.....I've never lost...."said Brooke.


"Same Here..but the important thing is...Elaine didn't lose..She was successful the first time, which means your case was weak to begin with...The Prosecution here may have made several mistakes...There was compelling evidence the jury never saw...Lots of things...Our job is to go to court and finish the job she started.."said Natalie.


"That's why I got these guys....They're good and they specialize in cases like yours..." said Elaine..


"That's good to know.." said William....

"You guys familliar with a Bar called Curleys?" he asked.

"Sure Am...."said Brooke.
"We go there almost Every Thursday Night with our friends."said Sean.
"Couples Night....Two drinks free for every two drinks purchased.."said Natalie..
"The Bar encourages hedonism, alcoholism.." I joked.


Elaine laughed herself... "I go there often when I'm in town." she said.

"You guys are married.. but Curley's whether you know it or not is a notorious hook up bar. I met Daisy in there....She told me she used to be fat....I couldn't believe it..
She was gorgeous....She had guys just salivating over her...She was just basking in all of the attention..Guys buying her drinks, slipping her their phone numbers and what not.. Somehow I got lucky that night...We talked and talked for a long time and she went home with me... It was a Friday Night...we made love several times that night and early morning...We showered and got dressed and we went to Sam Mother's Diner for Breakfast....Then we went back to my place and made crazy love until early Sunday Morning...When I woke up she was gone...I didn't have her phone number or her address..
 I didn't see her again until a month later...In Curley's..and she was with another guy....She left with him..

Despite that..I refused to believe she was that kind of girl....She seemed shy, vulnerable, eager to please...and I don't mean just sexually...She needed to be liked...She didn't want to make anybody angry...

We ran into each other again at the No I.D. Bar...a hipster joint.." he said.



"Heyyyyyy, you hang out at all of our spots...We are there every Friday Night." I said,laughing.
"Do you know about their brunch on Saturday Mornings?" asked William.

"Sure Do..."said Brooke.
''We are there every Saturday."said Natalie...

''Well we ran into each other at No I.D. one Saturday Morning..She was there with another guy,but we exchanged numbers and addresses and a few days later, she called me.. I came to her apartment and we made crazy love again... The next week I took her to Bottom of the C. for dinner." said William.


''Alright...Now you're talkin..."said Natalie.




Brooke, Sean, Myself and Elaine all exploded into laughter....

"She told me there was some guy, Rudy something or other...Who was stalking her, Showing up at her job, making threatening calls to her at all times of night....She was a bit worried.  I asked her if she had called the police. She said she did on two occassions...She said they had dated twice...and that he couldn't perform in the bed if you uh know what I mean...she had told him that it was alright...that they could still be friends....but that when he saw her with other guys he went ballistic...She said she never told him he was her boyfriend or that they were exclusive..just like she had never told me that...She said She was out for a good time,.Good Times Daisy...She said she wasn't ready to settle down yet...Right now in her life she was just exploring the dating scene and having fun."he said.


"When did you last see her?"asked Brooke.



"Two days before she went missing... I was in the shopping center...up in what was the old warehouse district....It's completely different now.. New Homes, Apartments, Lofts, Condos...Three or four clubs, two or three shopping centers.. It's really nice..." said William.

"That's where all of us live...Except Elaine... There are no warehouses up there now..All new housing.."said Sean.

"I'm Hip...Daisy told me she was planning to move soon...and she was looking at some cool apartments up there..She was in a lingerie store...

"LADY CHATTERLIES LOVER-PANTIES AND BRAS FOR THE DISCRIMINATING WOMAN" said William.



"Oh My God...You are too close to where we live....I shop there!" said Natalie.



''I shop there too! We know the owner personally." said Brooke.

He smiled imagining Brooke and Natalie in some of the lingerie he saw there on display.

"We talked...She told me I was the only steady, constant guy in her life right now and she wanted to see me. This was a Tuesday Night...After she finished shopping we went to the bar there in the shopping center and had a few cold ones





...and that was it..the last time I saw her in person. Two nights later, she called me..It was a Thursday...she said she wanted to come over and spend the night..She was off from work on Friday.  I was off too...So after she hung up...I ran a nice warm bath for her..I stripped the bed and put new sheets and pillowcases on the bed and I tidied the house up. Two hours went by and she never showed up. I called her and her phone went to voice mail..I sent several texts and got no return message.. I was angry....I thought she was trying to play me..she never showed up that night...I went to her apartment..It was locked and the lights were off and her car wasn't out front... Saturday came and I still heard nothing from her...Monday...I called her job and they said she didn't come to work..I never saw her again...and when I found out her car was found six blocks from my house..with her drivers license, her phone and her car keys on the front seat...I was really spooked. Six weeks later.. Lt. Tragg was arresting me and charging me with her murder... There was no body...No real proof that she has been murdered... We all thought, there was no way I'd be convicted...but here I am...I had a really bad attorney....He fell asleep three times during the trial...The Judge had to admonish him to wake up..."said William.

"MY GOD!! WHAT KIND OF ATTORNEYS ARE AT THAT OFFICE?" asked Elaine.
"Overworked ones I agree...but there is no excuse for that...None at all."I said.
"Oh My God!" said Natalie.
"You hang tight..We are going to get you out of this..and remember...Say Nothing to no one , Not guards, not other inmates about your case." said Brooke.
"We'll be back in a few days." said Sean..


"Come on Guys...Breakfast is on me..." said Elaine. "William, be good." said Elaine as we left.



Bull Bailey stood and watched us as we got into our car..




II-

We went to Sam Mother's diner for Breakfast..
'I'm Famished...sorry to get you guys up so early...This is the least I could do." said Elaine.
"That's okay...Next time we come we'll either go to Cakeman Raven's Bakery and get a spread or have Olivia and Alfreda's caterer fix us a catered meal." said Brooke.
''And maybe get the use of one of her buses too!" laughed Sean.
"we put the "N" in Networking." said Natalie.


"You guys sure do."laughed Elaine..who knew about all of the people who lived in our neighborhood and who worked in our building and who not only socialized, but shared resources...She envied us that.

"Hey here comes our breakfastss" I said.





Our platters arrived
And Hot Coffee was poured for all of us...
Lt. Tragg walked in just as we were being served.... We all collectively sighed upon seeing him, but it didn't matter...We were going to eat our breakfasts...

''WELLLLL LOOK WHO IT IS...THE FOLKS FROM WRONGFUL CONVICTION....Freeing criminals one criminal at a time.!" he smirked....

No one paid him any mind...We chowed down....

Ms. Yvette, Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Jade  came in after us and pulled up a table near us...They were in a good mood this morning.

 

 "Hi everybody...We are just getting here too!  Jury came back! We got an acquittal." said Yvette...

"This case was pretty easy." said Keith Jones..
"Ouuu what's good? " asked Bee Bee.
''Everything they have looks good."said Sofia.
"Here comes the waitress for our orders." said Kahlil...
Jade motioned her over....



"Yvette , you guys are the hardest to find...You're never in your office...Perhaps I should start looking here." he sneered...

Again, no one responded to him at all, it was as though he wasn't there..













Their meals arrived too and they began eating like us..


"Soooooooo and who pray tell is paying for these meals? The City of Philadelphia?" he asked....Again, no one responded...we continued to eat..Of course with him standing over us, we couldn't have a conversation he wouldn't be privy to....He turned his attention to Elaine.

"Elaine...This is the second time in a few days that I've seen you...What's goin on ? You in town for a big case?" he asked.


"I'm eating with friends...was all she would say. she got up and went to the counter...She took out her credit card and paid for her meal and Brooke, Sean, Natalie and my meals...


Lt. Tragg followed her and observed..

"You paying for all of their meals?  What's goin on?  What's the case.?" he asked, smiling.


"I bought my friends breakfast." was all Elaine would say....


"Goodbye Elaine...Thanks for breakfast." said Natalie.
"Goodbye Elaine...Thanks for breakfast."  I said 
"Goodbye Elaine...Thanks for breakfast." said Brooke.
"Goodbye Elaine...Thanks for breakfast." said Sean...

We all got in Natalie's car and pulled off, headed for home.


Likewise Yvette and her crew paid their tabs and also left without saying a word to Lt. Tragg. 

 









They piled into Ms. Jade's Nissan Pathfinder and like us headed for home.

"Elaineit's been awhile...why don't you and I go out for a couple of nice cool drinks, some quiet conversation somewhere nice and quiet?" said Lt. Tragg.
"Maybe some other time Arthur...see you!" said Elaine as she left and headed for her car.


and pulled off.

III-

WEDNESDAY-

Our building had two huge conference rooms..

in one , the main one... our friends, Jazzy, Kayla, Zoey, Lem and Renee' were meeting with an important client.








and in our newest large conference room, our other friends were talking to clients..Attorneys Dabnis Coley, Ray St. Jacques, Tony Billips, Tyrell Jones and Para-legal, law student-Paris Boyd were meeting there..






and in our conference room... We too were very busy...  Karen, Brooke, Natalie ,Myself and now Sean , who had joined our team were awaiting Investigator, Milton Lewis..



"I imagine the cafeteria is going to be empty today...At least of our friends..everybody is ordering lunch to be delivered today....We all seem to be in conference rooms..."said Karen.
''Ms. Yvette is taking her whole crew out to lunch today...To congratulate them for winning that case yesterday."said Brooke.
"I'm happy for them....We'll all be together for dinner."said Natalie..
I smiled... I softly ran my hands along her legs and up her skirt.....


She smiled and removed my hands...rubbing them softly...


Sean smiled.

"Here he comes now" he said.



"Hello Guys....Well here is the skinny.....In the year and a half after Daisy Parker's miraculous weight loss, she dated about 29 guys, including your client...in and around the Philadelphia Area and South Jersey...she frequented Aqua Bar, Stoleys, The Mermaid Club, Curley's,  the No I.D. Bar and a club in South Jersey...She was picked up by these guys in these bars....I interviewed all of these guys every single one and the all had alibi's...Alibi's I checked. Lt. Tragg ,to my surprise checked them too...He really worked this case...I think what bothered him was that there is no forensic evidence...No prints in her car, except hers...No DNA ,except hers.....In her apartment, several people...but I checked them all out and cleared them....I stopped by her job and interviewed everybody there...Nothing....The Good News...There is nothing, absolutely nothing that indicts your client either....I don't know how  that woman, Reenie Thomas got a conviction....There was nothing except he was the last person to talk to her and she was on her way to his apartment when she vanished...." said Private Investigator, Milt Lewis.


"That's what Detective Sam Jones told us...The same thing." said Natalie.

"Lt. Tragg jumped the gun and declared this a Homicide , with no body and no proof.....It could have been a kidnapping....Then after six weeks on the case...which was now 12 weeks...he had to do something, had to have a suspect..so he he grabbed William Billingslay and charged him with Murder.."said Brooke.


"He makes me sick the way he randomly victimizes innocent people...With little to no evidence. "said Natalie.


"Olivia and Beverly and Yvette and her crew as well as myself and Tyrell have saved so many people from fates worse than death..." I said half jokingly...


"He's the worst detective ever...He took a missing persons case from Sam Jones and turned it into a homicide and got what he really wanted..headlines...and this man has been locked up for a year  because of it.." said Sean...

"That Notwithstanding...We still have to defend him... There is no forensic evidence...Not one eyewitness to anything and nothing placing our client at the scene of any abduction and no motive...We can start from there.." said Karen.


"Here's Something...It didn't come out in the trial and it's not in any police report... We were told that she complained about a guy named...Rudy, who may have been stalking her...and who called her up late at night with threatening calls...." I said.

"None of the guys I interviewed was named Rudy or even close ..but there are a number of calls from a blocked number on her phone...possibly a burner phone....This was overlooked during the initial investigation. "said Milt.

"Check the 911 calls and any complaints made by her about this... William said she told him she made several calls..." said Brooke.

"I'll look into that." said Milton Lewis.



IV-


WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON-CURLEY'S-




A Second Bottle of Tequilla was opened and three glasses a piece were filled....

"Artie , I'm trying to stop drinking so much....You're no good for me..." said Special Prosecutor Maureen "Reenie " Thomas..
''Awww come on Reenie...I haven't seen you in close to a year..." said Lt. Tragg.

"If you just want to get laid...say so....Don't try to fill me up with liquor.." said Maureen Thomas..

They finished the bottle...



Lt. Tragg followed her to her condo.....

They were kissing passionately outside her condo for nearly THIRTY MINUTES!
"UMMMMMMMM ARTIE....OUUUUUUUU LET ME PUT MY KEY IN THE DOOR!" she said as they continued kissing.
They fell up against the wall ,kissing and taking their clothes off......

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...AWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD!" he yelled out..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE A BIG BOY...WOUUUUUUUUU  DID IT GROW SOME SINCE THE LAST TIME?? MYYYYYYYYYYY GOODNESS!" she exclaimed in between more kisses.
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY!" he cried out! He was nearly delirious...He didn't know if he was coming or going.



"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!" he moaned..

He unhooked her bra....

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!" he moaned..
and slipped her panties, down...

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he cried out..

"You are soooo silly Arthur." she giggled.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned...spreading her legs and entering her doggie style..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed..She had a monstrous orgasm...Her body trembling something crazy, her head turning from side to side...her arms flailing...
They were on the floor soon, really going at it....It was the first sex he'd had in nearly six months...
and finally on her living room couch....He flipped her over and slowly entered her....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...YOU ARE A BEAST...UMMMMMMM!" she cried out. "OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed..She had another deeply intense orgasm...Her body trembling something crazy, her head turning from side to side...her arms flailing...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEET BABY!!" he cried out.
They made love for the next ELEVEN TO TWELVE HOURS......on her living room couch...

They took a nice hot shower together..
Then retired to her bedroom...
where they wound up making sweet love some more...This time in her comfortable bed...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...YOU ARE A BEAST...UMMMMMMM!" she cried out. "OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! ARTHUR" she screamed..She had another deeply intense orgasm...Her body trembling something crazy, her head turning from side to side...her arms flailing...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEET BABY!!" he cried out.


The six of us, Karen, B.L., Me, Natalie, Brooke and Sean had dinner at Olivia and Beverly's Office/Duplex that night. This place would always be special to me and Natalie...Our love, our relationship was consummated here...


"Dinner is served...Everybody dig in...grab a plate.. You guys are certainly not guests, but family members." said Alfreda...
Her husband, ADA Rockland Cambridge put his arms around her waist and hugged her..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I know something I'd like to dig into....and it's not food.." he mumbled..
"You are soooooo nasty....hush up and go sit down...." she giggled, shooing him away...
"I hear that the William Billingslay case has been reopened...I always thought he was being senselessly railroaded...We offered our help initially but that Public Defender...Wally Drollinger refused our help."said Olivia.


"Drollinger? He was the Attorney on the case?  Oh My God...No wonder it turned out the way it did , he's the worst." I said.


"I remember doing a story on him....Several people he represented wanted to do a class action suite against him and the Public Defender's Office...They said their relative didn't get adequate representation." said B.L.

"Oh My God, this guy was that bad?" asked Karen.


''Worse...He was Lt. Tragg on steroids....Always drunk or asleep and when he wasn't...His hands wandered, always pinching a woman's butt or trying to run his hands up their dress...Ask Jessica Sanchez- She slapped the hell out of him..and so did I....He chased Brooke around the office during our one and only appearence at an Office Christmas Party..."said Natalie.

"Oh My God Yes!...And Like Lt. Tragg, he refused to work with other attorneys and was stubborn and bull headed, you couldn't tell him anything...once he got his mind set on something..." said Brooke.

"It's a wonder he's not disbarred." said Sean.

"He's not...but he's not with the Public Defender's Office anymore.. He left and went out West to a rehab program....He's clean and sober now and working in Bayside at a small law firm.."said B.L. 

''Well you guys can use our law library and our media room anytime you need it and we can help you with jury selection." said Olivia, always very helpful.
 
"I hear you've got Milt Lewis on this...He's a good man...He's done a few jobs for us...Pinch hit for me."said Donnie Ray....


"Looks like you've got everything covered...Maybe you want to look at this Drollinger's trial notes..."said Beverly...
"Nah Honey Bun...Actually it's better that they build a new case from scratch...This guy screwed the pooch on this one."said Nelson...

"I hate that term...Screwed the Pooch, but I get what you're saying." said Josie...
"I hope you guys are still getting interesting cases like this after I pass the bar." joked Paris..

"Trust me...They will, We all will." said Bresha.
"Our firm will be getting some good cases Paris." said Tony,laughing...

"There's some dessert if you all want it,." said Alfreda.



"Ummmmmmmmmm I want some dessert." moaned Rockland..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuu hush up!" Alfreda laughed....softly rubbing his hands...

 


Early the next morning ,Lt. Traggwas driving Reenie Thomas back to Curley's to pick up her car.


''Everytime I go drinking with you...We wind up in bed.. Why don't you take me on a proper date if you like me?  " she asked.

Lt. Tragg ignored the question...

"So Reenie...You work out of South Jersey....Cherry Hill..what brings you around these parts now of days?" he asked.


"Gil Garcetti called me...They have reopened the Billingslay Case...None of his ADA's want to touch it..and since I originally prosecuted it...I'm prosecuting it again.. A Local Attorney , Elaine Young reopened the case and took it to County Appellate court where the conviction was tossed out and a new trial was ordered..."said Reenie.  "I might need you to do some investigating for me." she said.







THAT WAS IT!! HE THOUGHT!! WHY HE SAW HER WITH OLIVIA AND YVETTE and KAREn HAVING LUNCH IN CURLEY'S THE OTHER DAY....SHE WAS TRYING TO RECRUIT THEM TO TAKE ON THIS CASE.... Olivia and Yvette's dance cards were full.. but this was right up Karen's alley..






She put her four attorneys on the case..

He knew he was right!!! It all fit.
He thought as he drove through the overcast streets.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment